Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

7 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I think it’ll be gone as soon as Oliver gets out of jail. The problem is that we don’t know how long he’s going to be in jail.

IIRC, MG referenced this as a potential 5 episode arc right? So I'm thinking at most that if Beth didn't decide to change anything. It would have to at least be circa 706/707 at the latest to be ready before the crossover. And SA said something about interacting with a new character in the beginning of s7, so I guess at least 2 episodes ore more. Here's to hoping that they realize how awkward it would look/be able to handle and just keep it more the long straggly lumberjack look rather than trying to do anything with that mustache.

12 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I just hope they don't tarnish her character by making her lust after yucky old man Oliver ?

She already lusted after gross d-bag younger Oliver (girl may be blind), so maybe Felicity's lesser tastes swing the other way unfortunately as well  

• Love 1
(edited)
13 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Did you absolutely hear "bunker support kid"? I thought it might be "Cat" since she went on to talk about a cat.

Anyone else hear "kid". Cuz if you did..........hehe hears to hoping she likes to drop in weird "jokes" like SA.

Yes, I heard "bunker support kid" but I thought she was referring to William and making a joke about why he was brought onto the show.

Ugh...

Edited by tv echo

One of my last acts as co-showrunner of Arrow was to ask the art department to mock-up a picture of what @StephenAmell would look like with a goatee as proof of concept. (No, I won't post it, but it looks cool.)

Doubtful 

• Love 6

Looks cool? More like makes him look like he'll be on some kind of registry. There are not many things that can make SA unattractive but the comic book goatee might finally be one of them. ??

It just struck me that if Felicity does disapprove of the facial hair, it'll be another point against her for comic fans. Eh, whatever. I still want my sexy shaving scene that leads to hot sex —> Olicity baby by May sweeps :P

• Love 1

It's also weird since a lot of the times pictures from the art department end up not being how it looks on screen, and that's just from clothes and costumes. This is closer to hair and makeup which is kind of different to pin down.

• Love 2

He's really talking up this "new storytelling technique" and how he probably isn't going to stick around on the show much longer ("For me, I would like Arrow to move on, but I'm definitely on the 'back 9' of my run. Are you a golf fan? I feel like I might be on the 14th or 15th hole.") Also, he talks about a way the show could go on without him ("We introducing some new characters in season 7 that, if we do it right, could carry the show for a very long time.") I'm pretty sure that's what they were trying to do with NTA, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

3 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I'm pretty sure that's what they were trying to do with NTA, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Yeah, plus with Batwoman now being a thing, I can't imagine him legitimately thinking they'd actually do Arrow without Arrow just with the introduction of a character or two within a season.

They tried so many times to introduce new characters that can "carry the show" and they fail every time.You'd think they would give it up by now.Maybe give those new characters their own shows instead of trying to push them on an overcrowded one with a history of failing to make comic masks popular.

• Love 10

If the plan was/is to have the show continue on without SA, then them basically firing WM and MG makes sense since they kind of shot themselves in the foot with actors/characters that the show is now stuck with, and that had to have been a problem for CW/WB if they even had MG come out and acknowledged that it was a mistake.

• Love 2
(edited)

I have read that OQ is at The Slab. It’s in the freaking Antarctica and it’s a maximum security prison for Metahumans. Why would they send him there?

This is in the DC database. 

There has to something really evil about Samandra Watson. 

Edited by BunsenBurner
Evilness prevails

Season finale aside, I'm glad I liked and respected Oliver this season. I hate when Oliver does dumb things for plot. I don't think adding new characters is going to help TPTB's problem with writing for ensembles. I'm trying to not have any expectations for this next season. 

• Love 12
(edited)

Question: Any scoop on Arrow? —Sara
Ausiello: Not a week after this season’s finale, we already have some buzz on Season 7 — namely, that while Oliver’s in Supermax, Team Arrow will have to contend with an ambitious, young, anti-vigilante recruit at the SCPD. (If vigilantes were vampires, consider her your Buffy.) Another recurring role to be cast is that of a successful tech whiz who is gay, and who harbors a heartbreaking past.

http://tvline.com/2018/05/22/empire-season-4-finale-deaths-dies-spoilers/

Edited by Soulfire
37 minutes ago, Soulfire said:

an ambitious, young, anti-vigilante recruit at the SCPD. (If vigilantes were vampires, consider her your Buffy.) Another recurring role to be cast is that of a successful tech whiz who is gay, and who harbors a heartbreaking past.

I’m pretty sure that “ambitious cop that doesn’t like vigilantes” was in the casting notice for Dinah, and “gay tech wizard with a past” was the casting description for Curtis. The show takes recycling to an extreme.

