Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, LillyB said:

Be still, my J&R loving heart, Jason will never look at Snarly the way he looks at Robin.

I think the one fantastic thru-line SBu has played since 19-freakin-96 when Jason fell in love with Robin is the way he looks at Robin.  Yeah, they didn't work out romantically, but he'll always look at her like she has a piece of his heart.  The boy with no past and the girl with no future have a bond that no one catch touch--certainly not Carly.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I think the one fantastic thru-line SBu has played since 19-freakin-96 when Jason fell in love with Robin is the way he looks at Robin.  Yeah, they didn't work out romantically, but he'll always look at her like she has a piece of his heart.  The boy with no past and the girl with no future have a bond that no one catch touch--certainly not Carly.

They always looked at each other in such a pure love way.  I can't think of another pair who had that type of innocence between them. Like, Jason used to say he'd "love Robin forever." He was so convincing and unwavering about it. As if no matter what, no matter if they were romantically together or would never see each other again, their love would remain.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:
9 hours ago, Linny said:

Today was a textbook example of everything that is wrong with Carly. She's a venomous hypocritical shrew who casts aspersions on everyone she feels is beneath her, gloats in her own superiority, then happily skips off to her men who reinforce all of her awful qualities and think she's fantastic. I think I hate her more than anyone else on this show, despite her having tough competition from other contemptible characters (looking at you, Franco). She just gets under my skin like none other. 

But those are Carly's good qualities!   She can get so much worse.

I got really annoyed at Joss and Oscar referring to Carly and Sonny as being Joss' parents.  Sonny is not Joss' parent he is just the murdering criminal her mother lives with.  Jax is her parent and he is a great father.  

• Love 12

And I don't know what the hell the make-up people are doing to Steve Burton's face.

Perhaps he didn't leave for greener pastures at YnR on the greatest terms with the make-up person.

Did anyone else make out what books are in Liz's living room?  I think that Stephen King's 'It' is one of them.

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny
8 hours ago, Star Aristille said:

Well, I'm bummed.  I was hoping for at least some kind of drama and/or mixed emotions from Sonny and Carly toward Ava.  Jason, as well.  All due to the fact that Ava was the one who saved Jason from the clinic.  I really wanted to them to be conflicted about her since she had brought him back to them.  Like, they still hate her, but have to show at least some modicum of gratitude to her for saving him.  But of course Sonny and Carly remain steadfast in their hatred of Ava.  And of course Jason immediately flips from pro-Ava to anti-Ava once he hears about Morgan.  Doesn't even try to hear her side of things.  Carly's testimony of what she did to Morgan has to rule all.

These writers are so far up all three of their asses, it's disgusting.  And unless the right writer comes along, that is never going to change.

The contrast between Ava and Carly doesn't flatter Carly at all, in my opinion. It isn't that one of them is better on the page. They've both done heinous things, sure, and I don't want to weigh which one has done more or worse. But Maura West plays Ava with some humor and humanity; I can see all the sides. Laura Wright (who I know from Guiding Light can do other things) plays Carly as this cold, armored, entitled person. Yes, she laughs sometimes, but it always seems brittle and smug. I know which one of them (characters, not actresses) I'd rather hang out with, if those were the choices. I more or less get why Griffin enjoys Ava; I don't see why any man in his right mind doesn't run like hell from Carly.  

And I just keep hoping one of these awful things Carly says is going to be her karmic tipping point. Of course, she did lose her Precious Baby Boy, but I mean something like Ava's scarring, or Sonny being in the wheelchair for a long time, or at the very least another character screaming abuse at her for an entire episode and then other characters going off on her whenever she shows her face in public (see: Liz, early 2010). When was her last big setback? The institutionalization to get Carl Lee offscreen while they looked for a recast? Sorry, I need something more recent than the days when the Pussycat Dolls ruled the charts.  

• Love 12

Laura was a complete amateur when interviewing Nell. She may be a member of the board, but she needed a human resources professional in there while she did the interview. The person hired will be taking care of innocent kids, and must be absolutely trained, experienced, and well-vetted. Furthermore, Laura easily could have asked improper questions so that Nell could have sued the hospital if she didn't get the job.

2 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

When was her [Carly's] last big setback?

