Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: Restoration

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

I guess I just wasn't prepared to have her actions actually defended like that, as right and brave and courageous!!!!!! I mean, seriously?!? I guess that finally just tripped my rage switch, a week or so after everyone else. Lol. I guess it's because on the show I could put my own interpretation on Laurel's behavior, especially when every other character is telling her she's doing the wrong thing.

I get what you're saying -- especially since I really appreciated reading your rationale last week in the Laurel thread. :)

I freely admit the only reason I'm not raging is because I am truly amused by Laurel being completely cuckoo in the show. It doesn't make a difference if MG says she's brave or whatever, because it's certainly not stopping my involuntary giggle fits during her scenes.

But if I discount the fact that I think he's trolling [and I do think that] -- one thing I have always found awful in MG's Tumblr is he actively talks about separate sects in fandom. I feel like he encourages the fandom wars. And he always seems to construct his answers to cater to the part of fandom he's talking to in that specific post. So these two answers weren't for me or for you. Or for most people on this forum, even. I mean, I'm pretty sure he miscalculated [again!] the reaction he'd get from folks who truly wanted a good Laurel storyline, but I'm okay with these answers not being for me at all.

• Love 6

But MG's comments here do boggle me.  I mean, even the Laurel fans are pissed because they find her actions inexcusable and he's saying he doesn't get it?  What?

I mean, if he'd said something like "Laurel may be making wrong choices, but she's doing it out of love for her sister blah blah"....ok fine. That's actually the angle that I thought they were going with. Not that there would end up being any serious consequences for Laurel, but that it would at least be acknowledged that she was making bad choices. And so far, that's what happened within the show. I really didn't expect them to try to spin Laurel's actions as right, I just figured they'd say that she was making poor decisions out of grief, etc, similar to what they said about her lying to her father last year.

• Love 8

They aren't getting rid her because comics. We are all stuck with her, we might as well enjoying hating her. 

I wish I could when I watch the show!

It's weird, because I enjoy reading the witty snarky posts here, and it feels good to share my exasperation, but I don't enjoy hating Laurel. When there is ridiculous propping like "you're strong", yep, I do laugh out loud, but in serious episodes like this one, I just wish I could keep a positive state of mind about the whole and I can't.

Plus, there's always this annoying part of me that hates to hate female characters who aren't supposed to be villains.

• Love 7

I'm trying to enjoy hating Laurel, because I think that's what the EP's want us to do. But I just find myself angry that she's on my tv screen. She's one the reasons I stopped watching Arrow and will probably be the reason I don't continue after Sara leaves. 

It also doesn't help that the EP's had a bunch of characters tell her she shouldn't bring Sara back because the negatives far out weigh the positives. But she went ahead and did it anyway. Then she will be vindicated in the end because she's Laurel and she never faces any long term consequences for her stupid actions. I also think my biggest issue with Laurel is she doesn't have any self awareness. If she did maybe she'd be more of a character and less like a robot. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 4

I really think Thea should have been shown having nightmares of killing Sara every episode since the pit so that when she begs Merlyn to bring Sara back it would have made sense.

Actually, if you think about it, Merlyn tells Thea that the only way to stop the bloodlust is to kill the person who hurt you, which Thea is believes is Ra's, though there might be an argument for it actually being Merlyn.  At this point, Thea does a complete shift and decides to resurrect the one person she hurt.  In other words, she has now resurrected the one person she knows will stop her from killing. 

And if the person who hurt you isn't actually the person that killed you (ie Merlyn rather than Ra's for Thea), then there's a very good chance that Sara won't be gunning for Thea, but actually either Merlyn or Laurel.  Because really, without Laurel, Sara would have been left in Heaven (slight Buffy reference).

• Love 2

I just don't believe their intention was to make Laurel look brave, heroic or even in the right.If it was then they would have given her someone who agrees with her or at least given her moments of doubt and reconsidering what she's doing.They made Nyssa the selfless one who puts Sara above her own pain and she was directly at odds with Laurel and their last scene for probably a long time is Nyssa blaming her for Sara suffering.

In Canaries or any episode after she suited up they needed to make Laurel seem brave and in the right even though it made no sense so they used characters to prop her and be on her side against Oliver.This time they didn't do that so I think MG is just saying what he knows a Laurel fan who asked the question wants to hear.

I don't know if they will make her suffer any consequences on the show but I do know this proves to me even more that they don't care about this character.They have improved on so many things from last season.Olicity is being written so great,the villain is good,the tone of the show is balanced,Felicity and Diggle are getting their own storylines,Thea's pit after effects seem interesting so far,they even suprised me by how they didn't drag out the conflict between Dig and Oliver for drama.Laurel is the only one they don't put any effort in IMO.

Edited by tangerine95
  • Love 3

At this point, Thea does a complete shift and decides to resurrect the one person she hurt. In other words, she has now resurrected the one person she knows will stop her from killing.

