Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I'd be a lot more comfortable with the kids stuff if I didn't get the sense that Ron is tarring the ten-year-old Cameron with the same 'moral hypocrite' brush that he uses for almost every 'good guy' adult. "You're No Better Than Obrecht, Cameron!" He's ten!

I'd be more comfortable with it if Ron's goal wasn't to stick Emma with Spencer. He couldn't have chosen two more annoying characters. I mute them all the time.

• Love 2

Luke wants to be like Sonny??? Oh come the fuck on. 

I'm starting to think - like this story can't get anymore freaking complicated - that Luke has reverted to, or his alter, is his 30 year old self, the one who worked for Smith and hungered after money and power. If it is that, I'm going to laugh and laugh. Yeah Geary. It's the fans who can't move on and are stuck in a time capsule. 

• Love 3

Of course Luke wants to be like Sonny. Sonny has blind followers and devotees, people begging and falling over themselves to be infected with his "love" and graced with his protection. There's no questioning, no talking. The Fellowship of the Sonny just forgives. Till recently he had a lawyer, a doctor, a hotel owner, a young executive, a hit man heir, a PI, and a fashion mogul under the cult umbrella. Then stupid fat AJ, dumb Julian, woman Anna, crazy Faison, and the karma had to catch up with him. Deep down Luke probably wants Lucky to be a Baldwin so he can be done with him too. Hell, I'm sure Luke has an abused daddy story like Sonny that will surely make people forgive him. Screw that. I haven't forgotten he killed Jake and raped Laura. And I haven't forgotten Karen Wexler either. Btw, Micheal should use Karen Wexler as an example during the custody hearing.

• Love 5

I'd be a lot more comfortable with the kids stuff if I didn't get the sense that Ron is tarring the ten-year-old Cameron with the same 'moral hypocrite' brush that he uses for almost every 'good guy' adult. "You're No Better Than Obrecht, Cameron!" He's ten!

Yes, I agree - that is extremely weird to me.  I'm sure this has been mentioned a zillion times in this forum, but Ron really is projecting a lot of his neuroses through the characters on that show, or through how he writes the characters.  It's creepy to me.

• Love 4

I'd be more comfortable with it if Ron's goal wasn't to stick Emma with Spencer. He couldn't have chosen two more annoying characters. I mute them all the time.

It's so stupid. How can I root for two ten year olds to "be together". What, am I gonna watch them go on a picnic together? Watch Spencer buy Emma a dress and take her to the island? "Hewe emma I bowt you this Bawbie dweam house". Put a plastic tiara on her head?

Joss should kill them both. Maybe then Carly would stop obsessing over Sonny's third child that is not hers.

• Love 8

No, I think Ron has mostly moved on to Spencer and Joss being the Cool Kids and Emma and Cam (especially Cam) being the snooty sticks in the mud.

I agree when you project onto characters to the point that the preteens are being ground down by the same warped ethos it's a bit much. Guza inserted his own ethics into the mouths of the cute kids, but he never used his attitude to treat them like (Fat) A.J. I'm used to writers being biased against adult characters, but I don't know why you'd want to dog on the kids simply because you think one is full of razzmatazz and the other is 'boring.'

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 7

Luke could confess to being on the grassy knoll and I wouldn't notice, because I completely zone out when he's on the screen.

Morgan:  You won't lose me!  Sonny: Uhhhhh...okay.

Patrick Drake is the dumbest dumb, who ever dumbed.  One of the dead people your wife worked on is back and causing havoc.  Do you try and find said wife, to find out what is happening?  Nope.  An amnesic man has a severe past brain trauma that you worked on and looking at his brain repeatedly doesn't spark a memory?  I suspect that most surgeons remember their most difficult cases, which Jason's was reported to be.

• Love 9

It's so stupid. How can I root for two ten year olds to "be together".

Seriously.  I was looking forward to the day when Carly's head exploded because her daughter was interested in Liz's son, but I thought Joss would be like, you know, sixteen.

ETA...although at this point, if someone asked Carly how her daughter was, she'd be all, "Oh Avery, she's greeeat!".

