Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I always hated how AJ gave Duke a chance and a job, which really started out promising -- and then the ingrate ended up attaching his lips firmly to Sonny's ass and didn't even blink when AJ was killed at Sonny's hands, even offering to serve as Sonny's alibi.  Just awful.

I really enjoyed it when Duke first returned, but the character has sunk so far into gross Sonny worship at this point, I think it would be a mercy killing to get rid of him.

I mean, to be fair, I'm pretty sure Duke actually does not blink ever. But no, seriously, I think Duke was a little taken aback, but then decided to go with it.

I haven't really held it against him, because when even Julian is forced to compliment Sonny, you know it's Sonny's world and everyone just lives in it, but like I said this past week has been a new low. But even without this Sonny stuff I think Duke has just fit back in awkwardly.

• Love 3

I'm so sick of Ron and his rapey ways. That scene was not sexy or seductive or anything positive.

That's another reason that I wish RC had a co-headwriter, preferably one with a really good grasp of sexual consent issues - he occasionally writes consent like he's the author of a 1970s bodice ripper

• Love 5
That's another reason that I wish RC had a co-headwriter, preferably one with a really good grasp of sexual consent issues - he occasionally writes consent like he's the author of a 1970s bodice ripper

I'm very disappointed that ABCD isn't keeping a closer watch on this stuff.

• Love 4

I'm very disappointed that ABCD isn't keeping a closer watch on this stuff.

I think ABCD WANTS this show to go into the gutter. Much easier to axe the show then. I still think, no matter all the RC ass kissing that's going on, that if ABC ever finds something cheap that'll stick, GH goes buh bye.

• Love 5

I suppose it could have been worse - a Nina/Duke scene bonding over both missing 20 years of their lives.

Actually, if that was written correctly. it could be really. really funny.

• Love 7

I'm so not interested in the two nut jobs of Franco & Nina. I don't think of sweeping love story between them. It's a shame that Howarth had to play him after the Todd debacle. There's nothing redeeming about the character. He's not even likable. They've paired him with every woman and it's not working. The same goes for Michele Stafford. I can't beleive that RC gets paid money for junk like this. Boggles the mind!

• Love 7

I'm glad we finally know where Morgan is living.

Did we not know? I mean, I knew. Lucas talked about him living at Carly's a while back.

Hmm, an episode about Liz' love life. Color me not impressed. And quite bored.

If they think those scenes with GMc and FH were sexual tension, they have a lot to learn. Something about them is just...not right. Also, you have to learn when a character does not need to be recast. This was one of them, Kiki was another.

Sam looked great. I liked the scenes with her and Julian, and her questioning why he was still working with Carlos after he shot his sister.

• Love 4

If they think those scenes with GMc and FH were sexual tension, they have a lot to learn. Something about them is just...not right. Also, you have to learn when a character does not need to be recast.

I have to say I totally agree. The scenes made me very uncomfortable...they just don't seem like they should be on the same show or something.

Yup, something was just not right with the two of them but can't put my finger on it....just kinda squicky. (Is that a word?)

If this isn't enough it also bothers me that Tracy is all buddies with him now like another mother figure when he stole running ELQ from her. Edward would be really disappointed in her just letting go of running the company like that.

See this works for me and I think that at the moment Edward would be pleased, he may want the wars between the Q's to begin again soon but Edward always seems to preach that old Eastern European mantra "My cousins and I against the world, my brothers and I against my cousins" when it came to the Q's. It was fine to fight with each other but when a threat came to the family they pull together, think the Ewings on Dallas. So Tracy at Michael's side right now makes so much more sense then a few months ago when she tried to tank ELQ just to get at AJ

Edited by Fylaki
  • Love 9

If they think those scenes with GMc and FH were sexual tension, they have a lot to learn. Something about them is just...not right.  

I think it was his nakedness combined with his invasion of Anna's personal space. Several times during the scene he was standing too close to her for anything except an intimate conversation, but it had already been established that they were adversaries. I can see how it could have been a conscious decision on someone's part (actor or director) to have him intentionally move that close to her in order to look intimidating, and also for her not to react much to his "nekkid" invasion of her space so she could appear in control. However, I agree -- it just was . . . uncomfortable. 

