Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Seriously. It's like someone put Betty Boop's lips on the guy. Maybe that's why I can never decide if he's hot or not.

I think that really is it. His tiny mouth takes his hotness factor down a bunch. It's just super noticeable and distracting.

Maybe I'm just super shallow though because honestly LW's and BH's teeth really take me out of their scenes sometimes, too.

• Love 3
I dunno if it's necessarily about loyalty.  I think Duke realizes his goose is pretty much cooked either way.  Even if he had admitted then and there he had lied for Sonny, Anna might have been able to keep him out of jail, but their relationship would still have been O-V-E-R.  His one hope is that this all kinda blows over, which means sticking to the lie.

I thought Anna made it damn clear that all Duke had to do was say, "Oh, I got the days wrong," and he was off the hook.  She was giving him a way out, in order to save their relationship, and all but begging him to take it.

But he still stuck to his story.

Because Sonny ruins everything.

Fair point.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 6
Why did Franco keep throwing Kiki under the bus? I thought he liked her.

Franco doesn't care about collateral damage. Thank goodness, in this case.

B&B does a decent job having the younger set have a profession & work.

This drives me nuts. I don't need to see anyone at work or school, but lip service would be nice. Why didn't the judge require Maxie to get a job before regaining custody of Georgie, instead of/in addition to forbidding her to see Nathan? Lauren once mentioned working at GH, but did she ever get a job?

It's really annoying that it's mostly the young women who have no stated job.

• Love 4

It's funny that Max got shot because the last time I remember seeing him, he got shot by Morgan during the show's cheapest location shoot ever. I guess Dirk Cheetwood just comes in every other sweeps period to get shot.

• Love 2

yes this is one thing that bugs me.Why doesn't anyone have any goals and ambitions.Heck even after scott inhertied all those millions from Dominquie he still worked for a living lol.Edward and Tracy certainely never stopped working ect.THis younger people need to get off their butts lol.Even patrick doesn't seem to be that bothered he lost his job.

• Love 4

I thought Anna made it damn clear that all Duke had to do was say, "Oh, I got the days wrong," and he was off the hook.  She was giving him a way out, in order to save their relationship, and all but begging him to take it.

But I don't think Anna believed that Duke made an honest mistake.  Confirming that he did in fact lie to her on behalf of a mobster would have been a death blow to their relationship, IMO.

Lauren once mentioned working at GH, but did she ever get a job?

Kiki whined at Silas about giving a job, but there was no follow-through there.  I guess she's technically employed in the brownstone renovation, though I haven't seen her or Morgan lift a hammer lately.

But yes, I think Maxie (and, until recently, Lucas) have been the most egregious in this regard.

Edited by TeeVee329
Easy peasy. Kaka is unemployed & homeless so all Morgan/Sonny he to do is provide her food, clothing, shelter & a credit card.

If Sonny were forced to spend time around her he'd probably end up turning himself in within 24 hours. Though that could be a nice punishment for the always self centered moob, forcing him to be saddled all day and all night with Kiki to take care of and provide for.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 4

I guess they don't like Milo getting shot. So, Max it is.

Milo doesn't work for Sonny anymore, so it wouldn't make sense for him to get shot since he's not guarding anyone.

• Love 1

I love how the SERIAL KILLER gets to be all indignant because Carly broke his precious little heart but neither she nor anyone else will be allowed to point out all the atrocities he committed. STFU freak. Ron couldn't have picked a worse person to expose Sonny. The SERIAL KILLER just looks like a whiny bitch on top of being a SERIAL KILLER, predator, and rape facilitator.

Carly was throwing the tumor in the face of anyone who dared to bring up what a monster Franco is, so at this point she doesn't get to say shit about it. Everyone should start lining up to say "I told you so!!!" 

I definitely think TeCa's next. I didn't hate Britt at all, but the cast is bursting. 

She should have been first. Felix second.

Michael. Said. "Supposably."

I'll let this one go. He's upset and stumbling over his words. 

• Love 1

Carly was throwing the tumor in the face of anyone who dared to bring up what a monster Franco is, so at this point she doesn't get to say shit about it. Everyone should start lining up to say "I told you so!!!" 

