Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I don't see Robin being kidnapped or tortured or anything else, has anything to do with Anna paying for anything. That would be an example of Robin paying for something, if she had something to pay for.

I simply am saying that Anna is the chief of police. She MUST be arrested at least, or be suspended from her job/lose her job. Otherwise, the character's integrity is lost. Dante and Nathan will never look at her the same anyway, but if she serves a penalty for it, I can at least buy her being a cop again.

Dr O should have lost her medical license, as should have Britt. Here's the thing though: no matter how much Ron likes Dr O, I don't see him saying that Anna and Dr O are, or should be, equal in terms of how the audience sees them.

We're *supposed* to dislike Dr. O, for obvious reasons. We're NOT supposed to root for her to win.

Anna is a different TYPE of character. She's still basically a heroine, and we are supposed to like her/root for her.

If she doesn't lose her job/get reprimanded in some way-that means she's no different than the people like Dr O who get away with their crimes.

I don't see Robin being kidnapped or tortured or anything else, has anything to do with Anna paying for anything. That would be an example of Robin paying for something, if she had something to pay for.

It's her daughter, that hurts Anna just as much/moreso than if Faison had kidnapped and tortured her herself, imo. 

Here's the thing though: no matter how much Ron likes Dr O, I don't see him saying that Anna and Dr O are, or should be, equal in terms of how the audience sees them.

We're *supposed* to dislike Dr. O, for obvious reasons. We're NOT supposed to root for her to win.

I don't know about that. Truly, I don't know. Otherwise what were the scenes on Thanksgiving where Nathan and Britt take O. by the hand and led her to thanksgiving dinner and tinkly music played about? Seemed like they were telling us we were supposed to be rooting for Obrecht to gain the family she so wants. But maybe it wasn't about that (not being sarcastic, maybe it wasn't). 

• Love 8
But in that case, Britt had asked for Obrecht's help in getting Nikolas back.  And while she mostly rolled her eyes at the presentation (and was then horrified by the pic of her and Patrick sexing in the shower), why wouldn't she have listened?

I was mainly just making a power point joke. My only legit point was that Britt has given her mother the time of day.

Anna gets a solo dance. I don't know how well Finola can sing! ;)

Finola would rather walk over hot coals than sing publicly anymore. Even though, unlike half of these yutzees who eagerly sign up to wail at the nurses ball (KA, I'm side-eyeing you), Finola has sung on stages in London's West End, which is their equivalent to New York City's broadway.

I don't know about that. Truly, I don't know. Otherwise what were the scenes on Thanksgiving where Nathan and Britt take O. by the hand and led her to thanksgiving dinner and tinkly music played about? Seemed like they were telling us we were supposed to be rooting for Obrecht to gain the family she so wants. But maybe it wasn't about that (not being sarcastic, maybe it wasn't).

We were absolutely supposed to root for Dr. O when she belted out "You Were Always on My Mind" to Nathan and Britt at the nurses ball.

See, she's just a homicidal maniac standing in front of her children wanting them to love -- and kowtow-- to her.  What's not to love about that?

Edited by Francie
  • Love 3

Seemed like they were telling us we were supposed to be rooting for Obrecht to gain the family she so wants.

Which was weird because, in the next breath, she was ready to ditch town with Faison and leave both Britt and Nathan in her dust.

I don't think Dr. Obrecht's going anywhere so I think whatever happens this week will be (and should be) the final schism with her and Faison.

