Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

his doctor would try him on something else with the conclusion that the current treatment wasn't working

But that's the thing. Andre DID tell him to come in for blood work because he was spiraling. Morgan blew him off. Repeatedly. So AFAIC, Morgan, and ONLY Morgan, was responsible for his death. I know Ava switched the pills and I'm not condoning that. But if he was so committed to getting better, he would have taken action, not just whine. Then again, look who his parents are...

Meh. I think that cover shot was photoshopped. On both sides. It doesn't look to me like either pair actually posed together.

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

But that's the thing. Andre DID tell him to come in for blood work because he was spiraling. Morgan blew him off. Repeatedly. So AFAIC, Morgan, and ONLY Morgan, was responsible for his death. I know Ava switched the pills and I'm not condoning that. But if he was so committed to getting better, he would have taken action, not just whine. Then again, look who his parents are...

At that point Morgan was spiralling and he had no idea why. As far as he knew, he was taking his medication and even though Andre asked him to come in, it was not like Morgan was able to make a completely informed decision about his condition.

As I said previously,  the only responsible for Morgan's death is Olivia with a strong assist by Ava. If Ava would have just allowed Morgan and Kiki to implode naturally,  they would have broken up. No would have gotten hurt or more imporatly have died. Morgan became only more emotional, needy and desperate to be around Kiki as soon as his moods was tampered with when he no longer was on his prescribed medication.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, nilyank said:

At that point Morgan was spiralling and he had no idea why. As far as he knew, he was taking his medication and even though Andre asked him to come in, it was not like Morgan was able to make a completely informed decision about his condition.

As I said previously,  the only responsible for Morgan's death is Olivia with a strong assist by Ava. If Ava would have just allowed Morgan and Kiki to implode naturally,  they would have broken up. No would have gotten hurt or more imporatly have died. Morgan became only more emotional, needy and desperate to be around Kiki as soon as his moods was tampered with when he no longer was on his prescribed medication.

You're both wrong.  The reaper in charge of Port Charles is most at fault. If he/she would do the job correctly, then Olivia wouldn't have been around to plant the bomb.

• Love 3

Shut up, Frank('s intern):

1) Like Carly ripping into a woman is some can't-miss event!

And 2) a more accurate tease might be "Mob moll mouths off to prosecutor who dared to accuse husband of crime he 100% committed".

• Love 15

Back in the day, when SBrown played Carly, at least people knew her lashing out (particularly at other women) was about her insecurities.  Now it's done to make Carly always seem righteous which is the exact opposite of what she is as a character.  Not to mention, I think LW relishes playing a bully way too much and it makes it doubly offensive to watch.

• Love 13
28 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Back in the day, when SBrown played Carly,

Sarah Brown was so awesome as Carly.  She made you like Carly even as she did bad things because you just knew deep down she wasn't a bad person.  She just had issues.  Not that it made her behavior, OK, of course, just more relatable.  And, once she told Bobbie that Bobbie was her mother (that was a pretty heartwrenching scene with Bobbie not believing her at first), you could root for that relationship.  Current Carly only cares about Bobbie when she needs a babysitter or something else from her.

• Love 3

Wait, wait, wait, the latest JaSam stopgap is that the sexual attraction is TOO STRONG for Sam to handle? (And she needed a bottle of wine to get through that conversation.)

And Carly's stunning defense of Sonny is that no matter how many bad things he's done, there are plenty worse things that he DIDN'T do?? ("Gee, Monica, Sonny shot A.J., but at least he didn't set him on fire beforehand!")

If I didn't know better, I'd think the show was intentionally parodying itself. But no, it's painfully earnest, much to my detriment. 

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, Linny said:

And Carly's stunning defense of Sonny is that no matter how many bad things he's done, there are plenty worse things that he DIDN'T do?? ("Gee, Monica, Sonny shot A.J., but at least he didn't set him on fire beforehand!")

I think that's probably the justification of a lot of bad guys who don't want to think of themselves as bad.  I haven't really watched in years, and honestly, I used to find Sonny more tolerable than I do now.  But, his whole mob thing was ridiculous.  They wanted us to not think Sonny was a bad person. So, they made a point of him repeatedly saying that he doesn't deal in drugs or prostitution because those things are bad.  Well, what the heck is he doing then?  Illegal weapons trade?  Is that better?  Those weapons are probably mostly being used by, wait for it, drug dealers and gangbangers.  Yes, Sonny, you're a paragon of virtue with clean hands. 

Then I remember once, he was having a conversation with Jason.  I think Sonny wanted to kill someone and Jason said they couldn't kill someone just because he made them nervous (or something like that).  Well, glad you two have standards for your murder. 

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, Linny said:

Ah, yes, the old "Yes, I'm a murderer, but look at all the people I haven't killed!  I can't be THAT bad."

