Type keyword(s) to search

Robyn Brown: She wanted the family, but got stuck with the man.

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, Mya said:

Is MSWC still an actual functioning business? I cannot figure out what is going on with it at all.

Me either. I just don't understand why they thought anyone other than diehard fans would buy stuff from them. Can't imagine it's very profitable. 

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Mya said:

Is MSWC still an actual functioning business? I cannot figure out what is going on with it at all.

Apparently, it is. This tweet and replies are very interesting, though (and pretty typical of the Browns). Note that I have not yet been blocked from seeing their MSWC twitter feed.

• Love 2

Strong

Confident

Kind

Honest

It's so funny that the values they tried to sell aren't genuinely within themselves. That's why the business failed. How do you sell a "Honest" charm when you've lived a lie for so long?

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Special packaging and notes?  A mail pouch and a receipt?  Bet that buyer would swoon over a smiley face on the envelope.

I think there's a lavender colored bag like you'd get at a greeting card shop.

• Love 2
(edited)
17 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Strong

Confident

Kind

Honest

It's so funny that the values they tried to sell aren't genuinely within themselves. That's why the business failed. How do you sell a "Honest" charm when you've lived a lie for so long?

So much this. No one is going to buy your product if you don't buy it yourself,  figuratively speaking. It's just like, "we're the plyg Brown wives from the tv show so, buy our trinkets."

Compare that with other celebs that have their own line of products. Even Jenni Farley from Jersey Shore does better than the Browns with her line of tanning lotion ('cause she lives and breathes tanning and bronzing). They're good products, too. I love Jennifer Lopez' clothing line and some of Britney Spears' scents. But the Browns? What interest do average consumers have in plyg trinkets?

And could you imagine what a Brown inspired perfume would smell like? "This scent teases the nose with notes of self-absorbedness and narcissism combined with deceitfulness. It finishes with notes of lingering catfish."

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 17
9 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

And could you imagine what a Brown inspired perfume would smell like? "This scent teases the nose with notes of self-absorbedness and narcissism combined with deceitfulness. It finishes with notes of lingering catfish."

HAHAHAHHAHA....

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Rainflower said:

Sucking up to the king and queen of the harem for Brownie points and maybe a bone from Kody.

I see what you did there.  :)

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Aww it's Kody and Robyn's anniversary. Meri is the only one in the family that has tweeted about it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MeriBrown1/status/866664732178104320?p=v

Meri is a much nicer person than I am.  Not that it's that hard.

She divorced Kody so he could marry The Dark Wife.  Because, you know, legal restructuring.  I tried to say it a different way, but I couldn't get the pronouns straight, which tells you how weird this situation is.  Yes, I know they are still spiritually married blah, blah blah.  

An happy anniversary tweet would be the last thing I would do.  EVER.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, toodles said:

An happy anniversary tweet would be the last thing I would do.  EVER.  

I dunno ... maybe I am just imagining it but I get a stealth bitch vibe from her tweet, lol.  

There is something about the way she says "Here's to a lifetime & eternity of happiness for the two of you!" that seems designed to remind them that there are a couple of other women hanging around in the background who are maybe not too happy.  

Like I said, I am probably just imagining it.  But I wouldn't put that kind of passive aggression past her.  

• Love 5

I am re-watching the episode "Polygamists in the Shark Tank" right now.  When I first watched it I wasn't paying much attention but watching it again it seems they did much better business in the beginning then I suspected.  Kody tells potential investors that in 2012 they had 10 products and made $45,000 and then in 2013 they added 60+ products and ended up making $180,000.  I was thinking they were selling a few trinkets here and there so the numbers really shocked me.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, lettsjetts said:

I am re-watching the episode "Polygamists in the Shark Tank" right now.  When I first watched it I wasn't paying much attention but watching it again it seems they did much better business in the beginning then I suspected.  Kody tells potential investors that in 2012 they had 10 products and made $45,000 and then in 2013 they added 60+ products and ended up making $180,000.  I was thinking they were selling a few trinkets here and there so the numbers really shocked me.

Pretty sure they were lying for the show, those "investors" were actors.

• Love 6

I seem to recall idiot Kody taking to twitter to say that the woman was not dressed modestly or something like that and I couldn't believe that he would diss a potential investor like that, so her being an actor makes sense.  Still though, it seems very bold to lie about their numbers in a public forum, but this is the Brown Family after all.....sheesh!     

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, lettsjetts said:

I seem to recall idiot Kody taking to twitter to say that the woman was not dressed modestly or something like that and I couldn't believe that he would diss a potential investor like that, so her being an actor makes sense.  Still though, it seems very bold to lie about their numbers in a public forum, but this is the Brown Family after all.....sheesh!     

Wow, he had one wife chasing after a "billionaire" and he was probably banging Robyn before marriage yet he has the nerve to speak about someone not dressing modest? I wonder what he thinks of his son's girlfriend. lol.

