Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

(edited)

The scenes with Carly and Olivia discussing Olivia's engagement to Ned made me itchy because I realized that, likely, Carly and Sonny will both be attending this Quartermaine wedding.  Gag.

ETA...Carly actually talked shit about AJ?  I must have missed that given my head didn't explode from #rageembolism.

As already discussed in the spoilers thread, I can't with Rebecca Budig (the character) being pregnant.  Ca.  N't.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
Just now, Linny said:

It's nice that in the midst of her joy for Olivia, Carly found the opportunity to shit on AJ. Really, Carly, you've still got a grudge against AJ? You robbed the man of his son while you got everything you wanted, then your mobster husband murdered him, but yeah, sure, AJ is the bad guy here. These unnecessary petty comments fill me with rage every time, because there's no reason for AJ to continuously be this show's whipping dog.

He'd get more respect if he wasn't so damned fat.

In Carly's world, it's AJ's fault that Carly had to basically ruin his life.  Damn him.

• Love 8
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Linny said:

And don't even get me started on Olivia pushing Carly towards Sonny. Olivia, of all people, knows just how toxic Sonny can be, so it's stupid that she wants Carly to reconcile with Sonny. 

The only way I can deal with this without going into a rage blackout is to think that Olivia is so happy about her engagement to Ned that she wants to see everyone else happy. Otherwise, she really shouldn't give a rat's ass about Sonny and Carly's relationship. And LOL that Liv thinks Carly is so fragile she can't deal with someone else's engagement.

At first I thought Rebecca Budig was sitting in the park at night, then I realized it was just the terrible light.

I wonder if the cake Finn was eating was JE's real-life farewell cake, and Matt Cohen got to work too late to have any. Hee.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

And LOL that Liv thinks Carly is so fragile she can't deal with someone else's engagement.

It's so ludicrous.  This is not the first time Carly has gotten divorced.  It's not even the first time she's gotten divorced from Sonny!

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

At first I thought Rebecca Budig was sitting in the park at night, then I realized it was just the terrible light.

Right?  Everytime they switched to that scene I'd have a moment of, when did it become nighttime, oh wait, it's just very bad lighting.  

19 minutes ago, Linny said:

The last thing this show needs is another fucking pregnancy storyline. Finn can barely handle Roxy, he and Hayden don't need a baby. 

But they have no storyline now that the disease/drug addiction is over.  When in trouble writing wise, have someone get pregnant or create a neuro toxin that'll take out the city.  Looks like were two for two.  

20 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Carly and Sonny will both be attending this Quartermaine wedding. 

Well in CarSon's defence (WTH?!), Sonny is the bride's baby daddy, and Carly is her business partner.  So unlike other weddings, they should be invited to this one.  It's not like that time the brother of the man that Sonny murdered got married in Sonny's house.  

24 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

Jordan spent months telling Valerie that Curtis was bad news…then hooks up with him once Andre threw her over.  

I disagree with this.  If memory serves, she broke up with Andre, though I'll concede that it was after he realized her heart was with Curtis.  But on the Valerie/Jordan thing, Jordan wasn't wrong in telling Val that Curtis was bad news because he was bad news.  Valerie is the one who eventually broke up with him, when she found out that he had looked at some file that she'd left on her desk.   since then, he's cleaned up his ways a little and Jordan got a chance to see that when they were working on the Buzz thing together.  

Re: Nina/MSt.  I'm not a fan, she has a lot of ticks that annoy, but I have to give kudos to her today.  There was just the right amount of anger, frustration, regret, sadness, determination.   Then when Valentin had the nerve to be all, "don't do this to Charlotte", she shut that down right quick.  

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Well in CarSon's defence (WTH?!), Sonny is the bride's baby daddy, and Carly is her business partner.  So unlike other weddings, they should be invited to this one.  It's not like that time the brother of the man that Sonny murdered got married in Sonny's house. 

Oh, I mean, it makes sense for the reasons you said.  Doesn't mean I have to like it.  Hopefully it doesn't take place at the Q mansion so I don't have a rage stroke about them being in Monica and Tracy's house.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Perkie said:

It's not crazy that they'd go, but it definitely wouldn't be a big deal if they didn't go. So I say they should still stay home. :D

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Not that I felt very deprived. Did General Hospital decide that a bold new "gay S&M" direction was the secret to higher ratings? 

