Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

For my birthday I got the Wild Dog after school special episode ?

I got "Jello" one year and Laurel dying the next. April really is the place to be.  ;)

• Love 14

What does defeat of Prometheus look like?  Death would almost be like a win I think.

2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Would Prometheus have had time to find Helix after his plan with Billy failed to split Felicity from Oliver?  510 was right after 509 at the end of it, Oliver said he was going to start looking for the Laurel replacement.  511 opens with them looking and it's during that episode that Felicity is contacted by Helix.

I would think Chase has prior experience with Helix.  He seems to be a very well informed man.  He would be doing more than just physically training for the past 4 years, especially since torture seems to be the goal.  Helix has all sorts of information.  Once Evelyn gave him the names of GA's team he probably paid for information on them.  Since the broken engagement, Felicity might not have been on his radar.  Evelyn put her there.  The only pictures on his board originally were Lance, Diggle & Thea.  Evelyn provided the rest.  When killing Billy didn't make her leave, he tried something else.  

If Helix is anything like the organization in the 2.5 comics then besides being an information broker they also broker hits, etc.  An anonymous individual hired Felicity to kill Green Arrow.  That was a line she was unwilling to cross so she went to him instead and told him what was going on. 

Just now, BkWurm1 said:

I got "Jello" one year and Laurel dying the next. April really is the place to be.  ;)

I reckon it's potentially a good spot for good Olicity to this season so you might be right ;) 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Would Prometheus have had time to find Helix after his plan with Billy failed to split Felicity from Oliver?  510 was right after 509 at the end of it, Oliver said he was going to start looking for the Laurel replacement.  511 opens with them looking and it's during that episode that Felicity is contacted by Helix.

The timeline in my head, could be right might be wrong, is that Prometheus already knew about Helix pre-509. They gave him help with with the horror movie-esque vibes in 509 (phone ringing, opening locks for Oliver to follow him, etc.). Chase executes his plan in 509 to kill Billy to alienate Oliver from Felicity. Then, in 510 he sends in BS to mess with them all even more (and possibly to kill Felicity). However, 510 showed that Oliver and Felicity were still partners and killing Billy didn't really change that. Cue the presumed gap between 510-511 to figure out what to do next while integrating himself into Diggle's case and then 511 when Chase makes the NSA name drop.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Sunshine said:

What does defeat of Prometheus look like?  Death would almost be like a win I think.

I would think Chase has prior experience with Helix.  He seems to be a very well informed man.  He would be doing more than just physically training for the past 4 years, especially since torture seems to be the goal.  Helix has all sorts of information.  Once Evelyn gave him the names of GA's team he probably paid for information on them.  Since the broken engagement, Felicity might not have been on his radar.  Evelyn put her there.  The only pictures on his board originally were Lance, Diggle & Thea.  Evelyn provided the rest.  When killing Billy didn't make her leave, he tried something else.  

If Helix is anything like the organization in the 2.5 comics then besides being an information broker they also broker hits, etc.  An anonymous individual hired Felicity to kill Green Arrow.  That was a line she was unwilling to cross so she went to him instead and told him what was going on. 

I think they are going for the Joker vibe with Promethues. The Joker never really had an outcome in kind he was just a. Unbalanced b. Wanted to make Batman unbalanced and c. Lived for chaos and anarchy.

Thats sort of how Chase comes across to me that he just wants to throw Olivers world into chaos and torture him without wanting power or to ruin star city or and kind of grand scheme. 

So yeah I'm curious what a 'final battle' situation looks like with Pronetheus when he's soooooooo super petty rather then big epic battle villian haha.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

I think they are going for the Joker vibe with Promethues. The Joker never really had an outcome in kind he was just a. Unbalanced b. Wanted to make Batman unbalanced and c. Lived for chaos and anarchy.

Thats sort of how Chase comes across to me that he just wants to throw Olivers world into chaos and torture him without wanting power or to ruin star city or and kind of grand scheme. 

So yeah I'm curious what a 'final battle' situation looks like with Pronetheus when he's soooooooo super petty rather then big epic battle villian haha.

I agree he doesn't appear to want to Oliver dead just ruined through torture, chaos, etc.

For Oliver to win and come out on top does that mean he kills him, captures him and he stands trial, or captures and sends to Lian Yu prison?  I don't care about Snoozan at all but I am curious about the upcoming "battle" between Oliver and Chase, especially if Chase remains the DA.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Sunshine said:

I agree he doesn't appear to want to Oliver dead just ruined through torture, chaos, etc.

