Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Not a murmur about the activities at this 2nd retreat. No photos of them enjoying the amenities offered at the BnB. Lounging around the indoor pool, frolicking in the hot tub, enjoying a gourmet buffet...Oh wait..

😂 This.

Sharing the photos of a successful retreat would be good for business. Oh wait……..🙄

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
11 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

She has zero qualifications. To be semi fair she's really just co-hosting with the company "real life retreats" which does these retreats at many locations. That company is owned by a "friend" - who also likely has no qualifications but oddly seems to have success at other venues - judging by many smiling happy social media posts. LOL so likely also not actually successful. And I'm guessing retreat #2 was canceled. 

Do you have a link to that company?

6 hours ago, SongbirdHollow said:

Do you have a link to that company?

it was an instagram thing; her friend Joelle. She had a separate page that said "retreat with me" and "real life retreats" but it hasn't been active in over four months. Her link tree doesn't go to it now either.  

• Useful 4
On 3/26/2023 at 5:29 PM, LilyD said:

It’s not just the food though. The b&b itself isn’t very appealing either. Well, not to me but I’m sure there are a few that like the “vintage” style and probably rather musty smell….

Plus the furniture reminds me of Meri…stiff and uncomfortable. I would not want to stay there other than to be nosy 😊

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
On 2/10/2023 at 3:48 AM, TurtlePower said:

And here’s Meri, doing “whatever the hell” she wants — brash, braggy, unlikable and over-confident as always: 

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/sister-wives-meri-brown-doing-132738295.html

Annnd I think in the video link she’s below Hoover Dam/Willow Beach (part of Lake Mead) doing a kayak trip. I used to patrol there. I always wondered if I’d see any of the Browns down there, missed it by a few years.

Kinda glad I missed this one (my eyes woulda been rolling behind my ever-present sunglasses). 

Wasn't she doing whatever the hell she wanted before?

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
3 minutes ago, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

Meri has been off doing her best life for YEARS!  Seems only time she was around Kody and family was during filming to keep the sister wives money coming in.  Doesn’t look like Meri had a date for this prom birthday party?  

I dunno.  Didn't seem like her best life when she didn't have a real marriage for many years prior to the catfish incident. It seems to me from the way she so quickly latched on to what she believed was a male, that she really needs a man in her life. She publically humiliated herself for years trying to gain a crumb of attention from Kody.

I also would not believe that Meri is altruistic enough to give a damn about money coming in for anyone other than herself and exposure to benefit her MLM and BnB.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

Guess my sarcasm didn’t come thru.  Meri has been shouting out about how she is living her best life…and SHE needs:wants the show money and fans to increase her fan base, down line and income.   I agree meri IS about Meri.  

Thanks for clarification. Sailed right over my head.

• Like 3
(edited)

Hmm, I'm getting ads for the Book of Mormon at the Orpheum Theatre on this site.  

So where was Bret Michael (or whatever his name is!) at this dance party?  Were the other women Meri's downline, and is her BFF Jenn a downliner, too?  If Jenn is married with children, how does she devote all this time to be Meri's always available sidekick?

She must be the ultimate fangirl.  

Edited by xwordfanatik
reworded it after I read it
  • Like 5
56 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Hmm, I'm getting ads for the Book of Mormon at the Orpheum Theatre on this site.  

So where was Bret Michael (or whatever his name is!) at this dance party?  Were the other women Meri's downline, and is her BFF Jenn a downliner, too?  If Jenn is married with children, how does she devote all this time to be Meri's always available sidekick?

She must be the ultimate fangirl.  

I love Book of Mormon more than Hamilton 

• Useful 3
39 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

If Bret Michaels was at that party then I'd crash it.  🤠

Blair Michael was probably there, sitting in a corner watching 50 women shake their groove things encased in LuLaRoe leggings, waiting to see whose pants would split first and questioning all of his life choices up to that point.

I saw about 14 seconds of Friday with Friends - the JustJenn Birthday Edition.  After watching Meri pretend to be so drunk that she couldn't get her straw into her cup, I too began to question my life choices and wandered off to organize my sock drawer. 

I lasted until Meri was choking, and then off camera on the floor. Turned it off when I knew she was ok, as if there was something I could do about it. 🤣

• LOL 11
54 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

If Bret Michaels was at that party then I'd crash it.  🤠

Blair Michael was probably there, sitting in a corner watching 50 women shake their groove things encased in LuLaRoe leggings, waiting to see whose pants would split first and questioning all of his life choices up to that point.

I saw about 14 seconds of Friday with Friends - the JustJenn Birthday Edition.  After watching Meri pretend to be so drunk that she couldn't get her straw into her cup, I too began to question my life choices and wandered off to organize my sock drawer. 

