Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Will we ever be rid of Parker? Go back to Eugene, Kristina. One whiny character per episode is more than enough.

If they wanted to do a cancer storyline, they chose the character to do it with very badly. Oscar can go and die now. Thanks!

I thought Carly was going to grab Cam by the scruff of the neck and drag him out of the house. I was sincerely shocked by her reaction. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And while I am very over them being romantically involved, I like Laura and Scotty as people who have known each other a long time and will always have affection for each other,

Same here. It's the relationship they should have. Something grownup and mature. For a change.

6 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Speaking of people I wish would be killed, OMG, how annoying is Kristina.  This character is just completely uninteresting, impossible to root for, just go away.

All she does is snipe at Alexis and whine that her life sucks. Gah. Alexis isn't helping things. I get she wants to help, but she needs to stay out of Kristina's life. Her daughter is an adult (supposedly™ Silas Clay forever). She needs to figure things out on her own.

LOL at her slugging down liquor directly from the bottle in that lame park.

What an abrupt cut to go from Alexis's session with Ryan to him alone at his desk tapping out SOS. Her session didn't seem to be finished.

Oscar is an idiot. Why isn't he doing any research on his own? He's just going to give up completely? If I were Kim and Drew, I'd want to hear that he has a plan more thought out than "I want to live my remaining life the way I want to life it" with no details. Also, don't minors have to show they can financially support themselves before they can be emancipated? Does Oscar think he can tap the Q trust fund?

9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Does Oscar think he can tap the Q trust fund?

Oscar has stopped thinking.

Monica would make him be in the drug trial before she gave him any money. Michael, on the other hand...

12 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

What an abrupt cut to go from Alexis's session with Ryan to him alone at his desk tapping out SOS. Her session didn't seem to be finished.

It's only purpose was to convince Alexis to take on Oscar's case.  After her revelation, the show was done with it.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Same here. It's the relationship they should have. Something grownup and mature. For a change.

All she does is snipe at Alexis and whine that her life sucks. Gah. Alexis isn't helping things. I get she wants to help, but she needs to stay out of Kristina's life. Her daughter is an adult (supposedly™ Silas Clay forever). She needs to figure things out on her own.

LOL at her slugging down liquor directly from the bottle in that lame park.

Oscar is an idiot. Why isn't he doing any research on his own? He's just going to give up completely? If I were Kim and Drew, I'd want to hear that he has a plan more thought out than "I want to live my remaining life the way I want to life it" with no details. Also, don't minors have to show they can financially support themselves before they can be emancipated? Does Oscar think he can tap the Q trust fund?

That was hilarious!  First, a lightweight like Kristina is chugging from a giant bottle of booze.  And she doesn't even hide it. Who even does that?

• Love 3
7 hours ago, bannana said:

That was hilarious!  First, a lightweight like Kristina is chugging from a giant bottle of booze.  And she doesn't even hide it. Who even does that?

I saw that and thought, "At least someone on the show knows how to properly watch it." #drunkintheafternoon

You know Kristina getting drunk will be Julian's fault. And Ava's.

Carly wanting to reform Ferncliff. She does realize it is for the criminally insane, like Heather? No way this will come back and bite her?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

Carly wanting to reform Ferncliff. She does realize it is for the criminally insane, like Heather? No way this will come back and bite her?

It's Carly. Of course it won't come back and bite her. She'll be hailed as the savior of mental health. Ugh.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

No way this will come back and bite her?

She's Carly, GH's heroine. Strong and brave and loves with her whole heart. Of course it won't come back to bite her! She's going to be the one to expose Ryan too. Because she's just so special...<sarc>

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

She's Carly, GH's heroine.  . . . She's going to be the one to expose Ryan too. Because she's just so special...<sarc>

My head's still hurting from the Morse code dream anvil that was dropped yesterday. 

• Love 4

Kim, girl, normally I'm a big fan, but I'm deducting some points for that slap. I know she's terrified of losing her son and equally terrified of losing what little control she has over the situation, but that was not good form. And Alexis may be strong enough to handle it, but she shouldn't have to. 