She should have been first. Felix second.

I'll let this one go. He's upset and stumbling over his words. 

THIS!  Everyday forever.  Carly has no room to throw anything back in Franco's face because she was the queen of "forgive and move on" - of course, I think that was her guilt speaking.....

• Love 2

Okay. I'm eating jambalaya today. There's no way this show can ruin that, right?

And Morgan/Kiki need to learn how to tie their shoes. Poor Micheal needs an education

Imo that's the saddest thing. Jason/AJ were educated highly, and thanks to the brain trust of Dumb, Dumber, and Brain Injured- Micheal has no formal education. This kid should have gotten more than what he did. While Kristina was at Yale and Morgan was at boarding school, poor Micheal was in prison thanks to the bad decisions of those two.

And AJ would have been a bad choice how? One year in his life and the kid has a better moral compass, sees his grandmother more, has a real job, has his own place, is a better dresser, and has broken almost no laws. Explain to me like I'm Sonny how AJ was a bad choice for parent.

• Love 9

Michael. Said. "Supposably."

And Kiki has said "supposively" on multiple occasions. I don't know if it's the writers or if it's the two dunderheads playing those parts but Jesus Christ learn some English. 

• Love 5

Soaps used to be a collection of people. Heroes, villains, those somewhere in between... and I would agree that it started going downhill in the 90s because that became the Era of the Antihero... with people not getting what antiheroes are really all about... or basically eschewing their legitimate heroes and thinking the antiheroes could move into their place with no problem.

Stories. Need. Heroes.

It's as simple as that. And they have been necessary to storytelling since the earliest days. There are tragic heroes that battle against impossible odds; there are those that prevail; there are larger than life douchebags who prevail over the far more noble, it's all about the storytelling but it NEEDS the heroes; it NEEDS the good guys.

GH is completely off kilter because Frons and Guza wanted it to become the Sopranos -- not accepting the concept that Tony's story was finite and that he wasn't a good guy! He was a complicated, layered guy, sure, but he wasn't a good guy! Walking into his world was like walking into a funhouse, everything was skewed and messed up and the writers knew it! That was the point of it all along. Don Draper isn't a good guy on 'Mad Men' either. He's a fucked up, cramped little man who is so broken inside he constantly sabotages everything in his life... and he's a symbol in and of himself of the way New York crumbled from the glittering metropolis of the 50s to the hell hole it became in the 70s. You didn't have the writers excusing them, they know what these characters are. There's no dialog of them comparing themselves to firemen and soldiers (Captain America should have busted through the window and kicked Jason's fucking head off for that line) -- they are infinitely flawed and everyone knows it.

Sonny, at this point, is some malevolent being out of Lovecraft. He's the colour out of space... sucking up the lifeforce of everything around him and spreading his sickness further and further each year. He's the blasted heath in the form of a man.

I always like breaking it down... villains are ruled by their fears, antiheroes are driven by their fears and heroes overcome their fears. You need all of that. You need balance and GH hasn't had balance in a long time. There may be more now than there was during Guza's time but sometimes it's hard to tell because Ron falls in love with Howarth 'revealing' stuff in his quirky Howarth way or Dr. O and her crrrrazy accent and Margot Channing quips. Who are the heroes of GH?

Anna? Who gets shunted aside for weeks at a time and is made to play to fool for Duke (whenever they dust him off) or not be able to figure out that shit is really really wrong with this Robin stuff?

Dante? The biggest fucking Sonny apologist out there? Sorry kids, Dante's been infected by Sonny's colour out from space and will either fall to corruption or madness. (That's how Lovecraft works.)

Nate? He's too damn new.

Robin? She of the constantly being kidnapped and not a regular part of the firmament anymore?

Where is the balance? It's been missing since the 90s and until they realize that and start actually writing HEROES again (male, female, whatever) they're never going to get back what's been lost.

