Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

What was up with the shaky handheld camera in the Ferncliffe scenes? It doesn't add suspense. It makes me think the crew is drunk. 

LOL that Curtis told that nurse to check his credentials through his fake website. Yes, testimonials from "top executives" are exactly the way to confirm his identity.

Oh, Laura. Using Spencer to talk to Ryvin?

Oh, great, tomorrow we have to watch Kim and Oscar fight about his dumb lawsuit, again.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Best part of today's episode was Britt telling Brad to man up and keep the secret. None of Michael's family (except maybe Monica) deserve that baby.

For real.  With all the sanctimonious preaching that every other character on this show does, it's refreshing to have a friend who will not only help you hide the body, but will bring the shovel.

• Love 4

Britt and Brad were great, no surprise.  I'm sure we're supposed to hate them for keeping grandchildren away from Sonny and Carly, but turnabouts fair play if you ask me, given all the child stealing Pa and Ma Corinthos have done.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but we've seen zero, not one scene, between Lucas and Bobbie since Lucas got his child, her grandson, correct?  Ugh, so annoying.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Okay yeah I didn't think of her being a new teacher. That tracks, I suppose. But I don't want her to be the mother. And she doesn't know that Wiley died. She thinks she just gave him up for adoption.

Unless Julian told her the baby died in order to convince her to let the adoption go through.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but we've seen zero, not one scene, between Lucas and Bobbie since Lucas got his child, her grandson, correct?  Ugh, so annoying.

But but, but ... weren't you touched by the scene between Bobbie and Michael as she told him how she was doing the nursery for Lucas?  And brought him the silver spoon he had bought for Jonas?  Bobbie knows which descendant will get her screentime.

11 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Unless Julian told her the baby died in order to convince her to let the adoption go through.

How exactly would he explain this?  "There's a second baby that one dad wants to pass off as the dead baby"?

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 8:59 PM, Sake614 said:

Theres room on our ballots for a write-in candidate. many many times I’ve been tempted to vote for my dog (or a friend’s dog) rather than anyone actually on the ballot. 

I worded my thoughts like I was Sonny. 

What I meant to say was I don't know if it would be legal to add a new candidate to the ballot if they're going to redo an election, as in officially printing the candidate's name on the ballot, like Ned would be column A and Laura would be column B, with her name listed as an option. 

In other words, she could still be a write-in candidate but not an official on-the-ballot candidate since she missed the initial deadline. 

And I know I'm just being nit-picky because TFGH.

My Dad used to vote for himself in every election after he retired, of course he only got one vote and I have to admit it always made me laugh when I'd print out the results at the end of the night and see my Dad's name as a write-in candidate. 

The writers have pissed me off to the point where I don't even want to hand-wave anything as soap opera world logic, especially when it comes to certain characters like Spencer.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, tveyeonyou said:

The writers have pissed me off to the point where I don't even want to hand-wave anything as soap opera world logic, especially when it comes to certain characters like Spencer.

Watching him Spyder-Finder election-hacking penalties and if they apply to minors nearly did me in. 

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, tveyeonyou said:

What I meant to say was I don't know if it would be legal to add a new candidate to the ballot if they're going to redo an election, as in officially printing the candidate's name on the ballot, like Ned would be column A and Laura would be column B, with her name listed as an option. 

In other words, she could still be a write-in candidate but not an official on-the-ballot candidate since she missed the initial deadline. 

And I know I'm just being nit-picky because TFGH.

I'm actually surprised Jordan's review of the Port Charles by-laws (sure) didn't claim that in cases of voter fraud the eeny-meeny-miney-mo strategy was employed and Laura was declared the winner.

But, yes, this whole storyline is stupid--including the Invader endorsing Laura, whose been back in town about a week and done nothing to prove she's mayoral-worthy other than a totally bogus Ferncliffe visit (that got no press, anyway).

• Love 4

If Marino's wife didn't recognize Sonny, he couldn't have been that important in the organization.  And why does Margaux believe Sonny over her mother?

Sonny:  Someone I love has been wrongly accused and I want the trust to come to light.  The truth is that you murdered Marino, Sonny.  I want that to come to light too.

Joss:  I'm better with southern stars are better than with northern ones. (Cameron: why?  Me: because Jax is a lot better parent than Sonny and Carly put together.)

As soon as Jason and Sam see Nelle in the locked room (good work, TFGH, you surprised me)  they start attacking and threatening her. Another reason why I hate these two, I can understand they don't like what Nelle did to Carly, but she's in Ferncille, stop being like Carly and endlessly bullying anyone you don't like.

