Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Part of me wonders if Akio ends up dead (which is likely) if they won't try to use him being a victim in Maseo's and Tatsu's extracurricular activities tied into a storyline centered around Oliver's son next season. Seems like he would be right around the same age as Akio.

Edited by NumberCruncher
  • Love 1

That's an interesting thought. It ties in to Oliver trying to push his son away to keep him safe.

I have to admit, I was very happy to see Maseo and Tatsu show up to take custody of Akio. I was afraid he was going to die while Oliver was supposed to be protecting him.

I fell like Akio's death is going to break up their marriage and send Maseo to the LoA with a 95% certainty.  Please show, prove me wrong that  you're so predictable.

The problem with Felicity with Ray is that she's very loopy and smitten kitten around him. And that would be cool because she has a boyfriend and she's happy, but Ray doesn't act that way around her, so she just looks like a silly chick fawning over her indifferent man and that's not the Felicity I know.

Also, why is she acting like such an idiot/doormat around Ray when they're also trying to sell it that she really loves Oliver?

I really need them to say straight out that Felicity was trying too hard in her relationship with Ray and that's why she turned into a pod person around himself. Unfortunately, I don't think that AK and MG realize that, they think they're writing a great alternative romance for her.

• Love 5

Same here.  Having Laurel on Team Arrow from now on is going to be all kinds of off-putting.

I was so much hoping that all this rush to make her BC and give her the canary cry was so that she would be finished and off Arrow.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 12

If Quentin doesn't die, I'd bet he'll be the floater. He works for the police so he'd have reason to go over to Flash and talk to Joe or whoever and then his daughter will be on the spin-off.

Regarding DC pulling yet another character from Arrow...

Is it too much to hope it's Black Canary? Too much, I knew it.

But who else remains?

Not Arrow - it's the titular character

Arsenal? Could be, the Teen Titans are coming.

Speedy? As above.

Dig and Fel are not DC originals, they can't touch them (I hope)

It's not Amanda Waller...

Malcolm? (yes, please)

I must say I find it perplexing how the Marvel universe keeps supporting their tv shows with guest appearances from the movie verse, while DC keeps shooting the tv verse in the foot.

The only instance I'd be happy with this is if DC was developing a Birds of Prey movie. For more than one reason.

• Love 7
(edited)

But who else remains?

Speedy? As above.

Malcolm? (yes, please)

How do we know it's not Amanda?  Did MG or someone else confirm they could still use her?  She seems the most likely since she's in the Suicide Squad movie.  If it's based off of the Umberto Gonzalez tweets could someone explain to me who he is and how he would know?  I looked him up and he doesn't seem to be affiliated with either DC, Berlanti or CW, so I'm kind of lost.

Edited by Morrigan2575

I can't believe that I didn't think of this earlier. Since he's appearing on the Flash soon enough,  I'm thinking DeadShot. The sudden backstory, the redemption, his newfound freedom, it makes perfect sense that he'd float.

Edited by Oscirus

I can't believe that I didn't think of this earlier. Since he's appearing on the Flash soon enough, I'm thinking DeadShot. The sudden backstory, the redemption, his newfound freedom, it makes perfect sense that he'd float.

Deadshot is dead-they had to kill him off because of the Suicide Squad movie. You're thinking of Deathbolt, a metahuman.

(edited)

I can't believe that I didn't think of this earlier. Since he's appearing on the Flash soon enough, the character that makes the most sense is DeadShot. The sudden backstory, the redemption, it makes perfect sense that he'd float. Especially with his newfound freedom.

Do you mean Deathbolt? Deadshot was "killed" on Arrow because DC pulled the character.

Edited by Morrigan2575

I'm still backing Lyla as the floater.

Incidentally, I'm not worried about Team Arrow.  If Laurel and Roy can beat back League assassins who've been training since childhood, then they should have no trouble defeating Assassin!Oliver.  (yes, that's sarcasm)

• Love 2

i saw in the spoiler thread, that there's a 3 week time jump between 320 and 321, i'm going with evil/brainwashed Al-Saheem comes to Starling on Ra's orders (maybe a test?) to kill Nyssa.

on the upside 321 is supposed to have some nice Felicity/Diggle scenes.

