Type keyword(s) to search

Robyn Brown: She wanted the family, but got stuck with the man.

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

But, if one does not want to have their behavior put on display for the world to see, then perhaps one ought to avoid doing anything that would lead to getting arrested and thrown in jail. 

And if there were no association with the Browns, would this ever be known?

3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

And if there were no association with the Browns, would this ever be known?

Probably not, but how is that the their fault? I'm sure this was dug up by someone looking to spread some gossip. The same as anything reported about anyone who has anything to do with the Browns. It's not their fault the guy got himself arrested.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Gothish520 said:

Probably not, but how is that the their fault?

Robyn has made such a big deal about how horrible this guy is and even had that portrait from hell made to erase him from the kid's life. TLC has built several story lines around his alleged bad behavior. To be honest, most folks on this forum have chalked it up to creating drama for the show or having to create a story line to cover for Kody dumping Meri and marrying Robyn on the sly. We have also been a bit curious about what he looks like, just because! I think we have been kind of pulling for the guy because the Brown's have vilified him and we are curious about the circumstances of this arrest. It is what it is, though and hopefully the charge gets resolved to the satisfaction of everyone involved.

• Love 11
43 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

Robyn has made such a big deal about how horrible this guy is and even had that portrait from hell made to erase him from the kid's life. TLC has built several story lines around his alleged bad behavior. To be honest, most folks on this forum have chalked it up to creating drama for the show or having to create a story line to cover for Kody dumping Meri and marrying Robyn on the sly. We have also been a bit curious about what he looks like, just because! I think we have been kind of pulling for the guy because the Brown's have vilified him and we are curious about the circumstances of this arrest. It is what it is, though and hopefully the charge gets resolved to the satisfaction of everyone involved.

Robyn pulled out her best acting chops when she staged that little scene in front of the whole family, including kids, dramatically flinging some object to the floor, representing her stolen virtue.

Then she went on to marry him, have 3 children and for someone's benefit, racked up a $2000. Victoria's Secret bill.  When the kid's returned from their visit with him immediately after the adoption, they said they had an AMAZING time.  If he was such a monster, why would she permit her children to have a 2 week visit with him, when she and Kody had full legal custody.

Whatever the circumstance of his arrest, I can't help but feel for the guy, he's still innocent until proven guilty and we will probably never know how this all came about.

• Love 13
10 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Robyn pulled out her best acting chops when she staged that little scene in front of the whole family, including kids, dramatically flinging some object to the floor, representing her stolen virtue.

Then she went on to marry him, have 3 children and for someone's benefit, racked up a $2000. Victoria's Secret bill. 

From what I've seen online, the VS bill was more like $1,000.  Girl needed to buy her pajama bottoms there because of her l-o-n-g legs.  Yeah, right.  I think that VS is where she bought her lacy "cookie containers."

• Love 11
On 4/13/2018 at 8:44 PM, DakotaJustice said:

I'm not versed on the statutes or what they include, but I don't think one can take this single instance and extrapolate it to mean that he's this terrible awful person that Robyn escaped.  But I guess that's what's going to happen, although it seems to me that his kids enjoyed spending a few weeks with him after the faux adoption.  I kind of feel bad for him because he's always done his best to stay out of the spotlight and now it's going to be a huge deal.

Having worked in the business of bad guys, it's hard to speculate when there aren't more details, but people like this often display abusive patterns of behavior long before they're ever arrested. It's like the driver who has driven drunk 80 times before they're stopped and arrested (the actual average). Guess we'll find out later on what goes down with the charge against him. 

This can't be fun for Robyn, either. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Sandy W said:

When the kid's returned from their visit with him immediately after the adoption, they said they had an AMAZING time.  If he was such a monster, why would she permit her children to have a 2 week visit with him, when she and Kody had full legal custody.

Whatever the circumstance of his arrest, I can't help but feel for the guy, he's still innocent until proven guilty and we will probably never know how this all came about.

