Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

In other news, Dr. Obrecht playing the non-fun principal in Liz and Jake(son)'s high school shenanigans irritates me, as does her having to play a role in Nina's stupid plaaaaans.

Also, is she ever going to have a scene with Britt again?  Wouldn't she be happy to know that her PowerPoint bore success?

Previews...hey, it's Lucas again!  And in a scene with Maxie?  But why are they at Wyndemere?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

I'm perfectly fine with Sonny and Micheal's parent/child relationship being severed. It should have never existed.

Ain't that the truth. What's funny is Carly originally wanted to be a family with Jason....

• Love 1

I'm so over Sonny at this point that I don't even want to see people lining up to tell him to fuck off once the truth comes out. I don't even want to see his reactions or hear his feeble attempts to defend himself. I just want him to fall on a running chainsaw or something and die quickly.

Sonny is beyond played out, and I never even liked him in the 90s. He's not even the biggest problem with the show now, but two decades of Sonny has been mind-numbing.

• Love 7

At the very least Michael needs to change his name.  How could he look in the mirror knowing he's carrying the name of the man who killed his bio-dad?  The thought that he shares the same name and is writing that name on papers for ELQ should make him sick.

At the very least Michael should be Quartermaine and that should never change - even after the eventual predictable forgiveness.

• Love 5
The Michael and Sonny scenes were cheap and stupid to me, none of this is going to matter because Ron never cared about AJ himself to give a rat's ass whether or not he gets the proper "revenge" he deserves.

THIS. THIS. THIS. I've read the wish list story lines over the past couple of days & as usual have been amazed by the detailed thought you all have put into this show. The problem I see is that we want someone to get actual revenge on Sonny & for Sonny to actually pay longer than 5 seconds or until the next sweeps period. This show is not about an in depth fallout revenge plot- It's about "revengey goodness" . Who needs to see hoiw a story actually affects the harmed person/family when you can get "revengey goodness".

• Love 2

I think they heavily foreshadowed Michael both cutting Sonny off and taking A.J.'s family name. I expect both of those to happen, but I don't expect them to last, although they should. Expecting Michael to never have any kind of relationship with Sonny again, however fraught, is unrealistic IMO but I do think it should always be at best deeply strained.

What I do suspect might happen, and think it would be really interesting if it did - and it would probably be my choice - is for the inverse reaction to occur with Morgan, if only for awhile. It's a bit like The Godfather, where everyone else is dead or has betrayed Michael Corleone and then Talia Shire's Connie, the rebellious black sheep, comes crawling back and says she's ready to be a proper sister to him now. Since we've seen him as a young adult, Morgan has always been deeply insecure about his father's love and his place in the family; even though he had a wonderful, loving and relatively domestic upbringing with Jax as a child, as a man he has always seemed to gravitate back towards this conflict/reunification loop with Sonny and his world, trying to reconcile all of that within himself.

I'm gonna respond to this in the Sonny thread.

I think Ron does value/devalue some of the wrong relationships for the wrong reasons. But I also think Michael and Sonny's bond should be shattered, at least for quite some time. I don't think it's realistic for them to be completely disconnected - the drama is in the years Sonny raised him and the love Michael has for him vs. what Sonny did to his real father and real family - but I do think it should be very complicated, very messy.

Of course, this is Ron so Sonny will near-martyr himself sometime next year and that will probably be the half-ass patch job. See also: Victor Jr. raping Marty on OLTL and having a schmoopy romantic story the following summer; Dante weakening on Sonny circa 2012.

• Love 3

I just can't see Billy Miller's Jason hopping wholeheartedly back into the fold with Sonny either, frankly. I'm hoping they pull a hard break as they did with Jason all those years ago, similar to what Doug Marland attempted on ATWT with Holden Snyder, I think - I believe a brain injury took him from noble farm boy to sort of caustic, cerebral business exec. It didn't pan out, but it was an interesting idea, and of course GH did it later with Jason-to-Jasus.

Marland actually didn't want Holden to get his memories back but marland died and story plans for holden changed.