Edited by TeeVee329

As always, so much shit, so little time. As he's proven time and time again, Ron's shittiness has never known bounds and it's not about to start now. Ron has proven that he not only prefers the bad guys, he loves to make the good guys look bad, but what he doesn't seem to understand or care about is that it's destroying the show he claims to love. For example, what gives Faison the right to judge anyone, especially his victims, Patrick and Anna? I'm not the biggest Patrick fan, but he's no "sociopath" by a long shot because sociopaths don't care about anyone and are utterly incapable of "normal" human emotion-which, come to think of it, sounds like Faison, not Patrick. Faison may think that he loves Anna but his crimes against her and those she loves prove otherwise. Patrick and Anna have made big mistakes when it comes to Robin, but Faison was/is one of the people most responsible for Robin's constant suffering in the first place, so he gets no points from me for shaming Patrick and/or Anna. If the system had worked properly, then Victor Cassidine wouldn't have been allowed anywhere near the WSB, let alone put in charge of it, therefore Anna wouldn't have done what she did, the way I see it. As far as I'm concerned, Anna should get arrested when Dr. O gets fired. Anna and Patrick may deserve to be called on their shit, but not by someone who's not only much worse than both of them combined, he's got plenty of his own shit that he hasn't dealt with. Patrick has screwed up big time with women over the last few years, whether it's Robin, Sabrina or Sam, but he's a saint compared to Faison. If Faison didn't think that Anna was "special," then why has he obsessed over her for decades and terrorized those she loves including, but not limited to, imprisonment and torture, both physical and mental? Faison's treatment of Dr. O has been psychotic, at best, but she still  wants him anyway, proving that she's not the strong, capable and independent woman she thinks she is. Just because Anna didn't kill Faison in cold blood that doesn't mean that she loves him, just that she wasn't going to let him take anymore from her than he already has Since Faison went there re looks, even on his best day, he's not as hot as Robert.. As for Faison's claim that Robin's life is not his problem, since he's one of the people responsible for endangering it and has stolen years of it, basically endangering his own in the process, I would say that it is his problem. Faison is a criminal because of his choices, not Robin's, Patrick's, Anna's or anyone else's but his own. Instead of lecturing Patrick and Anna about taking responsibility for their actions, he should take responsibility for his own.

I'm among those who think that KT's leaving, to quote Bart Simpson, "both sucks and blows." Britt wasn't my favorite character, but she had lots of potential, which, Ron being Ron, he wasted. Britt made many mistakes, but KT revealed the vulnerability beneath the "Britch." Instead of wasting screen time on Nina and Franco, I would have loved to have seen more scenes with Britt and Nathan and Br2. The loss of those moments is what's most unforgivable. The wacky hijinks that could have ensued with Br2's mischief and Nathan and Lucas as the voices of reason could have been epic, but Wreck-It Ron's head was too far up his own ass to explore the possibilities. Even worse are Britt's money problems. Given Nina's batshit craziness and Madeline's being busted again, chances are that Nathan might wind up controlling Nina's money, which could have made things much easier for Britt, if a decent writer were involved, anyway. The one bright side is that Britt is free of Nik. Nik was right to resent Britt for making Spencer her partner in crime, but if he had been any semblance of a decent father to Spencer, he probably wouldn't have done it in the first place.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 9

Luke's dad's name was actually Tim Spencer.

I would Kill to have Fluke turn out to be Tim Spencer. (maybe he became a dad at 16 like Alexis) and have him been having an affair with Helena for years...in fact Valentine Cassadine is actually their son and that is why Helena fears him, he is not Mikos not even really a Cassadine he is a Spencer, A Tim Spencer and Helena connection explains a lot of things and even finally explains why Mikos picked Port Charles to freeze, he knew about Tim

• Love 3

It's her daughter, that hurts Anna just as much/moreso than if Faison had kidnapped and tortured her herself, imo. 

Then that would mean Dr O "paid" when Nathan was missing. I just don't see it as the same, and don't agree.

Worry and angst over a loved one is not equivalent to paying for any of your own transgressions.

Though there are such things as generational curses, where the offspring pay for the previous generations mess. But that's a different scenario.