Again, the guy doesn't have to be a monster to be a jerk. It's nice that the kids have tried to maintain a relationship with him, but that doesn't mean he's Mr. Wonderful. I think it's funny how people are poo-pooing "a few nights in jail" like that's nothing. 

38 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Having worked in the business of bad guys, it's hard to speculate when there aren't more details, but people like this often display abusive patterns of behavior long before they're ever arrested. It's like the driver who has driven drunk 80 times before they're stopped and arrested (the actual average). Guess we'll find out later on what goes down with the charge against him. 

This can't be fun for Robyn, either. 

Exactly. He's a grown man who obviously did something on the wrong side of the law. I'm not going waste any time feeling sorry for him.

• Love 7
18 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

But, if one does not want to have their behavior put on display for the world to see, then perhaps one ought to avoid doing anything that would lead to getting arrested and thrown in jail. 

From a another thread:  …these are all flawed, imperfect human beings, just like the rest of us. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

From a another thread:  …these are all flawed, imperfect human beings, just like the rest of us. 

Haha, @Kohola3! Can't get anything past you - I love it! But I do stand by that statement - there's flawed on the right side of the law, and flawed on the wrong side. Some flaws are more egregious than others.

Here's the deal: Robyn has bad-mouthed her ex. Not the first person to do so, certainly won't be the last. And it makes me laugh that some people hate the Browns so much that pretty much anything they do is denigrated, whether good, bad, or indifferent.  There could be a story about Robyn and Kody rescuing children from a fire and there would be those who'd find some way to mock them. Even poor Janelle can't post pictures of veggies without people criticizing their color, freshness, and how she prepares them. If I were her, I'd start posting pictures of pepperoni pizza and mugs of beer just to mess with folks.

But I digress. Like I said, Robyn bad-mouths the ex, so of course the ex must be a good guy, right? Because everything Robyn does and says is wrong and bad. So said ex gets arrested and thrown in jail, and still people think he must be an ok guy, because he's Robyn's ex. And she had the nerve to say something bad about him. 

Just calling them likes I sees them.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

Because everything Robyn does and says is wrong and bad.

Because so much of what Robyn has said about her ex is ridiculous. He stole her "cookie". She got pregnant and married him when she didn't even like him. She continued to have children by a man she didn't like. The convoluted debt story. The picture. It's hard to believe all she says when the stories are so wild. Plus there have been relatives of David's that have posted about their marriage on the Sister Wive's Blog back in the early days of the show who said Robyn was a real piece of work in the marriage (and after seeing her Twitter meltdown, that is believable). That being said, they have also stated that David Preston did have some anger issues too and both were to blame for the problems during their marriage. I am certainly not saying that he gets to skate for being arrested and Robyn is now correct in her judgement of David Preston, just that there is a middle ground to all of this. His case will get resolved and hopefully TLC and the Browns won't use it as another tiger attack on Jessop to up their ratings.

• Love 12
56 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

Because so much of what Robyn has said about her ex is ridiculous.

And then there's the creepy "it should have always been like this" picture that makes him a non-entity. I can only imagine what those kids think of that especially if there are existing pictures of them as youngsters with their real dad.  Not cool.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

And then there's the creepy "it should have always been like this" picture that makes him a non-entity. I can only imagine what those kids think of that especially if there are existing pictures of them as youngsters with their real dad.  Not cool.

Oh my, that picture was indeed creepy!

• Love 4

I cannot imagine trying to rewrite history with drawing in the stepfather.  After the "adoption" which may or may not have been staged for TLC, the three kids were sent to stay with bio-dad, and Aurora came back and said the experience was "amazing."  I'm sure Doofus and bio-mama didn't want to hear that shit...but then, why were they so willing to let the kids make the trip, if they were so worried that bio-dad wasn't fit for a visitation?  

Yes, that picture drawing with Doofus that Robyn had made was ridiculous, and then some.  To have three children with some guy that "stole my purity?"  Huh?  I remember Robyn calling bio-dad "this kid" or some such disparaging term, when giving that presentation to the Brownlings.  So Jessop was good enough to marry and go on to have more kids with?  I don't get that.