I'm pretty amused by Sasha desiring to stir up trouble and blatantly checking out Griffin. I'm not sure how long the character is going to be around, but I like her bad-girl vibe and the actress is good. And really, any daughter of Nina should be at least a little off-kilter.

I don't know why Sam was so embarrassed by Drunk! Kristina, when Kristina wasn't saying anything drunk that she wouldn't say sober. She's so awful, always, and I truly can't find anything redeeming in her. She and her self-made problems and unromantic attempts at playing cupid are just a giant timesuck.

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Did they bring Kristina back so that she can prop Sam and Jason? Because she can go back to Eugene any minute now. 

Eugene doesn't want her whiney, entitled ass.

• Love 4

How old is Kristina? 23? 24? She should have transitioned into a bitchy soap diva by now. She's still playing the bratty teenager. Give her at least a modicum of poise and maturity, good lord. She'd probably still suck but it's time. How many years are we supposed to watch Kristina the screw up alternate between temper tantrums and finding herself unsuccessfully? It's lousy writing but it's also LA. It's not her fault she still looks 16 but acting like she's still 16 is. Just like CD should come across as a smooth and sophisticated multi millionaire given Michael's background. Instead he's an emotional, awkward, helpless, man child. 

Edited by CharethCutestory
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

Is this supposed to be the slow-burn buildup to the JaSam reunion? Everyone lining up to tell them how much they want each other and love each other? That's - special.

That’s usually how they write Sam’s relationships. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

She's Carly, GH's heroine. Strong and brave and loves with her whole heart. Of course it won't come back to bite her! She's going to be the one to expose Ryan too. Because she's just so special...<sarc>

It bothers me that Carly is going to be the hero to figure it out, or at least be invovled. Not Laura, Kevin's current wife. Not Lucy, Kevin's girlfriend/wife for Ryan 1.0. Not Felicia or Mac, victims of Ryan. Not even any of the children of people invovled in Ryan 1.0 (Lulu, Maxie, Serena/Christina). It's going to be Carly, the mobster's wife that the ONLY reason she knows ANYTHING about Ryan is because she was in Ferncliff because she manipulated the justice system to go to a mental hospital instead of prison. Why do Sonny/Jason/Carly have to be a part of everything?!

• Love 10
3 hours ago, CharethCutestory said:

How old is Kristina? 23? 24? She should have transitioned into a bitchy soap diva by now. She's still playing the bratty teenager. Give her at least a modicum of poise and maturity, good lord. She'd probably still suck but it's time. How many years are we supposed to watch Kristina the screw up alternate between temper tantrums and finding herself unsuccessfully? It's lousy writing but it's also LA. It's not her fault she still looks 16 but acting like she's still 16 is. Just like CD should come across as a smooth and sophisticated multi millionaire given Michael's background. Instead he's an emotional, awkward, helpless, man child. 

Kristina is 26, lol. I like LA, but yeah she portrays Kristina as a brat. I was one of the few who liked Lindsey Morgan as Kristina because she was portrayed as a woman and given grown up storylines. LA wouldn't have been able to handle that material they gave LM or the material they have CL or KA (when she was Starr).

4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Did they bring Kristina back so that she can prop Sam and Jason? Because she can go back to Eugene any minute now. 

JaSam is a so-called supercouple. They shouldn't have to need Kristina to prop them if they are a strong as they are said to be. The viewers see that the chemistry is off between those two and it is definitely not the same as it used to be so they writers are working overtime to prove that chem is still there. Personally, i'm ready for Jason to have new women in his life and Sam and Drew can mumble together.

On 10/21/2018 at 11:44 AM, Hater said:

Maybe the twist is Scully is actually Margo's father and not Marino. So INTERESTING. I'm waiting with anticipation!

Is this just going to go in the direction of Scummy sleeping with Margo?  Since I don't see EH leaving anytime soon.  I don't know what will happen with the Drew/Margo thing.

Sonny ended up killing Scully so if that is her father, he still technically killed her father. It's rumored that Drew and Margaux aren't happening and EH will be gone after Ryan is caught.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, CharethCutestory said:

Kristina was 21 back in 2012 so 27 now. And yes LA and CD needed to go along time ago. CD has always been listless and his version of Michael vanilla as hell.  LA is awful yet they always give her heavy material or witty one liners and she pulls off neither heavy drama or comedy. They never quite got the casting or writing right after soras for either character. 

