Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I think they'll find out that the drug didn't wear off…Nik slipped something in Helena's tea which killed her. Or mimicked death so Helena is still swanning around Cassadine Island after burning those pajamas.

That's what I figured as well, when Nik was oh so soliticiously giving Helena the tea and telling her to drink or sip slowly. Because as most of us have said: no WAY is that cadaverous monster dead.

• Love 2

Perhaps when Robin gets back to PC , she can whip up some of her Back from the Dead potion and give it to Valerie; you know mother died.

She can then sleep with Patrick as a way of thanking her before she plays Candyland with Emma and braids her hair.

NOW Jason decides to care who he is. I'm fine with him being angry at Liz for lying, but please. Since when has he cared about Monica's feelings? (Who?) Sam's? They've been barely friends since he rolled back into town.

I was actually surprised that they allowed him the line to Liz about how he's been treating Sam, shittily on top of shitty, since he was revealed to be Jason, especially when he said he'd been ignoring her pain and keeping her at bay with wanting to push through the quickie divorce and everything.

But it does ring so very hollow and plot point driven, because he could have done a whole lot more to try and reconnect with his family but instead he ran and hid in Liz's crazy eyed bosom.

I actually don't mind that he's hurting though now that he's realized keeping away from his family, from Monica and Sam and Danny and Michael, so as not to rock the boat with Liz and the boys was due to a relationship based on lies and deceit.

I guess I should at least be grateful that they showed some restraint and didn't have Jason pull up alongside a still weepy Sam and have them share a "look" and then silently Sam climbs onto the back of his motorcycle and they drive off into the night. Maybe they'll have Sam get him some new plates that say "Ride or Die" on them now...

• Love 6

It would be fine with me if it was the Robin & Jerry show the entire hour. I agree that KMc & SR work well together.

The only way that this show could save itself is if there is some acknowledgement from Patrick that Robin sacrificed her freedom so he and Emma could live. Too much to ask I know but C'MON!

Also, in a perfect world, there would be a line around the block thanking Robin...starting with Jason, Carly, Sonny, Sam,  Michael...etc.

But, it will never happen.

Though I have this fear that the writers will kill off Patrick & Robin like Robert & Anna years ago.  Please NO!! Just let Robin finally be happy after all the crap she's been put through.

Edited by rags
  • Love 5

I think they'll find out that the drug didn't wear off…Nik slipped something in Helena's tea which killed her. Or mimicked death so Helena is still swanning around Cassadine Island after burning those pajamas.

Oh I don't doubt that will turn out to be true, but for now, for plot points and reasons, that's what the show is writing for is what I meant.

They're making it seem that Robin's aware the drug is going to wear off, the recipient then dies and it's up to her to "fix it" and save Jason before it's too late. Therefore explaining why she kept pleading to continue her research, because this all began with the all too familiar "Robin must save Jason" rhetoric, why stop now? 

This new group of writers seems to have no original ideas of their own, or any that are good rather.

• Love 1

It would be fine with me if it was the Robin & Jerry show the entire hour. I agree that KMc & SR work well together.

The only way that this show could save itself is if there is some acknowledgement from Patrick that Robin sacrificed her freedom so he and Emma could live. Too much to ask I know but C'MON!

Patrick's FACE when he finds out tho... *pops popcorn*

Patrick's FACE when he finds out tho... *pops popcorn*

Somehow it'll still end up with her not "trusting" him enough and if she'd only "x x x and y" things could have been so different because Patrick is not going to just give up and stop being the victim now.

She could have tattooed a message on Jason's back for example, you know, simple stuff.

• Love 2

I thought Liz's POV re: Jake, and how Becky played that, to be the most interesting part. Jason called Sam "the mother of my child" and Liz snapped back "I am the mother of your child!"

Ordinarily I'd feel like she was justified in making that point, except that she was willing to let Jake think his father was dead and let both Jake and Jason think that Jason was his stepdad. So it felt kind of cheap that she would play the "mother of your child" card now, when she was perfectly ready to live the rest of her life keeping that a secret in order to keep Jason with her.