I think we can be entertained by Dr O, we can even sympathize with her, and yes, we can even want someone to care for her. We can even enjoy her singing at the Nurse's Ball without caring about or rooting for or liking her character. Even straight up villains generally have someone they care for, that care for them, etc. But I think all those things are separate from wanting Dr O to win if she is plotting to hurt someone. I adore Tracy Q for instance, but back in the day when she was scheming, I never wanted her to succeed at her plotting. Not even when the person deserved it-like Jenny Eckert. 

ETA and I don't see Anna plotting to put Faison in a pit as ruing her character or making her bad.

I see it as making her flawed and human.

A huge part of the reason I never cared much about her character is that she was this ex double agent or what have you, who, when she switched totally to the good side, just became so blandly bland McBlands a lot. There was rarely if ever much conflict about what side she was on, etc.

And it was so dull to watch.

The pit issue makes her less honorable, but it also at the same time makes her far more interesting to me. She makes mistakes, she makes bad decisions, she screws up. She hurts people.

Again-she's HUMAN.

She errs. And it's fascinating to watch a flawed person make  a mistake and climb back up from it.

It's not interesting to see a namby pamby boring goody goody lecture others about being good-which is how I have seen the character for years.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 1

I would Kill to have Fluke turn out to be Tim Spencer. (maybe he became a dad at 16 like Alexis) and have him been having an affair with Helena for years...in fact Valentine Cassadine is actually their son and that is why Helena fears him, he is not Mikos not even really a Cassadine he is a Spencer, A Tim Spencer and Helena connection explains a lot of things and even finally explains why Mikos picked Port Charles to freeze, he knew about Tim

Add Helena is his mother. That should be enough to have Luke jump off that bridge. Win ,win for all.

• Love 2

Then that would mean Dr O "paid" when Nathan was missing. I just don't see it as the same, and don't agree.

I get not counting what happened to Robin as Anna paying for her crimes, but the two situations with Nathan and Robin are different. They might be the same if Anna had had anything to do with Nathan going missing. She didn't. Obrecht was directly responsible for harm coming to Robin. In fact, she was going to kill her if Robert hadn't stopped him. And we know that Obrecht has had a grudge all these years against Anna. 

The pit issue makes her less honorable, but it also at the same time makes her far more interesting to me. She makes mistakes, she makes bad decisions, she screws up. She hurts people.

Again-she's HUMAN.

She errs. And it's fascinating to watch a flawed person make  a mistake and climb back up from it.

It's not interesting to see a namby pamby boring goody goody lecture others about being good-which is how I have seen the character for years.

I get that. But Faison is such an evil monster that I can't see the pit thing as a shade of grey at all, really. Now, the way Anna treats Julian - I think of that as more of a legitimate flaw of hypocrisy. She has a double standard when it comes to him. Julian definitely sucks but he's not a monster. 

If it's Tim, he's very spry for someone at least pushing 90!

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

I think if Anna IS going to have a breakdown sort of SL, she HAS to be arrested for what she did at some point.

Dr O is walking around free, but even she has had the shackles slapped on.

It would just make Anna look like the biggest joke, if she got away with it all scot free.

I wouldn't be surprised if at some point Anna and Dr. O end up as cellmates. Its clear Ron loves playing those characters off each other, and that Finola and Kathleen enjoy working together.

I think Agent Sloane isn't done with her (but ugh, can't we be done with him?),, but I don't see Anna not being police commissioner because I'm sure Ron is going to play the "OMG ex-lovers on opposites sides of the law!" bit with Anna and Duke to death.

• Love 3
(edited)

I think Agent Sloane isn't done with her (but ugh, can't we be done with him?),, but I don't see Anna not being police commissioner because I'm sure Ron is going to play the "OMG ex-lovers on opposites sides of the law!" bit with Anna and Duke to death.

We should be done with his sleazy ass, considering he was gunning after Anna for "murdering" Faison, which, lo and behold, is just not the case. Buh-Bye you bastard.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule

If it's Tim, he's very spry for someone at least pushing 90!

