Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I hate her so much. 

Oh, and finally, they'll be able to take advantage of ME and FH's chemistry!*

*I did think they had some though, I gotta admit.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, ulkis said:

FH has chemistry with a tissue box.

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, stlbf said:
2 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I'll let you know when they retcon Valentin into Robin's father

You take this back! Delete it immediately!  

Oh god!!!! It is out there in the universe.  We have all thought about the possibility but now that we have said it we must all turn around three times and spit.   

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

They did! The two of them working together was my favorite thing about his stint

• Love 6
7 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:
8 hours ago, stlbf said:
9 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Oh god!!!! It is out there in the universe.  We have all thought about the possibility but now that we have said it we must all turn around three times and spit.   

Could be worse. Could make Sonny Robin's father.

15 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Lucy blackmailing Ava is ridiculous.

And no matter how much Ava pays Lucy, Lucy will have this over her head. Groveling Ava needs to contact Bad-Ass Ava to make Lucy "disappear".

However, it's another case of storylines crossing over, even if it's for the Nurses Ball.

• Love 3
On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 9:40 PM, HeatLifer said:
On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 8:56 PM, IWantCandy71 said:

What I really want to know is, why are JaSam so boring?

Because that's what happens when you refuse to write characters as having faults or dilemmas. They're always right. They're always good. There's always a curse or a bad guy waiting to get them.

They came sooooooooooclose with Morgan. But Ava fucked with his pills, so it's her fault he went off the rails.

I'm surprised Alexis is still considered an alcoholic, and that Liv didn't make her one. It may still be covered by "Julian drove her to drink".

10 hours ago, HeatLifer said:
12 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't understand her story with Valentin at all.

I'm FF'ing it for my own insanity. I can't do their retconned BS. Cannot.

Theory in "Speculation" Forum.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

These writers don't have a clue about history, so brace yourselves.

10 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

9 hours ago, stlbf said:

8 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

After turning around three times and spitting it occurred to me these writers are so discombobulated and/or overwhelmed/careless/egomaniacal/adjective-of-your-choice that I wouldn't be surprised if they retconnedValentin and Anna into FatherDoctor Griffin's parents. They all have dark hair ya know.

TFGH, where reason, rationale and logic are no longer necessary.

ps: still trying to get that multiquote thingy down, apologies for any out of order quotes.

• Love 5

Yesterday's episode was relatively good.  Pretty much the only positive thing about the dismal writing and pacing is that when finally they kick a plot into a higher gear, the results are more pronounced.  However, there still is no excuse for repetition - especially with the two horrible characters of Sonny and Carly.  I am convinced that there are more capable actors on the cast that could take the helm of the show.  Anyone (including Franco and Nina) else as long as no whining is involved.   Uncle.   

• Love 1
2 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

Could be worse. Could make Sonny Robin's father.

And no matter how much Ava pays Lucy, Lucy will have this over her head. Groveling Ava needs to contact Bad-Ass Ava to make Lucy "disappear".

However, it's another case of storylines crossing over, even if it's for the Nurses Ball.

Then Serena can come and methodically destroy Ava's and Sonny's lives if anything happens to Lucy. 

• Love 2

The way Scotty was talking about Serena the other day really made me want to see her/see her bounce off of him and Lucy, but I can't tell if that mention was indicating we might, or trying to get us to shut up about asking for it.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

I've said it before, I can't be mad at the characters (some of them anyway) for the decisions these writers have them make. Lucky as he'd been written till he left, the man who willingly raised two boys who are not biologically his own, would never leave his kids. It wouldn't have taken much for the writers to make sure he was still a part of Cam, Jake and Aiden's lives. Just have Liz occasionally mention that they'd Skyped with  him, or that the kids were with him for a few weeks. I mean, we don't even see Cam and Aiden anymore. Why not just say they're with Lucky?! Or have Lulu mention how Uncle Lucky had come by to see Rocco over the weekend or something! 