When did Johnny get so awesomely funny? I don't know if I'd watch Robin and Jerry for an hour, but I'd definitely watch Johnny mocking Dollar Store Dillon for an hour.

• Love 6

Somehow it'll still end up with her not "trusting" him enough and if she'd only "x x x and y" things could have been so different because Patrick is not going to just give up and stop being the victim now.

She could have tattooed a message on Jason's back for example, you know, simple stuff.

I'll never be shocked by Patrick the Victim. But I think he's going to be devastated, not angry at her. Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

I'll never be shocked by Patrick the Victim. But I think he's going to be devastated, not angry at her.

The way he's been written since she first left, his anger is the one part of this I am quite certain will be included.

Maybe they'll let JT off the hook and allow him to exit with some dignity returned to Patrick and he won't behave like the dwouche he has been and allows himself to finally realize Robin's sacrifice has been for he and Emma all along, but then again you have "Uncle Frank" in charge so...who knows which side of the coin we'll end up with.

But personally I just don't have much faith that whatever occurs is going to be all that "great" based on what these writers have been touting as being such, but who knows, maybe they'll surprise me.

• Love 2

I thought Liz's POV re: Jake, and how Becky played that, to be the most interesting part. Jason called Sam "the mother of my child" and Liz snapped back "I am the mother of your child!" I think her tone and attitude was a great reference to the fact that she was the mother of Jason's kid first, that in her heart she never fully let go of the anger and hurt that SBu's Jason chose the Mob, walked away from her and let Jake be raised as Liz and Lucky's kid but then after Jake was gone, he chose to marry Sam and start a family with her. I'm not sure, but I felt like there was a hint of "if you had chosen me back then, there would be no Danny" to it.

I totally agree, and I really wish they would have delved into that. I hate that Jason abandoning his son is so whitewashed. Liz should have major anger and resentment towards  him, but instead they play this stupid story of her wanting to be with him.

The only time she really got to be angry with him, was after Jake died, and Jason basically didn't give a shit about what Liz and Lucky were going through, and asked them to donate Jake's organs. I loved her finally getting to go off on him. Unfortunately, that anger didn't last long.

• Love 5

Wait, so Patrick and/or Emma can just call up Robin whenever they want? When did that happen? It must happen semi-regularly if Robin has a specific ringtone for Emma?

That seems spectacularly dumb on the kidnappers' part. Lucky for them, Robin doesn't have anyone to give two shits about her or where she is, but, at any time, couldn't Patrick or Anna ping the call signal and find out that Robin isn't in Paris?

What we saw last time we saw Robin is that the phone primarily remained in her captors' possession and they monitored her calls when she spoke to anyone.  And if they were smart, her captors would have installed...something...that blocks or masks the signal or GPS or whatever.

So is that really how they're going to kill off Helena? Some protocol failed and she stops breathing in leopard print? WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. Like 99 percent of the show.

Not buying it. The only thing that would make me think Helena is actually gone for good is the death of Constance Towers herself (which we all hope is a long way off). As long as she is healthy and willing to play the character, and there is a version of General Hospital on ABC or the web, I expect that character to come back every couple of years however improbable way it is done.

I do enjoy her performances, although I don't "like" Helena, and don't understand sob-sistering on her behalf on any plot point. She just works for me as a completely ruthless and malevolent presence. 

• Love 4

What we saw last time we saw Robin is that the phone primarily remained in her captors' possession and they monitored her calls when she spoke to anyone.  And if they were smart, her captors would have installed...something...that blocks or masks the signal or GPS or whatever.

Or they knew that Anna helped everyone hand-wave away Robin's lack of communication because of "PTSD!" and so they didn't even need to bother worrying about anyone trying to track her down.

Do I need to delve into how much that has annoyed me since it began...? Good god I hate this show...

