Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

13 hours ago, BunsenBurner said:

Could MG and company be trying to do another backdoor pilot with the NTA with the BC as the leader?  If so they ruined 6B and NTA in the Process. 

Nah. Arrow itself is barely getting above 1 million live viewers now. The time for spin-offs has long passed. The writers are just incompetent hacks. That's all. 

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, strikera0 said:

The time for spin-offs has long passed

To be fair, the time for spin-offs long passed after s2 when they tried it 3/4 times in a row (only resulting in 1), yet they still did it multiple times afterwards.

The writers can be sub-par but also starting a mile behind the starting line at the same time.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 2
(edited)

Probably not a spin off, but it might have originally been pitched as an "OTA + Quentin contracts are up next season, let's prove the show can survive without them and with much cheaper actors." Except not so much.

Edited by Featherhat
The word contacts is important
  • Love 8

You know it is really starting to irritate me that ppl keep using Emily calling MG out as an excuse as to why she doesnt have a storyline this year...We all know that if Emily was being punished we'd hardly see her on screen or see her make any contribution to the plot, but that isn't what is happening thus far. All she hasn't got is a side story about her company just like Oliver nor Diggle have a side story outside of this NTA vs OTA thing.

We also keep talking about how he promised a story for her in 6B, but how do we know that wasn't marriage and step mother hood and starting up the company, If I remember clearly, that interview was early on in the season way before Olicity even got back together in 6x03. People just assumed it was something bigger than what we already knew that was spoiled but didn't happen on screen yet.

• Love 11

I'm also thinking that what we've seen of Felicity's company is exactly what TPTB were talking about. EBR's not being retaliated against; Arrow just has hack writers. Four minutes of Felicity working with Curtis probably has MG patting himself on the back for his in-depth story line. 

• Love 17
(edited)
1 hour ago, calliope1975 said:

I'm also thinking that what we've seen of Felicity's company is exactly what TPTB were talking about. EBR's not being retaliated against; Arrow just has hack writers. Four minutes of Felicity working with Curtis probably has MG patting himself on the back for his in-depth story line. 

I'm thinking and I'm prepared to be wrong. Felicity starts up SmoakTech (or goes back with Curtis, yuck) in the last 5 minutes of 623 (the part reserved for setting up the next season).

Then in 701 the Company is up/running and, they can use it for plot purposes (like QC and Palmer Tech were used in the past).

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 7

That’s probably what will happen which is so bad I have no words. They really will have given her scraps this season. ?

11 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

That’s probably what will happen which is so bad I have no words. They really will have given her scraps this season. ?

I don't agree with the premise but, even if she did, so what? Diggle got shit last season and, this year they made up for it with the Tremor and, being GA for 3 episodes. 

In S5 Felicity got several storylines, Love Interest (Billy), Helix/Dark Felicity, and, Olicity reunion (yes, this counts, dedicated a whole episode to it plus scenes in 522/523).

In S4 she got Palmer Tech, Olicity relationship/breakup, her family (Noah/Donna) and, Paralysis.

In S3 she got Love Interest (Ray), Palmer Tech/ATOM and Olicity subtext/text.

I guess I really don't see a problem if this season Felicity takes a back seat so Diggle and, others can get some focus (even if I don't agree that she's getting scraps).

• Love 2
22 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

Wow, for the "cookie/apron gate" being a rumor, you sure sound like a lot of the people who were involved in it, haha. Also - no reason to suggest that people who aren't up in arms about the baking scene aren't actually fans of Felicity outside of Olicity. 

MG is a sexist dickbag, but I would argue that if someone is being punished for speaking out by being stuck in the kitchen doing lady stuff, they generally then do not get asked by the main character for help solving a problem that he can't solve on his own and then get put in a whole bunch of other non-domestic scenes that involve her contributing to solving the issues presented in the episode. I imagine her storyline is not that great because, as shown in multiple ways throughout these past 6 seasons, the people who run and write this show aren't that great at their jobs.

I actually wasn't and don't think any of the people that were are users on this forum. No one needs to be up in arms about anything regarding Felicity or any other character on arrow because me and others are but just because some are fine with what FS has going on for her in S6 that doesn't give them the right to tell fans that aren't to shut up.

Simple as this, there are people cool with FS in S6? fine, if some fans aren't and want to ask more for FS that's no one's business but their own.

"Also - no reason to suggest that people who aren't up in arms about the baking scene aren't actually fans of Felicity outside of Olicity."

Don't know if you're on twitter or not but during a big part of S5 there was a constant flow of tweets to the writers about the lack of story line for FS, as soon as people found out about 5x20 that's when the "wait and see" and the shaming of fans into silence started. Since idk if you're on twitter or not or who you follow/see or not maybe i know or see something you don't on a regular basis? Maybe it's more than just a suggestion, maybe this was actually stated by some. 

FYI i have no problem with people that watch only for Olicity (or any other reason/character) but i would like to have the same courtesy extended to me in return and not get "shaded" because my main reason to watch is Felicity Smoak. 