LOL I want to give this post all of Jason's offshore banks illegal profits while Jake is watching.

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Apparently Martina is the only family law attorney in the country who can adequately represent Carly right now. It's so incredibly stupid. There's no reason except this idiotic plot point that this is happening.

Paging Nora Buchanan! Not a chance in hell Scummy would get near her and she'd be more than happy to help Carly take him for all he's got.

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

It's so ludicrous.  This is not the first time Carly has gotten divorced.  It's not even the first time she's gotten divorced from Sonny!

She didn't even WANT to make it official. Stupid Sonny was the one who badgered her.

• Love 1

How big a wedding is Olivia planning? I know it's her first, but she does realize it's Ned's eighth (? it's up there), right? 

Re: Nina/MSt.  I'm not a fan, she has a lot of ticks that annoy, but I have to give kudos to her today.  There was just the right amount of anger, frustration, regret, sadness, determination.   Then when Valentin had the nerve to be all, "don't do this to Charlotte", she shut that down right quick.  

Same here. Those were good scenes—on both sides. I really liked Valentin's "some scars cut deeper." It's too bad that line wasn't said a lot earlier, because it is a decent reason for him to keep talking to her. (It doesn't make the Anna stuff any less stupid, though.)

LOL at Nina breaking the watch. I'm surprised Curtis didn't start crying when he saw that. 

Would a drug test also be checking for pregnancy? And wouldn't the gender of the patient be known? So why would they check a man's sample for pregnancy in the first place?

Oh, André. You don't owe Carly and Sonny a thing.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL at Nina breaking the watch

I thought it was hilarious that it took her twenty minutes to break the stupid thing because her shoes were so flimsy.

2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

why would they check a man's sample for pregnancy in the first place?

Maybe it flagged the whatever hormone that shows up when you're pregnant.  Like "ept hormone is elevated" or "high levels of yada yada blood cells"  or something like that, that would have made Griffin realize that the person was  pregnant.  I mean, I love my Griffin but that boy was reading those results like his life depended on it!!  Reminded me of the eleventy seven hours that Liz took to read Aiden's paternity results.  

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Okay, so I did miss something. I FFed through a lot of their scenes. I just can't with them anymore.

I could not disagree more, LOL. I thought Valerie sounded like a bratty teenager with Jordan. And why isn't some of that anger directed at Curtis? He's just as much to blame. Ugh. Shut up, Valerie.

Well, we are definitely on opposite sides.  I'll just sit back back and enjoy the considerable support I've seen for Valerie and Brytni in yesterday's scenes - including from some who aren't Valerie fans. On the other hand, some of those who hated her in the Vante/Lante story will never come around with her and that is just the way it is in the fan world. 

So, I'll just continue to celebrate her scenes by quoing two of my favorite comments from others - just because I want to and because they describe how I feel about the scenes:

"Ker Pow ! She laid a punch to the woman without laying a hand on her. Valerie finally said what everyone has said . Jordan complained, and told Valerie she was dating a worthless no good man when Val was dating Curtis. Now Ms. Hypocrite is dating her ex. Boy did the poop hit the fan. Don't blame Valerie one bit for telling her off. I wish we would see more of sexy Valerie."

"But now we know for a fact that Valerie really DOES exist! And not only that, she's acting like a SPENCER, speaking truth to power, and not holding anything back, blasting Commish for her hypocrisy and unprofessionalism, leaving her speechless and dumbfounded!!

You GO, girl!"

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

How big a wedding is Olivia planning? I know it's her first, but she does realize it's Ned's eighth (? it's up there), right? 

I don't think so. He was married to Jenny Eckert, right? So her, Katherine Bell, and Lois. I forgot about the mixed married marriage with Chloe. And he and Alexis never actually got through the ceremony, so technically it's 4.

(edited)

Okay, Ned's had only three wives, but he's had three weddings that weren't complete (Dawn, Katherine Bell [this marriage was invalid because he was already married to Lois], and Alexis). So that makes Olivia his fourth wife and this wedding his seventh.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

Andre ended things with Jordan after she confessed to almost kissing Curtis, because he did not want to be cheated on and I applauded his actions.

