Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:
2 hours ago, tveyeonyou said:

If Jake's behavior takes a dark turn it will be Franco's fault even if it really isn't Franco's fault.

Only as the first, knee-jerk reaction. Then, because Franco is reformed and now a model citizen (ahem), we'll find out it's because of André, who has to be blamed for everything related to the Two Jasons story.

It's Ava's/Julian's fault.

• Love 3
On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 11:28 PM, FilmTVGeek80 said:

But, of course, they didn't. Of course, they glossed over things like drugging AJ and hanging him on a meat hook.

I'm wondering.... did they retcon the Meat Hook into "We caught AJ doing some illegal things and blackmailed him"? Because I'm trying to remember if AJ did anything blackmailable.

I thought Sonny was talking about AJ hiring an arsonist to set his warehouse on fire in order to prove that Jason was dangerous. A few months after Jason left town, he contacted Sonny that he found the proof that AJ set up the fire and Sonny used the information to blackmail AJ to giving up custody of Michael to Carly. Sonny immediately got a pregnant Carly and Michael out of the Q mansion and into his penthouse.

It was a few years later when Sonny was separated from Carly when the meat hook happened. AJ was going to lie to the police that Carly was the one that killed Sorel so that he could custody back of Michael. Sonny decided he wanted to remove the threat of AJ from ever getting custody again so he threatened AJ’s life and sobriety so that AJ would sign away his parental rights.

Sonny then decided that he wanted to adopt Michael even though:

1. he did not say anything to Carly about it

2. he was separated from Carly at the time

3. He had no intention of getting back with Carly at that time

• Love 3
18 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

I loved Drew calling Sonny on the fact that Jason's main purpose in his life is to protect Sonny's business and family.  He also pointed out that Jason's loyalty to Sonny comes at the expense of the safety of Sam and her children.  

This goes to show what an "honorable man" Sonny is.  He sees no moral issues in profiting from Jason risking his family in order to protect him.  Sonny is basically hiding behind Sam and her two small children.  When Drew confronted him you could tell that Sonny was indeed offended that Drew/Jason would not sacrifice his family's well being to protect Sonny and his business.  Sonny is such a selfish coward.

• Love 10

Where the hell did Mac and Felicia go on vacation for two days that they are back already?

That was a remarkably fast-moving storm. Mac/Felicia were able to get back from wherever they were and now Kevin/Laura are going to leave for their honeymoon. Yesterday the roads were so bad that they were all trapped in the church after the ceremony. 

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 3

Anna talking about sharing her mornings with Finn and enjoying his smile was sweet. Unlike Felicia, I wouldn't call it love yet, but it's cute seeing Anna so smitten. Now if only we could ditch skeevy Cassandra.

Maxie and Amy scheming to find out the truth of Nathan's parentage is a marginal step up from Ask Man Landers, so though I don't particularly care who his father is I'm not going to complain. And when Maxie's done with that red coat she can pass it along to me.

It's endearing how Kevin's so supportive of Laura, but I hope she doesn't let her relationship fall by the wayside as she pursues politics.

Too bad Santa didn't deliver Ava a disposition other than "cripplingly insecure and paranoid," because I'm sure tired of her behavior. Obviously Griffin and Kiki aren't having an affair, and obviously the scarf wasn't given with ill intention. She's lucky Griffin and Kiki haven't given up on her, because it's difficult to be around someone who is so easily slighted.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, Linny said:

She's lucky Griffin and Kiki haven't given up on her, because it's difficult to be around someone who is so easily slighted.

Especially since she had the magic procedure and her "scar" looks more like badly applied bronzer. Ugh.

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Especially since she had the magic procedure and her "scar" looks more like badly applied bronzer. Ugh.

And I sometimes think that GH’s makeup department was never given the memo that Ava has a scar, ugly or otherwise. Today I looked at Ava’s  face and I could not see anything what with her made up face and her hair covering her cheek.

As Ava continues to see Griffin, the more she will feel irrational jealousy over her younger, prettier and much nicer daughter.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, stlbf said:

The thing should be this: there should be plenty of male Cassadine DNA in the GH hospital system. And while it should not be legal, there should be plenty of easy ways for Maxie or Spinelli to run Nathan's sample against any Cassadine DNA.

