Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Oh man, I just had a horrible, horrible thought.  Is Jason going to come in and save Carly from whatever Franco has planned for her?  I hope not, I hope he stays in the Robin/Patrick/Sam s/l, but I just know Carly and Liz are going to suction onto him like barnacles on a wrecked boat.

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 1

Alexis, I'ma need you to stop acting like an idiot schoolgirl whenever you're around Julian.

Have you seen Julian??!!  I act like an idiot schoolgirl and he's on the other side of my tv screen!!

• Love 15

Bring in a hot new doctor in glasses, make him something other than a surgeon, like a neurologist, and make him single. "I am here to save patients and bang single women, and the ward beds are empty!". Ditch 90% of the mob crap, and bring in more nurses and female doctors, and let that stew boil on the stove.

I still wonder why it was that, given the popularity of HOUSE M.D., GH never brought on a doctor character that was a diagnostician. That way s/he could have her/his fingers in any even vaguely medically related plot. "One thing we can be sure of, it's not lupus!"

Oh man, I just had a horrible, horrible thought. Is Jason going to come in and save Carly from whatever Franco has planned for her? I hope not, I hope he stays in the Robin/Patrick/Sam s/l, but I just know Carly and Liz are going to suction onto him like barnacles on a wrecked boat.

There is no Robin/Patrick/Sam s/l, there's only the Patrick/Sam/Jason triangle. To have a Robin/Patrick/Sam s/l, Robin would have to be a permanent fixture on canvas, and she isn't. I expect that, if they don't go the triangle route, it will be Sam/Patrick/Liz/Jason. Although I could see Ron doing Sam/Patrick/Carly/Jason. Think of how "soapy" it would be if Robin came back to discover Patrick in Csrly's arms!

• Love 1

I still wonder why it was that, given the popularity of HOUSE M.D., GH never brought on a doctor character that was a diagnostician. That way s/he could have her/his fingers in any even vaguely medically related plot. "One thing we can be sure of, it's not lupus!"

There is no Robin/Patrick/Sam s/l, there's only the Patrick/Sam/Jason triangle. To have a Robin/Patrick/Sam s/l, Robin would have to be a permanent fixture on canvas, and she isn't. I expect that, if they don't go the triangle route, it will be Sam/Patrick/Liz/Jason. Although I could see Ron doing Sam/Patrick/Carly/Jason. Think of how "soapy" it would be if Robin came back to discover Patrick in Csrly's arms!

True, not a legitimate triangle/square/some shape with Robin, but I think they will still be referencing her for awhile.  So, she'll still be there as an "obstacle" for Patrick and Sam, and Jason and Sam, and Patrick and whoever, even though she and Patrick will be officially divorced.  Patrick may forget about her, but I don't think (hope) all of the other characters will.  And Jason and Carly gives me the willies.  I will laugh at the tire tracks on Franco's body as Carly zooms past him to get to Jason, though.   

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 1

Because at least Todd didn't personally and repeatedly terrorize and victimize her son, her daughter, and, probably most importantly to Carly, her Jason.

No, but he did steal Jason's son... which, if Carly were ever written true to form (something Ron just doesn't do), she would never forgive and consider a lifelong blackmark that deserved death at the very least.

I still say that Todd and Carly didn't make sense. Todd Manning wouldn't go near Carly blah blah Whogivesashit on a dare. He's never had any use for the mob or their molls much less anyone who has children with them and is, therefore, deeply tied to said mob guys. In too many ways, Todd and Carly were too much alike... in all of the worst ways... to be able to deal with each other. Carly, for her part, may like expensive things... but she is trash through and through. She has no use for 'legitimate' power (and Todd is not a powerful man -- he does go to jail and he doesn't have fancy lawyers (for the most part) to get him out of trouble... he skips town instead.) Carly will always want the power that Sonny and Jason wielded behind her. She wouldn't give two shits about a legit business man. How many times did she cheat on Jax? With Sonny?

All that aside, Franco is utterly perplexing as a choice for Carly. That's not how she rolls. It never was. Franco is a psychopath. Just full on psychotic. He has looked into the eyes of Cthulu type crazy and Carly, for all that she's a fucking wrecking ball of a human being has never been remotely attracted to that. She's empty inside rather like Sonny, looking for a means to fill the void with power even more than money. Sonny can generally be reasoned with. Jason was/is brain damaged and that's the only excuse there as to why he put up with the other two. Sonny and Carly want the same kind of thing, the power and money they get by destroying anyone around them that has 'hurt' them or possibly insulted them or, even worse, has something they want and feel they deserve.

Franco's just nuts. He had his Art... which was killing people and didn't pretend there was anything 'noble' like an alleged code. He's just a fucking lunatic. And Carly would never be a party to that shit. Her freak flag flies on a far more mundane level.

So, you know, by all means... jettison her right back to Sonny, it's the only thing that makes sense for her character. What's more, she gets off on pretending that the life she screeches to Sonny about keeping from their children is the very same life she firmly ensconced them in and would. not. budge. EVER. Why? For that same power and control... she's got no finesse so mob 'power' is exactly the kind she wants and desires.