• Love 1

I love how when Jason's asks what about Danny to Liz and her response was "you had Jake".  She is nuts. She is still begging him to marry her and divorce Sam.

I wish he would have asked her which kid she would choose out of her three.  (Well, obvi Jake, the other 2 are still locked in the attic)...But how dumb is that logic?  They are BOTH his sons (biologically) telling him he should be ok with just being in ONE of their lives is just...gross.

Danny had been there since day one, since he ran into Jake's room in the hospital and grabbed his hand, and Jake was actually even having dreams about the kid being his.

I had hoped Jason would recall that when he told Liz about the dream she completely shut it down and explained it away.

That's what I figured as well, when Nik was oh so soliticiously giving Helena the tea and telling her to drink or sip slowly. Because as most of us have said: no WAY is that cadaverous monster dead.

The Alexis/Nik scenes from last week had a bit where he talked about Helena dying AS HE WAS PASSING ALEXIS some tea.  It was either intentional or not, but it was pretty damn funny.

Oh Liz.  You desperate psycho.  I was disappointed at first that Jason didn't really yell, but then I remembered that the boys were all asleep upstairs.  She really needs a stint at Shadybrook, like yesterday.  I honestly can't believe she brought up getting the divorce and getting married still....like really?  Bat.Shit.Crazy.  And way to sell Nikolas out in a heartbeat.  Wasn't it her just a few hours ago that huffed to Laura and Nikolas that she "knew she shouldn't have trusted them!!!"  Way to have his back.  Not that he deserves it, but it was funny to me. 

KeMo and BS broke my heart.  But I am sooooo glad SamTrick is over.  Although the "I liked you before I loved you" was very sweet.

• Love 13

The way he's been written since she first left, his anger is the one part of this I am quite certain will be included.

Maybe they'll let JT off the hook and allow him to exit with some dignity returned to Patrick and he won't behave like the dwouche he has been and allows himself to finally realize Robin's sacrifice has been for he and Emma all along, but then again you have "Uncle Frank" in charge so...who knows which side of the coin we'll end up with.

But personally I just don't have much faith that whatever occurs is going to be all that "great" based on what these writers have been touting as being such, but who knows, maybe they'll surprise me.

I just don't think he's going to be yelling or nasty about this. I don't think he'll insult her or blame her. And it's not because I think his character couldn't possibly do that, but because JT is leaving and I don't think the story is about further shitting on Patrick and Robin in that way. It's about him realizing that she DID put him first. She DID put their family above everything.

I don't have faith in the writing, like, ever, but I know JT and KMc will bring it because this is what they want.

• Love 6

Poor Emma. Another person ripped out of her life. BLS did a great job with Emma's anguish. That was some heavy stuff for a young actor. Brydog hasn't done work that moving.

I was thinking it would be hilarious if she won an Emmy next year, and he did not. He'd probably be like "WHO THE FUCK IS THAT?? Did they misspell my name after the first two letters??"

• Love 18

While I've never been big on Samtrick, I actually got teary eyed at the break up scene today, but mostly for Emma. I truly hope we don't see the last of her after Patrick goes, because she is a phenomenal little actor.  What's ironic is that when Brooklyn first stepped into the role as Emma back in 2011,  i remember that she was very quiet. Four years later, she's breaking my heart with the way she's spinning gold out of this Sam-Patrick split and just generally any other scene where she has to do dramatic material. 

I feel for the child. People rag on the character from time to time for idolizing Patrick's girlfriends, but if her mother isn't around, what the hell else is to be expected? She's going to latch onto whatever woman Patrick brings into his home, because she misses having her mother. 

• Love 13

I feel for the child. People rag on the character from time to time for idolizing Patrick's girlfriends, but if her mother isn't around, what the hell else is to be expected? She's going to latch onto whatever woman Patrick brings into his home, because she misses having her mother. 

I think it would have been more realistic to actually resent any new woman in her father's life, instead of latching on, because she has a Mommy and she knows her Mommy is out there; just can't come home.   But it's all moot now, since Jason Thompson is leaving.