For Oliver to win and come out on top does that mean he kills him, captures him and he stands trial, or captures and sends to Lian Yu prison?  I don't care about Snoozan at all but I am curious about the upcoming "battle" between Oliver and Chase, especially if Chase remains the DA.

I put it down to whether the writers want him to stick around past this season. If yes, then maybe he'll end up arrested or in a pysch ward if no then maybe Oliver puts him down.

Petsonally I'm against killing not because I want him to hang around, I kind of find him melodramatic as a villian but I do want Oliver to life to a more nobler position of not killing because until he takes a moral code himself he's not going to be an effective leader in getting those around him to hold a moral code and in a season of everyone chucking their morals codes out the window I think Oliver needs to practice what he preaches in order to bring everyone else's storylines full circle. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I vote for psych ward because I think the actor does wonderful crazy face!

He can come back later and torment them some more. Maybe threaten them when the Olicity baby is due to arrive (but everything will end up fine of course)

Edited by Mellowyellow
Darn autocorrect
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Mine is on April 5th and my eyebrows shot up when it was suggested that Oliver would still be desperately seeking Susan then. I'll take this, please.

• Love 1

In his Mar. 2nd facebook chat, SA said: "Moreover, I think that Oliver's underlying concern is with two parts. One, the fact that this is a microcosm of a larger pattern of behavior with Thea that has led her to want time away from not only the mayor's office, but everybody. So clearly, she is going through something similar to what she went through with her blood lust last year. Currently, Felicity just joined a rogue technology organization that has questionable morals. And neither one of them is talking to Oliver about it."

Well, neither Thea or Felicity are talking to Oliver about what they're doing because they don't trust that he won't just blab whatever they say to his reporter girlfriend.

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, tv echo said:

In his Mar. 2nd facebook chat, SA said: "Moreover, I think that Oliver's underlying concern is with two parts. One, the fact that this is a microcosm of a larger pattern of behavior with Thea that has led her to want time away from not only the mayor's office, but everybody. So clearly, she is going through something similar to what she went through with her blood lust last year. Currently, Felicity just joined a rogue technology organization that has questionable morals. And neither one of them is talking to Oliver about it."

Well, neither Thea or Felicity are talking to Oliver about what they're doing because they don't trust that he won't just blab whatever they say to his reporter girlfriend.

Beyond not talking to Oliver, is SA listening to the words coming out of his mouth? There's such a huge difference from experiencing uncontrollable bloodlust that makes you go HAM on a rando dude at a bar because he said something rude and sexist and attempting to protect your boneheaded brother through questionable means. Am I misremembering Oliver snapping a drug dealer's neck who Thea was going to buy from? And was Oliver not a rogue technology organization with questionable morals when she joined up with him? Yes, there's an argument that these characters have grown past this, but with Oliver's behavior on screen, I don't fault either Thea or Felicity, and Oliver is the only one coming out of this looking bad.

I get what SA is doing and why he's doing it, but come on, dude. 

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 8

I was thinking about that Q&A and how he went off into "Really, this is what's going to break the camel's back?  Look at all these other terrible things Oliver's done" and ending with Thea and Felicity being in the wrong and it feels to me like it was a prepared answer.  That SA knows how garbage this whole Susan storyline is but he's the face of the show and he has to promote it and this is the only way he can think of to do it.

I really want to know what they're thinking in the writers' room.  Do MG and WM know what a mess they've put the show in, or are they still oblivious?  How do the writers feel? Are they proud of their work, or do they want this to be over as much as we do?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, calliope1975 said:

Beyond not talking to Oliver, is SA listening to the words coming out of his mouth? There's such a huge difference from experiencing uncontrollable bloodlust that makes you go HAM on a rando dude at a bar because he said something rude and sexist and attempting to protect your boneheaded brother through questionable means.

He said that because that's the reasoning Thea gave in the show when she resigned from the mayor's office - she compared her obsession with dirty politics to her bloodlust. 

(edited)
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Look at all these other terrible things Oliver's done

That alone should probably end all his further arguments. 

So, the episode about gun violence is all but forgotten, right? Or is that the new initiative. Guns for everyone.

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, apinknightmare said:

He said that because that's the reasoning Thea gave in the show when she resigned from the mayor's office - she compared her obsession with dirty politics to her bloodlust. 