I loved the Andre that we found out was with the WSB and his awesome scenes with Anna and Robert.

Jason and Franco need to just fuck and get it over with.  I am tired of both characters.

Valerie confronting Jordan about her hypocrisy when it comes to Curtis was well deserved and I loved that neither woman got into a bitch fight.

nuJake/HW may be a better actor than old Jake/JN, but he's just too damned cute to be the child that came back to town in 2015.

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Perkie said:

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Same here. Those were good scenes—on both sides. I really liked Valentin's "some scars cut deeper." It's too bad that line wasn't said a lot earlier, because it is a decent reason for him to keep talking to her. (It doesn't make the Anna stuff any less stupid, though.)

I agree with both these statements. I thought the Nina/Valentin scenes were great. MSt was perfect in them imo. JPS was still a little too cry-y for me (he didn't cry, but his voice was cry-y), but still, it worked. 

11 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

nuJake/HW may be a better actor than old Jake/JN, but he's just too damned cute to be the child that came back to town in 2015.

ngl I miss old Jake. I feel like this story needs his serial killer eyes.

The Carly/Olivia scenes were horrendous. I hate this Carly. LW smiles too much! I just hate everything having to do with this Carly/Sonny divorce. It's all so fucking stupid.

I really loved the Hayden/Curtis, Nina/Valentin, and Nina/Curtis scenes. 

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

valentin and anna or whoever she is have the same conversation over and over. Lulu, laura,kevin have the same conversation. almost everyone on this show has the same conversation.

why did they drop lauras search for the clues in the law books?

why does carly need sonnys assets? shes rich. is she going to be a mobster? is she going to run the coffee ware house and be a barista at perks?

2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I agree with both these statements. I thought the Nina/Valentin scenes were great. MSt was perfect in them imo. JPS was still a little too cry-y for me (he didn't cry, but his voice was cry-y), but still, it worked. 

ngl I miss old Jake. I feel like this story needs his serial killer eyes.

The Carly/Olivia scenes were horrendous. I hate this Carly. LW smiles too much! I just hate everything having to do with this Carly/Sonny divorce. It's all so fucking stupid.

I really loved the Hayden/Curtis, Nina/Valentin, and Nina/Curtis scenes. 

There was something brewing under the surface and in little Jake's eyes that told (IMO) a furious rage dealing with his missing four years away from his home.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

Jason and Franco need to just fuck and get it over with.  I am tired of both characters.

They can do it off-screen like the other couple, Lucas and Brad.

17 minutes ago, lor said:

I don't think they did. I'm pretty sure something happened with that whole thing. Didn't it have to do with Valentin? I don't really remember lol.

Maybe it flagged the whatever hormone that shows up when you're pregnant.  Like "ept hormone is elevated" or "high levels of yada yada blood cells"  or something like that, that would have made Griffin realize that the person was  pregnant.  I mean, I love my Griffin but that boy was reading those results like his life depended on it!!  Reminded me of the eleventy seven hours that Liz took to read Aiden's paternity results.  

A lot of drug tests do test for B-HCG (particularly if someone is receiving inpatient treatment).  I remember my grandfather telling me that one of his (male) workmates had his wife take a drug test for him, and the supervisor said, "Your test came back clean, but you're pregnant."  The gentleman was subsequently let go.

Thanks for that speech about how you gotta be a good role model, Nina.

What was the point of Sonny telling Andre about how awesome Avery is? 

Why is Hayden pregnant. Like . . . it's not needed for the story, at all.

46 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I was cringing half the time. I don't even know why. I don't hate Carly so I don't know why she comes across so darn fake in these kinds of scenes.

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, lor said:

I think that was just the start of the romance with Kevin, since the law books led her to him.  

22 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

why does carly need sonnys assets?

Sonny had Jax deported and unable to return to the country to see his daughter.  By Carly keeping Sonny's legal assets, he has to rely on the illegal assets and somehow (which I don't fully understand) that would force him to leave the country and live elsewhere while trying to liquidate illegal funds into legal ones so he can return.  That's what I understood from the various convos people have had about it.  