• Love 1

Someone had a line today about being "tired" or something is "tired" and all I could think is that this show is tired.

It's so limp and lifeless to me, the characters take way too much energy to make them tolerable to watch for longer than a few seconds, all the plots are so overused and predictable and bad, and there seems to be nothing to look forward to.

There's no end in sight that makes me think, even for a minute, that this will all be worth it somehow. I see the old characters and they're unrecognizable and all these new characters make me want to zap then with a cattle prod, and speaking of if I have to hear the Nina drag out another "Mmmoooommmmmyyyyyyyy" I will lose it.

*Sighs* There's just not enough alcohol to get through this show anymore, I swear to god.

Also I think Ron cares far more for so called "romantic" connections than family, like parents and kids and extended relatives. I just see that being his main purpose with all this shit, creating hook ups, breaking up hook ups, having people trade partners like they're all playing a game of musical chairs.

I think one of the biggest driving forces behind Michael finding out Sonny killed AJ is that it will drive him into the arms of another woman, Rosalie anyone?, once he finds out Kikaka knew the truth, and then she and Morgan can find solace together as Michael spurs then both, and of course Sonny will need someone's vagina to fall into to ease his pain as usual, and so it will go on and on and on...

• Love 4

Of course, this is Ron so Sonny will near-martyr himself sometime next year and that will probably be the half-ass patch job.

Don't forget, they already have one band-aid in place with the kids not knowing that Sonny arranged Alice's heart transplant.

• Love 4
Don't forget, they already have one band-aid in place with the kids not knowing that Sonny arranged Alice's heart transplant.

And that "dirty WHORE SLUT BAG of a backstabber" Ava totally played and tricked and fooled and bamboozled him into shooting AJ and she really killed Connie too so technically he didn't do anything all that bad, it's always a female's fault at the end of the day after all. If he isn't thinking with his penis then what else is there? His brain? Hah!

• Love 5

And for Michael that still shouldn't mean a damn thing since it didn't bring the guy he shot back from the dead.

I do think that and the hiding of the guy who Michael killed will in some way dilute what Sonny did.

Okay, I don't know who the heck that was, but it wasn't Jason Morgan.  It was embarrassing frankly.  "I'm the King of the World!"  Seriously????  On what planet would Jason Morgan EVER utter those words?  Also, for a guy who has no memory, and we know that Jason never saw Titanic or has any knowledge of pop culture, there is no way that even memory-less Jake would have uttered that statement.  Then he high-fives Elizabeth?  I have no words.  At this point, RC is not even trying to write Jason Morgan at this point.

I'm bored with Nina and Ava and Kiki too.  The only thing of interest to me is Michael getting closer to the truth.  The betrayal he is going to feel is going to be epic, if written properly.  Standing with Sonny in AJ's crypt and discussing his killer while Sonny lies to his son's face - Michael is going to remember all of that - or at least I hope that RC writes it accurately.  I'm getting a bit nervous considering how badly he is botching the Jakeson character.

I did love Ned, Lord Ashton, and Tracy.  Can they sign Wally to a contract already?  I love Ned.

• Love 6

RC is not even trying to write Jason Morgan at this point.

Yep. I think he's purposely writing Jason as a completely different person. I think Ron thinks it's cute that he's doing these OTT, jarring things...like joking, smiling, laughing, mocking, etc.

• Love 1
Okay, I don't know who the heck that was, but it wasn't Jason Morgan.  It was embarrassing frankly.  "I'm the King of the World!"  Seriously????  On what planet would Jason Morgan EVER utter those words?  Also, for a guy who has no memory, and we know that Jason never saw Titanic or has any knowledge of pop culture, there is no way that even memory-less Jake would have uttered that statement.  Then he high-fives Elizabeth?  I have no words.  At this point, RC is not even trying to write Jason Morgan at this point

Bishop I am not sure I have agreed with you so strongly about anything before, heh, but I can't agree more with this if I tried.