I HATE THIS FERNCLIFFE STORYLINE.  Nurses don't give access to strangers and NURSES DON'T DECIDE WHO IS CRAZY.  That "if you know you're crazy, you're not" is COMPLETELY untrue.

Speaking of Carly, obviously Kim is distressed about Oscar. Take a moment to see it from another mother's point of view instead of only being about what you consider yours.

Oh, look!  Oscar finally  gets a headache!

3 hours ago, tveyeonyou said:

That's the way it would be in the real world. But not in Port Charles.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I HATE THIS FERNCLIFFE STORYLINE.  Nurses don't give access to strangers and NURSES DON'T DECIDE WHO IS CRAZY.  That "if you know you're crazy, you're not" is COMPLETELY untrue.

And why is the nurse the ONLY point person at this hospital?  There's no way a nurse is in charge of everything.  If anything, hire a friggin' extra to be the hospital administrator or something.  

• Love 5

"You're good, Nelle. You really are. But Carly was better." Better at what, exactly? Conning the legal system and trying to fake insanity to get out of a prison sentence? Because that's not something to cheer Carly on for, Jason.

• Love 17

Franco slobbering over a fudgsicle while talking about serial killers and his "alleged" crimes, fucking spare me. I refuse to believe Jordan needs Franco to spell out for her such banal insights as "people hide their true nature." If we're going to pull Franco into the murder storyline, can we please not do it by dumbing down the police (more than usual, that is)?

There's zero reason for Nelle's appearance today, other than it gave Sam and Jason a chance to shit talk her to her face and remind her that she'll never beat the illustrious Carly. This whole Ferncliff plot is tedious as fuck and I'd like Curtis to escape from its clutches ASAP, as it's testing the limits of my love for him. 

Sonny suddenly softening towards Margaux with his worry over breaking her heart is either straight-up bullshit designed to make him look like the nice guy in comparison to her mother, or it's laying groundwork for Sonny and Margaux falling into bed together down the line. But UGH, watching Sonny yell at Margaux's mom for ordering the hit as if that absolves him from pulling the trigger is hard to take.

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

"You're good, Nelle. You really are. But Carly was better." Better at what, exactly? Conning the legal system and trying to fake insanity to get out of a prison sentence? Because that's not something to cheer Carly on for, Jason.

This is what I never agreed with in terms of the writing for Jason. TPTB constantly wanted it both ways with him. Just admit that the reason Jason is BFF with someone like Carly is because he likes that she’s a vindictive, manipulative crazy person and she allows him to be his worst possible self because HE’S NOT A GOOD PERSON EITHER. 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

This is what I never agreed with in terms of the writing for Jason. TPTB constantly wanted it both ways with him. Just admit that the reason Jason is BFF with someone like Carly is because he likes that she’s a vindictive, manipulative crazy person and she allows him to be his worst possible self because HE’S NOT A GOOD PERSON EITHER. 

Carly wasn't even better at conning the legal system because she had to be talked into the insanity plea by Sonny and Jason and presumably Nelle plotted her escape all by herself when she was sitting in prison!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Sonny:  Someone I love has been wrongly accused

Color me stupid but who did he mean by this?  Mike?  HImself?  

I laughed when it turned out Nelle was in the room, because I'm spoiler free and hadn't seen that coming.  but then I didn't understand what was going on.  She was sentenced to Pentonville, but ended up in Ferncliff, because she pretended she was crazy??

• Love 2
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Sonny:  Someone I love has been wrongly accused and I want the trust to come to light.  The truth is that you murdered Marino, Sonny.  I want that to come to light too.

I seriously do not get it.  So what if Margaux's mom twisted Scully's arm to get him to order the hit.  The facts are still the facts - Scully ordered it, Sonny carried it out.

And there's something really gross with the idea being presented that an unfaithful scheming woman is at fault for Sonny's life choices.  F that.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 11
Just now, TeeVee329 said:

I seriously do not get it.  So what if Margaux's mom twisted Scully's arm to get him to order the hit.  The facts are still the facts - Scully ordered it, Sonny carried it out.

He is such an asshat.  His Nazi defense (I was only following orders!) hasn't worked in the last century.

• Love 13
57 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And there's something really gross with the idea being presented that an unfaithful scheming woman is at fault for Sonny's life choices.  F that.

That’s been a way the show has tried to absolve Sonny of a lot of the gross stuff he’s done. It’s never his fault, of course, but there are evil, manipulative harlots who make it that much harder for him to be good.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Perkie said:

Color me stupid but who did he mean by this?  Mike?  HImself?  

I'm gonna join you on the stupid couch (couch of stupid?)

