Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Just now, dubbel zout said:

I can't see Frank opening the wallet for Carly and Sonny to walk down the aisle for the fortieth time. Though given that it's Sonny and Carly, maybe he will. Perhaps this is when SBu makes his first appearance?

SBu will be there to catch the bouquet.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:
  • Spencer had every right to tell Charlotte about Valentin killing his father.

Didn't Laura move him out of Lulu's house so this exact thing wouldn't happen?  I don't think hurting Charlotte - who, like it or not, is his family two ways - just to make himself feel better is that cool.  But I'm sure nobody will call him out on it.

• Love 6

"Ava's going to get away with it, just like always!" Gee, Carly, that statement could be applied to certain other people, and yet it only bothers you when it comes to Ava. Funny how that works. I'm going to remain firmly on Team Ava if for no other reason than she can admit to the things she's done wrong and can show believable remorse for her actions. Sonny and Carly are nothing but self-righteous and arrogant, demanding #JusticeforMorgan because the only pain that matters is their own. How many lives have they ruined without a second thought? Hell, Carly is currently trying to ruin Nelle's life and seems thrilled to be doing it. Yet when Carly and Sonny are hurt, suddenly nothing is more important than the crusade for justice. It's complete bullshit.

In other news: Spencer and Valentin are both repugnant, humanizing Stella isn't working on me, Anna and Jordan as friends is enjoyable, and Sam needs to stop thinking about hurting Sonny and actually pay up. 

• Love 18
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

Didn't Laura move him out of Lulu's house so this exact thing wouldn't happen?  I don't think hurting Charlotte - who, like it or not, is his family two ways - just to make himself feel better is that cool.  But I'm sure nobody will call him out on it.

It's not cool to take his anger out on Charlotte, but I can't get over how dumb all the adults are about this. Is Spencer just supposed to never mention the fact that Vallentin murdered Nikolas, to protect Charlotte's feelings? That's a seriously unrealistic and unhealthy expectation. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

It's not cool to take his anger out on Charlotte, but I can't get over how dumb all the adults are about this. Is Spencer just supposed to never mention the fact that Vallentin murdered Nikolas, to protect Charlotte's feelings? That's a seriously unrealistic and unhealthy expectation. 

The adults are being super dumb, no doubt.  They know Spencer unrepentantly does whatever he wants whenever he wants, even if he promises he won't (i.e. just the other day with promising Laura he'd go right back to camp, then sneaking off to see Ava instead), so they should have known he'd blurt it out to Charlotte eventually.  Which is why Charlotte should have been told in some kind of safe space sooner than later.

Ugh, just ship these two to boarding school, PLEASE!

• Love 11
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

That scene of Sonny and Carly putting their wedding rings back on was so smurfy.  And irritatingly, we're probably going to have to sit through an actual renewal ceremony for these twits.  SHUT UP ABOUT YOUR RELATIONSHIP!  AND ABOUT MORGAN!

I can't believe Ava had to point out to Andre the conflict of interest given he was Morgan's therapist and helped Sonny unravel her scheme.

WTF with Griffin subbing in for "Dr. Bensch".  Is JDP already done?

I am so sick of Sonny, Carly AND MORGAN!  Has a "dead" character ever been spoken about, as much as Morgan on this show?  So boring.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Does "justice for Duke" ring a bell?

Yeah, but we did get Carrrlos for that.  Watch this stuff be retconned so that Carrrlos isn't dead, but killed Morgan in cold blood because AJ is fat and Ava is terrible.  

God.  All I want now is McBain, Carrlos, and a married AJ and Ava.  They can kill Franco and make Sonny/Carly freak out.  But what will happen is #justice4morgan 

• Love 5

I don't think anyone went on and on and on about Kannie's death, did they? There was a lot of talk right after it happened, of course, but it didn't seem the relentless stream that Duke and Morgan got. Probably because by that point Sonny didn't care as much about her, and Olivia wasn't around much to keep the wail going.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Year-round boarding school. With no breaks. 

And a serial killer.

52 minutes ago, loradee said:

I am so sick of Sonny, Carly AND MORGAN!  Has a "dead" character ever been spoken about, as much as Morgan on this show?  So boring.

Duuuuuuuuuke!

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

And a serial killer.

Duuuuuuuuuke!

I guess since I liked Duke, it didn't bother me.  Morgan, not so much. Plus the way that Carly talks about him makes me think of the cute young Morgan, not the troubled, ADULT man that he became.  

