Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I'm willing to hang you in a tree,  Dandesun. Unless the reveal is equivalent to the identity of Keyser Soze, I'd rather have a solid story than one with masks and awkward twists. 

You mean stick me in a tree, right? Hanging me in a tree suggests you may desire to lynch me.

As for Keyser Soze... yeah, but you know, someone will guess that in the Interwebs because that story is out there and it's famous for being one of the ultimate GOTCHA! endings ever. And then Ron will see someone tweeting 'They're so doing a Keyser Soze set up with Josslyn!' and he'll pitch a fit and then try to feverishly rewrite the ending so NO ONE guesses it... it'll fuck the whole thing up and not make sense and it will be awful.

See: What he did with Eli on OLTL.

And, God, enough with the brain-washing! Comics don't use brain-washing as much as GH does. (Granted, Marvel in particular is a little too in love with Wanda Maximoff's majorly amped up 'reality warping' magic powers to alter things these days but everyone has their crutches.) For that matter, if Ron's going to go the route of 80s super-villains on this show... the Cassadines, Faison... then he needs to step up the heroes on this show BIG TIME. Villains need heroes and vice versa but if you just have Helena and Faison and Jerry and Victor and Ava and Fluke just running rampant and having their way at every step then the ending isn't going to come off very well because he's missing the heroes, you know, figuring shit out and teaming up and working together to defeat them.

It feels like any victory the heroes get on this show is purely accidental. Not cool.

• Love 5

Having the Fluke crap and the Jakeson crap all in one episode this highlights how ridiculous this show is.

I feel like every day I'm watching an episode that doesn't connect with the ones before it.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 4

See: What he did with Eli on OLTL.

Off-topic: Ron's insistence at the time that his MASTER PLAN all along was for Eli to be responsible for every single evil deed in Llanview when it was extremely obvious on-screen that that was not the case pissed me off so much. 

I took great satisfaction in his later admission that that wasn't the case, that after he was forced to axe Kish and Schuyler, he needed story and he came up with one out of whole cloth that he didn't know the resolution to and that's why Eli went under the bus.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

Until we're told otherwise, I'm telling myself that Luke is being held in Patrick's basement, and Patrick is just too dense to catch on.

I believe it. I mean, that was for sure his basement. I'll never forget where that water heater is located thanks to Lisa.

• Love 3

So Helena can compel people. Like a vampire. Makes sense.

I like Constance Towers, think she is very talented but I think Camp when I see Helena, and I don't want camp on my show.

The idea that Helena is this fearful being is ridiculous. She looks like breeze could blow her into the harbor. I wanted Jason to. 

• Love 3

Wow, good episode today.

Someone tell me why the hell Helena blabbed everything to Jakeson, and then told him if he didn't suceed with his "job" to forget everything she said. What the hell was the point? Not that I'm complaining, since it's moving the story up, but something doesnt compute.

So, I wasn't watching while Carrrlos was on. I found him rather handsome and fetching, and now resent Sabrina even more than I did before.

Also, as a native spanish speaker, if there is something that makes me cringe is supposedly spanish speaking characters pretending to speak spanish and doing it incredibly badly. FFS, stick to english if you cant get a native accent, its embarassing.

Good acting from KeMo, it's the most I've seen her act in, like, always. Am I wrong in remembering her not getting this worked up even when Jason died?

Orbrecht looked pretty.

Best part of the episode though was the Anna-Faison scenes. I am a sucker for twisted, complicated relationships. I love the fact that Anna seems to ever so slightly loose it whenever he is around. Was she actually crying because Faison told her he didn't love her anymore? That was fucked up and I loved every second of it.

Here's Johnny!!!!So psyched to see that beautifull , sexy face again. Please stay with us, Johnny. And please gloat as much as is humanly possible over Sonny, it would give me new life.

• Love 6

I just want to know what her master plan is. And by that, I mean what the hell could it be that would get me to care? Revenge against the Spencers? Lucky is no where to be found, Genie Francis isn't around cause they offered her peanuts, Lulu is insignificant and Luke has already been at her mercy for a year apparently, so it's not like she hasn't already avenged himself there. What is her plan here? Give the StavLu child aging potion and have him take over Sonny's organization in an epic battle between him and Duke while Jason looks confused? It's all just gonna lead to dumbness.