I know; I just think it's a dumb comparison. LOL. I wonder if the writers really believe the two are comparable or if it was the easiest way to get Thea to Off-Screenville. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

I know; I just think it's a dumb comparison. LOL. I wonder if the writers really believe the two are comparable or if it was the easiest way to get Thea to Off-Screenville. 

Sorry, I wasn't sure if you were still watching, haha. 

I thought it was intended as a 'I can't seem to help myself' kinda comparison.

2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Sorry, I wasn't sure if you were still watching, haha. 

I thought it was intended as a 'I can't seem to help myself' kinda comparison.

To be fair, I have skipped a ton of episodes, but since we got the live viewing thread, I've been watching. (It makes my rage much more tolerable. ?)

I hope Thea went to find Roy. Taking the show at face value, Thea has no one. No dad, no mom, no maniacal biodad. Her bro's disappointed in her and a big disappointment. No Team Arrow. From the Thelicity scene, they aren't hanging out much. Laurel's dead. She doesn't have a support system which I'm sure she desperately needs. I hope she finds one. 

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

To be fair, I have skipped a ton of episodes, but since we got the live viewing thread, I've been watching. (It makes my rage much more tolerable. ?)

Yeah, I didn't think I'd do the live thread past the special gun episode but it makes the not so great episodes a lot more entertaining. If the show ever starts being good again, I'll be too busy watching to snark.  

• Love 3

I had a thought about 516. I was rereading the episode description and, I had a thought. I know it says Helix tefuses to help until Felicity does something for them.  I was thinking that the description was intentionally vague because they didn't give away the 515 Cliffhanger.  Same for the Oliver portion which doesn't mention Susan kidnapping nor Chase reveal. 

So my thought is more about Felicity's storyline being an initiation, something Helix demands she does to prove her dedication to the cause.

31 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I had a thought about 516. I was rereading the episode description and, I had a thought. I know it says Helix tefuses to help until Felicity does something for them.  I was thinking that the description was intentionally vague because they didn't give away the 515 Cliffhanger.  Same for the Oliver portion which doesn't mention Susan kidnapping nor Chase reveal. 

So my thought is more about Felicity's storyline being an initiation, something Helix demands she does to prove her dedication to the cause.

Yeah I posted something similar a couple of days ago that if its not something for Susan then maybe its a test of loyalty and maybe the thing they get her to do actively go against Oliver and Team Arrow.

Id also love if its revealed Felicity is long conning Helix.

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Yeah I posted something similar a couple of days ago that if its not something for Susan then maybe its a test of loyalty and maybe the thing they get her to do actively go against Oliver and Team Arrow.

Sorry there's been so much going on in the thread I must have missed it. Yeah, I also thought about a loyalty test possibility. 

I'm inclined to think that Chase has plan A,B,C, and D just in case things don't work as it should.  He may have hoped that arranging Oliver to murder Malone might brake their bond, but just in case had already had Helix waiting to make sure they were the only ones that could get FS the info she needed to free Dig and to start her down that path, or he intended her to go down that path regardless. 

I'm more concerned what his plan for Dig might be now that he is cleared of charges and out on bail.  Unless Chase did something to savitage his being completely cleared, I'm at a loss.  The only thing I can wonder is it was just a set up to have something on file as record of Felicity being a hacker so he can arrest her later.

I recall that two characters have made references about Felicity going to jail. Are there any more from this season? Maybe that's what happens in 5x18 though the title of 5x19 seems like more a Felicity/Helix plot. Would they repeat plots from within the same season? 

16 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Sorry there's been so much going on in the thread I must have missed it. Yeah, I also thought about a loyalty test possibility. 

Oh no I wasn't trying to say I said it first but just an I agree with you post :).

11 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

I recall that two characters have made references about Felicity going to jail. Are there any more from this season? Maybe that's what happens in 5x18 though the title of 5x19 seems like more a Felicity/Helix plot. Would they repeat plots from within the same season? 

Oh lord I never thought about how the random references to Felicity going to jail could be relevant forshadowing but that's something I could see the writers doing and would continue the everything that's old is new again season 3 redux. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, LeighAn said:

I would wonder what they would even think about the GA/Team Arrow, since both groups are acting outside the law anyway. It just really struck me how weird it was that they knew it was Felicity trying to get stuff from the NSA (although that could have been from Chase), knew who Felicity was in the past (sure could have been just them), knew she became an IT girl and then was a fired CEO (not hard to follow if they knew that this specific hacker was Felicity Smoak), but don't know that Felicity works with the GA. It might just be looking too much into it, but it wouldn't have changed much of the scene in 511 even if they did know about Team Arrow (the goading could have just been about how "Felicity Smoak" hasn't done anything "good" by herself since her hactivist days), so I'm wondering about the choice to not have them know.

