Type keyword(s) to search

Teresa Checks In Part 1: Tre Of Life

• Start Topic

I wonder if that happened to a lot of people. It's one of the reasons why I think the next ep. might be a better indicator of the show's ratings. Another being that ppl. might have tuned in out of curiosity, but will tune out otherwise. I'm not sure how to interpret the ratings. Most blogs are calling it a bust because the numbers were significantly lower than RHONJ's average, but it's in line with other HW spin offs and Bravo shows. My guess is Bravo was expecting and hoping for higher ratings, but is probably satisfied with what they got. #BackToTweetingAndBoycotting

Fewer viewers than Don't Be Tardy's premiere this year.  I tried a couple of times to watch the show.  For all the times I read people just want to see this family at home I am left with the question-why? Milania acting out may be her gateway to a Scared Straight stint.  Joe somehow thinking phonesex becomes couch sex because he doesn't sleep in the bed, is just a further example of how incredibly ignorant these people will always be.  I can't imagine who wants to tune back in.  If this is what RHNJ has devolved to they should be moving it to the Thursday death slot.

• Love 5

Haha, I don't know a parent in the world who would say, "Yeah, kid--cry it up on your special day." That wasn't an admonishment or denial; it was a normal parent (or human) response to a little girl crying. As far as stuff to latch onto and pick on regarding the Giudices, this is, IMO, pretty out there.

I wasn't referring to that particular moment, but rather to the overall message Teresa has given Gia to not feel sad, to stay positive.

How is she going to promote her book and go on speaking engagements without acknowledging that she was incarcerated? Are you saying that she just won't use the word 'prison' as she speaks about it? Or are you saying she's going to pretend it all never happened?

As for speaking engagements for her book, I'd be surprised if she did any a) because of the subject; and b) because she was horrible doing this for even her cook books. But if she does, I think she'll have a well-rehearsed line or two about getting through her stint, and that's it. She'll focus more on her life, and what's in store looking forward. If she's back on RHONJ, a more controlled environment, she'll revert back to the days of saying she and Joe had to "go away," if pressed, and of course give anyone the stink eye if it's mentioned.

• Love 1
I wasn't referring to that particular moment, but rather to the overall message Teresa has given Gia to not feel sad, to stay positive.

Point taken. But I still don't find this at all synonymous with denial or putting one's head in the sand.  Feeling sad and being positive are not mutually exclusive attitudes.

she'll revert back to the days of saying she and Joe had to "go away," if pressed,

Do people actually hear "go away" in this context as a Giudice-specific phrase, or one that's also conveying denial? It's actually a pretty common euphemism for incarceration.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 5
They basically act like there's no remorse for what Joe AND Teresa did.

They're shameless to the core. I'm still SMH that Juicy actually blamed Teresa's brother for her incarceration. Even at this juncture, that bloated moron still believes he's smarter than everybody else, and that the viewers will just buy whatever bullshit that flows from his and his wife's pieholes.

He said he does construction jobs to "put food on the table".

I guess the Bravo checks pay for his extras, because booze and side pieces ain't cheap.

I bet he didn't pay a penny for that slab of stone.

Yeah, he probably stole it.

Every time I read the title "Teresa Checks In" I think of that horrible movie from the 80's "Dunstan Checks In."

Hah, the respective title characters do favor one another.

• Love 8

They're shameless to the core. I'm still SMH that Juicy actually blamed Teresa's brother for her incarceration. Even at this juncture, that bloated moron still believes he's smarter than everybody else, and that the viewers will just buy whatever bullshit that flows from his and his wife's pieholes.

Sadly, Shockingly, there are still viewers that put the blame of Teresa/Joe getting investigated/arrested/sentenced on the Gorgas, the Lauritias and/or the Manzos. There is a steadfast group that refuse to acknowledge that it was Teresa/Joes's unmitigated greed that got them where they are now and that no one else is to blame nor is anyone else responsabile for the actions of the Giudice's. Had Teresa/Joe not filed for BK, there would not have been any investigation into their financial shenanigans, no charges, no GUILTY PLEA and no prison sentences.

• Love 7

The bank doesn't own it yet, it still has to work through the foreclosure process. Right now it's likely with a Special Servicer who was assigned to handle "problem" properties. They get a fee and cut of any resolutions.

My question has been if they pay all the back payments, late/legal fees and interest and still keep the house or if they have to settle all those outstanding liens as well. Not my particular area of RE expertise and I'm too embarrassed to ask any of my company's high priced RE attorneys. One they'd think it was a personal issue and two they might start their little legal timer and we'd get billed (see embarrassing).

I do know that the lender now has the right to call the entire $1.7M (now plus) principal. They generally don't do that though. I also know they can't refinance - then they would definitely have to settle the liens and not only do they not have acceptable credit, they can't legally get any new debt anyway (part of plea agreement and sentence).

Any RE lawyers on the board?

Sadly, Shockingly, there are still viewers that put the blame of Teresa/Joe getting investigated/arrested/sentenced on the Gorgas, the Lauritias and/or the Manzos.

That is sad. I don't understand what bliss can be derived from that kind of ignorance.

• Love 4

Point taken. But I still don't find this at all synonymous with denial or putting one's head in the sand.  Feeling sad and being positive are not mutually exclusive attitudes.

Gia believing that her mother is "working" in prison is just one example of how this family uses delusion and denial to get through things. (And I know Gia knows she's there for other reasons, too, but the younger girls?). I just think the girls would be better served if they were told the truth, or a version of the truth that they can understand, and with that permission to express hurt and sadness, and even anger. If they're also taught some elements of positivity (if we get through this, we can get through anything...), then that's ok, but Teresa's parenting style is all positivity, all denial, all love, love, love, and I think that's wrong.