What I'm hoping for is this: Nathan's dad really was Mr. Reeves this whole time. Dr. O was ticked at her sister, decided to have an affair/fling with her sister's husband. She got knocked up. Didn't want to tell Faison about her tryst with someone else. Madeline wanted a baby to help keep her marriage going. She never even considered that her sister had an affair with Mr. Reeves. And Dr. O is too embarrassed to admit the truth: Nathan is not the product of some mastermind that Dr. O was attracted to. He is his own father's actual son.

And this scenario transforms Nathan and Nina into both (half) siblings (which they've always considered themselves to be anyway) and cousins. An obnoxiously similar setup just like Alexis' daughters' Kristina and Molly. This being said, I can't believe that this "dance" of who Nathan's daddy is is still in play, YEARS LATER! Dr. O is being truly obnoxious with all of this at this point. What is she so afraid and ashamed of?

Edited by Syndicate
  • Love 4
43 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Didn't she do the same thing with Morgan? If she's going to be insecure every time she's sleeping with a man closer to her daughter's age - maybe don't. It's tedious af.

Ugh, this. If Ava isn't complaining about her nonexistent scar, she's imagining infidelity. It's not soapy at. all. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the cuckoo clock Dr. O gave Nathan has a camera and/or bug in it. LOL.

You'd think Nathan would have mentioned to Ava that he didn't want any gifts. He really kind of left her out to dry, even though he eventually accepted the watch.

Dante is aware people can see into the interrogation room where he's macking on Lulu, right?

I'm genuinely shocked Felicia and Kevin were able to cross paths.

Gross that Laura, the white lady, is the one taking point on the Charles Street problem. Can't Stella, an actual resident and victim of landlord harassment, do it? She's certainly annoying enough to get heard.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

No, he gave her to Nina, as a replacement for the kid he didn't want to have with her.  She was pissed and I think he gave it to Jake, but they decided to let it live at Monica's so she would have more room/constant people around.  

Ah, that's it. I knew Franco had gotten the dog!

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Didn't she do the same thing with Morgan? If she's going to be insecure every time she's sleeping with a man closer to her daughter's age - maybe don't. It's tedious af.

I don't think she did, actually. With Morgan. She was fairly secure in their relationship. And to be fair to Ava, I don't know how old Griffin is supposed to be in relation to both, but MC at least is closer in age to MW than HE. But I agree with the sentiment in general. I like how, instead of getting super mad or hurt about it, Kiki basically reacted "what the hell ever, when you get over whatever's up your ass, call me."

What possible reason does O. have for keeping Nathan's paternity from him? Dumb.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, ulkis said:

And to be fair to Ava, I don't know how old Griffin is supposed to be in relation to both, but MC at least is closer in age to MW than HE.

He's 10 years older than HE and 12 years younger than MW. Basically the same difference.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I like how, instead of getting super mad or hurt about it, Kiki basically reacted "what the hell ever, when you get over whatever's up your ass, call me."

Which should have been a giant clue to Ava that Lauren and Griffin are not sekrit lovahs. 

8 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I lol'ed when he said he spent his whole adult life separating himself from material things. Maybe if he were a monk, not a priest. 

There is that whole vow of poverty thing...

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

He's 10 years older than HE and 12 years younger than MW. Basically the same difference.

You mixed it up, he's ten years younger than MW and twelve years older than HE. But yes, basically in the middle.

It would have been neat to hear Laura reflect on how transitory her last name has been all her life. Before she even married the first time, she'd already had, I believe, four last names (Williams, Vining, Falkner, Webber), and then in terms of married life she was basically Baldwin, Spencer, kindappedCassadine, Spencer, Baldwin, etc.... 

Long story short, switching to Collins should definitely be NBD to Laura, and I'm glad that's where she ultimately landed. 

• Love 4

I can't understand why Laura is taking Kevin's name. After  all  those switches,  doesn't she want a permanent name? How does she remember who she is?

5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Gross that Laura, the white lady, is the one taking point on the Charles Street problem. Can't Stella, an actual resident and victim of landlord harassment, do it? She's certainly annoying enough to get heard.

I'd like Stella to take a major role in terms of the Charles St project because it would give her something to do other than botch at Jordan . But in terms of being mayor of the city, it's Laura who has the history with the city and the experience to be mayor, at least more than Stella has.