Maybe her estrangement from Michael when the truth about AJ's murder came out?  But even then, she was mostly fine.  Sure, she'd make a pouty face or two, but mostly she was running around doing her usual Carly thing and everyone and their dog was comforting her/sticking up for her with Michael.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

Carly (screaming at Ava, turn up your volume to 11): "You're an sick, evil, deformed freak, and your deformed face is just proof how evil you are, and I'm glad the world can see how deformed and evil a person you are, and the world will never forgive you!"

*cut to commercial*

"Tonight, on a special 20-20, we get to meet the boy who inspired the blockbuster book and upcoming movie, "Wonder"....."

Boilerplate reaction when Carly/Sonny tells anyone that Ava killed Morgan/Connie:

6890238a19f066b77cd019a1540447ce13036ca4

Edited by NutmegsDad
  • Love 11
14 hours ago, nilyank said:

I wish the show would drop with Ava having such a horrible scar because I didn't even see it today and yet Ava whined about it

She's worse than Spencer when he was Phantom of the Opera-ing around town. Gah.

14 hours ago, Star Aristille said:

And of course Jason immediately flips from pro-Ava to anti-Ava once he hears about Morgan.  Doesn't even try to hear her side of things. 

What can Ava say, honestly, that mitigates what she did? Replacing Morgan's pills was reprehensible. It's not her fault he decided to steal a car and he crashed, but he wouldn't have done it if he were properly medicated.

• Love 8

I wish the show would drop with Ava having such a horrible scar because I didn't even see it today and yet Ava whined about it

She really is.  But the reason I most can't wait for the scar to be gone is so Sonny and Carly can stomp all over existence bitching and moaning about it.  Because I'll take satisfaction in even a moment of them not getting everything they want.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Perkie said:

Actually, I think this is somewhat accurate.  There was no picture until Amy stole that photo of Nathan and used it.  She was already writing the blog up to that point.  When Nathan asked her to take it down (I think they were sitting at Kelly's at the time) she said something about a book and asked him to let it play out a little longer.  

I still can't believe that the show went with the whole "Who is Man Landers?" as a huge secret. SINCE AMY HAD BEEN USING NATHAN'S PICTURE FOR QUITE AWHILE! It was the reason why Amy had to beg Nathan to continue the ruse to get a book deal. Nathan was already the face of Man Landers. This story has gone on waaaaaay too long. 

Going to Maxie, why would she immediately go to "OMG, am I pregnant?" when she is presumably using birth control?  It is November,  perhaps she is getting a flu bug. Or even better, perhaps be concerned that it could be connected to her transplant heart? Instead it was Lulu and "OMG, YOU'RE PREGNANT!". 

Too bad nobody really cares about AJ's murder. Even Monica isn't allowed to constantly spit venom in Sonny's,Carly's and Ava's direction. Much less Michael. Who has completely forgiven S&C and is back to Michael Corinthos III. Ava is an inappropriate character to do it. But I just don't think that Monica nor Michael will mention it. I would love for Monica to be the one. Telling off Sonny, Carly and even Michael.  But the one time we've even seen her say anything,  she immediately walked it back and Sonny was just sooooo understanding. <SkipperBitch EyeRoll> 

And it is always great to see Monica being civil to her son's murderer and watching said murderer complain about how wronged his poor dead son was.

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

What can Ava say, honestly, that mitigates what she did? Replacing Morgan's pills was reprehensible. It's not her fault he decided to steal a car and he crashed, but he wouldn't have done it if he were properly medicated.

Actually,  Olivia Jerome is the one who murdered Morgan. He didn't die from an accident.  The car was blown up by a bomb that was meant for Julian. And fucking Sonny has also ordered a bomb at the same time. Sonny just had the fortune that his bomb hadn't gotten placed on the car yet. Remember all of his "BUT I CALLED AND CANCELLED MY HITMAN! It doesn't count! NOT MY FAULT!" moaning?

• Love 7

Morgan likely wouldn’t have stolen the car in the first place if he’d been stable and on his meds. Ava bears some responsibility for his death, and seeing how neither Olivia nor Julian is in town, Ava is unfortunately getting the brunt of Sonny and Carly’s anger, not that those two need another reason.

As for Maxie, she’s of childbearing age, so of course the show will go there. And birth control fails, so that at least is possible. I hope Maxie isn’t pregnant, but the writers have no imagination.