• Love 7

As far as I'm concerned, the house is unsellable. Esp. with that memorial thing in the back. No one wants something like that on their property.

I learned from a question on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire last season (with Terry Crews) that there's a website that lists if its known a person has died in house, since apparently that's a very big deterrent for some people when looking to buy a hosue. I doubt if you're one such person "in the house" vs. "backyard" like where Mr. Giudice died probably doesn't make much of a difference, I'm assuming. I don't think knowing someone died in a house (or in the yard) would stop me from buying a place, but I would feel so weird if I had to take down someone's memorial who died, that would deter me. Unless they plan on taking it with them where ever they go next, not that they seem to think they'll ever leave, that's just the latest mark on that eyesore of a place (I feel bad even saying eyesore and it involving a memorial, but I really mean the rest of the place really is, to me.) It bothers me if you watch like HGTV shows that involve teaching how to sell a house that they insist you don't have a family photo around and must have every wall and floor bland.. who can't look past a family photo and you should at least expect to have to paint a wall or maybe replace a rug if you're not buying a brand new place, imo... that house has got to be a sellers nightmare, it's so taste specific all over with their onyx etc everywhere that has to be quite a project to redo. 

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 2

The bank doesn't own it yet, it still has to work through the foreclosure process. Right now it's likely with a Special Servicer who was assigned to handle "problem" properties. They get a fee and cut of any resolutions.

My question has been if they pay all the back payments, late/legal fees and interest and still keep the house or if they have to settle all those outstanding liens as well. Not my particular area of RE expertise and I'm too embarrassed to ask any of my company's high priced RE attorneys. One they'd think it was a personal issue and two they might start their little legal timer and we'd get billed (see embarrassing).

I do know that the lender now has the right to call the entire $1.7M (now plus) principal. They generally don't do that though. I also know they can't refinance - then they would definitely have to settle the liens and not only do they not have acceptable credit, they can't legally get any new debt anyway (part of plea agreement and sentence).

Any RE lawyers on the board?

From bad to worse, beside the bank starting the foreclosure process, they are facing sheriff sale due to non payment of state/local taxes as well, if reports are correct, and the state/local goverment will be faster than bank foreclosure (the beach house is a prime example).

That is sad. I don't understand what bliss can be derived from that kind of ignorance.

I don't understand it either. Some people seem to have bought into Teresa/Joe's lies despite proof to the contrary.

• Love 2

Gia believing that her mother is "working" in prison is just one example of how this family uses delusion and denial to get through things. (And I know Gia knows she's there for other reasons, too, but the younger girls?). I just think the girls would be better served if they were told the truth, or a version of the truth that they can understand, and with that permission to express hurt and sadness, and even anger. If they're also taught some elements of positivity (if we get through this, we can get through anything...), then that's ok, but Teresa's parenting style is all positivity, all denial, all love, love, love, and I think that's wrong.

OK, I hear you on that. Good points, I agree, especially with the caveat of "truth they can understand" (though I don't know that we can say what else is being explained to them).

• Love 1

As far as who will film with her from the previous cast? Whomever she deems worthy. They'll all want aboard that perceived gravy train. I suspect Bravo will find a newish cast of friends for her. Maybe she's made friends in the pen that'll be featured. Blech. Anything is possible if Bravo thinks it'll make a buck.

Agreed - they'll be falling all over themselves to film with her. 

I tried to watch this, but had two issues - - too sad and too boring. Joe needs T to balance him and the phone calls aren't doing it.

My heart breaks for those girls and watching Gia be so adult at her age was seriously painful. Seeing little Milania go to comfort her upset Nona almost did me in. I don't know if I can watch it again. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Agreed - they'll be falling all over themselves to film with her.

I tried to watch this, but had two issues - - too sad and too boring. Joe needs T to balance him and the phone calls aren't doing it.

My heart breaks for those girls and watching Gia be so adult at her age was seriously painful. Seeing little Milania go to comfort her upset Nona almost did me in. I don't know if I can watch it again.

I agree it was sad especially watching the children and Teresa's parents. In just a few months Teresa will be back and RHONJ will begin filming. I liked seeing Rosie and the girls. Juicy did a decent job considering he caused a great part of the misery that brought them to this point in time.

Joe Gorga's simplicity in blaming jealousy for the rift between he and his sister was interesting. Teresa never liked that the Gorgas came on her show to begin with, but Bravo loved all the ratings gold of angst and misery they created. Those were dark times for the family and caused so much negativity between family members. The viewers understand why Melissa's on the no fly list for visiting Teresa in jail.

So Juicy says he can no longer flip houses or get mortgages but is working with a crew that does to put food on the table. Next episode includes a telephone call from Teresa saying someone shook her down. Guess that means robbed her? Looks like the spa setting has been shattered. I don't see how this mini series helps Teresa in prison. I can see it having the opposite effect. Making her last few months a lot tougher.

Edited by talula
  • Love 2

Well I seem to always be defending the under dog so here goes......Joe and Theresa did not get away with anything. She is in prison (not jail). He's going to prison. For years! They are paying for their crimes. That's how it works. You do the crime you do the time. And they are. Say what you like but they love there kids and being separated from them must be agony. I've had a "few" friends who spent some time in prison. Not fun, believe me. Not even a low security one is a walk in the park. Oh , it's a pretty day and you want to go outside? Tough, you can't. You don't want to work in the laundry? Tough. You have no choice. Want a cup of tea? Tough. You can't.You have NO personal freedom and it is HARD......and there's nothing wrong with calling a friend and saying lease pick up "insert whatever" for my daughters special occasion. Do you seriously not think Bravo paid for that present and the make up artist? Really? I swear it's like no way will be satisfied until they find a dungeon and chain them to the walls while covering them in tar and feathers.