Luke is 67 (or at leas Geary is...Luke is likely 60) so if Tim was 16 or 17 a la Alexis and Julian then he would be 84 not much older than Helena and if he was frozen for a number of those years it could work and it would be a damn sight more acceptable then Bill since Tim being a prick would be in character

As an aside are there any other characters other than Tim Spencer and Deke Woods who we know so much about with out them ever having been on the show?

Eh, Sloane totally has stuff he can charge her with, and rightly so. She isn't being railroaded. She committed the crimes. And again, I'll get to do the "shut your  pie hole" any time she discusses arresting someone, etc, if absolutely nothing comes of this.

And I think something will happen-most likely temporary suspension.

Luke is 67 (or at leas Geary is...Luke is likely 60) so if Tim was 16 or 17 a la Alexis and Julian then he would be 84 not much older than Helena and if he was frozen for a number of those years it could work and it would be a damn sight more acceptable then Bill since Tim being a prick would be in character

As an aside are there any other characters other than Tim Spencer and Deke Woods who we know so much about with out them ever having been on the show?

Helena is younger than 84???

• Love 1

Eh, Sloane totally has stuff he can charge her with, and rightly so. She isn't being railroaded. She committed the crimes.

But what crime? Faison is alive. Maybe she could be charged with kidnapping or something, but if that's the case then so could Robert since he helped her.

Helena is younger than 84???

If you compute Helena's age by figuring from Elizabeth Taylor's actual birthdate and her age when Helena first appeared, Helena would be 82. 

But what crime? Faison is alive. Maybe she could be charged with kidnapping or something, but if that's the case then so could Robert since he helped her.

I think Sloane wants Robert too, but he's on another show...I mean, "can't be located" so the focus is on Anna.

• Love 2

All hail the Queen...Helena cutting through Spencer's crap and basically being disgusted with his behavior was delightful.

Shut up, Ron's repeated references to "The Golden Girls".

Oh Britt, girl...bye.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

The only way I could enjoy a story where Anna gets brain washed by Faison (AGAIN, for fucks sake!) is if TR were magically available and Robert came back and helped her out. And if even in a mind controlled state Faison couldn't talk Anna into into bed. And to Faison's frustration she still is somehow drawn to Robert even when not in her right mind.

And then Faison DIES. For real.

And we found out Robert actually found Robin offscreen a while ago and put her with Sean and Tiffany for recuperating and safekeeping until Helena is killed again.

Also, I'd like a pony.

• Love 8

We need to keep Helena around for a while to shape Spencer up and to shame Nik for his bad parenting skills. Loved how she wasn't even fazed by the "snakes in the hair" comment, but instead turned it back on Spencer. 

• Love 4

They brought Faison out in public like that? Most ridiculous treatment of a supposed major global criminal. PCPD would't have even been in charge of him and everyone including the hostage was saying not to give into the terrorist, but Anna still does. 

Then the cops shoot at the armored truck instead of shooting at the tires? 

Real mobsters in jail would have had Johnny have Sonny killed ASAP. 

Britt! :( Sorry to see her go.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 3

Lulu and Maxie both looked really nice. I'm digging Maxie slightly longer hair. And jeans and sweaters! In winter! How novel. And while I found it really cute how Lulu said Dante started working out more since Nathan became his partner, and it really would be an elephant in the room if people didn't point out the man is really hot, it feels kinda awkward at a certain point. 

[insert joke about Nathan's wiring] Although oh lord we're gonna have to sit through O. sitting at his bedside. Cue "My way" part 2.

Carly looked really good too.

I actually felt bad for Spencer for a second when he said "don't you care about me at all?" The scenes between him and Helena were so awkward though.

Johnny was way more sympathetic than I expected him to be. (Ya know, besides having Sonny beaten and all.) I guess Sonny reminds him of home.

When Liz asked Nikolas if he wanted anything else you just KNOW he was thinking, "um, yes, it's been 5 minutes since I told you Britt moved out and you still haven't started taking off my clothes!"