I thought he was talking about himself since HE IS THE ONE WHO KILLED THE MAN. 

He's talking about Mike. Never mind that Mike didn't kill anyone and Sonny was the one who pulled the trigger. In conclusion, Sonny is really talking about himself. There's no one Sonny loves more in the world than Sonny.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

He's talking about Mike.

But Mike isn't being accused of the crime.  Margaux has said from the get go that she beleives Sonny killed her father (which he did) and she only tried to talk to Mike to get some info about that.  

It was such a weird way to say something.  

I just can’t with Sonny. Poor poor Sonny. ‘I only killed Marino because Scully ordered me to do it. And he only ordered the hit because his mistress wanted it done. So I’m innocent.’ Except not. And there is no proof in any of those letters that Jeannette wanted her husband dead. The ‘smoking gun’ that Jason and Sam found merely said that if he were GONE, then Jeannette and Joe could be together. For all they know, she wanted to divorce him. Or maybe she did want him dead, but the letter doesn’t prove anything. And okay so Sam managed to replace the letters. That still doesn’t explain how Sonny would even know about Jeannette. Why isn’t Margaux smarter than this??? Yeah I know it’s beczuse no one is allowed to be smarter than sonny. 

the one bright spot in this whole damn episode was the Asian girl at Charlie’s Pub. I really like her. I just hope that book she gave Kristina is a self-help and not some cult thing. 

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Perkie said:

But Mike isn't being accused of the crime.  Margaux has said from the get go that she beleives Sonny killed her father (which he did) and she only tried to talk to Mike to get some info about that.  

It was such a weird way to say something.  

I don't know. Wasn't there something about her going after Mike if something something? You know, I remember what ate for dinner a week ago, but could not even tell you what happened in today's episode.

Sonny is a first grade moron and narcissistic. Every woman's wet dream. But I agree, the whole thing was very weird. 

• Love 2

Margaux wanted to question Mike about what he knew about the body and Sully's mob.  For Sonny, that's "going after him".

I was really hoping that when Curtis and the head nurse appeared, Chloe was going to say "Curtis! What are you doing here" and then the whole stupid dress-up would be revealed. But sadly that was too much to hope for. Why is Sam always playing amateur theatrics when she involved in a Jason plot.

5 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

And why is the nurse the ONLY point person at this hospital?  There's no way a nurse is in charge of everything.  If anything, hire a friggin' extra to be the hospital administrator or something.  

Because an administrator wouldn't be fooled so  a female nurse is in charge.  Like Mary Pat, it's easy to this new woman. It's really quite a sexist show.

5 hours ago, LexieLily said:

For Jason, conning the legal system and ignoring all rules is something Jason sees as a positive thing.

4 hours ago, Perkie said:

I laughed when it turned out Nelle was in the room, because I'm spoiler free and hadn't seen that coming.  but then I didn't understand what was going on.  She was sentenced to Pentonville, but ended up in Ferncliff, because she pretended she was crazy??

It makes sense that if she's crazy (and she certainly is sociopath), she would end up in the psychiatric prison rather than Pentonville.

In spite of Carly being "tortured" an that poor patient next door, Jason and Sam are acting like Ferncliffe is a vacation.

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

That’s been a way the show has tried to absolve Sonny of a lot of the gross stuff he’s done. It’s never his fault, of course, but there are evil, manipulative harlots who make it that much harder for him to be good.

It's so nice to see Sonny being biblical.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

the one bright spot in this whole damn episode was the Asian girl at Charlie’s Pub. I really like her. I just hope that book she gave Kristina is a self-help and not some cult thing.

I'm pretty sure it's a cult or something similar. Ugh.

If Margaux is dumb enough to go on a field trip with Sonny, she deserves whatever happens, IMO. FFS, lady. Why on earth do you think anything Sonny does will be the truth? Of course he's going to continue his insistence on innocence. Gah.

The Nelle stuff just made me laugh. She's crafty enough to fool some Pentonville shrink to get sent to Ferncliffe but inept enough not to keep the secret about killing her fiancé. As always, the show has it both ways.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

As soon as Jason and Sam see Nelle in the locked room (good work, TFGH, you surprised me)  they start attacking and threatening her. Another reason why I hate these two, I can understand they don't like what Nelle did to Carly, but she's in Ferncille, stop being like Carly and endlessly bullying anyone you don't like.

They're both awful, awful people.  And why are they acting so fucking smug--they didn't get what they were looking for.  God, I hate that Curtis is involved in this storyline.  He's too good for those two stains on society.