• Love 3

I wonder if they are going to use the fact that Olivia blew up Morgan to get Julian out of jail. So then Sonny and Carly have two people they can yell at.

6 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Laura was a complete amateur when interviewing Nell. She may be a member of the board, but she needed a human resources professional in there while she did the interview. The person hired will be taking care of innocent kids, and must be absolutely trained, experienced, and well-vetted. Furthermore, Laura easily could have asked improper questions so that Nell could have sued the hospital if she didn't get the job.

I can't figure out why it didn't occur to either Laura or Nelle that calling the last person who you worked for to check your references was SOP for hiring.  Nelle would have been discovered even without Investigative Reporter Lulu barging in.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

They always looked at each other in such a pure love way.  I can't think of another pair who had that type of innocence between them. Like, Jason used to say he'd "love Robin forever." He was so convincing and unwavering about it. As if no matter what, no matter if they were romantically together or would never see each other again, their love would remain.

The scene from the Nurse's Ball years ago where Robin talked about Stone and the stated crying and Jason carried her out still gets me tearing up. I loved that pairing and still enjoy their scenes together. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

And this is the show that 30 years back Anna had a realistic looking scar on the other side of her face (and it turned out to be fake)

• Love 2

So I am a little confused where this is coming from and going.

Is Nancy Drew Amy supposed to end up with Detective Wood or not? Is the tick/tock to drive them together or apart?

Why can't Chet get care at the VA?

Even though I like Rebeca the actress (she needs to drink some Ensure), how are we supposed to get over her character allowing a serial killer free access to the young boy?

Did Kimberly know she was going on air again? Because she needs to work out, or make better friends at the costume department.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Happywatcher said:

So I am a little confused where this is coming from and going.

Is Nancy Drew Amy supposed to end up with Detective Wood or not? Is the tick/tock to drive them together or apart?

Why can't Chet get care at the VA?

Even though I like Rebeca the actress (she needs to drink some Ensure), how are we supposed to get over her character allowing a serial killer free access to the young boy?

Did Kimberly know she was going on air again? Because she needs to work out, or make better friends at the costume department.

Didn't Kimberly just have a baby? 

• Love 14

Between Maxie and Kiki, I think it was ugly sweater day on GH.  Maxie's looked like a month got into it and Kiki's had that weird neckline. Oh, and Liz's looked like someone glued tissue paper to the front of hers. Get it together,  wardrobe department. 

Edited by BlancheDevoreaux
  • Love 2

The show is just straight-up trolling us now re: Cameron and Aiden.  It makes me hate the "Friz family" the writers are shoving down our throats even more. 

It's always nice to see Robin.  She's aloe lotion on the sunburn that is "General Hospital" in general (hospital).

I'm sure we were all dying to hear Nina's take on the Tale of Two Jasons, right? #eyeroll

Enjoyed Ava needling Franco.

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

It's always nice to see Robin.  She's aloe lotion on the sunburn that is "General Hospital" in general (hospital).

That's not good enough. I.NEED.DETAILS!!!!!! TELL ME! TELLME!TELLME!TELLMEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Every word, describe in detail, every LOOK.

Wellll???????

• Love 4

I liked Robin's hesitance at accepting this Jason as the original, since as she said, she saw the same face on the other dude and he has all the right memories. I fear that also could be read as a subtle slight against Robin for not being all "OMG, my BFF!!" like Carly was, but that's just me being nitpicky. That flashback was everything (they were so young!) and Jason's earnest relief at Robin being alive was so good to hear. I think Steve Burton and Kimberly McCullough are the rare sort who will always be compatible and bring out the best in one another.

• Love 22
10 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

That's not good enough. I.NEED.DETAILS!!!!!! TELL ME! TELLME!TELLME!TELLMEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Every word, describe in detail, every LOOK.

Wellll???????

I AM DECEASED.

She didn't believe it at first. BMJason saved her from the bomb, he has Jason's memories. She tells SBu "Maybe you're the twin!" LMAOO.

Then SBu says that he was the one with her on the bridge years ago, talking about everything and nothing. He had to say goodbye to her when she left for Paris. He says that BM has these memories but had no feelings behind it because he didn't live it. He tells Robin that it's OK if she doesn't believe him but it'd be "icing on the cake/better than the best" if she did.