It's like a big joke, but the joke's on us as usual because while I was no fan of Steve, for many, many reasons, this is not the way to "re-imagine" a legacy character, imho, it's just like the SERIAL KILLER all over again. How do you "fix" a terrible, heartless, cold killer? Make him funny, make him silly and goofy, it's...so tiresome.

And he looks like he's 25 on top of it. Seeing Billy in the previews with Chad...come on, they look like they're brothers ffs! Billy doesn't even look older than Dante to me...

• Love 5

Bishop I am not sure I have agreed with you so strongly about anything before, heh, but I can't agree more with this if I tried.

It's like a big joke, but the joke's on us as usual because while I was no fan of Steve, for many, many reasons, this is not the way to "re-imagine" a legacy character, imho, it's just like the SERIAL KILLER all over again. How do you "fix" a terrible, heartless, cold killer? Make him funny, make him silly and goofy, it's...so tiresome.

And he looks like he's 25 on top of it. Seeing Billy in the previews with Chad...come on, they look like they're brothers ffs! Billy doesn't even look older than Dante to me...

I agree with you on all points as well.  I have no idea who the heck that was today, but it wasn't Jason Morgan.  I don't think RC has any real respect for GH characters, and it's all about his actors - the ones HE hires.  Whether people like Jason or SBu or hate him/them, the integrity of the character and consistency should be respected.  RC just mocks everything.  He mocked Michael's rape "What rape?" by Franco.  He had Carly fall in love with Franco when her character would have slit his throat if written true to character.  Michael never would have fallen for Kiki and hurt his brother, if he had been written true to character.  Then Kiki and Franco moved into the Q mansion and was putting down AJ, as if THEY were superior to him as characters.  Now we have this mockery of Jason Morgan.  I'm getting very discouraged with my favorite soap because RC just doesn't respect it or rather he favors HIS actors over GH actors.

Also, BM does look too young to play Jason.  I mean even in the preview, CD is towering over BM, and yes, I know, Jake was in a wheelchair, but Jake/BM still looked small and young.  It's probably why the writing suddenly had Michael referring to Jason as "like an older brother" when everyone knows that Michael has considered Jason like a second father.  Heck, Jason WAS MIchael's father for all intents and purposes over Carly and Sonny.  Those two never raised Michael.  They just need him to take care of them and prop them up by telling them how wonderful they are.  I can't wait for that implosion of Michael's love and trust for them.

Lastly, I can't take the Liz/Jake thing either.  They should just stitch themselves together.  So I guess now Jakeson will be in love with Elizabeth and he won't love Sam?  Yeah okay.  

• Love 2

Reaming out is nice, but what Michael needs to do persistently is ignore Sonny - that'll be what really cuts. People have yelled at Sonny before. He assumes, rightly, that they'll get over it. When Morgan was ranting at him post crypt-sex you could tell he was like, "okay, I'll just let the kid have his temper tantrum, whatever". He'll do the same post AJ reveal. It'll be the actions afterwards that count.

This.  When /If the truth comes out about what Sonny did, I'd like to see a scene where everyone just stares at Sonny for a second, then everyone just turns around and, one by one, leaves, while Sonny stands there looking defensive and slightly panicking.  Then, a couple of days later, have a scene where Sonny shows up at Michael's demanding that he listen to his explanation and Michael says nothing, just shuts his door in his father's face.  Sonny shows up somewhere, and everyone just silently gets up and leaves.  By Christmas he's sitting alone in his penthouse, slugging alcohol, playing with a gun and ranting on and on about how they'll all come around, they'll see, he had to do it, they can't just keep on ignoring him, he's an IMPORTANT MAN, a BIG MAN, they all come crawling back to him...

In my wildest dreams I see him ringing in New Year's Eve with a bullet to the head.  His body isn't found until 2 days later when the maid comes to clean up because no one came to see him over the holiday.

Reading some of this, I have one long list of those I want dead. Sigh. I think a harder question would be who I want to keep drawing air...

MAC:  "Hey, where did everybody go?"

I'm curious, jsbt, why do you think it's unrealistic for Michael to cut Sonny out of his life forever? 