49 minutes ago, lor said:

is she going to be a mobster? is she going to run the coffee ware house and be a barista at perks?

It's only his legal assets.  She doesn't need to run the warehouse or the barista, I'm sure both have a manager, since I highly doubt Sonny runs anything.  except his mouth!!

6 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Why is Hayden pregnant

What else are they going to do with her character now.  

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, ulkis said:

What was the point of Sonny telling Andre about how awesome Avery is? 

Probably to prove to himself he's still an awesome father. He got her into Port Charles's premier preschool! I had to laugh at all of that crap. Don't break your arm trying to pat yourself on the back, Sonny.

14 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Why is Hayden pregnant

What else are they going to do with her character now.  

She's done helping with Finn through withdrawal; pregnancy is the natural next step.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Perkie said:

If memory serves, she broke up with Andre, though I'll concede that it was after he realized her heart was with Curtis.  But on the Valerie/Jordan thing, Jordan wasn't wrong in telling Val that Curtis was bad news because he was bad news.  Valerie is the one who eventually broke up with him, when she found out that he had looked at some file that she'd left on her desk.   since then, he's cleaned up his ways a little and Jordan got a chance to see that when they were working on the Buzz thing together.  

Memory can be fuzzy re Jordan and Andre because Andre is right- their relationship was often broken up or on the verge of breaking up because of the presence of Curtis in Jordan's life.   However, I remember the final breakup as being caused by Andre ending things after he learned that Jordan kissed Curtis in Baltimore.  Andre the shrink analyzed this situation pretty well in that he became increasingly aware of Jordan's attraction to Curtis.  Well before Jordan was really aware.  He loved her so he tried to work with the situation - but his relationship with Jordan was doomed for a long time. 

I don't think Jordan was deliberately trying to delude Andre or use her position as Valerie's boss to turn her rookie against Curtis.  However, from the change in her demeanor almost as soon as Valerie was out of the picture, I have wondered if Jordan's subconscious feelings were at least part of the reason for her giving Valerie the warnings she did.  

As for Valerie breaking up with Curtis, I think we need to look more closely at the time line here.  Yes, Curtis betrayed Valerie's trust and that was understandably upsetting to her.  However, an important point to remember is that this betrayal happened IMMEDIATELY after Jordan's strongest warning to Valerie about how being with Curtis was a threat to her career as a cop.  In fact, Valerie mentioned the possibility of Curtis almost causing her to lose her job when she called him out for his betrayal.  So I'd say that Jordan's warnings were definitely top of mind for Valerie at the time she broke up with Curtis.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

She's done helping with Finn through withdrawal; pregnancy is the natural next step.

She has an ongoing job as a financial officer keeping General Hospital solvent. Wouldn't that be challenge enough without pregnancy?

Is Carly really going to bust Martina/Sonny after a few days, yet the Nell crap went on for months?  I'm trying to like Martina, but when she speaks, I can see every tooth back to her molars.

I thought they would use Griffin's pee, since Hayden took Zenzen once upon a time.  Yeah, it leaves the system, but Griffin's sample would be "cleaner" than a former user.

Nice to see Monica around, I thought she would disappear without Tracy's presence. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, lor said:

why does carly need sonnys assets? shes rich. is she going to be a mobster? is she going to run the coffee ware house and be a barista at perks?

This is Carly. She wants her pound of flesh to soothe her wounds that Sonny inflicted. Her wounds being lied to multiple times and his stupid and petty actions with Jax. Myself? I would bankrupt all of Sonny's businesses and just keep their business licenses and leases current. Hell, offer better jobs to those businesses' non mob employees at other Carly owned businesses. Making it a pain in Sonny's ass to restart whether he wins them via divorce court or not. 

Carly is itching for a war.

Haven't caught up on today's episode. And after reading today's posts, not eager to do it now. *sob* Another unneeded pregnancy?  

if jason is the scarecrow he should sing if i only had a brain.   valentin should channel his seinfeld character when he played Elaine's boyfriend. desperado should come on and he can tell anna/alex can you not talk for a minute.

where was valerie this whole time?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Would a drug test also be checking for pregnancy? And wouldn't the gender of the patient be known? So why would they check a man's sample for pregnancy in the first place?

