Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Trisha said:

DC just announced a new all-female film called Gotham City Sirens. Margot Robbie is the only confirmed star so far, but maybe it's the reason Geoff Johns brought back KC? (Not that I think she'll be in the film, but maybe to raise awareness for the BC character?)

Or the reason that the show may be bringing in a new character to be another Black Canary. If you were doing a movie, would you really want people to think of a some-what failed character when they think of the Black Canary? Better to create a new one that audiences can think of instead of a semi-well received character that was killed off of her show. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, HighHopes said:

Or the reason that the show may be bringing in a new character to be another Black Canary. If you were doing a movie, would you really want people to think of a some-what failed character when they think of the Black Canary? Better to create a new one that audiences can think of instead of a semi-well received character that was killed off of her show. 

I cannot believe they will let Arrow keep a BC if she is being featured in movie verse. 

Just now, Velocity23 said:

I cannot believe they will let Arrow keep a BC if she is being featured in movie verse. 

They may not keep her. The movie is far away from being made right? Since they just announced it. Bring in Tina, set up the NuBC and have her around for at least season 5B and season 6. 

Just now, Carrie Ann said:

It's an all-female-villain movie, right? BC isn't a villain?

I think it could mean all the villains are female? Not that the movie only features villains, but I could be wrong. Either way, those villains probably have to fight someone or how are they villains? Through in a scene or two of the good guys, and then the next movie could be the female heroes? 

• Love 2

It was said to be on the fast track. The Flash movie lost its director the last time i heard. So i dont know what WB plans next. 

Also WB will start developing their merchandise soon. 

Edited by Velocity23

"Were we too obvious?" Not to Oliver. With the way they're writing him right now, I really am convinced that Susan could tell him she's taking a trip to Russia to meet with a source for a big story and he'd just tell her, "Have fun! Bring back more vodka!" 

I expect that to blow up in Oliver's face around the same time that Tina joins the team, Felicity's off doing her own thing, Lance returns from rehab, Diggle gets his freedom and Prometheus decides it's time for another major attack. That will all, of course, be in one episode. Maybe Thea and Rene will also have stuff going on then too. 

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

It was said to be on the fast track. The Flash movie lost its director the last time i heard. So i dont know what WB plans next. 

Also WB will start developing their merchandise soon. 

Replying in Mind Your Surroundings

7 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

Well, they brought Superman into Arrowverse in Supergirl, and that Superman is completely different from DCMU Superman. I don't think a new Black Canary having any resemblance to DC movies Canary is their main concern.

• Love 2

You're probably right. What they want is the name recognition if/when the character is in a movie.

Everyone has heard of Superman but only the comic book fans have heard of The Black Canary, and the Laurel version didn't do much to encourage fans to go out and watch her in a movie

11 hours ago, CooperTV said:

Well, they brought Superman into Arrowverse in Supergirl, and that Superman is completely different from DCMU Superman. I don't think a new Black Canary having any resemblance to DC movies Canary is their main concern.

I may be mistaken but isnt Superman in the movie verse considered dead? 

16 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

You're probably right. What they want is the name recognition if/when the character is in a movie.

Everyone has heard of Superman but only the comic book fans have heard of The Black Canary, and the Laurel version didn't do much to encourage fans to go out and watch her in a movie

Why take a no name actress to be BC then. Surely there was a pool of kick-ass women from the Spartacus pool Arrow and Flash like to bring in their shows. 

32 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

I may be mistaken but isnt Superman in the movie verse considered dead? 

I don't think so? They had a funeral for him to have a The Death of Superman scene, so I think he's alive after all? I only "watched" BvS on CinemaSins channel in their video "Everything Wrong with Batman v Superman". Apparently that movie is completely terrible, IDK. I did watch Man of Steel. It's four hours of my life I'll never get back.

BvS also has a non-CW!The Flash! The Flash is also going to be in his own movie and will appear in Justice League.

Black Canary and co should be on their own Birds of Prey show anyway. I don't think Arrowverse writers can write female characters all that well but it would be a better solution for everyone to introduce new BC into Arrow and then move her to all-female-character-DC-spinoff.

Stephen Amell was that one werewolf on a couple episodes of TVD and that mostly-naked guy in that male prostitute show when he was cast as Green Arrow. Grant Gustin was at most a recurring on Glee when he was cast as Flash. Caity Lotz was a total nobody when she was cast as proto-BC. Heck, Melissa Benoist was just a regular for a season (two?) on Glee when she was cast as Supergirl. Katie Cassidy was probably the best known of all the original-ish cast, and that didn't work out so well.

