Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: Thank You

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

At this point, I don't even care how it turns out for Glenn - dead or not dead* - I'm gonna be mad either way.

The showrunners made that whole mess either way too convoluted to figure out if he actually did die there and if he didn't, despite the fact I do buy that it would be hard for the walkers not already feasting on Nicholas to get at Glenn before he could get under the dumpster (if did), he's still reachable if he does get under the dumpster.  And no, I won't buy the "being covered in Nicholas' gore and blood 'saved him'" and the walkers just decided to ignore him.

So, either Glenn got ripped apart in the most ambiguous non-determinable way or he will miraculously and magically survive all that somehow.  Despite the fact I'll miss Glenn a lot if he is dead (or will be dying very soon), neither of the possible solutions - as they were/will be presented - really works for me.

(* - a believable and worthwhile outcome to that whole mess (IMO), would be if Glenn does get under the dumpster before getting bit and got to send out a W-T message or made it back to say goodbye to Maggie & CDB - or - got to say a really quick 'bye' on the W-T before the walkers drag him out from under the dumpster to go all-you-can-eat buffet on him)

• Love 5

I remember Morgan's wife, turning the doorknob, and the one with a rock, but don't remember them climbing a fence. 

I believe the fence climbing walker happened when Glenn and Rick were getting that van to go back and get the rest of the crew from the department store. Glenn and Rick climbed over to get to the van and the walker followed suit.

• Love 1

It did. It happened in Guts. I think there were 2-3 of them. I actually found an image of it, but was having trouble posting for some reason. 

I believe that 3 of them started over the fence.  Two were shot at the top of the fence, but 1 managed to make it over.  Then the fence came down and they had a herd on the truck by the time Rick got it started.

• Love 1

I have to know - what's "15 pages, 15 days?"

On the old site many of us migrated from, the rule was you were expected to at least read either the last 15 pages of posts, or the last 15 days of posts in a thread before posting. Thereby hoping to reduce the amount of people saying the exact.same.thing, such as: "ZOMG, did Rick get bit????"

Personally, I felt the concept was sound to keep the thread moving, but some MODS were really strict. There, people were warned/suspended pretty swiftly, so it would always confuse me when people would then start a post with, "I haven't read the thread, but..."

Edited by morgankobi
  • Love 4

On the old site many of us migrated from, the rule was you were expected to at least read either the last 15 pages of posts, or the last 15 days of posts in a thread before posting. Thereby hoping to reduce the amount of people saying the exact.same.thing, such as: "ZOMG, did Rick get bit????"

Personally, I felt the concept was sound to keep the thread moving, but some MODS were really strict. There, people were warned/suspended pretty swiftly, so it would always confuse me when people would then start a post with, "I haven't read the thread, but..."

Ok. That's what I thought.

That happened to me. I was kinda new to posting. I made a HUGE post on a thread, and started it with something like, "I haven't caught up on EVERY post, but..." and bam - huge post deleted, and I got a snarky warning. And attempts to talk it out with the mod went completely ignored. There's nothing more emasculating than having someone just completely ignore your attempts to communicate. I was also called out as being a "hater" for posting inquiring why a particular personality on a reality show was so disliked. More than 50% of posts about this guy were worded, "I absolutely HATE him!!!!" So I was all, "Wha? I'm just asking why people are SAYING they hate him!"

That's why I have been registered on this site for a couple years but only recently dared start posting. The moderation is as fair as it gets as far as I'm concerned. I made a post with too many unintentional off-topic references (ahem... the irony of saying this in this post in this thread does NOT escape me). Rather than deleting the post and sending me a snarky message I couldn't reply to and putting me on double-secret probation, my post was moved to a more appropriate thread and I received a pleasant message telling me why it was done, and a COMPLIMENT. So I'm MUCH happier here, thank you.

And to keep this on topic, Glen. Is. NOT. Dead.

• Love 13

I agree. We're totally enjoying the Halcyon Days of posting here. (heh)

And Glen lives, will escape, and FPP dies in the process!

Heh. Cute (I laughed) . Just stick with the rules everyone and no one gets "hurt". You are a good bunch, let's keep it that way.

Let's move on from the 15 pages of whatever and our past experiences from "that place", move on from repeating the same thing over and over - it does get tedious and repetitive. Thanks everyone!

• Love 8

OK, real thoughts here regarding the pet store. I would guess it's illegal/against code to have a business or building where the public is allowed to only have one possible exit. The store had the front door, and the one closet (?) with the two walkers. Did they even discuss other exits?