THIS IS WHERE I AM DONE.

They remember Montauk together and FB to the "icing on the cake" moment. She runs and hugs him and says "it's you."

EXCUSE ME CRYING TEARS.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I AM DECEASED.

She didn't believe it at first. BMJason saved her from the bomb, he has Jason's memories. She tells SBu "Maybe you're the twin!" LMAOO.

Then SBu says that he was the one with her on the bridge years ago, talking about everything and nothing. He had to say goodbye to her when she left for Paris. He says that BM has these memories but had no feelings behind it because he didn't live it. He tells Robin that it's OK if she doesn't believe him but it'd be "icing on the cake/better than the best" if she did.

THIS IS WHERE I AM DONE.

They remember Montauk together and FB to the "icing on the cake" moment. She runs and hugs him and says "it's you."

EXCUSE ME CRYING TEARS.

tenor (3).gif

tenor (4).gif

b8e0fa60c024d27ff13a8c70ff096663--soap-stars-tv-couples.jpg

Because I can't find a fucking Jason and Robin GIF, DAMMIT!!!!!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 4

One of the good things about Sam and Nina scenes is imagining MSt and KM backstage:

Michelle Stafford: I am going to say this line TWICE to EMPHASIZE that Nina was in a coma and knows how Jason FEELS.

Kelly Monaco: So you'll do all the talking and I just look confused? Cool.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Between Maxie and Kiki, I think it was ugly sweater day on GH.  Maxie's looked like a month got into it and Kiki's had that weird neckline. Oh, and Liz's looked like someone glued tissue paper to the front of hers. Get it together,  wardrobe department. 

Distressed sweaters and sweatshirts are in style. Holes, rips, etc. 

And can I say that I'm not comfortable with the body shaming of some of the actresses by some people on here (not related to the post I quoted)? It's mean and unnecessary. 

Edited by Box305
for clarification
  • Love 7
28 minutes ago, Linny said:

I think Steve Burton and Kimberly McCullough are the rare sort who will always be compatible and bring out the best in one another.

I also believe it's because he initially was smitten with her when the show finally gave them a romance, and they became very good friends. Plus, his wife suggested he ask Kimberly to return in 2005. And then there's the obvious: Kimberly is a FREAKIN' Chemistry MAGNET.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Box305 said:

Distressed sweaters and sweatshirts are in style. Holes, rips, etc. 

And can I say that I'm not comfortable with the body shaming of some of the actresses? It's mean and unnecessary. 

They might be in but they are still ugly.  And who did I body shame?

2 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

They might be in but they are still ugly.  And who did I body shame?

You didn't body shame anyone. I wasn't addressing you. I edited it to explain who I was addressing. Sorry for the confusion. 

Edited by Box305
  • Love 1

Why was Nina talking to Sam like Sam should listen to anything she had to say? Her husband murdered Sam's cousin. And it's so nice that Nina takes issue with BM-Jason purchasing Aurora Media with Quartermaine money that might not be his, now, but she is totally cool with Valentin putting an offer in to buy the media company with Cassadine money that he took from Nikolas.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

I AM DECEASED.

THIS IS WHERE I AM DONE.

EXCUSE ME CRYING TEARS.

So, basically, they relived all MY favorite memories (maybe I'm the real Jason?!?).  

• Love 5
23 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Table for two! Though I doubt Ted King would return to GH with Frank around. TK got jerked around on OLTL.

I'm surprised ANYONE would work with Frank but people need money. There is a very long list of people Frank has fucked over. He's a notorious dictator.

That being said, TK was also terrible on OLTL lol

• Love 2
6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

What mitigates it is how tired much of the audience was of Morgan, but I suppose Carly and Sonny don't care about that. 

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

tenor (3).gif

b8e0fa60c024d27ff13a8c70ff096663--soap-stars-tv-couples.jpg

Because I can't find a fucking Jason and Robin GIF, DAMMIT!!!!!

Try this: https://tenor.com/view/gif-8945865

• Love 5
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Morgan likely wouldn’t have stolen the car in the first place if he’d been stable and on his meds. Ava bears some responsibility for his death, and seeing how neither Olivia nor Julian is in town, Ava is unfortunately getting the brunt of Sonny and Carly’s anger, not that those two need another reason.