JH was more than a one-off on The Walking Dead, one of the biggest tv shows going. That's at least as good as most of the rest.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

JH was more than a one-off on The Walking Dead, one of the biggest tv shows going. That's at least as good as most of the rest.

Every time I read JH I think people mean Justin Hartley.  My Smallville roots are showing again.  

• Love 7

So according to Brian Ford Sullivan they are writing an unorthodox emotionally heavy and forebodingly dark episode currently- does anyone know what episode the writers would be up to in the writing schedule? 

If I'm doing the math correctly, he's probably on 17 or 18. They normally get 6-7 weeks to write the script

14 - filming, finishes 1/5

15 - In prep (films 1/6 - 1/17)

16 -  final stages of writing, drafts/notes etc (films 1/18 - 1/27)

17 - being written. (Films 1/30 - 2/8)

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 3

I'm going to take a stab at it and go with 518, with how plot ramping/emotional/twisting their 18th episodes usually are (218: Isabel's revealed to be working for Slade, Thea finds out Malcolm's her father; 318: Ra's outs Oliver as the Arrow to Lance; 418: Laurel dies).

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, way2interested said:

I'm going to take a stab at it and go with 518, with how plot ramping/emotional/twisting their 18th episodes usually are (218: Isabel's revealed to be working for Slade, Thea finds out Malcolm's her father; 318: Ra's outs Oliver as the Arrow to Lance; 418: Laurel dies).

Yay. I'm curious what's in store this year.

10 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

No.  Yes, he "died" in BvS but everyone knows he'll be back in Justice League somehow.

But he is not starring in his own movie anytime soon, right? That feels more fair game for WB giving the green light for a few appearances. 

2 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

But he is not starring in his own movie anytime soon, right? That feels more fair game for WB giving the green light for a few appearances. 

No one said Black Canary was going to be starring in her own movie anytime soon either. 

• Love 2

One writer's speculation about the latest Felicity spoiler (he thinks that turning Felicity into a darker character might not be the best idea)...

'Arrow' Poll: Do You Want to See a Darker Felicity? 
Derek Stauffer   Tuesday, December 13, 2016
http://www.buddytv.com/articles/arrow/arrow-poll-do-you-want-to-see-62470.aspx

... The implication, though, seems to be that Felicity, who has always been the moral compass of Arrow, will find herself thinking a little bit differently in season 5. Arrow appears to be preparing us for a ruthless Felicity and that's fine as long as it is within reason for her character and kept within moderation. 

Season 5 might have Felicity cross some lines but there are a few things that should still be off-limits.... Felicity has always been the voice of reason on Arrow, however. She, more than any other character, keeps Oliver from going completely over the edge. In season 5 Oliver might be in a better emotional place than ever before but Felicity should still be a beacon of hope for the show, even if her beacon gets a little dim in season 5. 
It's fine if Felicity breaks the law (she does that already) or forges shaky alliances with shady people (she has done it in the past) but in her hunt to take down Prometheus, Felicity shouldn't become a villain herself. I certainly don't want to see Felicity kill anyone in Arrow season 5. Though season 5 has pushed it to the side, the season started with Felicity feeling extremely guilty over her part in the destruction of Havenrock and all the deaths it caused. If the "morally questionable" actions Felicity is going to engage in involve killing, even killing of bad guys, it's going to feel like too much of a departure for her character.

The other concern is how much Billy's death will change Felicity because unfortunately Arrow fans do not care about Billy. Arrow never gave the audience a reason to care about Billy other than the fact that he was Felicity's boyfriend.... Oliver putting killing back on his vigilante menu after Laurel died made sense because of the connection Oliver and the audience had to Laurel. Felicity drastically changing because of Billy's death won't have the same weight. 
... Arrow shouldn't emphasize that Billy's death is the impetus for Felicity's change. Rather, Billy's death should be the final straw for Felicity after a series of tragedies in her life. Billy's death should inspire Felicity to be less passive and reactionary and that is the exciting part of her new journey. 
Felicity has always been a strong character. Even when she was the stuttering IT girl, Felicity didn't let herself be trampled or ignored. Felicity hasn't always been an independent character. She's been a leader on Team Arrow but most of her storylines have been born out of the interactions and relationships she has with other characters. 

