Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

On 10/26/2018 at 4:39 PM, TeeVee329 said:

I'm so tired of Franco, Super Father Figure.  Find him something, ANYTHING, else to do.

A really good death scene. He can chew all the available scenery for a day or two and then go away.

• Love 9

Margo from the top rope!

Margo: "Sonny killed my father.

Michael: "I don't know anything about that."

Margo:  "Sure you do. After all, he killed yours too."

I think that line has made her my new favorite character. I'm over the whole "she has it coming to her" crap. Why? Because she wants to put a murderer behind bars? And being angry she went after Mike "even though he has Alzheimer's"? Eh. Or being upset she put Carly, who said she did it and claimed to be crazy, in a mental institution? WHAT A TERRIBLE PERSON THIS DA IS!  Or not. These writers are the suck.

• Love 24

I do not understand this "We just gotta prove Papa Margaux deserved to be murdered by a budding mobster and she'll stop gunning for Sonny!" narrative he and his sycophants are spinning.  First of all, Margaux was gunning for Sonny BEFORE she knew anything about the body and/or it being her father.  And second, do they think unearthing some horrific back story or secret about either of her parents is going to make Margaux think Sonny is the bee's knees?  "Don't shoot the messenger" is an expression for a reason.

BRITT!!  Anna was being a tad too judgey of my girl, her child with Faison's record isn't exactly pure as snow.  And why is Dr. Michael Easton involved in this?  Go away.

• Love 4

These are really horrible, horrible people, the heroes of this show.  Carly is getting Sonny's connections to destroy a woman who did her job and followed the doctor's prescriptions. (Yes, she taunted Carly but I can't blame her for that.)

Shut up Laura. Treatment of medical patients is a federal matter. Even if you become mayor,, you have no influence there.  I hate how this storyline is making me dislike Laura to prop Carly.

Anna is bad-mouthing Britt because she feels guilty that she abandoned her son.

Michael excusing Sonny everything about AJ. Then going all mob godfather on Margaux.  I wanted Margaux to point out that he has the ELQ power because of his father who Sonny killed

Sam proud of how she conned a widow and stole her private letters.

But the height of stupidity is Jason and Sam looking for proof that Margauxi's father was was deep in the gang so they can blackmail her to back down and then turning about and saying that Jason is proud of his murdering and extortion ways and would understand if his sons followed in his ways.

"Margaux's mother is responsible for the hit. Well I'll be damned." No, Sonny YOU are responsible and  yes, you will be damned.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 11

McBain: Who doesn't like Emma?

Me: I don't like Emma. 

This whole Margaux business is gross. I don't like Margaux, but wow, trying to get her schooled by a bunch of murderers and crooks is so beyond the pale.

And Carly doing all that stuff to MaryP while Laura is standing right there, the woman who wants to run for mayor. There are really no words.

Stella getting in Ryvin's (I don't know, I'm just gonna call him that) was fun, but I don't know if that means she's going to bite it. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 4

Well, that wasn't infuriating at all. 

Little boy in a suit Michael trying to play the big bad and threatening someone going through something he went through just 3 years ago was just...no words. The incessant whining, the crying, the angry tantrums we endured while he dealt with that, all for....nothing.  What a piece of absolute shit. All the girl did was try to speak to people that would help get her justice, the same kind of justice the pinwheasel was obsessed with getting. Absolute worthless. And thanks, Sam, for "almost" feeling sorry for Margaux. You're kinder than I ever will be when Jaysus leaves you in the cold once again for Carson. You'll deserve everything coming to you too.

It was nice to see Britt. Fanna continue to look like brother and sister. Carly and Laura being so shmoopy is giving me a hemorrhoid.

• Love 10

It would make me so thrilled if the writers actually knew how much we hated Sonny and the Gang and were sick of them always winning and therefore decided to change things up.  Maybe have turn out that Margeaux's exhusband was actually Lorenzo Alcazar (because that rewrite would be ridiculous but the others aren't?  Go with me here) and he offed Sonny because of years of anger and hatred towards Sonny.  Then he took one look at Carly and wondered what he had been thinking all those years and called her a hag. She lashes out and ends up killing Jason in her crazy rage as he tries to calm her.  The loss of those two men drive her nuts and..... BACK TO FERNCLIFF SHE GOES! Sam then uses her free time to parent her kids and hang out with Maxie.