Thea never shifted. After she killed the two assassins, she was begging Laurel to leave, to not do this to Sara. Even as they were about to lower Sara into the pit, she was asking Laurel if she really wanted to do this. I never got any sense that Thea was on board with bringing Sara back, particularly after she found out exactly what the side effects entailed.

• Love 9

Thea never shifted. After she killed the two assassins, she was begging Laurel to leave, to not do this to Sara. Even as they were about to lower Sara into the pit, she was asking Laurel if she really wanted to do this. I never got any sense that Thea was on board with bringing Sara back, particularly after she found out exactly what the side effects entailed.

Granted it wasn't a big shift.  But Thea was on board enough to hold the rope and lower Sara.  Thea did not stop the whole thing.  She could have refused and forced Merlyn to hold the other rope since both were so eager to lower Sara into the pit.

Both Malcolm and Laurel really used Thea's guilt against her.  Malcolm said she should give Sara the same chance she was taking, and Laurel did nothing but manipulate Thea.  Oh, and again, never once did Laurel so much as MENTION helping Thea once they were in NP.

• Love 15

Granted it wasn't a big shift.  But Thea was on board enough to hold the rope and lower Sara.  Thea did not stop the whole thing.  She could have refused and forced Merlyn to hold the other rope since both were so eager to lower Sara into the pit.

I don't think that Thea was in any capacity of making a rational decision. First because of the emotional resonance of Laurel and Sara for her, and her personal connexion to what happened to them:

-Thea has a brother, whom she lost, and who came back to her. Twice.

-Even if Malcolm is the one responsible for Sara's death, Thea was the one who actually held the bow.

-She didn't die thanks to the LP.

The only saving grace that I recognize to Laurel is that she didn't remind Thea of the specifics of Sara's murder.

But she didn't need to go that far anyway. How could Thea refuse, when she was granted the miracle to get her brother back, and when she was instrumental, when it was her own father, who deprived Laurel of her sister?

Could Laurel not know that? I think not. She didn't even ask Thea if they could go to NP, she said they were going to NP.

Second, because Thea was also under enormous psychological stress: suffering from the effects of the Pits, back in NP, confronted to her bio-dad, who arranged that she killed two people (her first kill since Sara, I think?).

That Thea even managed to recover enough clarity of mind to express an opinion and doubts is quite a feat. Personally, I consider she was under duress.

So I'm pissed off at Malcolm for accepting and letting her hold the ropes, but again, he already used her as a weapon.

I'm insanely pissed off at Laurel, and even more considering that since she couldn't be any MORE right, I had to give up on the hope that Oliver will rip her a new one for what she got his sister through.

Even seeing Thea and Laurel fighting together is going to be hard to stomatch, now.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 4

Holy shit. MG is such a Troll. Plain and simple. He has no intention of answering / explaining anything sincerely about Laurel.

As to Thea. She is the last person who should be blamed for anything. She's been manipulated or controled by practically EVERYONE in her immediate vicinity in that room.

I can believe that maybe she wanted to believe that if Sara came out okay she could be okay. But aside from that she seemed pretty against it. IMO her holding the rope might have just been her giving up and acquiesing to Laurel and Malcolm as much as anything.

• Love 6

Yeah, the way I read the scene where they decide to put Sara in the Lazarus Pit was basically:

Malcolm:  So, I've decided that I'll let you use the Lazarus Pit on Sara.

Thea:  You just told me that the pit turns people into crazy murderers, why would I do that to my friend Sara?

Malcolm:  So, we're doing this, right?

Laurel:  Yep.

Thea:  Wait, what?

Laurel:  Just let me hug you.

Thea might not have been against it as vehemently as Nyssa, but I don't get the impression that she was really in favor of it.

And if the person who hurt you isn't actually the person that killed you (ie Merlyn rather than Ra's for Thea), then there's a very good chance that Sara won't be gunning for Thea, but actually either Merlyn or Laurel.  Because really, without Laurel, Sara would have been left in Heaven (slight Buffy reference).

I've actually been thinking about that a lot.  Like, it kind of looks like Sara instinctively goes after Thea, out of a whole room full of people, which seems to be because she knows Thea killed her.  But then, when Thea came out of the Lazarus Pit, she instinctively attacked Oliver, not Ra's.  Plus, her blood lust thing apparently got a lot worse when Oliver came back.  So, maybe it wasn't even Thea that Sara was going to attack, maybe it was Laurel, who was standing right behind Thea, meaning that the "person who hurt" them isn't the one who killed them, but the one who decided to put them in the Lazarus Pit.

