Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

Meri's tree looks GREAT in front of those sub-standard, grubby aluminum, contractor-grade mini-blinds. Way to invest your money, Mer!

I just laughed OUT LOUD. 

You remember they put EVERYTHING on the mortgage loan including the washer/dryer and those ugly blinds in all the houses, one would think that meri or Robyn who wanted a 'craft room' would be able to either sew up some curtains or at least buy some at Walmart. 

Also I just flashed on her previously shown fashion sense or lack thereof with the naugahyde dress she wanted for the recommitment party and after messing THAT up, the outfit she purchased. 

• Love 2

I don't own any Lularoe and don't plan on it, but, Meri (I always want to say her name Merry) looks fine dressed in it vs. her skin tight jeans and layered tops.  And she does look happy. Maybe those friends will be good for her in a lot of ways unrelated to Lularoe.  Where were the sister wives?????

• Love 5

SHOW IS THE WETBAR, MERI. It was such a significant portion of yours life that you cried tears over it and spent $$$$. We need to see it with its holiday pastries laid out in all of its radiant glory.

Lularoe is frumpwear, but I agree it is 10000x better than those painted on coochie cutter jeans and layered skin tight Walmart tops. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Lularoe is frumpwear, but I agree it is 10000x better than those painted on coochie cutter jeans and layered skin tight Walmart tops. 

LOL! I remember her old look was sort of metal-ballad 80's band. The studded jean jackets, sorta kitschy-mall-biker- hard to describe. I looked at the LR stuff online, various pictures. These leggings that are supposed to be the big thing remind me of what preschool girls wear- you know, barely not straight up baby clothes. The prints with animals on them and other goofy things. Some of the other looks seem like they are trying for different eras. Some seem almost 1950's, some seem hippie-grunge 90's. Some seem like something 'Marge' the lady who has worked at the bank for 40 years would wear.  Others look like 80's bargain bin.  I don't know what they are trying to be. Have to say though, it is interesting to see the variations people come up with as far as these 'sistas-doin-it-for-themselves' check out us gals all hanging out and having fun-time (woo-hoo!) and associated 'look at all my new bffs' photos  that are up on google images. 

screen%20shot%202016-09-01%20at%2010.59.

Night of the Living Lulas! Hide yo Kids, Hide Yo Sisterwives...

lularoe.jpg

• Love 5

While the Lularoe women may not be "friends," they may be companions at least. It may be like people you lunch with at work or whatever but rarely if ever socialize with anywhere else. Right now, Meri must feel outside the family, so at least she has people with a common interest to hang out with. 

Thanks to this discussion, I got curious about Lularoe and ordered a pair of leggings on ebay. I didn't know to avoid the ones made in Vietnam, which apparently are the least desirable because they run small and the fabric is thin. Insiders know the many quirks of the Lularoe brand, but I didn't. The pattern is subtle and the material is soft, but I measure within the one-size range, and I'd have to lose 20 pounds to wear them without bursting a seam. They're going to my size 4 daughter-in-law if she wants them.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, SongbirdHollow said:

Note to the two "gals" in the middle of the top photo: that is NOT how you mix and match patterns. It's horrendous.

Boy oh boy.  Those clothes are awful.  I don't know anything about fashion, but that dress with the knot is just terrible.   Girlfriend really needs some spanx.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Baby Button Eyes said:

^ yikes, that last photo in the forest looks like a Lularoe equivalent of a coven coming at me to drag me away and force me into clothes to become "one of them".  

Sightings continue. Stay tuned to your local radio stations for more info. We advise that you shelter in place, and wear pants, as it is thought that if you wear pants, the LR zombies cannot see you. Probably also wear black.  News reports say they are likely to travel in groups of 5-6 and may be seen wearing clothes inappropriate to the terrain or weather (or much of anything else..) ... if you see them do not approach.. they may be armed with MLM sales material and may be dangerous.  A woman reported pointing and yelling 'omg, a unicorn print!' and it distracted them enough for her to get away.

fall_LuLaRoe_279.jpg?format=original

9ba788a60572fe75182469bd4bd1454e.jpg

example of a LRZ out in the wild , smiling at nothing and looking dressed up in the middle of a campsite. This one must have lost its herd.

