Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Oh I'd forgotten all about Maxie sleeping with the real Franco...hopefully this show did too, for once I could do without the history recall, especially with the way Roger will probably play it.

They haven't, Carly mentioned it when her and Maxie were arguing the other week.  And I believe Franco also mentioned it when he first unveiled himself on the Haunted Star.

I had forgotten all about Dante and Sonny on the roof - thanks!  Why couldn't we keep *that* Dante?  Everything he said about Sonny loving himself more than anyone else and how Sonny has blown up all of his kids' lives was so true.  I will never understand how characters who see who and what Sonny really is somehow "forget" that and become his best friends again.  It's not like Sonny changes or shows true remorse or anything.  I could not help but laugh at Sonny's "You let your son walk right in to danger" to Olivia.  Yes, Sonny, he walked right in to the danger that was you shooting him in the chest.  Classic Sonny.

ETA: I had also completely forgotten that Maxie slept with old Franco!!  Can you imagine Maxie with *this* Franco?  There is just no way.  Yet another reason why RH should have been a different character instead of Franco.  

Edited by Turtle
  • Love 3

Oh, let's add one more "people yell at sonny" classic clip. It's Alexis and Sonny from 2002:

Ahh for the days when Alexis remembered she was a Cassadine.  Ah for the days when the Cassadine's had TEETH.  I have wondered for a long time if Guza-Wolfe_Ron wrote the Cassadine's as clowns in order to prop Sonny, so that the people he was in conflict with looked really evil. Maybe with Sonny going down we can get the return of scary evil Cassadine's and scary evil Fasion

Any more people yelling at Sonny? Morgan maybe? Another Quartermaine?

oh lemme see. This is a good one. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyDhylT55NE

Oh and this one (FF to 1:50 if it doesn't jump straight there)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKO6ZWwXKzg#t=110

It's short but I just love it for this line of Lulu's: "you are like a black hole that sucks up anybody who gets close"

Edited by ulkis

Thanks Ulkis. If only Morgan weren't so fickle but it's not as if he has Quartermaine blood to save him so I guess I see it. I think I'm going to watch Michael tear Sonny and Carly down again. Gah! I miss Michael/AJ. Chad/Sean had some of the best father son chemistry I've ever seen on this show. :( I'm so very sad. Still.

They haven't, Carly mentioned it when her and Maxie were arguing the other week.  And I believe Franco also mentioned it when he first unveiled himself on the Haunted Star.

I apparently block out a lot more of this show than I'd realized.

• Love 1

Honestly I don't really care about Michael's pain at all, I hate the kid.

No doubt we all have our bias, but this is all I see when I read your take on the storyline. 

At least you admit it LOL! 

Since Michael went to prison, I think he has been. He's more than once covered up for Michael and has pretty much gone to help immediately whenever Michael has asked. Dante was an ass to AJ, but that's the only thing I can remotely think of, post-prison, where Dante hasn't treated Michael completely favorably.

I'll answer the rest of your post in the GH history thread.

Covering up for Michael is not something that Dante's done for Michael that was positive.

Some of Michael's problem stem from people covering for him. As a cop, Dante should know better.

I had forgotten all about Dante and Sonny on the roof - thanks!  Why couldn't we keep *that* Dante?  Everything he said about Sonny loving himself more than anyone else and how Sonny has blown up all of his kids' lives was so true.  I will never understand how characters who see who and what Sonny really is somehow "forget" that and become his best friends again.  It's not like Sonny changes or shows true remorse or anything.  I could not help but laugh at Sonny's "You let your son walk right in to danger" to Olivia.  Yes, Sonny, he walked right in to the danger that was you shooting him in the chest.  Classic Sonny.

We have the same Dante. Just because he doesn't spit into Sonny's face every time they run into each other doesn't mean he's forgiven and forgotten. It just means that Dante realizes he has to be cordial if he wants to live in the same town as Sonny.

The way he coldly agree with Michael's take on Sonny is prove that he's never forgotten the kind of man his bio father is. He's not not walking around shouting his feelings on the subject around time.

We have the same Dante. Just because he doesn't spit into Sonny's face every time they run into each other doesn't mean he's forgiven and forgotten. It just means that Dante realizes he has to be cordial if he wants to live in the same town as Sonny.

The way he coldly agree with Michael's take on Sonny is prove that he's never forgotten the kind of man his bio father is. He's not not walking around shouting his feelings on the subject around time.

