Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

Good thing others provide Meri with words, what would she tweet?

I'm sure there is a Big Book of Banal Blatherings out there that she can use when she runs out of original thoughts.  Oh, wait.....

• Love 7

What strikes me is that there's usually some little subtle jab at the people around her for not loving her enough or not being supportive. So in addition to the whole woe-is-me thing that gets so old, I also get a resentful passive aggressive vibe from her little posts. It really makes her hard to root for ... 

• Love 11

Meri plays the sister wife game on social media. Cutting her sister wives down with the revenge memes (I AM HAPPY DESPITE OF YOU!!!!!!). Posting woe-is-me memes for attention from her fans (used to be she would sad-sack for attention from Kody but he is long gone). It's a game she has played for over 25 years and she can't stop herself. She just has a new outlet. The other wives don't stoop that low, with the exception of a few posts from Robyn.

• Love 8

Meri's yellow tooth.  I was sitting in the Dentist chair yesterday having a crown put on and I had an OMG moment.  That's why Meri's tooth is yellow - it's a crown.  I had been reading up on them and somewhere it mentioned they can turn yellow because of drinking wine or smoking.  I think it's just a certain type or brand of crown, or maybe she tried to whiten her other teeth.  

Still, there's no excuse for not correcting it once she started appearing on TV.   

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I don't root for any of them.  They all knew what they were getting into.  I have no sympathy whatsoever.

Rooting for someone is not the same thing as being sympathetic ... it is supporting any sign of change for the better in a person.  And regardless of how they got where they are, I am willing to root for any one of the sisterwives who risks taking a step out of the box, challenges oppressive ideas, or even just rebels a little.  Sadly, I've seen no real sign of that among any of them.  But I would root for one of them if she did something worth rooting for. 

If only one of them would do something worth rooting for.  Sigh.

I mean .... I want to cheer on Meri ... she seems the one most likely to leave and create her own life.   Developing self awareness and confidence  are  key things she would need to do, right?  So when she posts all this stuff about her budding self-awareness and confidence, it should seem like a sign of growth in her that you might root for.   But she does it in such a grating way with the empty, self-pitying little platitude quote things and thinly veiled jabs at her family, you can't cheer her on because it's a load of crap. Cheering Meri on for her personal growth while she makes posts like that would be like cheering on Janelle for working hard to become slim while you watch her inhale a bag of Funions.  There is simply nothing to cheer for.

That's why it pains me to see all the responses she gets that lavish attention and praise on her.  It only encourages Meri to wallow in her head more than she does already and see herself as a victim.  She'll never get anywhere as long as that is her mindset.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, PCB said:

Meri's yellow tooth.  I was sitting in the Dentist chair yesterday having a crown put on and I had an OMG moment.  That's why Meri's tooth is yellow - it's a crown.  I had been reading up on them and somewhere it mentioned they can turn yellow because of drinking wine or smoking.  I think it's just a certain type or brand of crown, or maybe she tried to whiten her other teeth.  

Still, there's no excuse for not correcting it once she started appearing on TV.   

I have always thought it was more brownish.  I guessed that it was a "dead" tooth that had had a root canal.  Years ago, I knew another woman where that was the case.  But, it's just a guess on my part, of course.  I can't imagine why Meri hasn't had it corrected, whatever the case.

• Love 1
On 12/3/2017 at 2:41 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

I feel like we never got the real story on that divorce. I don't know who's idea it actually was or how Meri really felt about it (before it happened - I agree she was unhappy about it later). It looked to me at the time like she was completely emotionally disengaged from Kody anyway (and this was later confirmed on the show), so I'm not sure she was all that emotionally devastated to be divorced from him. I think what ended up bothering her most was her loss of power as the legal wife more than Kody marrying Robyn.  So I can't say I see the divorce as an act of pure cruelty by him.  Selfish, perhaps, but not transparently cruel in the same way barring Meri from seeing the kids would be. That's something that would be done solely out of spite to hurt someone. I don't think the divorce is in the same category.

