Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

38 minutes ago, Teri313 said:

I think it's a little inappropriate that they included "Daughter is Meri Brown, from TLC's program- "Sister Wives"" at the bottom. I'm sure her siblings were like, huh?

That was added on the site you linked. It does not appear in the actual obituary.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 1
  • Useful 4
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Thanks.  So, it appears that Meri does have family that she could be with if she and Kody divorce…..Even if some are not related by blood.  

I find many families are splintered, so I'm wondering if Meri is close with any of them or they even like each other.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Yeah…Meri has a certain unique way about her.  Recall when she used to talk about how her friends just loved her, but her sister wives could barely tolerate her.  Eventually, Kody called her out and said she was mean and selfish…..I’m paraphrasing…I can’t recall his exact words, but that’s the gist of it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Thanks.  So, it appears that Meri does have family that she could be with if she and Kody divorce…..Even if some are not related by blood.  

Just because she has biological family does not  mean they will be there for her in any way.

• Like 1
  • Love 8
20 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yeah…Meri has a certain unique way about her.  Recall when she used to talk about how her friends just loved her, but her sister wives could barely tolerate her.  Eventually, Kody called her out and said she was mean and selfish…..I’m paraphrasing…I can’t recall his exact words, but that’s the gist of it. 

Meri likely has no idea that its her. If she treats her friends nicely, they probably will like her. But she hasn't mended fences with her sister wives for all the times she was mean and selfish - so yea, they don't like you.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Just because she has biological family does not  mean they will be there for her in any way.

That’s true.  I guess everyone isn’t that way.  My family is very family oriented, so it means a lot.  I guess there may be people in her family who don’t get along with her.  Still, at the holidays I hate to know some sit at home alone because they have no family to be with and their friends are out of town or celebrating with their own families.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

While I don't doubt that Meri has been very mean and selfish at times it's ironic that we would take Kody's assessment as the truth. The entire family painted Meri as the problematic, miserable, toxic person responsible for their family woes. 

But with Meri alienated and essentially gone, the family problems continued, deepened and the narratives even shifted. How does Kody now characterize Christine? Ohhhh Christine's been the one who's been mean to other wives "for years" and she's been the jealous, petty princess who deliberately painted him as a devil. 

Point being, this family has been undercutting and sabotaging each other since day one. I don't take anything they say about each other as any truth. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15
39 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

While I don't doubt that Meri has been very mean and selfish at times it's ironic that we would take Kody's assessment as the truth. The entire family painted Meri as the problematic, miserable, toxic person responsible for their family woes. 

But with Meri alienated and essentially gone, the family problems continued, deepened and the narratives even shifted. How does Kody now characterize Christine? Ohhhh Christine's been the one who's been mean to other wives "for years" and she's been the jealous, petty princess who deliberately painted him as a devil. 

Point being, this family has been undercutting and sabotaging each other since day one. I don't take anything they say about each other as any truth. 

Wow, this is all excellent.

I suppose we have been taking Kody's word about Meri up to this point, and now we see that's lying about and gaslighting Christine, so it's reasonable to wonder if he's been honest about Meri as well.

• Like 5
  • Useful 3
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

👏🏻👏🏻 you put that so politely. 

I think Meri was devastated with her fertility problems and that is partially why she's such a cold person. You've got Janelle and Christine popping out kids right and left and just one for Meri. It's not an excuse, but it's part of her history.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, BAForever said:

I think Meri was devastated with her fertility problems and that is partially why she's such a cold person. You've got Janelle and Christine popping out kids right and left and just one for Meri. It's not an excuse, but it's part of her history.

This. Plus she was the first wife, in love with Kody, and didn't even have the first of Kody's children.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3

We've all been wishing Meri would up and leave for years, but you know, we really should be wishing she stays AND STARTS DATING. If it was going to be fine for Christine to do that, it should be fine for Meri too. And despite having supposedly no interest in her, I would honestly love to see Kody go further crazy should she take a lover but still be "in the fambly." Find yourself a new banana, Meri!

• Applause 9
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, taragel said:

We've all been wishing Meri would up and leave for years, but you know, we really should be wishing she stays AND STARTS DATING. If it was going to be fine for Christine to do that, it should be fine for Meri too. And despite having supposedly no interest in her, I would honestly love to see Kody go further crazy should she take a lover but still be "in the fambly." Find yourself a new banana, Meri!

It’ll take a brave man to put up with her bossiness and walls. 

I can’t believe Jenn is her friend given how much Meri cuts her off and walks all over her in the Friday with Friends videos. A few months ago I became angry because Jenn was saying something interesting and Meri barrelled right over her mind-sentence. Jenn never got to finish her story because Meri used her Jake Brake voice to verbally throw her aside as if her words meant nothing. 