Nathan's "tell Maxie . . . " made me cringe. Oh god why are they giving him this to do.

Patrick is rivaling Scott for the Dr. Beaker look-a-like contest.

I can't rant on the last scene because my second hand embarrassment factor was too strong and I had to look away.

Remember, she had that daughter (Woman in White/Irina/Cassandra) who was probably about 25, LOL.

I never bought that. :p either that or Helena saved her egg for a long time. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

I don't even have the energy anymore to point out every fucking ridiculous, hypocritical, OOC comment that comes out of Patrick's mouth. Or Carly's, with that propping duty of hers.

All I ask is that KMc come back for ONE SCENE so Robin can tell Patty that he's a piece of shit and wasted years of her life devoted to a man who was never worth it. Is that too much, Ronnie!? Damn.

• Love 7

I loved Lulu telling Maxie that Dante's doughnut consumption has gone down [hand motion] and his gym time has gone up [hand motion]. Hee.

I can't wait until Carly finds out that Robin did bring Jason back to life. I hope Carly chokes on it. Robin has saved Jason more than once, yet Carly can't not snark. At least Robin is always written as not caring what Carly thinks.

Helena, if you're pinning your hopes for a Cassadine renaissance on Spencer, you need to look elsewhere. He'd never follow a plan properly. I wish she'd done a Faison and pushed Spencer off the docks. 

When Liz asked Nikolas if he wanted anything else you just KNOW he was thinking, "um, yes, it's been 5 minutes since I told you Britt moved out and you still haven't started taking off my clothes!"

I know. You could practically see it on his face.

Of course Liesl considers being on the lam with Faison and Britt "family time." 

I don't understand how Jakeson's brainwashing works. I'm fairly certain Ron doesn't, either.

• Love 4

Lulu running up to the crime scene was so dumb. Like what was the point of her barging her way in there. 

So now Patrick of all people is propping Sonny/Carly. Ok.

Johnny getting his goons to beat up Sonny was the highlight of the episode.

Edited by backhometome
  • Love 2

I loved Lulu telling Maxie that Dante's doughnut consumption has gone down [hand motion] and his gym time has gone up [hand motion]. Hee.

I can't wait until Carly finds out that Robin did bring Jason back to life. I hope Carly chokes on it. Robin has saved Jason more than once, yet Carly can't not snark. At least Robin is always written as not caring what Carly thinks.

Helena, if you're pinning your hopes for a Cassadine renaissance on Spencer, you need to look elsewhere. He'd never follow a plan properly. I wish she'd done a Faison and pushed Spencer off the docks. 

You forget she has the Lulu/Stavros embryo in reserve. :heave: I wish I could forget it.

This is why I can't get mad about Patrick. I like the guy and would usually be pissed at such shitty writing for him. But he's such an afterthought, I can't bring myself to care.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

Why didn't Helena slit that little bitch's throat and then let Dr. O kick the body into the harbor.

RP was awful today.

I couldn't understand a word BM was saying, both when he had the mask on and then off.

Loved seeing Johnny and loved the fakeout of him pretending to a Sonny asskisser. I was hoping he would shank Sonny, but i'll settle for his goons beating Sonny up.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 1

She was often pathetic, but damn if I'm not going to miss Britt.  Who am I kidding?  I was crying during her scene with Spencer.  Why you stupid, idiot show?  Why?!?  I lose my beloved Britt and that damn Nina and Franco are still running around?

• Love 8

They brought Faison out in public like that? Most ridiculous treatment of a supposed major global criminal. PCPD would't have even been in charge of him and everyone including the hostage was saying not to give into the terrorist, but Anna still does. 

I was thinking he could have at least changed out of the bright orange jumpsuit before getting to the docks. As for Anna telling them to give up the keys, it could have just been her protecting Sam (or Faison laid the mind control on her earlier).

