Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I'm not saying it's my thoughts of an ass grab yesterday that made it actually happen, but I'm also not not saying that.

Basically you're all welcome! ?

No Felicity or Diggle in the crossover key art? They seem to be going for an "all masks" thing or whatever, but uh, did they forget Diggle is Spartan? 

(I kind of figured Thea would be MIA during the crossover, whether it's due to her just coming out of a coma/still in a coma/just conveniently taking a trip out of town.)

• Love 1

It looks like evil/alternate versions of the characters to me. It's hilarious that instead of better integrating the side characters they are like nope evil versions of the main characters.

ETA: After reading @apinknightmare's link, please no Nazis.

9 MINUTES AGO, WAY2INTERESTED SAID:

That sounds very entertaining to me.

NGL, I would like to see an evil Felicity and an evil Diggle but I don't think they will have time. ☹️

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1

They are so dumb. Excluding Felicity and Diggle but including the new masks just makes me resent the newbies tbh. It's so unfair and it makes me wonder just how much screen time they're going to get. Felicity especially because she doesn't wear a mask at all.

Haha, that's a no from me.

Edited by Guest

I guess she can provide the tech support staying back with Iris while the others fight the evil version of themselves..I'm also wondering how many villains they plan to include without it resulting in a hot mess.

Just now, LolaRuns said:

So maybe the two weddings being officiated, maybe it might just be Barry and Iris twice. One time it gets interrupted and one time for real? 

It could be that. I don't understand why he worded it like that though..you should say "Dig will officiate a wedding twice", not two weddings if it's the same one.

3 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

It could be that. I don't understand why he worded it like that though..you should say "Dig will officiate a wedding twice", not two weddings if it's the same one.

The balls it'd take to ask a man whose kid you erased from existence to officiate your wedding, LOL. 

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

The balls it'd take to ask a man whose kid you erased from existence to officiate your wedding, LOL. 

So much this.  If Arrow - and specifically Diggle and Felicity were treated equitably in this "universe," Diggle would punch Barry in the face every time he sees him. 

All that artwork does is confirm my instinct not to watch any of the crossover. 

• Love 2

According to this article, the characters getting evil versions will be Oliver, Supergirl, Barry and someone we don't know (the other archer in the poster, I guess). No mention of Nazis. What the hell is Earth X? {ETA: Earth X is apparently a version of Earth where Nazis won, so maybe that will come up after all.]

The premise is that Barry and Iris’ long awaited wedding pulls together all their friends, whether from this Earth or otherwise, only to be gatecrashed by evil versions of Kara, Ollie, and Barry from Earth-X, alongside a fourth mysterious masked bow-wielding villain. 

I really hope Dig isn't officiating the wedding (or if he is, he did Olicity's first at least). This feels like a wet blanket has been thrown over all the excitement of the last day of pap pics (of which this one is my new fave -- it's like she slapped his butt so hard he's complaining about it):

Edited by Trisha
  • Love 7
Just now, Trisha said:

I really hope Dig isn't officiating the wedding (or if he is, he did Olicity's first at least). This feels like a wet blanket has been thrown over all the excitement of the last day of pap pics (of which this one is my new fave -- it's like she slapped his butt so hard he's complaining about it):

He teased that he's officiating two - probably both for Iris and Barry - I can't imagine that there'd somehow be three and he'd be spared from marrying WestAllen, haha.

1 hour ago, leopardprint said:

It looks like evil/alternate versions of the characters to me. It's hilarious that instead of better integrating the side characters they are like nope evil versions of the main characters.

ETA: After reading @apinknightmare's link, please no Nazis.

NGL, I would like to see an evil Felicity and an evil Diggle but I don't think they will have time. ☹️

Which is my biggest gripe about crossovers. I get the first 2 centering around Arrow/Flash, but after that,  change up the dynamics! Let others take bigger focus. The big 3 can still be important in their own way.

And since it's Earth X it looks like the animated series will probably set this up? We are getting our first glimpse of EX baddies in animated form afterall.

Does all this mean there's a good chance we're on track for a 620 wedding? Because if they're not re engaged yet a 620 wedding sounds like it'll be about right. Time to mend things with Diggle etc

I also can't work out if the pics are Felicity bonding with William or EBR bonding with the actor. They're starting to sell me on William *damn Felicity can sell me anything*

• Love 2

I still need to know why Diggle is officiating both WA weddings (probably) when they already have Ray there to officiate, if needed. 

They always double down on the masks for the crossovers, except for the first one.  That's why I hate the crossovers.  All hype, no enjoyment.

The premise is that Barry and Iris’ long awaited wedding

The other reason I hate the crossovers.  It makes assumptions about viewers of all the shows, generally in line with what Bam Bam thinks.  No thanks.

2 hours ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I swear I don't get the fascination of using Nazis in fiction. The real ones were/are more than enough.

It's a shorthand for EVUL!  BAD!  HATE THEM! for people who don't know any other history or nuance.  Or at least it was until recently

3 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

It's Barry.  You can't be surprised.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Mellowyellow said:

Ray is technically dead isn't he?