On another topic, I don't think I've ever rolled my eyes so hard at this show like I did when listening to Tony Geary's stupid accent today. 

• Love 3

Helena scheming to use Jason Morgan as the ultimate human weapon for her own purposes is something I figured on years ago, and it's a fine enough idea if executed with some restraint and atmosphere. I just wish I didn't have to suffer through what is almost certainly going to be a rehash of Helena, Lucky and the giant plastic dildo she called the "Ice Princess" and used to entrance rugged heterosexual Jacob Young for months on end back in 2001. That shit was goofy enough.

I think Helena brainwashing Jason is the stupidest thing going on GH right now, and that's saying something.  Jason would never have been brainwashed by Helena, and the fact that he's her pawn now is too stupid for words.

Kemo was excellent today, but I'm in the minority regarding Patrick.  He's not the bad guy.  He's been lied to just as much as Robin, and if Anna can be snowed by Robin's lies, then why can't Patrick.

I think Tony Geary has been great, but I am getting very tired of the multiple Flukes.  This storyline needs to end.  GH is just too wacky under RC, and he's writing things too crazy.  So now Olbrecht is willing to leave Nathan and just leave with Britt for a new life?  Isn't this the same woman who was tripping over herself to win her son back?  Faison is going to get out of prison according to Fluke.  So how many times will that be?  Helena is the all powerful Oz in PC who can come back from the dead, waltz around PC, brainwash Jason, have masks made, break crazies in and out of insane asylums, and . . . (sigh).

• Love 5

I think Helena brainwashing Jason is the stupidest thing going on GH right now, and that's saying something.  Jason would never have been brainwashed by Helena, and the fact that he's her pawn now is too stupid for words.

I think this story is dumb, but Jason doesn't have special powers that would let him resist brainwashing.

• Love 9
Someone tell me why the hell Helena blabbed everything to Jakeson, and then told him if he didn't suceed with his "job" to forget everything she said. What the hell was the point?

I think that was exposition for the viewers. Jakeson is too confused about his identity for the information to mean anything at the moment. But now we sort of know that Helena has plans for Jakeson and if he doesn't succeed, he'll forget everything. As PJamma put it, Helena can compel. Hee.

Helena always found Sonny and Jason to be common thugs  (with good reason), so using Jakeson seems a bit OOC to me. I'd like to know the master plan, too. So many people she railed against in the past aren't even on the show anymore. She's never been that interested in ELQ, either, so a sudden desire to demolish it doesn't work for me. So what's she going for here?

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4

I think this story is dumb, but Jason doesn't have special powers that would let him resist brainwashing.

Why doesn't GH save some money? Show the old JY! Lucky brainwashing episodes and CGI Billy Miller over JY. Same shit, different year, different regime.

• Love 3

I guess it is a good thing that they recast Jason because brainwashing doesn't work on Borgs.

• Love 3
I think Helena brainwashing Jason is the stupidest thing going on GH right now, and that's saying something.  Jason would never have been brainwashed by Helena, and the fact that he's her pawn now is too stupid for words.

Ron has the market cornered when it comes to idiotic storylines imho, but this one is really taking the cake. 

It's not just preposterous given who Jason is and also Helena as well but it's pointless, that much is evident already.

What the hell is this really going to do? Jason can't repent or find a new line of work without first doing the biding of the evil, invincible Lady Cassadine?

And why the hell does Helena need him for anyway? Jason isn't some Bionic Super Soldier with such expertise that we'll soon see him rappelling from rooftops and snapping necks while dodging bullets.

Jason is supposedly told that if he doesn't complete his "task" that he'll lose his memory again, okay...so why doesn't he just write all that he's been told down on a piece of paper and high tail his ass to Liz and give it to her, or just leave it in the mailbox for later. Or he could go to Sam as he planned and tell her the truth before his memory is wiped again.   

I mean...the brain cells that have to die for this to even make a teeny, tiny bit of sense...