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 13

I should add that I'm not sure Ron realizes he does it. I don't think he's sitting in his apartment watching the show glaring at the little wooden boy playing Cam and thinking, "fuck that kid!" He's always out praising all the kids, including the two who play Cam and Emma, often by name. But it's clear they're mostly interested in Spencer and probably Joss. I just don't know why he doesn't, after praising them, step back and think 'huh... maybe I have lost some perspective. Maybe I don't need to hit the note that this ten year old boy is a sanctimonious hypocrite just because he and Spencer like the same girl.'

• Love 4

I'm starting to think - like this story can't get anymore freaking complicated - that Luke has reverted to, or his alter, is his 30 year old self, the one who worked for Smith and hungered after money and power. If it is that, I'm going to laugh and laugh. Yeah Geary. It's the fans who can't move on and are stuck in a time capsule. 

Oh God. That could definitely be something. 

• Love 3

Sonny's love is toxic, it destroys everything. 

Snarly why aren't you parenting your real child  instead of Sonny's spawn?

Because dammit, Joss wanted a green and yellow room not pink. Joss likes skateboards. Carly hated that Jax raised her to, like think.

Fun fact. The baby actors playing Avery are named Ava and Grace Scarola irl. So when they say Ava in a scene, I wonder if she thinks they're saying her name and smiles more.

• Love 4

I should add that I'm not sure Ron realizes he does it. I don't think he's sitting in his apartment watching the show glaring at the little wooden boy playing Cam and thinking, "fuck that kid!" He's always out praising all the kids, including the two who play Cam and Emma, often by name. But it's clear they're mostly interested in Spencer and probably Joss. I just don't know why he doesn't, after praising them, step back and think 'huh... maybe I have lost some perspective. Maybe I don't need to hit the note that this ten year old boy is a sanctimonious hypocrite just because he and Spencer like the same girl.'

I agree.  I doubt he has enough self-awareness to realize what's happening and/or how it looks to "outsiders".  And, you know, maybe writers, like some weird fans, get caught up in CrazySoapLand too. 

I actually really liked today, except for the kiddie krap; even Tony was good.

Even if I could look past the awful dialogue and borderline creepy plots, at the end of the day neither the Spencer nor Cameron actors can act. I've never seen the Cameron actor on anything else, but the Spencer actor sucked on Red Band Society and Grey's Anatomy too, so it's not just this show. And it's a shame because the Emma & Joss actresses really do have some talent.

ETA: maybe I'm misremembering, but when were Sonny, Carly, Michael & Morgan ever a family? I'm pretty sure S&C were never together again for real after Morgan was born and he never lived at Greyskull except during the brief marriage of convenience between S&C. He lived with Carly either on her own or with Ajax and then was shipped off to school as a teen. Jax and that military school raised Morgan, not Sonny.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 1

Oh God. That could definitely be something. 

If he stuck a be-permed toupee on his head that would at least be something.

• Love 4

I think the only one of them who can really act is Joss. Little Brooklyn Rae or whatever her name is is a cute, sweet kid they can use in doses, but when they give her long stretches of dialogue it's just saccharine overload (much like Sabrina). The Cameron kid is not an actor and should not be there. And Nicolas Bechtel has improved a bit - I think they squeezed actual tears out of him on Grey's Anatomy, possibly by Chandra Wilson yelling at him a lot - but he is definitely not able to handle everything they throw at him, and he barely seems directed or contained, which is strange since you know Frank Valentini has to be watching him like a hawk and giving him a lot of help. He's the pet project.

That being said, while I admire the idea of using the kids in story and it's always something I like to see on soaps, I still just find the way they handle these kids, like they have some moral scale and they're equating Cameron with mean old Michael or something, really weird and distasteful. You can tell kid subplots and give them each a little dimension without reducing them to 'cool mischief maker' and 'priggish boring hypocrite,' the way GH now does to most adults. But to Ron there's like no dividing line. This ten year old is nothing but a hater!

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5

It's so stupid. How can I root for two ten year olds to "be together". What, am I gonna watch them go on a picnic together? Watch Spencer buy Emma a dress and take her to the island? "Hewe emma I bowt you this Bawbie dweam house". Put a plastic tiara on her head?

Joss should kill them both. Maybe then Carly would stop obsessing over Sonny's third child that is not hers.