Robert loved Robin since the moment he found her in his living room and raised her till she was fourteen. Anyone who has watched the scenes from 85-92, would never be able to say that Robert would one day be a deadbeat dad. AMC had Anna having amnesia for a decade, why couldn't GH have just said that Robert was stuck in some prison somewhere? I'm always glad that Anna's return was handled by AMC and not done on GH. As much as I loved the R/A/R scenes that did Robert's return in '06, that was a lot of revisionist history. Robert, Anna, Robin, Holly, etc were all sacrificed for an idiotic plot. 

Anna was in PC in 06, 07 and 08. She was there for Robert's' cancer and Emma's birth. Then she disappears, the next we hear of her being when Robin and Emma visit her in London in 2010 offscreen! They could have said that Robert met them there as well. Actually, at multiple points post the Scrubs Wedding (where we had Anna, Robert, Robin, Mac, Maxie, Matt and baby Emma together and happy!), they could have just dropped Robin talking about having spoken to Robert. But these writers chose him to be an absentee father. Lisa happened once Robin got back from London. Considering Anna's own experience with Olivia Jerome (where she finally used a blow torch to get OJ to confess her crimes!), I always wondered why not have Anna there at that time. She would have been most equipped to help Robin through that time. Instead, apparently Anna never knew about Lisa at all. So, Robin can visit Anna in LONDON but no one informs her there's a psycho after her daughter (The same way, Mac and Felicia live in the same town but are missing when Anna is dealing with cancer). 

If they didn't want to recast Frisco, I wish they would have just killed him off. The have damaged his character beyond repair. And I could cry thinking of what they did to Tony. 

The Quartermaines, Scorpios, Jones, Spencers, Hardys, Webbers used to be the the main families on this show. There were all friends who interacted with each other. We had people who worked in Buisness, law enforcement, health and even media. They were the good guys who were allowed to win over the bad guys. Now there's only Anna, Maxie, Lulu, Laura, and Liz we get too see on a fairly regular basis and the writers seem intent on trashing that too!

Sorry, I know I've gone off a bit. I hope this makes sense to someone!

• Love 13
25 minutes ago, Vera said:

I've said it before, I can't be mad at the characters (some of them anyway) for the decisions these writers have them make.

I agree....kinda. Or depending on how I feel that day, lol. But if I was to always think in this manner, I'd never have anything to discuss. At some point, you gotta be able to look at a character and say, "OK, they did that. This is what I think." 

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I agree....kinda. Or depending on how I feel that day, lol. But if I was to always think in this manner, I'd never have anything to discuss. At some point, you gotta be able to look at a character and say, "OK, they did that. This is what I think." 

Agreed. It's easier to not be mad at some characters. For me, with people, they were good people/parents until the current writing staff got their hands on them. So I can get mad on their behalves that they're being written out of character when they weren't before. With other characters like Sonny, Carly and Jason who have been horrible their entire adult lives, it's easier to hold them responsible for their own actions. 

With the Scorpio-Jones clan, I pretend everything post the 2008 Scrubs wedding didn't happen as written on the show. It's an entire different story in my head!

• Love 5

When it goes way OOC with no explanation—Carly hooking up with Franco—I think it's fair to put it on the writers. But when a character is consistently written in a particular way, even if it's OOC, then I think you have to say, "This is the character now." It doesn't mean you have to accept it or like it, of course. Lucky as a deadbeat is one of those things that never should have happened, but it is what it is.

Obviously, everything the characters do is because of the writers. But I think some of the stuff that happens is done because the writers just want to put their ideas on the show, regardless of sense to a story or a character. Not plot-point writing exactly, but "I really want to write x, and this character is how I'm going to do it." Giving Anna her new disease, for example. Somehow the illness itself became a priority, and it was slapped onto Anna. 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

When it goes way OOC with no explanation—Carly hooking up with Franco—I think it's fair to put it on the writers. But when a character is consistently written in a particular way, even if it's OOC, then I think you have to say, "This is the character now." It doesn't mean you have to accept it or like it, of course. Lucky as a deadbeat is one of those things that never should have happened, but it is what it is.