All I know is I was married to a crook (white collar ) after we got divorced the IRS came after me. Turns out all I had to do was sign an "Innocent Spouse" form (yes it's really a thing) It basically said I was an idiot who never read what was put in front of her. (True) I signed it. Much to my exs displeasure. I didn;t even know 1/2 of what he was up to.....So yes, I feel for Theresa. She can never apply for a job without explaining her felony. She can never vote. She can;t even see her husband every week because she's a felon , just as he can't see her every week. That,s hard! So yes, they are paying for there crimes.

And lastly, it has been explained that the only person who is not aware Theresa is prison is her 5 year old. The other girls all know where she is.

• Like 1
  • Love 14

Next episode includes a telephone call from Teresa saying someone shook her down. Guess that means robbed her? Looks like the spa setting has been shattered. I don't see how this mini series helps Teresa in prison. I can see it having the opposite effect. Making her last few months a lot tougher.

The shake down was by the guards.  They thought she had a cell phone so searched her dorm room and her person.  Sounds like Teresa's fellow convicts think she's all that and a bag of chips.  This supposedly happened after they held a viewing party the other night:

“The other inmates were clapping throughout the entire episode and Teresa really got a lot of support from the group. These women have become confidantes and sisters to Teresa, and without this sisterhood, she wouldn’t be able to get through the day.”

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/teresa-giudice-prison-strip-searched-contraband-cellphone/

If all the prisoners are white collar crooks and they like her, she might come out of there with some good legal advice and a sound business plan.  That Teresa - always landing on her feet.

• Love 2

Any legal and business advice Teresa gets from fellow inmates can't be all that good and sound, given they ended up in the same place as her.

The Giudices should be grateful for the counsel they did receive, considering they were originally indicted on forty-one charges.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 4

I really had to laugh at that phone call between Tre and Joe, she has a scant 10 minutes of phone time with him and she starts with "Joe, get abs," really?  Are they even going to see each other between her release to a halfway house and his going to prison?  I do believe she will have a better shot of seeing Joe with abs after his stint in the big house...he will have lots of time to work on them. 

BTW, Joe did not seem to know what phone sex was, he said since he was on the couch it would be couch sex, lol. I guess he did not know what vineyard sex was either! LOL.

• Love 1

I'm pretty sure the girls know that their mother is in prison.  I read somewhere or watched someone (Joe?) say that the girls know she's in prison.  I think that Teresa might have asked that it be referred to as working and spa-like to spare the kids.  But remember, the girls go visit her.  They can all presumably read and it says Federal Bureau of Prisons on the signs.  Their mother is in a prison uniform, just like the prisoner uniforms they've presumably seen in the media.  At this prison the children who come to visit use a communal room.  So all the prisoner moms and families are in one big room with tables and chairs.  I'm sure the kids have overheard it mentioned that this is prison or jail by those who come in, just in case they hadn't clued in to this being prison.  They have to lock their things in a locker before they go visit and anything they do bring in has to be in a small clear bag, like a clear small makeup bag.  They aren't allowed to touch except at the start and end of the visit.  Visitors have to follow a strict dress code, partly so they don't look like prisoners, partly so they can't dress provocatively (which is more of a problem in the men's prison I would guess).  There are metal detectors, as well.

There's just no fucking way that these girls don't know their mother is in prison since they've all gone to see her there.

• Love 7

I'm pretty sure Joe said before Teresa went in, in one of the sit downs with Andy, that everyone but Audrianna knew while Teresa was sitting there still trying to say only Gia knows something. I didn't sit through this whole special but I tuned in for the Joe/Joe WWHL and Joe said on that they know, too.

Just read an article in People magazine and it says that, "Teresa's harsh new reality will be chronicled in detail in her new memoir Turning the Tables: From Housewife to Inmate and Back Again." Teresa is writing it with People's own K.C. Baker and scheduled for publication on February 9th.

• Love 2

Boo hoo.

I don't feel bad for the Guidices. I feel bad for the people who lived in their slum apartments who were left homeless because Joe didn't pay the utilities. Then they nearly died because Joe illegally used an electric generator. All while Joe is living in a mansion? I feel bad for the creditors (especiallly the small business owners) who will never see a cent.

Yeah, Teresa went to jail (and Joe is going) but facing social opprobrium is a part of the punishment too.  And given that they still have a tv show, it seems like that is a moot point. And I'd like to point out that they're still blaming other people for their crimes.

ITA, they are still blaming others for THEIR crimes and still living in the house that their fraudulent/theiving/grifting/illegal ways bought/built.

• Love 7
="gimipizzauoldtroll" post="1611540" timestamp="1445039599"]

Boo hoo.

I don't feel bad for the Giudices. I feel bad for the people who lived in their slum apartments who were left homeless because Joe didn't pay the utilities. Then they nearly died because Joe illegally used an electric generator. All while Joe is living in a mansion? I feel bad for the creditors (especiallly the small business owners) who will never see a cent.

Yeah, Teresa went to jail (and Joe is going) but facing social opprobrium is a part of the punishment too. And given that they still have a tv show, it seems like that is a moot point. And I'd like to point out that they're still blaming other people for homeless because Joe didn't pay the utilities. Then they nearly died because Joe illegally used an electric generator. All while Joe is living in a mansion? I feel bad for the creditors (especiallly the small business owners) who will never see a cent.