Which is not anything Todd Manning would have ever given her (he wanted to get back to Blair and his kids and live their creepy, spooky, ooky Addams Family life.) And it's not something Jax would have given her, either, because Jax was a good and decent man -- a fallible man -- but not one to set off car bombs and get involved in firefights. Jax was legit and he treated Carly well... something she clearly couldn't handle or reciprocate for any length of time. And it's certainly not anything a complete nutbar like Franco can ever provide.

The weird thing is, Carly went and handed so much power to Franco with the information about Sonny shooting AJ that now she's completely stuck. If she were remotely human I might feel bad for her in that she was her own worst enemy setting all of this in motion... stubbornly latching onto Franco as some bizarre Jason substitute and then digging her heels in whenever anyone questioned it. But, as I said, she's such an atrocity of a person that I really don't feel bad for her at all.

It's not even enough to make up for the way she's devoured a show I loved and shit out the remains to what it is now. (She and Sonny and Jason are all responsible -- character-wise -- as far as I'm concerned.)

• Love 11

Two things that I was thinking while watching today:

1. It was SELF-DEFENSE and you have a non-mob person as a witness. Do NOT let the idiots cover this up for you Michael or you may be raped in prison. Learn from your mistakes even if your parents do not. ** CAN NOT wait until Michael finds out about Sonny shooting AJ and Carly keeping the secret and is done with them forever.

2. Julexis is HAWT! I loved how a little Canadian accent came out when William DeVry said "That's not going to hoppen." So cute! 

• Love 1

True, not a legitimate triangle/square/some shape with Robin, but I think they will still be referencing her for awhile.  So, she'll still be there as an "obstacle" for Patrick and Sam, and Jason and Sam, and Patrick and whoever, even though she and Patrick will be officially divorced.  Patrick may forget about her, but I don't think (hope) all of the other characters will.  And Jason and Carly gives me the willies.  I will laugh at the tire tracks on Franco's body as Carly zooms past him to get to Jason, though.

Robin is not even an obstacle for anyone at this point, even in passing. Patty's only hurdle with Sam is she's not ready and him keeping the Jason seeekrit from her.

I'm now wondering how stupid they'll write Jason when he's back to "normal" and also doesn't give Robin another thought.

• Love 3

So Shawn shows up to save Michael, and Michael still has to save himself AND kill the gunman?  LOL  Shawn needs a new job.  Although I do get the argument against covering up another self-defense shooting, I'm not sure the police or the prosecutors would believe that Michael was forced to kill TWO people in self-defense.  I have a feeling that Rosalie is not exactly a paragon of virtue by how scared she was about having to testify.  As CEO of ELQ, it would also hurt the Quartermaines.  So I get the reason for the cover-up.  

I like this side of Michael - violent but calm.  It reminds me of Jason.  As for him and Rosalie, I am liking them more and more, and yes, I'll admit that I like them, partially, because it's going to make Kiki's head explode, but they do have chemistry.  Her hypocrisy is ASTOUNDING to me.  She gets Morgan to lie for her because she feels Michael can't be trusted.  Then when she learns a secret that she feels he should be told, her argument is "You can trust Michael.  He's kept my confidence once before."  Does she even listen to herself?  Ugh!

I do love how Sonny openly despises Franco and hasn't drunk the kool-aid.  I love how he completely laughs at the "tumor" excuse.  I can love him for that alone, but I am also happy that the AJ/Sonny reveal is finally moving forward.  So is the Fluke storyline.  There are a number of things making me happy about GH right now:

Aj/Sonny reveal moving forward

Fluke reveal moving forward

Maxie and Nathan

Kiki and Michael breaking up - hopefully

Michael and Rosalie (because it would piss off Kiki)

Julian and Alexis - Julian is sexy

I just need some Kevin Collins.  God knows Port Charles can use a shrink.  

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 1

No, but he did steal Jason's son... which, if Carly were ever written true to form (something Ron just doesn't do), she would never forgive and consider a lifelong blackmark that deserved death at the very least.

THIS...so much this.  

Of all the OOC shit they have written into Carly, I still cannot get over how much she handwaved away Todd conspiring to keep Danny away from Sam and Jason.  She said she'd go to the mat with Jason for him????  IN WHAT UNIVERSE???  Ron missed the biggest aspect of Carly's personality right then and there.  It has been the longest character trait she has had.  Never in a million years would she have done anything of the sort.

Rage blackout.

• Love 4

Heatlifer -  I'm sure they'll make it so he won't remember a thing about Robin or Helena or what happened at Crichton Clark.  Because...suspense, or something. 

Was the Skype call Robin/KMc's last scene? I thought there would be a few more, but I don't know why I thought that.  I hate how open-ended that part of the story is.  I don't want Robin to be forgotten that easily. 

• Love 1

As I recover from my rage black out I realized that I didn't really comment on the Rosie actress' performance today, or should I say "How to Prove You're a C Actor in 5 Easy Steps!". Holy cow she was just all over the place and none of it was good, not even a little bit imho. Maybe she's been taking lessons from Kristen on how to overact in the worst way possible during "dramatic" scenes.

And of course the whole time Chad's face barely flashed a hint of interest or life. I get that he is the "calm" Michael, but really he's the lifeless Michael as far as I'm concerned, the character isn't supposed to be some robot, show a little fear, a little anxiety, a little hyperactive and nervous energy considering you just killed someone, whether in self defense or not. He hasn't been smack dab in the middle of mob warfare to be so in control and panic free, imho, it doesn't jive with the character's upbringing and experience, unless it's a little bit of his former psycho self from his younger days making a appearance.