• Love 17

I've actually been thinking about that a lot.  Like, it kind of looks like Sara instinctively goes after Thea, out of a whole room full of people, which seems to be because she knows Thea killed her.  But then, when Thea came out of the Lazarus Pit, she instinctively attacked Oliver, not Ra's.  Plus, her blood lust thing apparently got a lot worse when Oliver came back.  So, maybe it wasn't even Thea that Sara was going to attack, maybe it was Laurel, who was standing right behind Thea, meaning that the "person who hurt" them isn't the one who killed them, but the one who decided to put them in the Lazarus Pit.

That would be kind of awesome.

• Love 2

That is a fascinating theory.  Unfortunately I don't believe TIIC are smart enough to go that route

• Love 3

That could be since from the previews next week Sara

attacks Laurel again. Although that could just be Laurel acting stupid like usual and letting her guard down around a feral animal.

Which is why Laurel is no where near close to being the full fledged Because Comics. 

• Love 6

Fascinating theory. I only hope its not true, because I do not want to see TQ & OQ at odds with each other over the pitting. Especially if the effects are hard to reverse. I like having the Queens on good terms with each other. I don't mind SL going after LL. So maybe there's a special caveat if the person was dead dead dead or just "almost dead" if your theory is true.

As a condition to your theory, I wonder if the bloodlust can be fixed by a sacrifice made by the pitter to the pitted. Maybe not death, but some type of sacrifice. We know that OQ will do just about anything for his sister. Will LL be willing to do the same?

As for MG's tumblr remarks, I take them with a grain of salt. He likes to troll. He also can't really say anything too critical of his characters or his show. Plus, I think he likes to answer some questions from the headspace of his characters. In LL's mind she was courageous, bold & in the right. So her decisions were in the right for her character, perhaps not for reality but that's another story. It's sorta a messed up way to answer questions. But its how he rolls. I was not surprised by LL's actions because they were in character for her as crazy & disappointing as they might have been. But MG can't go on Tumblr to say anything that contradicts the story they are trying to tell.

Edited by kismet

I don't hold anything against Thea from this episode. Even killing those assassins she was woken up and automatically assumed she was being attacked. She was probably disorientated and what little restraint she had was nowhere to be found. 

And you could tell just by Thea's facial expressions in the background that she had doubts about putting Sara in the pit. She outright told Malcolm she wouldn't let him do that to Sara after he offered and she also asked Laurel if she was really sure, even as they were lowering Sara's body into the pit. She was full of doubt and she was right. Thea is the last person who should be blamed for any of this.

Edited by Guest

I was just reading Diggle's ANDY'S DEATH RESEARCH COMPOSITION BOOK and he's a psychic! On November 12th of some unknown year, he wrote about Star City (and also cannibals, yuck), so he foresaw the great name change of 2015. He also had a handy flow chart with a "Damien" at the center of it (leading to a "heist"), but I can't tell if that's a new or an old drawing. I would also like to point out that he highlights the most random things ever. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 13

I was just reading Diggle's ANDY'S DEATH RESEARCH COMPOSITION BOOK and he's a psychic! On November 12th of some unknown year, he wrote about Star City (and also cannibals, yuck), so he foresaw the great name change of 2015. He also had a handy flow chart with a "Damien" at the center of it (leading to a "heist"), but I can't tell if that's a new or an old drawing. I would also like to point out that he highlights the most random things ever. 

LOL.

Wasn't there a newspaper clipping of a body found burned in a car, presumably that was Andy's? So it's kind of possible that he was unrecognizable and he might not actually be dead.

Edited by Guest

As an aside, I didn't love that Oliver's "I'm done waiting for him to come around" was him quitting Digg.  But, it came across as a disheartened moment, rather than real resignation, so I'm somewhat okay with it.  I do wish that we'd seen one of these apologies he kept making this season, though.

• Love 1

Re-watching the episode knowing this was the one filmed after SA bit his tongue is hilarious.  He tried REALLY hard, but if you listen for it, the lisp is quite prominent at times.  Poor guy.

• Love 3

Is it wishful thinking on my part to have Sara kill Laurel?

Probably.

Funny comments while watching this epi with my boyfriend:

BF: How the hell did they leave the US with a corpse filled coffin so easy? How did they travel to Nanda Parbat so easily with said corpse filled coffin?

Me: Why do you even bother to ask logical questions when watching this?

A few minutes later:

BF: Seems like Sara won't be revived this epi, might be in next week's epi.

Me (looking at the clock): There's still 10mins, more than enough time to raise zombie Sara. Trust me.

(And then Sara was raised from the dead, and then some!)

Not to mention:

- How does Malcolm bringing Sara back from the dead earn back Thea’s trust again? For a criminal mastermind, that's just......not very criminal mastermindy.

- how fast Chris Argent got to the basement or how he even knew how to get into this so called secret basement, considering how tall and "hi-tech" the Palmer building is....

Edited by MsChipper
  • Love 4

So, um... Haven't been watching the show since s2 finale, but could someone tell me why exactly has Laurel decided to resurrect Sara all of a sudden? Did she just learn about Lazarus Pits?