The way they're handling this whole drug thing makes me want to do drugs just to watch this stupid show without throwing stuff at my television. I figured they used Father Doctor Griffin for the test because that's one of the things they check specifically, a man can't use a woman's urine and vice versa. My brother had to go for drug tests and he told me some guy came in with his girlfriend's pee and he got kicked out of the program. I had to take drug tests when I was seeing a pain management doctor for fibromyalgia, I had to let them know all the meds I was on and one of the things they checked for was the level of all meds I took to make sure everything matched as far as what I was being prescribed. Those stupid tests were one of the reasons I weaned myself off pain meds and believe me, it was nothing like the garbage on my tv screen. This could actually be a somewhat good storyline if it was on a different show with actual writers who have, oh I don't know, the ability to write?

Sonny and NotBrendaLawyerLady are so stupid together it makes my hair hurt. Making me have to be on Carly's side is just plain mean but if sides must be taken, I'm never going to be on Sonny's slimy side. But please, stfu about AJ already Carly. I was never even a huge AJ fan back in the day, but he's been elevated to Sainthood in my eyes after having to listen to the constant bashing of a character that isn't even on the show!!! Do people who work on TFGH actually think it's funny to bash AJ forever?

I wish this show would get a big fat cancellation notice so I can stop the cycle of madness I'm stuck in. I've been watching since 1976, back in the days when a shitty storyline would eventually disappear and show would give me something to like. Now it's like we've all been given a bad batch of zen-zen and we're stuck in this hellish psychedelic '70's-style television-version of a bad trip.

Sorry if the drug test thing has already been addressed, I'm behind on reading posts.

• Love 5
(edited)

Can I just say I am so sick & tired of this Nathan/Maxie story. 

I understand KS has some personal issues and isn't on the show, and the reason they concocted for her absence is fine, whatever. But this angst they are desperately trying to build for Nathan is not only silly and embarrassing, I actually find it offensive

I can't recall one time Nathan saying that if Maxie wants to stay in Portland that he could easily find a job as a police officer there. Didn't he basically just show up in Port Charles on his manhunt for John McBain, or whoever the hell he was then, and then decide to stay & work at the PCPD? Couldn't he do the same in Portland? Don't they have police there? I mean, God forbid, a man could follow his wife when she gets a killer job opportunity. It's not like he has aging parents he's caring for that can't be moved. Or children in school he has to think about. He literally has 2 family members there and they can afford to come to Portland to visit...UGH. 

And pah-lease, they've been married for like 5 minutes and apart for less than that and he's already questioning if she loves him enough? Honestly, you can't be apart from your wife for a couple of months after just getting married without everything falling apart?

I understand it's a soap opera and everything turns dramatic at some point, and they want to include Nathan in the show even though Maxie is away. But my GOD, I can think of 10 other plots off the top of my head that would be better than this crap. Seriously - what about picking up the dropped "who's your daddy" story? What if Nathan started feeling ill and without Maxie there, he ignores his symptoms only to find he's really sick but doesn't want to tell Maxie who will feel obligated to come home and care for him? What about getting him sucked into Nina's story w/ Anna & Valentin? What about going undercover to infiltrate a drug ring, or better yet, to bring down the mob? What about developing a friendship with Amy, who does not turn out to be a stalker, but rather someone hiding her own dark secret that he helps with? Have him get involved with something his mother is into? Have someone he put in jail start stalking him and  making his life a living hell? 

Jeez, seriously, they have a golden opportunity to showcase Nathan alone and they give us this crap? I'm not a huge Nathan fan, but if they are going to include him, at least give us something that isn't so God-awful stupid. He should be doing back-flips of joy that his wife, the woman he loves more than anything in the world, has not only an amazing job opportunity but also the opportunity to be with her daughter for a few months - and instead all he is doing is being a whiny bitch. 

Edited by Lunula
  • Love 6
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Lunula said:

What about getting him sucked into Nina's story w/ Anna & Valentin?

This might actually be happening.