• Love 2

How does that timeline work with helping out the Flash? Why would Al-Saheem help Barry?

Maybe he snaps out of it pretty quickly? I won't go fanfic and say seeing and/or Felicity cuts through his braincloud, but a girl can hope!

Anyway, Al Sah-him (or whatever stupid way they're spelling it) helps out The Flash between 3x22 and 3x23. So either Flash Oliver is an AU Oliver, or he's back to fighting the good fight before the finale.

Edited by apinknightmare

I think Oliver is too strong minded a man to be following blind orders for long - or at all.

I think he is just bidding his time at LoA till he could think of something better.

Edited by TanyaKay
  • Love 1
(edited)

How does that timeline work with helping out the Flash? Why would Al-Saheem help Barry?

My guess is he snaps out of it by the end of 321, and then 322-323 is Team Arrow + Nyssa vs The LoA.

122 was originally planned to air before 322 and now it will air after 322, in either case it works, provided he snaps out of it by the end of 321. Although with the extra week they could have shifted it around to Oliver snapping out of it by 322 and going after LoA in 323.

Or as Apinknightmare said, the Oliver in Flash 122 could be an AU Oliver...or they just totally screwed up their own continuity which wouldn't surprise me in the least

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 3

So MG just confirmed on Tumblr that KC is not going to be the floater. I really think it's not going to be a main character. I'm still betting on Lyla.

Thank God, the spin off is safe from Laurel (besides maybe an occasional appearance to visit the sister she doesn't care about). I'm fine with Lyla. Maybe she's starting another ARGUS like team where Team Arrow, Team Flash and Team Spin Off are a part of it. 

i saw in the spoiler thread, that there's a 3 week time jump between 320 and 321, i'm going with evil/brainwashed Al-Saheem comes to Starling on Ra's orders (maybe a test?) to kill Nyssa.

on the upside 321 is supposed to have some nice Felicity/Diggle scenes.

At this point every time they promise something like "Felicity/Diggle scenes" I roll my eyes so damned hard because lets face it, that has been just one of the many carrots they've held out this season to lure us to watch, while failing (in some instances) to deliver spectacularly. The dearth of Felicity/Diggle interaction this season has been nothing short of criminal but then again what could you expect since they were needed to prop the newbie heroes and spur them on to their comic destiny, which after all was what this season seemed to be about. 

I hope Arrow rediscovers some of what made it interesting, exciting television next season and a focus on masks to the detriment of everything else was not part of that. Maybe if the masked heroes were ones I cared about or even if their journeys/story lines felt earned this season would not have been such a hard slog but as it is, all I'm left with is the hope that season 4 is better and that it signals a return to having things I loved front and center.

• Love 12

If it's based off of the Umberto Gonzalez tweets could someone explain to me who he is and how he would know?  I looked him up and he doesn't seem to be affiliated with either DC, Berlanti or CW, so I'm kind of lost.

I think he's one of the guys who scoops Marvel and DC stuff for Latino Review.

Do you know his track record?  Should we take it as accurate or something?  

I only know that site has a reputation for scooping Marvel and DC. But I'm 100% spoiler free for all things Marvel, so I avoid going there.

My guess is he snaps out of it by the end of 321, and then 322-323 is Team Arrow + Nyssa vs The LoA.

Now I'm imagining Felicity slapping Oliver on the face and saying "Snap out of it!" (Shades of Moonstruck with Cher and Nicolas Cage).

Thank God, the spin off is safe from Laurel (besides maybe an occasional appearance to visit the sister she doesn't care about). I'm fine with Lyla. Maybe she's starting another ARGUS like team where Team Arrow, Team Flash and Team Spin Off are a part of it. 

