Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, TheMediaHo said:

I'm in NYC, so missed DZ's absolute last scene due to the tragic news from Annapolis. Could someone post a clip, or direct me to one? Many thanks!

The episode is up on the show website: abc.go.com/shows/general-hospital .

(edited)
16 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

but is there a clip of his last scene? Please don't make me sit through that whole hour all over again. Once was quite enough thank you. :(

You can just skip to the last part. I think you have to sit through two or ads or so but that's it.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

So it was a "rescue llama" rather than a service llama. Good to know.  I really liked the baby shower, from the idea of decorating onesies  to Liesl's snarking at Sam, who deserved it for being a bitch to Julian. It's his bar, don't act like you're too good to be civil to him. Also, Shut up Bobbie. Your son-in-law is an active mob boss and your daughter is in Ferncliffe for attempted murder.  You have no high ground to stand on.

Because Nina's dress had red on the front and none on the back, it looked like someone threw paint on her dress.

Jason:  Carly wouldn't imagine things.  (Me: yes, because imagining requires intelligence.)  Nelle may have a personality disorder but you're the true psychopath.

I hate that they made Kevin the bad guy in turning in Jason but the reason made a lot of sense. Then the poor guy had to prop Carly;s obsession with Jason.

Are they trying to parallel Ava/Patient 5 and Carly/Howler Next Door? Because Jason appears to have forgotten about Ava.

BM's facial expressions in the Franco scenes were hilarious. "Okaaaay, Liz, if this is what you really want..."  Seeing separated Jason and Drew stories really highlighted how much a better actor BM is than SBu.

Spinelli, you made the decision to move out of town. Stop feeling like Sam betrayed you. And if Sam stole the flyer from the police evidence lock-up, you can't use it to prove Nelle was gaslighting Carly. There's no chain of evidence.

I liked the episode for the shower (props to Gati for the snark and the sadness on her face as Obrecht thinks about Nathan) and BM in the Drew/Liz/Franco scenes. The rest, sorry Kevin, you're FF material with Carly.

• Love 2

So did Lucy do any worrying about Kevin like the spoilers said?

6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The rest, sorry Kevin, you're FF material with Carly.

I really thought nothing would be worse than Franco being hoisted on him, but this is right up there.  Her attitude towards him, I can't.

• Love 3

I guess I'm in the minority, but I don't see CL as any great actress or beauty.  I think she is just average looking and could benefit from a good hairdresser and orthodontist.  And as far as her acting goes, I think she is fine but wouldn't even consider her in the top half of actresses on GH. I don't find myself rooting for her or loving to hate her.  I'm just annoyed whenever she is on my screen and think she does a pretty crappy job at conveying anything.

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I guess I'm in the minority, but I don't see CL as any great actress or beauty.  I think she is just average looking and could benefit from a good hairdresser and orthodontist.  And as far as her acting goes, I think she is fine but wouldn't even consider her in the top half of actresses on GH. I don't find myself rooting for her or loving to hate her.  I'm just annoyed whenever she is on my screen and think she does a pretty crappy job at conveying anything.

I don't think there are many people who think the latter. First of all she needs a haircut, stat.

I'm not sure about her acting. She was good in the anniversary show but she was playing a mousy character, which fits her vibe. Not sure she can do anything else, because she isn't cutting it as a bad girl. I think, on this show at least, she has such little charisma that it undercuts her acting.

• Love 2

Spinelli is working overtime lately to push his way into the top tier of my Most Hated list. It's some childish nonsense to dismiss Curtis and Drew as insignificant to Sam just because neither are members of the McCall/Jackal/Stone Cold clique. He's so damn possessive of Sam and Jason just sighs and does nothing to discourage him.

The baby shower was cute and I'm glad Sam made an appearance, but I wish we could have seen Mac. I know baby showers are traditionally attended by women, but I don't think Mac would let that stand in his way.

I'm assuming Liz's friend Terry is transgender, and I'm all for diversification and representation for minority groups on this show, but this just seems like a cheap attempt at laughs. Like "Ha ha, Franco's soooo jealous of Terry, but Terry's actually a woman and isn't a threat!" No, not funny. Don't bother introducing a transgender character if that person's identity is only used as a punchline and as a balm to Franco's raging insecurities.

• Love 6

From yesterday (I had to watch the interrupted part somewhere else): We get hammered over the head with Sam and Jason's theme music; I wonder why the final Dante/Lulu scene didn't include theirs?

There were a lot of great dresses being worn at Maxie's baby shower. Both Lulu and Maxie were wearing tragically ugly blouses.

I loved that Kevin forcefully pointed out that Carly chose to go to Ferncliffe over Pentonville. If only he'd said explicitly, "You made your bed, now you have to sleep in it!" Of course Carly is so selfish she can't see past her own needs.

