Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, Vella said:

While I definitely appreciate seeing Andre in well fitting jeans and a not too snug but flattering t-shirt, I don't get why a psychiatrist is doing recon work for Anna on a gang of jewel thieves who may or may not be connected to Quasimodo.

Remember, Andre is also a Profiler for the WSB.

The difference between old-school, classic GH and this crap is that in the old days Andre and Anna would have headed off to Europe for an exciting adventure, perhaps to be later joined by Robert, Frisco and maybe even Luke.  That ain't happening here, folks.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
Added important fact
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

This. I dislike that trope in doctor shows. I felt the same way whenever ER did it (usually with Noah Wyle's character). I get that the audience is supposed to conclude that the character cares and has a heart and his patients are human beings to him!, but I always think it's far-fetched and over the top, and that such a person would have been an emotional burnout by the end of the third year of medical school.  

A badly planned show today, in my opinion. Too many low-interest stories were clustered together. One or two of them would be okay as filler, but they were all that way. More on the search for Hayden, when anyone following news about the show knows the actress is gone; the continued existence of André; the tragedy of day player Marisol; the mentoring of Kiki; and oh, thank God, they found that sapphire necklace that Nelle was suspected for ten minutes of having stolen. There was nothing even really to enjoy hate-watching.  

That's too funny because I had the exact opposite opinion of yesterday's show!  I like that we can all come here and discuss such differing thoughts!  It's the first show in a long time that I didn't ff through (well, except for the Nina/Valentin smooch crap at the end).  I enjoyed the nice break from Sonny/Carly/Jason/Sam hospital vigils we have had over the last few months, although today looks like it's back to the status quo.  I feel like all the scenes yesterday moved each of the stories forward and if I had ff I would've missed some important storylines info. 

I was also pleasantly surprised to see RB one last time.  Her acting is at such a higher level than the majority of the case, even in a scene by herself.  WTF were they thinking letting her go?  Then again, maybe that IS the reason, cuz it makes the majority of the rest of the cast look so bad compared to her (MB here's looking at you kid!)  Her appearance wasn't spoilered (to me)....did we know she was making a last on-screen appearance?  And that close up of the passport.....wonder if that role has been cast yet or just a place-hold in case they want RB back sometime? 

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

The difference between old-school, classic GH and this crap is that in the old days Andre and Anna would have headed off to Europe for an exciting adventure, perhaps to be later joined by Robert, Frisco and maybe even Luke.  That ain't happening here, folks.

The budget has already been used for stock shots of Marrakesh and the elaborate tent sets. (Which, stereotyping much? I'm surprised we saw no veiled women. [Frank is too cheap, I know.])

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Why is Lulu inviting the woman that slept with her husband and caused their divorce (with no remorse) to her son's birthday party?

Lulu: Crap, I have to invite one of my cousins to Rocco's birthday.  There's...what's his name, the boy.  Well, can't invite him if I don't remember his name.  So that leaves Carly or...hey, Valerie, Valerie, wait up!

• Love 7
Just now, Perkie said:

Why weren't they showing BM's face today?  Usually they do that when they're about to change an actor but he's supposed to be sticking around.  Very weird.  

I was wondering the same thing, and then it cracked me up to think of KeMo emoting to some random crew member taking BM's place for these scenes.

I'm sure it's to prepare us for the shock—shock! I say—of SBu returning.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Lulu: Crap, I have to invite one of my cousins to Rocco's birthday.  There's...what's his name, the boy.  Well, can't invite him if I don't remember his name.  So that leaves Carly or...hey, Valerie, Valerie, wait up!

It actually took me a few minutes to figure out who her cousins were that were boys. Michael and Morgan (who is also her bro-in-law)?

17 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Why is Lulu inviting the woman that slept with her husband and caused their divorce (with no remorse) to her son's birthday party?

For the same reason Dante is whining that he's not closer to the shitbag who shot him in the chest.

• Love 17
4 minutes ago, Harmony233 said:

Lucas was raised by Bobbie and Tony and he will always be a Jones to me.

Meanwhile, we don't know if it's still Jones or it's now Cooper-Jones or Jones-Cooper because this show sucks.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Why weren't they showing BM's face today?  Usually they do that when they're about to change an actor but he's supposed to be sticking around.  Very weird.  

I get the feeling after BM had to play mummy Jake Doe he had it written in that he would only do two days of hospital bed, tops lol.

No really, it was probably minimums. But still, it's really odd. That hardly ever happens. I can't remember the last time someone was emoting at an extra if the character wasn't an infant.