Edited by In2You
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, In2You said:

Kristina was 21 back in 2012 so 27 now. And yes LA and CD needed to go along time ago. CD has always been listless and his version of Michael vanilla as hell.  LA is awful yet they always give her heavy material or witty one liners and she pulls off neither heavy drama or comedy. They never quite got the casting or writing right after soras for either character. 

Wow she's older than I thought lol That's even more pathetic. Yeah LA and CD need to go. Unfortunately with the current regime in place I don't see that happening. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, avocadohead said:

Sonny ended up killing Scully so if that is her father, he still technically killed her father. It's rumored that Drew and Margaux aren't happening and EH will be gone after Ryan is caught.

EH will be on the show as long as Frank wants her there, no matter if her character is a dud, has no story, has no where else to go.  If he likes you, he will keep you even if it's at the detriment of the show.

12 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

lmao what? Just what? How fucking stupid.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, In2You said:

Dishwater Duell is definitely still on this show because MB likes him. He would have been gone a long time ago on any other show. Since Kristina is barely on as is, they really don't care about recasting.

41 minutes ago, Hater said:

EH will be on the show as long as Frank wants her there, no matter if her character is a dud, has no story, has no where else to go.  If he likes you, he will keep you even if it's at the detriment of the show.

A set insider dropped that she will be gone soon and she's not even recurring. I doubt BM wants to be in a pairing with her anyway. They could be wrong, but if she's not going to be with Drew and her father is someone who isn't connected to the canvas, what's her purpose? Kim is more useless than she is, but she has a Quartermaine baby.

2 minutes ago, avocadohead said:

A set insider dropped that she will be gone soon and she's not even recurring. I doubt BM wants to be in a pairing with her anyway. They could be wrong, but if she's not going to be with Drew and her father is someone who isn't connected to the canvas, what's her purpose? Kim is more useless than she is, but she has a Quartermaine baby.

She can be Sonny's.  I doubt Billy even wants to be on the show outside of getting paid at this point, so whatever he wants really doesn't matter, he's there to collect a check.

• Love 2

"Yes, I have a daughter. A daughter with Silas. She lived!" LOL at the way MS said that, like, "I dare you to think otherwise!"

6 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Seriously. There are enough other people doing that we don't need to add Kristina to the chorus. Shut up, Kristina.

6 hours ago, Linny said:

I'm deducting some points for that slap.

I'm deducting all the point for that slap. You don't go around physically attacking people because you don't like what they're saying. Kim is lucky Alexis knew where that slap was coming from.

2 hours ago, avocadohead said:

It's rumored that Drew and Margaux aren't happening and EH will be gone after Ryan is caught.

I hope this rumor is true. Margaux is pointless and I don't think EH is a good fit on GH.

• Love 5

Carly already interfered in Oscar's relationship so I;m sure she'll be happy to tell Alexis how dare she do this.

Is it too much to hope that seeing his mother slap Alexis will bring Oscar to his senses?

7 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Is this supposed to be the slow-burn buildup to the JaSam reunion? Everyone lining up to tell them how much they want each other and love each other? That's - special.

How else are we supposed to know their great love unless characters like e Spinelli and Kristina tell us so?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, avocadohead said:

Kristina is 26, lol. I like LA, but yeah she portrays Kristina as a brat. I was one of the few who liked Lindsey Morgan as Kristina because she was portrayed as a woman and given grown up storylines. LA wouldn't have been able to handle that material they gave LM or the material they have CL or KA (when she was Starr).

JaSam is a so-called supercouple. They shouldn't have to need Kristina to prop them if they are a strong as they are said to be. The viewers see that the chemistry is off between those two and it is definitely not the same as it used to be so they writers are working overtime to prove that chem is still there. Personally, i'm ready for Jason to have new women in his life and Sam and Drew can mumble together.

