Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

OLIVER AND FELICITY CELEBRATE THANKSGIVING WITH WILLIAM — Oliver (Stephen Amell) celebrates Thanksgiving with his family but the happy moment is interrupted. Meanwhile, Black Siren (Katie Cassidy) returns to wreak havoc on the holiday. Gord Verheul directed the episode written by Wendy Mericle & Speed Weed (#607).  Original airdate 11/23/2017.

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-6-7-spoiler-description-an-olicity-thanksgiving/

2 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

I feel your pain. I can watch live tonight, but I realized the other day that I'm going to be in China the week of the crossover and at sea during the mid-season finale. *weeps*  Had I realized all the Olicity goodness we were going to get this season, I would have scheduled my trip for January.

I was at sea during 5x19. I (kinda) feel your pain!

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

I feel your pain. I can watch live tonight, but I realized the other day that I'm going to be in China the week of the crossover and at sea during the mid-season finale. *weeps*  Had I realized all the Olicity goodness we were going to get this season, I would have scheduled my trip for January.

That’s dedication!

• Love 1

Today is the best day. 

Felicity having to work through the repercussions of Helix and releasing Cayden James last season is everything I wanted for the fallout of Havenrock but never got. I'm so happy.

14 minutes ago, Chaser said:

So I'm assuming Felicity is arrested in the MSF and all I can say is Noah better stick around to help clear her name and tangle with his old buddy Cayden James.

I like that they're going to give Felicity ramifications for her actions just like they give Oliver :) I can't wait to see this. Hope we see it affect Felicity in future episodes.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

They better tell us why CJ went to the island!

We'll get it. I can't see them passing on some kind of LOST imagery let a lone reference/Easter egg. 

5 hours ago, calliope1975 said:

It's all leading up to an epic, 9 pm, bare booty shot, sexathon when they are reunited. I deem it so. 

If only it was on HBO/Showtime/Cinemas! I'd be getting some Bare EBR Booty(if she was willing lol)

10 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

celebrates Thanksgiving with his family
his family

his family

family

SQUEEES!!

7 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

They better tell us why CJ went to the island!

According to WM Siren gives him an emotional edge, since she's Laurel's doppelganger. I'd love to know how he knew about the island but this is arrow, so who knows if they'll ever reveal that lol.

• Love 4

^^^ Helix has eyes everywhere - even on Lian Yu. ;)  Cayden probably had drones following Black Siren and monitoring the island.

They're really setting up the cabal of villains one episode after another. Black Siren was already introduced. Cayden James was introduced in 604. The Vigilante will return in 605. Richard Dragon will be introduced in 606. Black Siren returns (again) in 607. And we know Anatoly returns in 609.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

Alert! In today's Superhero Insider podcast, EW's Natalie Abrams said that she'll have interviews with MB, SA, EBR and DR next week.

Apparently Natalie's set visit to Arrow happened when they were shooting Slade's two-parter, during a scene when Slade goes to Oliver's apartment.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I wonder if the idea that "not everyone is happy that Oliver is helping Slade" would be from both Diggle and Felicity or just one of them. They didn't give much time for Felicity's reaction to Oliver saying that Slade needs his help but it didn't look too happy (although it might have been more due to interrupted dessert more than anything), but then neither of them were happy to see Slade helping them out in 523 either. Kind of hoping it's both of them in that case.

I hope it is not Felicity. Not because she should be happy with him wanting to help Slade, but for one simple reason: I feel as though she always gets so much unnecessary hate if she voices her opinion on such matters. Which shouldn't stop her but at the moment, I want her to not be the one on the other side. She already told Oliver how unhappy she was about him working with Malcolm in Season 3. Maybe it should be Diggle's turn and she should just support his decision regardless of her own opinion. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, tv echo said:

They're really setting up the cabal of villains one episode after another. Black Siren was already introduced. Cayden James was introduced in 604. The Vigilante will return in 605. Richard Dragon will be introduced in 606. Black Siren returns (again) in 607. And we know Anatoly returns in 609.

I was really hoping they would space out the reveal of the villains and we won't find out about the cabal until S6B. Arrow tends to lose momentum after the winter break and I was hoping they could stretch out the introductions so we don't get too many fillers.

I'm not expecting any big Olicity developments in the next two episodes, but I do wonder what happens to change Felicity's mind about appearing at public functions with Oliver as his significant other, since she demurred when Oliver mentioned it at dinner last night, but we have those pap pics of them at an event in 607.