• Love 5
I like LLC but on a show that's bursting she should probably go. Olivia is overbearing but her relationship with Lulu is probably my favorite thing about her, probably because we don't see close relationships between mother and daughters-in-laws on soaps, or on tv in general actually.

I've always loved the Olivia/Lulu relationship.  Like you said, you don't see that kind of close, genuinely loving and supportive relationship between a MIL/DIL on TV very often.  And you get the feeling that, as much as Dante is her son, and she worships the ground he walks on, she'd still call his ass out of he was in the wrong in any conflict Lulu and Dante have.  One of the reasons I couldn't watch much of Everybody Loves Raymond was because I have that MIL, and while Olivia has the cooking and the overbearing thing down cold, she's the polar opposite of Marie Barone when it comes to her relationship with her DIL.  

Basically, any time Olivia isn't in the Sonny apologist role, I like her, to varying degrees.  I hope that for all her "that woman has Sonny's baby!" anguish, we get a scene where she reads him for filth for what he's done to Michael. I want everyone in his life, save Carly, to rip Sonny a new one and make it clear they stand with Michael.  (I know, I know, Morgan's a lost cause for the time being.) 

• Love 6

Which reminds me...I hope Michael drops that bomb about Sonny and Ava doing it IN A CRYPT to anyone who will listen.

It really is a shame that there is no way the censors would allow a turn of phrase like "crypt-fuckers" on our show.

• Love 4

Really, really, really tired of Maurice Bernard's Sonny Corinthos eating up so much airtime. This has been going on for years and the character is worn out, tired, boring and totally useless to the show.  He has nothing to say that hasn't been said 50 times before in any story he is involved in.  He's a black hole of suckitude.  Bernard's 6 month vacation can't come soon enough for me.

• Love 7

So, I see JJY has been taken off contract. I've alwas liked JJY & Mac. I blame RC & FV. LOL!!

TRuthfully I'm suprised he lasted on contract as long as long as he did lol.Poor guy hasn't had anything to truly do since WR left.

I wouldn't call him [Dante] one of the few people Michael can depend on at all given their history. He was useful yesterday but that was it for me but all this would be moot to you if you don't like Michael or AJ.

Since Michael went to prison, I think he has been. He's more than once covered up for Michael and has pretty much gone to help immediately whenever Michael has asked. Dante was an ass to AJ, but that's the only thing I can remotely think of, post-prison, where Dante hasn't treated Michael completely favorably.

--------------

Covering up for Michael is not something that Dante's done for Michael that was positive.

Some of Michael's problem stem from people covering for him. As a cop, Dante should know better.

Oh no, I agree, but I was just responding to the statement that Dante hasn't been someone Michael could depend on.

The way he coldly agree with Michael's take on Sonny is prove that he's never forgotten the kind of man his bio father is. He's not not walking around shouting his feelings on the subject around time.I go back and forth on this.

Obviously, to an extent, Dante has forgiven Sonny, since he speaks to him, and they're friendly with each other a lot of the time. But I think it's significant that he's never actually said the words "I forgive you" to him. Of course, now that I said that watch he says it tomorrow.

Also I am no Dante's fan but where the hell does Michael get off ordering him to "do his damn job"?

You know how he could have done his job a lot quicker Michael? If he didn't have to deal with you holding a gun on Sonny and oh yeah stopped you from committing murder yourself and getting your pale ass tossed back into lockup. 

I get Michael's "pain" and all but it's flashes like that which remind me why I really have no use for him.

Dante's job is only asked to be done when it is convenient for them, when its a hindrance, Dante needs to pick his family over his badge (their feelings). I remember a time just a few years ago when Michael basically told Dante to get over being shot by Sonny because Sonny was following the rules of the mob world. Well, fast forward to today when Sonny followed the same messed up rules, because he believed that AJ killed his slam piece, opps, "love of his life". Now he is going around town, waving a gun on the man that raised him. 

On a tangent, Robin did something similar. Remember when it just wasn't good enough that Dante didn't have Sonny's ass thrown in prison, but Dante had to feel sorry for the man that shot him the chest so she gave her AIDS speech about Stone to Dante in his hospital bed? Years later, Sonny ran around town looking for Jax and fired a gun in her home, where it hit her arm. She started freezing out Sonny.