• Love 6
52 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

So Jessop was good enough to marry and go on to have more kids with?  I don't get that.

Oh my, women make bad decisions regarding men every damn day! My neighbor's girlfriend was married to and had two children with a man she can barely tolerate being in the same room with now. My cousin can't even believe she married husbands numbers one and three. Her three children were with husband  number two, who is marginally more tolerable than the others. 

We women are experts at convincing ourselves that the toad in front of us is really a prince.

• Love 12
8 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

Because so much of what Robyn has said about her ex is ridiculous. He stole her "cookie". 

This yes. Its less about believing David as some great guy but more having to believe Robyn who is rarely truthful when it comes to anything and told us ridiculous stories. Pretty much all her stories are ridiculous. No heat or food! But she ran up her 1000 VS debt. Oh, but that was because she needed pants. She has long legs you know. Apparently VS sales one pair of pants in her size for 1000. David stole her cookie and is a rotten horrible father. Weeks or months (or maybe it just felt like months) of tales of David is a horrible father. But its totally cool letting her kids spend a week or so with him with no worry what so ever. They even had a great time!               

7 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

That was so creepy. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

Oh my, women make bad decisions regarding men every damn day! My neighbor's girlfriend was married to and had two children with a man she can barely tolerate being in the same room with now. My cousin can't even believe she married husbands numbers one and three. Her three children were with husband  number two, who is marginally more tolerable than the others. 

We women are experts at convincing ourselves that the toad in front of us is really a prince.

True and very few later get a reality TV show where they get to pick how to describe their ex. 

Edited by andromeda331
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

This yes. Its less about believing David as some great guy but more having to believe Robyn who is rarely truthful when it comes to anything and told us ridiculous stories. Pretty much all her stories are ridiculous. No heat or food! But she ran up her 1000 VS debt. Oh, but that was because she needed pants. She has long legs you know. Apparently VS sales one pair of pants in her size for 1000. David stole her cookie and is a rotten horrible father. Weeks or months (or maybe it just felt like months) of tales of David is a horrible father. But its totally cool letting her kids spend a week or so with him with no worry what so ever. They even had a great time!               

That was so creepy. 

Did Robyn actually use the words "rotten" and "horrible" to describe him?

19 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

Haha, @Kohola3! Can't get anything past you - I love it! But I do stand by that statement - there's flawed on the right side of the law, and flawed on the wrong side. Some flaws are more egregious than others.

Here's the deal: Robyn has bad-mouthed her ex. Not the first person to do so, certainly won't be the last. And it makes me laugh that some people hate the Browns so much that pretty much anything they do is denigrated, whether good, bad, or indifferent.  There could be a story about Robyn and Kody rescuing children from a fire and there would be those who'd find some way to mock them. Even poor Janelle can't post pictures of veggies without people criticizing their color, freshness, and how she prepares them. If I were her, I'd start posting pictures of pepperoni pizza and mugs of beer just to mess with folks.

But I digress. Like I said, Robyn bad-mouths the ex, so of course the ex must be a good guy, right? Because everything Robyn does and says is wrong and bad. So said ex gets arrested and thrown in jail, and still people think he must be an ok guy, because he's Robyn's ex. And she had the nerve to say something bad about him. 

Just calling them likes I sees them.

I haven't watched the show avidly enough to know what Robyn said to badmouth her ex...but my issue with it would be that she felt it was appropriate to publicly badmouth the father of her children (a father they seem to love and enjoy being with).

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, Phronsie said:

...but my issue with it would be that she felt it was appropriate to publicly badmouth the father of her children (a father they seem to love and enjoy being with).

And in front of her children and in front of a large  viewing audience.  And actually erase him from their younger lives with that distasteful and ludicrous picture.  I wonder if she burned all of the photographs of him as well.  Great parenting there, Sobyn.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

I see your point.  I had low self-esteem growing up, and I still believe(d) that I deserve(d) a good guy.  