Great scenario!  LOL, I named Blair Bret, oops!  🙃

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
(edited)
12 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

What is with Meri pretending to be drunk?    I don't understand why she does this ...

Granted I can usually only take FWF for less than 30 seconds, but of the few I've seen, she begins every episode acting like she's drunk.  She slurs her speech, puts on an odd fake voice and typically plays at not being able to connect Just Jenn, or steady her phone, or take a sip from a cup without spilling and/or choking.  It reminds me of being 13 at a school dance and acting like we're all having the BEST. TIME. EVER. to impress whoever the hell we were trying to impress at the time.  To me, Meri is doing this exact same thing - playing that she's having the time of her life with Jenn in order to rub it in the faces of those attempting to participate virtually.  But then I've also seen her shoot down anyone who thinks she's drunk so honestly, I just think she loves the attention that comes along with it.

I also saw her "disco" video and maybe this is the COL in me talking, but I find it extremely disingenuous to be dancing while holding out your arm and smiling into your own phone.  It's all so performative.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Granted I can usually only take FWF for less than 30 seconds, but of the few I've seen, she begins every episode acting like she's drunk.  She slurs her speech, puts on an odd fake voice and typically plays at not being able to connect Just Jenn, or steady her phone, or take a sip from a cup without spilling and/or choking.  It reminds me of being 13 at a school dance and acting like we're all having the BEST. TIME. EVER. to impress whoever the hell we were trying to impress at the time.  To me, Meri is doing this exact same thing - playing that she's having the time of her life with Jenn in order to rub it in the faces of those attempting to participate virtually.  But then I've also seen her shoot down anyone who thinks she's drunk so honestly, I just think she loves the attention that comes along with it.

I also saw her "disco" video and maybe this is the COL in me talking, but I find it extremely disingenuous to be dancing while holding out your arm and smiling into your own phone.  It's all so performative.

This. I still think Meri is masking and playing a role and that she hasn’t figured out who she really is yet. I still think she’s hiding the Mean Girl within her and she seems to think showing herself having a roaring good time is the only way to appear confident and happy.

I get that she needs to keep herself in the spotlight for her business, but all this attention-grabbing activity screams “i have very little self-confidence so I’ll show off more”. Social media has made it easy for people to do this and while it may give the person a little boost, they need to keep doing it to feel good about themselves.

External validation becomes something they cannot live without. To everyone but the gullible and their core group of supporters (who may not be true supporters but see something in it for them), it becomes annoying and reeks of desperation — “look at meeeeeeee!!!!” Meri seems to require this — as do a couple other people I know. They aren’t happy unless they’re sharing everything and getting “likes”. 

I hope Meri does figure out who she is and hope she does some deep soul searching. The character she’s playing is a conceited jerk. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 8
  • Love 1
On 4/4/2023 at 8:42 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

What is with Meri pretending to be drunk?    I don't understand why she does this ...

She would act goofy in her Fridays with Friends videos. People kept asking if she was drunk. When she first started doing the videos, she’d say no. Then she started playing it up. Personally I don’t think she was actually drinking alcohol.

• Like 4
On 4/6/2023 at 7:24 AM, TurtlePower said:

This. I still think Meri is masking and playing a role and that she hasn’t figured out who she really is yet. I still think she’s hiding the Mean Girl within her and she seems to think showing herself having a roaring good time is the only way to appear confident and happy.

I get that she needs to keep herself in the spotlight for her business, but all this attention-grabbing activity screams “i have very little self-confidence so I’ll show off more”. Social media has made it easy for people to do this and while it may give the person a little boost, they need to keep doing it to feel good about themselves.

External validation becomes something they cannot live without. To everyone but the gullible and their core group of supporters (who may not be true supporters but see something in it for them), it becomes annoying and reeks of desperation — “look at meeeeeeee!!!!” Meri seems to require this — as do a couple other people I know. They aren’t happy unless they’re sharing everything and getting “likes”. 

I hope Meri does figure out who she is and hope she does some deep soul searching. The character she’s playing is a conceited jerk. 

I don't disagree with you. Her performances on FWF make my heart sink. What I can't figure out is who she is  playing the role for. Herself? LulaFans? Kody? The other wives?  

• Like 9

Well, with everything Meri’s been through, whether she deserved it or not, she has done fairly well with getting where she is now. I’ll give her that.

She had a huge, ‘close’ family and thus a big social network. That’s all gone. I may not agree with all her choices, particularly those idiotic retreats, but I respect her for trying to get her life back on track on her own. And that at her age. It’s hard when you’re young but it’s getting harder and harder as you grow older. 

And yes, her behaviour is odd and concerning at times. She could do with a good counselor/psychologist to deal with the ghosts from her past. Possibly even with some of the behavioural things we see today. I think a lot stems from past experiences, though part is also because of who she is: A sour, self-centered woman, with a mean personality and fairly limited social skills.

