Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: Lost Souls

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Felicity becomes frantic when she learns Ray is alive and being held by Damien Darhk. Felicity's guilt over not finding Ray sooner causes tension between her and Oliver. Meanwhile, Sara joins Laurel, Thea and the team on a rescue mission to free Ray. However, the effects of the Lazarus Pit take over and threaten to jeopardize the entire operation.

Yea... if Oliver and Felicity aren't end game after tonight i'm a bee.

Sorry Not Sorry loliver fans, your ship is Mars and the burning sun that is Olicity has dried you up for good, you ain't nothing but a dead plant.

ETA: Ohhh I should create comparison picture of it.. integrate Olicity into the sun, and loliver into Mars...

Also, So it is SmoakLance.. okay.

i'll come back later for more.

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 2

Tator Tot Ray brings out the worst in Felicity, I swear.  I was not a fan of the passive-aggressiveness or bitchiness this episode.  Reminded me too much of season 3 Felicity, who I was generally not a fan of.  Thought the episode was boring and a let-down, actually.  

• Love 6

Can someone please remind me-- does Ray know that Ollie is the Arrow?

And who was the guy Ollie killed on the island..? (Were we supposed to know who he was, or did i just miss something?)

I liked the Olicity in this ep. :-)

"Tater tot Ray"-- hee hee hee!

Edited by janeta
  • Love 2

Filler ep, kind of meh about it, hated the fight, loved the talk at the end, LOVED Damien vs. Oliver, loved Felicity acknowledging that she could handle being targeted by a madman. Hated that they spent all that time on Sara's resurrection and she only hung around for five minutes. I mean, the less Lance drama the better, but if I've gotta sit through it, give me some pay off. 

• Love 5

For an episode where Ray was supposed to cause "tension" between Oliver and Felicity - that might have been one of the strongest Olicity episodes ever!

In other news, I enjoyed just about everything about that episode from "Chatty Cathy" to Ray's entomology fascination to the Kord industry shout out.  In fact, I think that was my favorite of the season.

• Love 14

Can someone please remind me-- does Ray know that Ollie is the Arrow?

And who was the guy Ollie killed on the island..? (Were we supposed to know who he was, or did i just miss something?)

I liked the Olicity in this ep. :-)

Ray absolutely knows, thanks to his tech.  Episode 3.17, I believe.

• Love 3

Also, I LOLed at Diggle's nickname being Spartan. I wonder if that one's sticking?

Despite my meh-ness on parts of this episode, I loved the character-building stuff, like Sara talking on the phone to her HORRIBLE MOTHER, Diggle and Oliver's convo, Oliver and Felicity's, Felicity and her mom's. Even-and i hate myself for this-Lance and Donna's interaction. I thought everyone did a great job of selling the way that all of these people felt about each other, so that was great. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 11

Stupid Ray Palmer episode 80% about Oliver and Felicity. Why is S04 so good to me?!

Ugh at Lance and Donna. Whoever asked for that should be ashamed of themselves?

Felicity needs to rewatch some S03 episodes (my condolences) if she thinks this is losing herself in a relationship. Feel our pain & suffering, Felicity!

• Love 6

“It’s my fault.” Alex, I’ll take Words You’ll Never Hear Laurel Lance Say for $1000.  But seriously,  even though Ray’s predicament was her fault, it was so great to see Felicity take stock of her own choices and their impact both on herself and others.

Ooh, love Team Arrow seeing up Oliver to get “captured” by Damien’s henchmen. Loved Oliver being a badass. And Damien being an even bigger badass. That thing with the chains was pretty damn awesome. And Oliver getting loose of the chains was even more awesome.

You meant to say it "wasn't" her fault, right?

Re the chains, just because I liked the logic, he got out of them bc Digg, undercover, is the one who chained him up.  Sense was made!

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 4

I mean, it was a good episode but Felicity was a bitch for most of it, and I expected a much bigger payoff for that. 

