Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I think it was MG who said recently that the more the universe shits on Oliver, the more heroic he becomes. So... yeah, this kind of stupid, pointlessly noble sacrifice would be something they’d make Oliver do.

• Love 1

So, what it might be is they get HT to pretend to be Tommy to extend the case out while they try to defeat Diaz in 622, and with whatever plan in 622 not working we go into 623 where they defeat Diaz but then Oliver chooses to go to prison so they don't have to sacrifice Tommy's innocent name?

Maybe? I mean, Tommy was not happy with Oliver being the Hood and called him a murderer. Oliver probably wouldn’t be thrilled about his kills getting pinned to Tommy forever.

The only thing I can’t reconcile with this theory is SA telling the fan that Oliver doesn’t get outed as GA.

Just now, lemotomato said:

The only thing I can’t reconcile with this theory is SA telling the fan that Oliver doesn’t get outed as GA.

Or that "we can't go back on this! Never been done before!" stuff. Might just be that Oliver gets arrested for conspiracy or something (say if HT ends up dying) and that SA/the EPs meant that it's something that can't be undone in 701 like how the island cliffhanger was (even though Barry was in jail for multiple episodes, but sure hasn't been done before according to someone who probably doesn't watch the other DC shows).

It kind of makes sense like that, I guess?

If he does go to jail and turns himself in, my preferred reason would this being a tactical move like getting himself captured by Anatoly. Maybe he needs to grapple with a problem in Iron Heights. Otherwise, it's beyond idiotic to get himself locked up with hundreds of violent criminals in whose inarcerations he was instrumental. 

(edited)

He’d also be making a choice to go away from his kid and wife? So I think you are on the right track that there is more to it than just protecting Tommy’s legacy?

Edited by leopardprint
3 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Does Rene take Zoe to the trial? That’s an interesting parenting choice.

And she's wearing a cute hoodie in court where everyone is in formal/professional wear. Awesome parent.

What a cute picture of Felicity and Zoe with a couple of asshole hypocrites! ? 

(I know it's a BTS pic of the actors btw!)

Is it at all possible that Oliver goes to jail for a non GA related thing?

Like maybe something Mayor related? He could blame it on Lance who is dead but, doesn't?

Of course we could just be too literal on the whole Flight situation. Maybe it's more general Oliver gets off on a technicality but, then admits to it anyway (out of guilt/honor/whatever)?

• Love 1

Someone remind me what Quentin signed for Diaz in the last episode? My brain basically switched off so I can't remember. Maybe it's linked to that?

Just now, Angel12d said:

Someone remind me what Quentin signed for Diaz in the last episode? My brain basically switched off so I can't remember. Maybe it's linked to that?

I think it was a deed to a building or something along those lines. But it doesn't matter because he ripped up the contract and said he was just using that transaction as a test to see if he could get Quentin to do what he wanted, and he could. 

I do not even remember him ripping it up. Wow. I really do zone out when that dude's on screen. ?

44 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

RIP...someone?

Or are we just in for lots of emotional goodbye scenes?

1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

Ok, so there's a chance that I just misread Stephen's response here, but I'm chuckling at the idea that he could be saying that season 6 finale is shit. 

It is definitely the theme of the season, it totally has gone to the sh$ts.

• Love 1

LOL. But isn't the day before the episode kind of late to be doing press about it? I guess writers are gonna be on some pretty tight deadlines.

• Love 2

Ugh. Confirmation. 

'Arrow' Star Paul Blackthorne to Exit After Season 6

Another original star is exiting The CW's Arrow.

Paul Blackthorne will depart the younger-skewing broadcast network's DC Comics drama this season.
The actor, who has starred as the beleaguered Detective Quentin Lance on the Greg Berlanti-produced drama, will not return for the drama's previously announced seventh season.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, JJ928 said:

I'm surprised they announced his exit. I kinda feel like he may not be dying now, why give it away if he was?

Yeah, it's weird. And pilot season is over so it's not likely his reps are putting out there to indicate his availability.

From EW:

Blackthorne’s exit comes on the heels of Holland also leaving Arrow back in March. Though the show was recently renewed for a seventh season, season 6 is typically when actors’ initial contracts are up, hence these two exits.

Maybe they fake Lance's death and he leaves town. I could see this as a send off for him and Siren.

Maybe the deal Oliver makes isn't just for himself & his family, but to protect Lance, Digg, and the assholes as well?

6 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

Maybe the deal Oliver makes isn't just for himself & his family, but to protect Lance, Digg, and the assholes as well?

I'm actually way better with Oliver making a big sacrifice so that Lance can ride off into the sunset, rather than to save Felicity. It would prevent all the Felicity hate the latter would inevitably bring, and it would fall in line with SA's "the finale will change everything" promise. (Because even if Oliver gets out of jail in S7, Lance will still be gone.)

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I'm actually way better with Oliver making a big sacrifice so that Lance can ride off into the sunset, rather than to save Felicity. 

Yeah, I could live with that. I obviously don't want to see Oliver go to jail, but making such a huge sacrifice for Quentin would highlight the evolution of their relationship. And I'm good with anything that doesn't result in Quentin's death.

With him leaving, though, I really don't see how Black Siren sticks around. Quentin is literally the only person on the show who cares about her at all. And even if she turns on Dragon and helps Team* Arrow, I still don't think any of them would trust her enough to work with her on a regular basis.

