Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Bobbie: Carly isn't alright and it's all thanks to Scott.

For all that is good and holy.  This is why people despise Sonny and Carly.   This nonsense.  They ALWAYS have someone to pat their heads and hand wave their awfulness. 

• Love 11

I am growing so sick and tired of Misogyny Hospital. Whatever RC's issue with women is, he needs to work it out in therapy, not on the show and through the characters. Franco's rant about how women have ruined his life and made him crazy made me wanna retch!

Sonny's stupid gene that manifests itself in Morgan makes me, at times, strongly dislike Morgan. Telling Kiki that she shouldn't worry about Ava because Sonny will take care of her until she has the baby....ugh! And I'm not the biggest Kiki fan either, but I thought it was endearing that she said she didn't care what Ava has done; she's her mother and she loves her. That's just about the only genuine emotion that came out of someone today.

I fucking despise Sonny, don't get how he has fan, so, GET HIM MICHAEL! 

• Love 12

I just watched through yesterday, and I will never, never tire of viewing these scenes.

They will bring me joy until the end of time. I spent half my life waiting for them--they better.

that video did not capture poor Chad's face at a good moment

• Love 3

OMG!!   That ending was kick ass.   I thought Ava was a goner.  Sonny is about to watch his world crumble and I don't have one iota of sympathy for him.   He's evil, he's vile and he's disgusting.  Just take his conversation with Ava today.  But he's stopped dead in his tracks.

Love how Bobbie outed Carly to everyone, because when Lucy knows, everyone knows.    Guess it never occurred to her to say nothing and let the lawyers do the talking.   Now I see why Carly can't take responsibility for anything....Mommy blames everyone else as well.   Thank you, Scotty, for doing the job you are paid to do, no matter what your reasons may be.

Um, KiKi, while I appreciate your speech on stopping the crap, really, I do, I loathe that you can still blame Ava for AJ's death.  Here's the thing.  It doesn't matter what Sonny thought, it doesn't matter what he was led to believe...he picked up a gun and ended a man's life.  He didn't have to do that, he wanted to do that.  End of discussion.  It's called personal responsibility, something sadly lacking on this show.

Franco, just kill everyone and be done with it, although Carly's hypocrisy meter was running pretty high.  Carly may not have done the specific crimes that Franco has, but she's been apart of the pain and suffering of others.  Hell, she's the one that started it all with AJ.  I remember that well.  Loathed her then, loathe her now. If not for Carly's lies, Michael would have his father.

Duke's ship has hit an iceberg and is sinking fast.  I can't believe he told the others he was going to warn sonny.

Oh, and best line of the day goes to Ava for her ridicule of Shawn not being able to get her back from the penthouse.

• Love 11

Morgan: do you see how sick Franco is now - 

Kiki: Why don't you stop thinking about Franco and think about your BROTHER!!!

No bitch! No! You don't get to fucking deflect! I utterly despise how she acts like she's the only one who thinks of Michael's well-being

Her "Oh my gosh, Franco lied, was acting all crazy!" act was insanity itself.  Oh wah wah, Kiki, so now he's an evil monster because he crossed YOU?

And considering her losing Michael and her lackluster efforts to find him, she is hardly fucking one to talk.

HATE HATE HATE.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

Michael is defending Ava, if he shoots Sonny he can easily get off. So do it Michael! Shoot him!

I love Franco more than Carly/Sonny/Kiki all.

Anna needs to be fired ASAP, she didn't want Scott to go after Carly because he's dating Bobbie? That's the ridiculous nonsense that lets all the criminals in this town run free. Team Scott for handing in the evidence, wanting it done by the book and saying Carly needs to go down along with Duke.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 11

Michael is defending Ava, if he shoots Sonny he can easily get off. So do it Michael! Shoot him!

I love Franco more than Carly/Sonny/Kiki all.

Anna needs to be fired ASAP, she didn't want Scott to go after Carly because he's dating Bobbie? That's the ridiculous nonsense that lets all the criminals in this town run free. Team Scott for handing in the evidence, wanting it done by the book and saying Carly needs to go down along with Duke.

She didn't say that. She said, "really, you're going to pursue that angle?" when he started talking about Carly. imo, she was just pissed at him because he was being unnecessarily over-the-top to both her and Dante, and he didn't seem at all sympathetic that his girlfriend's daughter is going to prison. I couldn't cheer for Scott because he left out one big honking accessory - Franco. I don't think she particularly wants to after Carly, but notice before Scott came in the room, Dante noted all the people going down for the crime and he mentioned both Sonny and Carly, and Anna didn't protest. 