[SNIP]

We'll never get the true story from them, because I don't think the truth is the same for Meri, Kody, and Robyn. As much as JO lied, she also told some truths, and I believe the story of Robyn demanding marriage before having another child. It was supposedly because Kody supported Meri in returning to school and Robyn wanted her to be told she had to continue working on MSWC. According to the pathological liar, Kody supposedly guilt tripped Meri about Robyn being uncomfortable having another child because she didn't feel like she had enough legal protections in their marriage and something about how her marriage with David ending was making her nervous. 

I totally agree that it was the loss of power that bothered Meri. Depending on the day, and therefore the story being told, their marriage had been over for a long time, and they were just going through the motions. Robyn was an FU to Janelle and Christine, but she didn't expect it to backfire on her the way it did, with Kody making comments about finding his soul mate later in life, making excuses to skip nights with the other wives to stay with Robyn, and it just amplified his complete indifference to the first three.

On 12/3/2017 at 3:14 PM, ginger90 said:

Have they ever said why Meri and Kody didn't do just a spiritual marriage,  and also did a "legal" one?

I think that the Browns did explain it, but I know it was explained by a few of the plyg groups. The legal rights of a spouse to make medical decisions, etc., made it necessary to marry someone.

• Love 6

My older sister got hit in the mouth with a softball when she was a teenager and it "killed" her front right tooth as the dentist put it. If I recall correctly it had to do with damaging the connection between the root and the tooth to the extent that the root could not keep the tooth itself healthy and alive.  I can't remember at what point it happened - it definitely  was before she graduated- but she had to have a root canal and her tooth ended up looking just like Meri's. I can remember my sister's senior picture, taken in the days before retouching was common ... it was just so obvious, so sad.  In her early twenties she had a (cheap) crown done that turned out to be whiter than the rest of her teeth ... it was a source of great embarrassment to her for years until she finally had her entire top set of teeth capped so that they all matched when she was in her late thirties and had that kind of money to spend.

I guess my point is it's not as easy as one might think to make everything come out perfect. But it really does look like Meri has never done anything in the several years she's been on TV to ever try to fix that tooth. I've never noticed any change in it at all. I don't understand it ... you would think being on TV it would matter more to her. But maybe not. Maybe she just doesn't give a shit and prefers to spend her money on other things. Maybe she is terrified of the dentist. Who knows ... maybe several dentists have told her there's nothing they can do and for whatever reason it's best left alone. But I do feel bad because it's very obvious and you know that it's the first thing her eyes go to when she sees a picture of herself just like how anyone else would zero in on what they knew was this big flaw. I saw my sister do that for years.  

I just hope that it's been her decision to not tackle this particular problem for whatever reason and she has it been guilted or shamed out of spending the money on herself. Although to be honest that seems kind of unlikely because she's always had a disproportionately large amount of the budget allocated to her personally.  Who knows ....

• Love 5
On 12/8/2017 at 1:34 AM, Celia Rubenstein said:

I guess my point is it's not as easy as one might think to make everything come out perfect. But it really does look like Meri has never done anything in the several years she's been on TV to ever try to fix that tooth. I've never noticed any change in it at all. I don't understand it ... you would think being on TV it would matter more to her. But maybe not. Maybe she just doesn't give a shit and prefers to spend her money on other things. Maybe she is terrified of the dentist. Who knows ... maybe several dentists have told her there's nothing they can do and for whatever reason it's best left alone. But I do feel bad because it's very obvious and you know that it's the first thing her eyes go to when she sees a picture of herself just like how anyone else would zero in on what they knew was this big flaw. I saw my sister do that for years.  

I just hope that it's been her decision to not tackle this particular problem for whatever reason and she has it been guilted or shamed out of spending the money on herself. Although to be honest that seems kind of unlikely because she's always had a disproportionately large amount of the budget allocated to her personally.  Who knows ....

There are a number of relatively easy things she could have had done to improve the appearance of the tooth that wouldn't cost a fortune and would be minimally invasive, like bonding and veneers.  It's only one tooth so it wouldn't cost that much and it's less traumatic than a basic cleaning so I don't buy that she could be that terrified.  I know a guy with a dead tooth and he has had bonding done to whiten it.  That procedure is done specifically to improve the appearance of dark or discolored teeth.  I find it weird with Meri because I would think that a woman that invests that much time on her appearance with makeup, etc. would want to do something about the tooth. 