The main reason that Sonny acts like Sonny is not just because Jason was protecting him, but because all these people were singing to the sundry about what a secretly great guy Sonny was and covering up his crimes when they needed to. 

For me it mostly rang a bit hollow. I vastly preferred his confrontation with Carly, that was spot on. I also agreed with his assessment that CarSon spent his entire childhood poisoning him against AJ. However.  I know it is a soap and maybe in the heat of the moment, Michael would disown like that Sonny, but Sonny for better or worse, did raise him. He might have thought of Michael as much of a possession as Anthony thought of Johnny, but he did at least show love and was very good at making it seem he put his children first. I am glad Michael gave AJ a chance and became good friends, but considering the limited time they had together, that is all it really amounted to (thanks to CarSon). 

Since the Jasus has performed one of his many miracles and risen from his watery, frozen grave and RC can't resist being meta about things, I would have preferred if Michael would have made his rant more Jason heavy. I hate Jason more than Sonny, but Sonny did manipulate a brain damaged man and he and Carly did their best to keep Jason from forging any type of relationship with the Qs. Unlike Sonny, I believe that Jason truly loved Michael, and Sonny and Carly used that as well. I would have loved it if Michael figured out while confronting Sonny that Sonny called off Jason's protection while Michael was in Pentoville. That would be a shottable offense.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 1

Any more people yelling at Sonny? Morgan maybe? Another Quartermaine?

This clip includes Jax laying into Sonny after Clink Boom 2.0.  I believe Jax suggests that Sonny shoot himself in the head and put us all out of our misery.  It's rather glorious.

• Love 9

Still watching the fall out but had to comment...anyone find Maxie's comments about Carly sleeping with Franco ironic since she was doing the horizontal limbo with Dingleberry not too long ago?

Carly needs to wipe the sneer off of her face because they are all in this situation because she cheated. Franco might have cracked anyway, but she is the immediate cause of this situation.

Have the Quatermaines even been told about Sonny? Everyone seems too busy feeling bad for Sonny to give them a thought.

Bobbie continues to disgust.

Loving Dante and Michael In all of this. Loved Nathan giving Rosalie the riot act.

Edited by CookieBud
  • Love 3

Still watching the fall put but had to comment...anyone find Maxies comments about Carly sleeping with Franco ironic since she was doing the horizontal limbo with Dingleberry not too long ago?

Maxie didn't know Levi was a con artist when she slept with him.  Nor did she know Franco was a SERIAL KILLER when she slept with him.

Meanwhile, Carly knew full well that Franco was the man who had tormented her best friend and threatened her daughter and engineered her son's rape in prison and, oh yeah, was a SERIAL KILLER and she still took him into her house, bed, and heart.

• Love 9

Oh, BOOOOOOO, Michael did not filet Kiki nearly enough.  I hated that the hypocritical liar got to attempt to come clean while Morgan tried in vain to stop her.  And I hated that the vitriol was aimed mostly at Morgan. 

And now (and this is speculation) Michael's probably going to bang Rosalie and Kiki will climb up on a moral high horse, like, as if, BITCH.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

My hatred for Franco aside, I can't abide Carly's raging hypocrisy. She has no room to shriek to anyone about Franco's horribleness. Her hooha was A-Okay with him until his actions personally affected her. He was lovable as long as he was hurting, know her kids and supposed loved one.

Stupid cow.

Oh, I hear you. But she really doesn't have room to sneer.

Yes, she does.

Everyone in that town does. No one's done (literally) someone as terrible as him. Knowingly. 

• Love 2

This is what I get for saying I liked the Lulu/Olivia relationship . . . almost the most annoying as possible scene between them where Lulu is wearing a horrific sweater which doesn't help the manic pixie girl image the actress projects and Olivia bleating about poor Dante having to arrest Sonny (shut UP Olivia he is a cop and a freaking grown-up) and flat out lying about how worried Sonny was when Rocco was missing (Olivia actually yelled at him at the time for not being worried enough)!

I guess we're supposed to hate Lomax now but the woman fired Mac and hired Anna. That means she is the best mayor ever.

Poor, poor Jordan. Can you imagine being stuck in a room with those fools?

Seriously Kiki? NOW you have to tell Michael that you knew?? I needed more Michael to eviscerate her some more.

Ryan Paevey is . . . not good. Bring Johnny back for Maxie (not desperate enough to ask for Spin back yet.) He can stay and be pretty in a corner but Maxie needs a new love interest.

damn, Rosalie is hot. And then "hey" nod of her head at the bar? Tap that Mikey*, tap that.