So many things seemed out of character, and not just because of the reactions to the big herd. Three experienced supply raiders and Michonne are part of a group that gets trapped in a small town when they were at least 10 minutes ahead of a herd? No looking for carts or wagons to put the wounded? (The sound didn't matter at that point since the herd was already coming.) No mercy kills, especially through a fence? 

I know it's folly to try to parse out "why didn't they _____?" but there was just so much of it this episode, and it bugs me that they are likely not catching up with any of these guys next episode. I just really dislike the attempted manipulation. The thing that will make me come back next week is a good episode this week of a show I like. It's the age of the internet. If, say, I no longer liked this show but want to know about Glenn, I'll look for spoilers or read about it after the next episode airs. I don't have to watch to find the answer.

Oh, and on a side note, there's a small piece on Talking Dead where the actor who plays Nicolas is saying a few things while on set, and I SWEAR he is sitting on those damned fire escape stairs!

I watched the overhead shot of the dumpster scene again. The one thing that is clear to me is that only a very few walkers are actually eating. You can see many, many hands reaching but not getting anywhere close because of how dense the crowd is.

Edited by morgankobi
  • Love 5

I can't help but hope that the dumpster is not your ordinary dumpster! Couldn't it have been set up previously as a safe hiding place by Morgan or Enid? (At this point we don't know for sure where either of them are, right?) Could one of them be witnessing what's going on and will provide a distraction that will call off the herd long enough for Glenn slide under and escape? Maybe wishful thinking, but not knowing their whereabouts makes me suspicious. Edited to add: it just popped into my mind, could there be some backstory connection between Morgan and Enid? For example, she could have been marking the trail for HIM?

And I, too, received NO PITY from another forum years ago when I, as a newbie, innocently replied to a troll. I was swiftly warned and received a black mark on my permanent record which never went away...(oops, I just see that in the meantime we've been very nicely urged to move on)

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 2

I refuse to believe that was a pet store. In my world it was a pet supply store selling pet accessories rather than live animals.

I think Michonne was constrained by (aside from plot) her desire to been seen as a worthy Alexandrite. For some reason I cannot understand she was trying to prove her humanity to Heath and the others when what she should have been doing was following Rick's lead and making them prove themselves to her. The Alexandrites are terrified of Rick, and Michonne tried to mitigate that. She should have secured the injured either in a back room or on the roof - pet stores might still have cans of food on the shelves and some of the pricier brands are human quality, intending to come back for them once the herd has been dispatched. Annie would have been fine for a day or so, and Carter might have had a chance too, maybe not losing so much blood because he was lying still. Heath might have a personal policy of leaving no-one behind but that has to be set aside with a horde converging on their home base.

Heath and Aaron have seen more of the ZA world but they're both still clueless in comparison to Michonne and Rick.

• Love 2

[Michonne] should have secured the injured either in a back room or on the roof—pet stores might still have cans of food on the shelves, and some of the pricier brands are human quality—intending to come back for them once the herd has been dispatched.

Carl was willing to eat dog food way back in the season 3 premiere, but those Alexandrians are spoiled.

Speaking of food, I thought the strained carrots were just supposed to remind Rick of Judith, not make him think the Wolves took Judith.

• Love 4

Carl was willing to eat dog food way back in the season 3 premiere, but those Alexandrians are spoiled.

Speaking of food, I thought the strained carrots were just supposed to remind Rick of Judith, not make him think the Wolves took Judith.

Is it wrong that I felt so sorry for the poor animals locked in the cage, essentially to dehydrate and starve to death? Broke my heart. Nicholas and the other weak Alexandrians - meh. The pets (and Glenn) made me really sad.

Based on Rick's reaction, I thought the jar of food indicated to him that there was trouble. It's why he then got out his gun and was looking at the side-view mirrors of the winnebago. He knew someone had attacked Alexandria (because of the baby food), and knew immediately he had to stay alert, expect an attack. Plus add to that that Rick couldn't get a hold of Glenn or some of the others...

Glenn so crawled into the dumpster. I don't know how one crawls into/under a heavy metal box that usually is not elevator off the ground, but he so did disappear under there....

• Love 7

But Rick isn't willing to eat dog food so he's just a spoiled Alexandrian at heart ;)

I took the jar of baby food as cluing Rick into why the horn was honking and why he heard gunshots from back home. I doubt he took it as a sign of something Judith specific - other than the form of the clue hits particularly hard on what he left behind there.