Are these the same people coming up with this nonsense that also had Alice somehow in the know about Jordan's true identity all of a sudden?

• Love 4

I think that was exposition for the viewers. Jakeson is too confused about his identity for the information to mean anything at the moment. But now we sort of know that Helena has plans for Jakeson and if he doesn't succeed, he'll forget everything. As PJamma put it, Helena can compel. Hee.

Helena always found Sonny and Jason to be common thugs  (with good reason), so using Jakeson seems a bit OOC to me. I'd like to know the master plan, too. So many people she railed against in the past aren't even on the show anymore. She's never been that interested in ELQ, either, so a sudden desire to demolish it doesn't work for me. So what's she going for here?

I think she thought Sonny was a common thug. Jason, of course, is a wonder hitman above all other hitmans, so I can buy her interest in using his skills.

Why doesn't GH save some money? Show the old JY! Lucky brainwashing episodes and CGI Billy Miller over JY. Same shit, different year, different regime.

Bring back Old Yeller? Let's not get out of control! :)

• Love 2

I think she thought Sonny was a common thug. Jason, of course, is a wonder hitman above all other hitmans, so I can buy her interest in using his skills.

Bring back Old Yeller? Let's not get out of control! :)

No! Hell no! Please re-read, dear poster! I said to CGI Billy Miller over JY. I mean, it's the same crap a decade later. Use technology and save the dough.

• Love 1

Same thing! :p I'd have to watch/listen to him again, which pretty much amounts to the same thing as bringing him back. Although I'd pay good money if in the background of CGI re-pasted Old Yeller, they CGI'd 2010 Lucky and showed him staring at JY Lucky with one lone tear falling down his face.

• Love 4

Kemo was excellent today, but I'm in the minority regarding Patrick.  He's not the bad guy.  He's been lied to just as much as Robin, and if Anna can be snowed by Robin's lies, then why can't Patrick.

I think Tony Geary has been great, but I am getting very tired of the multiple Flukes.  This storyline needs to end.  GH is just too wacky under RC, and he's writing things too crazy.  So now Olbrecht is willing to leave Nathan and just leave with Britt for a new life?  Isn't this the same woman who was tripping over herself to win her son back?  Faison is going to get out of prison according to Fluke.  So how many times will that be?  Helena is the all powerful Oz in PC who can come back from the dead, waltz around PC, brainwash Jason, have masks made, break crazies in and out of insane asylums, and . . . (sigh).

I think Nina and Franco are the worst storylines right now followed by whoeverthefuck Geary is playing then Helena brainwashing Jason storyline.

You are not in the minority regarding Patrick with me. I do hope he follows up with Anna regarding Robin but I am sure they'll let that go for Robin's reentry. I hate this for both Anna and Patrick. I don't hate them for it.

I hope Sam forgives him sooner rather than later. She's been forgiven for worse and have done likewise. 

• Love 3

Same thing! :p I'd have to watch/listen to him again, which pretty much amounts to the same thing as bringing him back. Although I'd pay good money if in the background of CGI re-pasted Old Yeller, they CGI'd 2010 Lucky and showed him staring at JY Lucky with one lone tear falling down his face.

I think our wires are crossed here. When I say CGI with BM, I include using his voice! No JY! Voila! But since everything else is the same...why not?

I think Nina and Franco are the worst storylines right now followed by whoeverthefuck Geary is playing then Helena brainwashing Jason storyline.

I don't think there ARE actual stories rather than vignettes which then get loosely tied together in the hopes that a viable plot ensues. Which usually doesn't. But a story straight through...I haven't seen it since maybe the early 2000s.

• Love 5

At this point, I'm convinced that Patrick is deliberately being written as dense and obtuse when it comes to Robin.

If Helena can compel Jasus into doing her bidding, and Faison can brainwash Anna into loving him, then why couldn't Dr. O have erased Patrick's love for Robin or something? I don't need to know the how or when, just tell us Dr. O did so and move on.

• Love 2
At this point, I'm convinced that Patrick is deliberately being written as dense and obtuse when it comes to Robin.

