Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I think both Felicity and Laurel look great. I love that shade of red, and props to KC, not many can carry off that shade of orange, although I think the white on the straps makes the dress look a little casual. The only complaint I would have is about her black fingernail polish. :/

• Love 3

I think both Felicity and Laurel look great. I love that shade of red, and props to KC, not many can carry off that shade of orange, although I think the white on the straps makes the dress look a little casual. The only complaint I would have is about her black fingernail polish. :/

I don't think she pulls it off unfortunately, although the dress itself is nice.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

I don't see any reason Felicity couldn't bring Ray to the wedding. They are (presumably) dating. Why wouldn't she bring him? Even if they were just friends she might ask him to come as her plus one so she won't be there alone. If Oliver is bothered by it that's his problem. 

• Love 11

Bless the still photographer for capturing Stephen's face looking at that bouquet of flowers like it holds the answer to life, the universe and everything, but he can't hear it yet because of reasons.

• Love 14

Bless the still photographer for capturing Stephen's face looking at that bouquet of flowers like it holds the answer to life, the universe and everything, but he can't hear it yet because of reasons.

Mm the ear buds "plot" and "contrivance" are blocking his hearing.

• Love 7

The only complaint I would have is about her black fingernail polish. :/

She needs to be ready to jump into action, she probably has the costume in her purse.

*cynical mode off*

• Love 5

I hear ya, but I am going to continue to consider it a bit thoughtless. I don't think she needed to bring him to this particular event.

But if she didn't, who would marry Digg and Lyla (and probably deliver a baby at some point during the reception)?

• Love 9

I don't see why Felicity wouldn't bring Ray as her plus one, if they are dating. It's Diggle and Lyla's day not Oliver's. He's the one that kept pushing her away and running off to get killed. He had his chance with her and blew it. Most people want to bring a date a wedding. 

• Love 12

AR317A_0313b.jpg

Just pointing out that Oliver's hand is on the table, not Laurel's ass. (Thankfully.)

To be shallow I totally looked at Felicity's ass in that dress Sorry NOT Sorry. Her and Laurel both look great in their dresses though Felicity looks better

TABLE, GRANT ME STRENGTH

LOL that's what he thinking and probably my god does Felicity breathtaking

I hate this. Oliver is now giving the little touches to Laurel instead of Felicity.  I bet Laurel is his date since Felicity is with Ray.  Tell me again how they want us to like Ray?

I'm not sure this is entirely fair, but assuming Ray is at least initially there as Felicity's date...did she really have to bring him to this particular event?

Yes. Because  how else is Oliver going to suffer unless he see's them together?

Way to ruin Diggle's wedding for me, MG.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 3

I don't fancy Stephen Amell. Really not my type - what I think of as North American TV bland. But good lord, those photos of him in a tux are making me re-evaluate my entire attraction matrix...

I hate this. Oliver is now giving the little touches to Laurel instead of Felicity. I bet laurel is his date since Felicity is with Ray. Tell me again how they want us to like Ray?

he's not touching Laurel. His hand is on the table behind her.

• Love 2

I hate this. Oliver is now giving the little touches to Laurel instead of Felicity.  I bet Laurel is his date since Felicity is with Ray.  Tell me again how they want us to like Ray?

Or what Morrigan said :)

Edited by wonderwall

I'm honestly struggling to understand why people are having an issue with Ray being at the wedding. Ray and Felicity are dating, of course he would be there. I would take issue if he wasn't there. Ray hasn't been perfect, true. But no character has, and right now Ray is the person making Felicity happy and he's the guy she wants to be with (because Oliver isn't an option to her by his own doing). This wedding (and any of Felicity's relationships) are not about Oliver and protecting his fragile feelings. He didn't seem to care when he constantly dangled maybes in front of Felicity, so why should she care that she could possibly hurt his feelings by dating someone else when he's told her they could never be together? 