Also, not that I know a lot about Malcolm/Thea relationship... But him agreeing to resurrect Sara felt VERY contrived.

Edited by FurryFury

Did she just learn about Lazarus Pits?

Yes.

Also, not that I know a lot about Malcolm/Thea relationship... But him agreeing to resurrect Sara felt VERY contrived.

Thea didn't want him to do it because of the side-effects she's experiencing (which would be worse for Sara), but because Malcolm was the one who was actually responsible for Sara's death, he wanted to alleviate Thea's guilt or something? IDK, it was all very stupid and yes, contrived.

• Love 1

So, um... Haven't been watching the show since s2 finale, but could someone tell me why exactly has Laurel decided to resurrect Sara all of a sudden? Did she just learn about Lazarus Pits?

Yes, in the previous episode, that ended with her undigging Sara's grave.

Oops, posting at the same time!

Edited by Happy Harpy

I think it was a bribe, basically. He realized she was about to kick him out of her life for good after that stunt he pulled with making her kill two guys, and was like "here ok, I'll bring Sara back, will that make you happy?" And Laurel jumped on it, so they had to stay (I don't think Thea would have gone along with it if it hadn't been for Laurel).

Malcolm and Thea have a really weird twisted relationship. He seems to care about her, but then he does things like making her kill Sara, which put her right in Ra's sights. Soo....yeah. Not a lot of logic to be found there.

• Love 9

Malcolm and Thea have a really weird twisted relationship. He seems to care about her, but then he does things like making her kill Sara, which put her right in Ra's sights. Soo....yeah. Not a lot of logic to be found there.

I think Malcolm considers trying to kill a person a sign of love.

God I hate him so.

• Love 2

I still hate Malcolm but I actually really liked how messed up his relationship with Thea is. I was concerned last season that they were going to try to redeem him but now it's clear that's not happening I find I can enjoy it more? You don't see Malcolm's idea of being a good father on TV very often. It's just so twisted and delusional and I want to see how Thea deals with that. She invited him into her life and now she has to deal with the consequences. Gives Thea a few more interesting layers to play with. 

I still hate Malcolm but I actually really liked how messed up his relationship with Thea is. I was concerned last season that they were going to try to redeem him but now it's clear that's not happening I find I can enjoy it more? You don't see Malcolm's idea of being a good father on TV very often. It's just so twisted and delusional and I want to see how Thea deals with that. She invited him into her life and now she has to deal with the consequences. Gives Thea a few more interesting layers to play with. 

Well, I am glad that since they are keeping him around, they didn't go and try to make him a "good" father who just happens to be the head of the LoA.  I too like that his definition of "good parenting" is to send a couple of red shirt league guys to her to kill.  I mean it's just the kind of f-ed up thinking I'd expect from her "crazy, evil father" at this point.  As long as they play it like that, I might be able to laugh at it.  If they try to make him like Jon is with baby Sara - I will puke.

• Love 3

Felicity leaving them alone to think about what they had done was great, and I'm really enjoying Echo Kellum as Curtis, that's how you fit in a new ancillary character show. It's ironic that your named Felicity....hee.

This puzzled me actually, because I focused on the happiness meaning which she does embody.

Re: Nyssa and the sister-in-law remark, I thought that was to Laurel.

• Love 2

It wasn't to Laurel.  Per the LOA, Nyssa and Oliver are married.  Nyssa and Sara were never married under any tradition.  Guggie also confirmed it on Tumblr.

This puzzled me actually, because I focused on the happiness meaning which she does embody.

Same here with Felicity's name. But I guess someone got out a name book in the writers room, just to prove everyone wrong that assumed it was about happiness.

Good twist on the s-i-l comment. I knew it was to TQ. Another throw in by the writers to remind us they are in control or the story & outcome, but part of me likes your interpretation better. :)

• Love 1

Yes, Malcolm agreeing to resurrect Sara actually makes sense.  Well as much sense as a psychotically deluded mind as Malcolm’s can make anyway.  He wants Thea back in his life, and this is one way to try and make that happen.  Sort of a “see, I’m not such a bad guy.  I’m helping out your friends, please don’t hate me daughter” and all that.

This show has a weird habit of fixing problems that it has, but creating new ones where they didn’t previously exist all at the same time.  As big a mess as last season got to be overall, I actually came around on Laurel in the 2nd half.  She was improving as a character and it seemed like they were going somewhere cool with her.  Then we get to this season and they’ve either fixed or at least improved on a lot of the problems from the last one (Oliver/Felicity is a decent pairing, Thea and her issues seem interesting enough, much better villain, and they’re even addressing the Oliver/Dig thing much quicker than I expected them to).  But the tradeoff seems to be that they have Laurel picking up the idiot ball and running with it full bore yet again.