___ ___

I agree.

At times, I'm at a loss for the correct 'vernacular' to express my disdain and disgust.

~

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 3

I swear it's like no way will be satisfied until they find a dungeon and chain them to the walls while covering them in tar and feathers.

That's it! Perfect solution! Let's call the Feds and see if we can't arrange that.

• Love 6

The Guidices are simply paying for what they did. Yeah it probably does suck not to be able to go outside or get a cup of tea whenever you feel like it, but so what, that is the punishment for what they did and it's not like it's unfair or cruel.

What about her fellow cast mate Amber who battled breast cancer, and even though during season 6 she said she was in remission, I heard recently her cancer came back and she had to have surgery? What about Jacqueline dealing with her son who has autism? Those are real problems that neither of them asked for or brought upon themselves. Those are much harder problems than spending 15 months in a low security prison, rightfully paying for crimes you committed.

I feel sorry for their children because they're innocent in all of this, but I don't feel sympathy for Joe or Teresa having to pay for what they did. In comparison to the things I mentioned, there's way worse problems you can have than that, that they didn't bring upon themselves through selfishness and greed, and that are completely unfair. Teresa's life in prison is nothing in comparison to cancer or dealing with a child with autism.

• Love 4

I guess that I *do* feel bad for the kids, since they've been the subject of so much undeserved ire and there seem to be few good role models in their lives. Melissa seems like she's only around when there's a camera.

Eh. Seems like she's not really welcome around any time at all, so I don't see the issue.
  • Love 2

Well I seem to always be defending the under dog so here goes......Joe and Theresa did not get away with anything. She is in prison (not jail). He's going to prison. For years! They are paying for their crimes. That's how it works. You do the crime you do the time. And they are. Say what you like but they love there kids and being separated from them must be agony. I've had a "few" friends who spent some time in prison. Not fun, believe me. Not even a low security one is a walk in the park. Oh , it's a pretty day and you want to go outside? Tough, you can't. You don't want to work in the laundry? Tough. You have no choice. Want a cup of tea? Tough. You can't.You have NO personal freedom and it is HARD......and there's nothing wrong with calling a friend and saying lease pick up "insert whatever" for my daughters special occasion. Do you seriously not think Bravo paid for that present and the make up artist? Really? I swear it's like no way will be satisfied until they find a dungeon and chain them to the walls while covering them in tar and feathers.

All I know is I was married to a crook (white collar ) after we got divorced the IRS came after me. Turns out all I had to do was sign an "Innocent Spouse" form (yes it's really a thing) It basically said I was an idiot who never read what was put in front of her. (True) I signed it. Much to my exs displeasure. I didn;t even know 1/2 of what he was up to.....So yes, I feel for Theresa. She can never apply for a job without explaining her felony. She can never vote. She can;t even see her husband every week because she's a felon , just as he can't see her every week. That,s hard! So yes, they are paying for there crimes.

And lastly, it has been explained that the only person who is not aware Theresa is prison is her 5 year old. The other girls all know where she is.

Teresa and Joe took the risk of losing their freedoms. With every illegal act they committed, they risked getting caught and having to be away from their children, they decided it was worth the risk. Even after the government started investigating them, they continued to commit frauds and not report income. Even if Teresa didn't know anything Joe had done prior to that -which I believe she did know, perhaps not the specifics of how but she knew he was doing things illegally and she took the plea because of that- she had it brought to her attention things were being done illegally, and she could have looked into things to make sure that didn't still go on. She didn't. If she didn't after being on notice Joe hasn't been trustworthy, because she still wanted to trust him or whatever, that's all on her for being that ignorant/stupid. I'm sorry you were taken advantage of, but if Teresa had been wouldn't she have been able to sign a form like that? Charges were brought against her as well. I don't think they should be locked away forever, I just don't think they should get to benefit from the crimes by keeping what it got them. If a person stole a car, they don't get to keep the car whether they get jail time, probation, whatever. Yes the Giudice's are getting time, which they should, but it's also like saying crime pays if they get to live in two houses they aren't paying for, rooms full of stuff put on credit cards they haven't paid for, or paid with fraud loan money, and if they go on to write books about prison but keep all the money from that instead of paying debts that's just so wrong (if they were truly sorry and understanding about the damage they've done they wouldn't need a court order to make them pay they would work to do it anyway to make things right.) At this point in time, it seems like they're still only sorry they got caught, and still think they shouldn't have. As of now I see the message they are going to send to their kids about of this is "mommy and daddy witll do anything for you! We just want you to have a great life but some people were out ot get us", not "we messed up, we're sorry, don't be like us, earn an honest living/lifestyle" They don't have to worry about explaining their felonies, they're exposing them all on TV for money. These specials are making a job off of what they've done.

The Guidices are simply paying for what they did. Yeah it probably does suck not to be able to go outside or get a cup of tea whenever you feel like it, but so what, that is the punishment for what they did and it's not like it's unfair or cruel.

What about her fellow cast mate Amber who battled breast cancer, and even though during season 6 she said she was in remission, I heard recently her cancer came back and she had to have surgery? What about Jacqueline dealing with her son who has autism? Those are real problems that neither of them asked for or brought upon themselves. Those are much harder problems than spending 15 months in a low security prison, rightfully paying for crimes you committed.