I think it is deliberate because if he was written in character as he had been, even when a dog, he would care enough to look for her or get answers. And since KMc isn't around...Patrick really can't DO anything except yell at Faison or Dr. O or whomever and...yawn.

It's why there needs to be resolution of some sort as the hanging is hurting everyone involved.

• Love 1

No, he can't be anyone else. He is Jakeson, the new and improved Jason one who sparkles and likes Liz the besest.

Jason can't repent or find a new line of work without first doing the biding of the evil, invincible Lady Cassadine?

He is going to repent? Is this wishful thinking or we know this from the show?

I think it is deliberate because if he was written in character as he had been, even when a dog, he would care enough to look for her or get answers. And since KMc isn't around...Patrick really can't DO anything except yell at Faison or Dr. O or whomever and...yawn.

Is why I give he AND Anna the leeway.

I think it is deliberate because if he was written in character as he had been, even when a dog, he would care enough to look for her or get answers. And since KMc isn't around...Patrick really can't DO anything except yell at Faison or Dr. O or whomever and...yawn..

But he's not even doing that. He finally comes facing to face with Faison, and he acts like Robin is just some random woman he used to know.

• Love 6

But he's not even doing that. He finally comes facing to face with Faison, and he acts like Robin is just some random woman he used to know.

I find I don't even care since this has just stretched all sorts of credibility. But to play Devil's Advocate: They are getting divorced, Patrick's angry about the whole Jason shit, so maybe mentally, he's too pissed to be objective even if he should for Emma's sake.

But, again, I'm over it. Just write a RESOLUTION: Divorce, Patrick goes off to find Robin, leaves WITH Robin. Don't care. Just DO SOMETHING is my new motto here.

• Love 1

So brainwashing like Lucky had. How predictable.

Also, after Faison's line today about wondering if Helena ever perfected the brainwashing, I just want to smack Ron for this stupidity. Lucky was a teenager with an impressionable/still-developing but normal brain. 'Jake' is approximately 30 years older than Lucky was at the time he was kidnapped, and he had brain damage and issues with anger before Faison kicked his body into the harbor. Then he got water in his lungs and was drowning.  All that could also affect brain function. His reactions should be very unpredictable. Helena acting like 'Jake' is now a perfected robot killer who will do the jobs she gives him to do, no problem, is just BEYOND. 

• Love 3

The writers allowed Anna to question and worry about Robin. They had Faison and Hells freaking compliment her. They can write this stuff for Patty and choose not to.

The guy literally said his wife didn't choose to leave him today and was threatened to save Jason, but is crying because Sam said they could have been more than friends.

This atrocious writing is not KMc's fault. It's the writers.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 6
He is going to repent? Is this wishful thinking or we know this from the show?

It's no wishful thinking on my part, heh, having him shot again and kicked back into the harbour would be my grandest wish, but I am just assuming for right now.

That he could be "turning over a new leaf" and all that since he's lost his memory yet again. Though lord knows if Ron's idea of "repentance" is anything that is from a textbook.

Edited by CPP83

The writers allowed Anna to question and worry about Robin. They had Faison and Hells freaking compliment her. They can write this stuff for Patty and choose not to.

The guy literally said his wife didn't choose to leave him today and was threatened to save Jason, but is crying because Sam said they could have been more than friends.

This atrocious writing is not KMc's fault. It's the writers.

I never said the writing was KMc's fault, but the whole thing is flawed because it centers on a character not at all on the show now.

It's no way to tell a story. I admire KMc and love she wanted to expand her horizons. Hell, I don't blame her for WANTING to come for visits; she grew up on the set. But - and not to blame her - the show peeps need to tell her that for the sake of the show, they need to just wrap things up and, in the future, if she would like to commit and return, the door is open! Or when the show dies, whichever comes first.

But the sloppy storytelling for an absent character is just not good business sense.

• Love 8

It's my understanding, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, that Kim got as a job as a director on a new Disney Channel sitcom. So she's probably going to be pretty busy for the next 3-4 years.