I honestly don't know what Ron thinks the audience should do. But what he's writing isn't even funny anymore, if it ever was. These are children. It's sickening.

• Love 1

Seriously.  I was looking forward to the day when Carly's head exploded because her daughter was interested in Liz's son, but I thought Joss would be like, you know, sixteen.

Before Luke killed him, I was expecting an eventual teen Joss/Jake/Emma triangle in which Carly would become waaay overinvolved. Her daughter competing with Robin's daughter for Jason's son (because Carly, much like the show itself, would completely overlook Lucky and even Liz's relationship to Jason's Golden Spawn)? To her mind, that would be the next best thing to getting with Jason herself - which has always been Carly's dearest wish.

But, nope!

ETA: Re: the kid actors. I've never understood why they got rid of Braden Walkes. That kid was so cute and had personality galore and I could see him interacting with the rest of these kids well. This Cameron...not so much. Maybe Braden's family made the decision, I dunno.

Edited by Melgaypet

Patrick Drake is the dumbest dumb, who ever dumbed. One of the dead people your wife worked on is back and causing havoc. Do you try and find said wife, to find out what is happening? Nope. An amnesic man has a severe past brain trauma that you worked on and looking at his brain repeatedly doesn't spark a memory? I suspect that most surgeons remember their most difficult cases, which Jason's was reported to be.

Patrick has been completely and utterly decimated for this story to work. It's very telling to me that the current plot (Jason, Helena, Robin) is going on and on because his character isn't able to share information or act like a caring human being. And Ron thinks the audience should just accept this for dramatic purposes and for his "It's all KMc's fault!!!!" campaign.

• Love 1
TG toned it down today, thankfully.

I enjoyed watching TG and JE very much today.  These two were displaying a master class in their last scene.  NuJason and Elizabeth and nuLulu away from Dante and Maxie and even Patrick were on point today.  Even Constance and Nicholas seemed to be making an extra effort today.  However, the very choppy dialogue of the kids and the botched delivery of lines by Sonny/Morgan sort of broke up the flow.  So this is what enjoying an episode feels like.  Besides - two stethoscopes and NO guns!  It's about progress and not perfection.

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 2
I've never understood why they got rid of Braden Walkes.

Was he the Cam with the genius "Bitch, please" face? I think they wanted to SORAS Cam by a bit.

Of all the kids, little Brook Lynn is my favorite, though I agree she can be extremely saccharine. It feels more real than Hannah Nordberg's ennui, though. I'm not a fan of precocious kids, even though it works for Joss. The boys are bad. Current Cam is nice but extremely wooden, and Nicolas Bechtel is given way too much, in both quantity and emotion. Ron and Frank are way too enamored of him. It's gross, and a bit creepy they way they dote on him.

• Love 5

I honestly don't know what Ron thinks the audience should do. But what he's writing isn't even funny anymore, if it ever was. These are children. It's sickening.

I don't think it's sickening per se but it is genuinely just stupid. Hearing them stiffly and woodenly saying "But I thought. You loved me." and "But Joss. Why didn't you. tell me you liked me?" and "Did you. want. to be my girlfriend." is so embarrassing and dumb. Do each of those kiddie actors have giant extended families that would add a significant amount of viewers to the audience? Because those are the only people this stuff is attracting.

Sonny: "[Avery is] my second chance."

Me:  More like your fifth.

Now, be fair, it is only his fourth, because Olivia never told Sonny about Dante. IT'S ONLY HIS FOURTH CHANCE CIARRA HOW DARE U.

• Love 9

And because Ron is so enamored of these kids, they're never going to get SOARSed.  They'll just keeping playing this kiddie quad and by the time they hit high school, when the different romantic permutations here might actually be interesting, we'll be sick to death of them, in any and all combinations.

• Love 1

And because Ron is so enamored of these kids, they're never going to get SOARSed.  They'll just keeping playing this kiddie quad and by the time they hit high school, when the different romantic permutations here might actually be interesting, we'll be sick to death of them, in any and all combinations.

I'm already sick to death of them.

• Love 10

What happened to Sonny and Brenda's glass house on the hill from 2011?

