Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I'm going to watch the Slade episodes because (1) I find MB to be a charismatic actor (though I don't like him in real life), (2) I want to see what happens with the Vigilante's return and "The Dragon"'s debut, (3) I'm curious about Oliver's big decision, and (4) I feel like these episodes are a test drive for a future Deathstroke series, so I'm also curious to see Liam Hall's acting.

Edited by tv echo
6 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

The worse the episode, the more i need the live thread.  When it's dull, the snark gets me through. 

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been able to watch some of S5 without the live thread. 

While I'm the least excited about an episode that I've been so far this season this week, I do have some hopes for it and next week's Slade hours. Maybe they'll address the fact that Slade left everyone behind on the island since he's in the episode; maybe they've been waiting for him to appear to do so, while 601 was all about Oliver and William when Slade showed up at the hospital. Maybe they'll address the whole "mirakuru made him do it" and if there was a therapist he saw once a week while in ARGUS custody on the island (I'm mostly kidding about that). Maybe we'll actually get that talk Oliver and Felicity said they'd have about Slade on the island (or we'll find out it was off-screen and that's what MG's book is for.) 

Maybe I won't be disappointed by how the Vigilante storyline begins to play out after they made us wait an entire year, gave us quotes about how we'd totally recognize him and then seemed to cast a whole new actor in the role and ... Nope, that's probably going to disappoint me. But maybe I won't hate the Diggle/Dinah scene so much? (Nope, I'll probably still be annoyed.)

Well, at least we have 607 to look forward to after the Slade episodes. 

For some reason I thought 606 would have a decent amount of Felicity in it since EBR was back from filming Flash?

Is it a Slade two parter? 

Should I tone down my expectations? I am expected 605 to be a dud in terms of my personal preferences but was hoping my girl would be back in 606. 

• Love 1

Yes, 605/606 is a Slade Wilson two-parter, but there's other stuff as well. (Check out my spoiler compilations in the S6 Spoiler Archive thread.) It's unclear how much Felicity will be in 606 (which is an Antonio Negret-directed episode).

Recent DR comments make me wonder about the 608 crossover scenes between SA and Melissa Benoist...

-- DR: "Supergirl is much more involved than last time. ... I'm not heavy in 608, which is the crossover episode. So that was the episode I got to be in the editing bay with James Bamford and watch our 608 crossover episode, which again I'm not heavy in. ... [Supergirl star] Melissa [Benoist], I think it just fantastic. The way she and Oliver, particularly, get to play with each other and play within the scenes, is just great. It has a great balance of all the action and even comedy. It's just really well-crafted, well-done and well-written." (Nov. 2, 2017 IGN article, page 10 of New Spoilers thread)

-- When fan asked him for three words to describe the crossover, DR: "I am not really that heavy in the crossover episode, but I sat in the editing room with James Bamford, who directed the crossover episode... Listen, the stuff happening between Stephen and Melissa from Supergirl - really good. You guys are really gonna like that... Our piece of the crossover episode was really, really well done." (Nov. 6, 2017 DR facebook q&a session, page 10 of New Spoilers thread)

I wonder if Earth-X GA and Overgirl are romantically involved? Like an inside joke about how the Kara character is so similar to Felicity.

I wonder what would've happened if MB had been cast as Felicity for 103 of Arrow?

Edited by tv echo

Emily has filmed Flash crossovers before and it not impacted on her Arrow appearances. I mean in season 3 she filmed three Flash crossovers and her Arrow time was only impacted in 1 episode. So I don't think Slade being in two episodes means Felicity won't be. I'm sure she'll have something to do. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, tv echo said:

Yes, 605/606 is a Slade Wilson two-parter, but there's other stuff as well. (Check out my spoiler compilations in the S6 Spoiler Archive thread.) It's unclear how much Felicity will be in 606 (which is an Antonio Negret-directed episode).

Recent DR comments make me wonder about the 608 crossover scenes between SA and Melissa Benoist...

I wonder if Earth-X GA and Overgirl are romantically involved? Like an inside joke about how the Kara character is so similar to Felicity.

I wonder what would've happened if MB had been cast as Felicity for 103 of Arrow?

I've heard that theory floating around but I'm not seeing the correlation between 'you'll like their  scenes' to they are totally going to hook up and have nazi babies guys....like at all? 

It feels the same as Tinah and Oliver are totes going to be in love speccing that went no where.

• Love 3
Just now, tv echo said:

I feel like it's more Oliver and Kara working together especially since they had a little subplot about how Oliver didn't trust Kara for whatever reason, plus SA works best with the upbeat characters.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Is Kara still on the whole “Sugergirl is better”kick? My first thought is Oliver is going to give her some advice on that.

5 minutes ago, way2interested said:

I feel like it's more Oliver and Kara working together especially since they had a little subplot about how Oliver didn't trust Kara for whatever reason, plus SA works best with the upbeat characters.

I feel like it might be a bit of both of this? Which would make sense, given S6 Oliver. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I feel like it might be a bit of both of this? Which would make sense, given S6 Oliver. 