ANA.jpg

Edited by BlackWidow
rearrange text
  • Love 10

Sightings continue. Stay tuned to your local radio stations for more info. We advise that you shelter in place, and wear pants, as it is thought that if you wear pants, the LR zombies cannot see you. Probably also wear black.  News reports say they are likely to travel in groups of 5-6 and may be seen wearing clothes inappropriate to the terrain or weather (or much of anything else..) ... if you see them do not approach.. they may be armed with MLM sales material and may be dangerous.  A woman reported pointing and yelling 'omg, a unicorn print!' and it distracted them enough for her to get away.

Bwahahahaha!  And to remain unseen, skip the cheap-ass leggings.

Edited by Kohola3
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, BlackWidow said:

fall_LuLaRoe_279.jpg?format=original

9ba788a60572fe75182469bd4bd1454e.jpg

example of a LRZ out in the wild , smiling at nothing and looking dressed up in the middle of a campsite. This one must have lost its herd.

ANA.jpg

And in Yellowstone National Park, tourists continue to try and pose with these creatures...................

• Love 6
14 hours ago, toodles said:

Boy oh boy.  Those clothes are awful.  I don't know anything about fashion, but that dress with the knot is just terrible.   Girlfriend really needs some spanx.

And the second one in from the left looks like she's 5 months pregnant.

• Love 1

Meri, her Christmas tree, and her house. Where to start? Let's start with her house because that's the thing driving me the most crazy most recently now. WTF is with the all white? And those venetian blinds are hideous. We have some in the house we rent, and my wife has covered all of them with attractive curtains (which varies room to room, but here's a sample): 

Her house is just so awfully decorated. I can't understand how anyone can stand to spend time in it. It looks like all it's missing is the padded walls and it would be a full-service insane asylum. And then to see that awful Christmas tree in front of those awful blinds. It was almost like "Look at how much money I can spend on a 12 foot Christmas tree and yet I can't afford to put any money into making my house a home!"

Her posts about her Christmas tree are so vomit-worthy. Complaining about how much work decorating a 12 foot tree is? Really? Most people cannot afford a 12 foot tree and also don't have a house with a ceiling high enough to have one, and you're doing to complain about how much work you've imposed on yourself by wasting money on buying a 12 foot Christmas tree? Good luck with that. And the pictures of the finished product are no better. That tree is so busy and so bright. I certainly wouldn't be able to relax and enjoy the feeling of the approaching holiday and the year winding down around that monstrosity. This is our tree for comparison: 

I think there's something deeper about all of this that bothers me than what I'm currently able to articulate. I'll have to have think about it when I have time and see what I can figure out. I just know there's something less tangible and more ephemeral that's bugging me about this. I just don't know what.

Edited by MrSmith
  • Love 7

We live in a rental with white walls and one room (our home office) still just has blinds on the windows.  I've put curtains in the other rooms.  I find the white/neutral colors to be more calming, and I use pops of color in linens and rugs to "jazz up" a room.  So I can't criticize Meri's style; I am more likely to criticize that she - as an empty-nest mother - is living beyond her means, and continues to buy "stuff" instead of easing the financial burdens of their "family."  

I have always criticized their budget; each wife gets the same amount of money, and must make it work for her family, regardless of the size of that unit.  I've always felt that half the income of the entire family should be divided into 5 shares for Kody and each wife.  The other half of the income should be divided by the number of children, and the allocation for each child given to their mother.  So Meri would get 20% of half for herself, plus 1/18 of the other half for Mariah.  Janelle would get 20% of half, plus 1/3 (6/18) of the other half, etc.  This would allow each mother to have a home large enough for herself and her child(ren).  No one would have a huge piece of a small pie for just herself and one child.

• Love 13
16 hours ago, toodles said:

I am also clueless about fashion and I'm all about what is comfortable.  That being said, those clothes are horrendous.  Would not be caught dead in any of it ever.   I have a new co-worker that LOVES this shit.   And she consistently asks me if I like her newest outfit.....  So uncomfortable, especially as we are in a profession that requires "professional business" attire.....  She seems to think that since they are skirts, they must fall into that category.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Meri has become very much about "things" , it seems to me.

Meri has always been about things.  She HAD to have french doors and the wet bar.  They showed her laundry room and she has a top of line washer and dryer.  Christine, who had a bunch of kids, has the generic set.