But I have the feeling that the Charles St project is going to be pretty much forgotten about now unless they want to set up a conflict with Ned and his plans for ELA.

• Love 1

Jesus God. Ava's jealous bitch face was like a Snidely Whiplash cartoon. Time to apply some Kiki Karma and have her get with Griffy.

I guess Finn is totally over losing a baby and his fiance running off. Cuz that still seems pretty recent. 

Don't you need a sliver more credentials to be Mayor than wanting to stop one gentrification project? 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Don't you need a sliver more credentials to be Mayor than wanting to stop one gentrification project? 

Nope. 

I wonder if the show would have someone use the fact that Laura married her rapist against her. Would they have her completely repudiate Luke and write it off as a youhtful mistake?

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I wonder if the show would have someone use the fact that Laura married her rapist against her. Would they have her completely repudiate Luke and write it off as a youhtful mistake?

But does anyone other than family know that Luke raped her? As far as the public knows and  history- Luke and Laura (AND ROBERT!FUCKING!SCORPIO!!!) saved the world from freezing. Assuming of course, that it’s brought up, and not some half assed bullshit ridonkulous reason for Laura to drop out.???????

• Love 3

Wasn't Luke mayor of Port Charles when Laura escaped from the Cassadines and remarried him?  It would be pretty gross for it to be used against Laura when nobody used it against Luke.

Now I really want the see the wedding where Scotty catches the bouquet but I feel like that'll end in a GH YouTube binge

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 10

Isn't Laura on the GH board? She's terrible at hiring but it does give her administrative experience. She also must have had some jobs in the past that give her some credentials. (Not that Luke had any real experience when he did the job.)

• Love 2

What kind of a dolt gives a still kind of pious newly ex priest an expensive watch? Instead of something small or even better, a donation to his favorite charity? Honestly, Ava, stupid. Stupid! STUPID! And what the hell is this Ava believes Lauren is making a play for Griffin, behind Ava's back, is coming from?

I'm still wondering why Nathan just doesn't give a 23 and Me style test a shot? If it can't identify his actual family, it can probably give him a heads up on any possible genetic issues. 

As for Stella. She hasn't really been a resident of PC for that long. I would think that plenty of voters would have issues voting for her as mayor. Hell, let her be Laura's campaign manager. The real interesting issue that I can see for Laura will be the fact that her SON was the uy responsible for Lomax getting elected by dirty tricks in the first place.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, stlbf said:

I'm still wondering why Nathan just doesn't give a 23 and Me style test a shot? If it can't identify his actual family, it can probably give him a heads up on any possible genetic issues. 

At minimum, he could discover whether he has any Russian ancestry.

4 minutes ago, stlbf said:

And what the hell is this Ava believes Lauren is making a play for Griffin, behind Ava's back, is coming from?

Maybe it's guilt and fear of karma

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, stlbf said:

As for Stella. She hasn't really been a resident of PC for that long. I would think that plenty of voters would have issues voting for her as mayor. Hell, let her be Laura's campaign manager. The real interesting issue that I can see for Laura will be the fact that her SON was the uy responsible for Lomax getting elected by dirty tricks in the first place.

Do we know that for sure? Weren't Duke and Lucy a part of it, too, on Lomax's orders?

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

But does anyone other than family know that Luke raped her?

I think it is. i think it came out in public in that ridiculous case over who got put in charge of Laura while she was in her coma like state, Nikolas or Scotty. I wasn't watching much at the time but I remember they made very half assed attempt at writing Lulu reacting to it.   

Why didn't Felicia want to try for the mayoral  job again? 'Cause she's so in lurve with Mac and they have a happening sex life and soon she will be a Grammie again?

People always advantage of Kevin. What's a week in Laura's life? Nobody will be organized to run for mayor in the one week that she and Kevin have to honeymoon. While it's nice to see Laura get some power instead of weeping helplessly, she isn't qualified.

Thank God she intends to be called Laura Collins. Getting rid of the Spencer name further obliterates the skank memory of Luke Spencer.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, ulkis said:

I think it is. i think it came out in public in that ridiculous case over who got put in charge of Laura while she was in her coma like state, Nikolas or Scotty. I wasn't watching much at the time but I remember they made very half assed attempt at writing Lulu reacting to it.   

