Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

They said that last year's was a special election since the mayor had to step down. This is it's the regular one.

4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

But the conversation started with Laura acknowledging the personal "vitriol" Alexis experienced and worrying about putting her family through the same.

I think (hope) that it was a meta statement on politics in our time because it's foul out there.  (I think Dr. Ford still can't go home, and some of the memes like the Pocahontas ones are foul.)   Interesting that this episode aired the day packages were intercepted for the Clintons and the Obamas a couple of days after the one for Soros.

• Love 1

Does Sam just spend 90% of her day at home waiting to court visitors? We've seen her make that march to her front door so many times there should be a groove in the floor by now. I'm not begrudging her involvement in Oscar's storyline since that's at least a situation that only tangentially connects to Jason, but I have a hard time buying that she'd recommend Julian be used to sway Alexis.

Cam telling Liz he loved her was very sweet. As much as we hear about Liz being a great mom, it was nice to see one of her children show her some appreciation. So glad Franco wasn't there to spoil those scenes.

Dear show, if you wanted to do an election story with Laura, you should have finished what you started nine months ago instead of abruptly sending Laura packing. And UGH, now Laura's going to be crusading with Carly, whose screen time is only nearly matched by the volume of her hair (please cut that mess).

• Love 11

Why was Carly throwing the word snarky around 20,000 times? WHEN HAS LIZ EVER BEEN "SNARKY" TO JOSSLYN? WHAT HAPPENED TO THE WORD SARCASTIC? 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 9
12 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Why were Carly and her pupilless botox eyes throwing the word snarky around 20,000 times? WHEN HAS LIZ EVER BEEN "SNARKY" TO JOSSLYN? WHAT HAPPENED TO THE WORD SARCASTIC? 

This.  The writers were totally trolling fan forums because the one complaint I read all the time about anti Liz watchers is how she supposedly is snarky to everyone and rolls her eyes at everyone.  And both of those are what Carly accused Liz of today, TWICE.  

Liz had a scene, once, with Carly, two months ago, when she told her about the shoplifting.  Other than that, nada.  So, shut up Carly.  

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Perkie said:

So, shut up Carly.  

For always, forever.  Every time I think she can't get more annoying and awful, the writers are like, "Hold my beer."  And it'd maybe be bearable if we were supposed to think she's this awful shrew, but she's the town's primary heroine and matriarch, it's GARBAGE!

• Love 11
25 minutes ago, Linny said:

Does Sam just spend 90% of her day at home waiting to court visitors? We've seen her make that march to her front door so many times there should be a groove in the floor by now. I'm not begrudging her involvement in Oscar's storyline since that's at least a situation that only tangentially connects to Jason, but I have a hard time buying that she'd recommend Julian be used to sway Alexis.

She's a waste of space.  Does nothing.  No career besides helping Jasus solve crimes when he needs it and doesn't even raise her kids.  Scout comes out for Drew.  Danny comes out for Jasus.

• Love 2

Go away Carly! Your precious daughter is abrasive, just like you are. I'm sure Carly made that girl 100% by herself. There is no Jax in her whatsoever.

Kim needs to take a seat or a thousand. She refused to tell Julian anything about Oscar, and then gets on his ass for doing something. 

Look at Diane, not sneering at Drew. I wish they had more than 3 lawyers in PC.

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

They said that last year's was a special election since the mayor had to step down.

Right.  I remembered the stepping down, I just assumed that even though it was a special mayoral race, that it still counted and there wouldn't be another for 4 yrs (or however long they go between races)  

1 minute ago, YaddaYadda said:

She refused to tell Julian anything about Oscar, and then gets on his ass for doing something. 

This.  She spent three weeks going "I can't betray Oscar's confidences",  then today is all "bitch why did you give him a job, he wants to be emancipated".  Well geez, if Julian had known what the eff was going on, he wouldn't have offered Oscar the job.  Then after spending three weeks saying I can't betray, today she's all, hey, since you know Alexis so well, maybe you can talk to her about this.  Ugh.  

3 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Look at Diane, not sneering at Drew.

THIS.    I was SOOOOOOOOOO pissed to see Diane as his lawyer considering she treated him like garbage for weeks after he wasn't Jason.  Double UGH

• Love 9
Just now, Perkie said:

THIS.    I was SOOOOOOOOOO pissed to see Diane as his lawyer considering she treated him like garbage for weeks after he wasn't Jason.  Double UGH

They couldn't hire a day player?