He may as well have been waiting for a pizza delivery. Most of the time I just feel as if his acting, and I call it that generously, never really matches up well with the energy/writing in his scenes, even if they are crap scenes most of the time. He's stuck on snooze/boring.

It reminds me of Jason

I agree it reminds me of Steve's Jason aka "The Borg", lifeless, detached and boring as hell.

Plus why the hell wouldn't Michael, who has supposedly been all about trying to walk the straight and narrow and all that bs, just let the cops handle things for once? He did nothing wrong; Rosie was his credible witness to say that the guy was threatening their lives, attempted to kill them and Michael, with her help, got the jump on him, they struggled and he got shot, end of story. No, he would rather trust Sonny and Shawn and whatever other nameless minions to do a clean up, let's keep it hush hush, job instead. It isn't as if they couldn't still try and figure out who the guy was, who he was working for, etc, even if the police were involved. And he's supposed to be the smart one...the stupid on this show sometimes just burns, like hot acid.

CAN NOT wait until Michael finds out about Sonny shooting AJ and Carly keeping the secret and is done with them forever

Kiki and Morgan are now in hat group as well. At this rate Alice will know Sonny kills AJ but poor "Mr. Michael" can't be told or else it'll destroy his whole world. Just...this show...so much badness all the time.

I loved how a little Canadian accent came out when William DeVry said "That's not going to hoppen." So cute!

I've been hoping (praying) they would somehow give Julian a reason to launch into a bit of French in a scene or two for selfish reasons entirely.

• Love 1

Oh, I didn't meant to imply any kind of support for the Todd/Carly relationship, because...yuck.  You're right that given what Todd did re: Jason's son, she shouldn't have even looked twice at him if she was written in character.  

And if that's true, then this woman, who holds a grudge like no other, should have never, ever, EVER thought for a second about getting involved with the SERIAL KILLER who spent years terrorizing her children and her Jason.  I mean, nonchalantly giving away Jason's birthday to his tormentor?  WHAT?!?!  That goes against everything Carly has ever been as a character.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

So how is this murder cover up with Sonny/Carly/Michael going to be used to minimize what Sonny did to AJ?  I can't help but think that's the reason why they did it.

It should bring up the reason Michael went to jail the first time. That was another instance of a killing that Michael would have walked away from if the Triumvirate That Ate Port Charles didn't view everything through mob goggles. And, by all means, let Franco remind everyone of what happened to Michael in jail that time... and then ask Sonny and Carly why they'd do anything that would risk him going back by, again, covering up a situation that never needed covering up in the first place.

And can Dante get in on that, too? If he and Lulu can be torn away from the state of her uterus that is.

And if that's true, then this woman, who holds a grudge like no other, should have never, ever, EVER thought for a second about getting involved with the SERIAL KILLER who spent years terrorizing her children and her Jason.  I mean, nonchalantly giving away Jason's birthday to his tormentor?  WHAT?!?!

It's one of Ron's greatest weaknesses as a writer. He molds characters around plots... especially long standing characters with very solid backgrounds. Carly would never crawl in bed with Jason's tormentor. Ever.

Seriously, at this point... Ron would have Carly fucking Faison (the dude who killed Jason... temporarily) if he came up with a plot he wanted. Jason has always been Carly's priority... more than any of her children or Sonny. Jason is the top of the food pyramid and everyone else is several levels below. So... her relationship with Todd was bullshit. Her relationship with Franco is ten times that.

It's just not in character. And I fucking loathe Carly, you know? What's more, he's never really managed to come up with a plausible excuse for it all. Carly didn't even fuck Franco until it was revealed that he wasn't Jason's twin. So... what? I mean... what?

And the shit with the hitman just shows what a complete and utter mess Sonny, Jason and Carly have made of Michael's life. A full on self-defense situation and he immediately calls them to clean it up. Why? Because no matter what they did, they called Jason to clean up their mess. They're all a bunch of damned morons.

I recall the judge reading them all the riot act for their behavior when he sentenced Michael. When will anyone point out that their reactions to... everything... are purely moronic and cause more damage than if they had just accepted what it was in the first place. This lot is a never-ending Greek tragedy.

Edited by Dandesun
  • Love 8

I still say that Todd and Carly didn't make sense. Todd Manning wouldn't go near Carly blah blah Whogivesashit on a dare. He's never had any use for the mob or their molls much less anyone who has children with them and is, therefore, deeply tied to said mob guys. In too many ways, Todd and Carly were too much alike... in all of the worst ways... to be able to deal with each other. Carly, for her part, may like expensive things... but she is trash through and through. She has no use for 'legitimate' power (and Todd is not a powerful man -- he does go to jail and he doesn't have fancy lawyers (for the most part) to get him out of trouble... he skips town instead.) Carly will always want the power that Sonny and Jason wielded behind her. She wouldn't give two shits about a legit business man. How many times did she cheat on Jax? With Sonny?

All that aside, Franco is utterly perplexing as a choice for Carly. That's not how she rolls. It never was. Franco is a psychopath. Just full on psychotic. He has looked into the eyes of Cthulu type crazy and Carly, for all that she's a fucking wrecking ball of a human being has never been remotely attracted to that. She's empty inside rather like Sonny, looking for a means to fill the void with power even more than money. Sonny can generally be reasoned with. Jason was/is brain damaged and that's the only excuse there as to why he put up with the other two. Sonny and Carly want the same kind of thing, the power and money they get by destroying anyone around them that has 'hurt' them or possibly insulted them or, even worse, has something they want and feel they deserve.