Edited by Cheyanne11
because 'to' and 'two' are not the same word
  • Love 6
24 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm pretty sure it's a cult or something similar. Ugh.

A cult would make sense. If there's one thing the show badly needs, it's one more story in the background that can move at a snail's pace when picked up once every three weeks.

Presently we've got: The mayoral election/mental health reforms, etc. Ryan on the loose. Spencer! (it must be italicized and with an exclamation point, like a musical). The baby switch. Margaux's anti-Sonny crusade. Jason and Sam reconnecting. The hunt for Obrecht, with Britt sprung from prison. The Anna/Finn relationship. Finn's family situation. Peter and Maxie. The apparent Chase/Willow/Michael triangle setup. Mike's Alzheimer's. Oscar's cancer and everything related (the legal battle; the Oscar/Joss/Cameron triangle). Sasha conning Nina. Valentin's attempts to get Nina back. Ava's vendetta against her daughter and her ex. Aiden's gender issues. Jordan and Curtis's wedding; Stella's unhappiness about same. I'm not even including all the couples and pseudo-couples that are folded into these, like Kim and "Charlie."   

Some of those stories get a lot of attention, but others barely move. As often has been said here, the pacing has become a big problem.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 5

You guys, i finally stopped watching 3 weeks ago and I feel liberated. I’ll just keep up on these forums until things improve. Or GH finally gets cancelled. I think we all know which one is more likely though. 

• Love 5

I think the show has completely forgotten about that Alexis story, statsgirl. I almost had, and I have a much better memory than Show. Now Alexis's "thing" is representing Oscar.  NLG isn't quite a pet on the level of Maurice Benard or Laura Wright, but she has consistently been one of the people who can claim to have A Story going on at any given time. Right now it's her involvement with Oscar, Drew, and Kim.  

It's a shame, because if they had kept alive the thread of Alexis going to see Kevin for counseling, she could be one more person getting dubious advice from "Kevin" now.  

However, I did forget about the flash drive and the mysteries of Drew's past. I think that's still a thing.  

• Love 5

Totally agree, there's a lot of bad pacing going on.  They keep introducing these things - Alexis' looking into her Cassadine background, whatever with Jessica Tuck and the person with the Cassadine ring, Franco harassing the Webbers into attending the Franco/Liz wedding - and then they go nowhere and then we're expected to care when they finally loop back around.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

There was a scene a couple weeks ago where Alexis went to see Ryvin. So I don’t think it’s been completely dropped. But do w really want to see her going to him for advice?  Maybe they’ll pick it up again when Kevin is back. Or maybe I’m delusional lol!

I may have missed that Alexis/Ryvin scene of recent times.  

Anyway, I'm caught up now.  

When Carly looked right at her daughter and said, "Rebound relationships can be tricky," was I alone in thinking, "To wit: your existence"? 

That was just cruel writing, letting Nelle's feigning of insanity crumble because the Mod Squad of Jason, Sam, and Curtis was just so fierce. Nelle's scams have been poorly thought out/executed sometimes, but I just don't believe she'd say, "Don't listen to them! I'm really crazy! I belong here!" If she were that much of an amateur, she couldn't have survived as long as she has.  

Having actually seen the scene now, I'm even more on board with the idea that Oscar and Kristina's new friend is involved in some kind of cult. She kept creepily talking about her awesome, accepting friends. I wonder what name they'll make up for it. "Systemology"? 

Franco as the Hannibal Lecter resource-type figure actually isn't a bad use of him. I'm not saying it will be done well, but it's not bad as an idea.     

NuNuCam may be growing on me a little. I thought his reaction to Chase and Jordan being at the door was pretty funny, in a live-action Bart Simpson way.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

Franco as the Hannibal Lecter resource-type figure actually isn't a bad use of him. I'm not saying it will be done well, but it's not bad as an idea.     

I actually didn't mind it, either. 

• Love 3

RH's habit of eating during his scenes is still stupid, distracting and gross. People don't do this in real life. At least not during important conversations. Ooh, isn't Franco so sweet and innocent, eating a fudgsicle ? And Liz was like his mother today. How dare the police talk to him. Franco is a good boy now. 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Kristina trying to find herself

Part I've-lost-count. We don't see it much onscreen (not that I'm complaining), so who cares?

7 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

However, I did forget about the flash drive and the mysteries of Drew's past. I think that's still a thing.  

I'm sure once Sonny sets Margaux straight on the fact that he had to kill her dad because Scully told him to because her mom was having an affair with him, she'll try to blackmail Drew again. So, my guess is this thread gets picked back up after Thanksgiving.

