Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

As my grandfather used to say, "None are so blind as those who refuse to see." I'd almost feel sorry for these poor delusional people if they weren't such sexist jackasses. 

Anyway, it all the excitement over the crossover promo, pics, and spoilers, I've had to remind myself that there's an episode this week. I'm interested to see whether Oliver is out of jail in time to cook Thanksgiving dinner, or whether Felicity and William are gonna have to eat ice cream again.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, lemotomato said:

I've seen them speculate that it's a funeral reception, hence the presence of Donna and Noah. No, I'm not joking.

Nothing says funeral like twinkle lights and swaths of white, flowy bunting.  

• Love 12
1 hour ago, LeighAn said:

A funeral reception held in a fancy large venue where people bring presents. It could happen.

Well how do you do funerals?  Can you even call a funeral home a funeral home if it doesn’t have a gift table?

• Love 7
45 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Critics have only gotten the first hour so far but seem to dig it: 

I can't remember a time when critics were very positive about an episode or crossover and it matched my reactions. They were quite effusive with the Season 5 finale and that was a big disappointment, IMO. I better just keep my expectations way, way, way low.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I can't remember a time when critics were very positive about an episode or crossover and it matched my reactions. They were quite effusive with the Season 5 finale and that was a big disappointment, IMO. I better just keep my expectations way, way, way low.

I can't remember a time when the 'critics' have ever really criticised anything when doing post screener recaps. They are really just mouthpieces for the network imo. 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Same. Whenever the critics rave, I’m disappointed. I feel like there’s too much hype going in, and the episode never meets my expectations because of that.

14 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

I can't remember a time when the 'critics' have ever really criticised anything when doing post screener recaps. They are really just mouthpieces for the network imo. 

Quite true. I just realized that these two in particular actually aren't critics. Abrams and Holbrook are entertainment writers, so yeah, closer to network mouthpieces. Somebody like Maureen Ryan is an actual TV critic, with occasional reporting on the side because everybody in media orgs these days wear more than 1 hat.

Holbrook did share this detail: 

33 minutes ago, Hiveminder said:

Well how do you do funerals?  Can you even call a funeral home a funeral home if it doesn’t have a gift table?

I have a buddy who wants his body blown up with helium and walked around the funeral home like a balloon when he dies.  We've all assured him we won't be doing that but offered to blow up some large beach balls to toss around instead.  He accepted this compromise. 

• Love 7

I wish Laura Hurley got a screener.  Her reviews/comments usually were more in line with my reactions.   But honestly, I can't see how they could mess up the first hour of this.  The middle and the end might get tricky but the first hour will probably be mostly froth topped with a big wedding fight scene.  And I'm good with that.  

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

I have a buddy who wants his body blown up with helium and walked around the funeral home like a balloon when he dies.  We've all assured him we won't be doing that but offered to blow up some large beach balls to toss around instead.  He accepted this compromise. 

That seems... logistically problematic. 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I wish Laura Hurley got a screener.  Her reviews/comments usually were more in line with my reactions.   But honestly, I can't see how they could mess up the first hour of this.  The middle and the end might get tricky but the first hour will probably be mostly froth topped with a big wedding fight scene.  And I'm good with that.  

I think she does get screeners. She'd posted about the S5 finale ahead of the broadcast. 

1 minute ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I think she does get screeners. She'd posted about the S5 finale ahead of the broadcast. 

I was thinking her job changed so she wouldn't anymore but I could be wrong. 

1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

So is Colin Donnell returning to be Prometheus? Or is it being recast? Or was that just a foiler?

I would think if they kept Prometheus in a mask most of the time, or locked him up right away in the pipeline, they could have kept Colin Donnell's filming time to a minimum.  So at least it seems feasible that he's there.  And I thought the spoiler was from either (or both) SA and DR?

• Love 1
11 hours ago, LeighAn said:

I just noticed that Curtis and Rene were the only side kicks who made it on to the crossover poster. Wonder what makes them so special?

They're guys with masks? The original poster did have Black Canary albeit she looked nothing like JH. 