Ray officiating is probably some last minute thing (hell Amell himself is an ordained minister so if he was attending a wedding that needed officiating Amell could step up and do it. So it's not that far of a reach that Ray Palmer is an ordained minister). Diggle also named his daughter after Sara and imo, he and Sara (and hell Sara and Lyla) weren't close... 

• Love 5

While not strictly wrong that Ray is there, it's continuing this season's pattern of having Ray's existence interfere with Felicity's closeness to Team Arrow.  He's the one who notices her crying and tries to help, he's the one she goes to when she's feeling upset, he's the one who gives her something beyond TA so she doesn't have to hang out with them.

he's not touching Laurel. His hand is on the table behind her.

Still too close to her and too intimate (he's almost bending over her) considering they were just fighting in the last episode.. Let's see when the episode airs.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 4

Ray officiating is probably some last minute thing (hell Amell himself is an ordained minister so if he was attending a wedding that needed officiating Amell could step up and do it. So it's not that far of a reach that Ray Palmer is an ordained minister). Diggle also named his daughter after Sara and imo, he and Sara (and hell Sara and Lyla) weren't close.

The officiating thing bugs me because it's something straight out of a RomCom. It's just kinda dumb and unnecessary, IMO.

• Love 16

I don't know that it's "people," vs. just "me." And again, I am not saying she shouldn't date or should hide her relationship. I am saying she could have not brought the guy who took Oliver's family's company away to the wedding in which the guy she knows loves her is the best man. She couldn't be away from Ray for one day/one event, an event at which she'll know tons of other people?

Totally agree to disagree, though.

Re the officiating thing, Laurel could just call a judge, instead of this guy that Lyla doesn't know from Adam, and Diggle barely knows and has reason to dislike.

• Love 4
I am saying she could have not brought the guy who took Oliver's family's company away to the wedding in which the guy she knows loves her is the best man. She couldn't be away from Ray for one day/one event, an event at which she'll know tons of other people?

Oliver gave up his company, he decided to no longer fight for it. Yes Ray went after it, but Oliver didn't seem to care. Hell he didn't even care when he had the company in season two (there was a line from Felicity about how he wasn't showing up to work for weeks). 

Why should Felicity protect Oliver's feelings? She doesn't owe him anything. It's not his wedding, and Diggle only has an issue with Ray because of Oliver. Again, that is NOT Felicity's problem. 

But agree to disagree. 

• Love 3

I'm pretty sure this whole wedding thing is straight out of a cheesy rom com. Ray officiating last minute. Felicity catching the bouquet. Oliver maybe gets jealous? Ugh. NO. this is DIGG'S DAY. I don't want anything to overshadow that :p 

I want to watch a whole episode of Digg dancing with Lyla and Sara, and cutting the wedding cake, and Digg hanging out at the table with Felicity and Oliver (the people he's closest to outside his family) and maybe even Roy laughing about something ridiculous. 

Damn.

• Love 5

Here's a bigger issue for me. This was supposed to be the Suicide Squad episode. Why nothing of them in this batch of stills? If it weren't for that pic that DR posted, we wouldn't have anything on that. We have Dyla wedding (which yes, adorable) and Arrow vs RoboCop Atom. What's up with that?

• Love 7

They all look good and even though I don't care for Laurel, KC looks really pretty. Felicity's dress look better when she is standing. And Oliver is handsome. But the best photo is the Diggle family. They look happy. Good for them.

Usually you take your boyfriend to a wedding. However why Ray needs to be the minister is beyond me. That is just pushing the guy into a situation he does not belong in. And don't get me started on the Arrow/Atom fight. Guy with no experience tells the guy who does the job for the longest time how it is done. And Felicity will probably think Ray's way is the better one because she has control over that. Oliver might be a dick about it and tell others how to do it even though he shouldn't but usually he just doesn't want them to become him. He wants the others to be alive while he would sacrifice himself for that. It is not that he is completely wrong if he tells Laurel (or Ray) that they have no idea what this life entails. But the episode will probably find a way to make Ray seem awesome, Oliver irrational and pissed off at Felicity but in the end he will step aside so everyone can be happy but him. 