And, confession: once upon a time I bought into that.  I was like "well, they never really say exactly what he's doing and look how much he loves Stone and Robin.  He's ok."  But it's progressed over the years to the point where Sonny can and does do shitty things on the regular and everyone excuses them.  And those who don't?  Clearly in the wrong.

God, fuck this show.

• Love 7

This show has me cheering for Margo and drew to get together and screw over every piece of shit related or who verbally blows the Corinthi. Sam and Jason are the epitome of smug and shallow.  Carly and Sonny are just the same. This is what gets pushed in the control room. This trash. 

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Then I remember once, he was having a conversation with Jason.  I think Sonny wanted to kill someone and Jason said they couldn't kill someone just because he made them nervous (or something like that).  Well, glad you two have standards for your murder. 

It was Dante. Sonny wanted Dante to kill some flunky, and Dante pretended he got away. Sonny was going to fire Dante for not being able to kill him and Jason argued to give him another chance because unlike killing in a shoot-out, it was much harder to shoot someone while looking in their eye and they were asking for their life. Yes, that happened.

• Love 5

In non-enraging news (SHUT UP FOREVER, CARLY!!!), I like Laura with both Alexis and Liz today.  I guess the writers remembered that story re: Alexis and her Cassadine roots they started six zillion years ago.  And Laura referred to Liz as the mother of her grandchildREN, which warmed my Franco-hating heart.

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, Katy M said:
25 minutes ago, Linny said:

I think that's probably the justification of a lot of bad guys who don't want to think of themselves as bad.  I haven't really watched in years, and honestly, I used to find Sonny more tolerable than I do now.  But, his whole mob thing was ridiculous.  They wanted us to not think Sonny was a bad person. So, they made a point of him repeatedly saying that he doesn't deal in drugs or prostitution because those things are bad.  Well, what the heck is he doing then?  Illegal weapons trade?  Is that better?  Those weapons are probably mostly being used by, wait for it, drug dealers and gangbangers.  Yes, Sonny, you're a paragon of virtue with clean hands. 

Don't forget "protection".  Yes sir, our hero extorts money from hard working business owners so their businesses don't get robbed or burned down.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, ulkis said:

It was Dante. Sonny wanted Dante to kill some flunky, and Dante pretended he got away. Sonny was going to fire Dante for not being able to kill him and Jason argued to give him another chance because unlike killing in a shoot-out, it was much harder to shoot someone while looking in their eye and they were asking for their life. Yes, that happened.

The way it was always written is that Jason (or whoever worked for Sonny) would kill or go after people who were threatening them FIRST. That’s why the writers, and some fans, were always able to justify the business.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Knowing Carly, she probably stops by the Q crypt every so often to spit on AJ's.

I was thinking she did a couple of squats over it if she needs to pee on a morning jog.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5

Jason and Sam are so sleazy, smug, and shallow.  "The physical attraction!"  Yes I must have missed that in the 6 months prior or does getting mauled by a mouth, body slammed into a desk, and kissing air is what turns these two on?

Edit:  Sam is back to being a first class hooker. I guess that's in character.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, Hater said:

Jason and Sam are so sleazy.  "The physical attraction!"  Yes I must have missed that in the 6 months prior or does getting mauled by a mouth, body slammed into a desk, and kissing air what turns these two on?

I don’t know how anything Sam says or does can be taken seriously. Every few weeks to every few months, her POV changes. And, yeah, it’s a soap opera and that can apply to multiple characters, but it’s been ESPECIALLY true for her. She has never been a consistent character. Maybe the only consistency would be that she always goes back to Jason. Other than that, I couldn’t tell you one character trait that’s lasted with her.

I know it was supposed to play as “funny” but there was something super irritating about Jason saying they would open a beer next time. It’s like, he can NEVER compromise or actually ENJOY something for someone else without going back to his standard bullshit. Everything is always about what he wants or needs; his likes or dislikes.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

And Carly's stunning defense of Sonny is that no matter how many bad things he's done, there are plenty worse things that he DIDN'T do??

I have this argument with the crazy Facebook Sonny adorers.  They're point, Sonny isn't bad as Julian ecause he never dragged his wife to the pier with a dagger to her throat.  Sonny isn't as bad as Ava because he never changed anyone's bipolar meds.  Sonny is better than Ava and Julian because he never used someone's Azheimer's diagnosis to blackmail someone else.  That's the koolair they're drinking.  

• Love 3

Okay, I did hear the line Sam said at one point ("God, I sounded just like you") but just barely. Why does she even bother? She should just exhale her lines.

I've never been a KM fan but I swear I have given her compliments once in a while. I remember thinking she was good during the Jake (Doe) reveal stuff.

