Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Would've been nice to hear what Beth had to say about Felicity but nah. Gotta make the answer about everyone else. 

IDGAF about BS but her trying to make Daddy proud makes me LOL. They really dropped the ball with her whole storyline. Instead of making her an interesting villain, she's just gonna become E1 Laurel. YAWN.

Also, the newbies are assholes and I would actually prefer if they were a separate team. They can be civil but I honestly want them far away from my faves as possible. 

All in all, disappointing.

Edited by Guest
3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Why not? The show never made Laurel's being a lawyer and Black Canary any kind of an issue at any point since she was unmasked. 

They never dealt with anything about Laurel being Black Canary apart from the press hounding her for being alive so there are a lot issues they never bothered dealing with that should be dealt with this season. 

6 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I think Laurel burned that bridge in season two.  

The two had more good times together then bad, I think it was far from burned.  Of course I think everyone has forgotten about the character so I dont expect to hear or see her ever again.

5 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Would've been nice to hear what Beth had to say about Felicity but nah. Gotta make the answer about everyone else. 

Exactly.

Nothing I'm seeing is telling me Felicity will get anything better this season. The new show runner didn't even talk about her!

I'm seriously contemplating if it's time to drop this stupid show regardless of my love for EBR.

• Love 1
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Exactly.

Nothing I'm seeing is telling me Felicity will get anything better this season. The new show runner didn't even talk about her!

I'm seriously contemplating if it's time to drop this stupid show regardless of my love for EBR.

I'm trying to wait until SDCC before I really get worried. If Beth pulls the same shit and EBR can't answer any questions because she has nothing to tease, then I definitely won't be sticking around for S7. No way I'm sitting around watching another season focused on the screechers. 

Edited by Guest
8 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

They never dealt with anything about Laurel being Black Canary apart from the press hounding her for being alive so there are a lot issues they never bothered dealing with that should be dealt with this season. 

I doubt they'll bother. 

19 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I'm hoping they let her do a solo interview and not pair her with the barnacle Curtis/Echo on and off screen. 

If they are doing pairs, I'm thinking they'll pair her with CH and then probably EK with RG and then JH with KC, especially since it looks like EBR and Colton had a scene/scenes together in 701.

• Love 5

And since both EBR and CH have anxiety issues, they may do well together in interviews.

30 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

She read an entire textbook! Not only is she going to still practice law, she's going to be the new DA, probably.

She's had time over the summer to read two more!She can be DA now!

Seriously, it does a disservice to who E1 Laurel was, her relationships with Tommy and Thea as well as Oliver, and her passion for helping people (off and on, it was there is season 1 and returned off and on) to just let LL2 slip into her shoes.  It makes the people who are shallow enough to think that the only thing that matters are Laurel is that she wears black leather and screams but it's an injustice to who the character was.  The quote from the article is

"She will try to live up to the Laurel Lance legacy to make him proud." But her alter ego, Black Siren, has her craving revenge.

Setting aside that LL1 had a huge craving for revenge (see s2 going after Oliver and s3 after Sara's death), this could be a good story for her.  Actually the only good story I can think of because to drop her right into LL1's shoes makes no sense.  Why get rid of the original only to have her clone do the very same things? And it also makes Dinah redundant in terms of the team.

51 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

She says there is not going to be a divide this year between the OT and the newbs but it's too late.  It's there.  FOR ME.  And is not going away.  

As for when asked about Felicity, not sure what to make of it when they say people will be in different places than one would expect in reaction to Oliver being in prison.  Is that supposed to be taken literally for Felicity and she's off in witness protection or something far stranger.  Half of me expects her to go into hiding and drop anything to do with saving the city but the other half expects her to be the new leader of the team

I expect Felicity to either be in protection and taking her responsibilities to William seriously, or running the team since Diggle is working for ARGUS. Anything else is unacceptable.

NTA is deadtome forever.  Maybe if one remains, or even if two remain but all three staying.  Nuh, nuh son.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Actually the only good story I can think of because to drop her right into LL1's shoes makes no sense.  Why get rid of the original only to have her clone do the very same things?

Yeah - also because if they wanted original Laurel back, they could've just done that and saved everyone some time (and would've done that, because they're lazy writers). 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

And it also makes Dinah redundant in terms of the team

Dinah was completely redundant and irrelevant from the moment she was introduced. The only reason she exists is because some limp fish  high up decided the show had to have screeching poultry.

• Love 24
6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

And since both EBR and CH have anxiety issues, they may do well together in interviews.

IIRC, Emily and Colton did their interviews together at the SDCC before Season 2. They were fun together, but I definitely prefer the years when Emily has given solo interviews. I want to hear her thoughts about how Felicity is coping with Oliver's absence, being a single mom, and what she wants for her future. I don't want her interview time to be focused on other characters or joking with her costars.

• Love 8

I dont believe that question was about Felicity specific. Because Beths quote is only about the team. The bits about being resilant and pluck are the words of Damian Holbrook. I didnt see anything about Diggle either. 

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Dinah was completely redundant and irrelevant from the moment she was introduced. The only reason she exists is because some limp fish  high up decided the show had to have screeching poultry.