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Hater said:

They had to have the Diane/Alexis scene where they comiserate with each other and understand each other's viewpoint, but at the same time, declare that each will win.  Can't do that with an unknown.  Where's MY Ric when you need him.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Perkie said:

This.  The writers were totally trolling fan forums because the one complaint I read all the time about anti Liz watchers is how she supposedly is snarky to everyone and rolls her eyes at everyone.  And both of those are what Carly accused Liz of today, TWICE.  

Liz had a scene, once, with Carly, two months ago, when she told her about the shoplifting.  Other than that, nada.  So, shut up Carly.  

Oh yeah that was the other thing - conversation goes like this:

Carly: don't be snarky to Josslyn.

Liz: I'm fine with Josslyn.

Carly: what about the time you said that Josslyn was stealing? Even though she was stealing when I was in Ferncliff.

Whaaaaaat?

2 hours ago, Hater said:

They should have gotten back that lawyer who was an ass to Franco.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3
59 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Oh yeah that was the other thing - conversation goes like this:

Carly: don't be snarky to Josslyn.

Liz: I'm fine with Josslyn.

Carly: what about the time you said that Josslyn was stealing? Even though she was stealing when I was in Ferncliff.

Whaaaaaat?

I thought Laura Wright was shrewder than this to think that the audience wants to see this much of her character or her boyfriend.

They should have gotten back that lawyer who was an ass to Franco.

Carly being pissed at Liz for telling her that Josslyn was stealing is HEE-LARIOUS considering it was the fucking truth.  Shut up, Carly.

Also, I don't think Laura Wright cares what the storyline is as long as she gets airtime. #GHBaby #CarlysWorld 

• Love 2

What, exactly, is Laura, with help from the ever present Carly, going to do at Ferncliff? What power does Laura have to investigate or do a look-around or anything else? She has no government job, no law enforcement job or anything else. Who writes this absolute crap?

• Love 4
17 hours ago, ciarra said:

Carly's got a shoplifting daughter who just broke up with her first boyfriend, a son whose baby died, a brother with a newly adopted baby with heart issues, a father-in-law with Alzheimer's, the specter of Dead Morgan, a hotel which supposedly can't run without her, and yet she's got time to help the mentally ill. 

A) Carly resolved the shoplifting by telling Josslyn "I bet it felt good to get away with it," and "I love you";  B) Nelle was the mother of the dead baby, so I assume Carly just wants him to get over it; C) Carly told Jason right as the storyline was starting that her concern was how Mike's Alzheimer's would affect Sonny (they are not caring for Mike all alone), yes, she is forever mourning Morgan; D) the hotel can't run without her partner Olivia being there. She totally has time to run to a mental institution and prove to more people that she's braveandstrongandloveswithherwholeheart. Can Ryan please stab her for being a nuisance who interferes with his plan.

• Love 2

Why, yes. She was a wig on a stick so that qualifies her to investigate a mental hospital as to how it’s treating it’s patients who can type out Morse Code on adjacent walls between cells. Yeah, that’s it. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

And you weren't held against your will, Carly, you pleaded guilty and that was your sentence.

This gives me a rage blackout. Laura and Carly should not be working together on anything. I don't need them to hate each other, but watching them team up to take down Ferncliffe is really disconcerting.

I thought that was NLG talking about the current state of US elections.

I know. I wouldn't be surprised if they just let NLG ad lib the whole thing.

5 hours ago, ulkis said:

Why was Carly throwing the word snarky around 20,000 times? WHEN HAS LIZ EVER BEEN "SNARKY" TO JOSSLYN? WHAT HAPPENED TO THE WORD SARCASTIC? 

When has Elizabeth said anything to Josslyn? Carly's entire visit was so WTF. 

f Diane and Alexis really cared about about Oscar, they would insist on a family sit-down conversation to talk about all the repercussions of the emancipation an the treatment.

There should be a family sit-down regardless. I feel like Oscar doesn't have a clear idea what the trial is all about, Kim is too set on her opinion to really hear him, and Drew is trying a bit too hard to be a parent.

5 hours ago, Perkie said:
5 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

She refused to tell Julian anything about Oscar, and then gets on his ass for doing something. 

This.  She spent three weeks going "I can't betray Oscar's confidences",  then today is all "bitch why did you give him a job, he wants to be emancipated".  Well geez, if Julian had known what the eff was going on, he wouldn't have offered Oscar the job.  Then after spending three weeks saying I can't betray, today she's all, hey, since you know Alexis so well, maybe you can talk to her about this.  Ugh.  

Ugh, I know. And her running around town asking people to talk to Alexis is ridiculous. (I don't think Alexis was wrong about Scott, tbh, even if it was kind of a cheap shot.)