This made me thing of Agents of SHIELD, where a new SHIELD team appears and takes over the old SHIELD team's facilities - setting up a SHIELD vs. SHIELD fight.  So maybe Lyla's ARGUS fights Waller's ARGUS?

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Now I'm imagining Felicity slapping Oliver on the face and saying "Snap out of it!" (Shades of Moonstruck with Cher and Nicolas Cage).

They tied her to his humanity, so I'm going to be supremely disappointed if Oliver gets even a little League brainwashed and seeing/touching/talking to/being smacked by her doesn't pull him out of it. SUPREMELY DISAPPOINTED.

brb, fic-ing it

• Love 2

But who else remains?

Speedy? As above.

Malcolm? (yes, please)

I heard that they cast someone as Deathstroke for the Suicide Squade movie, so I think it's Slade they're thinking of pulling.

• Love 2

But who else remains?

Speedy? As above.

Malcolm? (yes, please)

They're not taking Waller? Why not? Take her! Please! *ahem* I mean, if the DCMU really feels that they can't have two versions of the same character in different universes/media, or that the unwashed masses just ain't smart enough to separate all these different interpretations, then I am totally fine with them taking Amanda Waller away from Arrow. It's not like Arrow ever really used her, or wrote her, properly, anyway.

They tied her to his humanity, so I'm going to be supremely disappointed if Oliver gets even a little League brainwashed and seeing/touching/talking to/being smacked by her doesn't pull him out of it. SUPREMELY DISAPPOINTED.

brb, fic-ing it

Don't tease, apinknightmare. I'll have you know that I still occasionally re-read Between the Shadow and the Soul every now and then. :)

• Love 3

I think it is so stupid that DC just pulls characters from the tv shows just because of the movies. If everything stands for itself why do it? Will the pull Barry Allen next? Imo it damages the currently successful tv universe by limiting their stories in favor of a hopeful movie universe.

To the wedding spoiler: is there any indication who it might be?

Cannot be Diggle; could be Oliver and someone unknown.

Oliver and Laurel...God knows why but they'd love the outrage that would follow it.

Oliver and Felicity... Could be, although I don't see them doing it.

Oliver and Nyssa ... As a way to defeat it the LoA

Felicity and Ray... Just no! (That is not a reason, I know)

Tastu and Maseo... Are they divorced or did they just split

Roy and Thea... He is in jail or dead, or she dies... Somehow I doubt it.

DC needs to get its act together. Either have 2 different universes or don't. Pick one. It's more confusing trying to figure out why 2 Flashes are okay but 2 Deadshot's aren't. And it actually makes me worry about what's going to happen when they start filming movie Flash. What if they decide they want to add Green Arrow to the DCCU? 

I really hope we don't go the route of brainwashed Oliver even if it's only an episode. 

• Love 2

I consider Waller already gone from Arrow, since they have cast her in the movie. I can't imagine DC allowing Arrow to keep her, likely not even keep Argus. I think that is why they introduced the Colonel (I think he's a colonel right). So maybe this rumor is just confirmation of that. As of stealing other characters, I wonder if it comes down to $$$ & contracts. So it probably becomes more of lawyer/executive level decision & has little to do with the creative powers or consideration. Which is sad, but just modern day occurrence in the industry.

DC needs to get its act together. Either have 2 different universes or don't. Pick one. It's more confusing trying to figure out why 2 Flashes are okay but 2 Deadshot's aren't. And it actually makes me worry about what's going to happen when they start filming movie Flash. What if they decide they want to add Green Arrow to the DCCU? 

I really hope we don't go the route of brainwashed Oliver even if it's only an episode. 

My money says that it's because the SS movie is supposed to come out next year but the Flash movie is supposed to be 2018 by which point the CW may not even exist, so no Flash tv show.  

Edited by Matt K
  • Love 5

Do you know his track record?  Should we take it as accurate or something?  

Latino Review gets things right sometimes, but they have posted lots of faulty info (especially in terms of casting news) over the years.