Lucas looked pretty hot today.

*Only I am allowed to use that term. No one else! Looking at Morgan here.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

I'm not a Maxie fan. She thinks she's right all the time, tears into everyone who dates to disagree with her and doesn't know when to shut up. She's also dumb as dirt. Kid is better off with dad.

Edited by CookieBud
  • Love 4

I try to not hold the Franco/Carly fiasco against Carly because RC admits he had Carly act OCC to benefit his pet. And I simply refuse to be manipulated. But will it kill Carly to acknowledge culpability? Just admit you screwed over your kids to screw the psycho. Own your shit, girl.

Carly is so busy freaking Franco that she's only giving lip service to caring about Michael. She still takes no responsibility for her actions.

I would love the Shebeast to acknowledge that Franco was able to hurt Michael ... this time .... because of her lies him. Franco had the weapon she created. How does she not get that? 

I should not watch this show live. I need a warning.

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • Love 3

The main reason that Sonny acts like Sonny is not just because Jason was protecting him, but because all these people were singing to the sundry about what a secretly great guy Sonny was and covering up his crimes when they needed to.

I always thought this was one of the great lost opportunities of the show, which perhaps they can now re-visit as Sonny falls. Given Sonny's bipolar, I always wanted to see a "Truth teller" : maybe Kevin, or a new shrink in town, or a returned Tom Hardy, call out Carly and Robin and Olivia and face it half the town, as enablers who have over the years actually made Sonny's condition worse.

• Love 7

I think that Sonny's position is that he really is not at fault because Ava manipulated him. It is all Ava's fault. When will Ava be arrested for killing Connie? When the baby is found, who will they give her to?

• Love 1

I think that Sonny's position is that he really is not at fault because Ava manipulated him. It is all Ava's fault. When will Ava be arrested for killing Connie? When the baby is found, who will they give her to?

I'm guessing that a) the baby will be Morgan and b), ugh, it will bring him and Kiki closer together or some garbage.  Or he'll have to fight Kiki for custody, one or the other.

I didn't think, and this is only my opinion, that Sonny was crying for the damage he did to Michael, but rather that he got caught. He has not expressed one iota about Michael's torment. Rather, he's been worrying about how all this will effect the not so great moobster. Nothing I saw today changed that opinion and the baby was a total afterthought.

And Ava is only responsible for the murders she commits. Sonny killed AN because that's what he wanted to do.

AJ, . Not an. Damon auto correct.

• Love 7

I would so LOL if Sonny, Carly and Ava are in jail and Michael gets mad enough at Kiki and Morgan to turn them out on their asses, the baby ends up being Sonny's and OLIVIA has to take care of her b/c NO ONE ELSE CAN! ha!

Did I miss an episode? Has anyone told Monica that Sonny shot AJ?

Not yet.  It's still Halloween/election night and, as we saw yesterday, Monica's been asleep.  But it's out to the press now so it's only a matter of time.

Did sonny admit his part in getting Heather out?I laughed when Heather claimed she'd rather die thn be locked back up in ferncliff?All Heather would have to do is blackmail scotty with the knowledge of their old schemes which would make more sense than DR.O running around free because of an embryo lol.

I'm glad Michael told off Kiki and Morgan.

Bobbie contuies to irk lol.

I didn't think, and this is only my opinion, that Sonny was crying for the damage he did to Michael, but rather that he got caught. He has not expressed one iota about Michael's torment. Rather, he's been worrying about how all this will effect the not so great moobster. Nothing I saw today changed that opinion and the baby was a total afterthought.

I think it is both. I don't doubt Sonny loves Michael, it is just his idea of love and mine vastly differ. 

Same with Carly, she thinks she loves Michael but her actions say different. Her idea of love is whack.

If the baby is Sonny's and he and Ava are in jail, I am afraid that Lante would be stuck with the girlchild and hopefully, this would cure Lulu's baby rabies.

Poor lulu gets to do nothing but sat with her mother-in-law and fold baby clothes lol.

Did sonny admit his part in getting Heather out?

No he didn't.

Poor lulu gets to do nothing but sat with her mother-in-law and fold baby clothes lol.

It's better to than anything having to do with Robert Kelker-Kelly though.

I'm sure she'll get more to do when fluke comes back.

Edited by ulkis