• Love 10
(edited)

I figured he wasn't going to do it for as long as the 2Js are doing SPN. But I guess depending on what his new contract stays, you never know. Actors who have hinted about leaving shows end up staying until the end and those you thought didn't have much else on asked to leave. I doubt I'd watch if SA left, especially if EBR stayed and he died/they broke up, that would just be depressing in what is already a show with a lot of characters I don't care about. I guess it could end up being like Castle, where there are plans to keep it going that just don't materialise.

8 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I’m pretty sure that “ambitious cop that doesn’t like vigilantes” was in the casting notice for Dinah, and “gay tech wizard with a past” was the casting description for Curtis. The show takes recycling to an extreme.

I was going to say, that's pretty much the descriptions for Tinah and Curtis and even if one of them was going to surprisingly leave in this year's crossover or something, then they still don't need more. Maybe they'll have a female gay tech wizard and male hotshot recruit at the SCPD to change it up? 

Edited by Featherhat
Just now, Featherhat said:

Maybe they'll have a female gay tech wizard and male hotshot recruit at the SCPD to change it up?

The recruit is female, but they didn't specify gender for the tech whiz (unless I'm supposed to take it as literal for a guy). 

Sigh. Same old, same old. I see they still haven't learned that the show has way too many characters and we definitely don't need Curtis 2.0 or Dinah 2.0. I can't stand the first two. This is so frustrating. I definitely won't be watching s7 at this rate.

(edited)

Emily Bett Rickards Told Us The Arrow-verse Stories She Wants To See More Of

I'd love to have more female-based episodes. Juliana [Harkavy] and I and Katie Cassidy is around as well. But she's around other shows too. Juliana and I are sort of holding down the women fort on that team, and it would be nice to get all the women over there and have a solid episodic storyline with all of us. That'd be really cool.

A female-centric episode of Arrow could borrow characters from the other Arrow-verse series for a crossover that could be a lot of fun and give the women a chance to shine in a new way. The closest thing Arrow has delivered to a female-centric episode was arguably "Birds of Prey" back in Season 2; surely the time has come for more women to come together for a bigger story! Felicity and Dinah would probably welcome some help from other Arrow-verse heroines.

All the ladies! We could get Caity Lotz back in there, obviously Katrina Law... Danielle Nicolet, Candice [Patton], Katie Cassidy. I would have everybody on that show. I'd just be like, 'Everyone who's a lady, you come here!' And then I'd make them all stay forever on our show, forever and ever and ever. And ever.

OMG, please let it be true that Arrow isn't stuck with her full time!

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 4

Random thoughts/questions...

If Felicity and William are in a ARGUS safe house will she be allowed to help the team?

Since SA is talking like S7 is it for him (golf analogy has him in the final stretch) does he go out with a bang or a happily ever after?  With an Olicity baby rumor out there it could go either way.  If it goes badly, Felicity would have a child that might prompt her to give up being a vigilante. In the comics, Felicity only helped the vigilantes for a time.  If it doesn't end tragically, they could leave together and start a new life elsewhere. (Emily changing her reps looks like an eye to the future.) 

As for Green Arrow, maybe Diggle or Roy take over the "mantle"?  SA gives a weird answer to the question of who would he like to play Green Arrow after him in the Motor City CC panel.  He was talking about being a caretaker for the Green Arrow character. Someone played him before.  Someone will play him after.  I might not have thought too much about it but SA sounds like he's preparing his fans for his swan song so who knows. :-)

In S5 they were trying to market Wild Dog as being like S1 Oliver. (Boy did they miss the mark!)  Makes  me wonder if the ambitious, young female recruit who is anti-vigilante is a potential love interest for Rene.  Roy might be another option if he's staying around. Depends on the reason he left Thea and returns to Star City. 

29 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Random thoughts/questions...

If Felicity and William are in a ARGUS safe house will she be allowed to help the team?

Realistically probably not but here who knows? Oliver also said they'd only be in protective custody until Diaz was off the board (which, considering he publicly revealed himself and won't be around to protect them, seems like a terrible idea but so does literally everything else about this plan so...) so supposing Diaz is caught quickly (please, God) she could back on the team fairly early.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

OMG, please let it be true that Arrow isn't stuck with her full time!

So that's both EBR and DR indicating KC is limited on Arrow.

On other shows as well though? So she gonna be on LoT right? right? lol. But MG already confirmed she'd be back as a series regular so she'll be in at least half the season. 

But I really need an all females episode. A lot of different dynamics I'd want to see.

10 hours ago, tv echo said:

Don't know if this means anything at all...

Maybe she was discussing how and when Siren switches over to LoT.

11 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

But MG already confirmed she'd be back as a series regular so she'll be in at least half the season. 

Not really. it just means she gets paid for at least 13 episodes. And there's no reason all those episodes have to be on Arrow. It's probably like that deal she had the season before last where they used her across the shows.

• Love 2

Of course they just have to pay her but I doubt they would use her less then 13 if the show is getting 22/23. And unless her contract is still a special kind of contract, I dont know that it just extends to using her wherever they want. 