18 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Liesl's snarking at Sam, who deserved it for being a bitch to Julian. It's his bar, don't act like you're too good to be civil to him. Also, Shut up Bobbie. Your son-in-law is an active mob boss and your daughter is in Ferncliffe for attempted murder.  You have no high ground to stand on.

It's so dumb that everyone keeps acting as if Julian is the evilest mobster Port Charles has ever seen.

Fuck you, Spinelli, for taking such glee that Sam and Drew are divorcing. You were the one who joyfully identified him by his butt.

Can they stop making Franco so insecure about Elizabeth? It's ridiculous he feels threatened by the visit of her best friend/soul mate when they were 12. Gah.

• Love 8

I almost fell off my chair when Carly admitted Kevin's reasoning made sense, albeit reluctantly. I love when a character calls out how stupid and selfish that crew's actions are. Doesn't happen nearly enough. Have I mentioned Kevin is my favorite?

The shower was cute, I guess. Could've done without poor man's Jessica Jones making squinty "I'm onto you," eyes the entire time. I'm also not here for Spinelli playing cupid for Jasam, bashing Drew in the process. Stonecold and the Jackass. Ugh. I was sick to death of Jasam and that little trifecta ten years ago. FF. 

Drew/Franco/Liz, I just can't. From the best man dumbassery to Franco's inner psycho coming out over Liz' childhood friend. BM looks bewildered to downright pissed this is his life now. Its called getting BUSED, Billy. Cash in your chips and get the hell outta there before you become BH across the room from you. The most bussed over character in GH history. Pretty sure he is out, ergo these scenes, but man are they going double decker greyhound over him as he leaves. 

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

From yesterday (I had to watch the interrupted part somewhere else): We get hammered over the head with Sam and Jason's theme music; I wonder why the final Dante/Lulu scene didn't include theirs?

It did; started playing as soon as the flashback started.

22 minutes ago, Linny said:

Spinelli is working overtime lately to push his way into the top tier of my Most Hated list. It's some childish nonsense to dismiss Curtis and Drew as insignificant to Sam just because neither are members of the McCall/Jackal/Stone Cold clique. He's so damn possessive of Sam and Jason just sighs and does nothing to discourage him.

And again, what does his longtime girlfriend Ellie think about him jetting off at a minute's notice all the damn time.  Dump him, girl.  Except don't because that'll mean him back fulltime and I can't.

7 minutes ago, CharethCutestory said:

I almost fell off my chair when Carly admitted Kevin's reasoning made sense, albeit reluctantly. I love when a character calls out how stupid and selfish that crew's actions are. Doesn't happen nearly enough. Have I mentioned Kevin is my favorite?

Kevin getting to call Carly out probably means he's Ryan, ugh.

• Love 4

I am so not on board with this Franco/Drew friendship. 

Spinelli needs a tall glass of STFU and to take several seats. He did not have a problem with Drew when he thought he was Jason. He married Sam and Drew. How gleeful he was with Sam and Drew's divorce was pretty gross. And bad talking Curtis. Bitch, Curtis is awesome! Spinelli can damn well fuck off!

Don't spit on the handful of decent characters this show has. Thanks!

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, CharethCutestory said:

Drew/Franco/Liz, I just can't. From the best man dumbassery to Franco's inner psycho coming out over Liz' childhood friend. BM looks bewildered to downright pissed this is his life now.

That's how he's looked since he started on the show. 

Its called getting BUSED, Billy. Cash in your chips and get the hell outta there before you become BH across the room from you. The most bussed over character in GH history. Pretty sure he is out, ergo these scenes, but man are they going double decker greyhound over him as he leaves. 

I don't think he's getting run over by the bus. After all, Franco is great now! Only mean Jason is being unreasonable towards him. He's more . . . getting filler-ed.

They had Felicia there when Lulu said Dante left for a WSB assignment and no mention of Frisco? Not even a sarcastic "good luck with that" from her lol? 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I am so not on board with this Franco/Drew friendship. 

Spinelli needs a tall glass of STFU and to take several seats. He did not have a problem with Drew when he thought he was Jason. He married Sam and Drew. How gleeful he was with Sam and Drew's divorce was pretty gross. And bad talking Curtis. Bitch, Curtis is awesome! Spinelli can damn well fuck off!

Don't spit on the handful of decent characters this show has. Thanks!

Billy needs to get the fuck out sooner than later.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Yep. Can't have a professional, intelligent, and kind character get the moral high ground over the Holy Trinity. We have to turn him into a psycho (twin) with ulterior motives. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

THISSSSSS. Good riddance to CL/Nelle. I will not be sorry to see the back of her. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, CharethCutestory said:

Yep. Can't have a professional, intelligent, and kind character get the moral high ground over the Holy Trinity. We have to turn him into a psycho (twin) with ulterior motives. 