• Love 6

If this isn't enough it also bothers me that Tracy is all buddies with him now like another mother figure when he stole running ELQ from her.

Again, wasn't ousting Tracy during her (F)Luke mania Ned's idea?

• Love 2

Again, wasn't ousting Tracy during her (F)Luke mania Ned's idea?

yes, but I think my whole problem with it is Tracy coupled with Anna and Jordan all seem to be made into weak wimmins in all this and it rubs me the wrong way. Plus it really should be Monica with Michael not Tracy. Tracy has never struck me as particularly maternal. I mean she was bullying Alice to keep her secret which seemed in character and she was plotting against Michael to get her job back all at Luke's say so but now that she is on to Luke it's meh I don't care about ELQ anymore. To me it smacks of "oh that Tracy is just a girl and without a man telling her what to do she just wants to sit and wring her hands". I just don't like it and it is part of what is making angry at Michael b/c it seems more whitewashing of his position, that Tracy of all people is all about babbiiiessss. ugh!

To me it would have been more Tracy and Q like for her to be gloating with Michael over besting Sonny and being encouraging of Michael being a good parent to Avery and honoring AJ memory with the clinic and subtly offering to run ELQ for him b/c he is so busy and she is now in her right mind about Luke. That would make Edward proud of her, always angling for what is best for herself AND the Qs in general.

Edited by Cattitude

I think the main reason we have Tracy here as opposed to Monica is because JE is on contract and LC is not. Or at least I assume that to be true since LC is never on and JE is on a decent amount. It's stupid for Tracy to be having these scenes with Michael, but I'll cut them some slack because of contracts and stuff. Plus, I don't find it outrageously OOC anyway. But all that being said, give Monica a scene with Michael and Avery already!

• Love 6

I think the main reason we have Tracy here as opposed to Monica is because JE is on contract and LC is not. Or at least I assume that to be true since LC is never on and JE is on a decent amount. It's stupid for Tracy to be having these scenes with Michael, but I'll cut them some slack because of contracts and stuff. Plus, I don't find it outrageously OOC anyway. But all that being said, give Monica a scene with Michael and Avery already!

Yeah, I agree with most of this.  When was the last time Monica was on-screen, Christmas?

I'm more annoyed with the off-screen Q's apparently just handing over their ELQ shares left and right without, I dunno, talking to Michael, Tracy, and/or Ned.  Ron wants to tell this story that hinges on ELQ, but doesn't actually want to bring in any Q's.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 10

I never really see any of the characters acting OOC because the writing isn't super consistent for anyone so I just accept that all the characters could do anything. Also, some of the actors, JE included, are good enough to make possibly OOC actions work.

But still, I don't think Tracy was acting OOC with Michael. I have only been watching on and off since 2003 though so my opinion is a bit skewed.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6

I feel like ever since Edward died, and starting when Alan did, Tracy has softened but I don't think that's OOC rather a result of just grasping onto the family she has left.

I do wish that monica and jake would share a scene. Monica in general needs to be on more. Her day player bf is getting more screen time.

• Love 5

Once all of this Luke business is sorted out, if Tracey doesn't go back to trying to regain control of ELQ, I'll call foul but right now, I think she is worried about Luke and is focused on finding out what happened all those years ago.  I just don't think trying to wrest control away from Michael right now is high on her priority list but I don't think that's due to whitewashing of Michael.  Not that I'm thrilled about it but Tracey has been all about Luke long before Michael took over ELQ - its not a new thing.

• Love 5
I don't think Tracy was acting OOC with Michael.

It was a little...disconcerting seeing Tracy all goo-goo-ga-ga with Avery, but it's totally in character for Tracy to congratulate Michael on besting Sonny. And I agree that it makes sense for Tracy to soften a bit these days because of how many family members she's lost.

I also agree we're seeing this with Tracy and not Monica because of contracts. But we need to see Monica more, especially since she helped Michael get Avery (Monica deserves a victory lap), and she needs to see Jake.

• Love 8

I never really see any of the characters acting OOC because the writing isn't super consistent for anyone so I just accept that all the characters could do anything. Also, some of the actors, JE included, are good enough to make possibly OOC actions work.

But still, I don't think Tracy was acting OOC with Michael. I have only been watching on and off since 2003 though so my opinion is a bit skewed.