Sonny sold it without telling Brenda even though Brenda loved it. He said that it was too hard to protect. It seems to prove what a controlling bastard Sonny is even to those he claims to love.

Edited by Lillybee
  • Love 3

I don't think it's sickening per se but it is genuinely just stupid. Hearing them stiffly and woodenly saying "But I thought. You loved me." and "But Joss. Why didn't you. tell me you liked me?" and "Did you. want. to be my girlfriend." is so embarrassing and dumb. Do each of those kiddie actors have giant extended families that would add a significant amount of viewers to the audience? Because those are the only people this stuff is attracting.

Seeing these kids talk about girlfriends and boyfriends and love is sick to me. Lol. I just think it's inappropriate to have them act this way and then treat it as a joke. Because that's what Ron is doing. He thinks it's funny. I just disagree with what he thinks is comedy.

• Love 4

Chiming in here, but the kiddie quad was a total waste of time, even if this wasn't sweeps. FranknRon's obsession with Spencer is creepy, as is the entire quad. They're kids, and it sickens me that the characters' parents (i.e. Nic, Liz, and Patrick - I don't count Carly 'cause she doesn't care about her child) are okay with this.

Nice that the show decided to crap on its most iconic storyline.

Edited by sometimesfan
  • Love 1

Why is it insane for Michael to sue for custody of his sister who is currently with the man who killed his biological father? Michae is right, just because Sonny was exonerated it doesn't change the fact that he was in jail for murder! Everyone is acting like Michael is pissed over something petty.

Also, I've had enough of Spencer and all these kids. These kids gets more screen time than some of the veterans.

I'm praying that this entire Luke storyline has been a self induced brain injury of my own. Maybe Helena can brainwash me to forget it.

• Love 14

I guess I am in the minority here because I find Joss extremely irritating, so much so I just want to ground her for opening her mouth.  This probably means she is a brilliant actress who is not at all like her character, and I think that's great.

Cameron is like a potted plant, just sitting there.  I don't think they do enough with the character for me to be able to tell whether or not the kid can act.

I like Emma, as she seems (at times) to be the only character who acts her age.  They could do a lot more with her, in terms of how she is (not) getting on without her mother, but I don't care for the Patrick character or for the actor who plays him, so....Really would like it for Robin to come back, Patrick to have some kind of freak accident that kills him, and more scenes with Robin and Emma.

As for the kid who plays Spencer - I just don't know.   I think they should just send the character off to private school and forget him.  He isn't really getting any parental direction, his great-grandmother is evil, and his entitled way with the servants grates on my nerves.  At time I find the character funny, but not often enough to like him. 

Michae is right, just because Sonny was exonerated it doesn't change the fact that he was in jail for murder! Everyone is acting like Michael is pissed over something petty.

Sonny was not exonerated of AJ's murder, he was pardoned. He is still guilty of murder, the governor just inexplicably decided that it was unreasonable to punish him for it. Of course, that means that a wrongful death suit that puts Sonny and Carly (does that work for an accessory after the fact?) in the poor house with no criminal enterprise, coffee house or hotel to run is the perfect way for Michael to legitimately go after the two of them. If he wants to then sue for custody of Avery, go ahead. (Heck, use the fact that they are monetarily unable to care for the child against them.) Did Michael state that he was exonerated? (I should really stop waiting until the end of the week to watch a bunch of episodes at once.) I wonder if that's on the writers or the character?

AJ was exonerated of Connie's murder. Cause, you know, he didn't do it. I bet Michael could have several slander suits he could file against people as well.

I still say that they should have had Michael make a bargain to keep Sonny out of prison in the first place because it was the only way to clear AJ's name. That way they don't have to twist logic to get him back out of prison, where they never meant to keep him. They could have twisted the knife on the Michael/Sonny relationship a bit more. Then it would make more sense for Michael to be trying to get back at Sonny through custody of an innocent child because he wouldn't have the obvious wrongful death suit that they bloody lampshaded in the show by having Alexis suggest it.

• Love 4

I can't believe airtime was wasted on people talking about Spencer's birthday. WTF is this. This brat needs to be sent to boarding school instead of getting a birthday party. I don't even know why Emma, Joss, and Cam even put up with his crap. Someone needs to stuff him in a trashcan and be done with it.