Screeching poultry... ????

I knew it was dumb to think Beth would turn this ship around, but I was holding out hope. Oh well. NTA is dead to me as well. All versions of LL are terribad, hold zero interest for me, and I wish death upon any and all characters KC plays both past, present, and future. I barely tolerate William. Yeah, S7's not looking good. And unless my boss lets me flex my hours, I won't even be able to live chat the episodes which elevated a good chunk of S6. 

Prove me wrong, SDCC. Give me something to get excited about!

• Love 9

The TV Guide article hasn’t done anything to get me excited for S7. I’m particularly annoyed that it seems like they’re just going to sweep away all of the awful things that NTA did and go on like nothing happened. Having them get away completely free of any consequences  for their actions during the team war is making me dislike them even more, which I didn’t even know was possible.

I know they probably think all was forgiven by the characters in 623, but as a viewer, I haven’t forgotten the storyline and it didn’t do anything towards redeeming them for me.

Continuing on with E2 Laurel’s “redemption” makes killing off original Laurel seem entirely pointless, and with Quentin gone which character is going to be hit with the stupid stick in an attempt to fit her into a show where she has no actual familial or friendship ties to any of Team Arrow?  

I hope Beth surprises me and manages to pull together a good season, but my expectations have been set to as low as possible.

• Love 5

Idk if one interview is really enough to prove one way or another if something's good or bad. WM had word salad and worse answers during both good and bad parts of the seasons, so it doesn't really signal anything except what TVGuide thinks is a way to frame teases that Beth gave. SA and DR still seem super into the season, so it's hard for me to actually sway differently with somewhat generic answers that she could have given even before they actually broke 701.

• Love 1

I originally skipped over where it said Damien Holbrook wrote the article which changes things...a little. He's pretty terrible and biased so it's possible we don't have an accurate picture yet. So I'm still willing to wait until SDCC.

I doubt he asked about Felicity at all.

Given the zero need for two leather clad vigilante screamers on the Team, I wonder if BS becomes S1/S2 Laurel. She’s a “Lawyer” who pops up every once in awhile.

There is pretty much nothing here to make me super excited at this point. All of this "NTA is back with OTA and its all good now!" stuff reeks of a writing staff trying to ignore the mistakes of last season and hope we all just forget over the summer, and can sweep the Civil Bore under the rug. Well, I aint buying it. NTA can go get stuck in a jet turbine for all I care, especially if they dont even have any plans for them to get whats coming to them. 

• Love 8

Sounds like the same standard let's tease the show in the least interesting way possible interview to me. 

All this talk about Fake Laurel as a lawyer makes me remember the time during the Damien Dhark trial where, didn't the judge basically say Real Laurel did a shit job presenting the evidence and basically the trial in general.... so it's not like BS and her lawyer for dummies text book has a lot to live up to. 

Even though I totally get -- and agree with -- the hate towards NTA, I'm surprised by how angry everyone on Twitter was about Beth's comments that there would be no divide this season. We all knew those characters are all coming back (unfortunately). What were people expecting to happen? The writers heard loud and clear that fans and critics hated the team infighting, so I just assumed they'd put all that mess behind them as quickly as possible, and that the team will fully reunite as soon as Oliver's out of prison (with the addition of Roy, and the possible distancing of Dig, assuming he'll still be with Argus). Oliver's apology tour in the finale seemed very clearly designed to indicate that the infighting was behind them, so I'm surprised by the surprise. 

At this point, I'm hoping SDCC will give me lots to look forward to when it comes to Oliver, Dig, Felicity, Roy and Lyla -- while being pretty resigned to the fact that whatever they do with NTA and BS is probably not going to work for me.

• Love 14

I think wanting a comment about the newbies getting consequences or something is understandable, kind of like DR's comments about how Diggle and Oliver's rift would go into s7 (even though that wasn't necessarily true, since he got Human Target, teamed up with Oliver in the last two episodes, and pretty much buried the hatchet in a symbolic handshake in 623, which tells me the writers decided to drop that as well). But, just like some fans were angry with Diggle and wanted him gone because of the GA and the fight thing (not as many as angry with the newbies, but were definitely still there), he's not leaving just like the newbies aren't leaving, for whatever reason it be because the producers like them or the studio wants more IPs out there. 

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Oliver's apology tour in the finale seemed very clearly designed to indicate that the infighting was behind them, so I'm surprised by the surprise. 

If they aren't going to all disappear to death or parts unknown - which would be my preference - then I guess the next best thing would be for everyone to pretend last season didn't happen. 

• Love 1

I didn't see people being surprised, I saw people being annoyed AF at being reminded that the only people feeling the consequences of the divide are Oliver and Felicity. But I do get what Arrow is doing, it's the same thing it has done with other unpopular storylines, end them quickly and pretend they never happened. Which leaves me quite unsatisfied as a viewer. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Trisha said:

Even though I totally get -- and agree with -- the hate towards NTA, I'm surprised by how angry everyone on Twitter was about Beth's comments that there would be no divide this season. We all knew those characters are all coming back (unfortunately). What were people expecting to happen? The writers heard loud and clear that fans and critics hated the team infighting, so I just assumed they'd put all that mess behind them as quickly as possible, and that the team will fully reunite as soon as Oliver's out of prison (with the addition of Roy, and the possible distancing of Dig, assuming he'll still be with Argus). Oliver's apology tour in the finale seemed very clearly designed to indicate that the infighting was behind them, so I'm surprised by the surprise. 