Going from that, I'm thinking either two ways: 1) they secretly do know and it's going to come up in a reveal to Felicity for a loyalty test/blackmail or 2) they don't know and there's a later conflict where the two sides collide, either directly (they go after Team Arrow/Oliver the potentially corrupt mayor) or indirectly (something Felicity does with Helix disrupts something Team Arrow is doing or vice versa). Personally, I'm going with the second one. Tbh, I'm not sure if I'd personally like a long con or not because I'm a bit burned that this Susan thing isn't really a long con...but it's just runover bitterness which isn't necessarily fair to this plot, I'll admit that, ha.   

Edited by way2interested

This is in response to the March 2nd video by SA

What we know

Diggle/Spartan Special Forces, Army, Son, Brother, Husband, Uncle, Married, divorced, dated his dead brother’s wife, Remarried, Had a daughter until Flashpoint which changed her sex to male. Kind and big brother to both Oliver and Felicity, Honest Knows the difference between right and wrong, believes in justice, normal life. Was in the war in Afghanistan.

After Havenrock and killing his returned from the dead brother he rejoined the Army and was set up by his Colonel and was locked up and saved by Oliver and then was set up again and went back to prison and was released once Felicity got her hands on Pandora and Helix.

Felicity/Genius/Overwatch

Thrust into the cruel real world at the age of 7 when her father who she adored left her. Had to focus and learned to compartmentalize her pain and learned coping skills at a young age.

Tries to use logic over emotions.

Fell in with Hactivists in college, fell in love with Cooper, caught him using her coding illegally and had to deal with the guilt and grief of him commiting suicide in jail. He returned from the dead when he kidnapped her and her mother so that he could get the code that he had convinced the NSA or whomever originally that he was the writer of the code. He did not tell her he was working for Damian Darhk. She managed to take him down without help from the GA.

Discovered the GA in her car and got into the vigilante business on the IT side. She saw the scum of Star/ling City and managed to be almost shot by the Count but watched him die, the Undertaking, being shot by the Clockmaker(?) and therefore saving Sara from being shot, inoculated Slade with the Mirakuru cure, kept her emotions in check while she watched woman after woman with Oliver, felt the emotions of him leaving and not telling her where he was going and leaving QC in her lap, was humiliated that she was promoted to his EA, figured out how to stop the earthquake machine but not the fact there might be more than one so has the guilt of 503 people on her shoulders plus others and never once talked to anyone about it, plus others, as well as those when Slade and his army came through, as well as Havenrock and we don’t really know the total on that one but in the 10s of thousands.

Almost died by being gassed by RAG and by DD.

Got her father back. He wanted her knowledge and devices so she had him arrested.

Being shot multiple times by DD goons, paralyzed, cured by biotech and walking out of O’s life, giving the ring back and being fired by the Board of Directors of Palmer Tech.

Her boyfriend Billy was shot by Oliver yet she forgave him and blamed it on Prometheus.

She hated lying especially things like Thea not knowing that MM was her father and the BMD drama. Certain truths had to be told.

Through it all she has coped but it has taken a severe toll on her and she has followed through by always putting on a cheerful front to the world and crying alone at her home. This is Felicity to everyone, Oliver, Diggle and Thea. She’s a rock because she learned at an early age that’s what you do. She’s in love with Oliver and he lied to her one too many times and she can’t show him or others how much she hurts because he’s no longer a part of her life and she can’t trust anyone again. 

She joins Helix to get her head back in the game and to help her take down Prometheus.

Oliver/Control Freak

For the first 10 years of his life he was an only child. For the next 12 years he found that he never had any consequences. Whatever he did if it went public his parents paid to make it go away and ignored it if it was in private. He took advantage of his lifestyle and he lived the way he was shown by his parents. He took any girl he could get and never thought twice about it and even though his parents were married until his father died somehow he knew or was shown that commitment wasn’t a necessity in a relationship.  Neither of his parents were faithful.