If I may expand on what jsbt said, this writing regime basically writes stories that go around in a big circle, with lots of "explosive drama", only to end up right back to the status quo.  So no matter what happens in the Sonny-Shot-A.J saga, it's going to end up right back where it started - with Sonny as the macho patriarch ruling not-so-benevolently over his "family" and Port Charles.

Okay, I don't know who the heck that was, but it wasn't Jason Morgan.  It was embarrassing frankly.  "I'm the King of the World!"  Seriously????  On what planet would Jason Morgan EVER utter those words?

Jason Morgan, no, but Jason Quartermaine?  RC, you bring back Jason Quartermaine and have the loathsome brain-damaged hitman be gone forever, and I will not say mean things about you for an entire week.  Maybe even a week and a half.

At this point, RC is not even trying to write Jason Morgan at this point.

Good.

Edited by yowsah1
  • Love 11

Okay, I don't know who the heck that was, but it wasn't Jason Morgan.  It was embarrassing frankly.  "I'm the King of the World!"  Seriously????  On what planet would Jason Morgan EVER utter those words?  Also, for a guy who has no memory, and we know that Jason never saw Titanic or has any knowledge of pop culture, there is no way that even memory-less Jake would have uttered that statement.  Then he high-fives Elizabeth?  I have no words.  At this point, RC is not even trying to write Jason Morgan at this point.

I'm bored with Nina and Ava and Kiki too.  The only thing of interest to me is Michael getting closer to the truth.  The betrayal he is going to feel is going to be epic, if written properly.  S

I so agree.  That guy was no more Jason Morgan than Ron C. is a decent writer.  Not only did Jason not know pop culture, he didn't know any culture.  The guy made a petri dish look smart.  I quite like Billy Miller, but he really only has one persona - the wise-cracking guy with a lopsided smile.  If they were going to recast Jason Morgan they could have saved the big bucks and just gone with a sock puppet.  

You really hit the whole problem with everything square on.  As you say, if it's written properly.  And from what we've seen it's practically a guarantee that it won't be.  

Today felt like Ron C. wrote it with a hammer.  Michael and Mumble the Moobster in the crypt - "love you son, love you dad, hate whoever killed AJ, oh son, revenge is no good" BAM! on our head with the hammer.  NotJason and Liz - BAM!  Nina and her mommy, Botox Sally, BAM!!  Ava and Rosalie, BAM!!!!  Dickhead and Dickforbrains aka Franco and Carly, DOUBLE BAM BAM!!!!!

We get it, Show, oh how we get it.

Jason Morgan, no, but Jason Quartermaine?

For me this guy isn't Jason Q either. Steve did his best work as Jason Q, hands down imho, when he was Jason Q he was tolerable, well at least he wasn't a smug, blank staring murderer.

But this guy, whoever he is, reminds me of not even an iota of Jason Q. He was a well established character, he didn't just exist for a couple of week and spent that time giggling and cracking stupid jokes. He was next in line to take over the Qs, he had a personality that was well fleshed out, and this, whatever it is that Ron is pulling straight from between his buttocks doesn't jive with who Jason Q was in the slightest. I don't care if he has amnesia, that just isn't cutting it for what's being written right now.

No he isn't Jason Morgan either, he just isn't Jason period as far as I'm concerned. Whichever poster said this show is a "spoof" now today was just a spot on example of that, imo. I feel as if Ron is determined somehow to send this show back to the 90s or 80s.

It's probably why the writing suddenly had Michael referring to Jason as "like an older brother" when everyone knows that Michael has considered Jason like a second father.  Heck, Jason WAS MIchael's father for all intents and purposes over Carly and Sonny

Right, his "big brother" who married his aunt and took care of him since birth practically. So I guess that makes Sonny Jason's father now as well?

The re-writing is out of control at this point, just out of control, it's like he's trying for the absolute absurd. Ron just wanted Billy on this show, screw the real history behind Jason either as a Q or a Morgan. And I don't even like the character, never really have, but if this is how his return is being handled he was far better off as fish food, and we were far better off as well.