• Love 3

Jason's snit about Margaux deserving what's coming to her was my tipping point into madness today. Margaux's father was murdered, evidently by a hit placed by her own mother, and there's no sympathy for her at all. There's no drop of remorse from Sonny, there's no begrudging acceptance that Margaux is doing her JOB by pursuing avenues to press charges against Sonny (who's GUILTY, regardless of who placed the hit). Instead, we're forced to watch these fuckers rub their hands in glee that they're sitting on information that will devastate Margaux personally and potentially damage her professionally, all in the name of protecting Sonny from something he 100% did. I know I should be inured to this atrocious behavior by now, but these people are truly TRASH, and becoming more rank with every day. 

Oh, and Michael? Funny how there's always a million and one "extenuating circumstances" to excuse Sonny of his crimes and nobody else is granted such leniency. Hand-waving away A.J.'s murder and threatening the D.A. is shameful proof that Michael is a Corinthos to his core.

Edited by Linny
Angry typos are the worst typos
  • Love 22

That opening scene was hysterical!

OMG how dare the DA do her JOB!!!!!

Poor Margo is just going to end up licking Sonny's feet.  Complete waste of time...trash always wins on this show. Always.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 3

Oh good grief. Carly and Laura demanding(!) to see every patient in Ferncliff’s extremely dangerous wing? By whose authority, girls? What are you even doing in that place? You have no right to demand anything of anyone. Have you lost your minds?

• Love 8
36 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Oh good grief. Carly and Laura demanding(!) to see every patient in Ferncliff’s extremely dangerous wing? By whose authority, girls? What are you even doing in that place? You have no right to demand anything of anyone. Have you lost your minds?

They're both private citizens, they have zero authority or right to be there and make these sort of demands.  

• Love 8

WTF were those  beginning Jasam scenes? So I guess hearing other people's words to each other are supposed to tell us how much Jasam want each other while KM/Sam looks like she's trying to keep bad fish down.  Was it just me or did neither sound real concerned about something happening to Jason? The whole idea that Sam would tell Danny hey this was your fathers choice and it was his life before you were born instead of expecting Jason to change his way of life because Danny was born is just so pathetic it's funny. This coming from the same woman who was mooning in Drew's (Jason's) arms when he told her a real man would stop being selfish. 

As far as Scout Sam better just hope she aquires females in her life who possess dignity and self respect because it sure as shit ain't coming from her mom. She doesn't want Scout to make the bad choices she did when she was younger but now at 40 being a blow up doll mob moll is a good choice? 

UGH eveytime I think these writers can't possibly write Sam any worse they take it as a personal challenge to prove me wrong. 

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, Veronica889 said:

WTF were those  beginning Jasam scenes? So I guess hearing other people's words to each other are supposed to tell us how much Jasam want each other while KM/Sam looks like she's trying to keep bad fish down.  Was it just me or did neither sound real concerned about something happening to Jason?

Hearing the words of a married woman who apparently asked her lover to put a hit out on her husband. So very romantic! More of that vomit, please! I just can't with this.

No one will be shocked if Margaux's real father turns out to be Scully, right? But way to go, writers! Magaux's life will be thoroughly trashed for trying to take the moobster down.

I was happy to see Britt. Why Finn is tagging anywhere with Anna, I don't understand. This whole Anna/Finn thing needs to end. For some reason, I thought what's his face had more chemistry with Finola when he was McPain. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Hater said:

But I actually think EH helped CD act today!

That makes two good things about that scene. It's winning the episode.

Carly has the cognitive complexity of a 3 year old.  She's mad at Mary Pat for administrering the medication that Kevin prescribed but she's giving him a free pass.

I wonder if she got the door open and it was AJ there whether she would be all gung ho about saving him.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 5

Ok, they were DEFINITELY chem testing Michael and Margaux today. I'd rather see them together than she with Sonny or Drew.

And nobody cares if Mary Pat is killed unless Carly will be framed for it. They wasted time on that Halloween promo for damn Mary Pat.

• Love 1

I got so bored with today’s show that I actually got out the vacuum cleaner to vacuum the carpets in my house. I did this despite the fact that our housekeeper is coming on Wednesday to do the same thing. Holy moly, folks. Now THAT’S BORED. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

That makes two good things about that scene. It's winning the episode.

Carly has the cognitive complexity of a 3 year old.  She's mad at Mary Pat for administrering the medication that Kevin prescribed but she's giving him a free pass.

I wonder if she got the door open and it was AJ there whether she would be all gung ho about saving him.