• Love 4

"Danny wants to see his parents." Yeah, I bet. Between their hospitalizations and general inability to escape Sonny's gravitational pull, Danny probably hasn't seen his parents in months. Do we think that was even BM in that hospital bed today? They took great care to not show his face. I actually muted the TV when that treacly piece of trash music kicked up in the background, because that song in combination with Sam's tears is just adding insult to injury.

I'm so glad Parker showed up to impart upon Kristina the radical idea of rocking a baby to calm it down. Their interactions feel so unnatural, especially in comparison to how Kristina acts with Valerie. Kristina's too young to be hung up on someone so much older and with so much baggage. 

Ouch, Ava lashing out at Griffin was painful, but not entirely uncalled for. He protects himself with his faith and medicine and doesn't let himself be vulnerable enough to emotionally connect with anyone unless it's about religion/medicine. Who is Griffin, really, outside of being a doctor and a priest?

• Love 2

griffin is hot. i really enjoy his scenes with Ava. she shows a totally different side with him.

have they ever shown valerie with bobbie,lucas,or carly.

is jason going to wake up looking like steve burton.

parker always shows up where kristina is. parker says youre father is in danger. sonny is always in danger.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, lor said:

have they ever shown valerie with bobbie,lucas,or carly.

She's had some few and far between scenes with Bobbie, but that's about it.  Lucas isn't allowed on-screen for any reason and Carly doesn't care about the Spencers unless she needs something from them.

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

It actually took me a few minutes to figure out who her cousins were that were boys. Michael and Morgan (who is also her bro-in-law)?

Michael and Morgan are both cousins and brothers-in-law to Lulu; cousins through Carly, in-laws via Sonny. The Corinthii are the Port Charles Habsburgs.

39 minutes ago, lor said:

griffin is hot. i really enjoy his scenes with Ava. she shows a totally different side with him.

Ava always looks at Griffin like she's thisclose to ravaging him. It always makes me laugh that he doesn't nervously back away from her. Hee.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Ava always looks at Griffin like she's thisclose to ravaging him. It always makes me laugh that he doesn't nervously back away from her. Hee.

I think there are a lot of viewers who fantasize about reaching through the tv and ravaging Griffin.  I don't know how Ava can resist the urge when he is actually in the room with her. ;)   

• Love 4

If Alexis "finally" went home, and Monica was sleeping in her office, who was taking care of Danny and Scout before Molly and Kristina took them?

MW's blue eye really pops on the "burned" side of her face.

Of course Carly thinks Jason getting shot is all her fault. Good for Michael for calling her on her self-centeredness. But this from Carly: "You're so much like [Jason]. Or how he used to be," practically flattened me with its anviliciousness.

Bobbie in tomorrow's preview cracked me up: "Missing necklace?!" She's like a bird dog pointing at a pheasant.

• Love 5

We're not seeing Jason because they don't want to waste BM if all he's going to do is be unconscious. (Insert appropriate joke here.) 

But most important, this: 

13 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Frank wants to do the tale of two Jasons.

Edited by dubbel zout
clarification
  • Love 4

What does Emme Rylan talk like a 5 year old wth a curled lip? I was yelling at the tv when she was talking to Valerie because she was talking like a little girl about the time her cousin slept with her husband. Isn't that cut? NOT!! 

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Linny said:

I'm so glad Parker showed up to impart upon Kristina the radical idea of rocking a baby to calm it down. Their interactions feel so unnatural, especially in comparison to how Kristina acts with Valerie. Kristina's too young to be hung up on someone so much older and with so much baggage.

The Kristina/Parker stuff really bugs me.  I'm not sure if it is because Kristina is so young or just that the actress looks very young, but it just seems creepy.  I also can't help but think if Parker were a guy, they wouldn't do this storyline because the male professor would come off as a predator.  Well, regardless of gender, I think Parker comes off as really creepy and Kristina is more like a teenybopper trying to play it cool around her crush.  Just weird.

• Love 8

It's not Lexie Ainsworth's fault she looks 12, but the show needs to be more aware of it. When Parker and Kristina are together, they look like a mother and daughter, and that throws in another layer of ew. Why couldn't she have hooked up with a grad student? The story could have gone the same way.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

It's not Lexie Ainsworth's fault she looks 12, but the show needs to be more aware of it. When Parker and Kristina are together, they look like a mother and daughter, and that throws in another layer of ew. Why couldn't she have hooked up with a grad student? The story could have gone the same way.

I totally agree. She needs a person in the same age range. Parker totally looks like she could be playing her mother.