• Love 5

Laura: "So you were thrown into Ferncliffe and forced into treatment against your will."

Are you kidding me with this bullshit, show?  That's not what happened AT ALL and given the writers wrote it you'd think they'd know that.  Carly was not the victim here--she tried to con the system to get out of prison and it didn't work.  

Between that and Carly lecturing Elizabeth to be nice to Josslyn when she's never been anything but, really highlighted what an awful, awful character Carly is.

• Love 10

Drew can't be best man at Curtis' wedding because he's too busy wringing his hands over Oscar?  Seriously?  He can't take one day off from a kid that doesn't want to see him anyway?

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Laura: "So you were thrown into Ferncliffe and forced into treatment against your will."

Are you kidding me with this bullshit, show?  That's not what happened AT ALL and given the writers wrote it you'd think they'd know that.  Carly was not the victim here--she tried to con the system to get out of prison and it didn't work.  

Between that and Carly lecturing Elizabeth to be nice to Josslyn when she's never been anything but, really highlighted what an awful, awful character Carly is.

No surprise that Carly would see it that way, but it's still awful that she is blaming the DA and Mary Pat and everyone besides her and Sonny for a situation that was ENTIRELY of her own making.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I feel like Oscar doesn't have a clear idea what the trial is all about,

This.  "If I do the trial it could kill me sooner".  Ok, but it might also not kill you at all.  You're choice is no treatment = 100% death versus treatment = 50% survival (or higher)How is there even a conversation here.  

9 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't think Alexis was wrong about Scott,

. I don't know, Scott can be douchey sometimes, but I want to believe that he wouldn't be when it comes to a dying teenager.

8 hours ago, LexieLily said:

she is blaming  everyone besides her and Sonny for a situation that was ENTIRELY of her own making.

General Hospital since 2000.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Perkie said:

This.  "If I do the trial it could kill me sooner".  Ok, but it might also not kill you at all.  You're choice is no treatment = 100% death versus treatment = 50% survival (or higher)How is there even a conversation here.  

But did they give those survival rates? I thought when the trials were first brought up it was mentioned that Oscar's prognosis was dire, that the treatment had a low rate of success and could potentially kill him. At 50%, that is a pretty good gamble to make especially as he has an inoperable tumor with a high mortality rate. 

Switching gears, Laura is delusional if she thinks that she can mount a mayoral campaign with just weeks to the election. Forget her spotty work history where she has  not held a job for more than a year. Forget that she has spent half of the last 20 years either in a mental institution or living overseas. Forget that she dropped out of the election last time at the last minute. Forget she has no real campaign issue like she did last time to motivate the voters. 

Her biggest obstacle is going to be battling voter apathy so that she would get enough of them to write in her name to get a majority over the incumbent mayor in Ned.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Perkie said:

Right.  I remembered the stepping down, I just assumed that even though it was a special mayoral race, that it still counted and there wouldn't be another for 4 yrs (or however long they go between races)  

I don't know if they ever addressed how long mayor's serve in PC, but some cities do have one-year mayoral terms.

17 hours ago, LillyB said:

I am sure that Sam's kids think that Monica is their mother

Boarding schools raised AJ and Jason.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Perkie said:

I don't know, Scott can be douchey sometimes, but I want to believe that he wouldn't be when it comes to a dying teenager.

And didn't Alexis say that she hoped Kim and Drew would prevail?  So it seems like she was saying Scotty would basically go big to win for his client while Alexis is planning a more muted approach because she's not really on Oscar's side.  Which...is not great maybe?

Again, this was all better when Oscar was being played by Matthew Buchanan.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And didn't Alexis say that she hoped Kim and Drew would prevail?  So it seems like she was saying Scotty would basically go big to win for his client while Alexis is planning a more muted approach because she's not really on Oscar's side.  Which...is not great maybe?

Not that this show cares about history but Dominique also died of a brain tumor.so if they went by history which I doubt I'm not really sure what Scotty would have done.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

But did they give those survival rates? I thought when the trials were first brought up it was mentioned that Oscar's prognosis was dire, that the treatment had a low rate of success and could potentially kill him. At 50%, that is a pretty good gamble to make especially as he has an inoperable tumor with a high mortality rate. 

Right now Oscar is supposedly 100 percent going to die. So why not give the trial a chance? We don't have a time frame for his survival (i.e., no one has said he has X months to live), but I doubt he'll be dead three days after the trial begins. And given that all he's doing is moping around, any extra time he has to live isn't being used productively anyway.