3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Okay, I did hear the line Sam said at one point ("God, I sounded just like you") but just barely. Why does she even bother? She should just exhale her lines.

I've never been a KM fan but I swear I have given her compliments once in a while. I remember thinking she was good during the Jake (Doe) reveal stuff.

She also does that thing where she places BOTH HANDS over her face, in the process, covers her damn mouth. Like, why.

• Love 2

Dear Carly:  Saddam Hussein didn't kill as many millions of people as Stalin did.  But he still wasn't a good man.

Why is Margaux even trying to talk to Carly?  Lady Macbeth is even worst than her husband.

The Joss actress overacts all her lines like she's trying to reach the people on the western seaboard. I get it, the character is 15. But I hope she stop it by the time Joss is 20.

Is the show deliverately trying to throw Drew under the bus now?  Sam can't resist Jason but Drew comes by because he looooves her soooo much while Sam says she can't be there for him any more.  Is this supposed to show how much Jason is the winner in this competition?

6 hours ago, nilyank said:

The people who I know how mental illnesses or addictions decide when they aren't sick that if they ever feel themselves spiralling out, they see help. It's the only way to handle it.

50 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I know it was supposed to play as “funny” but there was something super irritating about Jason saying they would open a beer next time. It’s like, he can NEVER compromise or actually ENJOY something for someone else without going back to his standard bullshit. Everything is always about what he wants or needs; his likes or dislikes.

I thought it was to show that Jason was a down-to-earth normal guy just like us, unlike that fancy pants red-wine-drinking, Sam-crushing Quartermaine Drew who probably votes for the party that seeks to oppress the common people.

But I like your way better.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, ulkis said:

And it's not like Sam is challenging to play here.  She's a shallow shithead.

I watched on a poor feed so I couldn't really get the full performance, was it that bad?

7 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Is the show deliverately trying to throw Drew under the bus now?  Sam can't resist Jason but Drew comes by because he looooves her soooo much while Sam says she can't be there for him any more.  Is this supposed to show how much Jason is the winner in this competition?

Drew didn't come across as hurt though, more annoyed than anything.  Which I am fine with since he shouldn't give TRASH any satisfaction.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

I don't doubt that happened, but it also happened with Jason.  They were talking about that guy with the tattoos, who was supposedly the twin brother of that other guy with the tattoos, but then turned out to be the same person and he kidnapped Sam.  Or something like that.

5 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I don't doubt that happened, but it also happened with Jason.  They were talking about that guy with the tattoos, who was supposedly the twin brother of that other guy with the tattoos, but then turned out to be the same person and he kidnapped Sam.  Or something like that.

Oh, that was Manny. I don't remember the scene you're talking about though.

• Love 2

(Pinot Grigio shows up at Morgan's grave)

CarSon: How DARE you defile this sacred ground with your vile presence!

PG: I came to visit my father's grave.

(Commercial)

Me: I bet they'll object to her father being buried in the same cemetery.

(Back to Show)

CarSon: How DARE you defile this sacred ground by burying your father in this sacred ground of our precious St. Morgan!

Me: Do I know this show or what?

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

And, confession: once upon a time I bought into that.  I was like "well, they never really say exactly what he's doing and look how much he loves Stone and Robin.  He's ok."  But it's progressed over the years to the point where Sonny can and does do shitty things on the regular and everyone excuses them.  And those who don't?  Clearly in the wrong.

I, too, bought into it, only because it's a TV show.  To the best of my knowledge I don't know actual mobsters in real life.  I would not be friends with them because, a. too dangerous to be around them, b. they wouldn't want me and my disapproving air around them.  But, I don't hold TV characters to the same moral standard that I hold real people.  I used to tolerate Sonny because he wasn't as obnoxious as he is now, IMO.  And, I used to absolutely love Jason, even though I wished he would get another job.  They used to have stuff going on with their lives besides the mob.  Family squabbles for Jason.  Brenda and Carly (when Carly wasn't as obnoxious) for Sonny. Plus friends like Robin, Stone, Elizabeth.  You could kind of ignore what they were doing.  Put it out of your head to enjoy the show.  But, now, probably not so much.

What always did kind of annoy me were other people who couldn't understand the disapproval of others. Especially Robin.  Your uncle is the police commissioner.  He is not going to be OK with you dating/living with a hit man.  Nor should he be.  

• Love 7
On 10/8/2018 at 4:16 PM, Mrs. Stanwyck said:

Stop telling me he was this great intelligent wonderful 'young man"

He was an adult, supposedly

Never gets old.  Rest in peace Silas.

I regret I have but one "like" to give this, as always.