3 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

That was just cruel writing, letting Nelle's feigning of insanity crumble because the Mod Squad of Jason, Sam, and Curtis was just so fierce. Nelle's scams have been poorly thought out/executed sometimes, but I just don't believe she'd say, "Don't listen to them! I'm really crazy! I belong here!" If she were that much of an amateur, she couldn't have survived as long as she has.

If she's going to crumble—and of course she will, because Jason, especially, always has to win—at least give her more than 7 minutes of airtime before it happens. 

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

100%, so tired of Roger Howarth eating in scenes.  We get it, it's quirky!  Ditto Liz's mothering of Franco.

Yes, and why does Elizabeth want a fourth son? She's got her hands full with the three she gave birth to.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Yes, and why does Elizabeth want a fourth son? She's got her hands full with the three she gave birth to.

But this one can babysit the younger two.

6 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I may have missed that Alexis/Ryvin scene of recent times. 

It wasn't about Alexis though.  The point of the scene was for Alexis to realize how much she resented that her father controlled her (which I don't remember) like making her give up Sam and made her decide to take Oscar's case. Not. The. Same Thing.

ETA: Agree that Daisy is in a cult. If the miracle cure of Oscar's headache didn't confirm it, the book, presumably by the cult leader, did.

I wonder if Oscar is going to opt for "a cure" by the cult instead of the drug trial because he's so independent now.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

Daisy is definitely in a cult.

And Laura has been a terrible parental figure to Spencer from day one. Including and especially her b******* rationale that because Spencer was obviously clinging onto his family and needing reassurance that she should just ship him off to a boarding school the very next day period an actual conversation she had with her husband or future husband

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

ETA: Agree that Daisy is in a cult.

I just imagined it being run by a back-yet-again-from-the-dead Mitch Laurence and laughed.

giphy.gif

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 14
17 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Would that I have more than one like to give, @TeeVee329! One of my absolute favorite OLTL moments. The camp was absolutely masterful. I wonder if Roscoe Born wants some soap work these days. He'd be a welcome boost to this fakakta show.

But we've only got one like to give, dun dun dun!

• Love 3

I could like Diane but whenever she gets around the Corinthos mob, including Jason, she gives the word 'sycophant' new meaning.  I also hate baby-stealer Nina trash talking Ava to Sasha.

Also how is it that when Carly says she wants to kill Mary Pat, it's innocent but when Jeanette writes to Sully that she wishes Vince were dead, it's "lock her up"?

Did Margaux just throw Jeanette out of her own house?  I'm really hating this Margaux-Sonny team-up. It's ruining Margaux completely, it's like she's lost all her intelligence.

Kiki reading a book called "Learning Medical Terminology" was funny. How about learning the terminology as you're actually learning the subject material?

• Love 6

I was not enthused about the Kevin/Ryan story becoming all about Carly and, while she's a character I'm much more entertained by, I'm not really enthused about it becoming all about Ava either.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I was not enthused about the Kevin/Ryan story becoming all about Carly and, while she's a character I'm much more entertained by, I'm not really enthused about it becoming all about Ava either.

Isn't everything on this stupid show all about Carly?

• Love 2

Carly: "I'm not saying anything without my lawyer."

Chase: "Then how do you explain the strands of your hair found in the hands of Mary Pat Engles' decapitated body?"

Me: "Uh, Chase, did you not hear what Carly just said?"

The Sonny/Margaux/Margaux's mom scenes gave me a rage blackout. SONNY STILL SHOT MARGAUX'S FATHER TO DEATH. The affair should be a separate issue, between Margaux and her mom. Sonny's "this is a family matter" made me laugh, though. Sonny lights the fuse and throws the Molotov cocktail, then gets dainty about what gets blown up. 

Wow, they really threw Margaux's mom under the bus so that Sonny can be blameless in SHOOTING MARGAUX'S FATHER TO DEATH. Also, why was Sonny wearing a wire? Is Margaux going to prosecute her mother for the death of her father? Even in Port Charles, that's laughable. 

Then Margaux says she can't prosecute Sonny for the murder. Why not? He did it!

28 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Did Margaux just throw Jeanette out of her own house?  I'm really hating this Margaux-Sonny team-up. It's ruining Margaux completely, it's like she's lost all her intelligence.

That also cracked me up—and Jeanette left!!! 

I enjoyed Ryvin laughing at Ava. She always jumps to the worst conclusions. 

4 minutes ago, LillyB said:

Isn't everything on this stupid show all about Carly?

When it's not all about Sonny, yes.

That promo for the Sonny Special Episode made me gag. Of course Sonny would do it all over again. He's said as much on the show numerous times.

• Love 4