On Schrodinger's Glenn, I like him so I hope he lived and I won't think his survival is cheap or shark-jumping so long as they pick up the action from exactly where they left it and show us how he made it. If there is another jump-cut like they did last season, I will be furious.

On Michonne's group being "stupid" in how they went about it - it seemed to me more like a disaster born of small decisions that all went wrong, rather than full-on stupidity. After the girl twists her ankle, it's just a twisted ankle, we can help her and still move faster than walkers. After the other guy is shot, well let's see if any of these cars work. After they waste time checking the cars, lets wrap up his wound before moving on. After they get to the pet store, hey let's do a distraction to lure the walkers and then go. When that distraction doesn't happen, let's hightail it out of here before it's too late. At that point, the injured people had home-made crutches and I guess those two should have chosen to stay behind but I can understand why they wanted to come and their presence didn't kill anyone else ... so it was just each decision led to things getting worse but wasn't crazy in the moment.

ETA - tl,dr - What HalcyonDays said.

Edited by rab01
  • Love 4

Poor Glenn! Like many others have said, I can't believe that they will kill off a major character in a 3rd episode of a season without helping advancing the plot in some way, e.g. saving another character, sacrificing himself so the larger group can survive etc. Even side characters like T-dog, Tyreese and Hershel got that, so I am holding on to my hope that Glenn survives. As for Rick's injured hand, I think it won't be enough to kill him, so he will survive. Not really looking forward to Morgan's backstory. I know he is a badass character but so far his appearances as part of the regular cast has been pretty underwhelming. I guess maybe I prefer Morgan to be remain a minor character just so I can imagine him to be more awesome than he really is.

Edited by Mattipoo

One thing I don't understand is that aside from the Walker plague, and that one time people got sick at the prison, there seems to be no other diseases around.  In an antibiotic free world, a cut like that could be a serious problem,potentially even a death sentence.

It would be kind of cool if one actual perk of the ZA is that whatever this thing is that everyone is infected with acted as some kind of agent that fought off all other infections (although obviously not all diseases-- just bacterial infections OR viral infections, whichever the ZA plague is, and we'll just assume for this little scenario the prison plague was the opposite kind).  Kind of "thou shalt have no other infections before me". 

• Love 5
Is it wrong that I felt so sorry for the poor animals locked in the cage, essentially to dehydrate and starve to death? Broke my heart. Nicholas and the other weak Alexandrians - meh. The pets (and Glenn) made me really sad.

Based on Rick's reaction, I thought the jar of food indicated to him that there was trouble. It's why he then got out his gun and was looking at the side-view mirrors of the winnebago. He knew someone had attacked Alexandria (because of the baby food), and knew immediately he had to stay alert, expect an attack. Plus add to that that Rick couldn't get a hold of Glenn or some of the others...

The thought of all those poor animals abandoned in the pet store definitely got me way more worked up than stupid Sturgess and his stupid hat, or any of the other ASZhats for that matter. Although, I will say, I was impressed that the bit dude intended to keep carrying on and helping until he no longer could. 

I definitely thought that the jar of baby food made him realize someone had been to Alexandria. They're probably the only established community for miles around, and when the horn went off, they had to have considered something went wrong. I think he put two and two together and was like, "Oh fuck!"

• Love 7

It would be kind of cool if one actual perk of the ZA is that whatever this thing is that everyone is infected with acted as some kind of agent that fought off all other infections (although obviously not all diseases-- just bacterial infections OR viral infections, whichever the ZA plague is, and we'll just assume for this little scenario the prison plague was the opposite kind). Kind of "thou shalt have no other infections before me".

I pretend this zombie virus is actually the Kellis-Amberlee virus from Mira Grant's Newsflesh book trilogy. (Cure for cancer & cure for common cold mutated, so no one gets either of those anymore, but everyone's infected and reanimates after death.) This helps a great deal.

Edited by Anithe1
  • Love 1

One thing I don't understand is that aside from the Walker plague, and that one time people got sick at the prison, there seems to be no other diseases around.  In an antibiotic free world, a cut like that could be a serious problem,potentially even a death sentence.

It would be kind of cool if one actual perk of the ZA is that whatever this thing is that everyone is infected with acted as some kind of agent that fought off all other infections (although obviously not all diseases-- just bacterial infections OR viral infections, whichever the ZA plague is, and we'll just assume for this little scenario the prison plague was the opposite kind).  Kind of "thou shalt have no other infections before me".