Season 5 could see Felicity not necessarily step out on her own from Team Arrow but do things independently, unknown to Oliver and the gang. It would be gratifying (and reasonable) for Oliver to get a little of his own medicine with Felicity. Now she could be the one being stubborn and secretive. Again, though, this should probably be within reason. It doesn't make sense for Felicity to become so stubborn that she basically becomes Oliver -- one Oliver is enough for Arrow

The idea of Felicity getting more involved in the action of the season and doing more than sitting behind a keyboard and giving Oliver pep/morality talks sounds fantastic. Arrow just shouldn't sacrifice what makes Felicity Felicity to get there. Felicity deserves her moment in the action but she should still act and sound like Felicity while doing it.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

No one said Black Canary was going to be starring in her own movie anytime soon either. 

Neither did Deadshot but he was still removed way before they started shooting SS. And if they really were looking for improving the reputation BC has on Arrow they would have gone with someone like CL known for athleticism and stunt work.  And we all seen by the example of KC that working out in a gym doesnt mean anything when it comes to sell the stunts believably. 

8 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Superman is going to be in Justice League, one way or the other. Arrowverse's Superman has nothing to do with anything WB ever came up with, that's the thing. Just like CW's The Flash has nothing to do with WB's Flash.

Then again, neither Flash, nor Superman could be compared to Black Canary in any way.

Ive been thinking the last couple of days and I think there may be some over stating of Felicity going "Dark" I'm not convinced she's going to go full on Villan. I think her going dark could just be that shes blood thirsty to get Prometheus which we have never seen Felicity get over a Villan before. 

• Love 1

I thought Felicity was relatively bloodthirsty towards Gossip Ghul, Damien Darkh, Malcolm. She just wasn't in a position to really go after them like she wanted or had the capability to do so to the degree she does now. 

If she goes all darkside over her barely boyfriend I'll presume it's because she's still having major PTSD over her role in the destruction of Havenrock  and Billy's death because of Prometheus. And that she will be trying to assuage that guilt by going after Prometheus.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

I thought Felicity was relatively bloodthirsty towards Gossip Ghul, Damien Darkh, Malcolm. If she goes all darkside over her barely boyfriend I'll presume it's because she's still having major PTSD over her role in the destruction of Havenrock and that she will be trying to assuage that guilt.

Just now, LeighAn said:

Ive been thinking the last couple of days and I think there may be some over stating of Felicity going "Dark" I'm not convinced she's going to go full on Villan. I think her going dark could just be that shes blood thirsty to get Prometheus which we have never seen Felicity get over a Villan before. 

I definitely think there's some overstating in a lot of things, this included. Like, I don't think Laurel's appearance is going to be as big a deal, neither will Tina, and Felicity's "dark" arc isn't going to be as "dark" as some might be thinking either. And, in thinking of her progression to this potential way of thinking, it makes sense in a natural way. Like s1 started with her just wanting to stop the evil plan while not really being concerned at all about Malcolm, s2 she wanted to stop Slade too but was trying to keep Oliver on his no-killing stance, s3 she was on-board for Oliver killing Ra's because he was a rather immediate threat to Oliver, s4 she was actually some what out for blood for Oliver killing Darhk because he killed Laurel, now we're probably going to get Felicity wanting Prometheus dead herself regardless of what Oliver thinks/wants/decides to do. Kind of just looks like a progression to me. 

• Love 6

Eh, IMO, the Tina as possible BC is valid conversation. I haven't really weighed in on either side, mostly because I'm not reading and commenting as often of late and late to the party on some things. There might be others like me, that comment after reading more information etc.  

• Love 3

At this point, I'm a bit more interested in what we'll see of Tina as a detective - especially since it seems like the team needs the police only when the writers deem it necessary. (Felicity needed Malone to test Rory's rag because she didn't have the right equipment just so they could show her visiting him at work, but they have all this other stuff in the lair that they use to run tests.) Will we see more corrupt cops, or did they drop that when they killed Church? Will we see Pike again? Etc. 

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, way2interested said:

I definitely think there's some overstating in a lot of things, this included. Like, I don't think Laurel's appearance is going to be as big a deal, neither will Tina, and Felicity's "dark" arc isn't going to be as "dark" as some might be thinking either. And, in thinking of her progression to this potential way of thinking, it makes sense in a natural way. Like s1 started with her just wanting to stop the evil plan while not really being concerned at all about Malcolm, s2 she wanted to stop Slade too but was trying to keep Oliver on his no-killing stance, s3 she was on-board for Oliver killing Ra's because he was a rather immediate threat to Oliver, s4 she was actually some what out for blood for Oliver killing Darhk because he killed Laurel, now we're probably going to get Felicity wanting Prometheus dead herself regardless of what Oliver thinks/wants/decides to do. Kind of just looks like a progression to me. 