12 hours ago, lemotomato said:

I think his goal was to get Olicity fans excited, so they'd be really sad when it's revealed to be fake. Except that, Olicity fans are still going to get a wedding at the end, so his exercise was pretty pointless, especially since he admitted to trolling so quickly.

Good-ish fanfiction about a ship you hate so you can troll their fans? Okay.....so he ended up getting Reddit more worked up than us.

Tommy as Pometheus X seemed to be a thing due to CD flying to Vancouver but with a lot of foilers coming out, I can see why people are suspicious.

Edited by Featherhat
8 hours ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

I kind of assume that if critics are actually critical about screeners before an episode airs, they might find themselves receiving fewer screeners in the future. So most are fairly positive.

Once you get accredited you usually get screeners for the season, usually through a digital site. (I miss the days of physical DVDs. When I worked at a newspaper the arts team used to circulate all the fall TV and Oscar screeners. It was awesome!) But the CW isn't choosing critics to send screeners to episode by episode based on reactions. And there's no way they'd stop giving screeners to people from outlets like these guys (EW and TVG). I've certainly seen critics like Sepinwall and Goodman bash screeners - but then again, I don't think reviewers/ent writers hold up the superhero shows to the same level of expectations as say, The Americans. 

The following crossover comments make me hopeful that they aren't going to try to make us feel sympathetic towards any Nazi characters...

-- MG: "There's - if there's one thing in, you know - in this whole world that is, I think, not subject to - (host interrupted, "that we can all agree on") - we clearly can't, but, you know, objectively, that's not up for debate, it's Nazis. Nazis are bad, period, full stop. ... I draw the line at any sort of like seeing other sides. There is no other side." (Oct. 18, 2017 Comedy Film Nerds podcast, page  403 of Mind Your Surroundings thread)

-- Melissa Benoist: “I did play two characters. I did wear a very different outfit. There’s still a cape and my face is covered and she’s not so nice... It was pretty challenging. I thought it was going to be — I’ve done here and there, I’ve had moments like that on this show with Bizarro and when Martian Manhunter takes over Kara’s body, but this was entirely different. This was not even Red Kryptonite-isque. This was way worse.” (Nov. 20, 2017 CBR article, page 427 of Mind Your Surroundings thread)

ETA: I've posted my summary of "Crisis on Earth-X" crossover spoilers in the S6 Spoiler Archive thread here. It will be updated with any new spoilers that come out before the crossover airs.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Support this - and really rev up some engines...

It amuses me to think the show runners and the actors might actually be surprised that enough fans know about the wedding to perhaps start a trend, lol.  

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Support this - and really rev up some engines...

Has Olicity trended at all this season? It just feels like a huge chunk of those who used to do trends don't do so anymore, judging from the people in my TL. It used to be all Olicity on Arrow Wednesdays with the trends. Now, nothing at all. 

13 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Has Olicity trended at all this season? It just feels like a huge chunk of those who used to do trends don't do so anymore, judging from the people in my TL. It used to be all Olicity on Arrow Wednesdays with the trends. Now, nothing at all. 

Not as many people join in now but for some reason it's also harder to trend? I remember one where we actually had double the tweets than stuff that was trending, it was weird. I don't know how it works tbh.

12 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Not as many people join in now but for some reason it's also harder to trend? I remember one where we actually had double the tweets than stuff that was trending, it was weird. I don't know how it works tbh.

Yeah, a friend was telling me about how Twitter changed the algorithm a couple years back and it has made it harder to trend anything. Less about the number of tweets and more about how many different accounts and where they're tweeting from is my understanding (though I could be totally wrong, my eyes started to glaze over his explanation).  

11 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Holbrook did share this detail: 

The black one? Honestly, I don’t like it. Or to be more precise I don’t like the metal discs or whatever between the strips of fabric.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Yeah, a friend was telling me about how Twitter changed the algorithm a couple years back and it has made it harder to trend anything. Less about the number of tweets and more about how many different accounts and where they're tweeting from is my understanding (though I could be totally wrong, my eyes started to glaze over his explanation).  

Might it have anything to do with how the algorithm  flags stuff as spam so easily now?