Franco's just nuts. He had his Art... which was killing people and didn't pretend there was anything 'noble' like an alleged code. He's just a fucking lunatic. And Carly would never be a party to that shit. Her freak flag flies on a far more mundane level.

So, you know, by all means... jettison her right back to Sonny, it's the only thing that makes sense for her character. What's more, she gets off on pretending that the life she screeches to Sonny about keeping from their children is the very same life she firmly ensconced them in and would. not. budge. EVER. Why? For that same power and control... she's got no finesse so mob 'power' is exactly the kind she wants and desires.

Which is not anything Todd Manning would have ever given her (he wanted to get back to Blair and his kids and live their creepy, spooky, ooky Addams Family life.) And it's not something Jax would have given her, either, because Jax was a good and decent man -- a fallible man -- but not one to set off car bombs and get involved in firefights. Jax was legit and he treated Carly well... something she clearly couldn't handle or reciprocate for any length of time. And it's certainly not anything a complete nutbar like Franco can ever provide.

The weird thing is, Carly went and handed so much power to Franco with the information about Sonny shooting AJ that now she's completely stuck. If she were remotely human I might feel bad for her in that she was her own worst enemy setting all of this in motion... stubbornly latching onto Franco as some bizarre Jason substitute and then digging her heels in whenever anyone questioned it. But, as I said, she's such an atrocity of a person that I really don't feel bad for her at all.

It's not even enough to make up for the way she's devoured a show I loved and shit out the remains to what it is now. (She and Sonny and Jason are all responsible -- character-wise -- as far as I'm concerned.)

This is as perfect a dissertation of Todd, of Carly, and the worlds they inhabit as I've ever read.   And a rant of beauty as well.

• Love 5

And if that's true, then this woman, who holds a grudge like no other, should have never, ever, EVER thought for a second about getting involved with the SERIAL KILLER who spent years terrorizing her children and her Jason

And the SERIAL KILLER is also guilty of kidnapping Danny and nearly killed him, but it was that nasty ol' brain tumor's fault so Carly could just totally forgive and move on and beyond and forward because of love!. It's enough to make one almost physically nauseous.

If he and Lulu can be torn away from the state of her uterus that is

Surely you jest. They haven't the time to muck about! Ben must be given a sibling before he's three or else he may grow up and become Kiki!

• Love 3

Ben must be given a sibling before he's three or else he may grow up and become Kiki!

Danger, Will Robinson! Danger!  (waving of robot arms)  … this is an understandable (notice I didn't say good) argument for Lulu's baby rabies.

Heatlifer - I'm sure they'll make it so he won't remember a thing about Robin or Helena or what happened at Crichton Clark. Because...suspense, or something.

Was the Skype call Robin/KMc's last scene? I thought there would be a few more, but I don't know why I thought that. I hate how open-ended that part of the story is. I don't want Robin to be forgotten that easily.

I'm pretty sure that was her last scene and I have no clue when/if she's coming back. Apparently I care more than the characters who are like, "Oh, you're never coming back and you're broken? K awesome! Gotta go!"

It's ludicrous to have Robin an afterthought because she's at the freaking center of the story Ron chose to tell. Patty and Sam have been investigating this dumbass car crash for months. The culprit of that was Victor. To scare ROBIN. What happens once that's revealed? "Yay! We figured it out! But...Robin who?"

• Love 4

Is it ridiculous of me to think that maybe in tomorrow's episode (or next week, whenever they pick it back up), Michael actually tells his parents "No, we're calling the cops"?  I mean, none of these people are the brightest bulbs in the chandelier, but Michael is definitely smarter than his parents.  Surely there's a chance that he realizes "Hmmm...this did not work out so well for me last time..."  Or is everyone still convinced that the only fault with their previous plan was Dante convincing Michael to turn himself in? 

Sometimes I really hate these people. 

That goes against everything Carly has ever been as a character.

Ah, the ol' character consistency these folks do so well with!

And I would really appreciate a return of Julian's Briefs at some point in the near future.  

• Love 2
How many times did she cheat on Jax? With Sonny?

Physically, I think just the once, with Limo!Sex. Emotionally? Constantly.

I love how Franco not giving Carly some gaudy, honking ring proves to Sonny that the engagement is a farce.

Yes, covering up another shooting is exactly what Michael needs. /not enough sarcasm in the world

Oh, Lauren. Your picking and choosing when Michael should know a secret is so noble.

• Love 4

So how is this murder cover up with Sonny/Carly/Michael going to be used to minimize what Sonny did to AJ?  I can't help but think that's the reason why they did it.

I feel it is too and didn't Franco get some of the cover-up on video w/Carly there?  I feel like this will somehow be used against Michael going after Sonny, Carly, and Ava legally.  It would be funny if Sonny and Carly actually blackmailed their own son or Franco did to protect Kiki's mom cause they're besties.  It was just so dumb, but I guess in Michael's defense he thought the hit was mob related in relation to Sonny as opposed to FauxLuke wanting him out of ELQ.  