Meri also has a lot of time on her hands.  I think her tree is pretty.  But I can't imagine how long it took.  

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, toodles said:

Meri has always been about things.  She HAD to have french doors and the wet bar.  They showed her laundry room and she has a top of line washer and dryer.  Christine, who had a bunch of kids, has the generic set.

Meri also has a lot of time on her hands.  I think her tree is pretty.  But I can't imagine how long it took.  

She probably paid a professional company to come in and decorate it.  And after the holidays, she'll hire them to come back and take it down and put it away.

34 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

We live in a rental with white walls and one room (our home office) still just has blinds on the windows.  I've put curtains in the other rooms.  I find the white/neutral colors to be more calming, and I use pops of color in linens and rugs to "jazz up" a room.  So I can't criticize Meri's style; I am more likely to criticize that she - as an empty-nest mother - is living beyond her means, and continues to buy "stuff" instead of easing the financial burdens of their "family."  

I have always criticized their budget; each wife gets the same amount of money, and must make it work for her family, regardless of the size of that unit.  I've always felt that half the income of the entire family should be divided into 5 shares for Kody and each wife.  The other half of the income should be divided by the number of children, and the allocation for each child given to their mother.  So Meri would get 20% of half for herself, plus 1/18 of the other half for Mariah.  Janelle would get 20% of half, plus 1/3 (6/18) of the other half, etc.  This would allow each mother to have a home large enough for herself and her child(ren).  No one would have a huge piece of a small pie for just herself and one child.

Well, in a rental, it's normally a little different. You normally can't paint and are stuck with white or beige walls. In our situation, the landlords allowed us to paint. Of course, they couldn't really deny us when they let the last people paint and the last people had some truly garish colors on the walls.

Your idea for how to handle the budget sounds quite rational and reasonable. So, it's only natural that the Browns would never employ such a scheme. Either they've never heard of the adage "From each according to his means, to each according to his needs" or they've simply decided that's some religious mumbo-jumbo that just doesn't fit in their faith. I'm a subscriber of the second theory, not the first. Just for the record.

• Love 2

There's a whole lot of scripture like "From each according to his means, to each according to his needs" that doesn't fit their faith values.  As a Christian, it saddens me that a lot of people who profess Christianity on "reality" shows don't seem to practice what the Bible preaches.  I am not judging anyone else in saying this.  My personal belief system is what I call "red-letter" behavior.  If it's in the red letters in the Bible (traditionally, the words of Jesus), that's what I try to live.  I am not someone who looks for obscure verses in the Old Testament to "proof-text" my views.  While I know that the Bible was recorded by (fallible) men, it seems that the words attributed to Jesus are truly words of guidance, spoken with love.

Jesus didn't preach polygamy.  He wasn't even a fan of divorces of convenience.  And the apostle Paul said than an elder (which Kody has proclaimed himself to be in the Church of Kody) should be "the husband of ONE wife."  (Actually, Paul thinks it's better for elders not to marry at all, because having a wife is a distraction from the mission.  Maybe that's Kody's problem.  He's VERY distracted.)

• Love 6

I think religion should be tied to community and congregation. For me the two verses that encapsulate my belief are "love one another" and "serving God by serving others". (Not the exact verbiage but...)

They're members of the AUB. Or were? I don't get a real charitable vibe from what I've heard about that congregation, but at least they had a religious community. Now all they have is the Church of Kody which probably only meets when there's a filming opportunity. The kids weren't allowed to go to other churches in Vegas because the parents deemed them evil. So they have nothing.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

... it saddens me that a lot of people who profess Christianity on "reality" shows don't seem to practice what the Bible preaches.

There. That's better. Personally, I haven't read the Bible in two decades. I'm a Deist for several reasons. The shortest answer is just that I consider a lot of the details and specifics other sects concern themselves with to be irrelevant and distracting complexities. I've experienced God's intervention on a few occasions across my life, and so I have to be to some form of Christian because His existence is irrefutable from my perspective. At the same time, I don't really feel the need for what I've referred to as "irrelevant and distracting complexities", instead opting for a much simpler approach to life: If either the outcome of your actions will harm anyone or the potential for harm cannot be accurately and thoroughly assessed, choose a better course of action. And if there are no better alternatives, you'll have to accept the consequences and do what you can to undo the harm caused.