I still think bad-mouthing one's ex in front of his/her kids is wrong, and Robyn did it on TV.

3 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

And in front of her children and in front of a large  viewing audience.  And actually erase him from their younger lives with that distasteful and ludicrous picture.  I wonder if she burned all of the photographs of him as well.  Great parenting there, Sobyn.

Yes 1000X!  

• Love 10

I remember when she was pregnant with Sol and they were setting up a nursery for him at the McMansion.  She told Kody that she had never had a crib for her kids before.  

Well, that's sad . . . but we should all be compassionate because the higher priority was her $1,000 worth of long-legged pajama bottoms from Victoria's Secret.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I remember when she was pregnant with Sol and they were setting up a nursery for him at the McMansion.  She told Kody that she had never had a crib for her kids before.  

Well, that's sad . . . but we should all be compassionate because the higher priority was her $1,000 worth of long-legged pajama bottoms from Victoria's Secret.

2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I still think bad-mouthing one's ex in front of his/her kids is wrong, and Robyn did it on TV.

2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I agree 100% that parents should never badmouth each other in front of the kids unless it is known that the person is truly horrible. It happens all the time though, very unfortunately. My family and I have taken great pains to not say the things we really want to say about my brother's ex in front of my niece and nephew, even now when they are both adults. But kids aren't stupid, and they usually can see what the true situation is in most cases.

As for the crib comment, I don't recall the scene, but maybe she was just saying it in a matter-of-fact way, not as a ploy for sympathy? And the VS stuff could have come after the kids were older and no longer needed a crib. I'm going to admit that I'm quite proficient at retail therapy. It's comforting. 

Just trying to present a balanced view. But the picture and the virginity speech were definitely cringeworthy.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

As for the crib comment, I don't recall the scene, but maybe she was just saying it in a matter-of-fact way, not as a ploy for sympathy? And the VS stuff could have come after the kids were older and no longer needed a crib. I'm going to admit that I'm quite proficient at retail therapy. It's comforting. 

The way I remember it . . . As they were setting up the crib for Solomon, Sobbin' Robyn looked soulfully into Grody's eyes and said, "I've never had a crib for my kids before."  He, of course, took her in his arms to comfort her.  I gagged.

And I'm all for retail therapy . . . if one can afford it.  To have a $1,000 bill at Victoria's Secret when you are overwhelmed by tens of thousands of dollars in debt to Sears, Target, etc. . . . it's a pure sign of poor choices.  Like "marrying" a guy who already has 3 wives and a lot of kids to support.  Oh, and every one of the three wives and Grody have already declared bankruptcy once.  Birds of a feather flock together.

• Love 14
23 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

The way I remember it . . . As they were setting up the crib for Solomon, Sobbin' Robyn looked soulfully into Grody's eyes and said, "I've never had a crib for my kids before."  He, of course, took her in his arms to comfort her.  I gagged.

And I'm all for retail therapy . . . if one can afford it.  To have a $1,000 bill at Victoria's Secret when you are overwhelmed by tens of thousands of dollars in debt to Sears, Target, etc. . . . it's a pure sign of poor choices.  Like "marrying" a guy who already has 3 wives and a lot of kids to support.  Oh, and every one of the three wives and Grody have already declared bankruptcy once.  Birds of a feather flock together.

Whoa, $32,000 is a lot of retail therapy! Hopefully some of that was for the kids and the house. They really lived in an old mobile home? Not that there's anything necessarily wrong with that - many mobile homes are really nice. Somehow I missed all this when it was first revealed, except for the VS debt.

• Love 1

I have often wondered if Robyn would have been so eager to marry the Brown family if they had not already landed a contract to "perform" on TLC.

Before TLC, there were 13 Brown kids and 4 adults, Robyn entering the fold would have increased the numbers to 16 kids and 5 adults.  Before TLC, Kody was employed as a travelling sign salesperson, Janelle had a government job and Meri was employed intermittently, they also had their other MLM scheme, LIV Water going at the same time.  I believe Kody won the Lexus convertible as a performance award, so he must have had some degree of success as a salesperson, but doubt that the income generated collectively would have been enough to sustain 21 people.