• Love 7

Carly: [lighting a candle] Hi, God, it's me, Carly.

God: [yawning, flipping a page in His magazine] Hmm, yes, what it is?

Carly: I know I've talked to you a lot lately. You've really helped me with my anger and grief for Morgan.

God: [muttering under His breath] Oh, yes, please do tell me more about Morgan, that never gets old.

Carly: But today I'm here for a different reason. I need you to protect Jason. He's so good, and strong, and a great father and--

God: I'm sorry, who?

Carly: Jason. Jason Morgan. Bulky, too tight t-shirts, thousand-yard stare?

God: Right, right, how could I forget? Do carry on.

Carly: Anyway, Jason means so much to me and--

AJ: [yelling] God, come on, man, the poker game starts in five minutes.

God: Sorry, Carly, I hate to leave, but I'm dealer tonight. 

Carly: But--

[Candle flickers out dramatically] 

• Love 23

I mean...what can I even say anymore?  Sonny and Carly and all this fake drama - from Carly whining about THE VIOLENCE after years as a mob moll to Sonny's plan to leave the mob we knew was never going to take to their usual cycle of blaming themselves for whatever calamity while doing nothing to change their behavior - is crippling this show.  This is, IMO, the worst the show has ever been.  And, also IMO, it's only going to get worse as we head into the Tale of Two Jasons.

And not that this will stop her pointing fingers elsewhere, but if something happens to her kids because of this choice, of being all-in, that's 100% ALL on Carly.  Sonny gave her the out, she chose him over her children, she's garbage.

Have Ava and Griffin talked about Claudette before?  How did she know about that?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 12
12 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And not that this will stop her pointing fingers elsewhere, but if something happens to her kids because of this choice, of being all-in, that's 100% ALL on Carly.  Sonny gave her the out, she chose him over her children, she's garbage.

Carly has always chosen Sonny. She's as addicted to the power as he is. I'd have thought after a few kidnappings of her kids she'd have had second thoughts, and then when Michael was raped decided that was the line in the sand. But no, she has a brief, palate cleanser marriage to Jax, takes a detour to be with SERIAL KILLER Franco, and is back with Sonny. Morgan's death wasn't related to Sonny being in the mob, but Jason getting shot certainly was.

It's ridiculous that now, 2017, is suddenly when she's had enough? No. It's insulting to the viewers, and it's so stupid. They'll never have Sonny leave the mob, so stop trying to give them these ridiculous soul searches. 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 6

Can we talk about Sonny's ridiculous manspreading in the chapel pew? WTF was that? I mean, it looked so unnatural and I can't help but feel it was a choice by MB.

And MB just isn't trying with his lines. Everything Sonny said was unemotional, from breaking up with Carly, putting the divorce back on, having to go back to the mob, he made it sound like Sonny was letting the temp secretary who was sorta good at her job go.  Terrible.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I mean...what can I even say anymore?  Sonny and Carly and all this fake drama - from Carly whining about THE VIOLENCE after years as a mob moll to Sonny's plan to leave the mob we knew was never going to take to their usual cycle of blaming themselves for whatever calamity while doing nothing to change their behavior - is crippling this show.  This is, IMO, the worst the show has ever been.  And, also IMO, it's only going to get worse as we head into the Tale of Two Jasons.

You just know they're going to re introduce Jason slowly too, when Steve Burton popping up in front of everyone out of the blue should be the way to do it. Pop this show out of it's friggin stupor.

I was surprised they let Lulu have that line yesterday about Sonny would/could leave the mob if he really wanted to. Maybe they were able to slip it in there cause it was a Lulu scene and the writer knew Frank wouldn't pay attention lol.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I mean...what can I even say anymore?  Sonny and Carly and all this fake drama - from Carly whining about THE VIOLENCE after years as a mob moll to Sonny's plan to leave the mob we knew was never going to take to their usual cycle of blaming themselves for whatever calamity while doing nothing to change their behavior - is crippling this show.  This is, IMO, the worst the show has ever been.

Yes, absolutely. The inability to remove the mob filter and show us real characters with authentic storylines has left the show in shambles. Nothing changes, the main players never lose, it's repetitive and disheartening. What is there to incentivize anyone to watch? Unless, of course, you're a fan of Sonny, and then you're lucky enough to have the show catered to your preference. But centering a show around repellent characters and having them act in polarizing ways is not the way to build or maintain an audience.