It felt so wrong to agree with Jim about anything, but him questioning how Amber could say she relates to Teresa was baffling to me, too. Teresa has known she won't be gone forever, and her children can talk to her, if cancer had taken Amber from her children, there's no coming back from that, ever. Amber's cancer wasn't brought on by years of smoking knowing there was a risk of cancer or anything, she did nothing to create her situation/illness.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 5

I did not watch the show, but for some reason, I did see that skanky "on display" nitwit barking about giving her niece a "ride or a tampon," as if it were the greatest act of beneficence in the history of mankind. I thought to myself, "Why in the name of God is a crazed ape talking about a tampon in relation to her little eighth-grade niece?" If these pigs were any more grotesque, these shows would be rated NC-17. So vulgar and gross. I realize that the "poison receptacle" has the smallest brain of any living creature, but good Lord.

Edited by StevieRocks
  • Love 6

I think that's what the other poster's point basically was--not that the Guidices are particularly worthy of sympathy because of what they're going through (the kids seem to be the only ones getting real sympathy) but just that the jail sentences are them paying for their crimes, so they didn't get away with anything, even if they continue to paint themselves as noble. Being in jail is a punishment even if it's not the worst punishment in the world and it's frustrating that they're still on TV not drawing a connection between the situation and the many decisions they made to break the law out of greed.

• Love 4

On WWHL Joe Giudice blamed Joey and Melissa Gorga for why Teresa is in prison. He believes the Gorga's brought their finances under examination leading to the discovery of their crimes. Unfortunately that shows he is out of touch with reality and not remorseful for what he did. How sickening it is after all these years that both he and Teresa have turned a blind eye to their own culpability. It is after all they who went bankrupt leading the Feds to their crime ridden door.

Until they take responsibility and are remorseful for their crimes it will be difficult to be supportive of them. It's one thing to go to prison if at the end you realize you commited crimes and that's why you're there and another to believe you are innocent of committing any crime and wound up in prison because your in-laws and TV reality show brought your shady finances to light.

It's tough to see adults raising children with such a disconnect with reality and no empathy for the victims of their crimes. The end justify the means and the world owes me a living are a lousy legacy to leave your children. It's as if they believe getting caught is the crime, not the crimes themselves.

I'll continue to watch hoping for Joe and Teresa to become enlightened somewhere along the way.

Edited by talula
  • Love 4

I do remember in season 3 when Joe Gorga and Melissa first came on that Melissa made a shady comment "We PAY our bills!" I wonder if they were privy to any of that even way back then.

But other than that one comment, I'm not sure what the Gorgas said or did that would be responsible for the Guidices getting "found out." I even seem to remember in season 2 that Danielle Staub said something about Teresa's house being in foreclosure or something. Either people close to her/them knew little bits and pieces of what was going on, or just made little digs, but no one could possibly be responsible except the Guidices. I'll bet Joe Gui thought Andy meant "Who is responsible for you getting caught?" and not who is responsible for the actual crimes.

Later in the WWHL episode Andy said many viewers were tweeting about his comment to Gorga- his only answer is "Well I said before that I take full responsibility for it." That is what these people do any time they are faced with questions or having to take full responsibility for anything- they either deflect or blame it on others, or they change their story when you question it. I bet they'd even go so far as to blame their own children for it, saying they just wanted to give them the best or something. Sick.

• Love 3

Please boycott this show and its advertisers. And let your voice be heard. Anyone interested can PM me and join the social media campaign. Here's a sample tweet:

.@OldNavy As an advertiser on @Bravotv, why is it ok to reward and glorify criminals? #RHONJ #WontWatchWontBuy

If you or anyone else doesn't like the show it's very simple - don't watch it, remove it from your DVR. There are shows I don't like and find offensive but I don't start boycott campaigns, lol. There are all sorts of tv show, movies, music that glorify criminal activity or other behaviors others might find offensive. I hate this "boycott campaign" crap whether it be for a political cause, religious views, or a form of media some may find offensive. If you don't like it don't watch it, don't buy it, don't do business with the advertisers that support whatever it is you're freaking out over, but I DO NOT like it when others attemp to put THEIR values/opinions/outrage on others. It reminds me of the people freaking out and boycotting Campbell's Soup because they are running a campaign featuring two gay men with a child. Don't like it? Don't buy their soup, but don't tell me I shouldn't buy their soup! Obviously there IS a market for things Tre related or Bravo wouldn't air it, advertisers wouldn't advertise on the show. I said from the time Tre was conviced that Bravo would find some way to interview her or have contact with her in prison. She bring the viewers in. I'll be my last dollar those who are "boycotting" are still watching the show. Many here who are appalled by the Guidices are STILL watching and posting here! I'm not a Tre supporter, what she and Joe did was wrong and stupid, but I'm not a vitriolic hater either. I'll keep watching and when gets boring I'll stop watching. Or if Caro or Jac come back. Then I'm out, lol.

• Love 11

If you or anyone else doesn't like the show it's very simple - don't watch it, remove it from your DVR. There are shows I don't like and find offensive, but I don't start boycott campaigns.

Frankly, I don't think boycotts are very effective. Protest is probably a better word. In this day and age, I think social media campaigns against the person, product, or thing are far more effective, and in this case, I think sending a message to the advertisers is the best approach for anyone that's angry about Bravo's decision to reward and glorify this grifter family. Companies care about their public image and bad PR - much more so than Bravo or NBC or Andy Cohen. Pressure from sponsors is what got the Duggars show off TLC.

Of course an obvious and easy option is to not watch the show and remove RHONJ from your DVR. But if you're angry that Bravo is glorifying these criminals, then there are other steps to take as well. I'm not forcing anyone else to do anything - I just know there are a lot of people who feel as I do, and I'm simply providing info. for anyone that's interested.