I can take BC fighting with Arrow though.  That's SA and KC's best chemistry.

Maybe brainwashed Oliver gets married.  After this season, I wouldn't put it past them.

I'd fucking fall off my chair laughing if the character they want to pull is 'Black Canary'. #sorrynotsorry.

I'm beginning to think that that is the only way LL/BC won't be on the show.

Even if they wanted to pull Black Canary, you just know that the EPs would never get rid of Laurel.  She would suddenly become Manhunter or some other character.  There is just no getting rid of her EVER, it seems.

Thinking about this, I would actually be okay with that.  It would take away the weight of all the comic book expectations -- the super-fighter which she will never be but which a group of viewers will still expect and the OTP with Oliver because she would no long be the Black Canary.  Even with all the BC build-up and propping, I thought Laurel was best this seaon in 3x01 and 3x17, when she was a kickass lawyer.  The comic book expectations is limiting the character even while it's pushing her into places.

I knew it didn't make sense for Laurel to be the floater but I let myself hope.

The mean part of me is grinning at Malicity coming up.  No wonder the Laurel fans don't like Felicity.

At this point every time they promise something like "Felicity/Diggle scenes" I roll my eyes so damned hard because lets face it, that has been just one of the many carrots they've held out this season to lure us to watch, while failing (in some instances) to deliver spectacularly. The dearth of Felicity/Diggle interaction this season has been nothing short of criminal but then again what could you expect since they were needed to prop the newbie heroes and spur them on to their comic destiny, which after all was what this season seemed to be about. 

I hope Arrow rediscovers some of what made it interesting, exciting television next season and a focus on masks to the detriment of everything else was not part of that. Maybe if the masked heroes were ones I cared about or even if their journeys/story lines felt earned this season would not have been such a hard slog but as it is, all I'm left with is the hope that season 4 is better and that it signals a return to having things I loved front and center.

I love this comment so much.  ITA that maybe it would have been different if the masked characters were ones I cared about but I could gladly lose Ra's, Ray and Laurel and even JB's hamming up of MM isn't enough to make me want to keep him on my screen.

I think the EPS do know what the strengths of the show are - the connection between O/D/F as well as the stunts and the storytelling --but all three have been sorely tried this season.  They pulled apart O/D/F so they could put Laurel and Ray in there and it took till Nanda Parbat for Oliver and Diggle to reconnect and Felicity hasn't even yet with Diggle although I hope MG is not trolling that they have scenes in 321.  I also hope they've learned that Laurel and Ray are no Diggle and Felicity.

It looks like it's going to be s2 all over again, a bunch of episodes people aren't so happy with and then going back to Team Arrow for the finale so that we'll tune  back in in September.  Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice....

• Love 5

I apologize if this has been answered before but regarding Olicity wedding speculations, I thought that theory was shut down because Marc Guggenheim said it's absolutely not them. Did I hallucinate that? I checked the Spoilers thread but didn't see anything and I've pored over MG's Tumblr and Twitter.

Why make OQ part of the LoA if we aren't going to see him do something bad? I mean that's half the fun of making him heir to the demon. Otherwise the whole season long arc would be even more purposeless. Now, I'm not sure if he'll be brainwashed or if it is part of his master plan to take down the LoA but him going against his old team does have some dramatic appeal for 1 episode. We know that he will eventually get back to being not a bad guy, so I'm okay with him being bad for part of an episode. It might actually be nice to see SA act slightly evil.

I feel like if you look at the lyrics of "this is your sword" as inspiration for what might happen in 322, it seems like this will be when OQ will make the choice to descend upon LoA using his Arrow team. Perhaps instead of killing Nyssa, this is the episode where they team-up to set-up the big con on Ras. From the finale picture, it seems like Matt Noble is still around. So he will likely not be beaten/killed/destroyed until 323.