And seriously, if it's Ryan, why is he wasting his time?  Just leave her there to rot!

• Love 2
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

And seriously, if it's Ryan, why is he wasting his time?  Just leave her there to rot!

I don't know what the game plan is. Maybe he's trying to earn her trust so he can try some sort of manipulative hypnosis on her LOL 

I hate Franco. So much. He has ruined my favorite character and infests this show like a virus.  I didn't like Liz/Drew at all when Liz was lying about him being Jason, but now I can see that they actually have some nice chemistry.  It sucks that Liz will never be out of Franco's orbit and there is no way she and Drew can happen given her lie. 

If they were going to bring back a friend of Liz, I wish it would be Matt. I know Jason Cook is on another soap (or at least was?) but even a recast would be fine.  Anyone (except Jason) to save Elizabeth from this abomination.  

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It's so dumb that everyone keeps acting as if Julian is the evilest mobster Port Charles has ever seen.

It's insulting to the audience is what it is.  Lucas is the adopted son of Tony Jones and Bobbie Spencer and the biologial son of some random woman whom I know nothing about and Julian.  Julian was in the mob but is clearly trying hard to get away from all of that. He has purchased and is running a legitimate business and is a productive member of the community.  What a piece of crap he is!  Luckily, Lucas has that fine sister, Carly, son of proud mobster and convicted murderer Sonny Corinthos to write him a recommendation letter. Oh, and let's not forget that SHE FRIGGIN SHOT TONY! But none of that matters because Julian was in the mob and must stay away from the baby.  So glad that they do have fine, upstanding people in the family to make up for the garbage that is Julian.

Ugh.  Do you think the writers are wanting us to sympathize with Julian and see the ridiculousness of him being too horrible a person to be around the baby but Carly writing a reference? If not, these writers are even farther up Mo's butt than I realized to think Sonny and his family are anything close to being likable and admirable. 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, melody16 said:

I hate Franco. So much. He has ruined my favorite character and infests this show like a virus.  I didn't like Liz/Drew at all when Liz was lying about him being Jason, but now I can see that they actually have some nice chemistry.  It sucks that Liz will never be out of Franco's orbit and there is no way she and Drew can happen given her lie. 

I don't think that would be insurmountable, but it wouldn't happen because of Franco.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, melody16 said:

Eh, if Jason can forgive Sam and wife her up after she watched Jake get kidnapped and did nothing, hired thugs to terrorize Liz and the boys at gunpoint, and Jason threatened to kill her over it, anything is possible. Although Franco and the power of RoHo may surpass even that. 

• Love 5
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Benji said:

And aren't Brad's parents mobsters too ? Didn't he and Lucas commiserate about having that in common when they first met ? Or am I misremembering ?

I don't know about parents, but, yes, you do remember the discussion. Brad's grandfather was the godfather of the Asian quarter back in the '80s. I don't know if his parents later became involved, and I'm too lazy to look it up. But both sides of the family definitely have underworld connections. 

Edited by rur
  • Love 1
(edited)

Where is this plenty of support Lulu has that she was telling Maxie about? Her mother is MIA, she doesn't have much of an onscreen relationship with her stepfather, both of her brothers are gone or dead, and her friendship with Maxie is still strained. Who does Lulu have to turn to about her worries about Dante?

It's just gross on so many levels that Drew not only tolerated, but befriended and is honored to be the Best Man of the man that sexually assaulted his wife and made her believe she was raped. Seconded only by the unabashed glee by Spinelli that Sam and Drew are divorcing.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 2
56 minutes ago, Hater said:

Billy needs to get the fuck out sooner than later.

They took away any kind of potential storyline for him which is so ridiculous. 

Also, he looks like he's lost weight, no? His face looks thinner.

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, CharethCutestory said:

I think that's why "Kevin" got Jason fired.  Because Jason was curious about the patient in room 22, the real Kevin being held captive.  But how long has he been there? 

I'd rather see Ryan than Morgan.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, ciarra said:
1 hour ago, CharethCutestory said:

I think that's why "Kevin" got Jason fired.  Because Jason was curious about the patient in room 22, the real Kevin being held captive.  But how long has he been there? 

If that is Kevin, poor guy. Stuck in the room next to Carly, who couldn't even recognize SOS in Morse code without an app to translate. If he hopes she'll help him, he's doomed. 

If knocking on the wall can be heard, why can't speech? (I know, plot point and "suspense.")

• Love 3
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

If that is Kevin, poor guy. Stuck in the room next to Carly, who couldn't even recognize SOS in Morse code without an app to translate. If he hopes she'll help him, he's doomed. 