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Harmony233 said:

You'd think that Carson was the only one whose lost a child before on this show.

Hearing them whine about their son's killer being free and the pain they feel as parents that their child was brutally taken away from them is just...

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, loradee said:

I guess since I liked Duke, it didn't bother me.  Morgan, not so much. Plus the way that Carly talks about him makes me think of the cute young Morgan, not the troubled, ADULT man that he became.  

An adult. Allegedly.

• Love 5

Jason: I thought we'd take full of advantage of Monica baby-sitting.

Yes, Monica never baby-sits. And Jason is always doing . . . whatever it is he does.

I am neutral on Cats (the Musical), but Spencer makes me want to defend it.

Genie looked good.  

• Love 6
(edited)

I got physically nauseated seeing double doses of Sonny in those hallucination scenes and CarSon re-ringing scenes today. We'd see a teh evul Sonny hallucination frightening Sam as she talked with her husband or the doctors and nurses, and then almost immediately be plunged into a scene with tender Sonny loving up Carly or calming her down over Ava. They've done this juxtaposition previously on other days, and I deeply resent it because the show is just FORCING extra Sonny on us without a break and giving him more time than anybody or anything. And the show is pairing him up in different ways with different types of people: even Sonny and Spencer got extensive scenes recently. I wonder how soon the show will invent an excuse to put Auntie Stella and Sonny in a dramatic scene. Maybe Stella will want to put a hit on Jordan.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
sp
  • Love 4
50 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Jason: I thought we'd take full of advantage of Monica baby-sitting.

Monica is the new Audrey. No wonder Dr. O is furious about how the hospital is being run. Monica's never there!

LOL at Valentin lurking behind a tree so he can "accidentally" run into Charlotte. I also enjoyed him exchanging death glares with Spencer.

I didn't like the bodice of Carly's dress. The gathering at the bust wasn't flattering. The rest of the dress was very crisp and fresh, though.

I'm not liking Ava being so obsessed with the way she looks. It's still early in the healing process. I realize she doesn't know she's in a soap, but she's hardly Darkman.

When did Jordan and Anna make up?

Sam's story is enraging. The only entertaining part is watching MB try to look menacing in the background.

And Laura. Did she really think a wrongful death suit would make Valentin crumble? Of course he's going to play dirty. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL at Valentin lurking behind a tree so he can "accidentally" run into Charlotte.

To spend time, no matter how fleeting, with his child that he doesn't have custody of. Imagine what would have been said about Lulu if she had tried something like that!

• Love 6

"Ava has burns over 50 percent of her body!"  (Or maybe just her face and left bicep.)

"Ava needs intense medical care and must avoid infection!  She has years of surgeries ahead of her." (You're released, Ava, go home but first, hang out in the cemetery.)

• Love 11
6 hours ago, OnceSane said:

And a serial killer.

Wait, which PC serial killer? Sonny, Jason or Franco?

5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Hearing them whine about their son's killer being free and the pain they feel as parents that their child was brutally taken away from them is just...

Huh. Maybe they should talk to Monica and Epiphany about losing their sons! Whoops.

About Scott. On Port Charles, Scott's parentage was changed from his mother's abusive husband to DV Bordisso. Some guy who became a criminal/terrorist/whatever. 

Also, add me to #TeamCharlotteIsClaudette'sSpawn side. Have Claudette return, mocking the stupidity of all of PC. Take her kid and leave. I can live with that.

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, stlbf said:

About Scott. On Port Charles, Scott's parentage was changed from his mother's abusive husband to DV Bordisso. Some guy who became a criminal/terrorist/whatever. 

Also, add me to #TeamCharlotteIsClaudette'sSpawn side. Have Claudette return, mocking the stupidity of all of PC. Take her kid and leave. I can live with that.

That was such a weird and confusing story.

Is it me or does it feel like charolette randomly ended up being Lulus embryo.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

To spend time, no matter how fleeting, with his child that he doesn't have custody of. Imagine what would have been said about Lulu if she had tried something like that!

Didn't she in fact do something like that?  When Charlotte was in Maxie's office and Lulu decided to stick around when she knew she wasn't supposed to be around her?

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Didn't she in fact do something like that?  When Charlotte was in Maxie's office and Lulu decided to stick around when she knew she wasn't supposed to be around her?

I dunno if that has quite the same hilarity as popping out from behind a tree though. And I think she came there because Maxie called her, so it wasn't like she was waiting around there randomly, although I'm not sure about that.