Edited by CPP83

I really have zero interest in whether they are honoring Jason Morgan. Jason Morgan should have been dead years ago. The further they can take Jason away from that iteration of the character the happier I am. And I think Billy Miller is doing fine.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 14

The Titanic reference was lame, but the thing that irks me the most is the way Liz is so firmly glued to his backside. It's beyond gross at this point.

Besides Ava being Ava and Liesl being Liesl, I couldn't get enthused.

• Love 3

The Titanic reference was lame, but the thing that irks me the most is the way Liz is so firmly glued to his backside.

It reminds me of Denny/Izzie on Grey's. Someone needs to be like, "Um. You're a bit too cozy with the patient, Lizzie." She's already throwing the "love" word around. And I don't care about the context.

• Love 1

I so agree.  That guy was no more Jason Morgan than Ron C. is a decent writer.  Not only did Jason not know pop culture, he didn't know any culture.  The guy made a petri dish look smart.  I quite like Billy Miller, but he really only has one persona - the wise-cracking guy with a lopsided smile.  If they were going to recast Jason Morgan they could have saved the big bucks and just gone with a sock puppet.  

You really hit the whole problem with everything square on.  As you say, if it's written properly.  And from what we've seen it's practically a guarantee that it won't be.  

Today felt like Ron C. wrote it with a hammer.  Michael and Mumble the Moobster in the crypt - "love you son, love you dad, hate whoever killed AJ, oh son, revenge is no good" BAM! on our head with the hammer.  NotJason and Liz - BAM!  Nina and her mommy, Botox Sally, BAM!!  Ava and Rosalie, BAM!!!!  Dickhead and Dickforbrains aka Franco and Carly, DOUBLE BAM BAM!!!!!

We get it, Show, oh how we get it.

I hated Jason Morgan and was thrilled when he was drop kicked and made into fish food. I hated how he was a SERIAL-KILLING HIT MAN yet the wimmins fought for his blank-stared wuv. Hate, Hate, HATE.

Now, that said?

It's inevitable that some things change when a character is recast. Every actor is different. BUT usually, at least the frame work of that character remains for the actor to draw from. Whatever RC's/FV's beef with SBu, the character of the Holy Hitman was almost 20-years-old. So to erase the entire character is asinine to suit Billy Miller. You want a lopsided grin and jokes?

Write a whole new fucking character with a blank slate. But don't completely shrug off the past - even if we hated it, as it WAS part of the history.

And it seems like - aside from the wimmins fighting for this "stranger's" peen a la Jasus of old - that is what is going on, and that denotes failure and a case of a writer who can't do his job for shit.

Not that I ever suspected otherwise where RC is concerned.

• Love 2

The whole "love' line was...painful is the best word I can come up with. Everything about those two is painful, so painfully obvious as a relationship meant to push a plot forward, nothing more, calling what they have hollow seems too generous. Ron is fast forwarding through all kinds of shit at the moment.

Ava's pregnancy has been sped up? Slowed down? I can't even keep track without risk of whiplash. The baby is now due in weeks? Since when? Her belly is barely half the proper size, so I guess when we next see Ava her stomach will be the size of Kikaka's head to make up for lost time.

But then what was with all the panicking about Silas trying to keep the baby inside her if it's merely weeks from full term? That's hardly an emergency, oh wait, someone wrote those scenes before realizing they were literally five months off, give or take, and now they're trying to make it work so that Ava doesn't end up delivering a baby the size of Morgan as if she's an elephant who's been pregnant for 2 years.

And in this land of ever changing time lines Jakson's magically healing scars will have completely vanished by then and he'll be busy trying to find a place to stay and of course Liz will have to come up with something, hey I know maybe he can rent the penthouse across from Sam and Danny and Patrick who will have practically moved in by then, Emma will probably be off on some remote island being wooed by Spencer with Cameron talking Joss into using her father's jet to take them there so he can win back his woman, and certainly Liz won't notice because she'll needs to keep her vagina open in case Jakson just miraculously happens to fall into it and Carly will be too busy fending off the SERIAL KILLER while Sonny weeps in her lap from his great man pain due to "losing" Michael.