3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Jesus didn't preach polygamy.  He wasn't even a fan of divorces of convenience.  And the apostle Paul said than an elder (which Kody has proclaimed himself to be in the Church of Kody) should be "the husband of ONE wife."  (Actually, Paul thinks it's better for elders not to marry at all, because having a wife is a distraction from the mission.  Maybe that's Kody's problem.  He's VERY distracted.)

I can't subscribe to the LDS religion because of all the made-up stuff in the Book of Mormon. We've had missionaries or whatever you call them come to our home on a number of occasions in a few different cities. The last time I interacted with them, I willingly listened to what they had to say, read their book, and countered with my own world view (a slightly longer version than what I've summarized above). Eventually, they saw I was not going to be moved and stopped coming by. Currently, we have some coming to our home when my wife is home during the day. She tried to scare them off by telling them she's Wiccan and then asking questions that she found online that were supposed to scare them off. So far, she has roundly failed, but at least they won't come in the house when I'm not at home. Of course, a 180 pound Irish Wolfhound will scare most people, even though they're super friendly.

Edited by MrSmith
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

There's a whole lot of scripture like "From each according to his means, to each according to his needs" that doesn't fit their faith values.  As a Christian, it saddens me that a lot of people who profess Christianity on "reality" shows don't seem to practice what the Bible preaches.  I am not judging anyone else in saying this.  My personal belief system is what I call "red-letter" behavior.  If it's in the red letters in the Bible (traditionally, the words of Jesus), that's what I try to live.  I am not someone who looks for obscure verses in the Old Testament to "proof-text" my views.  While I know that the Bible was recorded by (fallible) men, it seems that the words attributed to Jesus are truly words of guidance, spoken with love.

I agree. I feel strongly there's a difference between Christian 'religion' & Christian 'faith'. Each religion makes up their own rules. Kody has a lot of rules.

And how many wives DOES it take to get into 'heaven'?

• Love 3

some of this stuff looks sadly like what random homeless people wear. Not making fun of the homeless, they obviously may not have a choice to just whatever whatever they can find.   Gotta take some pretty big balls to be like 4'9" and put this on and say you're wearing it to church...

meanwhileI suppose I missed Sunday's debacle for the latest show it looks like some here have seen it though cable says it airs later this week- maybe that is when they put it up in the on demand-they did put that awful 'honeymoon special' thing back up  . If you think oh you can watch it now, and you'll have a different take on it or something like that, no, you won't- it only highlights exactly how they got where they are now as well as both the utter self-absorption and level of kool-aid drinking going on. I'll have to look at the latest thread  and see the latest cattiness and snark.

yikes.JPG

omg.JPG

okayyyyy.jpg

2 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I agree. I feel strongly there's a difference between Christian 'religion' & Christian 'faith'. Each religion makes up their own rules. Kody has a lot of rules.

And how many wives DOES it take to get into 'heaven'?

I think three wives are required to get to the highest level of heaven. On the women's part, if they don't agree to be a plural wife they can just be external servants to the polygs in heaven. 

3 hours ago, BlackWidow said:

some of this stuff looks sadly like what random homeless people wear. Not making fun of the homeless, they obviously may not have a choice to just whatever whatever they can find.   Gotta take some pretty big balls to be like 4'9" and put this on and say you're wearing it to church...

meanwhileI suppose I missed Sunday's debacle for the latest show it looks like some here have seen it though cable says it airs later this week- maybe that is when they put it up in the on demand-they did put that awful 'honeymoon special' thing back up  . If you think oh you can watch it now, and you'll have a different take on it or something like that, no, you won't- it only highlights exactly how they got where they are now as well as both the utter self-absorption and level of kool-aid drinking going on. I'll have to look at the latest thread  and see the latest cattiness and snark.

yikes.JPG

omg.JPG

okayyyyy.jpg

Ugh.  These are terrible.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, BlackWidow said:

yikes.JPG

omg.JPG

okayyyyy.jpg

That middle picture - of the polka-dot sweater and floral hot pants?  Honestly, if my sister or any of my friends ventured out in that outfit, I'd tell them "oh sweetie - no."  There are ways to mix prints.  Lularoe seems to think that literally any and all prints and designs are meant to be mixed for delightfully stylish, fashion-forward results.  Instead, that woman looks like she got dressed in the dark - that, or she let her 2-year old son pick out her clothes for the day.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 5