Oh yeah. So Diggle steps in? Why couldn't their dad do it?

Edited by Guest
6 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I am sorely disappointed with the premise of the Crossover. Really pissed about it actually.

I don't trust these writers to do a Nazi story line justice. Just like I don't trust them to do a BLM story line justice. I don't want to see my heroes be Nazis. (Except for Barry if it involves multiple people punching him.) I'm going to need more than a roomful of masks and a roomful of evil doppelganger masks. All gathering for a wedding I give no effs for especially because Iris deserves better. 

I'm trying to take a wait and see attitude, but I'm obviously failing. I should go watch EBR grab SA's butt some more.

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 10
44 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I also can't work out if the pics are Felicity bonding with William or EBR bonding with the actor. They're starting to sell me on William *damn Felicity can sell me anything*

Both, I think. I'm pretty sure the show is gonna use Felicity to "sell" William. I was kinda laughing at the vids I was seeing last night, though. Emily was goofing around with him and he was showing some facial expressions! :P If anybody can make a wooden actor come alive, it's EBR.

• Love 12

I was kinda prepared for it after last year's 100 episode debacle and all the hints that Comic fans will lose their minds etc

They are obviously catering to a certain audience with these Crossovers (and I'm willing to bet this type of audience will enjoy the crossover) so we have to just lump it and hope for better stuff in the normal episodes.

Hehe the butt grab pictures were so well timed! I feel like I've been appeased enough by the pics to be chilled and not rage. Will vent my frustrations through fanfic if need be *skips through a field of clovers with the birds chirping*

• Love 2

I don't mind crossovers being based on big comic events - I think it's pretty cool for shows that follow their own canon a lot of the time to get kinda goofy and do stuff that's true to their roots (to the extent that it can with shows that follow their own canon). I'm here for the character moments - however sparse they are - when we get them and they aren't garbage, which seems to be most of the time! I don't mind a storyline with E1 heroes fighting Nazis, I just don't want the Nazis they're fighting to be some other Earth's versions of themselves. It made me too uncomfortable to watch much of The Ray, and I don't think it will be even a little better here.  

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I don't mind crossovers being based on big comic events - I think it's pretty cool for shows that follow their own canon a lot of the time to get kinda goofy and do stuff that's true to their roots (to the extent that it can with shows that follow their own canon). I'm here for the character moments - however sparse they are - when we get them and they aren't garbage, which seems to be most of the time! I don't mind a storyline with E1 heroes fighting Nazis, I just don't want the Nazis they're fighting to be some other Earth's versions of themselves. It made me too uncomfortable to watch much of The Ray, and I don't think it will be even a little better here.  

If they want to use Nazis, why not just have them be straight up enemies of Team Arrow and Star City. Or if they have to fight their evil doppelgangers just make them evil doppelgangers without making them Nazis.

• Love 2

I definitely have no problem with them doing a big comic book storyline for the crossover. It's a comic book show. I expect it. I just also expect the characters to be treated properly, especially ones who've been core members of the team since the start. 

My only hope right now is that it's better than last year's alien disaster. 

Edited by Guest
9 hours ago, lemotomato said:

It's always great to see them loose and having fun on set. I imagine that being friends with your co-workers helps with the long workdays.

Some were mocking the account that called them an old married couple, saying nothing about the photos screamed couple. The account interjected to say that no, most costars don't hangout between setups. I thought that was nice.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Some were mocking the account that called them an old married couple, saying nothing about the photos screamed couple. The account interjected to say that no, most costars don't hangout between setups. I thought that was nice.

Yeah, the YVR account is pretty straightforward, not mocking like Ken the pap can be or dickish like CG guy. I hope the next time those people beg the paps for details about their fav, they tell them to go kick rocks.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Does all this mean there's a good chance we're on track for a 620 wedding? Because if they're not re engaged yet a 620 wedding sounds like it'll be about right. Time to mend things with Diggle etc

Well she didn't sell me on Ray, although I know she did with you, but LOT managed to somehow. Although if she can bring out expressions in William and not just Jack Moore (who i'm sure is great and everything) then it will be a lot better, especially if they're working on becoming a proto Queen Family.

I'd far rather a wedding being in 6.20 or later in the season than earlier, slightly less chance of it blowing up or anyone dying (obviously not 100% though) than pre MSF.

3 hours ago, Chaser said:

And if they were shown *not* hanging out together the same people would be taking it as proof that they hated each other or both (particularly SA) hated Olicity etc. You're going to see what you want to see I guess.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Mrs. de Winter said:

Evil version of Barry?  How different can they be?

Calling it now... Evil Barry will get all emo, run back in time and inadvertently wipe the rest of his villain team from existence... they'll be self-defeating villains.

• Love 13
6 hours ago, bijoux said:

? Oh, dark humor. It's only funnier when it's true.

OMG. ? ? ?

I wasn't even joking or being snarky about it tbh! Now I realize how it sounded. Haha.