I can certainly buy Tracy acting this way but once again, we don't have the beats of when it happened. I do think it helps that she is more preoccupied with Luke right now. I do think it helps that AJ is dead so she's not carrying that animosity over to Michael. And she should have softened when AJ was still around.

I'm not a huge LC/Monica fan so I'm not too torn up there. I think she kinda sounds like Joe Jr now so it's kinda hard for me to take her seriously. But hey, I managed to do it with Bobbie so there's no reason to not bring her in for a scene here or there. But maybe she is just on the world's longest cruise. Or she seriously doesn't feel like doing GH right now, who knows. Obrecht is barely around either now, maybe that's why I'm feeling so generous.

• Love 3

I think what's annoying about Monica being MIA is the circumstances.  When Michael needs on-screen support, when someone needs to rant about Sonny's pardon, when someone needs to tear Carly to shreds, she's MIA.  But you just know that when Jake(son) finally remembers who he is, that cruise LC is on will totally be over.  Ugh.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7

Oh no, I totally agree. 

I guess Duke is around right now too. And they're only allowed only two recurring vets at a time or something.

and poor Mac and Felicia, totally banished to the hinterlands. I don't really care about Mac, but other people do, so can't they make him a doctor or something? If Silas McBain can make the career transition from cop to doctor, Mac totally can to!

• Love 4

No baby on GH gets the common cold. It's always the precursor to something much, much worse.

Ugh. I'm not as sensitive to babies-in-peril stories as some, but I'm really tired of them. And you know a sick Georgie will send Maxie into highest squeak mode, and Spin into highest passive-aggressive-douche mode. Ugh again.

• Love 3

I just don't see the point of them doing a Georgie gets really sick story right now, especially when they still need to change Avery's paternity. That's where it would have worked out. Although I guess everyone's dying to have the paternity of Georgie changed too lol.

I don't hate Spin nearly as much as the rest of you, but I do love to laugh at the hatred because it's just funny. I do really like BA as I think he's a good actor, a nice and funny guy and a Red Sox fan.

• Love 6
I just don't see the point of them doing a Georgie gets really sick story right now.

To bring Felicia Maxie and Frisco Spinelli closer together over their sick little girl while Mac Nathan seethes in the background.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8

I agree, but Spin is intolerable right now for me. He's his worst self.

I actually quite liked the drop-in appearances he (and Ellie) did since his last exit -- Spinelli really seemed to have matured and he acted like an actual adult (plus his and Ellie's disgust for Franco when he and Carly visited was awesome).  Now he's regressed again to the passive-aggressive doof he used to be, and I have no use for him, particularly his insta-re-obsession with Maxie -- the two of them make such a totally toxic couple, I want to poke my eyes out.  Ugh.

• Love 10

I actually quite liked the drop-in appearances he (and Ellie) did since his last exit -- Spinelli really seemed to have matured and he acted like an actual adult (plus his and Ellie's disgust for Franco when he and Carly visited was awesome).  Now he's regressed again to the passive-aggressive doof he used to be, and I have no use for him, particularly his insta-re-obsession with Maxie -- the two of them make such a totally toxic couple, I want to poke my eyes out.  Ugh.

If only stupid Ron would've brought Ellie back as well. 

• Love 4

I really enjoyed Carly and Rik calling each other out on their versions of the truth today.

On the other hand, seeing Sonny dressed like a '60s hood, looking UP at Jake, and threatening him because Jake kissed his woman was not threatening at all. I felt embarrassed for Sonny, the middle schooler, threatening a bigger, badder high schooler.

• Love 6

Sam being all affronted that someone would suggest she has feelings for Jake(son) is ridiculous.  It's really the only thing that makes sense - why else would she do all this to help a man who assaulted her (albeit brainwashed), why else would she sit vigil during his surgery. 

Oh Anna, I love you, but Jordan also won't be able to see her son again if she's dead.  It kinda grosses me out that Nathan had to be the one to check her.

Way too much of Jake(son) and his harem today.

Shut up, Sonny.

• Love 1

Now even Jake is praising and apologizing to Sonny?? And Sonny has adopted the black t-shirt too?? (Or was it eggplant? Ah, who cares.) At least Sonny maintained his consistency by stumbling through partially memorized lines. I'm already over this most recent mob story, and much like Legion of Doom, it's involving so many characters that it's taking over the show. I don't want Julian to die and I'll miss Carlos's special brand of crazy, but I'm fine with everyone else involved dying. Even Jordan.