I actually said in the middle of the episode - she's not a bitch, she's just really tired.  I'm bitchy when I'm tired and no one is working with me too. :)

I wanted more payoff for Sara/Thea but I guess they just decided - bring them all back and get to filming LoT.  That's a shame since Sara is so important to so many Arrow characters, but oh well.

Edited by nksarmi
  • Love 16

Oliver's campaign manager is a younger Maxwell Lord right?  Because holy crap he was really looking like a young Peter Facinell playing Maxwell Lord.

I really enjoyed all of Oliver talking about Felicity's mother.  That was just fantastic, the revelation they were texting, Oliver inviting her to dinner and offering to make the meal, and his reaction to Donna's cooking.  Something I didn't enjoy was how much of an ass Felicity was.  Seriously that was writing her in the worst way possible, oh no, Oliver thinks you need to sleep and actually has the audacity to invite your mother.

I liked Curtis, Ray praising Oliver's new suit, and Captain Lance and Donna together complete with Captain Lance not having alcohol.  Do we call them Dentin, Quance, Loak, or Smance?

• Love 4

I enjoyed this! It was a really strong character episode.

And YES! My theory about Oliver getting 'captured' by DD was right. Total set-up. Yassss!

I thought Felicity's doubts about her relationship came out of nowhere but that scene kind of gutted me in a good way? So I don't mind so much. I need to rewatch.

Yes, Felicity was out of line for most of this and I don't like how she spoke to Oliver in front of other people (although I did like how everyone smiled at their fight-y banter on the comms - even Laurel smiled!!). But if this is what it takes to make Felicity a flawed and fleshed out character then okay. No but seriously. Oliver did nothing wrong and she was so mean! Kind of reaffirms that I'm not that keen on how Beth writes Felicity.

Olicity yin yang kiss was super hot and the straddling! I repeat! We had straddling. Perfect.

• Love 19

Overall, I kinda loved it. I'm so happy to enjoy my show again! (S3 burned me so badly; every week I'm surprised anew.)

I really enjoyed the Olicity relationship drama. It felt like a real problem and not manufactured drama, and I enjoyed the resolution. I'm going to need CR to become a regular

if Lance is killed off

because these people need a paternal figure. I really enjoyed the fight because it gave us my bromance back! I missed Diggle and Oliver drinking together. Plus, damn, if I thought I was invested in Olicity before they got together, I don't know if I'll be able to handle it if they ever break up. Love will have died. 

I hope someone's going to pay for that poor security guard's plastic surgery bills since his face is now broken. 

Ray was fine. Scott Lang did it better. /marvelgirl He is now free to leave. Bye Ray! 

I hope Curtis is let in on the secret soon. I think he's proved his trustworthiness. Talk about a Gary Stu, though. What can't this guy do? Now, he's a basejumper? I love EK, though, so I'll only roll my eyes a little bit. 

I hope the flashbacks reach a point soon. Poppy's accent bugs me a bunch for some dumb reason. Actually, that other dude's Southern accent bugs, too. At least, Constantine's flashback was relevant to the present. I'm not sure where this island stuff is going. 

• Love 16

Life got in the way of me seeing Arrow live.

But I made it home in time to see FbOQ kill a guy, Laurel being praised, the fabulous Olicity kiss and the Smoakinlance moment. So all in all it was like a mini meta Arrow episode.

Also love DD, his one liner commentary really speaks to me. I totally feel like he is pulling thoughts straight out of my head :)

I'll catch up with the ep and the board later. :)

• Love 1

Olicity yin yang kiss was super hot and the straddling! I repeat! We had straddling. Perfect.

I thought that kiss was gonna be weird, but not so much. Yay! 

And YES! My theory about Oliver getting 'captured' by DD was right. Total set-up. Yassss!

When he kicked DD in the face I was like YESSSS, but then when he got strangled with the magic chain snake I was like nOOOOOO, and then when he kabloomed his way out of it I was like YESSSSS again.