I pretend this zombie virus is actually the Kellis-Amberlee virus from Mira Grant's Newsflesh book trilogy. (Cure for cancer & cure for common cold mutated, so no one gets either of those anymore, but everyone's infected and reanimates after death.) This helps a great deal.

But - but - the answer is so simple.

The zombie virus either ate the other viruses, or bit them and turned them into little zombie virii.

;)

• Love 8

He knew someone had attacked Alexandria (because of the baby food), and knew immediately he had to stay alert, expect an attack.

Call me a big meanie, but I just hope Carol tells Rick that Morgan let the wolves just walk away (and arm themselves) after their murder spree.

I get all that, which is why I'm hesitant when posting. But by the time I've seen the episode, there are often in excess of 350 posts here. In the time it takes to read them all, there could be 30 new ones, so I dunno...

• Love 2

I'm trying to post a picture and I'm getting "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."

This is a jpg I created and uploaded to Google drive. Sharing is set to public. Any ideas what's going wrong for me?

I also tried putting it in my Facebook photos and FB can't create a link to it. Wha?

I'm trying to post a picture and I'm getting "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."

This is a jpg I created and uploaded to Google drive. Sharing is set to public. Any ideas what's going wrong for me?

I also tried putting it in my Facebook photos and FB can't create a link to it. Wha?

It the file extension. Certain ones aren't allowed to be embedded into the posts.Unfortunately, I forget which ones, but I know that GIF's, PNG's and JPG's are fine, I believe. It happened to me a couple days ago, but I was clicking so fast, I didn't pay attention to which extension didn't work.

Check the URL too - there may be a problem with it.

For your consideration:

Top left and center - check out the gape under that dumpster from a distance. Note the legs are obstructed by debris.

Top right - trash bag obstructing leg. Gives perspective on how high off the ground it is.

Center two pictures - more debris hiding legs, though the trash bag under/behind Glen's head looks different than the one shown in the top right picture.

Bottom two pictures - amount of space under dumpster clearly visible. Note debris hiding left leg has changed from that shown in the first two pics. Now it's a suitcase/portfolio of some kind.

Just sayin'.

12065908_10205031630930427_5725164058095

It the file extension. Certain ones aren't allowed to be embedded into the posts.Unfortunately, I forget which ones, but I know that GIF's, PNG's and JPG's are fine, I believe. It happened to me a couple days ago, but I was clicking so fast, I didn't pay attention to which extension didn't work.

Check the URL too - there may be a problem with it.

I managed to get it to work by uploading it to FB. But it wouldn't let me get a link, so I just copied the URL. Voila, it worked.

It's a jpg, and I have NO CLUE why it wouldn't work from google drive. Tried 3 different ways of accessing the URL. 

In any case, problem solved. Thanks for the input. :)

• Love 3

And couldn't the dumpster be positioned over some kind of trough or depression in the ground? See, I'm still working on my personal theory that there's more to this dumpster than meets the eye

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 3

I honestly wouldn't even mind it. As long as the aforementioned gnomes aren't zombies themselves, of course. Getting miraculously out of a horde of regular-sized walkers only to be taken out by a horde of underpants gnome walkers would add insult to injury.

Edited by Caelicola
  • Love 3

is it wrong that I felt so sorry for the poor animals locked in the cage, essentially to dehydrate and starve to death? Broke my heart. Nicholas and the other weak Alexandrians - meh.

Nope - well if it is, then I'm wrong to.  For me it's because they're innocent and it's long term suffering.  Being eaten alive by a zombie sucks for sure but it's quicker than dying of thirst and hunger, alone, abandoned and scared.  And of course we don't know enough about the Alexandrians to care about them; except Nicholas who tried, but ended up having no redeeming qualities after causing the death of a much, much better person and character - Noah.  And Glenn, as far as we know.

Call me a big meanie, but I just hope Carol tells Rick that Morgan let the wolves just walk away (and arm themselves) after their murder spree.

I think Morgan would tell Rick himself; why wouldn't he?  He's not afraid of Rick nor ashamed of what he did.  I hope Carol mentions that she shot one who was tied up before anyone could find out how many others there are, where they stay and/or what they want.  Rick would have no problem beating on the guy for info. after all.

On Michonne's group being "stupid" in how they went about it - it seemed to me more like a disaster born of small decisions that all went wrong, rather than full-on stupidity.

You make some good points and Michonne was definitely frustrated about having to herd cats.  She has a strong sense of responsibility and I liked seeing her in the leadership role.  I don't picture her abandoning people, like Rick or Carol would, though I wish some thought had been put into storing the injured safely.  Maybe she felt more responsible because she knew this plan of Rick's was a dumb one - and I love Rick, but it wasn't really well thought out.  So she reallly didn't want to abandon the As, who were totally inexperienced. 