I sometimes wonder whether or not it is in character for Felicity to not tell anyone what Ray is trying to do. Considering she works with vigilantes. I always thought she'd tell them stuff like that. 

And last but not least. Does Ray's helmet have a reading light? Why is there light inside the helmet. Wouldn't that hurt his actual eyes? It looks like he is trying to illuminate his face.

• Love 2

I don't care if Ray is that the wedding but that he's officiating is what really chaps my hide.  Sooooo contrived.  I just really want to see Oliver punch his face.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 3

TV weddings alway make me laugh because there are always so many people. It reminds me of a scene from Friends when they are all in the living room and the door bell rings and they literally look around to see which one is missing. 

• Love 5

I don't mind Felicity bringing Ray as a date. If they're dating and she's allowed to bring a plus-one it makes sense.

What I do mind is him officiating the wedding. Simply because it's really not his place to be or thing to do. IMO the story hasn't shown me any reason why Diggle and Lyla would be fine with having Ray Palmer officiating their wedding; on the other hand, while I don't think the story has shown Diggle holding a grudge against Palmer, this is also the same guy who stole his friend's company (Ray even admits this to Felicity in 3x01) and has put himself in a rival position with Oliver in more ways than one. And we all know how important loyalty is to Diggle. It's not as if Ray's the only person in Starling City capable of officiating a wedding, meaning he does it ~plot reasons, that I find extremely contrived.

Do I doubt Arrow would still let Ray officiate the wedding? Absolutely not. But I think it's very, very stupid.

Suppose it's just another thing to add to the list of Reasons We Should Like Ray Palmer, also known as The Never-ending List of What Ray Palmer Can Do.

Way to make Ray Palmer into a Gary Stu, Arrow.

Edited by Soulfire
  • Love 6

I would like it if his Gary Stu-ness was mentioned in the show as some kind of tongue-in-cheek thing where someone teased him mercilessly about being so "perfect," but the show would have to be self aware enough to realize they're writing him that way and be doing it on purpose, which I don't think they are, and it would also require someone other than Felicity to point this out, but no one else knows him, so...

Anyway, I'd appreciate the Mr. Perfect angle if it was going to be played for laughs against him, but sadly, that won't happen, because I'm pretty sure he's supposed to actually BE perfect.

• Love 14
Anyway, I'd appreciate the Mr. Perfect angle if it was going to be played for laughs against him, but sadly, that won't happen, because I'm pretty sure he's supposed to actually BE perfect.

Excellent point. This is also where the show could have earned him some actual "charming points", by making him self aware and adding the tongue-in-cheek aspect that would also allow us to see him as a flawed character, which, in turn, would make it easier to connect with him. As it is, we're past the halfway mark of the season and I still can't find a single reason why I should care about Ray Palmer.

But this is veering off spoiler-discussion, probably, so I'll shut my virtual trap.

• Love 2

Excellent point. This is also where the show could have earned him some actual "charming points", by making him self aware and adding the tongue-in-cheek aspect that would also allow us to see him as a flawed character, which, in turn, would make it easier to connect with him.

I'd really love it if they do manage to do this somehow. MG said that Oliver finds out that Ray and Felicity are dating in 3x16, so maybe Ray and Oliver have some interactions in that ep where the Mr. Perfect angle can be seen a bit by Oliver, and then perhaps he does an MP thing or two before he mentions that he's a minister at Digg's wedding (if that's indeed what he does). Maybe that somehow plays into the name Oliver calls Ray (is it in this ep?) that MG said he loved so much. 

I hope it's a play off his name like RAYbound or RayboCop. I know, it's too much to ask. Just let me have it.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2
(edited)

Here's a bigger issue for me. This was supposed to be the Suicide Squad episode. Why nothing of them in this batch of stills? If it weren't for that pic that DR posted, we wouldn't have anything on that. We have Dyla wedding (which yes, adorable) and Arrow vs RoboCop Atom. What's up with that?