• Love 1

I apologize if this has been answered before but regarding Olicity wedding speculations, I thought that theory was shut down because Marc Guggenheim said it's absolutely not them. Did I hallucinate that? I checked the Spoilers thread but didn't see anything and I've pored over MG's Tumblr and Twitter.

All I recall MG saying is that it is in present time, will involve two characters and there will be a marriage as well as a wedding.

SA said at Vancouver Fan Expo that a wedding doesn't lead to the scenes in the 3.20 promo.

The two things going for it would be the Chekov bouquet scenes (both w/Oliver & Felicity) and Chekov minister (Ray) who can marry anyone but himself.

BTW, there is speculation on twitter and tumblr that Felicity could also be pregnant.  This started after MG said there is a 3 week jump between 3.20 & 3.21.  This could lead to a wedding I guess.  I hope it doesn't happen because Felicity will probably be permanently sidelined then.  She may work behind the computers but I don't imagine Oliver would ever take her out in the field again.  (See SS where both Digg & Lyla realized they could orphan baby Sara.)

Edited by Sunshine

Oliver doesn't have to be brainwashed to go after Nyssa.  It's not like he's just going to politely decline Ra's order.  He's at least going to seem to go after her.

Why make OQ part of the LoA if we aren't going to see him do something bad?

Because he is the hero of the show, and because Ra's will have ruined his life, tried to kill Felicity, and probably killed Roy and Thea.  If he joins up with them for real, he's a POS, and if he's brainwashed, he's a lot more weak-minded than he's been portrayed all these years.  If it's a PLOY, that is completely different.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 2

I don't remember any wedding couples being formally shot down by MG. I remember a lot of us here & on tumblr having an array of very good (some bad) suggestions. And there were also some pretty well written shut downs of options. But I think any version of a couple is still a possibility. What we do know for sure is it is it takes place in the present day and is both a wedding & marriage. So that limits some pairings, but I think honestly the thought of any of these characters having a marriage in the next 5 episodes sorta bothers me. Especially considering the marriage is likely only being written for plot or gotcha moment.

Edited after reading Sunshine's reporting of tumblr speculation - Plz no shotgun weddings or babies! The show does not need a pregnant anyone at this point.

Edited by kismet

Yeah, I'm not sure why MG would ever outright say it isn't O/F-seems like the point in teasing it is to get shippers to think that it could be. Then he can sit back and twirl his mustache maniacally when Oliver becomes Mr. Random League Member, or Felicity becomes Mrs. al Ghul (LOL) or Mrs. Palmer (the opposite of LOL).

Although given that Ra's seems to want Nyssa dead, we can probably cross her off as a candidate to marry Oliver.

• Love 1

It's more confusing trying to figure out why 2 Flashes are okay but 2 Deadshot's aren't. 

My guess is that Will Smith plays Deadshot while Ezra Miller doesn't have half so much clout. But it is weird that they want to have concurrent separate universes.

Part of me wonders if Akio ends up dead (which is likely) if they won't try to use him being a victim in Maseo's and Tatsu's extracurricular activities tied into a storyline centered around Oliver's son next season. Seems like he would be right around the same age as Akio.

I'm a HUGE fan of the idea that Oliver knows about Connor already, and his experience with Akio (who is surely slated to die) kept him from choosing to let anyone know he knew or to pursue a relationship. 

SA's fondness for all Connor-related storylines just seems odd if it's as simple as "Oh someday he'll find out." But if this is a layer to the Oliver onion that he proposed to the prods that they went for, then it becomes so profound. That scene with Sandra in CC, his reaction...yeah, that becomes so meaningful if he knows. Also adds layers to his early interaction with Moira, right when he came back. 

• Love 2

OK, guys, thanks for clarifying things. I just jumped on twitter a half-hour ago and half of my TL is absolutely certain both MG and SA shut the Olicity spec down (which I thought I remembered, although I did wonder like apinknightmare said why they'd stop speculations). Anyway, the other half is going on and on about weddings and babies, LOL! I gotta get off social media before the new batch of eps starts. I think fans are starting to break :P

• Love 3