• Love 1

I can't enjoy this, what's happening. Sonny and Carly may be taking a fall but, imho, it doesn't make up for the rest, it certainly doesn't excuse the writing and the direction chosen.

I'm sick and tired of watching people waving guns around and threatening lives, I don't care whose. I am sick and tired of the violent, woman hating culture Ron seems to relish in writing. I'm sick and tired of people being written out of character and I'm sick and tired of characters being turned into killers and murderers.

I'm sick and tired of the fact that criminals outnumber actual law abiding citizens.

GH feels like an even bigger, cheaper ripoff of the Sopranos now, the mob isn't going anywhere if anything it's engulfing it.

• Love 8

How does this accessory-after-the-fact stuff work?  Franco's been covering for Sonny for months, including sitting on video evidence. Does finally showing Sonny's confession in public negate that Franco was just as complicit as Carly in covering it up for all that time?

How does Carly not have a psych break after this.

She verbalized what we've all been saying " What kind of person am I to sleep with you after all you've done to the people I love? Along those lines. Now be a atone your sins, help out put upon Franco, save him from killing three people, start slicing those wrists. 

• Love 1

Franco would probably not be charged as an accessory after the fact since he is providing the evidence. He would skate on those charges.  Carly would not, Morgan would not, Kiki would not, Shawn would not...the list goes on.  If Scott does his job, the streets of PC would be empty.

• Love 8

How does this accessory-after-the-fact stuff work?  Franco's been covering for Sonny for months, including sitting on video evidence. Does finally showing Sonny's confession in public negate that Franco was just as complicit as Carly in covering it up for all that time?

The way I see it, the major accessory-after-the-fact activity Carly and Franco did was stealing AJ's phone before Anna could get her hands on it and having Spinelli unscramble it.  Nobody knows about that yet.

Carly's going down because, on that video tape, she admits her culpability in covering up Sonny's crime.  There's no such tape of Franco.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

I find it ironic that Bobbie is pissed at scott and for once he didn't do anything wrong lol.I mean maybe he was a little too gleeful but can you really blame him.Just wished Karen was mentioned.

IA with whoever said that there sick of everyone waving guns around and plotting murders.what happened to plotting like with your brains lol.

• Love 1

I am growing so sick and tired of Misogyny Hospital. Whatever RC's issue with women is, he needs to work it out in therapy, not on the show and through the characters. Franco's rant about how women have ruined his life and made him crazy made me wanna retch!

Rose McGowan has a related take on this issue, at least somewhat related. Google 'Rose McGowan' 'gay', and 'women'. She is there so I suspect she knows what she is talking about.

Couldn't almost everyone who knew about Sonny and A.J. go down for obstruction? Kiki, Morgan? Maybe I'm way off.

Sonny and Carly definitely have to be on the hook. Duke, Shawn. And yes, Franco was very involved with that whole phone caper and Anna knows it. But Ron has forgotten.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 1

Duke is definitely an accessory after the fact given the fact that he gave Sonny his alibi and lied to Anna's face about it. Just because he hates the Jeromes, doesn't mean that he has to side with Sonny. After AJ gave him a job and was good to him.

• Love 8

Couldn't almost everyone who knew about Sonny and A.J. go down for obstruction? Kiki, Morgan? Maybe I'm way off.

Sonny and Carly definitely have to be on the hook. Duke, Shawn. And yes, Franco was very involved with that whole phone caper and Anna knows it. But Ron has forgotten.

That would be a pretty freaking awesome way to accomplish the much-needed task of purging the cast (I know -- let me dream, OK)!

• Love 2

The isn't going to be a need for cops if all the people who should go to jail in all of this, do.

I have to assume there's a difference legally between knowing something but having no evidence (like Morgan and Kiki do) and specifically interfering with the investigation (which Carly, Franco, Duke, and maybe Shawn did).

• Love 5

I shudder to think of what Ron's relationship with his mother must be like. 

Well they say you write what you know. Franco's turning a gun on his mother was telling. As was Sonny's complete lack of regard for the mother of his maybe child or grandchild after she had literally just given birth. *shudder*

Carly, Morgan, Franco, Kiki, Shawn, Duke, and (I think) Nina can all be charged with accessory after the fact. Ava can be charged with accessory to murder (and murder itself, of course, for Connie). Though Franco may get immunity from prosecution because he turned over proof of the crime.

Whatever RC's issue with women is, he needs to work it out in therapy, not on the show and through the characters. Franco's rant about how women have ruined his life and made him crazy made me wanna retch!