The better story would be that Oscar is actively checking things off his bucket list and he doesn't want the trial to get in the way of that. But instead we get this mess.

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Kim doesn't have a hole in her heart the size of the moon, so she's ahead there, at least.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

The better story would be that Oscar is actively checking things off his bucket list and he doesn't want the trial to get in the way of that. But instead we get this mess.

Definitely. Quality over quantity of life is a valid debating point. Moping over quantity, not so much.  And, as I have stated, it is quite natural for terminal patients to be severely depressed for obvious reasons, but it's not serving this story the way they want to seem to be telling it.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Ugh, I know. And her running around town asking people to talk to Alexis is ridiculous. (I don't think Alexis was wrong about Scott, tbh, even if it was kind of a cheap shot.)

What's worst with this is that this situation is of Kim's own making. Oscar has been sick for two years, apparently he has had no treatment, not even chemo. We've recently had two high profile cases in the news for this type of cancer and both men were receiving some kind of a treatment for it, so the show is extra stupid for even going down this road. 

Kim can have a tall glass of STFU. If Oscar had known that he was sick early on, then maybe this entire situation could have been avoided. Her slapping Alexis was completely uncalled for when she has done everything in her power to keep her grown ass, smart son in the dark about his illness. That alone should be enough for the judge to emancipate him. I will never understand the writers' reasoning behind this storyline. 

Julian has been extremely patient with her. He did not deserve to be chewed out by her. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:
3 hours ago, nilyank said:

Right now Oscar is supposedly 100 percent going to die. So why not give the trial a chance? We don't have a time frame for his survival (i.e., no one has said he has X months to live), but I doubt he'll be dead three days after the trial begins. And given that all he's doing is moping around, any extra time he has to live isn't being used productively anyway.

Agreed. And as far as the trial, as a wise Homer and a wise Dumb and Dumber once said, "So you're saying that there's a chance...."

Can West Coast summarize what East Coast missed due to the Special Report?

• Love 1

Alexis failed to adequately impress upon Oscar that without treatment he will decline.  How will he pay rent, food, medical care* and prescription painkillers as he gets sicker?  Can you bus tables from a prone position?  Who lived in the boxcar, Jason or Lucky, and is it still available?  Because that's all a busboy will be able to afford.  Plus Julian made the job conditional on going back to school.  So part-time busboy.

*I assume once he "divorces" Kim, he's no longer covered under her medical insurance plan?

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, ciarra said:

*I assume once he "divorces" Kim, he's no longer covered under her medical insurance plan?

I'm not sure about that.  We all legally automatically divorce our parents at 18, but we can usually stay on their insurance plan for longer.  But, there is no way Oscar would get emancipated.  How could he make enough money as a bus boy to fully support himself?  Is Julian also giving him a room?  Maybe he is, I haven't been paying attention.  I guess maybe he can eat for free, too?  But, no judge would ignore the medical condition.  Or, that he is showing signs of depression and not showing great signs of maturity.  Now, that's not to say that a judge might not rule that he can make his own medical decisions without the emancipation.  Which would make more sense.

• Love 2

These writers are unbelievable. "Hey, we finally got Steve Burton back! Time to put Jason and Sam back together! We know all the fans will love that.  But wait, the two of them are a giant snooze who act like it's work to be in the same hemisphere with each other.  No worries! We'll just have everyone around them talk about how perfect they are together. Carly, you're first!  Hmm not enough. Enter Kristina!  Interesting... still doesn't really make them see passionate.  Let's bring in Spinelli and have him say that no couple who has ever loved each other could have ever loved as deeply as Sir Blinks-a-lot and Whispering Wind."

Newsflash.  They are dull. There is no chemistry there.  Telling me over and over how they are desperate to be in a relationship and that they have loved more deeply than anyone in the history of bad writing has ever loved still won't make me care about them. Move on. And having the most obnoxious characters (Carly, Kristina, and Spinelli) telling me what I'm supposed to think is not ever going to work.  Why not throw Nina into the mix?  And I just know Sonny is going to weigh in before too much longer.

• Love 14

Did we know Anna has been off looking for Dr. O?  That seemed like new information.  And asking Dr. Michael Easton - a doctor and not a law enforcement agent or official of any kind - to be her backup was stupid.  Just because you're banging him doesn't mean he has to come to work with you, Anna.

Hmmm a potential cult?  That's kinda old-school soapy. 

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Did we know Anna has been off looking for Dr. O? 

I think someone mentioned it to LWB.  Forget who.