Because the photographer is only on set 1 or days out of the 2 weeks of filming and there's no control over what's being shot those days.

Majority if these pictures was from 1 day of filming (wedding).

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 3
The officiating thing bugs me because it's something straight out of a RomCom. It's just kinda dumb and unnecessary, IMO.

If this were real life and the officiant didn't show up and somebody's plus one happened to be ordained, it would be an interesting anecdote for the guests to tell at future weddings. But why is this plot point in a piece of fiction?  As Tom Wolfe once said "'The problem with fiction, it has to be plausible. That's not true with non-fiction." Plot points in fiction should happen for a reason. Why make the officiant not show up and Super Ray happen to be able  to replace that officiant? What point are they driving at other than Ray is Gary-Stu and can do everything? During the reception, is he going to save Diggle's boisterous Uncle from choking on an olive, play jazz piano during the dinner when the original musician gets a hang-nail and quickly whip up a cake when a dog gets into the venue and knocks the frazzled father of the bride into the  original cake?

Diggle only has an issue with Ray because of Oliver. Again, that is NOT Felicity's problem.

I wouldn't invite my boyfriend of a few days to come to the wedding of a friend who has a problem with said boyfriend regardless of what that reason is.  It's Diggle's wedding. He may have to put up with the relatives he is not overly fond of, but new friends of old friends can stay home for that one night. It would be one thing if Felicity was engaged/married/long-term dating Ray, but that's not the situation.

• Love 7

My own guess is that Ray is officiating the wedding since this saves the show from having to spend $5000 to $10,000 on an actor to show up for one day to officiate the wedding.  Bonus for being able to play this out as a rom-com thing.

On the bright side, at least it means that Ray will finally be meeting everyone!  

I wouldn't invite my boyfriend of a few days to come to the wedding of a friend who has a problem with said boyfriend regardless of what that reason is.  

To be fair, if the show keeps up with real time like it tends to, they would've been dating for a month at least. And Diggle doesn't seem like the kind of guy to hold a big enough grudge against someone who hasn't done anything to him (and Oliver even said QC was in better hands with Ray - and he wasn't wrong) to the point where he'd tell a close friend she couldn't bring her boyfriend to his wedding.

• Love 1

regarding the still pics: I thought still pics are done from the actual filming material. it's just extra money to pay a photographer when you can create them from the filming material once it goes done to editing. Hack i can do at home on my quicktime pro 7.

regarding Ray officiating and as Felicity date: neither bother me at the least. i know several individuals who are ordained and can perform a wedding if the need arise. literally you can get ordained online for a small chunk of money, so i don't see it as weird that Ray who is super intelligent and would probably do it just for the hack of it.. or maybe like Joey on friends he got ordained to perform a friend wedding and you know.. so yea doesn't bother. and since he and Felicity are dating, and this is Diggle's wedding not Oliver, so I see no reason why Felicity has to take Oliver's feelings into consideration in bringing her Boyfriend, hack even if Oliver had a brother and she was dating said brother i wouldn't mind. as someone said, he's been dangling maybe's, telling her I love you and than pulling back. she's entitled to try and move on and be with anyone she likes. People want her to be with Oliver, but as far as we saw Felicity has barely dated since Cooper, she needs to go out in the field and have some fun, have Oliver see it and realizes it's time to pull his head out of his ass if he doesn't want to lose her, and than once he'll finally do and grow up! i'm sure she'll be all too happy to take a risk with him.- because that's the romantic trope it's how it goes.. nothing new under the sun. but it's a trope i approve of, when it's done right, in Felicity's case i think it's an important one to do. cause doing the older "madonna" sitting and waiting for her man to finish screwing other women and get his head out of his ass is disgusting. I rather see my women sewing some wild oats and doing her shit.

regarding Laurel's dress: sorry you guys but that dress is ugly!, the color is lovely, the dress itself is awful. and no the color and the cut doesn't flatter KC at all- bright orange doesn't work well with blonde hair, and the black (or dark red) nail polish clashes with the orange.

with that being said, I do like Felicity dress when she's standing, but not while she's sitting.