Gotcha CPP83

I haven't read anything that gave me that indication. What I get is that Ron wants to have it both ways with him. Jason will continue to be a lowlife hitman, but not so fast! he is brainwahsed so .... not his fault. 

This could be worse than Guza's holy hitman hard on.

But the sloppy storytelling for an absent character is just not good business sense.

Oh, yes, this story should be wrapped up and Robin should not be the center of any story.

But, unfortunately, what's happening on-screen is still...happening in the fictional world of PC. Robin is being held hostage to protect her family and I personally can't just give Patrick, or anyone, a free pass to not give a shit. Because, hey, if this is how it is now, I expect them to "keep Patty in character" when she comes back. Tell Robin to her face that he has the feels for Sam, even though he knows that she was threatened to leave him, that Victor caused the crash, and that Faison was sitting right in front of him and he didn't care to ask what he knew about her disappearance.

• Love 1

Gotcha CPP83

I haven't read anything that gave me that indication. What I get is that Ron wants to have it both ways with him. Jason will continue to be a lowlife hitman, but not so fast! he is brainwahsed so .... not his fault.

This could be worse than Guza's holy hitman hard on.

Oh I have no doubt it'll be worse but I do think that Ron will try and play the card of a sorry and changed Jason. If only so that he can claim that he's made the character "better" somehow or whatever.

I don't think that's going to work for a number of reasons but I do feel that Ron will try and excuse Jason and have him "repent" in that way where it's all just a bunch of bullshit and Jason is going to go right back to being the same lowlife he's always been but with even more freedom and more people to blame for his crimes. 

• Love 1

Jason was an idiot for decades with a long history of traumatic brain injuries, so I don't find it hard to believe at all. Why Lucky and not him?

• Love 3

Because Lucky was played by Jacob Young then. I saw him play The Eric Forrester that willingly married and had a child with Amber. I'm not even touching his portrayal of Lucky. It was well, like the writers saw Mr Young's reel and said "brain damage. Yup."

Billy Miller looks smart, played a smart character. Dammit, he was an Abbot. I refuse to have the Abbotts job on a whole different soap. Like, Billy Miller seems as though he can emote more than anger, murder, kill, Sonny, murder, Carly, sex, murder.

• Love 2

I loved Carlos for maybe the first time ever today, when he was telling off Sonny.  It was bittersweet when he listed all the things Mumbles got to do while Carlos was stuck in prison - until he said that Mumbles had been able to "make love to a woman".  

We can call Carly MANY things, and I have.  But "woman" has never been one of them.  A dangling ganglion, a boil from the underworld, a banshee from the other side, Flo the Progressive Insurance Lady, a guest host from The View or The Chew, okay...., but "woman" - never.

MInor note - I see that Count Dickolas managed to find the shoe polish and black out his bald spot before visiting Elizabeth.  So that's good, that ol' romantic so and so....

Edited by boes
  • Love 6

I love that theyve built a giant new prison yard set, because it means Sonny is actually going to be in prison for a while. No way Uncle Frank would authorize construction of a large new set unless it was to be used for a while.

I don't love the new set.  RC seems to have misunderstood--the reason I've been begging for years for Sonny to go to jail is because I wanted him off my damn screen, not because I wanted the show to follow him there.  The only good Sonny is an off-screen Sonny.  I don't give a shit if Sonny is in jail if he's allowed to continue stinking up the show from prison.  For that reason, the new set made me very, very sad.

Also, as a native spanish speaker, if there is something that makes me cringe is supposedly spanish speaking characters pretending to speak spanish and doing it incredibly badly. FFS, stick to english if you cant get a native accent, its embarassing.

Who was speaking Spanish today?  I didn't see it, so it must have been Sonny or someone talking to him.  I think I watched everything else.   I'm also a heritage speaker of Spanish, btw.  Funny thing, I remember a scene from way, way back in the day--must be more than 10 years ago now, since I think that's the last time I voluntarily watched a scene with Sonny in it--where Sonny was speaking Spanish to someone on the telephone.  I remember vividly being SHOCKED.  Believe it or not, the stuttering problem appears to be an English-only affliction.  His Spanish was perfect.  Not a stumble anywhere.  I remember thinking that if they'd just subtitle him all the time, we could cut down on the time it took to get through his scenes by at least 50%.