I think it was the other doctor who took over the case when Kevin went to visit Laura in Europe. When Keven first Carly after she was placed in Ferncilff, he thought that she was over medicated and had them all changed.

• Love 1
On 10/28/2018 at 7:37 PM, Gam2 said:

KeMo has absolutely no expression on her face, no inflection in her voice and no excitement/anxiety/joy/or anything else in her demeanor no matter what’s happening. ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz. Has there ever been a more boring character/actress on a soap in the history of soaps? No. There has not.

Marci Miller who plays Abigail on Days has her beat 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, nilyank said:

I think it was the other doctor who took over the case when Kevin went to visit Laura in Europe. When Keven first Carly after she was placed in Ferncilff, he thought that she was over medicated and had them all changed.

You're right. But Kevin still kept her on drugs when she asked him to stop them. Realistically, Carly should have transferred her anger on to Kevin. Mary Pat was carrying out the orders of the doctor.

Edited by statsgirl

Previews...why are you promising Carly you're going to fix the problems at Ferncliff, Laura, it is a state-run facility over which you have no authority whatsoever!  And why are you even talking to Carly, Laura, she suuuuuuuuucks!

I also enjoyed Anna's sour face when Britt (!) insisted on a better deal.  Anna kinda deserves that for being a loser and letting her boy toy tag along with her to work.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I do not understand this "We just gotta prove Papa Margaux deserved to be murdered by a budding mobster and she'll stop gunning for Sonny!" narrative he and his sycophants are spinning.  First of all, Margaux was gunning for Sonny BEFORE she knew anything about the body and/or it being her father.  And second, do they think unearthing some horrific back story or secret about either of her parents is going to make Margaux think Sonny is the bee's knees?  "Don't shoot the messenger" is an expression for a reason.

It's so stupid. I guess they want to find something terrible enough that tars Margaux with the same brush, making her unable to continue to pursue her "vendetta" against Sonny. Which still makes no sense whatsoever.

6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I wanted Margaux to point out that he has the ELQ power because of his father who Sonny killed

Not exactly. Michael would likely have worked for ELQ whether AJ were dead or not.

5 hours ago, LillyB said:

Why would the DA think that Michael would know anything about her father's murder? Michael wasn't even a gleam in AJ's eye then.

No, but Sonny could have talked to him about it. It would be heresay, not that legal stuff ever stops how a story is written.

4 hours ago, Hater said:

The look of love ya'll.

Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 4.05.13 PM.png

I have expected both Sam and Jason to start singing "All By Myself" or something. What a bizarre sequence.

Laura and Carly at Ferncliffe was pointless. Ooh, Carly got to sneer at Mary Pat, how wonderful. That last scene with MP and Ryan? MP is so dead. Wow, how high stakes for the show to kill off a recurring character we haven't seen for weeks.

Today was one giant shit sandwich of an episode.  It's hard to pick a Most Obnoxious, but when in doubt, I go with Carly.  Mary Pat didn't get Carly thrown into Ferncliffe and yet Carly has to ruin her life because she didn't bow down when Carly told her who she was married to.  What a pathetic creature she is.  If there was any justice in the world, she'd keep haranging Ryan about SOS-Patient and her curiosity would get her killed.  But, no, she'll probably end up the heroine in the scenario by saving Laura (and a bus full of orphans and nuns for good measure).

• Love 2

I amuse myself by imagining Dante getting texts about Ryan Chamberlain articles, asking him to investigate Margaux's dad, or Ferncliff, or about the mayoral election, and him replying "oh shoot this mission got extended some more gotta go."

• Love 6
5 hours ago, avocadohead said:

And nobody cares if Mary Pat is killed unless Carly will be framed for it.

They need a kill for Ryan, otherwise what is the point of his evil return?  They don't want to waste anyone "important" for first kill, the reunion tour.  Please for the love of dog, Mary Pat, write Caroline Corinthos in blood before you bleed out. 

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 4
38 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It's so stupid. I guess they want to find something terrible enough that tars Margaux with the same brush, making her unable to continue to pursue her "vendetta" against Sonny. Which still makes no sense whatsoever.

Not exactly. Michael would likely have worked for ELQ whether AJ were dead or not.

Michael might have worked for ELQ because he was a Quartermaine (although Carly and Jason did their best to prevent him knowing that) but he wouldn't have been CEO without being AJ's son. Not without a MBA from Harvard.  He barely made it  through college?  high school?

For that he owes AJ and the Quartermaines some loyalty.