• Love 5

In addition to other scenes that have been mentioned, there was a scene during the cover-up of Claudia's death (an actual justifiable homicide which didn't need to be covered up, never forget that these people are stupid) when Maxie had witnessed...something (blood on Michael's shirt? Sonny returning from burying the body?) and Sonny suggested killing her to keep her quiet. Jason talked him out of it, I forget the reasoning. I would assume that killing the police commissioner's daughter is a bad idea, but that might be too sensible.

Jason was super pouty that Sonny wouldn't let him kill Dante after finding out he was his son. It was hilarious, in a dark way. He all but threw a tantrum over it.

Yes, these are totally admirable heroes!

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 20
6 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Jason talked him out of it, I forget the reasoning. I would assume that killing the police commissioner's daughter is a bad idea, but that might be too sensible.

I can't remember the timeline, but because she was Spinelli's friend, maybe.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I can't remember the timeline, but because she was Spinelli's friend, maybe.

That seems much more likely. Gah, now I have the words "essential person" rattling around my brain. This is terrible.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Hater said:

Sam said she "forgot she was physically attracted to Jason!"  HAHA!

Well that explains her reactions over the past 10 months <eyeroll>   Maybe he changed to a different black t-shirt and that made all the difference.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Hater said:

Sam said she "forgot she was physically attracted to Jason!"  HAHA!

I wonder if KeMo or any of the others ever just want to burst into tears of frustration at the stupidity of their characters and/or their characters' dialogue.

• Love 9

Dear Joss, back when dinosaurs roamed the earth and I was in grade school, my teacher wore a maternity dress quite similar to the dress you're wearing today.  I know you attended a memorial in that dress and wanted something with a solemn air, but is that really the look you're going for? 

I like Oscar's teen emancipation angle, but I wish he would spit it out and tell Alexis what he wants.  This "my friend" song and dance is as juvenile as he is.

• Love 4

Why the fuck did Sam need to have Drew stand in front of Jason and make him hear that Jason talked Oscar into calling his parents?  Way to twist the knife, Whisper Woman. 

Also, Carly calling Margeux a bitch simply because she wants justice on her father's behalf was disgusting, though par for the course for that shrew.  She's acting like Sonny didn't kill Marino and this is all some deluded play by his daughter. 

• Love 6

Comments on Monday’s show, as I am a day behind:

WTF was up with releasing candle-filled balloons into the wind?? Isn’t that a massive fire hazard? 

Sam& Jason’s spontaneous groping looked very deliberate and choreographed. I’ve seen more passion in a glass of milk. It reminded me of the “fight” between Joss and Nelle, where you could practically see them pause for new directions in between moves.

Also: my husband was watching with me the other day and he wanted to know why that woman was getting worked up over a necklace from Claire’s. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, ciarra said:

I like Oscar's teen emancipation angle, but I wish he would spit it out and tell Alexis what he wants.  This "my friend" song and dance is as juvenile as he is.

Hee. If you can't act like a juvenile when you're one.... (Your larger point is totally valid, though.)

I wonder if KeMo or any of the others ever just want to burst into tears of frustration at the stupidity of their characters and/or their characters' dialogue.

I doubt it.  Didn't JT tell a story about how he would talk to her about their scenes and try to come up with the motivation for what the characters were doing and she just laughed at him and basically said "just read what's on the page"?

ETA - that's not a dig at KeMo; I'm just saying that I don't think she gets overly caught up about the characters' actions.  

Edited by Mrs. Stanwyck
  • Love 2

So I imagine Margeaux deciding to bury her father at PC Cemetery went something like this:

Margeaux: Hello, PC cemetery? Yes, I'd like to make arrangements to have my father's remains buried. 

Cemetery: Yes of course. We have several plots available.

Margeaux: Thank you. Do you have one right next to Morgan Corinthos? You see, my father was murdered by his father. I want to be reminded of that every time I visit..

Carly really had some nerve. "How DARE you bury your father next to sainted Morgan??? Now we have to walk over your father (aka the man Sonny killed) just to visit our son! You're a horrible, horrible person with no consideration for others. And you'll never pin the murder on Sonny. NEVER! Do you hear me? You know nothing about Sonny. Sonny is a wonderful man. Now go away and let us mourn in peace. And don't be surprised if your father's body isn't here next time you visit."

• Love 16
10 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, Carly calling Margeux a bitch simply because she wants justice on her father's behalf was disgusting, though par for the course for that shrew.  She's acting like Sonny didn't kill Marino and this is all some deluded play by his daughter. 

And that's why I don't understand the retcon changing it from Sonny just disposing of the body to being the one to actually kill this guy.  Because while disposing of the corpse and covering it up for Joe Scully or whoever would have been bad, maybe in that case Margaux's rage would feel more oversized.  But he's not being accused of a crime he didn't commit here.  HE DID IT, HE 100% DID IT!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 16