I guess Malcolm resurrecting Sara would work for me in the context of him wanting to keep Thea around and show her he was an okay guy if that was something she actually wanted? But she didn't seem too keen on the idea of Sara going in the Pit so...still doesn't make much sense to me.

Yeah, as long as they keep Malcolm to these type of scenes, like the bare minimum, I can deal with him being around and not being dead.

I would like that to happen though. Slice his head clean off, Nyssa! I'll wait. I'll bide my time.

Malcolm hasn’t had a rational thought in his head since his wife died it would seem.  He has this amazing ability to talk himself into believing that he’s somehow the good guy and that his crazy plans not only make sense, but are right.  And that’s been true since Season 1.

Edited by Bats27
  • Love 5

Evil is bad that believes it's good. Malcolm in a nutty nutty shell.

Yeah, the producers were yapping about how DD was the first truly evil villain, a villain that didn't think he was the hero in his own story, but I only ever thought that about Malcolm.  Slade knew he was bad and doing bad things, he just didn't care.  RAG was a piece of shit and knew it, he just justified it by blathering on about ever-changing LOA BS.  But Malcolm, Malcolm is definitely sufficiently batshit crazy that he thinks he's the good guy.

• Love 1

re: the cross-talk between Thea, Laurel and Malcolm about resurrecting Sara

I've heard more heated debates between kids and parents about being allowed to go to a house party.    The actors and writers aren't even trying (Nyssa excepted).

• Love 2

403 (Restoration) – Oliver Queen’s voiceover intro:
Oliver (voiceover): "My name is Oliver Queen. After five years in hell, I have returned home with only one goal - to save my city. But my old approach wasn't enough. I had to become someone else. I had to become something else. I had to become the Green Arrow."

403 (Restoration) - Laurel lies to Oliver about taking Thea to a spa; and instead, Laurel plans to take Thea and Sara's dead body to Nanda Parbat:
Oliver: "How are you?"
Thea: "I guess I was wrong when I told you not to worry about me."
Oliver: "Right or wrong, I'm still going to worry. It's right at the top of the Big Brother job description. Thea, I should have told you about the Pit immediately. That was the old me."
Thea: "And who are you now? Ollie 2.0?"
Oliver: "No. More like Ollie 1.0 who's trying to do things differently. But whatever you are going through, we will get through it together."
Laurel (entering): "I thought Thea could use some time out of town. A spa getaway. Clear her head."
Thea: "As long as it's not near any hot tubs, 'cause that's what got me into this situation."
Oliver: "I think that's a good idea."
Laurel: "Can you and John handle things while we're away?"
Oliver: "Yeah. As long as we don't kill each other first. Bye. (Kisses Thea on the cheek) I'm kidding, by the way. We'll be fine. Probably. (To Laurel) Take care of her, okay?" (Leaves)
Thea: "I like a spa as much as anybody, but I think we both know whatever's going on with me will not be fixed with a mani-pedi."
Laurel: "That's why we're not going to the spa. We're going to Nanda Parbat."
Thea: "--?"
Laurel: "Thea, whatever's going on with you, the League, they'll know what to do."
Thea: "Why are we not telling my brother?"
Laurel: "Because you're not the only reason for us going to Nanda Parbat."

403 (Restoration) – Original Team Arrow pursues Ghosts:
(Diggle is chasing Ghosts.)
Felicity (over comms): "Need a hand, John?"
Diggle (over comms): "I'm good. Varsity track, all state, 100 meters."
Felicity (over comms): "Dig?"
Diggle (over comms): Felicity! You know where this son of a bitch went?"
Felicity (over comms): "He vanished. We call them Ghosts for a reason. But I got air support coming in on number two."
(Oliver zooms in on a motorcycle and chases the Ghosts.)
Oliver (over comms): "I got 'em."
Felicity (over comms): "Oliver? Oliver?"
Diggle (over comms): "He's all right, Felicity."
Oliver (over comms): "We need eyes back on our target."
Felicity (over comms): "I'll give you one better than that. 20 feet ahead. I got one gift-wrapped for you. Feels like old times, the three of us. The OGs. The Original Gangstas."
(Diggle tackles a Ghost.)
Diggle: "You're not checking out without answering a few questions first. Where can I find HIVE? Who's behind the Ghosts? Answer me! (Ghost zaps him and runs off) Ohh."
Oliver: "Dig!"
Felicity (over comms): "Now he's gone."
Diggle: "Damn it! We need more boots on the ground, Oliver. Thea and Laurel picked a fine day for a spa treatment."
Oliver: "I don't think Thea would be very much help in the state of mind she's in. Where the hell are they, anyway?"