I'm not one to defend RC, but writting a character with misogynist tendencies doesn't necessarily make him one. At least, I never got the sense that Franco's rant today was supposed to make him look anything but crazy and wrong.

I do hate Franco less when he is embracing who he is, other than playing the misunderstood, no-one-will-give-me-a-chance sad faced panda in bohemian flanel.I mean, he is going to be a Serial Killer no matter what, no one is going to forget that. He may as well play up the dark side and become at least more entertaining. Also, I prefer cold stone serious and vicious (if still whiny) Franco of today over the snarky, ironic clown RH has been playing for the last few weeks (and for the whole run of GH Todd). When he fired that warning shot against Shawn, that was genuinely scary. When RH is on, he is on.

What IS Scotty's beef with Anna and Dante? I usually like him, but he kind of looks like an ass if there isn't any kind of a motive explaining his smugness towards them.

Sonny aiming to kill a woman who has just given birth (to his daughter/granddaughter) was gross. Is that a new low for him? I have to wonder what the hell was the point of the scenes in the crypt with GhostConnie from a couple of weeks ago. They didn't do much to change his mind.

Great ending. Wasn't expecting it.

Edited by Bawoman
  • Love 5
To be fair, it's not like Guza's "General Hospital" was any better in that regard.

I know, but Guza is gone and in some ways I feel as if Ron is even worse.

Today was terrible to me, from start to finish I didn't find anything to smile about, to enjoy.

It's like every single scene is sunken in darkness and wretchedness. Dark clouds hover over everyone's heads, there's no breathing room, there's no scene that can escape the ugliness, they all bleed together into one sickening swill.

• Love 1

Even if Franco's "women ruined my life" rant was meant to be a special display of crazy, there's plenty of other instances on this show that reek of a women suck commentary. The constant stream of "bitch", "slut", "whore" and "tramp" aimed at women when the men are just as bad says a lot.

And most of the crazy characters on this show are women -- usually the apple of their obsession: none other than men and babies.

Edited by BinkyMimo88
  • Love 3

I think Scott's behavior today towards Anna and Dante was more about him focusing in his career and what he wanted and making sure no one screwed up.  I know it came across as being a jackass, but he did tell Anna it would cost her a job because the mayor would come after her.  It could be taken as him threatening her, or helping her, just depends.  And I can't blame him for wondering what Sonny's spawn would do, even if I like Dante.  There is a track record of Sonny's family covering his backside.

I think Scott's behavior today towards Anna and Dante was more about him focusing in his career and what he wanted and making sure no one screwed up.  I know it came across as being a jackass, but he did tell Anna it would cost her a job because the mayor would come after her.  It could be taken as him threatening her, or helping her, just depends.  And I can't blame him for wondering what Sonny's spawn would do, even if I like Dante.  There is a track record of Sonny's family covering his backside.

• Love 3

I think the thing that stands out most to me is Carly's sociopath comment yesterday. She has so little self awareness, it's scary. Franco may be a sociopath, but at least he mostly attacks people he dislikes, that dislike him, etc. Carly once seduced her mother's husband to get back at her mother(who had done nothing to her other than give her up). Her biggest thing though, was pouring alcohol all over AJ to  make him think he'd fallen off the wagon, and dumping him in that laundry cart. All mostly so he wouldn't interfere in her plot to get Tony/get back at Bobbie. She did this to her ONLY FRIEND at the time. And sadly, she's the same person today she was then.

She  has not grown at all. She'd do the same over and over. She has zero remorse for most of her actions. Her remorse is that she got CAUGHT, and Michael hates her. Not that she was helping cover up a murder.

And she calls Franco a sociopath? Oh, Carly. Pot-Kettle.

• Love 22

Today was gave us four more peices of evidence that the era of Sonny Corinthos is finally and truly over:

1) Lucy talking about Sonny's hold over his love interests;

2) Dante talking about Sonny's hold over his associates;

3) Morgan's epiphany that Sonny is actually going to kill Ava; and

4) Michael walking in on Sonny holding a gun on Ava.

And I always like seeing Mac & Felicia, and KW looked great with her new hair.

I actually thought that not only KA decent today, but Kiki acted like a real human being and KA had appropriate facial expressions.

MB on the other hand was horrible. MW gave an exhilarating performance and Mo gave her nothing in return. At one point it was if Sonny fell asleep standing up.