• Love 19

I do laugh at Carly if only because, Carly is smarter than this. However sanitized she sometimes got at times in Tamara Braun's run, Carly - Laura Wright's Carly, Sarah Brown's Carly - would always, always have known how much ammunition she was handing Franco to destroy everything in her life. She can talk about how much she loves him, what a good man he is, it doesn't matter. It wouldn't have mattered who he was. Even if he wasn't a serial killer, the real Carly - for all her happy talk - would never have given everything up to Franco's trust without an insurance policy. Her mind is too insectoid not to have considered the possibility of this going sideways on her.

Laura Wright's Carly, in particular, got that instinct back in the Guza years, IMO. She would never have set herself up like this with one outsider who knows everything. Never.

• Love 11

I do think Ron, especially coming in after Guza, did a much better job in the beginning.  Remember that glorious day when John McBain wondered why they would bother calling mobster Jason to assist with a police matter?

But the balance has been off for quite some time and this recent push for Franco and Nina, wacky BFFs and future supercouple, has really tipped the scale in the wrong direction.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 10

I do think Ron, especially coming in after Guza, did a much better job in the beginning.  Remember that glorious day when John McBain wondered why they would bother calling mobster Jason to assist with a police matter?

But the balance has been off for quite some time and this recent push for Franco and Nina, wacky BFFs and future supercouple, has really tipped the scale in the wrong direction.

I miss McBain a lot, to be honest. I never thought I'd say that.

And hey, the more he's here, the freer my Natalie Buchanan (Banks) is to spend her babysitter nights at Shelter dancing with attractive young men.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 6

I miss McBain a lot, to be honest. I never thought I'd say that.

And hey, the more he's here, the freer my Natalie Buchanan (Banks) is to spend her babysitter nights at Shelter dancing with attractive young men.

The Retconia McBain nonsense aside, McBain was a much better fit in Port Charles.  I found his rapport with mentor Anna and his (at least initial) hate of mobsters delightful.

And yes, that frees Natalie up to a) get a new DNA test to reveal that Liam is Brody's, b) cut him out of her life for good, and c) go out and shake her groove thing with Cutter or even an undead Jared.

• Love 4

Dante? The biggest fucking Sonny apologist out there? Sorry kids, Dante's been infected by Sonny's colour out from space and will either fall to corruption or madness. (That's how Lovecraft works.)

The biggest Sonny apologist out there? No way girl, no way. :p A Sonny apologist, sure, much to my dismay, but certainly not the biggest. I don't know who that goes to. Not Carly, because she's not a good person either, so it doesn't count. So I suppose Dante's mother may be the biggest one. Usually I'd name Robin but she's felt much more lukewarm towards Sonny in recent years ever since he brought a gun into her house, but then again after the gun incident she was only on for about 6 months more before Kim left the show.

With Nathan, unless the guy becomes a better actor, I'll always feel like he's a good guy by default because the actor can't portray anything else, so on that score it doesn't really count, imo. I don't think he's too new anymore. It's just that his writing sucks and the guy is bland. To bring up Dante again, by the time he was on the show for 6 months his character was firmly established as a good guy. (Of course 6 months was also the point Guza permanently tainted it by having Dante lie about who shot him . . . )

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

I really enjoyed John in Port Charles, for the most part. It was the role and the environment that suited him. Even though they seemed intent on blaming Clint from OLTL for his choices. Well, he's still gone in Llanview today and his kid is like four or five, so whose fault is it now, John? Oh, well.

I would keep Liam as his kid, though. For one thing, I do think the fans of that couple deserve it, and for another, on a personal note I think his deadbeat fatherhood is a testament to who he is.

I think there are still 'good guys' in Port Charles - Dante, Michael, Anna, etc. I just think RC has little to no interest in most of them. Nathan, while a nice enough fellow and passable to me, is just a device to take his shirt off and prop up Kathleen Gati.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 3

The Retconia McBain nonsense aside, McBain was a much better fit in Port Charles.  I found his rapport with mentor Anna and his (at least initial) hate of mobsters delightful.

And yes, that frees Natalie up to a) get a new DNA test to reveal that Liam is Brody's, b) cut him out of her life for good, and c) go out and shake her groove thing with Cutter or even an undead Jared.

I still find it criminal that they didn't cash in on the ridiculous chemistry between ME and FH instead of being dead set on the Caleb/Livvie redux.  