Yeah I'm thinking Oliver is going to be the sagely yoda type to Kara. I mean I'd have to see the tone of the clip but I feel like DR would sell it as something more shocking or surprise twisty if it was a Oliver/Kara nazi hookup. In print the tone more reads like nice bonding moments. 

I will never not be tickled by DR's complete inability to care about spoilers. He doesn't even have to be prodded much and he's all, yup Tommy's in the crossover, Colton is shooting in January, Thea will be fine, etc. I adore him. 

• Love 20
44 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Is Kara still on the whole “Sugergirl is better”kick? My first thought is Oliver is going to give her some advice on that.

Oh, I like that. Personally, my mind immediately went in the same direction as @way2interested's. 

So, DR confirms why there were, from what I recall, zero sightings of Spartan on set during the crossover filming. Maybe Dig's injury takes him out for a bit?

1 minute ago, Velocity23 said:

Yup. Also everybody speculated during s1 that Tommy might become the Dark Archer. 

I am still on that train if Colin ever leaves his med show. That would be a good way to reboot if they go past s6

1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

For some reason I thought 606 would have a decent amount of Felicity in it since EBR was back from filming Flash?

Is it a Slade two parter? 

Should I tone down my expectations? I am expected 605 to be a dud in terms of my personal preferences but was hoping my girl would be back in 606. 

I don't think there's going to be much Felicity in 605 or 606 tbh. Mainly because of the Slade two-parter and also because EBR was filming The Flash. I think the 605 subplot goes to Dinah/Vigilante and the 606 subplot is where we're introduced to Richard Dragon so that will probably be more of a Diggle story. So I'd expect minimal Felicity in the next two episodes. Just IMO.

38 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I will never not be tickled by DR's complete inability to care about spoilers. He doesn't even have to be prodded much and he's all, yup Tommy's in the crossover, Colton is shooting in January, Thea will be fine, etc. I adore him. 

This. It's great because it gives people things to look forward to. The amount of times I would've just given up if I didn't have spoilers keeping me going. Haha.

44 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Oh, I like that. Personally, my mind immediately went in the same direction as @way2interested's. 

So, DR confirms why there were, from what I recall, zero sightings of Spartan on set during the crossover filming. Maybe Dig's injury takes him out for a bit?

Spartan is in the crossover theres a BTS video of an LoT fight scene (along with Wild Dog IIRC - group fight scene) and probably in the Flash episode. Seems like DR was saying he didn't film much for the Arrow Crossover episode (608) which seems to be the busted up wedding.  I'm hoping a pissed off Diggle is like no way I'm going to the wedding of the guy who deleted my daughter. Then gets called in after the evils show up which would be the Flash/LoT.

• Love 5

I don't think I've seen that video. Cool.

1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I'm hoping a pissed off Diggle is like no way I'm going to the wedding of the guy who deleted my daughter. Then gets called in after the evils show up which would be the Flash/LoT.

?

52 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I'm hoping a pissed off Diggle is like no way I'm going to the wedding of the guy who deleted my daughter. Then gets called in after the evils show up which would be the Flash/LoT.

Yeah, I really hope there's at least a little bit of testiness over Baby Sara when he first sees Barry (even though he eventually ends up officiating his wedding).

Since DR said that Lyla will be back in 605 or 606 (though he told us 607 at FanExpo -- he never seems to be able to keep the ep numbers straight), I'm guessing he will be the focus of the B story for the next two eps, so Felicity won't be in them as much.

• Love 1

Most of the stuff DR talked about-- Tommy/CD and Colton coming back, Dinah and Vigilante-- was already spoiled or at least speculated. He just confirmed. It's different from when he and SA were all "wedding wedding Olicity wedding!" at the con in the summer.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Most of the stuff DR talked about-- Tommy/CD and Colton coming back, Dinah and Vigilante-- was already spoiled or at least speculated. He just confirmed. It's different from when he and SA were all "wedding wedding Olicity wedding!" at the con in the summer.

There are a lot of things that are spoiled by outside sources such as Paps but its one thing from someone on the show to confirm them or spoil them.

18 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

He and SA got chewed out over the summer for spoilers.  I guess he's back to not caring.

Did they? Yeah I guess not. He's always spoiled things in the past but I feel like after S4 he wasn't worried about getting killed off and he's goes balls to the wall at times.

2 hours ago, lemotomato said:

Yeah but I have to admit my mouth dropped with the Tommy comment. I was like uhhh ohhhh.

Hehe, it's probably only a reception. Or maybe a ring exchanging ceremony? But I like to get excited about these things!

4 minutes ago, DrSpaceman10 said:

I'd trade a second (third?) wedding for a first dance, haha. 

Tbh all I want is them to exchange rings and say something beautiful to each other (because I know SA and EBR would kill those type of scenes) and for Oliver to call Felicity his wife or Mrs Queen. I'm not fussy or anything! Haha.

Edited by Guest

Arrow - GreenArrowTV

@GreenArrowTV@EmilyBett demonstrates how William is getting taller and taller every time she sees him. #Arrow

Is that the actual conversation or is that a sarcastic commentary on the picture?