Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Hmm, did we ever find out if CL was filming for 306? I remember a tweet about receiving script and filming, which coincided with the start of 306 but we didn't know if it was Arrow or something else.

we didn't confirm it but I'm just assuming if Nyssa is filming, Sara is filming as well. 

This is very shallow, but Brandon Routh looks pretty hot in that second to the last photo :)

I'll join you in the shallow end. If his screen time on Arrow has him looking like that then the last thing I'll be noticing is his acting ability, or lack thereof.

• Love 1

BTW didn't Felicity live in a house? That's an apartment. Or do apartments come in the form of houses?

We only saw the facade in that episode where she brought Digg hot chocolate so I don't think we got a definitive answer as to whether Felicity lived in a house or apartment. But yes, some houses, if big enough, can be subdivided into apartments. That may be the case here.

• Love 1

Is it weird that I am going to be sorely disappointed if Digg's baby is not actually named Digglet?

haha I know you're joking but can you imagine a girl having a name Digglet Diggle (remember Diggle is his LAST name :P ) 

Someone will call that baby Digglet on the show - may be Felicity or Roy - because the writers often include things that fans talk about like this. Remember the first time they use the word 'Team Arrow', that too was between Felicity and Roy.

So Oliver as a son (we presume) and Diggle has a daughter.... you know Oliver is going to be extra 'you can't get hurt, you have a baby daughter' to Diggle.  He can be a douche but he is protective of the women and children.

Felicity's house is probably divided into apartments because having a house to live in all by herself would be too much space and too much cleaning.

I never thought of Felicity as a "loud" personality really..she wasn't really a daring person before Oliver and Diggle.

She wasn't daring but she had bright lipstick and clothes and glasses with frames that stood out and and edge-of-fashion nail polish even at work, and she's always been quirky.  And she did leave Las Vegas to go to MIT.

I like the burgundy settee, it feels like something Felicity would have but the rest of the room is too bland and a mish-mash of styles.  She likes distinctive dresses and shoes so even if she didn't have much money, I would think she'd go for interesting second-hand pieces, maybe buying them on-line.

• Love 3

I like the burgundy settee, it feels like something Felicity would have but the rest of the room is too bland and a mish-mash of styles.  She likes distinctive dresses and shoes so even if she didn't have much money, I would think she'd go for interesting second-hand pieces, maybe buying them on-line.

I kind of disagree.

my clothes tend to very colorful, just like felicity, yet my furniture is... very dark brown, white & black in its color tone (actually my sofa is the exact same shade as Felicity's- i wouldn't be surprised if that's an IKEA sofa). sometimes its nice to have basic colors.

• Love 1

I kind of disagree.

my clothes tend to very colorful, just like felicity, yet my furniture is... very dark brown, white & black in its color tone (actually my sofa is the exact same shade as Felicity's- i wouldn't be surprised if that's an IKEA sofa). sometimes its nice to have basic colors.

This. I was thinking the same thing after reading everbody's comments. A person's taste in clothes and interior decor are two very different things. Just because you like to wear orange doesn't mean you would like to have your tv hung on a wall painted in the same colour. I'd say she needs a soothing environment after the kind of work she does and her apartment looks just that to me. I love how it seemed to be flooded with sunlight...to me THAT seemed like something very Felicity-like.

• Love 2

delurking to agree with this comment....

I wear black all the time....I don't live in a black house.... It's creams and blues and browns.  What I wear is very different to how I decorate.  I think the image is quite Felicity.  Understated, bright and airy, classy.... but above all functional.  

I'd like the couch in a different area but my sister is a tecno-queen and she just carries her lap top etc wherever the good light is....

Back to the recesses of the internet

• Love 2

Personally, with Felicity's apartment, I didn't expect it to be really bright and colourful, but I did expect there to be some pops of colour. Like, the apartment seems fine as a base, but small things like maybe using a slightly brighter yellow, or painting one of her shelves. I do like her burgundy couch thing though. I think I'm going to reserve a full judgment until we get to see it in it's full glory though.

I wonder where she keeps her technology...

There's so much color in that apartment, I don't get the complaints that it's dull,

Pink Yoga Mat or Floor Runner

Maroon Fouton

Yellow Throw

Blue/White Pillows

Yellow Flowers

Blue Wall

Blue/Orange Pillow

Blue Curtains

Yellow Vase

Green House Plants

Colorful Little nicknacks

Robot by the TV.

• Love 7

Are you sure they're connected? I saw the tweets between JRR and BamBam but they never mentioned KC.

The last tweet seems related to this conversation.

Katie Cassidy (@MzKatieCassidy) tweeted at 7:55 PM on Fri, Sep 12, 2014:

Livin this lifestyle, that's what's up. Right?! @jamesbamford http://t.co/yT38NqHYg2

(https://twitter.com/MzKatieCassidy/status/510577504579358720)

Edited by Morrigan2575

Are you sure they're connected? I saw the tweets between JRR and BamBam but they never mentioned KC.

The last tweet seems related to this conversation.

I assume they are connected because he told KC that he was proud of her minutes before he praised JR for a job well done. Also, BamBam sent KC a separate reply to the tweet you mentioned:

Katie Cassidy (@MzKatieCassidy) tweeted at 4:55 PM on Fri, Sep 12, 2014:

Livin this lifestyle, that's what's up. Right?! @jamesbamford http://instagram.com/p/s3VocRlS5b/

James Bamford (@James Bamford) tweeted at 6:17PM on Fri. Sep 12, 2014

@MzKatieCassidy Oh....that's what's up.