Speaking of which, I've added a number of new sponsors to the original list, including Twitter handles, so again, for any who's interested, send me a PM if you'd like the new list and have a few minutes to tweet/post/e-mail.

Speaking of which, part 2 - where's Lablover?!

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Love 2
She can never apply for a job without explaining her felony. She can never vote. She can;t even see her husband every week because she's a felon , just as he can't see her every week.

Eh, tough tits. She should've thought about that before she chose to commit multiple felonies.

• Love 5

I did not watch the show, but for some reason, I did see that skanky "on display" nitwit barking about giving her niece a "ride or a tampon," as if it were the greatest act of beneficence in the history of mankind. I thought to myself, "Why in the name of God is a crazed ape talking about a tampon in relation to her little eighth-grade niece?" If these pigs were any more grotesque, these shows would be rated NC-17. So vulgar and gross. I realize that the "poison receptacle" has the smallest brain of any living creature, but good Lord.

Plus, aren't those things something any good aunt would do anyway? They're not, like, some kind of sacrifice. Even total strangers will give someone in need a tampon!

• Love 5

Well I knew full well people would be mad that anyone said anything except hate for Theresa and ,frankly, I don't get it. Yes they are criminals, never once said they weren't. Yes, they deserve to go to prison. No doubt. But she IS in prison, she is paying for her crimes. That's how it works. I even stated "You do the crime,you do the time". Doesn't mean I don't feel for her as a mother separated from her children. Should they have "thought it out" first? Of course! But most criminals don't "think it through". If they did they wouldn't be criminals!! And while your in prison the government takes 1/2 of what you "earn" to payback debts. Of course that's about 20 cents an hour. So she is "paying back debts". And they WILL take a huge hunk out of her book sales to pay back debts. So the debt is being repaid. They will (eventually) lose the house. Why people are so thrilled with the idea of 4 kids living in a apartment because there parents are idiots is beyond me. They don;t owe the entire world a apology. There paying for there crimes. In my book that's good enough.

I'm not IN ANY WAY defending what they did. I'm saying there paying and that's good enough. If Theresa makes some bucks off her books she's just earning a living like she always has. Should I be banned from any way I used to make money (legally) just because I screwed up? Should I take my kids and live on the street or in a shelter? NOPE....Most people I know who have been in prison for any number of years come out all saying the same thing "Thank God that's over. I am never being that stupid again." And they do go on to live perfectly legal, normal lives. They DO learn a lesson.

As for boycotting or signing a petition? Geesh....You don't like it don't watch! I enjoy the show, always have.Guess if you don't like it I can't watch it? #Getalife.

• Love 7

Well I knew full well people would be mad that anyone said anything except hate for Theresa and ,frankly, I don't get it. Yes they are criminals, never once said they weren't. Yes, they deserve to go to prison. No doubt. But she IS in prison, she is paying for her crimes. That's how it works. I even stated "You do the crime,you do the time". Doesn't mean I don't feel for her as a mother separated from her children. Should they have "thought it out" first? Of course! But most criminals don't "think it through". If they did they wouldn't be criminals!! And while your in prison the government takes 1/2 of what you "earn" to payback debts. Of course that's about 20 cents an hour. So she is "paying back debts". And they WILL take a huge hunk out of her book sales to pay back debts. So the debt is being repaid. They will (eventually) lose the house. Why people are so thrilled with the idea of 4 kids living in a apartment because there parents are idiots is beyond me. They don;t owe the entire world a apology. There paying for there crimes. In my book that's good enough.

I'm not IN ANY WAY defending what they did. I'm saying there paying and that's good enough. If Theresa makes some bucks off her books she's just earning a living like she always has. Should I be banned from any way I used to make money (legally) just because I screwed up? Should I take my kids and live on the street or in a shelter? NOPE....Most people I know who have been in prison for any number of years come out all saying the same thing "Thank God that's over. I am never being that stupid again." And they do go on to live perfectly legal, normal lives. They DO learn a lesson.

As for boycotting or signing a petition? Geesh....You don't like it don't watch! I enjoy the show, always have.Guess if you don't like it I can't watch it? #Getalife.

The thing is that most viewers don't believe Teresa or Joe will learn from their mistakes or show remorse for what they have done. They don't seem to have learned anything from this. On WWHL Joe Guidice actually tried to put the blame for Teresa going to jail on Joe Gorga. They continue to place the blame on other people- they are not sorry for what they did, they are only sorry they got caught, and sadly I don't think that's going to change. I don't believe that when Teresa gets out of jail she's going to be all "It was horrible and I'll never do that again. People, don't make the mistakes I made and cause your children to suffer the way I did. It's not worth it." She won't do any of that. She is going to take her book and spin the story to be all about how "strong" she was for her children and how it's all about love, love, love and her fans will eat it up. 

In your OP you were making it sound like being in prison is the worst thing in the world (It's HARD!!!!) It might suck, but it's not unfair or cruel punishment. Most viewers don't feel an ounce of sympathy for the Guidices being in prison because it is exactly what they deserve. We don't care that it's "hard." That's why it's called prison, it's not supposed to be fun or easy. As I stated before, there's way worse problems out there, yet I don't see sympathy for them- what about Amber with her cancer or Jacqueline with Nicholas, who has autism? Those are problems that I consider HARD to deal with, not sitting in prison for crimes you fully committed. Not to mention I think if you consider how long they were doing this, their sentences are pretty lenient. They committed these crimes for over a decade, Teresa gets a little over a year and Joe gets I think about 3.5 years, and then deportation to Italy. Italy's a nice place and they probably have family over there.