Sonny murdering AJ can be minimized with the audience with sighs of another cover up.  It's obviously not the same thing as Michael killed in self-defense, but it just feels like an attempt for Michael to appear murkier and/or hypocritical when, I assume when, he calls all the liars out.

Michael's going to hate everyone except Rosalie.  She's okay, but I'm so tired of Michael being roped with newbies.  Ick.  

Edited by sunflower
  • Love 2

And of course the whole time Chad's face barely flashed a hint of interest or life. I get that he is the "calm" Michael, but really he's the lifeless Michael as far as I'm concerned, the character isn't supposed to be some robot, show a little fear, a little anxiety, a little hyperactive and nervous energy considering you just killed someone, whether in self defense or not. He hasn't been smack dab in the middle of mob warfare to be so in control and panic free, imho, it doesn't jive with the character's upbringing and experience, unless it's a little bit of his former psycho self from his younger days making a appearance.

Really?  I saw plenty of reaction from Chad from the moment Kobe showed up with the gun, to Michael trying to stall and protect Rosalie, to fighting with Kobe, to comforting Rosalie.  I didn't see anything that you saw.  Regarding his control and panic free reaction, didn't you watch after the rape as he learned to fight from Jason, and Jason also taught him to control his anger and rage.  You don't remember when he calmly green-lit the murder of Carter with Jason?  After Carter was murdered, Michael helped cover for Jason.  Remember when the thugs came to beat up Morgan for his gambling debt?  He was calm then too and quite capable of fighting them.  He's been calm and cool under pressure for a while now, and about half a dozen of the GH characters mention that fact on a regular basis.  It's why Carly and Sonny are so desperate NOT to lose Michael.  He's the adult in the room.

It's one of Ron's greatest weaknesses as a writer. He molds characters around plots... especially long standing characters with very solid backgrounds. Carly would never crawl in bed with Jason's tormentor. Ever.

SO true.  RC tends to want what he wants, and he'll write GH characters completely out of character to make that happen.  Carly falling for Franco?  It would NEVER happen - ever.  Michael falling for the likes of Kiki Jerome??!!!!  Never.  She still has no job and continues to mooch off of him.  Basically, RC wanted all of his OLTL / GH pairings back together again after the PP disaster, and he just wrote crap to make it happen.  Franco and Carly (redux Carly and Todd), Michael and Kiki (redux Michael and Starr), and Sam and John McBain (redux Sam and Silas).   ALL of them have failed miserably.  At least RC is finally admitting his mistakes because he's breaking all of them up.  Thank God.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 2

So how is this murder cover up with Sonny/Carly/Michael going to be used to minimize what Sonny did to AJ?  I can't help but think that's the reason why they did it.

I haven't watched this Michael kills again. But The first thing I thought of when I read it here was. Sonny will now get away with killing AJ . So Guza is back.. Why exactly is Michael going to be the scapegoat AGAIN ?.I knew something like this would happen. Sonny would be a hero, AJ would be stomped on again, and and be the evul !. this show is sooo predictable. Nothing changes. If FrankenRon has trolls here he can stuff it, and watch the show himself. If Roseilee is scared to testify does it mean she works for Fluke ?  I guess it means if MB doesn't sign he can be the hero and go to jail for Michael, or at the very least be his cell partner,. Jason awakes and finds out Michael is in prison again ? This show makes no sense, none at all. I can't. I just can't.

• Love 2

Previews...nice poker face, Kiki.  Ugh, HATE!

And Nathan's question about Dr. O still being in custody led me to the adorable Westbourne siblings scenes from last week.  Awww, why didn't you guys tell me!

Those two crazy kids are the cutest together!  Usually hate insta-familes, but they just work.  And the, like, one scene Sam and Lucas were allowed to have together was great, too.  I love sibling and friends just hanging out and talking.  Much better than characters rehashing plots to themselves or to an inanimate object. 

Hoping that this Sonny/AJ/Ava/Connie reveal will bring the Corinthos/Falconeri brothers together, as they get their hate on for Sonny and Carly.  Michael needs to do what he always used to do right about now, call Dante.  Not Sonny.  Puke.

I hate Kiki. 

I'm even starting to dislike potatoes. 

• Love 6

Hoping that this Sonny/AJ/Ava/Connie reveal will bring the Corinthos/Falconeri brothers together, as they get their hate on for Sonny and Carly.  Michael needs to do what he always used to do right about now, call Dante.  Not Sonny.  Puke.

This scared me because I thought what if TIIC have Dante try to defend Sonny for this? I hate 'Sonny's son Dante' so much and I am afraid that would happen. He always treated AJ like shit for no reason. Sigh.

Everyone's acting like Michael will go full on pyscho on Sonny/Carly when he finds out the truth. And I hope they're right. I need that.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 8

What's a Lucas?

I think it's a plot point.  A cute plot point. 

This scared me because I thought what if TIIC have Dante try to defend Sonny for this? I hate 'Sonny's son Dante' so much and I am afraid that would happen. He always treated AJ like shit for no reason. Sigh.

Everyone's acting like Michael will go full on pyscho on Sonny/Carly when he finds out the truth. And I hope they're right. I need that.

Ohhh no, we can't have that.  Where can I find the Dante that punched Sonny?  Michael needs to call him. 