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 3

The biggest Sonny apologist out there? No way girl, no way. :p A Sonny apologist, sure, much to my dismay, but certainly not the biggest.

You're right, I got a wee bit carried away with that... but I still have so much resentment over his lying about Sonny shooting him in the chest. And having anything to do with Sonny at all. You're right, Dante isn't the biggest Sonny apologist out there (Robin is far more guilty of that when it comes down to it) but he's still deeply infected by Sonny's malevolence as most in Port Charles are.

• Love 3

I really enjoyed John in Port Charles, for the most part. It was the role and the environment that suited him. Even though they seemed intent on blaming Clint from OLTL for his choices. Well, he's still gone in Llanview today and his kid is like four or five, so whose fault is it now, John? Oh, well.

I would keep Liam as his kid, though. For one thing, I do think the fans of that couple deserve it, and for another, on a personal note I think his deadbeat fatherhood is a testament to who he is.

It is pretty fitting that John McBain's fictional life ended with him disappearing into an FBI assignment...foreeeeeeever.

And fine, I guess we can keep Liam as John's.  Ryder will be Brody's, Liam will embrace his stepdad Jared as his real father, and Ryder and Liam will one day battle for the heart of Sierra Rose Fish-Lewis. #showinmyhead

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

I still find it criminal that they didn't cash in on the ridiculous chemistry between ME and FH instead of being dead set on the Caleb/Livvie redux.  

I think it's criminal they haven't cashed in on any of the chemistry FH has with almost anyone who isn't friggin Ian Buchanan or Tony Geary. 

• Love 9

I think it's criminal they haven't cashed in on any of the chemistry FH has with almost anyone who isn't friggin Ian Buchanan or Tony Geary. 

And the mistake in the case of Anna and Luke was not just leaving them as friends and confidants (which worked) and instead trying to push a romance with them (which sooooooooooooooooooooo didn't).

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7

And the mistake in the case of Anna and Luke was not just leaving them as friends and confidants (which worked) and instead trying to push a romance with them (which sooooooooooooooooooooo didn't).

I'd very much like to know who was responsible for that travesty so I can give them the proverbial Internet stink-eye. Repeatedly.

• Love 6

There's still time for Anna/Silas.

Meh, I'm over it.  Silas has reinforced everything I already didn't like about Michael Easton's performances and the way Ron tends to write for him.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

Shawn (re: Franco and Heather): No, you're just a moron.

Carly begging Michael to leave with her and talk, and then CD's "you are dead to me" look when he heard her after Sonny in that secret video - after she tried to say it was all a Franco trick.  Good acting there.

Michael repeatedly saying "Sonny,"  "He faced down you and Sonny for me!!" and Carly trying to insist Sonny is Michael's father - really well done. Was not expecting him to agree with Franco though about not caring about him, just being self-serving of themselves and each other. I want to smack Bobbie for saying even a word in Carly's defense - this bitch slept with your husband to get back at you for the 'crime' of giving her up for adoption when you were a teen prostitute

Also, Morgan should be baby daddy because Sonny doesn't give a damn about the girlchild he has. Also, it would probably make for some awkwardness assuming Morgan and Kiki tried to get back together. 

Kiki's incredulous 'how could you be so mean??' look to her buddy NotTodd!Franco and telling him to stop just made me roll my eyes. 

"My only parent is dead." and then telling Carly she  is dead to him. Wow, that was some brilliant acting by CD. Bravo. Go Michael! 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 19
the real Carly - for all her happy talk - would never have given everything up to Franco's trust without an insurance policy. Her mind is too insectoid not to have considered the possibility of this going sideways on her.

Especially when it's something that will utterly destroy her family. There's NO WAY the real Carly would let Franco anywhere near that information willingly. That scene where Carly tells him—because the SERIAL KILLER needs to know she trusts him?!?! So wrong on so many levels. So completely OOC for Carly in any way, shape, or form. If Franco had somehow stumbled across that information—eavesdropping, whatever—that's one thing. But to willingly tell him something that could destroy her family forever? No. way. in. hell.