This is something they brought on themselves, why should anyone feel sorry for them? The people we should feel sorry for are those who did nothing to deserve the problems they have, like Amber with cancer, Jacqueline with her autistic son, Melissa losing her father before she had even turned 18, when Kathy's daughter was young she suffered a brain tumor, Caroline's father in law was brutally murdered (on her birthday, no less)… Teresa and her children are all healthy, Teresa's never been divorced and been married to the same person her whole life, both her parents are still alive… her only real problem is one she brought on herself, and for that I don't have any sympathy. I'm not saying she or Joe deserve to be in prison for life or treated as though they were violent criminals, and I do feel sorry for their kids, but I don't have any sympathy for Joe or Teresa having to be in prison. It is not that HARD in comparison to what some of her fellow castmates have dealt with, in fact, a lot of those she acted nasty to and have real problems to deal with still reached out to her after her sentencing, while I can bet you she would not do the same for them. 

• Love 12
Well I knew full well people would be mad that anyone said anything except hate for Theresa and ,frankly, I don't get it.

Mad? I don't see any anger, just posters responding to posts. That's how it works.

Teresa would be pissed if Melissa gave Gia a tampon and took her virginity away.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 8

The thing is that most viewers don't believe Teresa or Joe will learn from their mistakes or show remorse for what they have done. They don't seem to have learned anything from this. On WWHL Joe Guidice actually tried to put the blame for Teresa going to jail on Joe Gorga. They continue to place the blame on other people- they are not sorry for what they did, they are only sorry they got caught, and sadly I don't think that's going to change. I don't believe that when Teresa gets out of jail she's going to be all "It was horrible and I'll never do that again. People, don't make the mistakes I made and cause your children to suffer the way I did. It's not worth it." She won't do any of that. She is going to take her book and spin the story to be all about how "strong" she was for her children and how it's all about love, love, love and her fans will eat it up. 

In your OP you were making it sound like being in prison is the worst thing in the world (It's HARD!!!!) It might suck, but it's not unfair or cruel punishment. Most viewers don't feel an ounce of sympathy for the Guidices being in prison because it is exactly what they deserve. We don't care that it's "hard." That's why it's called prison, it's not supposed to be fun or easy. As I stated before, there's way worse problems out there, yet I don't see sympathy for them- what about Amber with her cancer or Jacqueline with Nicholas, who has autism? Those are problems that I consider HARD to deal with, not sitting in prison for crimes you fully committed. Not to mention I think if you consider how long they were doing this, their sentences are pretty lenient. They committed these crimes for over a decade, Teresa gets a little over a year and Joe gets I think about 3.5 years, and then deportation to Italy. Italy's a nice place and they probably have family over there.

This is something they brought on themselves, why should anyone feel sorry for them? The people we should feel sorry for are those who did nothing to deserve the problems they have, like Amber with cancer, Jacqueline with her autistic son, Melissa losing her father before she had even turned 18, when Kathy's daughter was young she suffered a brain tumor, Caroline's father in law was brutally murdered (on her birthday, no less)… Teresa and her children are all healthy, Teresa's never been divorced and been married to the same person her whole life, both her parents are still alive… her only real problem is one she brought on herself, and for that I don't have any sympathy. I'm not saying she or Joe deserve to be in prison for life or treated as though they were violent criminals, and I do feel sorry for their kids, but I don't have any sympathy for Joe or Teresa having to be in prison. It is not that HARD in comparison to what some of her fellow castmates have dealt with, in fact, a lot of those she acted nasty to and have real problems to deal with still reached out to her after her sentencing, while I can bet you she would not do the same for them.

*****standing ovation*****

• Love 9

Well I knew full well people would be mad that anyone said anything except hate for Theresa and ,frankly, I don't get it. Yes they are criminals, never once said they weren't. Yes, they deserve to go to prison. No doubt. But she IS in prison, she is paying for her crimes. That's how it works. I even stated "You do the crime,you do the time". Doesn't mean I don't feel for her as a mother separated from her children. Should they have "thought it out" first? Of course! But most criminals don't "think it through". If they did they wouldn't be criminals!! And while your in prison the government takes 1/2 of what you "earn" to payback debts. Of course that's about 20 cents an hour. So she is "paying back debts". And they WILL take a huge hunk out of her book sales to pay back debts. So the debt is being repaid.

The problem with this argument is that their breadth of crime was so large and so long-term, that the sentence they received was only for a portion of their crimes. That leaves a lot of their victims fleeced, as well as feeling that justice wasn't served for them. As far as their debts go, no, the govt. isn't taking a "huge" chunk out of anything. Teresa and Joe arranged a payment plan in which the govt. takes 25% of their paycheck. That's it. And it's only until they settle their outstanding balance with the Feds - about $200k more. Again, that's it. they are under no legal obligation to repay the millions they stole. That's why Bravo continuing to bankroll their lavish lifestyle is so infuriating, and why protesting is so important.

• Love 13

. Companies care about their public image and bad PR - much more so than Bravo or NBC or Andy Cohen. Pressure from sponsors is what got the Duggars show off TLC.

Speaking of which, part 2 - where's Lablover?!

Companies care about one thing and one thing only - $$$$! If a show about criminals brings in the viewers they'll advertise on it. The only time they care about their "image" or bad pr is if it costs them more $$$ than doing what is giving them the bad pr or image. Big corporations have no more morals or high standards than Andy Cohen or Bravo. They are ALL in it for the money. Businesses exist for one reason - bring in the bucks no matter how you gotta do it. The Duggars lost their show because the vast majority of people do not want to watch a hypocritical family that covered up the behavior of their pervert child molester son who violated his own sisters.  Majority wins in that case. The majority of Bravo viewers want to see Tre so the advertisers won't care what others think.