13 minutes ago, Lunula said:

What about developing a friendship with Amy, who does not turn out to be a stalker, but rather someone hiding her own dark secret that he helps with?

What? A woman doesn't turn crazy over a man? That's like expecting her to have a planned pregnancy.

Sarcasm aside, I agree it's idiotic that Nathan is whining about Maxie's great opportunity. I don't have a problem with him missing her, but sheesh, man, if you're so worried about your marriage, go out to Portland and talk to Maxie in person.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4
(edited)

Are we really supposed to feel sorry for Sonny when he's lying and Carly has him absolutely dead to rights re: the weirdness with the Brenda!Bot?  Not.

Damn that robber, Nelle was all ready to leave town, but I guess this is supposed to turn it around for her and make us feel sorry for her?  Not.

Did Jean and Shelly dust off some old Ron scripts for the Anna reveal?  Not.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

WTF, I really liked the Hayden/Finn scenes today.  Not the 'science' aspect of how she was tested, but rather how they handled it like ADULTS. They talked about how it happened (even about her being on BC!), the state of their relationship, his recovery, how both felt about children and having children and if they were ready. That they loved each other and he would support her in whatever choice she made and he would be by her side. No tears or yelling or anything.  They treated it seriously, they were quiet and thoughtful and listened to each other.  WTF?! Is this GH?!

Yes it is because there was also Sonny/Carly and their usual shitstorm of yelling and whining and the Brendabot is right there, acting like a pathetic fool and coward for NO REASON and then after being humiliated by Carly and being ordered out of the restaurant by Carly (complete with finger point) her pathetic ass waits around and comes back when Carly leaves.

Nelle, stop letting Michael judge you.  Stop explaining yourself to him. He defends Sonny and Carly each day, every day and they are the WORST people of all.  Of course Michael runs off to report to Mommy that Nelle is leaving town and of course Carly blabs to him about her and Sonny's latest screechfest.

So now Valerie is "Curtis' ex" to Jordan? That's how she describes Valerie to Anna? FU GH.  FU for reducing a female friendship, a BLACK female friendship to that.  Jordan and Valerie are colleagues, they are friends (or were) and had a bit of a mentor/mentoree vibe going on as well. They were WAY more than this pathetic attempt at suggesting Anna and Jordan are friends. Ugh.

• Love 4

Hot damn, Carly was on fire today. She did an excellent job tearing into Sonny. I feel like I need to cherish these moments where she gives Sonny an earful, because she will certainly walk back on her stance in due time. 

Fake Anna's attitude with Jordan was awesome. "Yep, life is precious, can't waste a moment, now go be with your hot boyfriend and leave me alone."

The upside to Hayden's pregnancy is that there's no doubt who the father is. And she's got until the end of the year to decide how to beat Sam's five minute delivery at the bottom of the bridge. Knowing this show, it'll be Liz and Franco delivering the baby while stuck in an elevator or something equally dumb.

I'm sorry Nelle got beat up, but she's still pathetic for letting her life choices rest on the shoulders of a man she's never even dated. Whether she stays in PC or not, she needs to make the decision for herself, not base it on Michael.

I love how they showed us Big Ben and helpfully captioned it as London, England. Was I supposed to be shocked by Anna's appearance? They must believe our intelligence level is roughly on par with that of a gnat, because they sure treat us as if we're stupid.

• Love 7
20 hours ago, Perkie said:

Sonny had Jax deported and unable to return to the country to see his daughter.  By Carly keeping Sonny's legal assets, he has to rely on the illegal assets and somehow (which I don't fully understand) that would force him to leave the country and live elsewhere while trying to liquidate illegal funds into legal ones so he can return.  That's what I understood from the various convos people have had about it.  

Sonny could opt to let Carly keep his assets and stay in Port Charles while living a more modest lifestyle.  This would mean getting an apartment (maybe there is one available in Maxie's building) and working a real job.  He likes to cook, he could take over Kelly's and live upstairs.  It would be a blast to watch Sonny live an ordinary life.  An added bonus would be the Feds watching his finances to make sure he was not living off of his illegal assets.  A broke/powerless Sonny Corrinthos reduced to making and serving Kelly's famous BLTs.