Write a whole new fucking character with a blank slate. But don't completely shrug off the past - even if we hated it, as it WAS part of the history.

Preach it. This is what Ron has been doing since day one, imo, he doesn't give two flying fucks about the past, for any character. He writes whatever he's in the mood for and re-writes if necessary, and re-writes, and re-writes and fires and then re-writes some more. 

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 4
The betrayal he is going to feel is going to be epic, if written properly.​

So, it's going to suck, then?  

I really want Sonny (and Carly, although to a slightly lesser extent) to suffer.  Really really suffer.  But I am not getting my hopes up for any real change in Michael's relationship with them.  He'll be pissed for a day or two, go storming around, maybe tell some people to shut up, but in the end, he'll go right back to Sonny and Carly.  I mean, Dante, who Sonny actually shot in the chest with the intent to kill him, and his mother couldn't stay mad at Sonny for more than 2 commercial breaks.  I really *want* to believe we could get more out of this, but I'm afraid it's just going to be more of the same.  I hate Sonny so much, and not even in a "soap villain hate" kind of way; he's just an awful character whose story lines suck because he never actually suffers or grows or changes at all, played by an actor who I don't think is even trying anymore.  

ETA: The anvils were even more irritating today. Franco asking "How long have you two been best friends?"  God, shut UP, show.  

Edited by Turtle
  • Love 5

For me, the thing is that the history of Jason is built on writing a whole new character from scratch depending on their whims at the time. And Jason has a history of crazy brain injuries and big questions of what he will remember, who he will be, whether his personality will change - they have teased and teased that over the years but never gone through with it. All of this is in the texture of the character - what has he become? Will he change? Will he change back? So this is nothing new.

They may not even pull the trigger now. Jason could remember everything next month and go back to wearing black and being Sonny's right-hand boy for the next 20 years. But for me, watching Jason change again is exciting. He has amnesia, that is a temporary storyline. I am sure he will end up remembering Sam and his son and his relationships with the people in Sonny's world in time - I think it's only right that he should be torn between those two worlds. But I have no interest in seeing him go back to being the man he was. The only thing more boring than an amnesia storyline was seeing Steve Burton play it in 2005 with absolutely no difference in the character.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 6

This "Jake" or Jakeson guy is a Jason haters dream. Love it and his Titanic cringeworthy referencing ass. Only if they allow him to hate Sonny and the mob too and that'll just be icing on the cake.

Also, don't care if Liz is "glued" to Jake. Bitch is always working unlike most of these heifers on this show, so if she spends a little more time with the charming amnesiac then other patients (that don't pertain to the show and/or plot point of time, so there is no reason to see her with them) then so be it. Oh well I'll enjoy their scenes for as long as he's smiling, flirting and nonBorg like.

• Love 7
But for me, watching Jason change again is exciting

For me it's anything but, it's tired and old and played out. It was bad enough the first time, now it's up to Ron to write him over again and the man can't even write his own original creations half decently, imo.

Already Jakson is proving to be some sort of Jason hybrid from hell, to me it's pointless. Why even bring him back to just make him over again? So everyone can suddenly try and have a new relationship with a guy who should have died years ago? What fun.

Frankly I never thought Jason deserved all the fuss he got turning from Jason Q into Jason Morgan, and now it's happening all over again as if Jason is such a corner stone of PC that he must be brought back. I lost Alan and AJ but yet Jason is given a third fucking chance at life and what do they have him doing but sniffing up Liz's scrubs, quoting from "Titanic" and finding it so clever how he can annoy Dr. O. It's enough to cause a migraine.

This "Jake" or Jakeson guy is a Jason haters dream

Not mine, he's a nightmare. He's the Franco Jason because Ron can't write anything else apparently. When in doubt and unable to come up with anything original throw out 90s lingo and make them giggle and giggle often.