Thea's dress on the other hand is beautiful and i want it.

Diggle only has an issue with Ray because of Oliver. Again, that is NOT Felicity's problem.

Totally disagree.  Diggle is a loyal guy, and Ray stole Oliver's family's company.  I mean seriously, can you really see having the guy who stole your best friend's company officiate your wedding, especially when you otherwise couldn't pick the guy out of a lineup?

• Love 3
And Diggle doesn't seem like the kind of guy to hold a big enough grudge against someone who hasn't done anything to him (and Oliver even said QC was in better hands with Ray - and he wasn't wrong) to the point where he'd tell a close friend she couldn't bring her boyfriend to his wedding.

It is a matter of ettiquette. Most people aren't going to ban other people from their weddings (who has that dramatic of a life?), but on the other hand, most people have enough grace not to invite somebody as a plus one to a wedding where there are issues between a member of a bridal party and the newly befriended plus one. If Felicity asks if it is okay, then Diggle would say yes. But you don't even ask. The day is about the wedding couple and polite guests do their best to make the day issue free - not to invite issues.  The only way Felicity doesn't come off as a little classless is if Diggle suddenly gets into his mind to insist that Ray comes. Given the way this show is going, that probably happens because Ray saves Baby Sara by performing emergency heart surgery on her and Diggle insists he come. Ray teaches all the guests how to make origami cranes to pass the time while they wait for the original officiant to show up, happily steps in when the original officiant is declared a now show, and then gives a heart-warming speech at the reception teaching everybody a very special lesson. He is the hit of the party and all the guests vow to invite him to their weddings too.

He's the officiant? Damn, that is some crazy fan-fic'ing. Can't he just be a guest? I can see no reason how his officiating moves the plot along in a direction that makes any sense unless they are going for Gary Stu.

Edited by kili
  • Love 5

Totally disagree.  Diggle is a loyal guy, and Ray stole Oliver's family's company.  I mean seriously, can you really see having the guy who stole your best friend's company officiate your wedding, especially when you otherwise couldn't pick the guy out of a lineup?

Ray didn't steal anything. He put in a bid and the board chose him because he a) has a track record of actually being a successful businessman and b) probably actually bothered to show up to work and c) knew what he was doing. 

I love Oliver to death, but he has no business running that company and even HE was smart enough to realize that after he lost his bid. He admitted as much. 

And maybe Felicity asked Diggle if it was okay for her to bring Ray as her +1 and he said yes? Not out of the realm of possibility. She'd have to RSVP and everything so until we know otherwise it probably wasn't a surprise and Diggle would've said something if it bothered him, and if it bothered him I think Felicity would've understood and left Reverend Ray at home. Plus, SA said that Oliver wants Felicity to be happy. If he thinks she's happy with Ray, I don't see why it would be an issue. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 9

regarding the still pics: I thought still pics are done from the actual filming material. it's just extra money to pay a photographer when you can create them from the filming material once it goes done to editing. Hack i can do at home on my quicktime pro 7.

You can't send out screengrabs to magazines and newspapers, they need much higher resolution. Still photography is the staple of movie/tv marketing because print media still needs them. This might change in the future, but for as long as people buy entertainment magazines on paper, you need an actual still photographer on every movie and tv set.

Edited by dancingnancy
  • Love 1

You can't send out screengrabs to magazines and newspapers, they need much higher resolution. Still photography is the staple of movie/tv marketing because print media still needs them. This might change in the future, but for as long as people buy entertainment magazines on paper, you need an actual still photographer on every movie and tv set.

I believe even MG confirmed that a photographer is on set to take pictures, usually when people are bitching at him for lack of "x" in pictures.