Glenn putting ALL his trust in Nicholas was more frustrating to me.  The more I think about it, the more I think we're going to get a miracle save.  Not just because of TTD but because it was a terrible episode for the death of a major character who's been there since the beginning.  I hope the show would do better by Glenn.

If he is dead, I'm OK with at but I want a send off episode of some sort.   It makes sense that not everyone from the beginning would survive.  I HATE that Glenn would be dead because he trusted an idiot rather than taking his own lead.  He did it (took the lead) before, when he told Nicholas that he (Nicholas) wasn't ready for a mission.  I also don't like the theme that these reclamation projects are useless and will get you killed.  Someone has to step up and be worthy of trust; the main group have all screwed up one way or another, resulting in dead bodies; seriously, if you can't think of a direct one, there's at least six degrees of separation.

If not, what's the point of going on?  To just hole up behind your walls?  That would make a boring show.  It's also not that interesting that everyone they run across is helpless/useless or totaly teh evill!!!  I'm pretty sure I'm here for the long haul even with these criticisms, I'm totally invested in our main characters but I don't want it to be predictable. 

Yeah, it's a cheap cop-out to make us wonder about Glenn but I'm looking forward to Morgan's episode.  If anyone can carry that it's Lennie James, unlike those awful Phillip episodes; plus it didn't help that I didn't care that character at all. 

• Love 3

Just watched now. Awesome episode...Zombie and Wolves! Love it.

The saddest part of the episode was (not Glenn's death because I don't believe for a minute he's gone) was the sight of the cat that appeared to starve to death in its cage with nobody to feed it in the pet store.

Yeah, I would agree with anyone who thinks they deliberatly got all the African Americans home safely as an "in your face" to the criticism they've gotten over the years for how many black characters they have offed...usually in quick sucession.

Call me crazy but Sturgis seemed like a shout out to the nerdy victim in FRIDAY THE 13TH part Six that shot Jason with a paintball during a survivalist game and then ran away just like Sturgis. They seemed to be wearing the same hat...and of course the guy in the movie was next seen completly dismembered by Jason.

Anway the show has been on FIRE since its return! Great run of episodes...that's why I am very very nervous if next week is an all flash back episode to Morgan's saga. He gets my vote for the most ruined character. I didn't like what they did with him in CLEAR and I don't like the way he is now. I want the Morgan from the pilot!

• Love 1

I honestly wouldn't even mind it. As long as the aforementioned gnomes aren't zombies themselves, of course. Getting miraculously out of a horde of regular-sized walkers only to be taken out by a horde of underpants gnome walkers would add insult to injury.

In my opinion, it would add hilarity to injury.

• Love 3

Maybe the dumpster is the Tardis and Glenn was transported back in season 1 to help Rick out of the tank, and that's why we had the "dumbass" callback...

Yes. I floated that idea back a bunch of pages. If there is a storm drain or some type of water drain underneath the dumpster, then he may get in there and be relatively safe to get away. Most storm drains where I live flow out to a river or some type of stream. 

I think Glenn is about to find a tunnel to the lair of the underpants gnomes.

I always appreciate a good "underpants gnomes" reference.

So I read an article today (I think it was on Huffington Post) that said Nicholas seems to run out of bullets before his "suicide," thus giving the "he just zoned out again"/hallucination hypothesis more credence. Can't confirm as we already deleted the episode from our DVR (my SO has no mercy for watched things).

Edited by Disraeli Ears
  • Love 1

Regarding the idea of characters giving up and letting themselves get killed: I still think the smartest character in the show was the woman in the first season who decided to stay with the doctor at CDC HQ as he blew that mother up. Even if you manage to survive for a while, what kind of a world will you be living in, particularly since everyone is infected with Z-fever?

• Love 2

Regarding the idea of characters giving up and letting themselves get killed: I still think the smartest character in the show was the woman in the first season who decided to stay with the doctor at CDC HQ as he blew that mother up. Even if you manage to survive for a while, what kind of a world will you be living in, particularly since everyone is infected with Z-fever?

I agree, and I really started to dislike Dale then for emotionally manipulating Andrea into leaving when hers was a perfectly valid decision. I actually can't think of a worse way to die than being pulled apart sloooowly by zombies; gimme sudden instantaneous death any day!