Lab may not know the show was aired. I forgot it was going to be on and even when I saw RHW on my DVR I assumed the DVR accidentally recorded a rerun of the OC. I didn't realize until yesterday it had been on. Maybe she'll find us here soon.

• Love 1

Companies care about one thing and one thing only - $$$$! If a show about criminals brings in the viewers they'll advertise on it. The only time they care about their "image" or bad pr is if it costs them more $$$ than doing what is giving them the bad pr or image. Big corporations have no more morals or high standards than Andy Cohen or Bravo. They are ALL in it for the money. Businesses exist for one reason - bring in the bucks no matter how you gotta do it. The Duggars lost their show because the vast majority of people do not want to watch a hypocritical family that covered up the behavior of their pervert child molester son who violated his own sisters.  Majority wins in that case. The majority of Bravo viewers want to see Tre so the advertisers won't care what others think.

Lab may not know the show was aired. I forgot it was going to be on and even when I saw RHW on my DVR I assumed the DVR accidentally recorded a rerun of the OC. I didn't realize until yesterday it had been on. Maybe she'll find us here soon.

Actually. the Duggars were cancled because advertisers pulled their ads because of the media/public outcry against the family directly after the molestation made the news, well before the ratings took a hit. If enough viewers let the ad compnies know they will not buy their products if they continue to support this, Giudice show, they will stop buying ad time during the show but I don't think there is enough time for this to do much good because that there are only 3 episodes total this time. IMO, this is Bravo/Andy's way to see if it is worth bringing Teresa back to the NJ show and so far the ratings seem to support it but the real test will be what the ratings look like this week and next. A lot of DVRs recorded the show because it was listed as the HWNJ show, NOT because it featured Joe/girls and some of these viewers will not record again this week. The last season of NJ took a hit in ratings until the Giudices were sentenced, it went up during the week before that, the week it happened and the following week then dropped again.

Also, we do not know IF Teresa will be allowed to even film, she will be on probation for 2 years after her release and the Feds have to give their ok for filming. She will NOT be allowed to travel out of state on trips, no alcohol and other restrictions so it remains to be seen if this, filming, will be allowed at all.

There is no way to determine if the "Majority" of the RHNJ viewers want her back or not at this point, the court of public opinion is still out on that one, only the overall end ratings will answer that. LOL

• Love 3

Companies care about one thing and one thing only - $$$$! If a show about criminals brings in the viewers they'll advertise on it. The only time they care about their "image" or bad pr is if it costs them more $$$ than doing what is giving them the bad pr or image. Big corporations have no more morals or high standards than Andy Cohen or Bravo. They are ALL in it for the money. Businesses exist for one reason - bring in the bucks no matter how you gotta do it. The Duggars lost their show because the vast majority of people do not want to watch a hypocritical family that covered up the behavior of their pervert child molester son who violated his own sisters. Majority wins in that case. The majority of Bravo viewers want to see Tre so the advertisers won't care what others think.

I disagree with this. Of course companies are in business to make money, but some care about other things as well. Plus, bad PR affects a company in ways beyond its bottom line. Sponsors simply don't want to be affiliated with controversy. I was shocked at how quickly sponsors pulled their advertising off of The View after the nurses controversy, or even that they acted at all. But the nurses' social media campaign was loud and fierce, and advertisers took notice. And as WireWrap just said, TLC didn't cancel the Duggars show because of low ratings, but rather due to advertisers' discomfort over continuing to sponsor the show.

Btw, I think saying that the majority of Bravo viewers want to see Teresa on the air is another blanket statement, and really can't be verified. Plus, the ratings for the first episode were just so-so.

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Love 4

Actually. the Duggars were cancled because advertisers pulled their ads because of the media/public outcry against the family directly after the molestation made the news, well before the ratings took a hit.

Of course they pulled their ads immediately! It doesn't take a genius PR exec to know that a molester and the family who covered for him is not going to be welcome by 99% of the viewers. Even before the days of social media campaigns they would have been done. Don't want to offend the great majority as that would cost them $$$.

• Love 2

Of course companies are in business to make money, but some care about other things as well.

If big companies cared about other things besides making money for the CEOs, the top brass, and the shareholders this country wouldn't be in the mess it is today. I respectfully disagree they care about anything but cash. They pretend to care about other things if they think it will bring in more cash.

• Love 7

If big companies cared about other things besides making money for the CEOs, the top brass, and the shareholders this country wouldn't be in the mess it is today. I respectfully disagree they care about anything but cash. They pretend to care about other things if they think it will bring in more cash.

Making money IS the bottom line for these companies and for Bravo as well. That said, if the advertisers on this show don't see high enough ratings they will pull any ad space they were going to buy on the NJHW show and/or Bravo will not resign Teresa to the show. Teresa campaigned for her own spin off/show for years and years yet Bravo never gave her 1, including a 1 show special for their vow renewal and that speaks volumes, LOUDLY, especially when you consider they gave Caroline her own show, Nene several "specials, and even Tamra got a special! I am not sure if Andy/Bravo will resign her for the NJ show based on the ratings so far but you never know.

• Love 2

That's quite a blanket statement. It's true for most companies, but not all. Some companies have other goals - ranging from the do-gooder, socially responsible type, to simply an aversion to bad press.

• Love 1