Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Just now, Thumper said:

Arrrgh, my sympathies for the prep!  Hope all goes well tomorrow.

Thanks.  In a macabre way it seems an entirely appropriate way to spend Oscar Night...

• LOL 5
2 minutes ago, ABay said:

If Al hates it so much, he doesn't have to go. If he is going to go, would it kill him to stop at a 7/11 and pick up a comb?

Would it kill Billie Eilish to wear something other than pajamas and whatever those shoes were?

I mean.. these are the moments and looks that make the red carpet interesting!  lol

• Love 7
1 minute ago, ABay said:

Salma, you must have enough cash to pay for the other sleeve?

I think she looks very nice, I just hate the one-sleeve thing.

Renee Zelleweger has the other sleeve.

James Corden and Rebel Wilson are presenting together? The Cats jokes are on high alert.

it’s 2019’s Internet Boyfriend Keanu Reeves and his mama who looks stunning. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Thumper said:

I know I did, however it's because I'm T-Minus 40 minutes from beginning prep for a colonoscopy tomorrow afternoon.

Good luck to you - I did the same for last years Oscars. 

I'm still watching though I think most of the winners are a foregone conclusion.  I'd love love love to see Parasite take best picture or some other big surprise, but I suppose that's too much to hope for.   I'm enjoying everybody's play by play here with the outfits, since Mr Malotte gets to watch drag racing til the Oscar show begins. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

Al Pacino probably hates attending these sorts of events.  He just wants to be done with it.

Agreed. He tends to make more of an effort when he goes to the Tonys but I think that's just because he's such a theater nerd rather than liking it any better.

• Love 1

I don't hate Maya Rudolph"s look.  The color, hair and shape is...kind of fitting for her.  It's not great but for her it works.  Definitely one of her least objectionable looks.

Keanu must be taking Paul Rudd level anti aging cream.  He just looks so fine 

• Love 4

Okay, was I the only one (other than Rebel Wilson) who did a double-take when James said "Here's Keanu reeves and his mum!" I didn't see who he was with at first, but was thinking "Uh, if he's with his mature-looking girlfriend, that's kinda awkward."

Edited by Catgyrl
  • LOL 3

Oh, I was hoping the black cape on Natalie was just temporary to get her from the car to the tent.  Her outfit would look better without it.

Brad, looking hot as always.

I really don't like Saoirse's peplum dress, and I'm unimpressed by Cynthia Erivo's dress.

Edited by Browncoat

Boy, Rooney Mara looks like she hates having her picture taken. 

I hate Saoirse's dress, but did I just hear that it was another sustainable one? If so, kudos. 

Cynthia Erivo! That's a statement dress!

Edited by Shannon L.
  • Love 2
Just now, Neeners said:

Damn, I thought it was his girlfriend, too. Heh. I've only seen a picture of her once, though. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I had to hit up Google for a pic. Mom's way more beautiful, IMO.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, mtlchick said:

Renee Zelleweger has the other sleeve.

James Corden and Rebel Wilson are presenting together? The Cats jokes are on high alert.

it’s 2019’s Internet Boyfriend Keanu Reeves and his mama who looks stunning. 

James Corden fan-boyed all over Keanu’s mum!

• Love 1

It's not that I dislike Renee Zellweger's dress -- it's not bad -- but I kind of think her overall look is more subdued and understated than I would expect for the Oscars.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 1