• Love 4
I agree, and I really started to dislike Dale then for emotionally manipulating Andrea into leaving when hers was a perfectly valid decision. I actually can't think of a worse way to die than being pulled apart sloooowly by zombies; gimme sudden instantaneous death any day!

I think Dale was coming from a place where he worried Andrea was too emotional to be making that decision. Jacqui was very clear and level-headed and just decided this world wasn't for her. Andrea had just lost her sister and was in a seriously fucked up place, mentally. I'm guessing Dale thought if she had a few more days she wouldn't have wanted to off herself. But yea, it really wasn't his place, and given my hatred of Andrea, I wish he would have just left her alone. 

Frankly, I'm surprised we haven't seen more "opting out" in our group. We've seen a couple small examples of unknown characters - like the dude in the bathtub above Tara's apartment - but I find it odd that more and more people wouldn't get sick of this crap and decide to give up. 

• Love 2

Frankly, I'm surprised we haven't seen more "opting out" in our group. We've seen a couple small examples of unknown characters - like the dude in the bathtub above Tara's apartment - but I find it odd that more and more people wouldn't get sick of this crap and decide to give up. 

But it just goes to show: No matter how dark it gets, there's always a turtle around every corner!

• Love 7

Ok so I have a few questions about this episode- Why didnt they try to rub some of the insides of the dead all over themselves like they did when in Atlanta? (Rick and Glenn did this to get Ricks guns) It worked there until it rained why not now? Also why not get some pets like Shimone had with chains to walk along with the walkers unnoticed? If these things worked before why not trying them again? And I think Judith is gone too with Enid.

I think Dale was coming from a place where he worried Andrea was too emotional to be making that decision.

I think he was coming from a place where he still had faint hopes of getting in her pants. :p

All kidding aside, I bet a lot of people did opt out. But the instinct to try to survive - against even hopeless odds - usually wins out, especially when people are young as the members of  CDB are.  

• Love 3

I think Michonne was constrained by (aside from plot) her desire to been seen as a worthy Alexandrite. For some reason I cannot understand she was trying to prove her humanity to Heath and the others when what she should have been doing was following Rick's lead and making them prove themselves to her. 

I don't think Michonne had to or needed to prove anything, especially in their current situation. But what exactly did Heath have to prove to her and why? I mean Heath at least has experience with going on runs and in their current situation he didn't need to be waisting time trying to prove anything to Michonne. And really, in the long run, if Heath doesn't measure up to their standards, what exactly are they going to do?

Edited by GodsBeloved
  • Love 1

You know, the next time Rick gives one of his "crazed-but-understandable" speechs about how you "must go forward. If there's something in your way, kill it," he's going to have to add:

"And if you come across any pet stores, or toy stores, or candy stores, you must not go into them. Just keep going. We can always send someone back for the dead hamster."

Edited by JackONeill
  • Love 2

Isn't Beth the only one who has attempted to opt out since Andrea? We did see more people taking that route in the beginning of the ZA. The farmer and his wife from the pilot spring to mind, as does "Got bit. Fever hit. World gone to shit. Might as well quit." guy.

Edited by Rosiejuliemom
  • Love 1

The most frustrating thing about this show is how forgetful TF is about things that work, and how to use them.  Like the fore mentioned walker guts and pets.  They KNOW these things work, yet only Andrea and Carol have been shown to use them after the original discovery.  It's just insulting to the viewers and characters.

ETA:  Abe was in the middle of opting out when Eugene found him and gave him a mission that saved both their lives.

Edited by Ocean Chick
  • Love 1

The most frustrating thing about this show is how forgetful TF is about things that work, and how to use them.  Like the fore mentioned walker guts and pets.  They KNOW these things work, yet only Andrea and Carol have been shown to use them after the original discovery.  It's just insulting to the viewers and characters.

ETA:  Abe was in the middle of opting out when Eugene found him and gave him a mission that saved both their lives.

I completely forgot about Abe's Despair Event Horizon! Damn my memory today.

I do get why Michonne, at least, doesn't want to keep permanent walker pets. They seem to remind her of a time when she was in a distinctly non-human mindset herself and she adamantly refuses to go back to that. However, when your safety and the safety of others is at stake, sometimes you need to get out of your own head and use the tools you have at your disposal.

Thinking on it, walker pets may not have been a good idea for last episode's situation, though. Time was of the essence and dragging walkers around would have slowed the entire group, although maybe not as much as being trapped in a pet store and trying to burn another building as a diversion did. Still no reason as to why they didn't make themselves some lovely intestine scarves.