And if villains weren't so obsessed with evil monologuing, THEY WOULD FIND OUT WHO THE MASKED GUYS ARE 100% OF THE TIME

• Love 18

I wish someone would tell these guys that their scripts need to have 2 less scenes than they usually do. Because every week, the pacing goes haywire sometime around minute 30 out of 42. It's crazy. They set up reasonably well, and then the payoff is super rushed.

It's basically bad sex, Arrow.

• Love 6

I'm disappointed we didn't get a scene between Thea and Sara after everything that happened with, you know, killing her, but it was nice that Thea was there with Laurel when they were all talking. And I liked seeing a bit of Sara's struggle. 

I also really liked the talk Oliver and Diggle had over drinks. My BROTP is back and looking good. I really love these quiet moments.

Aside from her talk with Felicity though which was really sweet and emotional, Mama Smoak's visit was a bit of a waste and ugh at SmoaknLance. I already know how 409 is gonna go. Laurel and Felicity are probably gonna be blindsided that their parents are dating or something. GROSS.

• Love 5

Oliver's campaign manager is a younger Maxwell Lord right?  Because holy crap he was really looking like a young Peter Facinell playing Maxwell Lord.

I love you!! I have spend the last two months since that casting came out trying to figure out who this damn actor reminds me off! holy shit!

• Love 1

I totally understood Felicity this episode. She's me when I'm being particularly neurotic about something. I tend to get snippy, lose sleep, and I tend to take out my frustrations on everyone. I get it. It doesn't mean that she loves Oliver less, but it just means that Felicity just had a lot going on plus with the added guilt of leaving Ray hanging like that and Donna coming into town and her abandonment issues (which have finally been broached, hope to see more of this) I'm glad the writers are fleshing out Felicity's character even further. 

Nothing happened and it's fairly obvious that this was a filler one. But there were a lot of strong character moments. 

I liked how they presented Oliver/Felicity in this episode. Their relationship drama was sort of made out of a molehill, but them handling bumps in the road is something I wanted to see for a while and I'm glad they came out of the other side stronger. 

The only negative thing is that I wish the payoff to all the issues they had in the beginning of the episode was better and not rushed. But I can't complain too much. 

Not to mention Diggle/Oliver bromantic moments?! I loved it!!!

• Love 24

Overall it was a good episode. The show didn't keep jumping around to random different storylines, all of them tied into the main story and were affected by it.

Felicity was the main focus and the writers actually gave her scenes letting us into what she was thinking, feeling, and letting her be a big part of saving Ray. What they did with her this episode is what they should've done with Laurel when she wanted to bring Sara back instead of pressing the fast forward button on it.

I was a bit disappointed that Oliver being captured was faked and that DD would fall for it.

Sara's mini storyline in the episode was quick but enjoyable, she thought she could fight the hunger inside but it appears she can't and now she gets to go off and find herself. Though it is weird to me that they seem to be handling her blood lust a little different from Theas. Thea has to be in the moment and basically work up to it whereas Sara just goes straight to it in a fight. Not to mention that Sara killed several bad guys when she was soulless so that should've quenched her thirst for a good while like it has Thea's who has only ever killed those two LoA guys. But maybe it is because Sara was gone for longer. Laurel/Saras goodbye was touching and sad.

I'm totally here for Quentin/Donna though. He needs a love interest and deserves to have some happiness sometime.

• Love 9

I guess that's what they mean by Sara just running into danger. She runs into bullets and while Laurel and Thea stood around staring at the last guy Sara just jumps and kills him. It does suck that no one understands that Sara feeling better after killing people is horrible for her. She doesn't want to kill and now she has to, to feel normal. I was hoping for more Sara's POV, but I'll just wait for LoT. 

Dinah still sucks. Her daughter coming back from the dead doesn't even warrant a visit, she makes Sara go to her. I kind of want to Sara to meet up with Star Labs crew when she's in Central City. I want to know what she thinks of them. 

I don't know if I really need Felicity's mother hooking up with Oliver's ex girlfriends father. 

• Love 4

He's writing: Try adding cumin.

If this had been last season, I would have guessed Oliver would be writing angsty, emo poetry, like the lyrics to Batman's song in The Lego Movie. This season? Dirty limericks? 