My mind is fuzzy about that. Since Lulu was still a baby when Laura went cuckoo. They SORASED her when Genie came back for Luke and Laura’s 25th anniversary. Still, it was still family and Scotty and whatever doctor was around. Not public knowledge.

11 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Now I really want the see the wedding where Scotty catches the bouquet but I feel like that'll end in a GH YouTube binge

I remember reading an interview way back when - TG and KS agreed to exchange real punches during the big wedding throw-down scene between Luke and Scotty.  One of them (Shriner I believe) ended up loosing a tooth in the exchange.  Don't think today's crop of actors are willing to commit like that.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 3

There are probably enough new characters on the show now that the rape, while not exactly a secret, isn't as widely known as it once was. At any rate, I don't understand how Laura marrying her rapist has any bearing on running for mayor. Especially since that happened decades ago, and she was quite young. 

6 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Why didn't Felicia want to try for the mayoral  job again?

She said the moment has passed. (And let's face it, KW's contract probably doesn't give her enough air time.)

9 hours ago, stlbf said:

As for Stella. She hasn't really been a resident of PC for that long. I would think that plenty of voters would have issues voting for her as mayor.

She doesn't want to run for mayor, does she? My original beef was that Laura, the white lady, was the face of the Charles Street resistance (that makes it sound a lot more interesting that it inevitably will be), when Laura isn't a resident of the area. I have no problem with her helping out, but it should be as an advisor. They're making such a big deal of the diversity and lower economic level of the neighborhood, and Laura fits neither.

I'm sort of bummed that they're having Laura run for mayor based on the Charles St. stuff for that reason.

6 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

People always advantage of Kevin.

Kevin has the power of speech. It bugs me he's turning into such a pushover.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

There are probably enough new characters on the show now that the rape, while not exactly a secret, isn't as widely known as it once was. At any rate, I don't understand how Laura marrying her rapist has any bearing on running for mayor. Especially since that happened decades ago, and she was quite young. 

If anything, her opponent will likely harp on Laura's history of mental instability, i.e., being institutionalized for long periods of time.  That would certainly eliminate any candidate in the RW.  But its more than likely Laura will wind up being the Mayor and I'm happy about that - time to see a Legacy Character play a major role on this show.  Btw - Laura Collins - love the name, sounds like a Romance Novelist.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

If anything, her opponent will likely harp on Laura's history of mental instability, i.e., being institutionalized for long periods of time. 

Here's hoping that doesn't happen, and we don't get the TFGH hamfistedness on a social issue the show has no intention of actually tackling.

• Love 5

I don't know what street Laura's house was on when she, Luke and Lucky returned in the 90s, but it was in a "black neighborhood" and the realtor tried to talk her out of it and that plunged her into awareness of other realities of Port Charles. Then she and Mary Mae got involved in trying to save the city from the Quartermaine trash burning plant, or whatever it is. So she does have the advocacy chops.  

All of this is imperfect memory, but she did have a whole social working storyline going on and even started going to school for it.

• Love 7

So I'm guessing the new mayoral election will be by February?  Given the break-neck speed this story is going at I expect Lulu to get a Pulitzer for her crackerjack reporting on this ~scandal by next week.

Why are they writing Maxie like such a bitch?  

For being snarky towards Amy? Amy gives her attitude first.

Nope, not just that.  She's been nasty for weeks.  She's really coming off as a totally unpleasant person.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I don't know what street Laura's house was on when she, Luke and Lucky returned in the 90s, but it was in a "black neighborhood" and the realtor tried to talk her out of it and that plunged her into awareness of other realities of Port Charles. Then she and Mary Mae got involved in trying to save the city from the Quartermaine trash burning plant, or whatever it is. So she does have the advocacy chops.  

All of this is imperfect memory, but she did have a whole social working storyline going on and even started going to school for it.

This is all true. My issue is that (through no fault of Laura's, really; it's the stupid writing) the neighborhood seemingly had no idea how to organize until the nice white lady came in and gave them a pep talk about their own history. Couldn't Stella, who's certainly old enough to have lived through some of the civil rights struggles (VW-J is 63), have had some ideas, and Laura helps refine them? At least make the impetus come more from the neighborhood than from someone who hasn't lived there in ages.