1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I don't agree with the premise but, even if she did, so what? Diggle got shit last season and, this year they made up for it with the Tremor and, being GA for 3 episodes. 

In S5 Felicity got several storylines, Love Interest (Billy), Helix/Dark Felicity, and, Olicity reunion (yes, this counts, dedicated a whole episode to it plus scenes in 522/523).

In S4 she got Palmer Tech, Olicity relationship/breakup, her family (Noah/Donna) and, Paralysis.

In S3 she got Love Interest (Ray), Palmer Tech/ATOM and Olicity subtext/text.

I guess I really don't see a problem if this season Felicity takes a back seat so Diggle and, others can get some focus (even if I don't agree that she's getting scraps).

That's fine! We don't have to agree. We can all have different opinions here. It's cool.

I just don't think the supposed female lead should get scraps, especially when there is set-up and they rarely follow through. And while your list makes it seem like she's gotten a lot, I've felt like they've failed on many of her storylines and wrapped things up far too quickly. Also I wouldn't say she's taken a back seat so Diggle can get some focus. I'd say he's been shortchanged this season too. Even Oliver which seems crazy to say because he still gets the screentime but I guess it doesn't feel like his show right now? That's the only way I can explain it. And I'd guess SA might feel the same way seeing as he got excited about an Oliver centric episode. 

Anyway, agree to disagree.

To me it's just weird that Arrow sidelines characters for a whole season and doesn't give them a storyline that lasts more than an episode.Supporting,not main characters  fine but not your female lead who has been on the show since season one and is the character that brings the most buzz for years now and is always second in screentime.I really don't get why either Felicity now or Digg in season 5 have to take a backseat and why they can't consistently give them storylines.I feel like most shows manage to do that,especially when they have 23 episodes a season.I think they just waste a lot of time and get repetitive instead of giving what they call core characters actual storylines.But it is something arrow does,I don't even think it's anything against Felicity or something like that.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Cleanqueen said:

We also keep talking about how he promised a story for her in 6B, but how do we know that wasn't marriage and step mother hood and starting up the company, If I remember clearly, that interview was early on in the season way before Olicity even got back together in 6x03. People just assumed it was something bigger than what we already knew that was spoiled but didn't happen on screen yet.

He basically said the SL he was talking about was the company..he even said it wasn’t going to be called Smoak Technologies (specifying it wasn’t because she was going to change her name to Queen so the interview must have been after the wedding). The subject of discussion is mostly if what we saw so far can be described as a SL..

39 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

. I wouldn't say she's taken a back seat so Diggle can get some focus. I'd say he's been shortchanged this season too. Even Oliver which seems crazy to say because he still gets the screentime but I guess it doesn't feel like his show right now? That's the only way I can explain it. And I'd guess SA might feel the same way seeing as he got excited about an Oliver centric episode. 

I feel in the same way. I feel all three of them have taken a supportive role. Maybe also because the only real “connection” a villain has with one of the good guys is BS with Dinah. Usually it’s Oliver/main villain.

10 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

He basically said the SL he was talking about was the company..he even said it wasn’t going to be called Smoak Technologies (specifying it wasn’t because she was going to change her name to Queen so the interview must have been after the wedding). The subject of discussion is mostly if what we saw so far can be described as a SL..

The interview about the smoak tech was in August http://tvline.com/2017/08/09/arrow-season-6-spoilers-felicity-slade-son/

The interview where he talked about a story for Felicity in 6B was in Sept http://collider.com/marc-guggenheim-interview-arrow-season-6-trollhunters-season-2/

so both happened before the show even came back.

So I went looking and finally found it. MG said this: 

“Last season we wanted for her to do her own business storyline, but we got sidetracked by Helix. We are finally doing a business for her [this season],” he says.

He also shared that there’s another storyline coming for Felicity that’s separate from the team.

“We have another story in the back half that I don’t want to spoil,” Marc adds. “But it involves a situation that is separate from the team.”

“We want to avoid her being defined only by her relationship to Oliver and by her activities on the team. We want to give Felicity as much as an outside life as possible while also at the same time have her storylines feel organic and that they are a part of the show.”

So to me, it sounds like that story for 6B isn't her company, it should've been something else.

source: http://www.justjaredjr.com/2017/09/08/arrow-scoop-felicity-will-get-a-separate-storyline-from-the-team-in-back-half-of-season-6/ 

that write up was from this video. I remember watching but I haven't rewatched, I don't have the time to atm but I will later http://collider.com/marc-guggenheim-interview-arrow-season-6-trollhunters-season-2/

(edited)

And when a fan asked him to tease something about Felicity in 6B (back in December I believe) he only mentioned strengthening her relationship with William and working on her company. Unless something else is happening, I think that's probably what he meant for her in 6B.

Edited by Cleanqueen

Personal insults and attacks are not acceptable.  You can disagree, discuss, and debate while remaining civil.  Stop repeating yourselves, there is nothing to win here.  Use the ignore feature if you don't want to read different opinions. 