• Love 1

I think it would have been more realistic to actually resent any new woman in her father's life, instead of latching on, because she has a Mommy and she knows her Mommy is out there; just can't come home.   But it's all moot now, since Jason Thompson is leaving.

With Sabrina though, Emma though Robin was dead, so it made sense that she latched on to her, even though RC went way overboard with the Sabrina love from Emma.

• Love 1

Well, that was disappointing. I was expecting more, like if Liz is really this crazy and desperate and pathetic, I expected more of a reaction to her losing Jason. Yeah, she slid to the floor, but where were the gut-wrenching sobs? And then tomorrow, she looks perfectly fine while she's talking to Nik. Maybe it's just because this reveal seemed like it was longer than my 20's and 30's combined, but I was somewhat let down.

The Samtrick scenes were well-written, I thought. If it were actually a couple that we cared about, we'd be bawling our eyes out. And Brooklyn did a good job, but she didn't move me until she said she wanted Robin. Why did Patrick wuss out of telling her though? It should have come from him, not Sam. I don't even remember when they started dating, and when they first slept together, but it couldn't have been that much earlier from when she moved in. The pacing of their relationship (and the actual relationship) was just awful.

God, I missed Johnny's snark. Please stick around and continue to do that. I still want Jolivia though, damn it.

Sebastian Roche continues to be yummy.

Dante is the worst, but his hair is now the worst too. First Patrick, now him. It looks like that Seinfeld episode when Jerry and Kramer lost water pressure in their showers and their hair was just so flat. Meanwhile, the ladies' hair looks incredible.

• Love 11

With Sabrina though, Emma though Robin was dead, so it made sense that she latched on to her, even though RC went way overboard with the Sabrina love from Emma.

But the latching on was too quick. When that idiot Sabrina thought Patrick was asking her out on a date for Halloween, she showed up dressed as the grapes from the Fruit of the Looms--when in fact, Patrick wanted her as a babysitter for Emma that night. And Emma had a tantrum. Which I loved. Because again, it was realistic. But then after Daddy came back to 'splain to the wee one to behave, all of a sudden she liked Sabrina; something with chocolate milk comes to mind. I've tried to forget and bleach out EVERYTHING during that period.

• Love 1

I should be excited, but I can't work up the energy. I've been burned too many times before.

Plus, this show is slowing killing my interest. I'll never not be glad that Ron Carlivati, with his ridiculous lack of awareness about rape, social issues, women, and life in general, was fired.

But instead of the show dying from being driven into the wall at 80 mph, with a clown in full face paint and dopey oversized shoes at the wheel now less, I feel like the show is dying from malnutrition.  It's being tied to a bed and left for dead, like the sloth guy in Seven.

• Love 4

I just don't think he's going to be yelling or nasty about this. I don't think he'll insult her or blame her. And it's not because I think his character couldn't possibly do that, but because JT is leaving and I don't think the story is about further shitting on Patrick and Robin in that way. It's about him realizing that she DID put him first. She DID put their family above everything.

I don't have faith in the writing, like, ever, but I know JT and KMc will bring it because this is what they want.

Imo things have been so wrecked and ruined it really doesn't matter how it ends now, I'm just glad it's over.

I do agree that Kim and JT will more than likely act as well as they can all things considered, but none of that is going to matter much to me, because it doesn't negate everything that's come before in my mind, including/especially Patrick's disgusting and deplorable behaviour.

My relief isn't because Patrick and Robin and Emma are being reunited, it's because this crap ass story-line will finally be done, and to me that's just a shame because it really didn't have to be this way. Ron started it and these idiots have finished it and it's been a terror from start to finish, imho. 

• Love 5

I should be excited, but I can't work up the energy. I've been burned too many times before.

Oh, believe you me, I am NOT excited about the end of Patrick's storyline, which I know is tied into Robin maybe finally being saved. I'm just excited to see ROBERT. For whatever short stint he does, because I loved his last return and am hoping it will be the same Robert. Once he and Robin are gone, so am I. Well, maybe I'll just watch clips of Laura because Genie is looking GORGEOUS.