I actually felt bad for Spencer for a second when he said "don't you care about me at all?" The scenes between him and Helena were so awkward though.

I usually find Spencer to be an annoying twit, but I did love when he looked at Helena and said, "Who's this broad?" And Helena put him in line for his flip little mouth.

ITA, that KT's loss is in her friendship with Brad and being Nathan's sister. Great believable chemistry there that was wasted.

Snarly doesn't have friends so they use whoever is handy to be her confidant and prop Carson.

We were jeeped. We have had to see MB/Sonny beat up on people bigger and younger for years yet they cut away we he finally has his beat down. I did love Johnny's glee and comment about Deke.

That shootout was a clusterfuck of bad directing from the beginning. All the oficer were clustered together looking in the same direction, then no one attempted to go around the back side of the truck, send a sniper to the e roof or simply have the truck drive off. The stupid, it burns.

ETA: Thanks, Tiger, I thought it was me when I couldn't understand the majority of BM's dialogue today. I even turned up the volume.

It occurred to me that Britt a doctor actually left this show alive and bring sent off to jail.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 2

ITA, that KT's loss is in her friendship with Brad and being Nathan's sister. Great believable chemistry there that was wasted.

Snarly doesn't have friends so they use whoever is handy to be her confidant and prop Carson.

We were jeeped. We have had to see MB/Sonny beat up on people bigger and younger for years yet they cut away we he finally has his beat down. I did love Johnny's glee and comment about Deke.

I found that comment kinda hilarious and I felt bad, but whatever, Johnny and Sonny are both pricks and Sonny certainly made nasty remarks about anthony pimping out Claudia back in the day. I think he also implied incestuous feelings between Claudia and Johnny too.

• Love 1

Well there goes my reason for watching.  I don't think the writers get how badly some of us want to see Sonny get the shit knocked out of him.  Hell even Chad Duell made a comment about wanting to punch Sonny when the truth came out.

• Love 7

In a perfect world, every day a new beating would be devoted to victims of Sonny's. Johnny's not unreasonable. I'm sure he'd take request and dedicate a month to AJ's murder. For Micheal. For fun.

Billy Miller wasn't bad as scary Jason Morgan. He actually works out, so I was afraid he did hulk slam Sam through the wall. Helena's brainwashing is weird. As much as she hates Liz, no taunting her. Nothing? And FFS, show, just stop with the old pics. My God. Those images of Steve Burton are burned into our souls. You're just scaring us with the prospect that this will end with Steve Burton as AJ revived because just because you hate us.

• Love 1

Did Britt leave the same day her brother was shot? I don't get RC's timeline.

I do.  He had to redeem Dr O, so making her give up the love of her life, for her son, where it was the opposite before.  Britt left because Mutter told her she'd go to prison if she stayed, so she had no choice.  Wouldn't you just love to be a fly on the wall of whatever boat Britt and Faison are sitting on right now!!  

• Love 2

I do.  He had to redeem Dr O, so making her give up the love of her life, for her son, where it was the opposite before.  Britt left because Mutter told her she'd go to prison if she stayed, so she had no choice.  Wouldn't you just love to be a fly on the wall of whatever boat Britt and Faison are sitting on right now!!  

Faison: who are you again?

Britt: I'm - 

Faison: nevermind, my wifi is working again. 

• Love 14

Not gonna lie. Add scenes of Johnny and his goons and I would watch that spin off.

Not gonna lie, add scenes of johnny and I don't even notice how bad the rest of the show might have been!!

Although someone needs to explain to me, like I'm Sonny, how the heck Helena's conditioning works.  "You will do all these evil things while being fully aware that you're doing them and can alert just about anyone in town about it, but won't, then when the job is complete, I'll tell you that you'll forget everything that it was that you did".  The hell is that?!!   At least if she had threatened Liz or her boys, with compliance in advance it would make sense, but otherwise say what with the who now.  

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 4