The Lehi home had a mortgage and not enough room to accommodate Robyn and her brood, necessitating a rental property for them, they were also maintaining at least 3 cars at the time. 

I have read that Christine was on food stamps right up to the start of the program, this does not seem like a good scenario to enter, so I have to question whether the romance with Kody was motivated by true love or true lust for a better life, courtesy of TLC.

• Love 7

Whoa, $32,000 is a lot of retail therapy! Hopefully some of that was for the kids and the house. They really lived in an old mobile home? Not that there's anything necessarily wrong with that - many mobile homes are really nice. Somehow I missed all this when it was first revealed, except for the VS debt.

I live in a double-wide that was built in the 80s.  Yep.  It's nice.  

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

My uncle lived in one for a while too, my mom and I used to go over and help with cleaning. It was really nice and suited him perfectly.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

They really lived in an old mobile home? Not that there's anything necessarily wrong with that - many mobile homes are really nice.

This is why I say we can't really trust how Robyn portrays her past. She THs, with tears and that upside down frown, that she lived in an old mobile home that had no heat and no cribs for her poor babies. In reality it could have been an older manufactured/mobile home (perfectly fine) that relied on a wood-burning stove (the norm for Montana, rather than central heat) and she co-slept with her babies. And she most certainly played the crib scene for sympathy, as well as discussing how she took on all the debt after the divorce because she is such a wonderful person; her explanation was very convoluted and never made any sense.

I know we are now discussing these scenes years after they happened but at the time they aired, I remember the reaction we all had and the discussions both on TWoP and Sister Wives Blog (including input from folks who know Robyn and David). The general sense was Robyn was BSC and was inaccurately portraying her former life. Relatives said David Preston didn't want anything to do with the media, lived off the grid and didn't care to correct any misconceptions. So we spent a lot of time just wondering what the hell was really up with those two!

I have lived in manufactured homes for 25 years. I always strip out the factory installs and put in upgrades of my own and paint, install molding, wainscotting, ceiling applications, window dressings, etc. Same with outside. You can't tell its a manufactured home. The factory even photographs my home to show customers what you can do to fancy one up. I love them!

• Love 12
19 minutes ago, lma said:

Probably no to the first statement. Probably the latter of the second statement.

Look, I don’t care for Robyn much based on the picture she has presented. I think, as someone had mentioned before, she knows how to say what people want to hear. The Browns are a gullible bunch, so she has played them like a fiddle. I’m not saying I think she’s all bad; I just don’t think she’s very authentic. 

For AUB circles, she wasn’t bad looking. Probably didn’t take much to turn Kody’s head. I think she’s sneaky and Kody does whatever she says or wants. 

Like I said, I don’t know if her ex is as bad as she claims. He’s certainly no choir boy, that is for certain. But a woman who had been a monogamist all of her married life who suddenly marries a man with three wives, eleventy billion children, a whole lot of debt BUT a proposed reality show is no angel in my book.

Good points, from everyone. I do think Robyn was swept off her feet by Kody, or by the idea of Kody and the family - compared to the life she was living before, marrying a cute, charming man with personality to spare and built-in "best friends"  probably sounded like heaven to her. I'm sure he painted a rosy picture, and I'm sure those TLC dollars sweetened the pot. 

I believe Robyn is smart and crafty and has looked out for herself and her children, which I can't really fault. I also believe that she really wishes she had a better relationship with the other wives. I like that she and Christine get along so well now, but who knows how much time they get to spend together IRL. All I can say is, even with all the live-in help these ladies have. their lives look exhausting to me! No thanks!

6 minutes ago, Absolom said:

What is BSC?  I'm not figuring that one out.  Thanks.

Bat Shyte Crazy I think!

