Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: Couples Costume

Stinger97
  • Start Topic

When Dana comes to visit Adam for Halloween, he wants to spend the night with her and not Beverly. Trying to cope with this turn of events, Beverly decides to teach Adam a lesson on how dangerous the holiday can be, but the tables turn on Beverly. Later, Barry and Erica convince Adam to take Dana to a haunted house. Adam refuses to go back inside when Dana loses her promise ring and an unlikely family member helps him.

Review:

"...And then there's the kidnappings." I was finding Murray really funny in this one.

I see Dana slipping away from Adam and my heart breaks for him.

I just have to say, the actress is becoming stunningly beautiful.

• Love 7

I loved that the "razor blade" the mom used was literally the head of a female's razor with the 2 or 3 blades shoved into the candy bar and mostly poking out so that any child above a toddler would understand not to eat that.  Instead of what one would expect - the one thin blade shoved in and hidden within the actual bar. 

• Love 4

I thought Halloween was Adam's holiday with Pops? Adam had his Rubik's Cube costume and Pops' was a Ghostbuster, and they went through the whole separation anxiety then.

I liked the episode though, don't get me wrong. :-)

• Love 1

My only punkin' turned 18 on Thursday so any time Bev realizes she has to let Adam go a little more causes the allergies to act up.

"Everything you are saying is wrong." That kid was great.

I love how they find the costumes with the plastic masks. Those fuckers were HOT and made breathing a journey.

• Love 6

I love how they find the costumes with the plastic masks. Those fuckers were HOT and made breathing a journey.

No kidding, I grew up in So Cal (valley) in the late 70's, early 80's, so well aware of how hot those plastic masks and plastic parkas (or whatever you would call them) are. Especially since it can still be in the mid to upper 80's in October where I lived....

Great episode. But then, there actually hasn't been an episode I HAVEN'T liked to be honest...just love this show since it hits me right in the nostalgia bone every time...

• Love 2

According to Adam F. Goldberg, the show's creator, this episode wasn't what they originally had planned: 

The real bummer of it all is that I wrote a Thriller episode that we prepped and built everything for and then legally couldn't get it cleared. This was written in a few days which is why I had to go to a very familiar well just go get something on the air. Also why I didn't have the time to get the correct AVP from 89 cleared which is why that one is in there. It is what it is. Hopefully next year I can do this Thriller story. It's by far the best thing we''ve ever come up with.

• Love 6

I think this show is funny, the writing is great and the characters are bang on - except for Beverly. The actress does a fantastic job, but I cannot stand the woman. There's nothing funny about this smother. If there are mothers in real life who are really this obsessive and psychotic about their kids, then those kids have my pity. It's just too over the top.

• Love 1

"...And then there's the kidnappings." I was finding Murray really funny in this one.

I just have to say, the actress is becoming stunningly beautiful.

She has a recurring role on Gotham now as Silver St. Cloud. Only 4 episodes per IMDB

I think this show is funny, the writing is great and the characters are bang on - except for Beverly. The actress does a fantastic job, but I cannot stand the woman. There's nothing funny about this smother. If there are mothers in real life who are really this obsessive and psychotic about their kids, then those kids have my pity. It's just too over the top.

I like the show, too, but overbearing Beverly appears on almost every show, and promises to step on almost every show.  Well may be running dry?

• Love 1

Going through the IMDB credits for this episode now that it's been reposted. I was surprised to see that Dustin Ybarra (aka evil Josh Gad) was back as Nitrous, I didn't recall seeing him in the episode. I wonder if his scene was cut or just wearing a mask in the haunted house. At any rate, I definitely don't recall him asking Beverly if he could see her boobs as part of an ongoing negotiation with her.

Yeah, I find the character more creepy than funny a lot of the time.

• Love 1

I see Dana slipping away from Adam and my heart breaks for him.

The real life Adam met the woman he's still married to at 16.  So I wonder where that puts this relationship with Dana (while Fictional Adam's age vacillates episode by episode, I think it's fair to say he's supposed to be around 13 now, unlike Sean Giambrone who is actually 16).