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Are we really supposed to feel sorry for Sonny when he's lying and Carly has him absolutely dead to rights re: the weirdness with the Brenda!Bot?  Not.

Good to know Sonny doesn't ever learn anything from previous behaviors. Extra irony points for the divorce happening because of lying.

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Linny said:

love how they showed us Big Ben and helpfully captioned it as London, England. Was I supposed to be shocked by Anna's appearance? They must believe our intelligence level is roughly on par with that of a gnat, because they sure treat us as if we're stupid.

I've been sufficiently traumatized by Fluke; I'm just grateful that she didn't have NotDID

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 4

I missed the first 20 minutes due to Spicer and I don't care to seek it out. Boring ep. Nothing super offensive though.

The Hayden/Finn scenes were kinda not terrible, but the mere fact that she's pregnant is so beyond terrible that it doesn't matter. So fucking stupid.

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, Vella said:

WTF, I really liked the Hayden/Finn scenes today.  Not the 'science' aspect of how she was tested, but rather how they handled it like ADULTS. They talked about how it happened (even about her being on BC!), the state of their relationship, his recovery, how both felt about children and having children and if they were ready. That they loved each other and he would support her in whatever choice she made and he would be by her side. No tears or yelling or anything.  They treated it seriously, they were quiet and thoughtful and listened to each other.  WTF?! Is this GH?!

Yes it is because there was also Sonny/Carly and their usual shitstorm of yelling and whining and the Brendabot is right there, acting like a pathetic fool and coward for NO REASON and then after being humiliated by Carly and being ordered out of the restaurant by Carly (complete with finger point) her pathetic ass waits around and comes back when Carly leaves.

Nelle, stop letting Michael judge you.  Stop explaining yourself to him. He defends Sonny and Carly each day, every day and they are the WORST people of all.  Of course Michael runs off to report to Mommy that Nelle is leaving town and of course Carly blabs to him about her and Sonny's latest screechfest.

So now Valerie is "Curtis' ex" to Jordan? That's how she describes Valerie to Anna? FU GH.  FU for reducing a female friendship, a BLACK female friendship to that.  Jordan and Valerie are colleagues, they are friends (or were) and had a bit of a mentor/mentoree vibe going on as well. They were WAY more than this pathetic attempt at suggesting Anna and Jordan are friends. Ugh.

You've hit on some of the same points that either pleased or irritated me today. 

I was surprised to like Hayden and Finn today.  I'm going to give the scriptwriter, Kate Hall a nod here.  Her words worked for them today.  But I think the main reason that I liked the scenes better was that I've been able to accept that the writers have made Hayden a whole new character.  I can remember a time when some fans called her the most hated character in Port Charles - and I know that I didn't like her much then either.  And, for a long while, I was far too annoyed that the writers were making such a point of promoting her - especially when some other characters could hardly buy a single episode of good development. 

Sonny and Carly are white noise - I can't really watch them anymore.  One of the most repeated tropes on soaps is the love story "fraught with angst and mayhem." So, I expect repetition of this theme. However, I sure as h***  don't expect it repeated FIVE times with the same characters.  Done!

And I'm tired of watching potentially good characters like Michael caught up in having to broker peace and defend them.  He should have remained a Quartermaine! 

I'm with you on regretting what might have been - and what should have been - with Valerie and Jordan.  So much potential there for a solid friendship - mentor/mentoree or even older "sister"/younger "sister."   But then there was overall wasted potential with Valerie as a Spencer and as a younger female character who either wasn't a Corinthos or wasn't the blonde, younger woman image we see so much on GH. 

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 5
On 5/11/2017 at 4:31 PM, Perkie said:

I disagree with this.  If memory serves, she broke up with Andre, though I'll concede that it was after he realized her heart was with Curtis.  But on the Valerie/Jordan thing, Jordan wasn't wrong in telling Val that Curtis was bad news because he was bad news.  Valerie is the one who eventually broke up with him, when she found out that he had looked at some file that she'd left on her desk.   since then, he's cleaned up his ways a little and Jordan got a chance to see that when they were working on the Buzz thing together. 

Jordan did confirm today that Andre broke up with her. 

• Love 2