When the Gambit was blown up his father killed himself in front of Oliver to save him. Within seconds of burying his father he was shot with and arrow. He then spent the next 10 years in a kill or be killed mentality. His brain was absorbing everything that hit him but his psyche was on overload from the first day on Lian Yu. Starvation, language barrier, and almost continuous torture everytime he was captured by Frye and his troops. Yao Fei was shot right in front of him. Shado was shot right in front of him, Akio died right in front of him from the A/O virus that he should have been saved from by the inoculation but wasn’t, thousands were killed by the virus before they could stop it. He was lied to repeatedly by Waller and even sent back to Lian Yu where he had to deal with the magic of Constantine and see people enslaved to grow plants for drug making. He was bitten by a shark. He had to constantly watch his back so couldn’t sleep well at night

Why didn’t he want to call his mom? He was supposedly in love with Laurel but he left with her sister. There was no trust in his family and none with any of his associates.

He returns home to find that MM was a bad guy and his mother’s lover. They both were part of the Undertaking. He killed MM, or so he thought, he watched Tommy die right in front of him, Slade came back and killed his mother right in front of him, RAG tried to kill his team with the A/O virus, DD threatens O with killing his friends and he watches them almost die, DD kills Laurel with his arrow right in front of him, DDs ghosts almost killed and did paralyze Felicity right in front of him, Barry ruined the BMD drama and the love story that was/is Oliver and Felicity.

He lost his company and watched as Felicity lost her company. He lost the love of his life and he lost his grip on reality. All those deaths and more by his hand or because of a bad guy he didn’t take down in time, and Havenrock.

Being Mayor has not brought him relief it has destroyed him.  If Thea hadn’t been there to help he wouldn’t still be there. He then kills Billy and he finally loses it.

He tries to be a good mayor and GA but he can’t. He is unable to sleep hence the bags under his eyes that SA had to tell us about. Several on this board commented on it.

He was told by HT that Susan was interested in him after his almost assassination. He latched onto her to keep him above water.  Evelyn turned traitor and he decides he needs a new BC. Strange how she had to look like LL even though the one he chooses isn’t as accomplished as the other candidates. He picks the one who he can more than likely control or so he thinks.

Now his sister has left and for all we know so has Felicity.  AC is Prometheus and it will take Diggle, Thea, and Lance to bring back O/F.  They will hopefully realize they are better together than apart and that they are still in love.  They truly are the ying and the yang and ultimately need each other to survive.

Before he became mayor he could leave and get himself under control but he is answering to the people now and he can’t disappear for days, weeks, or months at a time to get his head right.

I think SA is playing OQ like he was acting in S1 because the PTSD has gotten out of hand

The problem with all this though is we are not being shown we are only being told by the writers in interviews what is going on. They are writing the season so poorly even the actors can’t show what is happening.

I know I left out a lot but I think this shows why Oliver has fallen down the PTSD hole and he is barely able to cope let alone lead a mayor or GA. These are just my thoughts on why the PTSD has become full blown because Oliver is no longer in control of his thoughts or his actions and he has no one to turn to. Prometheus is in control. Susan is a weasel but he feels like that’s all he has that he can control.

I didn't realize it was so long. I was just trying to figure out what brought down O and his bags under his eyes.

• Love 1
Just now, calliope1975 said:

So this is promising. It's so "bad" he's going to quit the show, hmm. Wall sex and a quickie wedding. Let's do this!

He posts on another board I'm on, and he for real thought it was over for good. Bless him.

• Love 8

Lol - my entire Twitter TL is celebrating. If it means what we think it means, they've only got 4 episodes to fix Oliver and make the rebuild believable (well, three if 517 is all flashback). Get on it, show! 

• Love 1
Just now, apinknightmare said:

He posts on another board I'm on, and he for real thought it was over for good. Bless him.

Poor thing. Has he never watched TV before? I've been hyper critical this year but I figured Olicity would eventually reunite at some point. What a sweet, summer child. 

• Love 9
Just now, Trisha said:

Lol - my entire Twitter TL is celebrating. If it means what we think it means, they've only got 4 episodes to fix Oliver and make the rebuild believable (well, three if 517 is all flashback). Get on it, show! 

Don't get your hopes up on "believable", if they're doing a S3 redux. It could end up just being a quick reunion

• Love 7

Question for those who are still shipping Oliver/Felicity. If this is a reunion, but the characters/writers don't actually address the reasons for the break-up or lack of reunion as of yet, or really, any of the issues, would the reunion work for you? I'm honestly curious, because unless they rehab Oliver hard these next 4ish episodes, I just won't find it believable. 

I'm not referring to him fighting for Felicity. Even just an apology and an him acknowledging that he was wrong to lie to her and not trust her completely. Because that needs to be addressed, his lack of trusting Felicity like a true partner, and this goes back to season three and him not letting her/the team in on his LOA mission. 

• Love 6