Actually, I think it's good that she's branched out on her own and didn't cave to Robyn's stupid ass Sister Wives Closet. I'll bet it chaps the Queen Bee's ass that Meri is putting a lot more work and enthusiasm into this company than she did into Robyn's pet project (that she manipulated and guilted the others into doing).  I'd also rather see her bragging about "things," than Kody's "thing." The less pictures of the Douche, the better, as far as I'm concerned. I looked at that clothing company's website, and god help me...there's a dark pink pencil skirt with white polkas dots that I want. 

If something makes her happy outside of Kody's control, the other wives input, and her entitled daughter's ever present resting bitch-face....do it. 

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, llewis823 said:

The LulaRoe or whatever it is company...their clothes look like 80's thrift store finds. 

I was thinking pre grunge early 90s for a lot of the prints, but both fit. My husband calls them Saved By The Bell leggings. He thinks most look stuff grown women who finally get to dress like Kelly Kapowskk wear. 

Anyway.....good for Meri if she can actually have a job and earn some money. She was absolutely bullied into that Sister Wives Closet mess. I don't know why she made every passive aggressive excuse in the world (school, baby, etc) to not do it instead of just saying 'Nobody wants this overpriced stuff, Robyn we are not going to do all the work while you gestate, and I am not going to help you fail while I plot my escape.' Well I understand why she wouldn't want to reveal she was plotting her escape. 

Sister Wives Closet was all about Robyn being in control. I don't blame Meri for not wanting to feed the monster she brought into the house.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Meri is live now on facebook with a Lularoe sale. She's slightly more animated this time.

She needs to stop using the FB live like a mirror because every time I checked her feed, she was peering into the cam checking her hair and makeup. 

16 minutes ago, ChicksDigScars said:

OMG. There is a Facebook group called "WTF. Lularoe Fails," mostly devoted to the bad patterns.  Obviously, you order this stuff from a catalog and don't see what it actually looks like until it comes?

Gotta love the dress with with "X" marks all over it....almost perfectly positioned over the woman's boobs. X marks the spots!

Here's how it works: sellers pay so much for a block of inventory, and can say they want so many of each style, but they don't get to choose sizes or patterns. Only a certain amount of each fabric is used for items, so they're all 'limited edition' sort of. Lots of back orders for styles.  Sellers basic ally don't know what they're getting until they open their box. 

So......buyers then either are invited to parties (in person or online), join Facebook groups, go one eBay, to buy this stuff. No catalogs and no permanent retail stores.

So Meri can purchase some dresses, if they're  available, but has no say in the patterns she receives. Those live sales allow people to think they're part of the cool kids club and that get have to snatch this one of a kind dress NOW.

LUlaroe is a perfect brand for women like Meri who like to say they are empowered to sell modest, trendy clothing from home. I think she likes being able to think she has something expensive and exclusive that people have to race to get from her. Most of these clothes are dowdy and ugly, but she looks better in them than those painted on jeans and layered Jr. tank tops from Kmart.

• Love 4

From what I read, the LLR "consultants" aren't "allowed" to sell on eBay or sites such as Poshmark.  But of course, I'm sure many do.

There are tons of YT videos from LLR suckers.  There's this one I was watching where this couple (man and wife) are opening their holiday leggings shipment and they ended up with a lot of "tween" sizes rather than the OS ones that I suppose sell the quickest, so I guess you're right, they don't get to pick the sizes either. 

More like gambling than an actual "Business". 

• Love 1

They do get to pick sizes but sometimes the company 'screws up' and sends them a different size.  It's a pretty common irritation among LLR consultants.

I buy LLR because I am a weird size, a lot of clothes just aren't comfortable on me, and I'm not comfortable with fitted stuff that most companies create for women in the workplace. Most of my closet is filled with cardigans because I feel uncomfortable wearing a shirt without something over it.  But there are tops in LLR that I feel 100% comfortable wearing on their own.  LLR is about 80% really ugly and 20% really freaking cute. Unfortunately a lot of people don't realize that a large majority of it is horrendous.   And it is comfortable. 

• Love 2