Yes, I can be that shallow.

• Love 4

She may be his mother but when your kid has done something that awful you should be first in line to hand their asses to them....

This goes far beyond Olivia and Lulu being "mean" to him by actually telling him how horrible he's being, imho, it's about Dante acting like a total jackass and needing some sense knocked back into him.

"...when your kid has done something that awful" "hand their asses to them..." "how horrible he is being" "acting like a total jackass" and needing some sense "knocked back into him".

No, just no. Please stop and think about those words. Reading them, I felt shivers of fear over me, and they're not even about me or directed at me. But I have experienced Olivia's type of parenting as a young person myself, plus physical violence (black and blue). I have experienced hysterical screaming from a parent, threats, finger-shaking, demeaning abuse, beating and physical pain to "knock some sense" into me.  Olivia is obviously continuing to treat Dante as she did while raising him. She didn't strike him, but she reached up and pinched his face, I think. She threw nasty words at Valerie too, who looked on the verge of tears at Olivia's venom. But now it is even more INAPPROPRIATE, and as he gently pointed out to her with a restraint that was even respectful but firm, he is a grown man who makes his own choices. He then asked her (firmly and gently) to LEAVE.

I swear to you that after experiencing this scene i was so shaken that I had to stop watching; I'm still weeping. Dante realizes, perhaps even unconsciously, that he has married someone who (when she is angry or does not feel in control of them and the relationship) continues the abuse he grew up with. With every scene I understand more and more.

Olivia and Lulu need to stop and think, realizing that their kind of relating to Dante is ineffective because he has experienced a different kind of relating from a woman now, and prefers it. Improving Olivia may be a lost cause, but if Lulu in particular really cared or loved Dante, she would adopt a more gentle, open, vulnerable, and honest approach, and participate in some heart-to-heart sharing with him without screaming, blaming, insulting, ordering, etc. She would suggest couples therapy and participate with humility and an open heart and mind.

• Love 1

Imo things have been so wrecked and ruined it really doesn't matter how it ends now, I'm just glad it's over.

I do agree that Kim and JT will more than likely act as well as they can all things considered, but none of that is going to matter much to me, because it doesn't negate everything that's come before in my mind, including/especially Patrick's disgusting and deplorable behaviour.

My relief isn't because Patrick and Robin and Emma are being reunited, it's because this crap ass story-line will finally be done, and to me that's just a shame because it really didn't have to be this way. Ron started it and these idiots have finished it and it's been a terror from start to finish, imho.

Oh, I agree with you. It's a shame this is how everything happened. It sucks that Ron had to place Robin forever in a prison to somehow "preserve Scrubs" (in his mind) when all he did was destroy everyone involved.

• Love 1

But the latching on was too quick. When that idiot Sabrina thought Patrick was asking her out on a date for Halloween, she showed up dressed as the grapes from the Fruit of the Looms--when in fact, Patrick wanted her as a babysitter for Emma that night. And Emma had a tantrum. Which I loved. Because again, it was realistic. But then after Daddy came back to 'splain to the wee one to behave, all of a sudden she liked Sabrina; something with chocolate milk comes to mind. I've tried to forget and bleach out EVERYTHING during that period.

But Emma had to latch onto Sabrina so we, the audience, would know who to root for during Princess Sabrina and Bitchy Britt's war for Patrick's dong. #eyeroll

• Love 3

But Emma had to latch onto Sabrina so we, the audience, would know who to root for during Princess Sabrina and Bitchy Britt's war for Patrick's dong. #eyeroll

Britt's annoyance with Emma was my favorite part about her. Heh.

• Love 4

CPP38, there's no need to defend yourself. You wrote nothing out of line.

Thanks for that, I appreciate it. I know it can be hard at times to read tone and intent on a message board. I'd never advocate for mistreatment of any person in such a way on a soap, well except for Sonny perhaps but he hardly counts as a person anyway.