• Love 10
Oh FFS. GH was interrupted for 20 minutes so ABC could show us someone being rescued from the ice in NJ. Why is this 'breaking news'???

Well, in ABC's defense it does sound like one time that "breaking news" would have been, literally, an appropriate term to use. Thin ice .... get it?

Yeah, I'll see myself out.

• Love 12

I don't get the writing for the kids at all.I look back at when Robin lucky ect were kids hell even watching old PC eps Serena was sheltered and she had scotty and lucy as parents lol.I get that the times were difffernt but none of the other soaps are doing kiddie triangles.

• Love 2

I can't believe airtime was wasted on people talking about Spencer's birthday.

NO, no LeftPhalange you can't think of it as Spencer's birthday. You should think of it as the anniversary of SWSNBN's death, and that is a day that deserves a giant cake and a room full of candy, and swag bags.

We should all be celebrating  the glorious day that annoying waste of airtime was removed from our show.

• Love 9

Surprisingly though Luke is a giant ass I liked his scenes with Billy....I mean Jake. I don't quite understand where TG is going with this but at least his antics were toned down about 81881774 times.

I understand the upset but Lulu's screeching was really getting on my nerves.

I was really concerned about Helena twirling around in high heels at her age. yikes!

I really liked the Avery stuff on all sides. I especially liked LW and CD in their scenes. I for one didn't care for the confrontation they had at the hell no wedding but I thought this one was much better. I thought both Michael and Carly had good points and I also liked Sonny's realization that Michael IS his father's (meaning his) child. He seems genuinely concerned about having to battle it out with him b/c he realizes he is a worthy opponent. I liked the twist that Michael is like Sonny and that is why he is scary but the whole reason he is doing it is to renounce Sonny. So ironic that he is being like the one he despises.

I also guess Michael doesn't realize it will take time to win his suit and in that time yes Avery will bond with Sonny and Michael will be a stranger to her.

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 1

OMG! What the hell? I ff'd the kids completely. Don't know what they talked about and don't care.

Good for Michael for standing up to Carly. What was that bullshit? 'So Avery can love Sonny the way you did...' vomit. What was she smoking?

Tracy's hair - not so good.

Oh, those scenes with Helena and Spencer - ick.

Nikolas wasn't bad - I enjoyed him. Lulu - nope.

Edited to add: I *completely* forgot about Sonny/Morgan's scenes! Hmmmm.

Edited by fishsanwitt

Those kiddies are...tiresome. The way they keep forcing them to throw around words like "love" and "boyfriend" or "girlfriend"... disgusting doesn't even begin to cover it.

Disgusting is a start, as in Ron and Frank's obsession with Spencer is disgusting, or their lack of awareness as to how children should really behave is disgusting, or that Ron and Frank are having the kiddos behave in a disgusting manner.  Seriously it is time for TPTB to step in and stop the kiddie quad

• Love 3

I forgot to quote the line of the day:

Lulu: "Why did my father do this?!"

Helena: "Maybe he got sick of you." Burn.

And my word, someone pull back on ER's hair volumizer and coffee. All that blonde hair rocking about was too much for me. Like, stfu Lulu, your own mom was raped by Luke and she's in psychiatric care in another country, your brother's kid is dead because of Luke. He sucks. All this bullshit over Luke Spencer? Meh.

• Love 6

Seeing these kids talk about girlfriends and boyfriends and love is sick to me. Lol. I just think it's inappropriate to have them act this way and then treat it as a joke. Because that's what Ron is doing. He thinks it's funny. I just disagree with what he thinks is comedy.

Playing Devil's advocate here, because I agree with you that it's not funny....but don't you recall the notes in grade school:  "Pick Yes if you like me", "Janie Sue wants to know if you like her", and yeah, asking if the person wants to be your girlfriend/boyfriend?  And I'm old so I am talking 1960s here!!  Lol I once got in trouble for hiding a note a little boy gave me in kindergarten that said, "I luv you do you luv me?" Considering the kind of lyrics and videos these days (and girls pregnant at 12), I am thinking there's a lot worse out in the real world now... *said in her creakiest, oldladyest voice*

• Love 5