• Love 7

I think it's sad that Micheal, realizing his alleged parents are douchebags, was possibly wandering down by the docks/waterfront and remembering when AJ was honest with him in 2012 about Carly/Sonny. I think that's how he ended up at Brownstone of Moochery.

Hilarious that Shawn really can't do his job. At all. Dude. He couldn't get the gun from Franco, contain Heather, nor abscond a pregnant woman. Yet, Sonny relies on him for stuff. Poor Orange Baby.

• Love 2

I didn't completely hate Kiki today either. Her facial expressions are always off, but she was angry with Morgan for betraying her mother to Sonny. It actually scored her some points in my book, though she was in a deep hole, so it's going to take more. I'll never like her, but today she made a little sense. Morgan, otoh, is still dead to me now.   

• Love 5

What IS Scotty's beef with Anna and Dante? I usually like him, but he kind of looks like an ass if there isn't any kind of a motive explaining his smugness towards them.

In the GH in my head today's episode ended with Scott kneeling by Karen's grave and saying "We got him honey, we finally got him."

I don't think Scotty has any personal animosity towards Anna and Dante - at least not much. Anna has kinda been unnecessarily snotty to him a couple of times, imo, but nothing major. (And I suppose bring Sonny's son AND being married to Lulu Spencer doesn't endear Dante much in Scott's eyes.) I do think it's career oriented for Scotty, which is kind of why I'm unsympathetic - it's because of the story Diane told the other day where she beat him in what should have been an open and shut case - so it makes it kinda seem like the man is desperate for a win. Not that he shouldn't be happy, it's Sonny and he's escaped justice for 20 years. But at the same time I really do hope they mention something about Karen, because they've actually gone out of their way now, with Diane's story, to make it clear Scotty isn't even winning cases off-screen, poor fellow.

I don't think with Morgan and Kiki anything can be proved but with the mood Michael will be in I wouldn't be surprised if he accuses them of knowing along with everyone else and lets them stew 24 hours in lock-up.

I haven't watched yet but Sonny walks in, finds out his daughter/granddaughter has been kidnapped and he stands there and threatens Ava????

Why am I not surprised?  Its only a girl child.  Its scary to think that the baby is probably better off with a crazy woman like Nina.

• Love 3

I haven't watched yet but Sonny walks in, finds out his daughter/granddaughter has been kidnapped and he stands there and threatens Ava????

He takes half a second to call Shawn (that's right, not the police, but Shawn), but then gets right back to threatening Ava.

• Love 3

SHOOT HIM, MICHAEL, SHOOT HIM!!!

Today was a total mess, and a complete letdown. 

I totally forgot that Felicia was running for mayor.  Did those campaign signs magically appearing on the docks between yesterday's show and today's?

They finally told us Franco's plan (bizarre as it may be)!  I have no idea why I care, but I haven't been able to stop wondering about it. 

I thought I hated Sonny as much as possible, but today proved me wrong.  Everything about him is the worst.  I think the baby may want for a mother, asshole.  But I did love Ava's snark on Shawn.  The only entertaining part of the show, as far as I'm concerned. 

Sonny's WTF??? face at seeing Michael with a gun is GLORIOUS.

Okay, there were 2 entertaining parts!

• Love 5

Kiki can have some seats! While I love Maura West in this role and I want her to stay as long as she can - certainly longer than Michelle Stafford - Ava is a coldblooded, murderous killer for whom, as West herself said in a new interview, killing is part of her business. She knew the score and she will do anything and manipulate anyone, including her daughter, to get what she wants and to survive. Sorry if you're just now getting the picture about your mother and your surrogate dad from OLTL, Kiki! I don't care.

Honestly, Morgan's reasons for hewing to loyalty to Sonny I can understand, because I feel I understand that character, his history and background. He is a young, confused manchild who desires his father's approval and unconditional love and attention. And Connie (Kate) was someone he knew and liked, someone his father had tried more than once to marry. Ava is a woman who seduced him, lied to him, slept with his father and killed a family friend. What is Kiki's excuse for repping for Franco for months on end? They were popular together on One Life to fucking Live. And I watched OLTL for 20 years, it is my #1 soap and I don't give a shit.

• Love 4

It looks like Sonny really doesn't give a fuck about the latest Corinthos spawn especially since it is a girl child.  If he did at least he would have gotten his goons to look for her.

Well he did put in a call to Shawn. Ava's comment on that was priceless.

• Love 4

He takes half a second to call Shawn (that's right, not the police, but Shawn), but then gets right back to threatening Ava.

Oh, so he did all he could?  Ok then.

• Love 4