• Love 4

I had my front six teeth crowned a few years ago.  Expensive as hell, but well worth it.  They weren't discolored, just chipped and worn, and I hated my smile in pictures.  I agree that it seems odd that persnickety Meri wouldn't have one tooth veneered.  Vegas has to be full of doctors/dentists that cater to those in the entertainment field, and cosmetic surgery/dentistry has to be pretty common, I'd think.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

I had my front six teeth crowned a few years ago.  Expensive as hell, but well worth it.  They weren't discolored, just chipped and worn, and I hated my smile in pictures.  I agree that it seems odd that persnickety Meri wouldn't have one tooth veneered.  Vegas has to be full of doctors/dentists that cater to those in the entertainment field, and cosmetic surgery/dentistry has to be pretty common, I'd think.

It's everywhere in town. Within the last 10 years I feel like there's been a surge in marketing for perfect teeth--almost unrealistic expectations. I've fallen for it myself, constantly whitening and looking into an implant (for one I had surgically removed as it was broken). Like Celia said maybe she's scared of the dentist, who knows what her reasons are for leaving it alone. Maybe it doesn't bother her.

But one tooth wouldn't be a big dill, or a big bill. 

• Love 7

The Brown Clowns know nothing about giving, only taking. I doubt they've ever done a charitable thing - they are the center of the universe and are due all kinds of handouts due to their ongoing "persecution".  And all of the product placements and free meals from the show have only bolstered their feeling of entitlement.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

It's everywhere in town. Within the last 10 years I feel like there's been a surge in marketing for perfect teeth--almost unrealistic expectations. I've fallen for it myself, constantly whitening and looking into an implant (for one I had surgically removed as it was broken). Like Celia said maybe she's scared of the dentist, who knows what her reasons are for leaving it alone. Maybe it doesn't bother her.

But one tooth wouldn't be a big dill, or a big bill. 

I saw what you did there :)

I wanted my teeth to look like they were original, so the dentist duplicated my small diastema.  So happy I got it done.

I guess if it doesn't bother Meri, it shouldn't bother me.  I just find it odd (but what ISN'T odd about their marriage, at least to this monogamist?)

• Love 1

Meri opened a B&B!!!! 

https://lizziesheritageinn.com/

‘Sister Wives’ Brown opens B&B in Parowan

Meri Brown, one of the stars of TLC’s hit reality show “Sister Wives,” has opened Lizzie's Heritage Inn in Parowan, a bed and breakfast named in honor of her great-grandmother.

Built in 1870 by Brown’s great-great-grandparents, this was a family home for four generations before being sold out of the family. She recently repurchased the home with the idea of “creating a comfortable and welcoming environment where guests can get away and relax, or enjoy the local national parks and nearby ski resort,” according to a news release.

“I am so excited and beyond blessed to have had the chance to bring this home back into the family where it belongs,” Brown said. “I have had so much fun redecorating it with my great-grandmother's things, items that she made and created and can now be on display in her old home. I hope all our guests can feel the welcome that she, herself, would have given them.”

For information and reservations, go online to lizziesheritageinn.com.

Edited by lettsjetts
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, rainbowrockgal said:

I hope this venture, which doesn't seem to be a scam will be her way to finally break away from the Brown clowns. If this is real I wish her all the luck! 

I just looked at the website. Looks beautiful. I hope this is her chance to get away from them once and for all. 

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Her website for this needs a bit of tweaking, but it looks like a cute place.

Lord, yes.  Who writes this stuff?  At least hire someone that can do a grammar check but someone who knows marketing AND grammar would help. 

Wonder if there's a wet bar.

And how the heck did she afford this?  Well, her Twitter followers can all line up to stay there.  She has enough adoring fans to make some bucks, I would think. 

• Love 9

I wish they would spend a little money on their websites. Too much whitespace at the top. Her tagline "Come enjoy an opportunity to experience the past" needs a little work and it needs to be placed in a more prominent place. The logo would look much nicer if it looked like it was actually a wood carving. And:

1. Why do they feel that all their websites need a blog?
  2. Why put up a link to an empty blog?
  3. Have they never heard of adding a link when you have content to which to link?