I would still count Lucky as a deadbeat as OOC, because he's not on screen. But, say, Liz - I think there was a time where I was able to say, this whining desperate person doesn't seem much like Liz. But at this point? It's in character. Bah.

• Love 7

Nina, sweetie, if you have a problem with Valentin and Anna, bring it up with them. Don't involve anyone who is tangentially related to them. Griffin took it in stride, but I'm not sure your mailman will have the same reaction.

Laura can speak Turkish? That's as convenient as Lucas understanding Chinese when it's pertinent to Sam's investigation.

Ned: "Olivia, will you marry me?" Olivia: "Didn't we already do this scene a month ago? Have we gotten sucked into Sonny and Carly's Vortex of Unvarying Conversations?"

Maxie taking a job across the country from her new husband is a lame way to explain Kirsten Storms' absence.

• Love 7

Oh shit, are they really going to go there with Anna's twin Alexandra?  Griffin said something about Valentin possibly confusing her with someone else and then Anna got all weird and said she had to take a trip.

Olivia is being so annoying.  "I want you to adopt my kid and provide for him emotionally and (presumably) financially, but marry you?  Ew!".  Just dump her, Ned.

Really disappointed Lucy blackmailing Ava with the pills boiled down to nothing soapy or interesting for Ms. Coe.

Tracy and Laura getting their "Thelma and Louise" on.  Road trip!

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh shit, are they really going to go there with Anna's twin Alexandra?  Griffin said something about Valentin possibly confusing her with someone else and then Anna got all weird and said she had to take a trip.

That would actually make sense. I'm a little stunned.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Linny said:

Laura can speak Turkish? That's as convenient as Lucas understanding Chinese when it's pertinent to Sam's investigation.

It would have made much more sense if she'd had to learn it while she was trapped on Cassadine island. 

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Up until that point, I was really hoping that Valentin was messing with her. We learned a couple of  years ago that there is a Faison-Cassadine connection. Given Faison's obsession with Anna,  it wouldn't be too hard to accept that Faison had hypnotized Anna to forget the evil she did at his behest, or that he implanted Anna with a trigger word (that Valentin discovered) that would make her doubt her own memories. I particularly like the second option, since it would be a very Cassadine-ish thing to do.

However, it looks ike we're going to get another character from another show dragged in to the plot. But, if Anna's evil twin  shows up on screen and kills Nina, I'll grudgingly not complain for at least a week.

Edited by rur
  • Love 6

Unless Valentin is playing it up on purpose, Valentin needs to dial it back a couple of notches with the teary faces. That said, JSP is looking pretty handsome lately.

I liked the stuff with Tracy/Ava/Laura. 

1 hour ago, Linny said:

Maxie taking a job across the country from her new husband is a lame way to explain Kirsten Storms' absence.

I don't know, I think it makes sense, especially it's Portland, it's not like she chose a job any old place. And especially since that situation is limbo right now, I think it's fine under those circumstances. Although I had to chuckle at the hyperbole of three months without Maxie being hell for Nathan.

Amy is so annoying. And she needed to stop putting 10 coats of lipstick on.

Kiki: Jason doesn't get to call all the shots.

Huh? What? Why is Kiki having this conversation with Liz? What would Kiki know about it? Why would Liz listen to her? 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Huh? What? Why is Kiki having this conversation with Liz? What would Kiki know about it? Why would Liz listen to her? 

Lauren is probably the only person who's genuinely pro-Franco, so who else would Elizabeth talk to when she wants support for her actions?

• Love 7

I didn't catch this...because I don't really pay attention when Amy 2.0 is talking...but Twitter is saying that Amy 2.0 said something indicating that she and Kristina are maybe roommates, or possibly dating?  Did any of you hear that?

Either way, but particularly if they're dating, this all happening is off-screen and then being exposited like that is some bullshit.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I didn't catch this...because I don't really pay attention when Amy 2.0 is talking...but Twitter is saying that Amy 2.0 said something indicating that she and Kristina are maybe roommates, or possibly dating?  Did any of you hear that?