As far as I can figure out, the brilliant Plot is to find enough dirt on Margaux's parents so that she is so embarrassed that she quits going after Sonny. Meanwhile Sam and Jason were happily talking about Jason doing the same kind of thing that they consider dirt on Marino and being good with his choices.  And accepting that his sons could follow in his footsteps committting crimes and murdering people.  The hypocrisy of those two is unbelievable.

No wonder they look down on Drew, wanting to get out of the bidness for the sake of his kids

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

he wouldn't have been CEO without being AJ's son

Correct, but AJ being dead doesn't change that. Michael would have eventually worked for ELQ given that Sonny and Carly don't want him in the Corinthos family business. He just got to be CEO earlier that he might have otherwise—or not, seeing how the company changed leadership pretty often as a matter of habit.

• Love 1

But doesn't Michael owe the Quartermaines and AJ some loyalty for that? He's acting like the only people he needs to consider are Sonny and his ilk.

Michael told Margaux that he would use every legitimate means at his considerable disposal (that he got from the Quartermaines) to keep her from prosecuting Sonny for the crimes he actually did.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 4

If it wouldn't give Sonny and Carly even more right to screech and hate Monica and the Quartermaines, I would say that Monica should have a sit-down with Michael and tell him that, it is within his rights to forgive Sonny for murdering AJ, but to not expect her to be so forgiving and as long as he continues to allow Sonny and Carly into the Quatermaine mansion he will not be allowed to live there or work at ELQ.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

The poster said Michael has his job because of AJ who was killed by Sonny, not because Sonny killed AJ. She's right. The only reason Michael is CEO of ELQ is because he is a Quartermain.

• Love 8
19 hours ago, Linny said:

Jason's snit about Margaux deserving what's coming to her was my tipping point into madness today. Margaux's father was murdered, evidently by a hit placed by her own mother, and there's no sympathy for her at all. There's no drop of remorse from Sonny, there's no begrudging acceptance that Margaux is doing her JOB by pursuing avenues to press charges against Sonny (who's GUILTY, regardless of who placed the hit). Instead, we're forced to watch these fuckers rub their hands in glee that they're sitting on information that will devastate Margaux personally and potentially damage her professionally, all in the name of protecting Sonny from something he 100% did. I know I should be inured to this atrocious behavior by now, but these people are truly TRASH, and becoming more rank with every day.

I don't know if it would fix the show - GH might be too far gone for that - but the show would be much more enjoyable if they just admitted that Sonny and Jason are sociopaths.

• Love 3

It's not that I'm trying to defend Sonny because he's a shit stain and always has been, but I'm more pissed of at Sam and Jason on this one, if only because I at least get that Sonny is trying to save his own hide and doesn't want to go to jail.  But the hitman and his squeeze looking down on their nose on a woman who is seeking justice for having grown up without a father is just wretched. And all for the sake of logging their tounge up Sonny's ass just a half inch higher. Nothing else. I expected more, at least from Sam.

I still kind of ship her and Sonny though....Margeux has daddy issues and so do I, lol. I am ashamed. But this show is waay to vanilla for that to happen.

Edited by Bawoman
  • Love 5
50 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

I don't know if it would fix the show - GH might be too far gone for that - but the show would be much more enjoyable if they just admitted that Sonny and Jason are sociopaths.

I just don't get why this show decided to make the criminals their "heroes" and the "good guys". Even if once upon a time Steve Burton and Maurice Bernard's popularity was SO overwhelming that it worked, I refuse to believe that in 2018, those two are so overwhelmingly beloved and the be all and end all of the show that the writers must continue to make them win every time while keeping them as unapologetic murdering assholes. It's disgusting and it only succeeds in making anyone associated with them an asshole by association. But you know what, maybe I'm the minority and the majority General Hospital viewer really celebrate and loves those assholes that much. 

• Love 11

I mean, I'm never going to be on the side of the Sonny/Carly/Jason trinity.  But it would be much more palatable if they just conceded that they can see where she's coming from, that they would do the same in a similar situation.  But their aghast-ness at her pursuit is just so hypocritical and anger-making.  I mean, we just saw yesterday how far Carly went to get back at someone who crossed her, but someone else doing the same is over the line?  F-ing please.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 17

Okay, my girl Britt was giving me full-on life today - trolling Anna by "demanding" Patrick, shading the Rocco name change, chowing the hell down on some ribs, screwing with Dr. Michael Easton about how gross the idea of Anna and Faison Doing It is.