For me it's impossible to tell, bc she also told Oliver to go kill Slade in S2 and was fine with killing all Mirakuru soldiers until suddenly they were all against killing the Mirakuru soldiers, after literally ATTEMPTING TO KILL ALL THE MIRAKURU SOLDIERS and failing. It's all so plot-based, but overall she's mostly just supportive of whatever Oliver wants/needs re killing, obviously assuming he doesn't start randomly murdering puppies and orphans. Overall I definitely don't think she's going to go all that dark. They really talked up her going dark in S4 as well and it ended up basically being one line about Oliver needing to kill Darhk. (As an aside someone on Twitter specced about her hooking up with Vigilante, I DON'T MEAN ROMANTICALLY, and I thought that was kind of genius.)

I also think this LL is just Black Siren, in fact I'll be surprised if she's not. It's an Occam's Razor situation to me. We know Black Siren is on E1 like 400 miles away. It'd be no biggie for her to show up in another town, and maybe she actually was in love with Dead E2 OQ, which could be kind of heartbreaking if the show had good writers and KC were a stronger actress. (WM also seems to have ruled out the drugged vodka spec plus I would think for Felicity to be skeptical of this LL she'd have to be able to see her, meaning she couldn't be Oliver's hallucination.) I still think her appearance is to slide on into NuBC, but I won't go into that.

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

For me it's impossible to tell, bc she also told Oliver to go kill Slade in S2 and was fine with killing all Mirakuru soldiers until suddenly they were all against killing the Mirakuru soldiers, after literally ATTEMPTING TO KILL ALL THE MIRAKURU SOLDIERS and failing. It's all so plot-based, but overall she's mostly just supportive of whatever Oliver wants/needs re killing, obviously assuming he doesn't start randomly murdering puppies and orphans. Overall I definitely don't think she's going to go all that dark. They really talked up her going dark in S4 as well and it ended up basically being one line about Oliver needing to kill Darhk. (As an aside someone on Twitter specced about her hooking up with Vigilante, I DON'T MEAN ROMANTICALLY, and I thought that was kind of genius.)

I agree, although I guess in this case it could be more of Felicity being more pro-killing herself in this case rather than being either nonchalant about it or just being supportive of Oliver's stance? Like taking matters into her own hands rather than just taking a stance with regards to Oliver or delegating/pushing him to do it. I don't think she'll go all that dark either, but wow I really like that spec with Vigilante. It would at least connect Vigilante to the plot instead of him just randomly being in the city and be kind of a weird/neat parallel for her helping Vigilante vs her helping present/past Oliver.

18 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

I also think this LL is just Black Siren, in fact I'll be surprised if she's not. It's an Occam's Razor situation to me. We know Black Siren is on E1 like 400 miles away. It'd be no biggie for her to show up in another town, and maybe she actually was in love with Dead E2 OQ, which could be kind of heartbreaking if the show had good writers and KC were a stronger actress. (WM also seems to have ruled out the drugged vodka spec plus I would think for Felicity to be skeptical of this LL she'd have to be able to see her, meaning she couldn't be Oliver's hallucination.) I still think her appearance is to slide on into NuBC, but I won't go into that.

I agree with all of this.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

That would actually be genius...now I'll be disappointed when it doesn't happen.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, way2interested said:

but wow I really like that spec with Vigilante. It would at least connect Vigilante to the plot instead of him just randomly being in the city and be kind of a weird/neat parallel for her helping Vigilante vs her helping present/past Oliver.

Yeah, I told the tweeter that was a genius spec and I meant it. It'd be like working with a crazier version of S1 Oliver, it'd cover the going dark thing, it'd give Felicity a storyline and EBR someone new to bounce off. And in the interests of not getting people upset, I do not think they'd hook up romantically or sexually. I think he's crazier than a shithouse rat and she'd work with him, attempt to modulate his crazy a bit, but definitely not hook up.

And yeah, it'd bring Vigilante into the A plot a lot more. It's basically such a great idea that the writers will never think of it.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 12
6 minutes ago, way2interested said:

I agree, although I guess in this case it could be more of Felicity being more pro-killing herself in this case rather than being either nonchalant about it or just being supportive of Oliver's stance? Like taking matters into her own hands rather than just taking a stance with regards to Oliver or delegating/pushing him to do it. I don't think she'll go all that dark either, but wow I really like that spec with Vigilante. It would at least connect Vigilante to the plot instead of him just randomly being in the city and be kind of a weird/neat parallel for her helping Vigilante vs her helping present/past Oliver.

I especially agree with this. They really need to do something about connecting Vigilante to the main story because otherwise, what? They're just going to keep trying to hunt him down like at the beginning of The Flash's part of the crossover? Can't do another 507 episode with him because that would be stupid. 