They need to bring DG back to play the Psycho!Michael scenes. He can be like a Transformer -- calm CD Michael and then ragey DG Michael.

• Love 2

I'm still catching up on bits and bobs from last week and I was stunned to realize I missed seeing Lucy AND Duke!  But those scenes were weeeeeeird.  Are they really trying to set up some triangle with them and Anna?

Edited by TeeVee329

I was at Universal Studios this summer, and in the gift shop at the end of The Mummy ride they have assorted evil eye jewellery. This necklace looks like it came from there. (when I saw it I was all "Nooooo.....they didn't! Did they???? Is the wardrobe dept that hard up?")  

It wouldn't surprise me if Franco bought it there. I assume he spends most of his down time at amusement parks, carnivals, and the children's museum. 

So Sonny and company are going to cover up Michael killing in self defense because it worked so well the first time they did that.  Didn't they learn anything?

As soon as Michael uttered the words "Shawn, call my dad, tell him we have a situation," I was stunned and pissed.  This is a guy who went to prison and got raped there because his father (and company) convinced him to lie and cover a justifiable death.  This is an even more justifiable death, the guy had a gun held on him, and Michael struggled to get it away from him, to save himself and an innocent bystander, the gun went off.   It's beyond ridiculous that, after everything that went down then, after Judge Country's (completely justified) rage against Michael's family covering up Claudia's death, etc, that Michael would even think of calling Sonny instead of Dante here.  Even Shawn can plausibly cover knowing about the hit man being there, and just stick with his "I came over to talk to Michael about something, heard some noises that made me feel something was not right, and I grabbed my gun before going in."  

If Michael and Sonny go forward with covering, I hope Dante finds out and rips everyone involved a new one for being the biggest idiots known to man. 

Seriously, does Ron even know about this rather major storyline from the not so distant past?  It makes NO sense. (I'll buy that Sonny would be stupid enough to go there again, because he's not the brightest bulb in the lamp, but Michael is the one who lived through that prison time, and the rape.  He should absolutely be all about avoiding that.) 

• Love 6

Add Nina's "humorous" comments on the intervening years since her coma (i.e. today's "joke" about appetizers vs. apps) to the list of running gags I hate.

So painful. I began to hate MS' portrayal of Phyllis on Y/R in the last few years (okay, maybe almost 10 years).  But this is far far worse.  She is doing a terrible job with this character.   No one would ever believe Nina was this beautiful warm young woman, who was raised with a good education, money etc.  This Nina is like a knock-off of Freaky Friday.  She is the teenager in the adult body, but in an unendearing way.  I blame Stafford, who brings no nuance whatsoever.  Even if the writing is ridiculous, her portrayal makes it worse.  Does this character have any fans at all?

• Love 7

I just watched today's scenes with Ava/Morgan/Kiki and when Morgan said that they couldn't tell because Michael would hate Carly and Sonny and it would destroy his relationship with them all I could think is that they deserve to be hated and the relationship deserves to be destroyed because honestly if they are willing to lie to him like that what is worth keeping there?  

Also good to see Ava still protecting number 1 - AJ was antagonizing Sonny?  That recording better come out because I just don't want Sonny shooting AJ to come out. I want AJ's innocence to come out.  This whole reveal better not be another round of let's shit on the dead guy.  Enough of that.

• Love 4

As soon as Michael uttered the words "Shawn, call my dad, tell him we have a situation," I was stunned and pissed.  This is a guy who went to prison and got raped there because his father (and company) convinced him to lie and cover a justifiable death.  This is an even more justifiable death, the guy had a gun held on him, and Michael struggled to get it away from him, to save himself and an innocent bystander, the gun went off.   It's beyond ridiculous that, after everything that went down then, after Judge Country's (completely justified) rage against Michael's family covering up Claudia's death, etc, that Michael would even think of calling Sonny instead of Dante here. 

Michael is a product of the mob, and he always will be.  His instincts are to let "the family" handle it.  Keep in mind that the guy was sent to kill Michael, which means that Sonny is going to want to retaliate.  All of these questions will come up if Michael ends up at the police station.  It will also hinder Sonny's ability to retaliate against the Jerome's if the police get wind that they sent Kobe after Michael.  Even though Fluke ordered the hit, Julian was not stopping it.  For Sonny, Michael, and the Jeromes, the mob takes care of their own problems.  Even Luke has that mentality.  He never goes to the police.  

I get that you would think Michael would never want to put himself into the position of going back to prison, but I don't think that he'd automatically get off because WE know it was a clear case of self-defense.  An up and coming politician or the mayor could want to make an example of Sonny's' son and throw the book at him for his second self-defense killing.  I guess what I'm saying is that there is no guarantee that Michael would walk or that the police would believe him.  I think another reason for Michael not telling the police is that there IS a hit out on him.  What's to stop another hitman from finding him at the police station while he's being held for questioning.  

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 1

It's ludicrous to have Robin an afterthought because she's at the freaking center of the story Ron chose to tell. Patty and Sam have been investigating this dumbass car crash for months. The culprit of that was Victor. To scare ROBIN. What happens once that's revealed? "Yay! We figured it out! And of course all Robin's fault....figures"

There fixed that for you.

• Love 2

Also good to see Ava still protecting number 1 - AJ was antagonizing Sonny?

Well, to be fair,  the thought of AJ antagonized Sonny. AJ could have been standing on a top of a building across the street getting ready to jump and it would have antagonized Sonny. 