• Love 2

The whole "love' line was...painful is the best word I can come up with. Everything about those two is painful, so painfully obvious as a relationship meant to push a plot forward, nothing more, calling what they have hollow seems too generous. Ron is fast forwarding through all kinds of shit at the moment.

Sadly, this is what's happening with practically every relationship on the show. It's so aggravating. I want to like the couples and I can't!!!

It's inevitable that some things change when a character is recast. Every actor is different. BUT usually, at least the frame work of that character remains for the actor to draw from. Whatever RC's/FV's beef with SBu, the character of the Holy Hitman was almost 20-years-old. So to erase the entire character is asinine to suit Billy Miller. You want a lopsided grin and jokes?

While I agree that this iteration of Jason has nothing in common with the original, I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. The Jason we knew (and most of us hated) was a blinking, staring automaton with the emotional range of a fire hydrant. Had his head not met that tree, he'd have likely become a doctor or something actually worthwhile, not a killer for hire. The fact that people (on the show, not the viewers) held him up as some kind of paragon is exactly the kind of "Bad is good" morality you'd find on The Sopranos. And as someone else said either way upthread or in another topic, "it's show history" is what's kept Sonny and Carly hanging around like a couple of cancers for two decades. Because they're veteran characters played by veteran actors, they're entrenched, and I don't think dynamite could blast them out of their places, particularly since Benard just re-signed. I don't think that history should be respected if that history is part of what helped put the show in the gutter in the first place.

With that said, I don't disagree that this isn't being handled very well. I loathed Jason, and I'm mostly only tolerating this version because he's got actual facial expressions and says more than three words at the time. And I wish they'd take him out of Liz's orbit, or take her out of his backside. But as long as he isn't standing around like a cigar store Indian dispensing "wisdom" with the flat stare of a lizard, I don't want him dead again. Yet.

• Love 2

This has already been mentioned, but it tickles me to no end....Jakeson's magically healing face is a thing of pure comic gold.  I know it's a soap, and some logic needs to be suspended.  I can deal with a dude having total facial/eye/throat/height/teeth/stomach/arm/feet reconstruction and being able to talk/joke/smile 2 days later. Fine.  Let's roll with it.   But dude's facial lacerations healed between talking to Carly and being wheeled back to stalke..-I mean Liz and Dr O.

And yup.  My Liz hate is back, full force.  It's funny how that happens.  Her voice drives me up the wall.   If I have to endure much more of this ridiculous Liakeson bonding I am going to scream. 

And I love how Franco STILL glosses over the fact that he fucked over Sam and Mikey.  Yeah, great.   You showed tapes proving you didn't actually rape Sam.  And the whole blah de blah with Carter.  But hey, psycho asshole.  You still made her THINK she was raped for a YEAR and believe she was carrying her rapists child.  No, sorry, you are not off the hook.  POS.

• Love 6

Actually, re: Jason, forget Titanic, how the HELL does he know any German? He wouldn't. I guess Jason Quartermaine could have had some stored somewhere.

But you know who definitely would? [whisper]Lucky[/whisper]. Alright, alright, I'll stop with the BM-should-have-been-Lucky stuff.

I lost Alan and AJ but yet Jason is given a third fucking chance at life and what do they have him doing but sniffing up Liz's scrubs, quoting from "Titanic" and finding it so clever how he can annoy Dr. O. It's enough to cause a migraine.

The "booyah! gimme a high five" stuff is also kind of annoying because it's just one more thing that's making him seem too young for the role. But it's still early days. Hopefully this will all be much more interesting once people realize he's the Jasus.

• Love 1

I honestly fear BM as Lucky would've turned Lucky into a Luke clone, jawing it up with Tony Geary even worse than the pervy bond he had with Ethan, like the Smuggersons. And that's not who the real Lucky was, IMO. He was/is better than what Luke has become in so many ways.

I think making Billy Miller Jason - with his best work in daytime being so far removed from anything Steve Burton ever did in the role - forces both him and the character to stretch.

But you know who definitely would? [whisper]Lucky[/whisper]. Alright, alright, I'll stop with the BM-should-have-been-Lucky stuff.

Stop making so much sense! It burns!