ETA: Now that I think about it more, Franco should have stumbled across the Sonny-killed-AJ stuff. (It's not as if Sonny and Carly tried all that hard to talk about it in private.) The fallout would be exactly the same, but an essential part of Carly's character wouldn't have been trashed. However you feel about Carly, her self-preservation skills are a vital part of her character.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 7

Chad Duell and Laura Wright did a good job.

lol at Dr O. telling Morgan and Sonny to "shoo".

Nina/Ava blah blah blah.

Nathan/Silas even more blah blah blah. And is every conversation between Obrecht and Nathan gonna include the words, "if you care about me you'll do x y an z"?

Hey, Scott, maybe you should forcibly escort your psycho son out the door instead of letting him drop snarky remarks in the middle of Carly and Michael's conversation?

Carly: you are evil and I will kill you.

Thanks for catching up with the rest of the class, Carly. Except I cry foul. Carly would have wrapped her hands around his throat right then, not turned back around.

Whose idea was it to put Kristen A and Jackie Z next to each other so they could stare dully into the horizon together?

• Love 6

If the red headed stepchild were still playing Michael dear lord...there would be some very "The Omen" like shit going down right now.

At least someone would have lost their head to a falling mirror, and with Carly, Kikaka, and Franco there for the slicing I just wouldn't be able to pick between them. 

Chad is trying, I'll give him that but...I still don't care, I just don't care. I would have never, ever picked AJ to die just so Michael would finally leave Carly and Sonny's dysfunctional orbit for a few months. He should have done that after his rape.

Why the hell did my AJ have to get sacrificed just so people could pull away from Sonny, it can't even be about AJ's loss of life at the end of the day, it's all about Sonny, how it affects Sonny, what it means for Sonny and then Carly on a second go around. For fucks sakes...it never ends.

At least Jake and Liz were too busy figuring out which of the boys' rooms he'd be bunking in to have screen time today, thank the good lord. I just can't take them, if only he had been Jack in "Titanic" because he froze to death and I really wouldn't mind if they traded places at this point.

As for the rest...no comment. Nope, I can't, too much raging inducing happenings all going on at once,  my brain doesn't want to process this mess. 

• Love 3

Carly: you are evil and I will kill you.

Sounds like tonight's the night to go back and rewatch Carly and Franco's Sexy Halloween 2013, and Carly and Franco's escape from Evil Heather this past January! This shit is priceless, I can't stop grinning.

I dunno if Carly would go for Franco right then, though. Sarah Brown's Carly, maybe, in the '90s when she was younger. LW's Carly would make this last.

I honestly want Ava rescued. This whole Nina story turns my stomach.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5

Who else cheered when Micheal looked at Carly and seriously said "You're dead to me." That was beautiful. Micheal's whole speech was made of win. I also love that he pointed out that when Carly wasn't being self serving, she was serving Sonny. And oh! He has one parent! One parent! AJ! Not you, Carly! Nope, not Orange Glow! And not the amnesiac. But AJ! SK did his job by showing him how to act. I suspect RH helped too. There was no SB in that. I also liked the wink from Roger at the end.

Loved Dr O shooing then reading Sonny the riot act. If everyone talked to Sonny like that, the show would be better.

I need to ask......wtf was the horse delivery stuff? It kinda creeped me out, kinda made me laugh. If that shit doesn't make The Soup....then well.

• Love 19

I dunno if Carly would go for Franco right then, though. Sarah Brown's Carly, maybe, in the '90s when she was younger. LW's Carly would make this last.

I don't think she would turn her back on him though. Maybe she'd ask Scott or call the police to get him out of there. He just proved he's insanely angry at her, she should be afraid for their lives.

Sounds like tonight's the night to go back and rewatch Carly and Franco's Sexy Halloween 2013, and Carly and Franco's escape from Evil Heather this past January! This shit is priceless, I can't stop grinning.

"Carleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HXQqaFfRwk#t=277

Oh, and I couldn't believe, although I guess I shouldn't've been surprised, that Carly was still trying to lie her way out of it after the video. Get down on your knees and grovel, woman, it was way too late.

Edited by ulkis