• Love 2

Yeah, I want to know what changes too because Felicity was saying how she wants to ease into those public appearances but we all know 607 is coming and then they get married so, haha. Something must happen to move things along.

Wasn't episode 5 specifically mentioned in an interview in the discussion about the start-up? My guess is with a name/product, things are going to move along now for her there. And I'm assuming that we'll see Curtis doing some work when it comes to the start-up as well. So she won't feel stretched so thin?

• Love 3

Are we sure Alena is on the up and up?  She seemed genuine but Cayden James didn't want his fingerprints on the internet firewall being taken down.  Did he just take advantage of a situation presented to him or did he use Alena to manipulate Felicity? 

• Love 2

I really hope Alena isn't secretly evil because I really like her but I wouldn't be shocked if she was.  I think it's also possible that Cayden did use her to manipulate Felicity but she didn't know about it, he simply knew she'd go to Felicity and used that.

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

I think it's also possible that Cayden did use her to manipulate Felicity but she didn't know about it, he simply knew she'd go to Felicity and used that.

Yeah, I'm thinking that that was actually the whole plan, using Felicity's drive to save Alena/the city against her to enter the vault and leave her finger prints there to frame her later.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Chaser said:

So I'm assuming Felicity is arrested in the MSF and all I can say is Noah better stick around to help clear her name and tangle with his old buddy Cayden James.

I know the odds are against me since they'd probably need TA to stick around for a few episodes but what if Noah took the fall for his daughter?  

6 hours ago, Belinea said:

I hope it is not Felicity. Not because she should be happy with him wanting to help Slade, but for one simple reason: I feel as though she always gets so much unnecessary hate if she voices her opinion on such matters. Which shouldn't stop her but at the moment, I want her to not be the one on the other side. She already told Oliver how unhappy she was about him working with Malcolm in Season 3. Maybe it should be Diggle's turn and she should just support his decision regardless of her own opinion. 

I don't want her to be really against it because I'm assuming there just isn't time for them to work it through.  She could be just a normal level of concern where she's worried, Oliver says a couple things and then she's supportive of him and trusting him while still not trusting Slade.  I could handle that, but not a big argument since it would be a step backward from where we left off in this week's episode.  

2 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Wasn't episode 5 specifically mentioned in an interview in the discussion about the start-up? My guess is with a name/product, things are going to move along now for her there. And I'm assuming that we'll see Curtis doing some work when it comes to the start-up as well. So she won't feel stretched so thin?

That and I assume she feels less stretched and stressed because she will let herself depend on Oliver like he'd relied on her.  I think that's one of the lessons she will take from Reversal.  

• Love 1

I'm going to guess that Cayden James has hacked ARGUS and knew about the island through them? 

I think it's a bit odd that Oliver retired from being GA and then two episodes laters he traipsing off to who know's where to save Slade's kid from who know's who. I wonder how they will explain it. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I don't want her to be really against it because I'm assuming there just isn't time for them to work it through.  She could be just a normal level of concern where she's worried, Oliver says a couple things and then she's supportive of him and trusting him while still not trusting Slade.  I could handle that, but not a big argument since it would be a step backward from where we left off in this week's episode. 

Yeah, I'd want at least a little concern or push back (or at least some snark about helping Slade), like I'd imagine that she'll (or Diggle) be the exposition dialogue asking about how can Oliver do it if he's not being a vigilante anymore, what if the FBI follows him, etc. for Oliver to answer to give the plot an "ok" to start.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I know the odds are against me since they'd probably need TA to stick around for a few episodes but what if Noah took the fall for his daughter?  

I was actually coming here to suggest this. Shouldn’t Noah technically still be in prison? It could be one of those, “I belong there” things and then we get Felicity working to do everything she can to prove Cayden’s guilt. I want Felicity actively part of this storyline, and it would be hard to have that with her in prison. Then again, they’d probably give her computer access since they gave it to Brie in S4. 

If they do this, they’d only need TA for a couple episodes, really. They can do a lot with Noah off-screen and not need to have TA there. 

I just want at least one scene with TA and ME and at least one scene with EBR, TA and ME. I don’t think that’s too much to ask for. 

10 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

I think it's a bit odd that Oliver retired from being GA and then two episodes laters he traipsing off to who know's where to save Slade's kid from who know's who. I wonder how they will explain it. 