Those are just fast observations. I took a look at their "Shop" link and there are two things available for purchase: a $25 gift certificate and a $150 pet deposit. Now, wtf? They don't take pets, according to their policies, so why in the hell are they selling a pet deposit? As for the home page, they could lose that left column, move the "links" section to the footer, and move the rest of the content below the slideshow.

• Love 6

I am so pleased to see this new venture. Now keep It far far far away from all the other crap the family is pushing. No lularoe, Sister Wives fugly closet or Jenelle's love yourself so go eat pie, walk around  block, have a healthy bowl movement and call it success advice. 

Edited by Punkadoo
It's early
  • Love 8

So now she's making payments on the McMansion AND a B&B?  That LulaRoe stuff must have really taken off.

Actually, hubby used to have a cousin who lived in Parowan.  Pretty little town.  I'd probably stay there if we were traveling through the area.

• Love 5

I wonder if there was a hitch in the deal or with getting permitted or something and opening this place was the "big dream" that she suggested had died a while ago. Looks like she managed to overcome whatever it was if that's the case.

Good for her, at any rate! I hope it' a huge success.

• Love 5

Wow!

Good for Meri!!  I have an inkling that this might be exactly what she needs to break away from the chaos that is the Brown Family Establishment.  I doubt we'll ever know how the finances of her mega mansion will be finagled.  I'm sure Janelle isn't pleased with the added expense...but hey...they can always turn it into a Vegas B&B for their MLM execs!!

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Just looked it up - it's less than a 3-hour drive from LV to Parowan.  Hopefully, that's far enough.

Damn.  Is she going to commute and only pop in now and again?  I skimmed the info on the link and it does say "Meri and the staff" welcome you etc etc.  The photos are gorgeous.  I would MUCH prefer to live there vs the desert of Las Vegas.  But...I'm a country girl, I like green grass under my feet.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Punkadoo said:

I am so pleased to see this new venture. Now keep It far far far away from all the other crap the family is pushing. No lularoe, Sister Wives fugly closet or Jenelle's love yourself so go eat pie, walk around  block, have a healthy bowl movement and call it success advice. 

OMG that is the funniest thing I have read in a while!!!!  

• Love 4
4 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Just looked it up - it's less than a 3-hour drive from LV to Parowan.  Hopefully, that's far enough.

I am wondering if Mykelti and Fat Tony will be running it?  Aren't they in St. George?  That is only a bit over an hour away.

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I am wondering if Mykelti and Fat Tony will be running it?  Aren't they in St. George?  That is only a bit over an hour away.

I'm not sure who's going to run it . . . but I'm assuming (for many reasons) that Janelle will not be cooking the "Breakfast" part, right?

• Love 4

I haven't seen it but I read that the "teaser" for the new season has Meri dropping a "bombshell" about wanting to open a B&B. So that will be her story. While some of that will be interesting, we already know it happened, and I don't know how much of Meri I can take regarding this living her why story line. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I haven't seen it but I read that the "teaser" for the new season has Meri dropping a "bombshell" about wanting to open a B&B. So that will be her story. While some of that will be interesting, we already know it happened, and I don't know how much of Meri I can take regarding this living her why story line. 

Are they going to focus on the neighbors who are apparently child bride marrying doomsday preppers? 

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2017/12/14/utah-doomsday-preppers-reportedly-involved-illegal-activities

• Love 2
On 12/14/2017 at 7:39 AM, Celia Rubenstein said:

I wonder if there was a hitch in the deal or with getting permitted or something and opening this place was the "big dream" that she suggested had died a while ago. Looks like she managed to overcome whatever it was if that's the case.

Good for her, at any rate! I hope it' a huge success.

And to think many of us thought it was related to LLR. This makes much more sense looking back. 

23 hours ago, Normades said:

I guess that divorce worked out for her after all!!  Now she doesn't have to share this new property with Kody!!

23 hours ago, lettsjetts said:

Robyn and Janelle must be seething.  

Right? Meri has started a REAL business, not a plyg-based online jewelry store or internet gimmick and she's not legally tied to Kody any more. 

• Love 4