And maybe Felicity asked Diggle if it was okay for her to bring Ray as her +1 and he said yes? Not out of the realm of possibility. She'd have to RSVP and everything so until we know otherwise it probably wasn't a surprise and Diggle would've said something if it bothered him, and if it bothered him I think Felicity would've understood and left Reverend Ray at home. Plus, SA said that Oliver wants Felicity to be happy. If he thinks she's happy with Ray, I don't see why it would be an issue.

^^^^^This! This!  A Thousand Time This!!!

• Love 1

What I'm gonna need to know is if Reverend Ray was known to be a reverend before the ceremony.  Because he says something like "Oh BTW Felicity, I'm an ordained minister" and Felicity lobbies for him to officiate the wedding....welp...that's gonna be worse than shenanigans at the wedding.

I'm gonna need Reverend Ray to pull a Joey Tribbiani and forget half of what he's supposed to do. Like Oliver says, "Rings?" and Ray's all, "Oh, crap." 

Otherwise I'm scared this will be boringly perfect, but Diggle and Lyla deserve perfect, precious babies that they are. I'm conflicted.

OK, I've been gone the past few days and only started catching up on everything recently.  And, wow.  I was fine with Ray being Felicity's plus one because, whatever, they're dating and everything.  But, he's seriously going to officiate Diggle/Lyla's wedding?  This is so ridiculous.  I would buy Deadshot being the ring bearer over that crap.

I just can't help but keep comparing how this show has treated Ray compared to Barry.  They didn't give Barry the full-court press and red carpet treatment: just two episodes and it was enough to give him a great spin-off.  This is just comes off like they are really overcompensating.  Someone behind the scenes must just be a complete Brandon Routh fanboy.  That's what I'm choosing to believe.

• Love 1

Brandon Routh vs Grant Gustin.  I'm surprised the EPs didn't get dehydrated from all the panting they must have done over BR.

Isn't this the episode where Felicity and Ray hit a rough patch?

I can totally understand why Felicity would have brought Ray with her as her date to the wedding.  Diggle is marrying Lyla, Thea is going with Roy even if they're not dating yet and Oliver has rejected her repeatedly. Who knows, maybe he's even taking Laurel. Even at the best of times, it's nice to have a plus one for a wedding, and for this one, Felicity will want to show everyone she's not moping over being rejected by Oliver.

Usually you take your boyfriend to a wedding. However why Ray needs to be the minister is beyond me. That is just pushing the guy into a situation he does not belong in.

This is continuing the mistake they've made all season with Ray, making him too perfect and pushing him into situations where he shouldn't be while keeping him out of where he normally would be.

I look forward to seeing him perform open heart surgery on Sara when she swallows something she shouldn't.

• Love 3

Honestly? Yes, I think Ray officiating is eyeroll worthy, but if that's the worst thing that happens in this episode? I'll consider it one of the better episodes of the season. *shrug* Maybe that's just me though.

• Love 7

Honestly? Yes, I think Ray officiating is eyeroll worthy, but if that's the worst thing that happens in this episode? I'll consider it one of the better episodes of the season. *shrug* Maybe that's just

me though.

For me, having Ray officiate is just pushing him to the forefront and takes away from Diggle and Lyla's day. It's making Ray more important than he should be. It's almost like they can't let Oliver have a moment being Diggle's best man without giving Ray something puts the focus on Ray....

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 4

I'm just wondering since, isn't everything shot in HD these days anyway? and I assume editors for TV shows have far better equipment and programs than your average home editing program, and I assume the file they work on is a high resolution file. 

that's why i'm confused by why it would be so hard to do it, I mean considering your original video file had high res, you can cut a small part from a scene and run it to create stills and than choose the best one. wouldn't the end result still be high res?

I'm probably wrong, but it seems like such an obvious and easy solution (to me anyway) especially if the editor is working with high quality and resolution files to begin with and is using programs suited for a professional user with a bunch of cool features.

Edited by foreverevolving