He feels he owes Slade since he sort of helped Oliver find his son and then left all his friends on the island to fend for themselves?

Plus it’s about Slade’s son and sons are super important on this show. 

Wasn't there a clip of Oliver hugging William in one of the trailers? Wonder if that’s him telling his son, “so, I’m headed off to help this guy who maybe can’t be trusted, without my team as backup, but I’ll definitely be safer than I was with my team having my back as Green Arrow. See you soon!”

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

That and I assume she feels less stretched and stressed because she will let herself depend on Oliver like he'd relied on her.  I think that's one of the lessons she will take from Reversal.  

Yeah she also abandoned their dessert to run around and help with something she feels guilty about so she should get that impulse, even if Oliver rebonding with Slade is not the safest idea in the world. I'm assuming EBR will have very little time in this ep due to filming for The Flash anyway so there's probably not time for a big argument about it. And anything they say about it in ep 6 will be with the fallout of what happened not "this isn't a good idea" (I'm assuming.)

Noah taking the fall for her could definitely work and make sense for the character as we last saw him. 

I doubt Felicity will be really against it. I imagine she'd act like @BkWurm1 has suggested. They are all happy families in Ep 7 I doubt she's going to be very upset with him 2 eps earlier.

She'd be worried as anyone would be if your other half was taking off with Slade. I hope she has time to express concern though. I'm kinda worried that she's off on Flash so they won't even have that. 

• Love 2

I figured her love interest would probably be a side character, which makes a Vincent = Vigilante reveal all the more likely. It's too bad that the pics are so blurry. I would love to know who the actor is. 

Edited by strikera0

Better pic from the Hollywoodnorth.buzz article linked in yvrshoots' above tweet...
arrow-dd4-3-2.jpg?resize=1024,682

Lol - this is what papp wrote in that article:

Looks like we’re going to learn more about Dinah Drake (Juliana Harkavy) in Arrow season 6. Production filmed a Dinah walk-and-talk with an Oliver Queen-type along the Vancouver seawall. Drake used to be a Central City police detective until Oliver recruited her as the new Black Canary on Team Arrow.

Edited by tv echo
3 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Better pic from the Hollywoodnorth.buzz article linked in yvrshoots' above tweet...
arrow-dd4-3-2.jpg?resize=1024,682

Lol - this is what papp wrote in that article:

I mean the Flash compared The Elonganted man to Oliver Queen. These comparisons are too broad lol. 

• Love 4

That guy kinda looks like Dinah's "deceased" partner/lover, Vince Sobel (played by Clayton Chitty). If that's him, then I don't understand WM's talk about being in the casting process (assuming he's Vigilante) - unless Chitty wasn't available so they cast someone else who looked like him.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Not getting my Dinah/Lance hookup ?

Well never say never, this is Arrow after all. If Donna and Quentin had worked out he'd have been Oliver's step father in law after having potentially been his bio-father in law. Twice. 

I feel Lance needs to accept Laurel's death and BS before he should think about dating another woman named Dinah who carries the "legacy" and look of his two daughters and who is engaging in a lot of battles with the doppelganger of his beloved daughter. Like it's not the healthiest relationship proposition ever. S7 maybe?

I mean the Flash compared The Elonganted man to Oliver Queen. These comparisons are too broad lol. 

Yeah I mean Hartley Sawyer did a good job as Dibney but looks absolutely nothing like SA in any way beyond them both being white men I guess. But maybe they wanted to set up another "Iris is attracted to Oliver" joke before the crossover.

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, tv echo said:

That guy kinda looks like Dinah's "deceased" partner/lover, Vince Sobel (played by Clayton Chitty). If that's him, then I don't understand WM's talk about being in the casting process (assuming he's Vigilante) - unless Chitty wasn't available so they cast someone else who looked like him.

Casting process could mean recasting to account for an expanded role - kind of similar to what happened with Sara Lance. Clayton Chitty's biggest acting credit to date was as Kevin Federline in the widely-panned Britney Spears Lifetime biopic. He is not a good actor, unfortunately. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, lemotomato said:

I'm not expecting any big Olicity developments in the next two episodes, but I do wonder what happens to change Felicity's mind about appearing at public functions with Oliver as his significant other, since she demurred when Oliver mentioned it at dinner last night, but we have those pap pics of them at an event in 607.

I was thinking about this and Oliver leaving town to help Slade, I wonder if Felicity is going to step in with William and it prompts her to change her mind for some reason.

• Love 2