(edited)

If the theory that these new characters might be in the flash forwards is correct, I wonder if the Olicity Baby will appear only as a 25-year-old tech genius and not as a baby.  On the one hand, I wasn't keen on having a baby in the middle of the action.  On the other hand, this show seems to botch all the big life moments, including pregnancy and birth which are usually considered "event" television.

Edited by thegirlsleuth
  • Love 4
(edited)

I have a feeling she may end up on Legends when Arrow wraps up Diaz and Oliver gets out of jail, then maybe Siren leaves after that. I hope not because I just don't see her fitting that cast, and I'd love Wally & Zari to get some much needed focus, which will already be hard with Constantine on board.That said, she doesn't really fit on Arrow anymore either. She has no connection to anyone now that Lance is gone, and Oliver and the team don't seem interested in her at all. They should have just brought original Laurel back if they wanted to keep her on Arrow.

Edited by JJ928

If only they'd brought back OG Laurel. But if they need/want to they can find a way to connect Laurel to any of them so really just depends on their long term plans for the character. Though if I can get some more bonding between Sara/Laurel, I will be here for it. 

(edited)
12 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

They should have just brought original Laurel back if they wanted to keep her on Arrow.

That's just it. I don't think they did. I still think 510 was supposed to be her swan song. Which is why it included that very meta statement of having Felicity punch Laurel. I don't think she was even supposed to come back in the finale either until, for some reason, some poor schmuck got her added on the show again. 

It's quite obvious they didn't want her back. Good Lord, they pretty much kept her away from the main cast for the most part of the season.

It seems incredibly stupid for the Arrow Big Bad to basically ended up some irrelevant character's storyline in S7 instead of Oliver, the hero of the show, finishing him off. But I'll take Diaz and BS being on their own revenge island. I'd rather keep them away from my OTA/Olicity. And after Diaz is dead, I do hope Cassidy ends up somewhere else, far away from Arrow. I'm sorry, LOT folks, if she ends up on your show but consider it payback for seasons 3 and 4, when Arrow had to set aside time to set up your show :P

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 9
55 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

I have a feeling she may end up on Legends when Arrow wraps up Diaz and Oliver gets out of jail, then maybe Siren leaves after that.

Could be why CL showed up in the finale. It sure wasn't to have any scenes with her horribly injured father. 

I'd actually love to see a future scene with Olicity and Dyla's offspring being super badass, but that seems like a one-off episode or a coda to the series finale. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I’m not sure Legends has a series regular spot open at this point, unless their budget has increased.  I mean, I rule nothing out where KC is concerned, but Legends already has nine full-time cast members.  We lost Martin, Jax, and Damien Darhk, and picked up Wally, Constantine, and Ava.  Amaya left, but they’ve said that Maisie will still be a regular next season, although they haven’t said how exactly.  

I could see them doing some crossover appearances, but moving her as a series regular?  I don’t know about that.

Edited by Starfish35

Yeah her supposed arc on LOT in S2 ended up being one scene with Sara. I can see them doing some flashbacks with E1LL with Sara, especially if she is now mourning her father as well. Maybe Siren for a few eps but the story arcs for the season that we know about don't really need her. And if they also go on full civil war I seriously don't want White Canary vs "Black Canary" because that would become a shitshow for me and there will be calls for the real comics character to take over as Captain fulltime and kill off Sara again etc. Plus as @Starfish35 said, the Waverider is currently quite full up and they already have some confirmed recurring characters (Nora's probably going to be enough of a handful, we don't need BS to go with that). 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Proteus said:

What did DR say? Thanks.

He told a fan at a Con that BS would be back for a few in S7. The fan got the impression her contract wasn’t what it was in S6.

• Love 1

Yeah Sara's appearance arrow seemed more about meeting Yanny and not about Lance dying. Of all the peculiar decisions in the finale, Rene having a scene with Lance instead of Sara was the most odd thing to do.

SO yeah, I hope she leaves, I don't want her on LOT but I'm more invested in Arrow so I want her far away from the show as possible.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

I’m not sure Legends has a series regular spot open at this point, unless their budget has increased.  I mean, I rule nothing out where KC is concerned, but Legends already has nine full-time cast members.  We lost Martin, Jax, and Damien Darhk, and picked up Wally, Constantine, and Ava.  Amaya left, but they’ve said that Maisie will still be a regular next season, although they haven’t said how exactly.  

I could see them doing some crossover appearances, but moving her as a series regular?  I don’t know about that.

Yeah, I don't see Laurel joining Legends. Their cast of regulars is filled to capacity. I think Laurel is remaining on Arrow. Zari & Wally just joined the Legends team this season & next season we have two more new members. I don't see any room for Laurel.

• Love 1

I also don't think Phil Klemmer has any interest in Laurel, whenever they were asked about her he was always saying "I don't know" then move on to another question. He's shown much more interest in trying to the get the Mari actress on the show.  

• Love 3