Lindsey tried to play Kristina like an adult but she got beyond juvenile plotlines(whining about parents getting her into college, that reality show with the shaky camera, chasing a man she knew nothing about like a lost puppy).  I always thought she had potential which was quickly seen since she moved on to The 100 a few months after GH. Even Lindsey said the character was an unlikable brat. 

Edited by In2You

Carly's got a shoplifting daughter who just broke up with her first boyfriend, a son whose baby died, a brother with a newly adopted baby with heart issues, a father-in-law with Alzheimer's, the specter of Dead Morgan, a hotel which supposedly can't run without her, and yet she's got time to help the mentally ill. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Jesus God already! Can Ryan get up to some actual killin'?! My list is long and time is short. I swear to god he better not get caught BEFORE he kills some of these people.  

I never saw Ryan before, and JL as Ryan pretending to be Kevin is fascinating to watch.  But!  It is quite obvious he is sinister and creepy so WTF hasn't anyone other than Laura noticed?  I don't think he will get to many of the people on your list before he is sussed out.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

ow else are we supposed to know their great love unless characters like e Spinelli and Kristina tell us so?

Nothing says "I love you" like someone else telling you.  

• Love 15

As if the trope of the drunk truth-teller isn't obnoxious enough, let's have one of the all-time obnoxious characters on the show try and pull it off.  And, yes, I mean if Spinelli (blech) and Kristina (ugh) are saying how "hot" Jasam are for each other it must be true, right?  Nevermind all evidence to the contrary.

This awful, awful show.

• Love 3

That caregiver PSA kind of rubbed me the wrong way. Not that the organization itself isn't worthy, but given that Sonny has unlimited funds, it's kind of tone-deaf. Sonny can pay for anything Mike needs, and Sonny's interaction with Mike is pretty limited. He squeezes out a few tears when Mike remembers what a terrible father he was. Sonny does NONE of the heavy lifting. Carly does more, FFS. Ugh.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Sonny does NONE of the heavy lifting. Carly does more, FFS. Ugh.

Consistency!  When did Sonny ever do any of the heavy lifting for anyone other than Jason maybe?

The Liz/Franco scene in the park -- I smiled at the part where Liz said how could she have missed Aiden's problem and Franco replied she's right, went on about what a terrible parent she is. And then I made my daughter watch it because that's exactly what I do with her  (she has a generalized anxiety disorder) and she laughed at it and said she likes Franco.  (She's only been watching the show for a year and missed all the murder hobo stuff.)  Adlerian psychologists call it "spitting in your soup", and CBT therapists use it, although not so bluntly.  It was a nice change to see someone handling a situation well because then we got Sam and Jason dealing with drunk Kristina, or Kim going off on Alexis, or the whole Sonny/Mike/Carly thing.

• Love 3

Shut up, Alexis.  The "vitriol" during the campaign was her personal, professional, and romantic history with the mob - all 100% true - being reported in the press.  And then she had to go and slam Scotty.

And shut up, Carly.  Her whining to Laura about Ferncliff was so annoying.  Does she also need to be in this (rehashed) mayoral election storyline too, is there really no safe space?!?!  Also, how much power would the mayor have over Ferncliff, it's not city-run, right?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

ECT IS NOT A FRAUD!!!!  It's the only thing that can help some very bad depressions.  It's irresponsible for the show to keep saying that it's a fake treatment. 

And you weren't held against your will, Carly, you pleaded guilty and that was your sentence.

If Diane and Alexis really cared about about Oscar, they would insist on a family sit-down conversation to talk about all the repercussions of the emancipation an the treatment.  I wonder if Dr. Massey is free.

14 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Shut up, Alexis.  The "vitriol" during the campaign was her personal, professional, and romantic history with the mob - all 100% true - being reported in the press.  And then she had to go and slam Scotty.

I thought that was NLG talking about the current state of US elections. It can't be a coincidence that Port Charles is having an election just at this time.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I thought that was NLG talking about the current state of US elections. It can't be a coincidence that Port Charles is having an election just at this time.

But the conversation started with Laura acknowledging the personal "vitriol" Alexis experienced and worrying about putting her family through the same.  But as I complained about ad nauseum at the time, nothing that was said about Alexis and her personal/professional/romantic ties to the mob was untrue.

• Love 2