Edited by TurtlePower
Autocorrect was wrong as usual.
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Sedona said:

Interesting how Meri's mom has a degree but Meri never seemed to work a professional job. 

Meri used to work with at-risk youth but the show reportedly caused her to lose that job. I remember it was discussed in one of the very early episodes. 

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Meri used to work with at-risk youth but the show reportedly caused her to lose that job. I remember it was discussed in one of the very early episodes. 

Working with at risk youth could have involved something as basic as clerical work in a facility.  

As I recall, during the Sam saga, she was allegedly studying to attain qualifications to enable her to perhaps counsel these kids.  It seems she completed one or two courses and then that concept drifted away into never-never land.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • Love 1

Meri doesn't need a big house but she has insisted from their move to Las Vegas that she shouldn't be penalized because she only had one child while Christine and Janelle each had 6. If they had big houses, she needed one of equal size. It made no sense then and less now that Leon is on their own and Meri isn't even there much.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

Meri is totally petty but IMO, she would have been screwed if she didn't fight for equal assets all these years.

As far as the big house now, I think its a waste of money, but I think she pays for it with her own funds.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 10/31/2022 at 11:29 PM, the-grey-lady said:

Wow, this is all excellent.

I suppose we have been taking Kody's word about Meri up to this point, and now we see that's lying about and gaslighting Christine, so it's reasonable to wonder if he's been honest about Meri as well.

But the difference to me is that a lot of the adult kids don’t like Meri and think she was a nasty bitch to them while those same kids absolutely adore Christine and love being around her so we really don’t need to listen to Kody’s opinion at all to figure out who was the loving, kind hearted “mom” and who wasn’t.

• Applause 1
  • Love 13
36 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

But the difference to me is that a lot of the adult kids don’t like Meri and think she was a nasty bitch to them while those same kids absolutely adore Christine and love being around her so we really don’t need to listen to Kody’s opinion at all to figure out who was the loving, kind hearted “mom” and who wasn’t.

100% agree. It's obvious the kids are attached to Christine more than to Meri, and I think we can safely guess (at least part of) why. I just think we may not be getting the full story about Meri.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

Again, I think Meri is a bitch ...

Meri was like the bad cop to Christine's good cop. Meri was like the, wait til your (dad) Meri gets home. I'm sure Christine was more than happy to be the softer more nurturing parent and likely set Meri up more than a few times. With that said, I believe Meri corrected the kids in harsh ways, without a lot of reason or discussion, and that is 100% on Meri.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

100% agree. It's obvious the kids are attached to Christine more than to Meri, and I think we can safely guess (at least part of) why. I just think we may not be getting the full story about Meri.

I suspect Meri has always been negative, moody, glum and grumpy. That kind of impression lasts and it’s just who she is.

The happy, confident LuLaRoe persona she presents is fake. Behind the scenes, I’d bet my entire jeans collection that she’s a raging grouch. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

I think she was probably much harder on her non-bio kids because they weren't hers, and they were a constant reminder that she only had Leon.  Had Meri been a different type of person...say, a person who has a rudimentary understanding that life is not always "fair," she could've used her time to form strong bonds with her bonus kids and she wouldn't be alone now.  But also, her faith told her that the more kids she birthed the better, so in that respect I can understand her frustration but she still shouldn't have taken it out on the kids, and the other adults in this family shouldn't have let her get away with it.

Oh well, she's got Blair Michael and Disneyland.  And sometimes Just Jen.  That's about it.

• Applause 1
  • Love 5

Robyn begs Meri, to stay. But this makes no sense to me. She a sister wife in name only and she has one adult child+1 who doesn't live in the area. What benefit does Robyn, and her kids really, get from having Meri stick around?

Is Robyn afraid if Meri leaves, the cameras leave and then the money leaves? Is Robyn just talking out of both sides of her mouth?

And why do they all think if the OG 3 leave Kody no one will ever see each other again? If they still want to gather as a family they can.

• Like 5
  • Love 5
50 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Robyn begs Meri, to stay. But this makes no sense to me. She a sister wife in name only and she has one adult child+1 who doesn't live in the area. What benefit does Robyn, and her kids really, get from having Meri stick around?

Is Robyn afraid if Meri leaves, the cameras leave and then the money leaves? Is Robyn just talking out of both sides of her mouth?

And why do they all think if the OG 3 leave Kody no one will ever see each other again? If they still want to gather as a family they can.

If Meri leaves all of Robyn’s fun and gloating is gone with her.

Robyn loved it that she was Kodys princess and the others were vying for a fraction of the attention that she was showered with for doing nothing absolutely nothing, not even raising her own kids.

Robyn loved that Christine was jealous of her and she loves that Meri wishes she had what Robyn has…. If Meri leaves there won’t be anyone jealous of her anymore because that’s not how Janelle rolls… Janelle doesn’t need romance from Kody and she isn’t jealous of Robyn,, that’s no fun!