Also, the Browns are liars. Fake it till they make it. Those numbers are a lie. If those numbers were real, they would not have let the site nearly die off last year. It was hacked and had a virus for MONTHS. Not updated, etc. AND, if I remember correctly, the Browns were being snippy when customers complained about not getting their orders on time. If they were making $180,000, they could have hired help for the business. The jewelry business is barely hanging on. It is the same with Janelle (claiming to have a lot of subscribers, etc.).

I think the only person who might be earning a profit (and I do mean *might*) is Meri. And that is only because LLR is all the rage right now

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, Rainflower said:

Wow, he had one wife chasing after a "billionaire" and he was probably banging Robyn before marriage yet he has the nerve to speak about someone not dressing modest? I wonder what he thinks of his son's girlfriend. lol.

Also, the Browns are liars. Fake it till they make it. Those numbers are a lie. If those numbers were real, they would not have let the site nearly die off last year. It was hacked and had a virus for MONTHS. Not updated, etc. AND, if I remember correctly, the Browns were being snippy when customers complained about not getting their orders on time. If they were making $180,000, they could have hired help for the business. The jewelry business is barely hanging on. It is the same with Janelle (claiming to have a lot of subscribers, etc.).

I think the only person who might be earning a profit (and I do mean *might*) is Meri. And that is only because LLR is all the rage right now

Yes, and who knows how long LLR will last?  MLM marketing stuff seems to die down pretty quickly, or at least, no one makes a buttload of money off of it, anyway.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Yes, and who knows how long LLR will last?  MLM marketing stuff seems to die down pretty quickly, or at least, no one makes a buttload of money off of it, anyway.

Yep. Which is why I am saying "might". A lot of women have claimed they went into debt because of their participation in LLR. For some women, all they did was sale and put the money they had made right back into LLR by purchasing more clothes. So it is quite possible that Meri is in debt. Also, a lot of rules have changed with the company and those rules does not benefit the consultants. It will be interesting to see what happens to Meri and others like her if LLR decides to screw them over.

• Love 3

Still though, it seems very bold to lie about their numbers in a public forum, but this is the Brown Family after all.....sheesh!     

I don't think any one of them has any concept of what constitutes truth.  They make up "alternative facts" to fit any situation.  Need money?  Say you're broke (although that's probably true most of the time).  Trying to attract investors?  Lie about your wonderful successes.  Trying to sell polygamy?  Tell everyone how their lifestyle is fabulous and monogamists just don't know what they are missing.  They don't know any other MO.

• Love 3

And their definition of how much they "make" on selling their joolry is probably closer to their gross sales, not their net.  Deduct from those amounts the cost of having the products designed, manufactured, shipped to them, and then shipped off to customers, they were probably lucky to break even.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, lettsjetts said:

That's one of my favorite episodes.  The "investors" smackdown tickled me no end.  In one of "investor" episodes the guy telling kody  they did a piss poor job with their presentation was awesome.  Then Christine telling the group to not give them too much money because they would get lazy?  More awesomeness.  The cherry on the cake was the crying all through their presentation because of their passion and the wtf look on the "investor's" faces.  Pure Brown gold.

• Love 4

Well you piqued my interest so I'm watching the Shark Tank episode now.  It's so obvious that neither Janelle nor Meri want to be on that couch.  And didn't Janelle say that they'd be making $10million in 3 years from the site?

• Love 3
(edited)
9 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Well you piqued my interest so I'm watching the Shark Tank episode now.  It's so obvious that neither Janelle nor Meri want to be on that couch.  And didn't Janelle say that they'd be making $10million in 3 years from the site?

Something like that.  I think there are two episodes.  The first one the Browns meet up with their "friend" Stan to ask him to hand over a buttload of cash from his "investor" company.  They had nothing prepared.  BFF Stan basically said they wasted his time and it hurt their feelings.

Next episode they met with the investors and it was an epic fail.  It's pretty funny.   

If you have some time to kill, it's classic Brown clowns at their finest.

After you watch, post your thoughts.  I'm interested to hear what you think.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

After the meeting with the investors,  Janelle said , "We looked stupid." Yup!

Stupid is as stupid does x 10 where the browns are concerned.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, toodles said:

Something like that.  I think there are two episodes.  The first one the Browns meet up with their "friend" Stan to ask him to hand over a buttload of cash from his "investor" company.  They had nothing prepared.  BFF Stan basically said they wasted his time and it hurt their feelings.

Next episode they met with the investors and it was an epic fail.  It's pretty funny.   

If you have some time to kill, it's classic Brown clowns at their finest.

After you watch, post your thoughts.  I'm interested to hear what you think.

I had watched it when it first aired but yeah, you're right.  and it's clearly all just an act.  They can use whatever numbers they like, who's going to check?  And Janelle saying $10 million by 2017.  yyyyyeeeeeupppp.

Watching Ep 1 S 1 right now.  WOW.

• Love 4

Boosts your immune system & makes you feel like life is ok!

"Makes you feel like life is ok!" and CRINGE. That sales pitch looks like something I would hear on a commercial for anti-depression medication.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, Rainflower said:

Makes you feel like life is ok!

I hope it comes in a 50 gallon drum because their lives are for shit.  It will take a whole lot of this scam juice to make their lives "OK".

• Love 5