As for Maxie, she’s of childbearing age, so of course the show will go there. And birth control fails, so that at least is possible. I hope Maxie isn’t pregnant, but the writers have no imagination.

Ava does have a share in the responsibility of Morgan's death. It just isn't 100%. And it is no worse than what Carly did to AJ years ago. Or what Morgan and Lauren did to Michael during the battle over Avery. I don't seem to recall Carly, Morgan or Lauren getting reamed out over their druggings that much. Hell, St. Sabrina got into more trouble.

Julian has zero culpability. But Olivia Jerome is the person with the vast majority of the responsibility of Morgan's death. 

The pregnancy plot is just soooooo damn tired. And it just annoys me. Especially to have Lulu go on about how excited Georgie would be. How would Lulu or Maxie know that? The few months that Maxie spent out in Portland was the longest time Maxie had ever "spent" with the kid. Maxie as a character has never really been a very maternal type. And it isn't a bad thing for her to say just that. This is why this show needs to have a serious look at friendships. And how little the show knows about them. Just weeks ago Nina was besties with Nell. Now she wouldn't give her a raise after all the usefulness Nell had been to her? And adding to Nell's workload? And why the hell wouldn't Nell just go to Scott and have him go after her share of the dead fiancée's estate? Plenty of lawyers will just take a percentage of the winnings in lieu of an upfront payment. So this whole Nell/Nina blowup is a stupid solution to scandalize Maxie/Nathan/Amy and drag Nina into the backfire. Why not just have had Nell overhear and be livid about Maxie being hired on and having to be Maxie's assistant too? With no pay raise/bonus for her troubles either. Then we wouldn't have been embarrassed by the moronic shitfest of Nell "blackmailing" Valentin or trying to blowup an obviously in love Nina's marriage to him.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, LexieLily said:

...Nina takes issue with BM-Jason purchasing Aurora Media with Quartermaine money that might not be his...

I'm not the leader of the Nina fan club by any means, but I took this to mean she was worried about her job at Crimson, like if everything got frozen until they figured all the Jason money stuff out that could be the end of Crimson, or at the very least they'd close down for awhile.

Also, I don't recall a time where I've despised Carly and Sonny as much as I do now.

• Love 9

Holy shit, could this speech from Amy be any more saccharine? Especially delivered by someone with a voice that sounds like that. 

Robin: He may not be Jason Morgan, but he has his heart, and his spirit.

That line came in second saccharine place.

WHO would sue them over Ask Man Landers?!

• Love 4

OMGOMGOMGEEEEE!!!!!!!

❤️?❤️?❤️?❤️THE FEELS!!!! THE FEELS!!!!!!❤️?❤️?❤️?❤️

I had chills running up and down my body and when Robin was finally convinced and walked into Jason’s arms, the TEARS!!!! Very Happy Joyous TEARS!!!!! 

And when Jason said that Mooby and SheBeast were going about it wrong it whatever, I ???at Robin’s sarcastic “Gee, what a surprise!” So glad she has her ??at that harridan.  Yes, I’m still PEEVED at the tongue bath and self-flagellation that Robin gave that monster about Jason at her OWN FUCKING WEDDING!????

I’m keeping this in my dvr to watch again and again! “It’s icing on the cake.”????

And in my very humble opinion, Kimberly looks FANFUCKINGTASTIC!!!!! I certainly don’t expect her to have the body she did as a teenager or when she was in her 20’s.

Me after watching today:

8E9FEF26-A4BB-4429-95E8-CE9C49209BA2.gif

• Love 5

The only thing interesting about a Maxie pregnancy would be a decision to terminate it.  It's ridiculous how afraid modern TV is afraid of this subject.

14 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

This part didn't surprise me.  Child care workers aren't typically paid a living wage, even people with money often go with undocumented workers to save money.  We also have a history in this country of surrounding our children with predators.  As a whole I don't think children have ever been prioritized.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

WHO would sue them over Ask Man Landers?!

Apparently all the men, once they find out they were given advice by a woman, instead of a studly man.  

2 hours ago, stlbf said:

Morgan likely wouldn’t have stolen the car in the first place if he’d been stable and on his meds

Do we really believe that though?  Morgan was a douche nozzle even on the meds.  Kiki had just dumped him, he was ready to explode, meds or no meds.  

• Love 7