Oh, I agree with you. It's a shame this is how everything happened. It sucks that Ron had to place Robin forever in a prison to somehow "preserve Scrubs" (in his mind) when all he did was destroy everyone involved.

I'm not sure what's sadder: that Ron could do so much damage in such a short period of time to such a long standing veteran character, or that the new slew of slaggard writers they hired to take his place still between them couldn't come up with any better way to do damage control before JT jumped ship and backstroked like his life depended on it to get away from this dying mess.

They can snoop around on message boards and put out lines like "Ride or Die chick" or mention the million stair climb to bang a robot, but they can't think up any real way to save Robin and Patrick before now, before it's basically too little too late? They're all worthless nobbins.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 5

I'm not sure what's sadder: that Ron could do so much damage in such a short period of time to such a long standing veteran character, or that the new slew of slaggard writers they hired to take his place still between them couldn't come up with any better way to do damage control before JT jumped ship and backstroked like his life depended on it to get away from this dying mess.

They can snoop around on message boards and put out lines like "Ride or Die chick" or mention the million stair climb to bang a robot, but they can't think up any real way to save Robin and Patrick before now, before it's basically too little too late? They're all worthless nobbins.

The fuckery with Robin and Patrick is intentional to me at this point, especially at this stage. Almost as if it was decided that they'll deal with them at the very last second possible and they'll screw with them up until then. Today is a perfect example. Patrick still says nothing about Robin. It's all about Jason and Sam and their love and SAM just doesn't love Patrick enough. Poor Patrick the woobie who has all the love for Sam but she doesn't have it for him. Emma had to have a mental breakdown before Patrick decided to go give the ol ex a visit. It's insulting.

• Love 2

CPP83, I am sure that my own painful experiences are affecting how I am seeing and interpreting the Dante/Val/Lulu/Olivia interrelating. It's hitting so close to home for me--I guess that shows that the acting, especially the mother's, is good. I don't like Dante's adultery, and I am not necessarily promoting his and Val's relationship. Dante surely regrets the fallout that is bound to affect their baby Rocco that his parents are breaking up. He probably feels guilty about his mother's anger and pain, and Lulu's. The adultery is causing waves of pain to the family. (But it was nasty pool for Olivia to threaten that Dante might be cut off from the family...does she think SHE was wronged?)

But I am seeing alternate reasons, deeper reasons, for the adultery. Dante is shocked at his own behavior to some extent, and he can't explain it. I think the roots for his behavior are deep in his psyche, buried in unresolved pain he carries from a longtime abusive relationship with his mother and the immature, punitive, disrespectful, abusive attitude of his wife. Lulu is all about blame and threats and revenge. Val is right that all three of them share some part in this fiasco.  I can understand Lulu's hurt and a normal level of anger as an initial reaction, but knowing that she once loved Dante, she should have started looking for deeper reasons. The Show may leave it at that, letting everyone conclude that Dante is a shallow cheater looking for sex and excitement on the side no matter what the fallout, and that Lulu is an angel who hasn't any culpability. I hope they continue to explore the deeper situation that I think I see.

I can understand Lulu's hurt and a normal level of anger as an initial reaction, but knowing that she once loved Dante, she should have started looking for deeper reasons. The Show may leave it at that, letting everyone conclude that Dante is a shallow cheater looking for sex and excitement on the side no matter what the fallout, and that Lulu is an angel who hasn't any culpability. I hope they continue to explore the deeper situation that I think I see.

Lulu's reaction to Dante's adultery was much less harsh than his was when he thought she was cheating.

And the show is hardly treating Lulu as a perfect angel. If I took a sip of coors lite everyone time someone brought up Lulu's lie about Lucky, I'd be passed out.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 13

Okay, can someone explain to meeeeee, like I'm Sonny, how it is any way appropriate for Jordan to tell Valerie that she, Jordan is "so proud" of her, Valerie? I mean, as Police Commissioner, she is supposed to be objective and not have favorites, and the way that line came across, one would think that Jordan was her Mommy.  Lines like "Good Job" or "Good going" or "Now that you've..." whatever it was that Valerie did to make Jordan soooo proud, and conclude with "...get your ass to work."