403 (Restoration) – Diggle gives Felicity a Ghost's tooth to analyze:
Felicity: "Okay, I know that was kind of a bust, but wasn't it fun having the Original Team Arrow back together? (Diggle hands her a tooth) You shouldn't have."
Diggle: "Got that off one of the Ghosts."
Oliver: "It's where they hide their cyanide capsules."
Felicity: "It looks like an upper left bicuspid. There was a very brief time where I envisioned a future for myself as a dental hygienist."
Diggle: "The best lead we've got in the last three months."
Felicity: "It'll take the DNA sequencer a little bit of time, so I was thinking margaritas while we wait. You remember that place we went after we took down the Dodger?"
Oliver: "Ohh. What do you say? It's - it's been a while since it was just the three of us."
Diggle: "I've got a family to get back to." (Leaves)
Felicity: "I guess he just needs more time."
Oliver: "Time hasn't been doing anything. Apologies haven't."
Felicity: "What are you saying?"
Oliver: "I'm saying that I'm done waiting for him to come around."

403 (Restoration) – Oliver goes out to stop a robbery alone when Diggle fails to answer his phone:
Oliver: "Still wishing you were a dental hygienist?"
Felicity: "More like a molecular biologist. You see this?"
Oliver: "Nope. In my defense, I flunked biology."
Felicity: "Well, I got an A+, and I still have no idea what the hell is going on here. This DNA has half of the genetic markers that it should have. Half!"
Oliver: "How is that possible?"
Felicity: "It's not. This guy should be nothing more than a pile of goo."
(Computer beeps.)
Oliver: "What now?"
Felicity: "Robbery, auto parts store, Litchfield Ave."
Oliver: "Call Dig, tell him I'll meet him there."
Felicity: "Ahh, hold-ups are a little below your pay grade. You sure you don't want the S.C.P.D. to handle this one?"
Oliver: "How effective have the police been at solving the city's problems recently?"
Felicity: "That's a good point."
Felicity: "John's still not answering his phone."
Oliver: "I'll be fine."
Felicity: "Still, I don't like you going out there without backup."
Oliver: "I'm not. I have you."

403 (Restoration) – After Oliver and Diggle each nearly get killed, Felicity tells them to resolve their issues now:
Felicity: "This hurt?"
Oliver: "Yes, it stings."
Felicity: "Good. That's what you get for trying to take on a meta all by yourself."
Diggle: "A meta?"
Felicity: "Yeah. It turns out Central City is missing one. Jeremy Tell. Cisco says we should call him 'Double Down', which doesn't exactly make sense, since he was getting a tattoo when the dark matter wave hit."
Oliver: "You missed quite a show tonight."
Diggle: "Sorry I couldn't help out. It's a long story."
Felicity: "Oh, my God, it is not a long story. It is the shortest story in history. Two guys go take on criminals without asking for backup and nearly get killed in the process. You know, I haven't said anything up till now, because I was hoping that the two of you would remove your heads from your own asses without assistance. Turns out I was wrong."
Oliver: "Hey!"
Felicity: "No, no! This is the part where I talk and you two listen. The both of you nearly got killed out there tonight because you didn't have each other's backs."
Diggle: "That was a one-time deal, Felicity, it won't happen again."
Felicity: "I absolutely agree. Because the two of you are going to sit down here until you have resolved your issues. Do we have an understanding?"
Oliver: "I -"
Felicity: "Do we have an understanding?!"
Oliver: "Yeah."
Felicity: "I'm going to take this to a guy at Palmer Tech to find out how some lunatic meta turns tattoos into lethal weapons. If you two haven't figured out your issues by the time I get back, I'm going to find a bunch of Mirakuru soldiers to knock some sense into you." (Leaves)
Oliver: "It's been months, man. And... I - I don't know how many apologies. John, you're a forgiving person -"
Diggle: "Oliver, this isn't about forgiveness, man. I don't know how to move forward with this - us doing what we do."
Oliver: "We've worked fine since I got back."
Diggle: "We got lucky. Oliver, there was a time I would have taken a bullet for you. And I don't know if I would do that now. Which means that even when we're out there, we are not out there together. You crossed a line, man. And the fact that you could do that again sits in the back of my head somewhere."
Oliver: "I get it! I get it. I understand that I crossed a line. I understand that I lost your trust. What I do not understand is why you won't give me a chance to earn it back."
Diggle: "You think this meta tonight is connected to Darhk?"
Oliver: "I don't know. Uh... he mentioned a new player, a woman. Uh, Fayad."
Diggle: "We need to go."
Oliver: "Where?"
Diggle: "Some place where I'm going to try to trust you again."