Carly maintained her consistent hypocrisy. Talking about Liz liking men to "yearn for her" and enjoying pitting two men against each other - it was amazing how she lacks all self awareness. And of course, OF COURSE, Ric is the only man she holds a grudge against, despite the harm every other man in her life recently has done to her and her children. That said, I'm beginning to think Carly is going to get Jake almost killed because she won't be able to keep her damn mouth shut.

Julian has inappropriate sexual chemistry with everyone, Ava, Carlos, Sam...

Sam, you shut your mouth!! You need to be 100% behind Michael on this one. It makes no sense that you would have any doubt about that.

ETA: From the previews, it looks like Sonny threatening Jake is going to piss Carly off more than him threatening Michael did.

Edited by Turtle
  • Love 3

I really enjoyed Carly and Rik calling each other out on their versions of the truth today.

On the other hand, seeing Sonny dressed like a '60s hood, looking UP at Jake, and threatening him because Jake kissed his woman was not threatening at all. I felt embarrassed for Sonny, the middle schooler, threatening a bigger, badder high schooler.

And Jason has a tampon stuck to the side of his head. 

THIS is the crack team that's foiled every rival mob's plan?[/spike]

But Billy Miller does look good.

Wait, Julian is Sonny's worst enemy now? Not, say, fucking Franco? Or Helena? Or Obrecht, who helped kidnap good friend Robin and kidnapped his grandson? Okay then.

I think it's bad of Anna to be so cavalier about Jordan's life, but I don't think it's necessarily out of character or outrageous for her? Someone who was watching her back in the day can correct me. But she's a spy, I'm sure she sometimes had to sacrifice for the greater good, and she's in a bad place right now, what with being really upset about Duke. So I get it from that perspective.

Cracking up at Duke pronouncing it, "the Corintheeus organization". He's already making changes!

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 7

To bring Felicia Maxie and Frisco Spinelli closer together over their sick little girl while Mac Nathan seethes in the background.

Christ. There is NO WAY Ron could do a story that is even 5% as good as the storyline in 1994, you know because the majority of the cast was involved back then and because he sucks. 

• Love 1

Wait, Julian is Sonny's worst enemy now? Not, say, fucking Franco? Or Helena? Or Obrecht, who helped kidnap good friend Robin and kidnapped his grandson? Okay then.

Seriously, weren't Julian and Sonny like best friends five minutes ago?

• Love 1

Seriously, weren't Julian and Sonny like best friends five minutes ago?

yes but Julian stole Sonny's juicebox and now it's war!!! :draws line in the sandbox:

• Love 11

Anna and Nathan and a criminal waste of a couch. Come on show!

I have always really liked the friendship between Patrick and Liz. That is one thing the show has gotten right. I'm so glad those two never even considered anything else. I could do without all the Jake talk though.

• Love 4

They were jailhouse buddies only. 

Yeah, but given that experience, you think that would have least left a grudging respect for each other.  But now he's Sonny's very WORST enemy?  Not the MIA Luke?

• Love 4

Christ. There is NO WAY Ron could do a story that is even 5% as good as the storyline in 1994, you know because the majority of the cast was involved back then and because he sucks.

"AJ? Isn't that drunk dead already?" "No its short for Avery." "Who is Avery?" "Sonny's daughter " "You mean, Kristina? Nah she's good. " " No his new daughter. With Ava." "Who?" "Kiki's mom" "I'm sorry" "The woman who killed Connie Faloneri" "Who is that?"

This is why you make characters interact, Ronald.

• Love 1

Yeah, but given that experience, you think that would have least left a grudging respect for each other.  But now he's Sonny's very WORST enemy?  Not the MIA Luke?

Well, now that he knows it's Luke, I can understand him not not being a contender. (Did he mention anything about looking for Luke, anyway? Eh, who cares about that guy now! Back to Julian!)

Did I hear Sonny say that Sam was "the widow of one of my closest friends"? Has Jason been posthumously demoted from BFF? Duke's taken that slot now?

Yes. And it made me LOL bc who else are Sonny's "closest friends"?

• Love 3