• Like 4
  • Applause 5
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

If Meri leaves all of Robyn’s fun and gloating is gone with her.

Robyn loved it that she was Kodys princess and the others were vying for a fraction of the attention that she was showered with for doing nothing absolutely nothing, not even raising her own kids.

Robyn loved that Christine was jealous of her and she loves that Meri wishes she had what Robyn has…. If Meri leaves there won’t be anyone jealous of her anymore because that’s not how Janelle rolls… Janelle doesn’t need romance from Kody and she isn’t jealous of Robyn,, that’s no fun!

This. Robyn can’t remain HBIC if Meri leaves (because Janelle’s kinda checked out of the relationship so I’m not really counting her). Willing to bet Meri is more than happy to babysit their spawn when they have romantic getaways to Phönix or Sedona or a cowboy bar. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

It's been almost two weeks since Meri's deadline to submit applications for Lizzie's Heritage Inn Retreat for the low, low price of $6,000 (not including transportation)!  I am so excited to find out which one of us passed Meri's multitude of tests and gets to go!  Remember to take lots of filtered pictures!  Hope you don't get the haunted room, LOL!

• Like 1
  • LOL 17
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, dariafan said:

I wonder with the housing market being what it is/ was during filming of season 17, if Meri’s rental will go for sale ?

Hmm, great question. I wonder if Meri actually lives in UT now.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, laurakaye said:

It's been almost two weeks since Meri's deadline to submit applications for Lizzie's Heritage Inn Retreat for the low, low price of $6,000 (not including transportation)!  I am so excited to find out which one of us passed Meri's multitude of tests and gets to go!  Remember to take lots of filtered pictures!  Hope you don't get the haunted room, LOL!

She’s out of her mind. $500 tops for such an experience. She’s a low-level Z-list celebrity.  

Meri must think her B&B is equal to Emirates Air experience. She’s nuts. What can she possibly offer that’s worth $6k? Even Lady Gaga may struggle to get that and she’s not enough of a jerk to ask for it. She’s actually NICE to her fans and doesn’t take advantage of them. 

• Love 6

I’m not defending all Meri actions.  My goodness I’ve been quite vocal about the stuff she did that was so annoying…from unrealistic expectations, whining, demands, WALLS, etc., however, I do recall the kids acting out on the show and Meri being the only one to call them out on it.  As adorable as the adult kids are now, some of the sons, not Logan, were quite obnoxious on the show demonstrating little, if any respect for Janelle.  This was before the AZ decision to move.  Kody didn’t do much about it either.  So, maybe Meri earned some of the things she is disliked for by the family, but I think she told the truth when some of the sons acted out and that was not appreciated by the moms or siblings.  And, maybe, she didn’t have a say, since her child was rather spoiled too, but, I think that Leon’s was not as aggressive, based on what we saw.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m not defending all Meri actions.  My goodness I’ve been quite vocal about the stuff she did that was so annoying…from unrealistic expectations, whining, demands, WALLS, etc., however, I do recall the kids acting out on the show and Meri being the only one to call them out on it.  As adorable as the adult kids are now, some of the sons, not Logan, were quite obnoxious on the show demonstrating little, if any respect for Janelle.  This was before the AZ decision to move.  Kody didn’t do much about it either.  So, maybe Meri earned some of the things she is disliked for by the family, but I think she told the truth when some of the sons acted out and that was not appreciated by the moms or siblings.  And, maybe, she didn’t have a say, since her child was rather spoiled too, but, I think that Leon’s was not as aggressive, based on what we saw.  

I can believe that Meri was more of a disciplinarian, and that didnt endear her to some of the kids, specifically the middle boys. I dont think that is the ONLY reason she lacks bonds with the other kids- I also think she was jealous and resentful, and the kids saw how the Moms treated each other and that played into it. Meri did demand they respect her (as they should've).

I also think she played favorites with her own bio child, and the kids saw that too. She probably gets along best with Logan and Asypn because those two tended to be more obedient dutiful kids who didnt "act up", and while they might not adore Meri, those two understand why Meri disciplined the kids when she did.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5

Based on her Instagram Meri is at a Tony Robbins seminar this weekend. I’m curious as to what she takes away from this. He’s full of platitudes and kind of a huckster  but I hope she gets the spark to break away fro Kody and live her own life.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Maire said:

Based on her Instagram Meri is at a Tony Robbins seminar this weekend. I’m curious as to what she takes away from this. He’s full of platitudes and kind of a huckster  but I hope she gets the spark to break away fro Kody and live her own life.

She likely won’t. Deep down, she’s afraid.  All we will see is more attention-seeking cryptic word vomit and “look-at-how-strong-I-am” on her IG. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, Maire said:

I had to google who Tony is. 