Whatever the verb, and I'm not as bothered by it as people on a number of boards seem to be, the fact still remains that Sonny killed AJ.

• Love 4

AJ breathed, it bothered Sonny.

AJ dared to dream, Sonny was perturbed.

AJ woke up and ate eggs for breakfast, Sonny was offended.

AJ drank a cup of coffee with two sugars and 1 cream, Sonny did not like it.

AJ spoke, Sonny had a mad.

AJ didn't kill Connie, so Sonny murdered him.

• Love 14

Also good to see Ava still protecting number 1 - AJ was antagonizing Sonny?  That recording better come out because I just don't want Sonny shooting AJ to come out. I want AJ's innocence to come out.  This whole reveal better not be another round of let's shit on the dead guy.  Enough of that.

Considering Sonny's telling the "truth" about the Ava situation to Morgan involved him covering up all the parts that made him look shitty, turnabout's fair play.

• Love 8

Well half the show was painful.

dumb, dumber and liar were just one giant eye roll(yes, Carly's necklace has warped me) Could Ava have been any more self serving. That is SURE to bite her in the ass. I mean all poohbear has to do is talk to Carly, and ooopsie did I forget to mention I killed Connie. I truely can not take another day of that brownstone meeting of the brain trust sands one working brain.

And OMG speaking of brainlessness, that gaggle of people at Lante's apartment,BTW where is Rocco? Locked in a closet? What about Emma? Danny? That whole scene was painfully duh. Even Dante's hair looks like....um did he tangle with a forest animal?

I like Nina and Franco. Sorry but I do. They bring out the best in each other. I just want Nina out of that damn chair!

While I could just look at whole scenes of Julian just standing there looking like a gorgeous smug bastard, that scene with Alexis and all the heavy breathing was way OTT. Even so better than 50% of the show.

I loved the Michael and Rosalie stuff. Though if Morgan is poohbear then Michael is the mob version of Rainman. Yay I only kill in self defense...most definately self defense....10 mins til I have to go to ELQ.

I did kind of get why he called Sonny and not the police. It was for Rosalie and the fact the guy obviously was tied to mob activitiy so the police involved could hurt Sonny. Rosalie was obviously in shock and scared about what could happen if she had to testify. I think Michael covered up the death for other people's benefit more than himself.

• Love 2
Considering Sonny's telling the "truth" about the Ava situation to Morgan involved him covering up all the parts that made him look shitty, turnabout's fair play.

Oh, they are both hideous but I'm just afraid with only half the story being out there that we are going to be subjected to another round of let's bash AJ - the guy who pretty much paid for his sins and then some since he's dead and all. 

• Love 3
I assume [Franco] spends most of his down time at amusement parks, carnivals, and the children's museum.

Franco should be, and always should have been, on Passions, not GH.

I like Nina and Franco. Sorry but I do.

Cattitude, so do I.  Nina is a character that makes me want to punch my television, and Franco is a character that forces me to forget everything I know in order to tolerate him, but somehow the two of them together work for me.  

I think the Rosalie actress is doing a decent job, certainly better than many of our other new actors, and I find myself not hating her.  And I think Rosalie has way more chemistry with Michael than Kiki (low bar, I know).

• Love 5

Physically, I think just the once, with Limo!Sex. Emotionally? Constantly.

Yes, covering up another shooting is exactly what Michael needs. /not enough sarcasm in the world.

Carly and Sonny also had sex after the Metro Court hostage crisis. Well after the crisis was over. "but we thought we were gonna diiiiieeeeee!!"

The stupidity of not reporting a shooting in self defense... I have no words.

Edited by annabel
  • Love 2

I was fascinated - FASCINATED!, but not in a good way - by the way Sonny looked in the video feed on Franco's phone.  I didn't think anything could give him an even more orange glow, but that sure did.  And if he wasn't wearing eyeliner and a new set of dentures, then The Nina is Normal AND played by a decent actress.  Also, in the phone video, Sonny looked like he'd had a new can of black shoe polish applied to his noggin.

The man positively GLOWED like a newly waxed kitchen floor.  

He and Carly are PERFECT together, like two troll dolls come to life.

Edited by boes
  • Love 7

Morgan said Sonny has honor and code and keeps his promises?  Morgan, Morgan...isn't he the same man who fucked your girlfriend in your brother's family crypt and then weaseled out of telling his own girlfriend about it?  Didn't he shoot your other brother, because, he didn't know?  Didn't he almost blow up your sister, because, he still didn't know?  And didn't he shoot your mother in the head, because, he never seems to know? 

I hate myself a little bit for not totally disliking Michael and Rosalie. 

I liked Michael and Kobe even more though.  They sparkled.  And we know that Kobe wasn't a mooch like Kiki, since he didn't want any of Michael's stuff.  It's a pretty low bar that Kiki had set. Michael and the ace of hearts (it was an ace of hearts, right?  Or diamonds? I don't really pay attention.) even had more chemistry.

The round table of geniuses at Lante's apartment was pretty funny.  All those furrowed brows.  They are making progress though. Very, very slowly and only by using very, very small words.  

I hate Kiki.

I hate when Kiki opens her mouth to let the stupid out.

There's just so much of it.  I hate that. 