• Love 3

We can call Carly MANY things, and I have.  But "woman" has never been one of them.  A dangling ganglion, a boil from the underworld, a banshee from the other side, Flo the Progressive Insurance Lady, a guest host from The View or The Chew, okay...., but "woman" - never.

Hey, now, be nice. I'm pretty sure Flo is actually human.

• Love 5

I don't love the new set.  RC seems to have misunderstood--the reason I've been begging for years for Sonny to go to jail is because I wanted him off my damn screen, not because I wanted the show to follow him there.  The only good Sonny is an off-screen Sonny.  I don't give a shit if Sonny is in jail if he's allowed to continue stinking up the show from prison.  For that reason, the new set made me very, very sad.

Who was speaking Spanish today?  I didn't see it, so it must have been Sonny or someone talking to him.  I think I watched everything else.   I'm also a heritage speaker of Spanish, btw.  Funny thing, I remember a scene from way, way back in the day--must be more than 10 years ago now, since I think that's the last time I voluntarily watched a scene with Sonny in it--where Sonny was speaking Spanish to someone on the telephone.  I remember vividly being SHOCKED.  Believe it or not, the stuttering problem appears to be an English-only affliction.  His Spanish was perfect.  Not a stumble anywhere.  I remember thinking that if they'd just subtitle him all the time, we could cut down on the time it took to get through his scenes by at least 50%.

Responding in the History thread.

I loved Carlos for maybe the first time ever today, when he was telling off Sonny.  It was bittersweet when he listed all the things Mumbles got to do while Carlos was stuck in prison - until he said that Mumbles had been able to "make love to a woman".  

MInor note - I see that Count Dickolas managed to find the shoe polish and black out his bald spot before visiting Elizabeth.  So that's good, that ol' romantic so and so....

I thought that Carrrrlos was referring to Olivia.

• Love 2

I took more offense to the crypt sex and couch desecration oh and pepperoni stuffing being called "making love. " Those were celebrating the win over AJ, no love in that. And Carlos, I like you, but AJ is not a son of a bitch. He's the son of a Quartermaine.

I used this in the Days forum but I think it applies equally to Mumbles the Moobster and his mating techniques.....Due to those freakish bulgy eyes, mice shed a lot of tears; both to keep their eyes moist and whenever they look in the mirror. It turns out, though, that the tears of a male mouse contain pheremones. When the female's nose makes contact with them, the female gets into mating position.  It's from a website devoted to strange animal mating rituals - and those of the Corinthii, too, obviously.  

If that's not him and Carly I don't know what is.  Tears of a clown = Tears of a Moobster Mouse.  

I thought that Carrrrlos was referring to Olivia.

Did Sonny ever actually have sex with Olivia?  I mean besides the one time in Bensenhurst for extra credit in hygiene class, of course.  I thought it was cannoli and mirrors with those two.....

Edited by boes
  • Love 3

If I have to see him though, far better that he be in prison. With Johnny around to taunt him.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 10

If I have to see him though, far better than he be in prison. With Johnny around to taunt him.

Yes yes yes!   And Johnnie looks good, very good.  And Sonny standing next to him does our Orange Glow NO favors.

• Love 3

I used this in the Days forum but I think it applies equally to Mumbles the Moobster and his mating techniques.....Due to those freakish bulgy eyes, mice shed a lot of tears; both to keep their eyes moist and whenever they look in the mirror. It turns out, though, that the tears of a male mouse contain pheremones. When the female's nose makes contact with them, the female gets into mating position.  It's from a website devoted to strange animal mating rituals - and those of the Corinthii, too, obviously.  

If that's not him and Carly I don't know what is.  Tears of a clown = Tears of a Moobster Mouse.  

Did Sonny ever actually have sex with Olivia?  I mean besides the one time in Bensenhurst for extra credit in hygiene class, of course.  I thought it was cannoli and mirrors with those two.....

Yeah, Sonny was using her as a bedwarmer for about 6 months earlier this year.

• Love 2