Source

Edited by strikera0

All of this talk of Felicity's apartment being too normal reminds me of those new Gap commercials. "Decorate normal. It's what happens inside that's extraordinary." Maybe it was designed to look neutral so that green won't clash. The Arrow might be spending time there.

• Love 2

Janina G. and Cynthia A. look different with minimal make-up. Cynthia especially looks much softer.

There's so much color in that apartment, I don't get the complaints that it's dull,

There is color but except for the settee, it's all muted.

I understand decorating in neutral tones.  I do it myself, keeping walls and major furniture neutral so that I can have some things like a lamp or a cushion that really stand out, and I can switch them around easily when I get bored with them.  It's just that I think of Felicity having a strong personality and I don't see that in the apartment.  It feels like a jumble someone put together because they thought a young single woman would have that.  For example, if the big plant is plastic, as HighHopes suggested, I don't see Felicity as the kind of person who would have a plastic plant because it's fake and just for show (and Felicity herself really isn't), not to mention hard to dust.  And I don't know any smart person who has that much room on her shelves, usually they're overflowing with books and DVDs. But I'll wait to see the episode.

I hope there's a good story behind the poster because without it, it looks like evidence of Felicity's crush on Oliver.  Now if it were Captain Blood....

• Love 1

I wasn't thrilled with Felicity's apartment, it just wasn't what I personally was picturing. I had an image of something more eclectic, antiques mixed with lots of modern tech, pops of bright colors and a very homey feel to it. What we got looks more like this years Ikea magazines "ideal living room." But after thinking about it for a while I think this is probably something that will happen a lot with Felicity, at least for me, because we have been given very little information about her past and her life outside of the Arrow Cave all of us have imagined what her life might be like. I had a very definite image of her home in my mind, even though I've tried not actively fill in blanks around her. I think as the writers give us more info it will be a matter of letting what I imagined for her go and accepting what they are creating for her.

I'm also hoping this was a picture taken as the season started just because I find it strange that their are no personal items around specifically personal photos on the mantel.  I'm hoping once her mother was cast they put a few pictures up there. Maybe that's the main problem I have with the apartment it seems very... impersonal.

• Love 4

but @statsgirl this is 2014! any person with an inclining to books and a computer probably uses a kindle (or a kindle app). i have close to 100 books in physical form and a hell of alot more time than Felicity, still i have amassed quite a nice collection of books on my kindle, i also borrow books alot! i just don't have the space for a huge bookcase like my mom has (wish i did).

I am only a couple of years older than Felicity- so we are of the same age group- seriously everyone i know who are in their 20's and uses computers as much as Felicity does has long ago stopped buying books in physical form, unless it's something of great interest to them (for me it's almost always cooking books and some of the classics, and if the book was really cheap at the 2nd hand store).

plus, alot of people today - okay those in my age group, that i have seen- only showcase a small amount of their books in their living room while they have a bigger bookcase in a separate study room, simply to avoid over decorating the living room, especially if you have a small one.

as for the colors, being myself an ideas type of person where my brain is always "on", on the "on" switch, i kind of enjoy having muted color scheme in my house because it helps a little to relax my brain and let it go from "on" to "day-dream" mode, it helps with the ADD too. i still have colors here and there- although scary enough i just looked at my cats and they all have brown-ish, gray, black & white coloring patterns!

Edited by foreverevolving

Felicity strikes me as the person who needs to have a place for everything, so the lack of clutter works for me. From the picture, her apartment looks bright, airy and clean. It might not have the bright colours on the walls or on the shelves but for me, it still seems like Felicity. But this is also only one room, there is still her bedroom and possibly either a guest room or study to see, and her kitchen. Any of those 3 places could have the colour that her main room doesn't. 

It's possible that Felicity is still a renter, so she might not even be able to paint the walls? 

• Love 3

I admit, my impression of the place greatly improved when I saw the original source photo.  I have a feeling it will look even better in episode when all the lighting of properly done.  I liked her cluttered back wall shelf full of books and knickknacks.  By her TV she has game paddles and other component boxes.  I don't see scattered DVD's but my friend who is also an IT guy only has a few sacred programs on DVD and everything else is on his hard drives. 

As for books, yeah, I switched over to Kindle about 3 or four years ago mostly because of the storage issue and I kept my big book shelf in the bedroom.  I intended to decorate my living room in bright colors but I ended up having all my base pieces in shades of brown and neutral wall paint.  The curtains, the throws and the throw pillows are bright but it is still a work in progress.

It could be that growing up in Vegas she rejects decorating with anything that could be considered garish or over the top.

As for the Robin Hood poster, I see it not as a sign of a crush but an ironic in joke she would have between herself and the world. 

Ha oddly enough the only thing that struck me as wrong per se was the pink rug/runner, but when I realized it could be a yoga mat I chilled. I'm not going to take the Robin Hood poster as anything other than a meta wink, not a true reflection of Felicity's character.

I like that it's eclectic, even if it does seem a little low key for her personality, I definitely agree that may be a reflection of her desire not to be like her tacky Vegas mommy's tastes. I can actually see her mom walking in commenting on how boring it is, only to have Felicity be like, "Success!" 

• Love 3

I laughed when I saw that photo; I was eyeing a couch very similar to that style and color at Restoration Warehouse just the other day. I like her place; I can imagine her in it. I imagine it would look different with TV lighting. As for the poster, I agree with BkWurm1 in that Felicity probably sees it as inside joke of sorts.

• Love 1