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 6

Oh, Lauren. Your picking and choosing when Michael should know a secret is so noble.

Kiki is so full of shit. She is constantly lying to Michael, not to protect him but to protect Franco. So now she wants to tell Michael a truth? Only because Ava didn't admit that Franco knew the secret. She would have totally kept quiet if she knew Franco knew.

• Love 2
Really?  I saw plenty of reaction from Chad from the moment Kobe showed up with the gun, to Michael trying to stall and protect Rosalie, to fighting with Kobe, to comforting Rosalie.  I didn't see anything that you saw.  Regarding his control and panic free reaction, didn't you watch after the rape as he learned to fight from Jason, and Jason also taught him to control his anger and rage.  You don't remember when he calmly green-lit the murder of Carter with Jason?  After Carter was murdered, Michael helped cover for Jason.  Remember when the thugs came to beat up Morgan for his gambling debt?  He was calm then too and quite capable of fighting them.  He's been calm and cool under pressure for a while now, and about half a dozen of the GH characters mention that fact on a regular basis.  It's why Carly and Sonny are so desperate NOT to lose Michael.  He's the adult in the room

Being more mature than Sonny and Carly is something a grade school kid could achieve, it isn't that hard really.  Tell the truth, don't lie out of your ass nearly every single second of the day, don't cheat on or with anything or anyone every other second of the day, and if at all possible try and comprehend what the word "decency" means.

Also his whole calling in Daddy Sonny to "fix things" wasn't a very adult move imo, it isn't as if Sonny was doing that great of a job already protecting him. If it hasn't been for Jordan tattling to Shawn they would have found his and Rosie's bodies without a clue about who was responsible.

Sure the PCPD isn't exactly the greatest unit in all the land, but if Michael thinks putting his trust in Sonny, especially considering what happened the last time he did that, and Shawn, the man who couldn't hit a target if it took the shot for him, is the only way to go? He has plenty of growing up to do, and also might want to invest in his own body guards from now on.

But as I said before, as far as Chad's acting goes there is calm acting and then there is what I feel he is doing, and it's just dull and lifeless to me. I did watch those scenes, I have watched Chad since he first came on the show, he hasn't yet impressed me and I doubt he ever will. He has yet to make me care about anything that has happened to Michael, if anything I've always been rooting for something worse to happen than ever has.

He just isn't my taste of actor and it doesn't help that I think Michael should have died at birth. Michael is a character I've loathed since his literal conception, especially since the show decided to wipe out so many great vets and yet I have to see this mob brat rule PC just because of the two subhumans who raised him.

• Love 1

That recording better come out because I just don't want Sonny shooting AJ to come out. I want AJ's innocence to come out.  This whole reveal better not be another round of let's shit on the dead guy.  Enough of that.

Well, shit, I didn't think about that. I bet they go this route because RC is a very petty man and he probably wants to get in a few more digs at AJ/SK one last time. Dammit!

Cattitude and Turtle, count me in as a Nina/Franco fan. Whatever I enjoy their weirdness together!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

I just wish I could love these posts. Like seriously.

I think Micheal and Rosalie have more potential and chemistry than stupid Lauren. I want him to calmly turn to her when Reveal happens and say "You knew?" She'll stutter, stammer, make weird faces, snort, babble about truths and shit. But what's even cooler is that he can- and Jasus take the wheel on this- totes mahgotes say that THIS was the secret she was keeping that Rosalie tried to tell him, but Lauren stopped him by lying, Eh Rosalie is working for a woman lying about paralysis. I'm sure she can roll with this.

Oh my. Lauren. You just put the proverbial nail in your relationship's coffin. I also want Micheal to turn to Lauren and Morgan and reclaim his balls and get his angry man Q voice and boom yell answer demands. Then kick their asses out. Ya'll gonna learn Lauren and Morgan. And I liked Morgan, but yesterday, no. You don't hear my dad murdered a man in cold blood who's my brother's dad and I give no fucks. Let's go to the mall. Give the Brownstone to Britt, Micheal. She's a homeless doctor who can pay rent.

• Love 2

Even with the  irony of Michael killing yet again in self-defense, I have no issue with him calling Sonny.

Shawn was already there. Kobe was already gunning for Michael. And this didn't happen while Kobe was publically humiliating Sonny in public. This was a "been there done that" event for Michael.

This makes sense. (checks outside for pigs flying or the resurrection of Georgie)

I love how Rosalie freaked out. I'm still wondering if Kobe was part of the Asian Mob (and we may see a Brad sighting).

Oh, Brad, Lucas, and Felix are just watching "Golden Girls" and "Knots Landing".

Everyone's asking the right question and Julian's giving an honest answer. It'll take a while before they realize Luke is Fluke.

• Love 2

I'm positive Sonny's cockblocking per the previews is going to be him blaming Julian, which will add to the Julexis drama. Oh nos you work for the dude who tried to kill Micheal? ! I'm going to believe the mobster who took my daughter from me and got both my daughters blown up accidentally because he's the Good Mobster who kills accidentally and when people like mean old AJ Quartermaine, who was innocent and unarmed deserve it. Karen Wexler? She must clearly exist in the same universe as your alleged son, Lucas. Omg Sonny, your wooing of Carly for the millionth time got interrupted by having to dispose of a dead body for Micheal- again?! Poor widdle Sonny! Let me get you some barware to throw.