Still waiting for the other half of the necklace to show up.  #fakedaughter

11 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Can I just say it warms my heart whenever I see people using LWB or LWB/FS.  Remember the days of "Princes of Douchey Tides"?

• Love 2
6 hours ago, nilyank said:

I thought when the trials were first brought up it was mentioned that Oscar's prognosis was dire,

The trial results seems to change depending on the current story.  When Kim first mentioned Oscar's cancer to Drew, it was in the context that she had checked out every alternative in the past two years and there was no hope. He was going to die.  Then it was there is a trial starting in December and we need to sign him up for it, but he kept saying no.  This week Kim's saying she got him into the December trial and he needs to get over this court thing before then since he has a decent shot of survival with it.  So, depending on who the writers are and what day of the week it is, Oscar could die or he could live.  

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, ciarra said:
46 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Did we know Anna has been off looking for Dr. O? 

Finn did.  Peter overheard Finn and Chase talking about it.  finn laid it on thick that Anna was doing this to protect Peter's worthless butt.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

Can West Coast summarize what East Coast missed due to the Special Report?

Here in Toronto, didn't miss anything.  Do you need to know yesterday or today's epi?

If it's today......

Anna's back in town.  Hasn't found Liesl.  WSB still searching.  sexy times with Finn. 

Spin's in town to let us all know that JaSam are the twuest love that ever was.  Also Margo's mom didn't cash in life insurance on dear old dad when he disapeared 30 years ago, but did when the body resurfaced.  Insurance not paying out but opening investigation.  Oh noes, what does that possibly mean for poor poor Sonny. 

Oscar looking for a place to stay.  Everything too expensive.  Daisy (chick who invited Kris to concert in the park and is now asking her to bonfire on the beach) offers a room in the place she's living with a bunch of people.

Julian talks to alexis.  She feels Oscar has the right to make his decisions and beleives that once he has that control, he will do the right thing and take the drug trial.

Sasha needs to go home  to her vague temping job.  Nina says she can't get temp jobs here.  valentin wants her to meet Charlotte and witness the wonders of Nina as a mom.  Twist her rubber arm, Sasha agrees to stay for a bit.  

Nonsense talk between Peter and Maxie.  Hey remember that time they got stuck in the elevator together and she had to talk him down.  She wants him to go Halloween costume shopping for James and he's into it.  

Pretty much the gist of it.  

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

These writers are unbelievable. "Hey, we finally got Steve Burton back! Time to put Jason and Sam back together! We know all the fans will love that.  But wait, the two of them are a giant snooze who act like it's work to be in the same hemisphere with each other.  No worries! We'll just have everyone around them talk about how perfect they are together. Carly, you're first!  Hmm not enough. Enter Kristina!  Interesting... still doesn't really make them see passionate.  Let's bring in Spinelli and have him say that no couple who has ever loved each other could have ever loved as deeply as Sir Blinks-a-lot and Whispering Wind."

Newsflash.  They are dull. There is no chemistry there.  Telling me over and over how they are desperate to be in a relationship and that they have loved more deeply than anyone in the history of bad writing has ever loved still won't make me care about them. Move on. And having the most obnoxious characters (Carly, Kristina, and Spinelli) telling me what I'm supposed to think is not ever going to work.  Why not throw Nina into the mix?  And I just know Sonny is going to weigh in before too much longer.

Sam is acting out of guilt, not love.  

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Spin's in town to let us all know that JaSam are the twuest love that ever was. 

God, can he not?  Does he not have a life on the other side of the country that is more important than swooping in and trying to smoosh Jasam's faces together and say "kiss?"  

Can some show I don't watch hire BA for a perm gig so he stops having to rely on the money these drive-bys pay him?

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, bamajen said:

Sam is acting out of guilt, not love.  

She even went down the list of people that were rooting for / expecting her and Jason to get back together and that list somehow included Monica. Um, wouldn't Monica want her (former) daughter-in-law to be with the son that is actually willing to talk to her and wants a relationship with her?

Oscar tells Kristina that he is emancipating himself from his parents and Kristina goes "You mean Drew and your mom?" Yes, Kristina. Those are his parents. Is Kristina that dumb or is the writing just that bad?

• Love 6

Oh, look, Spinelli wants mommy and daddy to get back together. I swear, they bring his useless ass on just for this. 

Brad, today, you have to recite that line from the last time you were here and the time before that and before that.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 4
32 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

God, can he not?  Does he not have a life on the other side of the country that is more important than swooping in and trying to smoosh Jasam's faces together and say "kiss?"  

Isn't Ellie sick of these cross-country, mob-associated trips?

• Love 6