403 (Restoration) – Felicity asks Curtis to analyze one of Double Down's playing cards:
Curtis: "Uh-oh. Um..."
Felicity: "Uh-oh? Those aren't the words you want to say when your CEO walks into a room."
Curtis: "Well, technically "uh" and "oh" aren't words, they're interjections -"
Felicity: "Please tell me these are the prototypes for our new world-changing technology."
Curtis: "Well, since I'm inventing them, wouldn't that make them my-"
Felicity: "What is this?"
Curtis: "Contact lenses with built-in HD displays."
Felicity: "Ooh, that's impressive, and fast. How much would they sell for?"
Curtis: "Hundred thousand."
Felicity: "Hundred thousand dollars?"
Curtis: "Per lens."
Felicity: "Hmm."
Curtis: "Everything okay?"
Felicity: "Yeah, my phone just keeps acting up. I'm going to restart it. (Sees T-sphere) Ooh, what's this?"
Curtis: "Ahh! Uh, this is an autonomous communications device. Uh - which is great, uh, except for the fact that it spontaneous explodes."
Felicity: "Okay, maybe you need something to get your mind off all this. I got a little side project, clear your head." (Hands him card)
Curtis: "Like gambling?"
Felicity: "I need a full work-up. It's possible it's made out of some sort of bio-organic material. I need to know everything that you can find out about it."
Curtis: "Hmm, strange."
Felicity: "Hmm?"
Curtis: "These edges. Doesn't look mass-manufactured. Where'd you find it?"
Felicity: "Casino."
Curtis: "You gamble?"
Felicity: "Oh, yeah, all the time. Poker's my jam. It ruined an outside flush for me. I think my opponent was cheating."
Curtis: "So you want me to check it for evidence of marking or something?"
Felicity: "Yeah, anything strange, out of the ordinary."
Curtis: "Like... you playing poker?"
Felicity: "I will check back in on you later."
Curtis: "Oh, and, uh, Miss Smoak, there's no such thing as an outside flush in poker."
Felicity: "That's probably why I lost."

403 (Restoration) – Felicity tracks Ms. Fayad's cell phone:
Felicity: "I hope we learned a lesson of the benefits of trusting our friends with our problems."
Diggle: "You mean like your boyfriend?"
Felicity: "You're supposed to be more evolved than him."
Oliver: "Hmm?"
Felicity: "Sorry, but he is."
Oliver: "Can we find her?!"
Felicity: "Nope. She's not coming up on any of our traffic or security cams, but I think I have the next best thing. Her cell phone, or at least the one that followed her through airport security on the way to Star City."
Diggle: "Where's her phone now?"
Felicity: "Redmond and Eighth."

403 (Restoration) – Oliver and Diggle find Ms. Fayad dead:
Felicity (over comms): "I'm still getting a ping off Ms. Fayad's cell phone, ten feet ahead."
Oliver: "John -"
(They find Ms. Fayad tied to a chair and dead.)
Diggle: "It was my first chance for answers. My last chance."
Oliver: "I'm sorry."
Diggle: "Don't be, Oliver. This isn't your fault. It's mine. I should have trusted you. Told you about this forever ago. If I had, she wouldn't have gotten away from me earlier. Would be alive enough now for some answers."
Oliver: "We're going to get answers."
Diggle: "Oliver, I haven't been able to get answers for more than two years now!"
Oliver: "For more than two years, you've been doing this alone."

403 (Restoration) – Double Down tracks his playing card to Palmer Tech; and Felicity takes Curtis to the Green Arrow’s secret lair (Arrowcave) and shoots a machine gun:
Curtis: "You want me to take a look at your phone for you, Miss Smoak?"
Felicity: "I think we've reached the point in our working relationship where you can call me Felicity."
Curtis: "Have you ever considered how ironic your name is?  'Felicity' refers to the ability to find appropriate expression for one's thoughts, which is not exactly something you're particularly good at."
Felicity: "Yeah, you're right, let's stick with Miss Smoak. Any luck on our playing card?"
Curtis: "Yeah, it's actually right there, Felic - uh, Miss Smoak."
Felicity: "Mm-hmm."
Curtis: "Uh, except it's not a playing card at all, now, in my experience, playing cards don't contain motor proteins, proprio-receptors and a neural net."
Felicity: "The responsible thing to do would be able to get this back to its rightful owner. Is there any way to track him down?"
Curtis: "Well, if you tell me the truth about where you got it from, that could speed along the process."
Felicity: "I did tell you the truth. I did. Now, tracking the owner?" 
Curtis: "You see this ink here, for lack of a better word? It's magnetite, which is the key component to tattoo ink."
Felicity: "You don't say."
Curtis: "I do. I also say that magnetite happens to guide the internal compass of birds, specifically homing pigeons."
Felicity: "So is it possible to use the magnetite in the card to get a location on our, um, poker player?"
Curtis: "Theoretically. Though, if your hypothetical poker opponent has a deck full of these cards, he'll probably be able to find you faster."
Felicity: "Curtis, we have to -"
(Playing card is shot toward them.)
Double Down: "I'm going to make you two a deal. First one to tell me where you can find the Green Arrow... gets to live."
Curtis: "Green Arrow?"
Felicity: "I have a better idea - run!"
Curtis: "Miss Smoak, I really need to know what's going on here!"
(They run to elevator.)
Felicity: "Here!"
Curtis: "Does the board of directors know there's a secret elevator in the building?”
(Felicity kicks Double Down out of elevator.) 
Curtis: “Since when are you such a bad ass?"
Felicity: "Since always."
Curtis: "Okay, I have multiple questions."
Felicity: "Okay, obviously there's a very long explanation to this. The short version is that I work with the Green Arrow, this man is trying to kill me - well, us, sorry - and I'm taking us down to the only place that we're going to be safe."
Curtis: "The lobby?"
Felicity: "Not exactly." (Elevator dings)
Cutis: "You have a hidden floor."
Felicity: "We should be safe here, but just in case..." (Hands him machine gun)
Double Down (entering): "Aaah! I think I know where I can find the Green Arrow. Which means that offer about not killing you is off the table."
Felicity: "Stay here. Do not move."
Curtis: "Do you even know how to use that thing?"
Felicity: "No.”
(She grabs machine gun and starts blinding shooting it at Double Down, he runs off, and Felicity finds Curtis unconscious on the floor.) 
Felicity: “Curtis."