• Like 1

Predictably, Meri’s look-at-me, “empowering” drivel.

A bunch of other people did the same fire walk thing Meri, it’s called science. Do you think they’d do something that harms the people who paid hundreds of dollars for this weekend?!? If you were stuck in a wildfire, you’d still burn (unless you’re a wildland firefighter with a fire shelter and even then it’s questionable).

Oh! And this guy’s most expensive ticket was around $1k. Meri thinks she’s worth $6k for a weekend!! The delusions are expanding faster than the speed of light. 

37EA6576-F25A-4DB1-81EF-D504E8C959F3.jpeg

C6BFDED3-25A8-4DFF-BF50-35775574F962.jpeg

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

Meri really does drink all the KoolAid, doesn't she? Kody's Cult, LLR, motivational speakers, fake handsome rich on-line lovers... If there's a scam out there, she'll find it and buy into it, hook, line, and sinker.

• Like 12
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
On 11/2/2022 at 1:52 PM, laurakaye said:

I think she was probably much harder on her non-bio kids because they weren't hers, and they were a constant reminder that she only had Leon.  

One of you brilliant PT'ers will help me refresh my memory on this incident. It was an early season, most of fam was on a road trip. Two of the boys (maybe Paeden was one) got into a physical scuffle- I don't think punches were thrown, but Meri reacted very harshly. I think she enjoyed little Sol and Arioblah under 5 or so, but the bigger kids- nope.

Edited by BAForever
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, BAForever said:

One of you brilliant PT'ers will help me refresh my memory on this incident. It was an early season, most of fam was on a road trip. Two of the boys (maybe Paeden was one) got into a physical scuffle- I don't think punches were thrown, but Meri reacted very harshly. I think she enjoyed little Sol and Arioblah under 5 or so, nut the bigger kids- nope.

Meri only dotes on Sol and Ari because they’re Kody and Robyn’s. She thinks she’s winning approval points. Everything she does has a motive, and it’s always about Meri and what benefits HER. 

• Like 3
  • Love 10
37 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Meri only dotes on Sol and Ari because they’re Kody and Robyn’s. She thinks she’s winning approval points. Everything she does has a motive, and it’s always about Meri and what benefits HER. 

I don’t think it’s JUST that, Meri has her faults but humans are more complex than that. Caregivers are also people too, with their own personalities and biases. With a family with THAT MANY KIDS there are going to be some you gel with on a friend level more than others (even if you’re a naturally nurturing person like Christine and do your best to be fair). I think by the time Sol and Arielle came along, Meri knew there would be no more kids for her, and Leon was grown. Any “caregiving energy” she had left would go to them (unless or until Leon and Audrey have children- I don’t know if they want them or not). 

I distinctly remember that Meri said to Janelle once “you may have given birth to him (Logan) but he’s all our boy”- Logan was the first born, someone for them all to rally around, and he’s such a dutiful kid he was easy to care for. Also Logan grew up right with Leon, so Meri spent a lot of time with him, caring for him  alongside her own child. It’s just a different dynamic than she would have with the younger kids when Leon was not “gone” (as an adult) but an adolescent. 

I come from a large extended family (but not many people in my generation), I was cared for closely by a number of great Aunts- as an adult I get that if they had grandchildren or children of their own we probably wouldn’t have had the same type of relationships. Also, my favorite Great Aunt and I “gelled” as PEOPLE. She wasn’t just my great aunt she was my friend- that made some others a wee bit jealous, because people are people. Didn’t mean they didn’t care about each other. It takes some self awareness and emotional maturity though to handle that and not alienate other family members. I don’t think Meri is emotionally mature. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
53 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

7C884B19-6D21-4C92-B13E-245D4633F157.jpeg

Why. Why would anyone pay this to spend time with a grouch who has an inflated ego? There’s nothing this basic bi!+€h can offer that’s worth $6k. Her stupid B&B is not Dubai or the Sky Lofts in Vegas.

Who (and what) does she think she is?

Edited to Add: I SO want to ask her what she’s providing that’s worth $6k, unless she’s bamboozling people into to joining LuLaRot (but I don’t wanna get blocked so, I won’t). 

Edited by TurtlePower
Additional and stupid autocorrect
  • Love 6

Meri: “My strength is sticking around and seeing if Kody will be willing to work on our relationship.”

Yup, exactly what we’ve been thinking all these years — she has no other options, she’s too scared and hopes that by some miracle Kody will love her again. Not. Happening.

And she says she’s “not jealous” — deep down, she may well be. Christine wasn’t gonna hang around to see if she can repair being unloved.

Kody basically said he’s done with you, Meri. He’s given you permission to move on. He hasn’t even done that with Christine so, that’s where you stand Mer. And yeah, you are sitting there pining away. Dumb@$$.  

Edited by TurtlePower
Autocorrect!!!
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2