And while Lulu pouring a pitcher of margaritas on her was super soapy - and Lulu certainly has the right to hate Britt's guts forever for the whole Ben/Rocco thing - it comes off a little hypocritical when she's hanging with LWB/FS, apparently the greatest guy on Earth, ugh.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 10

It's not just that their pursuit of Margaux causes them no angst, it's that they're proud of doing exactly the kind of dirt that they're trying to dig up on Margauxs parents.

I'm shocked that Sonny of all people is the best of the four (five including Spinelli) because he has some empathy for Margaux's situation. I can't believe I actually liked Sonny today.

Terrible show today. Carly being smug about cleaning up Ferncliffe, Carly and Michael being smug about taking down Margaux (especially Carly getting self-righteous that Margaux brought up AJ when it was Carly and Sonny who were the ones who hurt him),  Jason and Sam being smug about Margaux, Anna being smug about Obrecht who at least checked her son by Faison was in a safe place.  Please, Ryan, do us a favour and kill Carly.

Even Lulu lost points forhappily being besties with Nina and Valentines but dumping lemonade on Britt, who is the only one who has served jail time for what she did wrong. Peter even admitted today that he held Jason hostage for 5 years but hasn't paid consequences for it.

I guess they're chem testing the teacher with Chase and Michael now.

14 hours ago, LexieLily said:

If it wouldn't give Sonny and Carly even more right to screech and hate Monica and the Quartermaines, I would say that Monica should have a sit-down with Michael and tell him that, it is within his rights to forgive Sonny for murdering AJ, but to not expect her to be so forgiving and as long as he continues to allow Sonny and Carly into the Quatermaine mansion he will not be allowed to live there or work at ELQ.

I Wish!!!  There really needs to be some consequences for Michael being all up in Sonny's and Carly's stuff. Being the CEO of ELQ and having all that Quartermaine money shouldn't be it.

3 hours ago, LexieLily said:

They do admit it, although they don't label it as such.  The problem is, as Jason's speech to Sam last week showed, he's proud of what he and Sonny do. And so is the show.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I Wish!!!  There really needs to be some consequences for Michael being all up in Sonny's and Carly's stuff. Being the CEO of ELQ and having all that Quartermaine money shouldn't be it.

Michael clearly has made his choices and doesn't want to be a Quartermaine, he shouldn't get access to the money. Simple as that. (But even that wouldn't be a hardship because he has Corinthos blood money at his disposal.) Maybe Monica should call Jax and remind him what could happen to the father of a Carly-but-not-Sonny child and help him to get Joss away from there.

• Love 4

So random.  This show's approach to the twentysomething set is baffling.

Random yes, but the only scenes besides Ryan/Mary Pat and Britt being Britt that I didn't hate.

At least the teacher is somewhat tied to the campus via Aiden and Charlotte.  It's got potential for making her a part of the show unlike Sasha which really seems to be forced.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Even Lulu lost points for happily being besties with Nina and Valentines but dumping lemonade on Britt, who is the only one who has served jail time for what she did wrong. Peter even admitted today that he held Jason hostage for 5 years but hasn't paid consequences for it.

Yes, I was happy for Lulu that she was still allowed to be angry with the "embryo-stealing quack," but she isn't allowed to be that way with Valentin, who stole her other embryo, so...

• Love 4

"Come on. Rocco? I mean, that is the stupidest name! What's wrong with Ben?" LMAO.

"I guess I'll get another pitcher." Double LMAO.

Kelly Thiebaud earned her paycheck today and then some. Britt's scenes were just the antidote I needed to combat the toxicity of JaSam and Sonny plotting to destroy Margaux. But Peter, dude, maybe don't act so aghast towards Britt when your own history is about as blemished as they come.

In other news, Ms. Tait and Chase would make an attractive pair and I sensed some chemistry there, but I guess since she and Michael are in the same bereavement group that they'll be pushed together instead. Which is annoying, since CD couldn't spark with a screen partner even if you handed him a match, and Chase is really in dire need of some romance (no, those lame Nelle flashbacks don't count).

• Love 13

Well yesterday I said I hated Sonny less than the 2 brown nosers and today proved me right. At least Sonny has SOME self awareness....sometimes.

Sam was just horrendous, though I'm starting to wonder if her being such a bitch to Margeux has something to do with her running around with Drew (aka the man she SHOULD be with). You made your choice, sit on it and spin.

Britt and Lulu were divine. 

• Love 12