Honestly though I can see that he and Becky click, the two Bs are actually getting along really well and if Billy had been Lucky this would actually work, imo, at least  make sense on the level of them seeming to know each other "so well" and blah blah.

Plus it'd tie into the notLuke crap and perhaps that could be wrapped up. So much potential and yet...I think Ron is allergic to it, truly, that and being successful at his job.

The "booyah! gimme a high five" stuff is also kind of annoying because it's just one more thing that's making him seem too young for the role. But it's still early days. Hopefully this will all be much more interesting once people realize he's the Jasus.

What is it with the "booyah"s? I am at a loss truthfully, is that just how Ron thinks people should speak when they're fresh out of a coma or something? Why is he so weird?

If the show wasn't obsessed with undead characters and everyone being related to someone else, this Billy Miller dude could just play an honest-to-God new character, with no family in town and a whole past we could learn about over time. Imagine that!

A wholly new character would have been refreshing. Jason did NOT need to come back.

Usually . . . but the show is stuffed to the gills right now. A few characters would have to leave before they brought on someone as a whole new character, especially since they recently brought in Nathan, who is the totally new character, new young hunk in town. However if they had gotten rid of him and made Billy Miller a whole new character in place of him, that probably would have been a better idea.

Edited by ulkis
Actually, re: Jason, forget Titanic, how the HELL does he know any German? He wouldn't. I guess Jason Quartermaine could have had some stored somewhere.

If old Jason was a robot then this Jason is a cyborg, with the rapid healing face and now knowing foreign languages off the top of his amnesic head, yep he's a cyborg.

Oh, no, the booyah was me, not Jason/Ron. At least, not this time.

Oh gotcha, I just...I can't forget the Nina's outbursts, I think it scared me for life.

Usually . . . but the show is stuffed to the gills right now. A few characters would have to leave before they brought on someone as a whole new character, especially since they recently brought in Nathan, who is the totally new character, new young hunk in town. However if they had gotten rid of him and made Billy Miller a whole new character in place of him, that probably would have been a better idea.

Can you imagine Billy playing the son of Dr. O? That...might actually have been horrific enough to be entertaining, at least in the beginning. 

Edited by CPP83

For me it's anything but, it's tired and old and played out. It was bad enough the first time, now it's up to Ron to write him over again and the man can't even write his own original creations half decently, imo.

Jason as a character was tired and old and played out. All he did was glare and blink. I was happy as hell when Faison booted him into the harbr. Greatest GH day in years.

Was dreading his return, so am pleasantly surprised that amnesia boy is nothing like the Sainted Hitman at all. Don't care if its OOC or bad writing. I don't like RCs writing either, but ain't going to be mad if he erases St Jasus from the canvas forever.

• Love 9

Well, there are definitely a bazillion too many characters (half of whom belong in jail and/or a padded cell and off of our screens).

But if they insist on wedging one more person in, it might as well be someone fresh ... instead of yet another incarnation of people fawning over Jason. And, I'm sure, eventually talking about his fucking damaged brain some more.

ETA: I realize Nathan is the resident newbie right now, but to my mind he doesn't count - he's yet another expansion of the awful Dr O family.

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 2

I thought Jason being dead did plenty to erase him from the show.

He just isn't necessary anymore, imo. He should have stayed dead and I still have a teeny tiny bit of hope that not even Ron is so dense that he thinks Billy is really playing the real Jason and this is all part of some fake out he's planned. But since that doesn't seem to be the case...

Why is Lucas hanging out with Maxie at Nik's place? Are they on Spencer babysitting duty? Is that her new job? Is it's Lucas' new job? Is he a male nanny now? Maybe if he had a place of his own to live in or something...perhaps he can share half the park lawn with Julian.

• Love 1

There probably will be a fakeout years down the road, ala the 2 Todd's storyline. He's not called ReRon for nothing.

Liking Jake, but agree the show is better without Jason. Already getting tired of the "you seem familiar" line that every single character close to Jake is going to say to him. It's going to be a long long winter.

• Love 1