Laura's involvement doesn't bother in general—as you pointed out, @Auntie Velvet, she has a legit connection—it's that she's become the de facto leader, at least for the time being. This would be a good story to involve Molly and TJ more, but I'm sure Frank doesn't want to give them more time than he absolutely has to.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

This would be a good story to involve Molly and TJ more, but I'm sure Frank doesn't want to give them more time than he absolutely has to.

Molly is very impressed with herself. She and Kristina are divas like Mom.

Who's minding Danny and Scout while Mama and Dad are media moguls?

• Love 1
Just now, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Who's minding Danny and Scout while Mama and Dad are media moguls?

Monica, of course. And/or Leo's nanny. Apparently it's fine with Drew to shunt his kids off to another house, but a live-in nanny for him and Sam is beyond the pale.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

This is all true. My issue is that (through no fault of Laura's, really; it's the stupid writing) the neighborhood seemingly had no idea how to organize until the nice white lady came in and gave them a pep talk about their own history. Couldn't Stella, who's certainly old enough to have lived through some of the civil rights struggles (VW-J is 63), have had some ideas, and Laura helps refine them? At least make the impetus come more from the neighborhood than from someone who hasn't lived there in ages.

Laura's involvement doesn't bother in general—as you pointed out, @Auntie Velvet, she has a legit connection—it's that she's become the de facto leader, at least for the time being. This would be a good story to involve Molly and TJ more, but I'm sure Frank doesn't want to give them more time than he absolutely has to.

Molly could have rallied all the college students who apparently living on Charles Street. I think that they picked Laura in this story to reflect the storyline when she fought the Qs for the Charles Street neighborhood.

I think the problem that I had was Stella was asking for moral support from Laura to go to the police station to complain about her slumlord landlord. Stella is a social worker and has been shown to have no problem speaking her mind. She has even gone to Jordan to work with her when she needed her help to interfere with the immigration officials who wanted to deport her patient from the hospital.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, tveyeonyou said:

Didn't we already have a Spencer mayor? Maybe I'm misremembering but wasn't Luke mayor at one point? Not that it matters, just a thought. 

For about 10 minutes.  He won the election, but Laura came back from the dead on his inauguration day, after which he decided he didn't really want to be mayor and left town with her.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

That is shocking, anything interesting happen during their interaction?

I'm still way behind - has Kiki mentioned anything about Dillon, where he is, if they're still together, etc.?

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Really was tone-deaf of Kiki to give her mama a scarf.

I hate the hot/cold attitude of Lauren to Ava.

2 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

If anything, her opponent will likely harp on Laura's history of mental instability, i.e., being institutionalized for long periods of time.  That would certainly eliminate any candidate in the RW. 

It would be interesting, since rumors and speculation are surmising that Laura's opponent would be

Spoiler

Ned Q

with a few skeletons/scandals as well.

NutmegsMom has non-spoiler speculation that Nathan's dad is actually Faison, which would make Nathan and Britt full siblings. Britt was ignored by Faison because, well, she's a girl, but a Faison SON.... that would be dynastic and make both Sonny and Stavros look milquetoast in comparison to obtaining a child.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:
19 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

That is shocking, anything interesting happen during their interaction?

I'm still way behind - has Kiki mentioned anything about Dillon, where he is, if they're still together, etc.?

Felicia congratulated Kevin on his marriage and said she was at the PCPD to pay a parking ticket. That was it.

Lauren did mention Dillon—he's taking a leave of absence from Crimson (where he was in L.A. for a photo shoot) to work on some friend's indie movie. I guess they're still a couple, but the groundwork is being laid from them to break up/make Ava believe Lauren is sleeping with Griffin.

14 minutes ago, NutmegsDad said:

NutmegsMom has non-spoiler speculation that Nathan's dad is actually Faison, which would make Nathan and Britt full siblings. Britt was ignored by Faison because, well, she's a girl, but a Faison SON.... that would be dynastic and make both Sonny and Stavros look milquetoast in comparison to obtaining a child.

I really don't get what the show is trying to do with this paternity stuff. Nathan isn't responsible for anything his father did, no matter who that is. It won't change his relationship with Britt. Faison being his father won't make him suddenly chuck the PCPD and, say, develop a massive obsession with Anna. Nathan's main concern right now seems to be knowing that he won't unwittingly pass on some genetic flaw to his kid. Kim has told him that seems unlikely.

• Love 3