*I'm basing all of this on the many cop movies/shows I have watched during my lifetime.

Jeebus Cripes.

• Love 4

P3pp3rb1rd, I understand and respect your position and take on things, I'll just agree to disagree about the dynamic going on between those characters, but again I am sorry for what happened to you, no one should ever go through that from anyone for any reason.

The fuckery with Robin and Patrick is intentional to me at this point, especially at this stage. Almost as if it was decided that they'll deal with them at the very last second possible and they'll screw with them up until then. Today is a perfect example. Patrick still says nothing about Robin. It's all about Jason and Sam and their love and SAM just doesn't love Patrick enough. Poor Patrick the woobie who has all the love for Sam but she doesn't have it for him. Emma had to have a mental breakdown before Patrick decided to go give the ol ex a visit. It's insulting.

It's insanity as well. What would it take, really? Patrick realizing that how Sam feels for Jason is the same way he feels about Robin still? He is still madly, deeply in love with his wife, his partner, the mother of his child, but he's just so hurt that he's tried, as Sam did, to cover up the pain and anger by focusing on a new relationship, finding someone "new" to love but it's just time to stop it, to end the lie and pretense and finally deal with the split.

And Robin yet again is forced to drive another needless dagger into her daughter's heart when she hears her sobbing and begging and pleading for her "Mommy to come home" and all Robin can do is say she can't and she loves her before a quick goodbye and the phone is snatched away, leaving a broken Emma wailing still and hardly able to breathe.

Frankly, imo, it should be considered criminal what's going on. Flat out criminal.

• Love 8

It's insanity as well. What would it take, really? Patrick realizing that how Sam feels for Jason is the same way he feels about Robin still? He is still madly, deeply in love with his wife, his partner, the mother of his child, but he's just so hurt that he's tried, as Sam did, to cover up the pain and anger by focusing on a new relationship, finding someone "new" to love but it's just time to stop it, to end the lie and pretense and finally deal with the split.

And Robin yet again is forced to drive another needless dagger into her daughter's heart when she hears her sobbing and begging and pleading for her "Mommy to come home" and all Robin can do is say she can't and she loves her before a quick goodbye and the phone is snatched away, leaving a broken Emma wailing still and hardly able to breathe.

Frankly, imo, it should be considered criminal what's going on. Flat out criminal.

That should 100% be Patrick's POV. He's hurt, he tried to move on to fill Robin's place, etc. What I actually found telling today was when he described Samtrick. Pancakes? Backrubs? Sleeping on the couch? Those were all Scrubs-related things. I could post a dozen clips of Scrubs doing that shit. Samtrick, on the other hand? Never. Not only was their relationship almost mostly off-screen if it didn't have to do with Jason/Jake, but it's clear Patrick was just doing crap he used to do with Robin! It should not be so hard to write this.

The Robin/Emma call was so heartbreaking. Robin basically saying goodbye to her as best as she could. And dumbass Patrick couldn't grab the phone to say a word...

• Love 5

That should 100% be Patrick's POV. He's hurt, he tried to move on to fill Robin's place, etc. What I actually found telling today was when he described Samtrick. Pancakes? Backrubs? Sleeping on the couch? Those were all Scrubs-related things. I could post a dozen clips of Scrubs doing that shit. Samtrick, on the other hand? Never. Not only was their relationship almost mostly off-screen if it didn't have to do with Jason/Jake, but it's clear Patrick was just doing crap he used to do with Robin! It should not be so hard to write this.

The Robin/Emma call was so heartbreaking. Robin basically saying goodbye to her as best as she could. And dumbass Patrick couldn't grab the phone to say a word...