• Love 3
On 4/15/2018 at 5:45 PM, Gothish520 said:

Probably not, but how is that the their fault? I'm sure this was dug up by someone looking to spread some gossip. The same as anything reported about anyone who has anything to do with the Browns. It's not their fault the guy got himself arrested.

I do think he may be a bit unfairly characterized by Robyn, maybe.  Since he isn't saying jack I think she should do the same.  He is still the birth father of those kids and hasn't been removed by a court of law so I take a bit of what she says re him with a grain of salt.  He may be a jerk, she may be right about him but he isn't bad enough to go to court to remove his ability to see his kids.  If that happened we would have heard about it.  I also don't like to automatically think because he has been arrested he is a skeeze. 

On 4/17/2018 at 10:15 AM, AZChristian said:

I live in one now.  Of course its Santa Barbara so the rent is expensive but its nice, has a huge amount of storage, and is cheaper than an apt 1/2 its size.  Our community is a hidden gem in Santa Barbara.

• Love 5
On 4/16/2018 at 9:06 AM, Gothish520 said:

Again, the guy doesn't have to be a monster to be a jerk. It's nice that the kids have tried to maintain a relationship with him, but that doesn't mean he's Mr. Wonderful. I think it's funny how people are poo-pooing "a few nights in jail" like that's nothing. 

Exactly. He's a grown man who obviously did something on the wrong side of the law. I'm not going waste any time feeling sorry for him.

I would want to know why he was in jail before I would decide if he were worthy of contempt.  People do stupid stuff when they are younger.  I know from personal experience (arrested with a friend who was shoplifting even though I wasn't and another time in Mexico at a party that the police broke up and threw everyone in jail).  I have a record as a minor in this country and I don't know what happens in Mexico when you are arrested.  It cost us 10 min with the judge and $50.  I would like to think I am a different person than I was 30+ years ago.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Natalie68 said:

I would want to know why he was in jail before I would decide if he were worthy of contempt.  People do stupid stuff when they are younger.  I know from personal experience (arrested with a friend who was shoplifting even though I wasn't and another time in Mexico at a party that the police broke up and threw everyone in jail).  I have a record as a minor in this country and I don't know what happens in Mexico when you are arrested.  It cost us 10 min with the judge and $50.  I would like to think I am a different person than I was 30+ years ago.

I believe this just happened in January, and the charge was Partner or Family Assault.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Well that may change things a bit!

It does lend some credence to what Robyn has said about him. But of course, that doesn't mean that Robyn has always conducted herself appropriately, or chosen wisely with regard to her comments about him, as others here have rightly pointed out. Only they know the whole truth, and it is probably somewhere in the middle.

• Love 2

It does lend some credence to what Robyn has said about him. But of course, that doesn't mean that Robyn has always conducted herself appropriately, or chosen wisely with regard to her comments about him, as others here have rightly pointed out. Only they know the whole truth, and it is probably somewhere in the middle.

I think they both probably acted like jackasses and sadly there were children involved.  Of the 3 wives it sounds like she is a better communicator and keeps a more level head than the others (Kody et al) but she may not have always been that way.  I think she is opportunistic and I think many of her stories are either full of poop or greatly enhanced for drama but since I don't have to live with any of them I am not that concerned.  

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

It would be interesting to hear his side about Robyn, but of course, we won't.  If he's an off-the-grid type, he probably keeps a low profile.

He may be remarried?  We never heard that, did we?  

Fair enough to say he and Robyn probably share blame, to what degree, we can only guess.   You're right that only the two of them really know what went wrong.

• Love 2

Aging and pregnancy can take a toll, no question, and healthy goals are great.  But I have to chuckle just a bit when I remember back to when new, thinnest wife Robyn insisted that she didn't like to eat and had to make herself do it.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Aging and pregnancy can take a toll, no question, and healthy goals are great.  But I have to chuckle just a bit when I remember back to when new, thinnest wife Robyn insisted that she didn't like to eat and had to make herself do it.

Or how about "Kody likes curvy girls?" ??

• Love 2