• Love 2

Is DV still Scott's biodad? I still don't understand anything about that story. Psychic spies, Kevin's dad and what felt like a year of Scott wandering around growling "Bordisso!"

• Love 1
6 hours ago, ciarra said:

You're released, Ava, go home but first, hang out in the cemetery.)

Wrapped in all those bandages, Ava looks like The Mummy. And now she's hanging out in the cemetery.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, ulkis said:

I dunno if that has quite the same hilarity as popping out from behind a tree though. And I think she came there because Maxie called her, so it wasn't like she was waiting around there randomly, although I'm not sure about that.

No, you're right, Maxie set the visit up, but Lulu knew she shouldn't be there because it was a violation of the court order - and said so aloud - but decided to stay anyway.

Believe me, I'm not rooting for Valentin, but Lulu's been irritating during this process so it's hard to care.  And she's not been completely above board, i.e. trying to get Kevin to violate his professional ethics for her.

• Love 3
(edited)

Lulu has temporary custody, and it was assumed Valentin would never see Charlotte again. But I don't think it meant he never could legally see her again. It meant Lulu was responsible for Charlotte on a day-to-day basis: food, clothing, activities, etc.

It's a different situation from Maxie's setup in the Crimson offices. Lulu wasn't supposed to have (major) contact with Charlotte outside of the supervised visits. She and Charlotte were still getting to know each other then. Everyone knows one another now.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, jsbt said:

Is DV still Scott's biodad? I still don't understand anything about that story. Psychic spies, Kevin's dad and what felt like a year of Scott wandering around growling "Bordisso!"

I don't know if it's been mentioned since.I felt like they built that story up for like a year then it was anti climax lol.

Edited by Harmony233
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Believe me, I'm not rooting for Valentin, but Lulu's been irritating during this process so it's hard to care.  And she's not been completely above board, i.e. trying to get Kevin to violate his professional ethics for her.

But it's kind of ridiculous that she had to ask. Valentin shot Kevin and murdered Nik; Alexis, Laura and Kevin should have been gunning for him already. 

If anything, Lulu should have been annoying in the opposite direction, begging everybody to back off because of Charlotte while they were actively trying to take him down. 

Just because FV only valued Nik as a potential love interest for his "gets", (seriously, is there a new 40+ actress that he hasn't cycled through Wyndemere while she cooed about being a pwincess?) doesn't mean that his family wouldn't have gone to war against the man who murdered him. Valentin should have been offering that annoying ass embryo child to Laura as a peace offering to get her to stop trying to kill him. 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, ciarra said:

"Ava has burns over 50 percent of her body!"  (Or maybe just her face and left bicep.)

"Ava needs intense medical care and must avoid infection!  She has years of surgeries ahead of her." (You're released, Ava, go home but first, hang out in the cemetery.)

Where you can be threatened, yet again, by Sonny while Carly looks on smirking.

Seriously, out of all the idiocies of yesterday, the preview with that smirk is what put me over the edge.  Carly, who has happily watched Sonny get away with everything, is calling foul on someone else because it's something she wants.  Go piss up a rope, Snarly.

• Love 8
36 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

But it's kind of ridiculous that she had to ask. Valentin shot Kevin and murdered Nik; Alexis, Laura and Kevin should have been gunning for him already. 

If anything, Lulu should have been annoying in the opposite direction, begging everybody to back off because of Charlotte while they were actively trying to take him down. 

You make it sound like Kevin was cheerleading for Valentin, he wasn't.  He just wasn't going to violate his professional ethics trying to influence the assigned therapist, which I think was really unfair of Lulu and Laura to even ask him.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Harmony233 said:

You'd think that Carson was the only one whose lost a child before on this show.

17 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

On a well  written soap,  Monica would have told them to have several seats by now.  Especially  since Sonny has had his paws in the death/disappearance of almost all of her children and has tortured her family for decades.  I'm sure she didn't appreciate  her sons becoming a serial  killer  or dying.  

• Love 8

In other news, I can't with all this Franco/Friz fans on Twitter whose response to last week's episodes is all, "We need to rebuild the core Baldwin family!  Here's my ideas, all of which center completely around Franco!"  Noooooo.

• Love 8
20 hours ago, Linny said:

In other news: Spencer and Valentin are both repugnant

I think that Nicholas Bechtel and James Patrick Stuart are talented actors whose skills are wasted on the lame plots and horrible dialogue.  But, Nicholas' character can be pretty funny (due to the way he plays him) and Patrick is easy on the eyes, so I tolerate both of them.