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Wasn't there a tweet from Emily about slapping Stephen in the butt after every take? Is that for an upcoming episode?

Jan 23 would be either the end of filming for 615 or start of 616.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

What constitutes "scenes"?

Does it mean a few conversations I wonder. 

No idea, this guy shuffles around Olicity stuff when it's there from misinterpreting them to completely ignoring them. I'm taking it to be at least one full scene where Oliver and Felicity just talk one-on-one like they have multiple times this season, especially since apparently Diggle wanting to be GA again comes up.

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Jan 23 would be either the end of filming for 615 or start of 616.

Thank you! I don't know why my brain added the "butt" part, LOL! Very curious if this is gonna make it on the screen and where she actually slapped Stephen. 

• Love 1

Is this spoiler dude the same one from last season but with a different name after he was caught out?

30 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Is this spoiler dude the same one from last season but with a different name after he was caught out?

This guy is definitely a lot smarter about it than the other one. So either he's learned his lesson or it's some other person. IIRC the other guy seemed to have scripts, this guy seems to have actually seen the episode. 

(edited)

I just saw this too so 619 is a write-off for me. LMAO. Enjoy though, BS fans.

Edited by Guest
13 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

It'll be interesting to see if SA hypes her episode like he did 617 (Diggle heavy) and 618 (Oliver heavy). I guess if they're shooting 619 now and it's mostly BS, it explains why SA and EBR have spent so much time in LA lately. 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I think the best part about this is that SA doesn't seem to be filming much of this episode. So it seems like yeah, Oliver and BS will talk in 615 according to the reddit spoilers, but we'll return pretty quickly to the two of them not even being in the same frame/scene. 

• Love 3
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Trisha said:

It'll be interesting to see if SA hypes her episode like he did 617 (Diggle heavy) and 618 (Oliver heavy). I guess if they're shooting 619 now and it's mostly BS, it explains why SA and EBR have spent so much time in LA lately. 

That late in the season and they are spending a ton of time on BS? Shouldn't they be wanting viewers to watch? But then again this season they had prime reason to give OTA more screen time but didn't cause of the infuriating newbs. I want HAWT Olicity Sexytimes in 620 Dammit!

Edited by jay741982
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

For me this was the answer that sealed the deal. That 619 is a write-off. When the main cast aint filming

Yeah, seems like SA and DR aren't even in Vancouver yet. Anyone know how many days 619 has been shooting so far? 

48 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Yeah, and we know Dragon is in it too, from KA's tweet. 

33 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

For me this was the answer that sealed the deal. That 619 is a write-off. When the main cast aint filming. 

I knew that the main cast, besides KC, wouldn't be filming much (SA, at least, heavily implied that he wasn't going to be in 6x19 much as he has been in LA since last week), but when do they finish filming 6x19? And is it really just going to be villain-centric with zero of the heroes or NTA? 

If so, it sounds like it'll be the fourth episode I've skipped in the series (two of the BC episodes in season 3, and Rene's stupid gun episode). 

39 minutes ago, Trisha said:

LOL well he let us know real quick that he wouldnt be in the episode much so I consider that a promotion to say that "hey if you watch the show for me, don't bother watching".

I am thinking they'll most likely film the last two days if anything. They should be done next week tuesday/wednesday. 

• Love 1

It amuses me that they’ve reduced Stephen’s (and everyone else’s) screen time in an episode where KC has a feature role. It’s like a retread of S3 where he was temporarily out of action to make way for her rise as BC. 

12 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Hey, maybe we'll get flashbacks to how BS met 3-Dragon and they planned the whole coup!

Fingers crossed it follows the same formula as all the other villain flashbacks this season and they’re dead by the end of the episode!

• Love 17
26 minutes ago, kes0704 said:

It amuses me that they’ve reduced Stephen’s (and everyone else’s) screen time in an episode where KC has a feature role. It’s like a retread of S3 where he was temporarily out of action to make way for her rise as BC. 

Fingers crossed it follows the same formula as all the other villain flashbacks this season and they’re dead by the end of the episode!

Team Bad take each other out and the true Villains of the season emerge: NTA!

• Love 7

If they actually have an episode that doesn't feature any of the core cast members, I will be 100% convinced this season is one big experiment (that failed). How can you not even have the lead on the show?

Once again, if you have to remove or sideline your main cast to make others relevant, there's a major problem, IMO. 

Let's hope they at least get some scenes. Even so, sounds like one to miss.

(edited)
34 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I wonder if SA's tweet about the first time since Feb 2012 is that he won't film for 619 at all?

It does sound like it. I thought that might have been the case, but then people theorized that he still filmed at least a couple of scenes. But if he's still not back in Vancouver by the weekend, I'll have my suspicions about any of the main cast sans KC being in 6x19. Maybe, just maybe they'll appear in the final scene of the episode. It's just a question of whether it'll be new scenes or footage from a previous episode.

Edited by Lady Calypso

I think david, emily and Stephen are all contracted to make an appearance in each episode so I am sure they will pop up at some point. I wouldn't be shocked if it is the last minute though.

• Love 2