And *now* they'll go to Paris? After Emma is literally sobbing on the floor in her father's arms so bad she can barely breathe, and all she can say is that she wants/needs Mommy? 

• Love 1

And *now* they'll go to Paris? After Emma is literally sobbing on the floor in her father's arms so bad she can barely breathe, and all she can say is that she wants/needs Mommy? 

Well...yeah. Because JT is mercifully abandoning ship and the hacks can't use Robin and the promise of a future return to fuck with the viewers. Had JT stayed, they'd still ignore everything.

• Love 7

Which is why Patrick should have his own meltdown when he finds out the truth. It's time.

• Love 3

It really is too bad that Patrick wasn't listening in on that phone call between Robin and Emma. Because the words that Robin was saying? It was clear it was a good-bye call, because Robn doesn't think she'll be able to escape this time, and she wanted her daughter to know that despite not being able to come home or be with her, that she loved her. It's not right, it was, ugh, I don't have the words, but if that dumbass Patrick still has a working brain, he would surely suspect something, right? Oh Wait. This isn't the Patrick of 2008 or whenever it was that Jerry had poisoned Nik and Robin lied to him about being in love with Nik.

I have no hopes for how this story will end. I just want my girl to be fucking FREE, and if I can have Robert break into the lab, and shoot up Jerry again, I will be happy.  Anna and Patrick can just hug her, because they are uselss to me.

• Love 4

Am I supposed to feel sorry for Olivia almost bring Valerie to tears? I would if it were pre Thanksgiving. I can make the allowance that Valerie was lonely and Dante has one of the people most open to her, ironically much the same way Lulu latched onto Dillon a decade ago. Not now when she pretty much agreed to be his fuck buddy in the hopes he will permanently end his marriage . I listened to Olivia's rant, and actually think in light of everything going on and how she happened upon to situation, she was trying to be restraint with Valerie. While I can't remember word for word, I think the worse thing she said was calling her a "home wrecker". She acknowledged that Valerie has been going through a tough time and latched on to Dante and asked Valerie to "bow out". I think Olivia was picking up things that Valerie is now refusing to acknowledge in herself. She placed the task of repairing the family on Dante. It reminded me the scene from Gilmore Girls, when Lorelai found out her daughter had just had sex with her married ex boyfriend. Up until that point she was pretty much the definition of the over indulgent, relaxed mother, but she took Rory to task for doing that. It hasn't been a month and Dante has already thrown his hands up for a situation that he had the biggest part in creating. 

There has been no indication that Olivia was ever an abusive mother to Dante. Not like Sonny, who might praise his children, but will often put them in physical danger and will let his temper get the best of him at times and can often make even more authoritative women like Alexis, Carly, Brenda and Olivia feel like shit for the sole purpose of winning. She never verbally belittled or said anything verbally degrading and often would express her pride (and probably relief) that despite having Dante so young, he turned out to be an ideal son and up until the last few months, husband and father. She has boundary issues for sure (and doesn't help that Dante would let her do his laundry until recent adulthood) but when Dante would set them, she would listen to him. I don't even think her parenting even reached the level of dysfunction of the Qs, who you can make the case that they could be emotional and sometimes even physically abusive to children, namely AJ. She is disappointed, and to add insult to injury, she stumbled upon Valerie in Dante and Lulu's apartment holding Lante's son. 

• Love 15

I can't believe Dante and Valerie kept saying that Rocco needed baby aspirin rather than children's Tylenol.  We have known for over 30 years that you do not give aspirin to a child because they can develop Reye's Syndrome. They don't even sell "baby aspirin" anymore, the same dosage (some brands are still chewable) is now called "ADULT Low Dose aspirin".

I thought "baby aspirin" always was acetaminophen? At least when I was growing up it was, I don't think aspirin came in a liquid form. I do remember when Tylenol started getting popular, I referred to it as baby aspirin. The little 81mg tablets of aspirin they sell now for daily therapy are new, I don't think those were ever considered a child-sized dose.