Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

The impression I got from the journos live tweeting the premiere is that they were annoyed with the lack of cliffhanger payoff. They seemed frustrated with the limitations that were put on them for basically nothing. 

Based off of WMs comments, I think they were aware they misstepped.  It wouldn't surprise me at all if they decided to it would be better to give the press ep2. 

• Love 8

The last time entertainment writers were this excited was the finale and that was a dud for me. And seeing Craig from GATV being excited about the ep tells me there's a lot of the masks I find annoying in it. I do admit to being kinda curious to the big name drop, if it lives up to expectations. I don't know if Damian Holbrook was just trying throw off people but he seemed to suggest it could be a real person instead of a fictional character. 

• Love 4

This one has me thinking it's not Bruce Wayne/Batman because well Batman has been mentioned on SPN many times and Dean said "I'm Batman" but it's possible this reviewer doesn't watch anything about SPN and specifically that particular line so not rule it out.

Otherwise, for a spectacular SWERVE:  Vigilante is Bruce Wayne from Gotham and SA is fighting him on top of the car, pulls off his mask or makes remark about 'So, what, you're from Gotham City? You think you're the Dark Knight?

31 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

The last time entertainment writers were this excited was the finale and that was a dud for me. And seeing Craig from GATV being excited about the ep tells me there's a lot of the masks I find annoying in it. I do admit to being kinda curious to the big name drop, if it lives up to expectations. I don't know if Damian Holbrook was just trying throw off people but he seemed to suggest it could be a real person instead of a fictional character. 

Hahaha, I had forgotten about that. I had the same reaction to the finale so I think you are probably right. One person did say it had good scenes for Felicity and Diggle though.

• Love 1

Putting this out there if it's not Batman- which I still think it is- could it be a Marvel character? I only say this because Damian Holbrook called it 'ballsy' which Batman isn't really that ballsy is it? 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Putting this out there if it's not Batman- which I still think it is- could it be a Marvel character? I only say this because Damian Holbrook called it 'ballsy' which Batman isn't really that ballsy is it? 

Talking about your secret identity to the press definitely recalls Tony Stark's "I am Iron Man" scene. But they couldn't possibly reference that on a DC show...could they?

• Love 2

I'm also leaning towards the name drop being other than Bats or Wondy. Per Twitter (and I can't find the tweet,) the name drop was/is also on Jane the Virgin. I was unclear whether it was already used or will be. (Probably will be or it would have already been spoiled, I guess.)

26 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

I think you might be right because I don't think it would be shocking if they mentioned Batman or Wonder Woman because hasn't Superman already shown up on another show? It would have to be more out of left field than another DC character? 

(I also didn't think Prometheus blowing up the island was that shocking so perhaps I am not as delicate as reviewers . ?)

Edited by leopardprint
1 hour ago, Trisha said:

Talking about your secret identity to the press definitely recalls Tony Stark's "I am Iron Man" scene. But they couldn't possibly reference that on a DC show...could they?

They could simply reference the Marvel movies but somehow I doubt they'd give that kind of promotion to them even if this would be the perfect time to mention the Tony Stark moment.  

They probably are going to mention Bruce Wayne and we are just seeing reviewers that are easily excited.  It's not like I have any expectation of any follow through so they can mention the whole Justice League and it really doesn't matter.  

13 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

They probably are going to mention Bruce Wayne and we are just seeing reviewers that are easily excited.  

That’s what I’m thinking. 

I think the only way I’ll actually even really care much is if they mention anything Marvel because I’ll just be surprised if they do on a DC show. 

I feel like people make a bigger deal out of name drops than they need to, especially now. There was a nod to Lucifer on Supernatural that I liked, but generally, I’m not that impressed or even think about it after the episode is over when there’s any sort of pop culture reference. 

5 minutes ago, tv echo said:

So no need to watch the episode now? Really... why talk up a famous DC name drop and then spoil it in an official advance trailer?

Well reporters can't control what the CW spoils anymore than the EPs. I seriously doubt anyone expected them to spoils the name drop. Also, the reviewers were just reacting to the screeners and AGAIN no one knows what the CW will decide to promote.

SA was also teasing "the coolest name drop that we’ve ever done" (backed up by MG on twitter). It just seems like it would've been better PR strategy to tease the big DC name drop in the 602 producer's preview, which might get a few more eyeballs on Thursday night. Instead, this promo is just like the latest PR strategy that makes me question whether Suzanne someone at CW PR is deliberately trying to sabotage Arrow.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5

At first I thought that TPTB were really hyped about this episode and that's why they gave the press a sneak peek, but it seems like the CW is just being better with getting screeners to reporters this year:

Also, in terms of that promo Oliver needs to bring the snark level down about 70% when dealing with the press. Being a smug, arrogant jerkface is not the way to get them on your side, bud.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, tv echo said:

SA was also teasing "the coolest name drop that we’ve ever done" (backed up by MG on twitter). It just seems like it would've been better PR strategy to tease the big DC name drop in the 602 producer's preview, which might get a few more eyeballs on Thursday night. Instead, this promo is just like the latest PR strategy that makes me question whether Suzanne someone at CW PR is deliberately trying to sabotage Arrow.

I don’t think it matters that it was spoiled. I don’t think that many people who don’t watch Arrow regularly would tune in for just a name drop. But seeing that it’s Bruce Wayne and the context in which he was mentioned might make some people curious enough to watch. 

Provided they ever considered that name drop as anything more than a treat for regular viewers. 

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I'm so underwhelmed by that name drop. 

I'm used to everything being promoted as HUGE, BALLSY, OMG will be something that barely registers on the radar.

• Love 1

I think the name drop is fine and the scene has a nice flow to it. Plus, I appreciate the call back to earlier seasons. Those days of yore when Lance was habitually hunting Oliver down.

• Love 1

They look so good together! Thank you, episode 603, for feeding me so well. 

Edited by Guest

Rereading the episode description, I'm really wondering if Felicity is the surprising source Oliver goes to for help with William. That Big Belly scene plus the call back to their breakup speech, it would fit.

• Love 1

OMG!!!!!!!

Also, the height difference just kills me. Just because there's so much opportunity for lifting ;) If they don't make use of the walls, the couch or the kitchen table that's just right there, I don't know why we're here.

So he comes to visit her late at night, right? She's in PJs

AR603a_0023b.jpg

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 14
2 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Also, the height difference just kills me. Just because there's so much opportunity for lifting ;) If they don't make use of the walls, the couch or the kitchen table that's just right there, I don't know why we're here.

Don't forget the wooden posts in the loft!

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Rereading the episode description, I'm really wondering if Felicity is the surprising source Oliver goes to for help with William. That Big Belly scene plus the call back to their breakup speech, it would fit.

Yeah, unless this scene is near the end of the episode (which the stills usually aren't, I would think), I'm thinking it might be Chekhov's key to be used later in the episode for that plot (that or for another episode, which I wouldn't mind).

6 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Hello Olicity. Welcome to the 9pm time slot!

giphy.gif

SA is finally getting his wish--later time slot with a side boob.

• Love 13