• Love 8

Yeah Lance leaving pretty much guarantees that BS is gone, I mean what is there in star city for her. She desperately wants to dip and so far her only concern is protecting Lance. If Diaz does take over the city and she goes against him, I can't see her sticking around if she survives.

If whatever "reasons" KC has for getting the contract to come back in the first place remains she will still come back even if it makes no sense and in this instance it might not even be up to the writers. I am half wondering if they'll inflict Nazi Siren on us next! 

• Love 7

While I think a Quentin death could affect both Sara and his not Daughter "Laurel",  I will be sad if he dies. For a split second reading EW's article on this I thought maybe there was a chance PB would move over to Legends, but I soon realized that's unlikely. His departure was probably announced now because his role in something else is about to be announced.  

Paul Blackthorne will not be returning to the flagship CW super show as a series regular for season 7

8 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

If whatever "reasons" KC has for getting the contract to come back in the first place remains she will still come back even if it makes no sense and in this instance it might not even be up to the writers. I am half wondering if they'll inflict Nazi Siren on us next! 

well all that was announced last year was that she was a series regular for season 6, nothing beyond that was stated, so if she was to be back for season 7 then that means the show wants her back and not because she has a contract. There is no difference between siren x and the current siren, so I doubt they would go that route. 

14 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

She got a 1 year contract ... if she is back its because she signed a new one ... but that is still debatable. Since she has been kind of quiet regarding s7. 

26 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

With him leaving, though, I really don't see how Black Siren sticks around. Quentin is literally the only person on the show who cares about her at all. And even if she turns on Dragon and helps Team* Arrow, I still don't think any of them would trust her enough to work with her on a regular basis.

I was afraid it meant BS would stick around. If Lance dies to save her, leading to her redemption (ugh), I'd think that by Arrow-verse logic (i.e. NTA is totally in the right and should never have to apologize for their fault in the whole breakdown of the team) that the team would now completely trust her because OMG, she's Laurel who was good and kind and Lance was right to think that BS could be his daughter, so the team embraces her and she and Rene and Curtis and Dinah can make snarky, disrespectful comments to and about Oliver while Diggle nods solemnly and agrees with them about Oliver being the worst. Bring on season 7! 

3 minutes ago, bethy said:

I was afraid it meant BS would stick around. If Lance dies to save her, leading to her redemption (ugh), I'd think that by Arrow-verse logic (i.e. NTA is totally in the right and should never have to apologize for their fault in the whole breakdown of the team) that the team would now completely trust her because OMG, she's Laurel who was good and kind and Lance was right to think that BS could be his daughter, so the team embraces her and she and Rene and Curtis and Dinah can make snarky, disrespectful comments to and about Oliver while Diggle nods solemnly and agrees with them about Oliver being the worst. Bring on season 7! 

How will the team embrace her ... Oliver is in prison. Felicity wont be welcoming her. Dinah and her gang neither. 

• Love 1
(edited)

If CG was right about the show cutting regs because of $$, then I can see KC (if she sticks around) getting another 3 show contract, like she had in season 5. I would imagine, that her pay would be covered by a piece of each shows budget. But I'm not even sure if she will be back, they could just write her off (instead of killing her) and give her guest spots here and there, if they're really trying to save money.

Edited by JJ928
(edited)

Sounds like PB has a new show so I would say that's the reason for his exit being spoiled. Whatever show that is is probably announcing soon. Quentin leaving or dying (I'm betting now on leaving) doesn't mean anything WRT BS, IMO. They'll stick her in there if the higher-ups (i.e. her fairy tale godmother/godfather) keep demanding it. Hasn't mattered in years whether there's a reason tying KC's character/s to the show.

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

How will the team embrace her ... Oliver is in prison. Felicity wont be welcoming her. Dinah and her gang neither. 

If what is speculated is true about Diaz staying, with Oliver in prison... they would need as much help as they can get. Wouldn't be the first time they are forced to work with someone they don't like. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

If what is speculated is true about Diaz staying, with Oliver in prison... they would need as much help as they can get. Wouldn't be the first time they are forced to work with someone they don't like. 

Yeah and Diaz wont be coming after the person who betrayed him? Since she is scared shitless of Diaz i can see her running and saving her own ass.

• Love 2

They are obviously getting rid of the wrong people. Diaz shouldn't be dead weight going into next season. 

But in all honesty, as with Willa, I always thought that they never quite knew how to write for PB and this season he has been given some awful material. I get what they were trying to do but it came across as super creepy and he deserved a better storyline. Whenever he had scenes that had real meat to them, you were reminded how good of an actor he is and what potential they had there. His conversation with Oliver is one of my favourite moments this season.

I am curious how he is going to go out. I guess, I don't want him to die. I wouldn't be surprised though. 

BTW: Who announced it? Because I doubt they'd want to spill that before the season is over. But then again, they are over with this season. It feels like nobody cared much at all for S6. 

Also, why isn't Arrow just turning some characters into recurring. Is that a contract problem? Because some of the newbies would maybe work best in smaller dosage than in 23 episodes. But maybe next season, they will dial down the number of episodes. Who knows. Seems like a lot of changes are happening.

Long story short: I will miss Paul and I will miss Lance. 

• Love 7