I didn't get to watch the episode yet - if I FF through Laurel's scenes, do I miss anything important? Want to know if I need to open a bottle of wine for this. It needs to breathe.

Edited by Menrva
  • Love 5

I'm disappointed that we got barely any Oliver and Sara interaction. 

I really wanted a bit more Sara / Thea myself.  We will probably get an Oliver / Sara moment if he is around for the LoT launch (and it looked like he and Barry were going to help Rip put the team together from that one trailer).

• Love 2

Why oh why have Felicity and Oliver not been together this whole time? They are perfect and adorable and make every second they are together brighter. 

The bickering between them about Donna during the mission, while Ollie is all dramatic and mission up, was adorable on every level. 

Quentin and Donna? Yeah, I can get behind that, but holy hell will Thanksgiving be awkward. 

Ray is alright. I really hated Ray last season, but when they dialed down his creepy stalker/asshole tendencies, he become decent enough. Although, cant lie, I spent all his scenes wishing I owned Antman.

• Love 10

Oh how could I forget, "Chatty Cathy" freaking loved that.

I also loved that Felicity gave Diggle his codename, "Spartan", I like it. I hope they keep it.

WHY DID YOU POST THIS

Misery loves company? Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 9

If this had been last season, I would have guessed Oliver would be writing angsty, emo poetry, like the lyrics to Batman's song in The Lego Movie. This season? Dirty limericks? 

I didn't get to watch the episode yet - if I FF through Laurel's scenes, do I miss anything important? Want to know if I need to open a bottle of wine for this. It needs to breathe.

It's a wonderful episode full of some of the best dialogue and character moments that we've gotten in lord knows how long.  Laurel didn't really get a chance to annoy and her last scene with Sara was nice.

It's funny that it didn't really even occur to me that nothing much happened this episode until I came here and read other people say that.  I love character moments so it's still one of the best I've seen in awhile as far as I'm concerned.

• Love 13

It's a wonderful episode full of some of the best dialogue and character moments that we've gotten in lord knows how long.  Laurel didn't really get a chance to annoy and her last scene with Sara was nice.

It's funny that it didn't really even occur to me that nothing much happened this episode until I came here and read other people say that.  I love character moments so it's still one of the best I've seen in awhile as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks! :)

Omg, between this and How to get away with murder it seems I'm threatening writers on twitter twice a week now.

Loved Sara, but I'm unhappy they swept her off the show so quickly, I think she's been to integral to just ship off. She at least deserved a goodbye similar to Roy.

I enjoyed the domestic squabble and the Felicity doubting the relationship. That felt so Damn real to me. Been there, girl.

Dig should rock a ski mask instead of the stolen helmet of robocop.

Love Thea. And honestly...we couldn't have had a Sara forgiving Thea moment. Wtf. Really show!?

Eta: also, I'm glad Ray is back. after being terrible Ray was funny and awesome and quippy. I love persnickety Ray.

Edited by Delphi
  • Love 4

Felicity: "Ray is…the size of a tater tot."

OMG TMI FELICITY. Don't talk about your ex-boyfriend like that! LMAO.

Side note though, I didn't hate Ray. IT'S A MIRACLE!

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 13

Re the chains, just because I liked the logic, he got out of them bc Digg, undercover, is the one who chained him up.  Sense was made!

Yeah, that was cool, but I meant when he vanished and only the chain was left. I loved that.

I totally understood Felicity this episode. She's me when I'm being particularly neurotic about something. I tend to get snippy, lose sleep, and I tend to take out my frustrations on everyone. I get it. 

Me too. I'm meaner than that when my blood sugar gets low. LOL.

Also, we know enough about Felicity to know that's aberrant behavior for her, which is why Oliver was so at a loss about it. Between the guilt and lack of sleep, it made sense to me why she was so snippy and bitchy. I didn't love it, but I also hate it when I get that way. Thankfully, the people closest to you are the ones who always understand and can get over it pretty quickly.

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 16