If knocking on the wall can be heard, why can't speech? (I know, plot point and "suspense.")

Perhaps the patient is gagged.

• Love 1

Look, gaslight into the insane hospital female character has been done at least 50 times on this show. The actors are all good at what they do, excluding Maurice who has a tendency to half-heart it 50% of the time.

This isn't in the top half of that type of storyline, but that isn't the issue. The real issue is that we have a collection of actors in their 40s and 50 acting like they are in their late 20s, across all storylines. The set designers are good, the script writers are good within the plotlines they are given. They should have been churning actors, and they needed better overall 21st century storylines, and neither has happened.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, LexieLily said:

How are they going to do a potential Kevin/Ryan story without Laura, though?

They have Lucy and Felicia.  Lucy probably knows Kevin better than anyone in the world and Felicia was the target of Ryan's obsessions back in the day.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And again, what does his longtime girlfriend Ellie think about him jetting off at a minute's notice all the damn time.  Dump him, girl.  Except don't because that'll mean him back fulltime and I can't.

She would lose Georgie though if both Georgie's bio parents lived in Port Charles. The chance of her getting even partial custody is small.

Maybe that's what's stopping her.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm gonna lmao when she goes to call Jason in an emergency and her battery is dead from using the morse code decoder app 24/7. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, CharethCutestory said:

I'm gonna lmao when she goes to call Jason in an emergency and her battery is dead from using the morse code decoder app 24/7. 

That's pretty much guaranteed.  Because Jason made a point of explaining she can't recharge the battery.  Yet 10 seconds later, she goes ahead and uses it for something non-urgent.  She has the patience and comprehension of a two year old.

Nina's awful dress.  I haven't seen something that bad since Connie was bleeding out on the floor of her office.  Nina was leaning over LWB at the beginning of the show, and I wondered if I missed part of the show that explained why her dress was bloodstained.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

So did Lucy worry about Kevin today?  If so, is it worth seeking out?

I don't remember anything specific but there was Lucy and Obrecht so maybe for you it would be worth it.

• Love 1

I can't decide who was more insufferable today: Carly, blaming Kevin for not breaking the law and reselling When Jason Met Carly or Spinelli for being jealous Sam isn't pining for his P.I. skills and literally celebrating not only her divorce but the fact she is breaking the law.

• Love 3

Lucy was barely on the show at all; all I remember is the explanation of the "companion llama" and a snark at Obrecht.  Maybe she'll have the chance to worry about Kevin next episode.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

JaSam are back to being dressed like twins. My god.

I cannot with the immense shoehorning to just get this alleged "super couple" to interact.  Suddenly Sam is at the boxing gym?  Gimme a break.  And, for real, your "true love" tells you he's considering running away to Canada with his supposed BFF and you barely blink--other than to low-energy say it's not a good idea?  No anger about him leaving his kids again, at the very least?  Sam: Doormat in Heels.

• Love 18
30 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I cannot with the immense shoehorning to just get this alleged "super couple" to interact.  Suddenly Sam is at the boxing gym?  Gimme a break.  And, for real, your "true love" tells you he's considering running away to Canada with his supposed BFF and you barely blink--other than to low-energy say it's not a good idea?  No anger about him leaving his kids again, at the very least?  Sam: Doormat in Heels.

The network is now pushing that coma induced dead eyed Jasam crap full steam ahead.  Get ready for the "i could only fully be with you until I moved on from Drew, I would never hurt you like that!" blah blah.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Hater said:

The network is now pushing that coma induced dead eyed Jasam crap full steam ahead.  Get ready for the "i could only fully be with you until I moved on from Drew, I would never hurt you like that!" blah blah.  

Yep. There's gonna be a reunion!!! Yuck. Nothing like catering your show to ten loud mouth twitter trolls. Jasam is the herpes of this show. Can't get rid of it. 

• Love 8
(edited)

Watching the introduction of Liz's (complete recton of a) friend Terry, I could not help thinking - and it might be because UK soap "Emmerdale" did SUUUCH a good job this week doing something similar to what I'm going to suggest - that this transgender story should have been with Sarah.  It just writes itself, that Sarah pulled away from Liz because she decided to transition and that Franco reaching out about the estrangement between them made him decide to come to Port Charles and come clean to Liz.

Now, who knows, this could be a good story*, this is certainly a step up from Joss and Oscar's 99.9% off-screen transgender/gender fluid friend (I have to imagine this is something CVE is pushing for, I certainly don't think Groundbreaking and Progressive Soap Scribe Shelly Altman is making this push).  But, right now, Terry feels like Billy Douglas, the friend of the main character who can be easily removed if there's a bad audience reaction.  It's weak tea.

* The start of it being all about Franco being jealous?  Not a promising start.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4