• Like 9

Catching up here after a hiatus. Did Meri actually charge $6000 for a weekend with her at her B&B?! And people actually paid?

For comparison, Jen Hatmaker, who is “Instagram famous” and also a successful author, is currently offering a Caribbean cruise with her, $2k at most (and that’s for the highest tier room). And that’s for a cruise, not some random B & B in the middle of Utah. 

I don’t get it. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 2
41 minutes ago, Lsk02 said:

Catching up here after a hiatus. Did Meri actually charge $6000 for a weekend with her at her B&B?! And people actually paid?

Well, there is absolutely no evidence that it actually took place.  No pictures of Costco food in aluminum trays or cheerful attendees.  Not a peep about a fabulous, fun-filled affair.  Crickets.

• Like 11
5 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Nothing on instagram congratulating Christine on getting engaged. Lol gee I wonder how Meri feels.

I bet she is stuffing her face with rice Krispy treats and building more walls up. And wailing why no man wants me?!

She's building a wall of Rice Krispy Treats. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 13
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

They have very rarely, if ever, acknowledge each other on social media.

I know it’s a gossip rag but there’s this: https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/7870065/meri-brown-cryptic-post-following-christine-engagement/amp/

Leave it to Meri, who probably IS creating boundaries with that wall of Rice Krispies that was mentioned 😆

Christine got the cooking show and Meri was pissed about that, Christine calmly left Kody and Meri was pissed about that, and now Christine has found herself a man and Meri’s probably pissed about that so she has to post some inspirational drivel on the same days as Christine’s announcement. 

Edited by TurtlePower
Clarification
  • Like 1
  • LOL 3

I think it would be weird if Meri congratulated Christine tbh. They aren't friends. Christine "ended the friendship" a long time ago and then hashed up all the old stories for the finale just this season. "Meri gave me an ulcer, so much stress, she wasn't nice to me in front of her family, the kitchen from 30 years ago..." I don't blame Meri for staying silent on this one. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2

Christine gets engaged and suddenly 2 days later Meri has a quote about life being “turned upside down”? She posted another one about “cruel situations”. What happened to the “I’m-confident-and happy-and-successful” act? 

I knew she would post something like this following Christine’s announcement, just knew it.

Edit: this is a separate one from the “setting boundaries” one above. 

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/7887518/sister-wives-meri-brown-cryptic-post-christine-engagement/amp/

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Like 3
Just now, ginger90 said:

Meri posts that kind of shit all the time.

It’s the timing though. As if she had to say something.

I still believe by the “conspiracy theory” of mine that she’s not actually very happy and is in fact envious of Christine’s new found happiness. And he’s actually a real person (yeah, I had to…..). 

• Like 6
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

I cannot stand when someone posts a random, cryptic deep thought and thinks it's the equivalent of a mic-drop.  I really hate when someone posts multiple deep thoughts, one after the other, with no explanation, as if they're crafting some kind of story, and thinking that they've actually fooled people into believing that they live by these cookie-cutter mottos.

Meri is shouting into the void.  No one cares, except perhaps Just Jenn and maybe Blair Michael if he's bored.  

• Like 13
  • Applause 4
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

E552B7EE-4383-4F14-BD89-CA72853F0CD8.jpeg

You show us Meri with your humblebrag how HAPPY you are by going all those PLACES to keep trying to “fill your cup” that never seems to be full, EVER, despite constant pouring  

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Laughing GIF

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

London is SO on my bucket list.  I am envious, but not if this is a LuLaNo team-building trip that Meri had to pay for out of her own pocket.

Same. I have a sky miles card I use for everything and have been building them up (if ya gotta buy stuff anyways might as well get the miles!). That way when we go, it can be a first class (comfortable) experience. 

• Like 9
31 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Just saw this on Reddit — someone had seen Meri and Kody together with a moving truck headed up towards Utah. 

I wonder if he’s helping her move closer to the B&B. 

I saw the photo before it was taken down, maybe you did too.  As you know, I am no Meri fan but her and Kody both looked positively radiant. 

It may have been the camera angle, but Meri appeared to have smooth skin and actual contours to her face.  Unless she commandeered the guy's camera to apply a filter, she is looking pretty damn fine.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

I saw the photo before it was taken down, maybe you did too.  As you know, I am no Meri fan but her and Kody both looked positively radiant. 

It may have been the camera angle, but Meri appeared to have smooth skin and actual contours to her face.  Unless she commandeered the guy's camera to apply a filter, she is looking pretty damn fine.

Good for her. Maybe she got some work done  (honestly that’s better than filters).

I didn’t see the photo. Wish I had. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

Good for her. Maybe she got some work done  (honestly that’s better than filters).

I didn’t see the photo. Wish I had. 

@TurtlePower here is a link to a youtube video that has the photo:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Useful 6