403 (Restoration) – Oliver is surprised to learn that Felicity fended off Double Down; and Felicity tracks Double Down’s location:
(Oliver and Diggle enter the wrecked Arrowcave.)
Oliver: "Felicity!"
Felicity: "I'm here, I'm here, I'm okay."
Oliver: "What happened?"
Felicity: "Your meta came back to retrieve his Ace of Spades."
Oliver: "And you - you fended him off?"
Felicity: "Don't sound so surprised. Okay, I had a little bit of help from a co-worker, but to be honest, he was more freaked out than I was."
Oliver: "Is he all right?"
Felicity: "Yes, he's fine. I sent him to Starling General. And he only knows about my secret, not yours."
Diggle: "If he can trace the cards back here, can we use the cards to trace back to him?"
Felicity: "That is exactly what Curtis, my freaked-out co-coworker, was doing when.... (Beeping sound) I got something. He's headed for the Star City expressway, probably high-tailing his way back to Central City."
Oliver: "Too bad he's not going to make it."

403 (Restoration) - Sara is brought back to life in the Lazarus Pit:
(Sara's dead body is lowered into the Lazarus Pit with ropes.)
Nyssa (entering): "I will see you all dead before I let you do this! Laurel, please. Don't."
Thea: "You sure you want to do this?"
Laurel: "Just keep going."
Thea: "What's wrong?"
Malcolm: "I told you. The Pit has never been used for -"
Laurel: "No, wait... Look."
(Sara slowly emerges from the waters of the Lazarus Pit, standing.)
Laurel: "Sara?"
(Sara leaps out of the Pit and immediately starts attacking everyone like a crazed animal. She's restrained by League minions.)
Malcolm: "Hold her!" (Injects her with a sedative)
Laurel: "Sara! Sara, it's okay. You're going to be okay."

403 (Restoration) – Original Team Arrow sits down for drinks together:
(Diggle, Felicity and Oliver are sitting at a table in the outside patio of a restaurant.)
Felicity: "To OTA. Original Team Arrow. Sorry, I know you hate it when I call us that."
Oliver: "It's growing on me."
Felicity: "Cisco has our meta in lock-up at Iron Heights." 
Diggle: "Yeah, we still can't get any Intel. He's too afraid of Damien Darhk."
Felicity: "Well, so am I. I mean, what are the odds that Double Down told Darhk about Lair 2.0?"
Diggle: "Enough that we should start thinking about Lair 3.0."
Oliver: "I've been working on something."
Diggle: "Really?"
Oliver: "Yeah."
Diggle: "I thought you would learn your lesson about keeping secrets from friends."
Oliver: "It's not a secret. It's a surprise."

403 (Restoration) – Curtis lets Felicity know that he's excited to know that she's helping the Green Arrow:
Felicity: "Hey. You okay?"
Curtis: "Oh, well, the only thing wounded is my work space. Oh, and if Mr. Dennis asks, please just tell him that all this happened because an experiment I was running had an unforeseen outcome."
Felicity: "Thank you for not letting him know that there is a secret lair in the basement."
Curtis: "I'm a full service employee."
Felicity: "Well, you seem pretty calm for a guy who nearly got killed by a metahuman."
Curtis: "Miss Smoak, I came to Palmer Tech so I can help make this city a better place. Can you even imagine how excited I am to know that my boss is doing exactly that?"
Felicity: "Well, you really helped out, Curtis. The Green Arrow - we couldn't have done it without you"
Curtis: "Miss Smoak, is - is everything okay?"
Felicity (looking at her cell phone): "I don't know." 

Edited by tv echo