Personally, I'm annoyed that the newbies will get away with what they did. They were total assholes who suffered no consequences for their actions. I appreciate not wanting the teams fighting as that was terrible to watch. We also know they are here to stay. But it's frustrating and disappointing to know they'll get away scot-free while Oliver and Felicity did nothing wrong and suffered immensely. It just doesn't seem fair. 

As I said earlier in this thread, I'd prefer it if the teams stayed separate. They can be totally civil but still be separate teams. I never thought the bigger team worked anyway.

I don’t want NTA to come back or have anything to do with OTA. I do understand that this won’t happen.

Here’s my wish, NTA will be around for a few episodes so that they can show extreme remorse for OQ taking the fall for everyone. John should also show remorse. Let NTA suffer guilt over their stupidity and look into themselves and realize that they are not hero material. Show them leave SC one by one in pursuit of their dreams be it starting a new company, new police job or I have not got a clue for Rene. The other possibility I can come up with is they interact with the LongBow Hunters and they leave SC to fight them and never come back. I can always hope. 

• Love 8

I hope Sampson is just a cameo and Oliver’s prison VOTW. Not a great villian to start the season with. 

That blurb on BS, WM says that they have a new baddie in mind to make up for E2 LL’s alter ego BS. Are they introducing another recurring leather clad meta human so BC has someone to fight? 

In the OTA v NTA debate, I think we will get some reference to the ugliness by NTA and then OTA saying all was well. 

(edited)
12 hours ago, way2interested said:

Also, the rest of the TVGuide stuff:

Spoilers from the above Behind the Scenes section of TV Guide's SDCC issue...

Those graphics that fill tech genius Felicity Smoak's (Emily Bett Rickards) computer screen? Much of it is visual effects added during postproduction, according to exec producer Beth Schwarts, who says that Felicity, Diggle (Ramsey, below, with RIckards) and the Arrow team will search for another lair next season since theirs was destroyed.

Another warehouse, another sonic cry! Katie Cassidy practices what she calls Black Siren's fearsome "death stare or 'Where's my dinner?' look." With Earth-2 Laurel Lance potentially going good, Schwartz says she has a new baddie in mind to make up for alter ego Black Siren.

Edited by tv echo

Felicity, Diggle (Ramsey, below, with RIckards) and the Arrow team will search for another lair next season since theirs was destroyed.

In show, since everyone and their uncle's barber knew where the secret Arrow lair was (and the password to get in) I'm all for the change despite the fact that I liked the space, but I wonder what the  real-life reason was for moving on from what had to have been an expensive set to build.  I mean, just because it got blown up didn't need to have meant they couldn't rebuild it so I have to assume they again shuffled around sound stages? 

• Love 3

Maybe it will be adapted for one of the other shows although I can't imagine which one. Flash has the labs and Supergirl has the DEO set.  I can't see the Time Bureau needing that much room.

• Love 1
(edited)

The actor is Daniel Cudmore (played Jackhammer in 414-Code of Silence of Arrow)...

Daniel Cudmore is a 37-year-old Canadian actor and stuntman His height is 6'7". He played Colossus in the X-Men movies and Felix in the Twilight movies. He's apparently also in the new X-Men: Dark Phoenix movie. Here's his IMDb page and social media links...

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1214436/
https://twitter.com/danielcudmore 
https://www.instagram.com/danielcudmore/

Edited by tv echo
2 minutes ago, tv echo said:

It's a shame he's avoided it for so long. ???

I kid. Kinda. ?

8 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

He's also one of Stephen's IRL friends. I wonder if he has any more actor buddies who are gonna show up in jail with him, LOL.

Carina is going to start acting classes any day now. Lol

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Who was Jackhammer, one of Dhark's goons or was 414 a DD free episode? 

Part of the Demolition Team hired by Darhk who were the VOTW in 414 who were trying to kill Lance and then destroy the building where the mayoral debate was.

• Love 1

He just posted insta stories about shaving his beard and he only came to the production offices yesterday when they were finishing episode 701.

I am not sure JH filmed that much either. She for sure filmed 2 days with the bf of Curtis. And then one day with Rick. But not sure how long those scenes are gonna turn out. 

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

My question is after seeing Echos latest insta stories ... if Curtis is in the premiere at all?

Don’t get my hopes up! Until I hear otherwise, I’m going to assume that S7 Curtis is going to be just like he’s been the past two seasons. Meaning annoying. He’ll probably complain that he’s not in jail/witness protection/etc. 

• Love 4

Dinah's probably just in that stunt scene from that one day and then police scenes to set up that new anti-vigilante cop storyline (whether the actress is in it or not), so then the bulk of the episode just seems to be with Oliver and then with whatever EBR, CH, and DR have been filming? Is there any more info on when they filmed other than when CH and EBR were at that beach location?