He needs to be unmasked already (even though the audience knows who he is) on-screen, and they could do that through Felicity. Have her figure out who he is, propose a partnership and set his sights on Prometheus. 

• Love 2

I am thinking since KC had a deal across all these shows how else they could've written her in to the story other than having her be Black Siren. Also do we know any details regarding her appearance on Legends?

Did her deal prompt them to change LL's finals words, if those final words were never changed and she still appeared as BS would we still think that a new BC would be coming on to the show?

So many questions.

KC didn't make them change LL's words/bring in a new BC. She would have zero reason to do that...in fact less than zero reason, bc a new BC shows how replaceable she truly is. If the character dies with her she can say she played an iconic character...rather than one of many versions of an iconic character.

I personally would still think a new BC was coming on, though I'd be at 85%-ish instead of 99.9999%. Her final words are only one of four discrete pieces of evidence. (Actually probably five.)

Btw Steve tweeted about his sex scene with LL today. His baiting of the LL/Lauriver fandom is, IMO, not a good look, and quite likely to backfire badly.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

KC didn't make them change LL's words/bring in a new BC. She would have zero reason to do that...in fact less than zero reason, bc a new BC shows how replaceable she truly is. If the character dies with her she can say she played an iconic character...rather than one of potentially four versions of one.

And I would still think a new BC was coming on, though I'd be at 85%-ish instead of 99.9999%. Her final words are one of four pieces of evidence.

Btw Steve tweeted about his sex scene with LL today. His baiting of the LL/Lauriver fandom is, IMO, not a good look, and quite likely to backfire badly.

I mean the change happened as quick as her deal was announced. July we received a trailer with her saying one thing and by the time the episode aired 3 months later it was a completely different line. So what happened in between those 3 months...I heard multiple versions were filmed so why were multiple versions filmed..

I didn't think his tweet was baiting them it was more of a jab that all he remembered was Tommy in that god awful scene which a lot of people associate that scene with rather than a Lauriver sex. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Cleanqueen said:

I mean the change happened as quick as her deal was announced. July we received a trailer with her saying one thing and by the time the episode aired 3 months later it was a completely different line. So what happened in between those 3 months...I heard multiple versions were filmed so why were multiple versions filmed..

I didn't think his tweet was baiting them it was more of a jab that all he remembered was Tommy in that god awful scene which a lot of people associate that scene with rather than a Lauriver sex. 

What would her motive be? What does she get out of her dead character asking not to be the last canary?

14 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

I am thinking since KC had a deal across all these shows how else they could've written her in to the story other than having her be Black Siren. Also do we know any details regarding her appearance on Legends?

Did her deal prompt them to change LL's finals words, if those final words were never changed and she still appeared as BS would we still think that a new BC would be coming on to the show?

So many questions.

That 501 scene was filmed during 418. They filmed several versions of that scene I doubt her deal which wasn't signed until end of June or very early July played any role in anything.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

That 501 scene was filmed during 418. They filmed several versions of that scene I doubt her deal which wasn't signed until end of June or very early July played any role in anything.

I just want to know why it was changed...like if the intent was to have a new BC why wasnt the 501 version included in the trailer. I don't think she had much of a pull with it but I am just trying to understand why the change even happened. Will we ever even get an explanation.

I wonder if it's as simple as they realized later that verison 2 would have more of an impact so they changed the ending.

Or they just used the one they did in the trailer because they were focusing on Jr. Hero High.

• Love 1

I'm still leaning towards they changed it because the word came down to create another Black Canary.

6 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I thought Felicity was relatively bloodthirsty towards Gossip Ghul, Damien Darkh, Malcolm. She just wasn't in a position to really go after them like she wanted or had the capability to do so to the degree she does now.

She encouraged others to be bloodthirsty but didn't do any of the work herself. It will be interesting to see what she does when she's truly motivated.

Poor Derek Stauffer. I think he has a crush on Felicity and doesn't want to lose her.

8 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

Why take a no name actress to be BC then. Surely there was a pool of kick-ass women from the Spartacus pool Arrow and Flash like to bring in their shows.

Maybe Harkavy is kick-ass too.  Since she won't be playing Black Canary in the movie (not even Grant Gustin got that), it makes sense to have an unknown play her on Arrow rather than someone who is well known and might interfere with whatever well-known actress they will cast.

4 hours ago, Cleanqueen said:

And reminding people how toxic Laurel and Oliver were together so they don't get their hopes up for an Oliver/Laurel reunion.  Too late though, for many hopes are sky high.

• Love 1