So this is posted on Reddit.  It's the same guy that had the spoiler that when Kara found out Overgirl and DarkArrow are married, she says "Gross".  The spoilers seem mostly plausible but not sure so just posting a link here.  *I guess it's supposed to be the Arrow episode part.*  There are a lot of spoilers.  Click on the graphic to be taken to the page with the spoilers. 

Edited by BkWurm1
15 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

So this is posted on Reddit.  It's the same guy that had the spoiler that when Kara found out Overgirl and DarkArrow are married, she says "Gross".  The spoilers seem mostly plausible but not sure so just posting a link here.   I  think it's just the first episode.  There are a lot of spoilers.  Click on the graphic to be taken to the page with the spoilers.

Do you mind posting a brief summary? 

Just now, apinknightmare said:

I hope the "OG is pregnant?" is really just a question based on a misinterpretation of something else, because if it's real...even more yuck. I mean, I should've anticipated as much with SA's answer about real relationships but still...yuck.

IMG_3845.GIF

• Love 1

I still really hate that they're having two Nazis in love. I just don't think it's necessary. You can still have Nazis crash the earth to save Overgirl without the romance. It's gross. (I don't think she's pregnant though. Just reading that thread seems like she gets sick so the OP assumes she's pregnant but it then turns out that she's dying.)

Felicity not wanting to marry Oliver doesn't surprise me after what happened last time but I'm wondering what causes the quick turnaround. 

The "Felicity doesn't want to marry Oliver" bit makes it sound like she should be the one going on the true love journey or whatever that quote about Oliver was, not him. Because this makes it sound like Oliver wants to get married, a bunch of stuff happens and then ... Oliver still wants to get married but then Felicity does too? 

I wonder if it's going to be something like we got on The Flash. Maybe Felicity says she doesn't want a wedding/something like, "see, this is why I don't want to get married," meaning she doesn't want to have a wedding (and considering that fake wedding she had to go through, who can blame her?) because look what happens when everyone gathers for a big event? 

*If that spoiler is true, of course

Edited by insomniadreams88
  • Love 1

Summary :

• Episode starts with the gang in front of the STAR Labs prison where they're holding Prometheus
  • Prometheus is Tommy - he and Oliver talked alone
  • Tommy kills himself after giving Oliver a villain speech
  • Dark Arrow is the leader of the Overgirl/Wellsobard group. He's very bossy. Wellsobard threatens to kill Dark Arrow before he gives an "X" speech - not sure what this is. Overgirl stops him.
  • Cisco is unconscious and not present during the episode
  • Stein is retired and Jax left the Legends
  • A LOT of relationship talks
  • "Tech support" finds where the E-53 gang are hiding, and Barry and Kara go - Oliver shows up a few seconds later.
  • E-53 gang arrives with a stolen piece of tech called "Prism" 
  • Dark Arrow and Overgirl are married - Kara's response is "His wife? Gross. No offense." 
  • Wellsobard isn't convinced of Dark Arrow's dedication to their mission, and thinks that he'll choose Overgirl over completing the mission, to which she says she'll kill herself so he has no choice but to complete it.
  • Mick really likes Killer Frost
  • "More Olicity. Felicity doesn't want to marry Oliver."
  • Tech support finds another E-53 hideout, and the gang all goes but Mick and Killer frost.
  • After beating Mick and KF, Dark Arrow fights BC, WD, and Curtis 
  • There's an Overgirl/Green Arrow fight
  • The whole gang gets captured in Star Labs, leaving only Iris and Felicity.
  • "OG is pregnant?"
  • Overgirl is dying because of "too much solar radiation". She needs a heart transplant - that's why Kara gets kidnapped.
  • The prism releases sun radiation and can weaken Kara
  • The episode ends with the gang waking up in a prison camp on E-X.

I'm sure there were a few randos I skipped - some weren't interesting and that list was a bitch to get through with the spoiler tags. Also the quoted parts are literal. Some is paraphrased.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 7

Is this the same person who spoiled the episodes correctly before, like the "Vigilante being Dinah's ex" stuff?

Edited by Guest
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

No, this is a different person. 

Oh. Haha. I thought it was the same guy which is why I feel like it's more legit. At least, they definitely read like they came from our writers!