Btw, I don't think Spencer ought to have been given the grisly details of his father's death, especially considering how many Port Charles residents come back from the dead if a body isn't recovered.  Had they just gone with the "he's missing" explanation, they wouldn't have had to worry about him dumping on Charlotte like that.  But that's too much like right, I guess heh.

*waves to everyone* Hi again, you guys.  Glad to be back.

17 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

I got physically nauseated seeing double doses of Sonny in those hallucination scenes and CarSon re-ringing scenes today. We'd see a teh evul Sonny hallucination frightening Sam as she talked with her husband or the doctors and nurses, and then almost immediately be plunged into a scene with tender Sonny loving up Carly or calming her down over Ava. They've done this juxtaposition previously on other days, and I deeply resent it because the show is just FORCING extra Sonny on us without a break and giving him more time than anybody or anything. And the show is pairing him up in different ways with different types of people: even Sonny and Spencer got extensive scenes recently. I wonder how soon the show will invent an excuse to put Auntie Stella and Sonny in a dramatic scene. Maybe Stella will want to put a hit on Jordan.

I can't even understand what's supposed to be wrong with Sam, anyway.  If she were having hallucinations, they would most likely be auditory ones and not visual ones, unless this was due to some drug reaction/toxicity or something along those lines.  Gah, hearing Sonny is bad enough, do we have to see MB chewing up the scenery as well?

• Love 6
(edited)
5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I agree she hasn't, and I wouldn't want her to be completely above board about it either. I didn't think you were rooting for Valentin either. My point was basically just backing up @LexieLily 's post, that if Lulu came out from behind the tree there probably would have been a lot more commentary (not just here but on twitter too) about it in general. Which wouldn't be unreasonable, seeing as it would probably have been really funny.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I agree she hasn't, and I wouldn't want her to be completely above board about it either. I didn't think you were rooting for Valentin either. My point was basically just backing up @LexieLily 's post, that if Lulu came out from behind the tree there probably would have been a lot more commentary (not just here but on twitter too) about in general. Which wouldn't be unreasonable, seeing as it would probably have been really funny.

I meant commentary here and Twitter, but also that if Valentin had found out he would have her back in court so fast her head would spin. But apparently it is okay when he sends their daughter mixed messages on purpose.

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, ulkis said:

if Lulu came out from behind the tree there probably would have been a lot more commentary (not just here but on twitter too) about in general.

For me the commentary is because Valentin is oh-so-casually lurking behind a tree. The park location in general is badly used, IMO, and this is just a really obvious example. "We're shooting outside today; how many scenes can we set here?" It's so clumsy. This scene could have been played at Kelly's or the MetroCourt, where Valentin bumping into Spencer wouldn't be quite so laughably dumb. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

You make it sound like Kevin was cheerleading for Valentin, he wasn't.  He just wasn't going to violate his professional ethics trying to influence the assigned therapist, which I think was really unfair of Lulu and Laura to even ask him.

No, not cheerleading.  They were doing nothing which was just as inexplicable. Even before Charlotte became a factor, there was a bizarrely apathetic reaction to the fact that the man who held them hostage, shot Kevin and murdered Nik was going to become their neighbor 

• Love 3

Laura and Lulu should have been in meetings with Alexis the day after Halloween (when Valentin first appeared at Wyndemere) to start the process of a wrongful death civil suit.

They didn't need Spencer for that, and there wouldn't have been the unsettling undercurrent there is now that they need to swallow everything wrong Valentin has done for Charlotte's sake.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

Laura and Lulu should have been in meetings with Alexis the day after Halloween (when Valentin first appeared at Wyndemere) to start the process of a wrongful death civil suit.

I know. I don't know if Alexis had her license back at that point, but she could certainly have been involved otherwise. It's annoying it's Spencer who's doing this, given how much handwringing Laura has done over Nik's death. Why is she so damn passive?

I don't think Spencer, as a minor, can bring a lawsuit anyway. It can be done in his name, but I think an adult has to represent him as plaintiff. (Hopefully I have my legal terms correct.) 

• Love 1

What judge did Valentin go to or pay off to get immediate temporary visitation and get to take Charlotte for three hours? He is clearly a flight risk, why is his not supervised? I won't be surprised if he doesn't bring her back to Lulu's. 

When Laura hauled off and slapped him, Valentin actually stepped forward like he was going to hit her back. Wonderful. 

• Love 6