• Love 14

Also, if Sonny is the only one who can keep the peace between the mob bosses because he's that amazing, it's pretty convenient his amazingness stops just short of being able to take them all out and get complete control, and then disband everything.

And what the fuck is Port Charles gonna do when Sonny dies of old age at 105? Is Carly gonna whine and cry that they need the philosopher's stone because otherwise the violence will destroy Port Charles?

• Love 13

Another also - are we supposed to feel bad for Sonny that he can't get out of the mob?  He chose this life, he's chosen it over and over and over again, and he's profited mightily from it.  The show seems to be all, "Well he tried, but he's stuck, the poor guy" about it, but...he threw himself into the quicksand.

• Love 16

Poor Vinessa Antoine and Donnell Turner. That Roxie stuff was embarrassing.

"I'm sorry that all this back and forth has been exhausting." You and me both, Jordan.

Does anyone else think Ava is overreacting to Griffin? She has a right to be angry, but it's not as if she's just finding out he's a priest, and a tortured one at that. She acts as if he totally and maliciously played her. Griffin is an emotional coward, not some calculating PUA.

1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

are we supposed to feel bad for Sonny that he can't get out of the mob? 

I think we are. He lost a son (never mind it wasn't mob-related), and his BFF is fighting for his life (again; through his own idiocy; but whatever). Sonny has suffered! Even Carly getting gunned down wouldn't change his mind. He'd probably double down for his stupid revenge.

LOL that Sonny thinks divorcing Carly means she won't be used as leverage against him. You know nothing, Sonny Corinthos.

I wonder how soon the pictures Jake is scanning in for Monica will tie into Two Jasons.

Gross but typical of Sonny to demand that Griffin let Sonny barge into his workout and take over the speed bag. Gross that Griffin let him. Ugh.

As dumb as the Bobbie stuff is, I did enjoy the cut from her warning Carly about Michael getting into bed with the black widow to Michael and Nelle in bed, rather sinisterly lit. Heh.

Please tell me tomorrow is the end of Aunt Stella.

• Love 4

No seriously: WHERE ARE LIZ'S OTHER CHILDREN?

Wait, so Ava has such hots for Griffin she's going to betray totally woulda been her husband Nikolas.

Oh, if only Nelle killed Michael for his money.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Oh yeah, I forgot to complain about this.  It's really getting ridiculous.

5 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Oh, if only Nelle killed Michael for his money.

If she wanted to do me a solid, she could kill Sonny and Carly and then kill Michael since his coffers will be extra full with his inheritance from them.

• Love 11
11 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh yeah, I forgot to complain about this.  It's really getting ridiculous.

It was ridiculous she said "coming home to you and Jake, and then I'm sure Cam and Aidan are making a mess upstairs." A mess, in perfect silence? Okay show.

11 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

If she wanted to do me a solid, she could kill Sonny and Carly and then kill Michael since his coffers will be extra full with his inheritance from them.

That would be good too, but I was just imagining the hilarity of Carly going "but Michael was my favorite-  I mean not my favorite but - what, Jason's awake???"

Speaking of Michael though, I agree with you that the show is pretty damn dire right now, and the one thing that shows a tiny bit of potential is Ned v Michael, except they won't a) give it any airtime, and b) what airtime they do give it will probably involve Sonny helping Michael out somehow, because Michael can't wipe his ass without Sonny helping out.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6
34 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Jake likes the SERIAL KILLER. Maybe Jake got pointers and killed his brothers to have Liz all to himself, for good. And since Liz doesn't spend time with them, anyway, she wouldn't notice! Win-win!

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Speaking of Michael though, I agree with you that the show is pretty damn dire right now, and the one thing that shows a tiny bit of potential is Ned v Michael, except they won't a) give it any airtime, and b) what airtime they do give it will probably involve Sonny helping Michael out somehow, because Michael can't wipe his ass without Sonny helping out,

And c) I think they're going to go overboard to vilify Ned as part of this.  We already had a taste with Michael lecturing him about (GASP!) donating to politicians and (GASP!) his environmental record.  And Ned's not going to have any allies, with Tracy gone, Dillon about to be gone, and Olivia a useless Sonny apologizer and all.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And c) I think they're going to go overboard to vilify Ned as part of this.  We already had a taste with Michael lecturing him about (GASP!) donating to politicians and (GASP!) his environmental record.  And Ned's not going to have any allies, with Tracy gone, Dillon about to be gone, and Olivia a useless Sonny apologizer and all.

and d) having to listen to Carly squawk, without irony, about how backstabbing the Quartermaines are to deprive Michael of his birthright.

• Love 10