Either way, but particularly if they're dating, this all happening is off-screen and then being exposited like that is some bullshit.

I think she said the name Kristina. I'll be very surprised if they're actually dating.

Edited by ulkis

I dunno, Frank did say something in that Twitter Q&A of his about Kristina getting a love interest.  If they're aren't already, I'm sure them being (off-screen) roommates is about setting them up to date.  Which, holy random as fuck, Batman!

ETA...I can't recall, has Amy 2.0 shown interest in anyone previously?  I feel like we saw her slobber over Dr. Michael Easton, right?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7

She's slobbered over Griffin, too, I think. But you don't have to be hetero to find the opposite sex attractive. That said, if she and Kristina do become a couple, I agree: holy random as fuck, Batman! (Or, TFGH.)

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

because I don't really pay attention when Amy 2.0

Amy was behaving like she was in a high school production of Grease.  Guh she's annoying.  But yes, she was talking to "Kristina" and it sounded like they are, at minimum, roomates.  

• Love 6
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

I don't know, I think it makes sense, especially it's Portland, it's not like she chose a job any old place. And especially since that situation is limbo right now, I think it's fine under those circumstances.

She gets to be closer to Georgie, too, which doubly makes sense.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

I will guess, from Liz's perspective, Kiki is the one of Franco's two friends who doesn't hate on her in the workplace, isn't the one who tortured her gal pal and almost killed said gal pal's father. Also, Liz doesn't have any girlfriends to talk to these days - they've all been killed off, or left town.

From Kiki's perspective, as a young woman raised by mother Ava, she's a lot like a young Carly - thinking she knows what's what, that her life and opinion matter, considers Franco to be decent, loyal to her and believes everyone is just against him/close-minded (similar to Carly's life-long claim to be Jason's BFF). Also, she's not on the best of terms with the Corinthos fam right now and those close to them because of wanting to dump Morgan around the time he died.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Olivia is being so annoying.  "I want you to adopt my kid and provide for him emotionally and (presumably) financially, but marry you?  Ew!".  Just dump her, Ned.

Yeah.  After hearing that today, he needs to.

• Love 5

LOL that Curtis turned down Jordan's job offer. You're on a date, lady, not an interview.

Gross that Tracy expects Ava to find that painting for free. I also didn't like Tracy's exasperation that someone in another country didn't speak English. All that said, I do like Tracy and Laura working together.

15 hours ago, Vyk said:
20 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Yeah.  After hearing that today, he needs to.

I know. What? There's nothing wrong with not getting married, but there are no guarantees in life ever, Olivia. You suck.

We haven't had a cryer for a while, so I guess Valentin is filling the gap. 

That "antique" looked like it was made of wax. And really, masked armed robbers? Oh, Show.

Edited by dubbel zout
proper punctuation; belatedly noticed
  • Love 8
48 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

There's nothing wrong with not getting married, but there are no guarantees in life ever, Olivia. You suck.

And it's not like Olivia had a disastrous first marriage that would sour her on the institution, that would at least make some sense.

• Love 4

I can't wait to hear the stupidity to come out of KiKi's mouth. After all she caught attitude with Sam when they got her out there heavily pregnant looking for her sexual assaulter. She is going to get dragged tomorrow on Twitter and I am here for it. This is why Sam doesn't fuck with her sperm donor's side of the family.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, dr. gailey said:

I can't wait to hear the stupidity to come out of KiKi's mouth. After all she caught attitude with Sam when they got her out there heavily pregnant looking for her sexual assaulter. She is going to get dragged tomorrow on Twitter and I am here for it. This is why Sam doesn't fuck with her sperm donor's side of the family.

I despise the Jeromes. 

And Sam and Lucas are not Jeromes. I wish Ava and Kiki would just die and Leo and Avery shouldn't even exist and Julian should die for real. 

• Love 1

But, if Anna's evil twin shows up on screen and kills Nina, I'll grudgingly not complain for at least a week.

Making her evil would be a new wrinkle. Alexandra certainly was never evil in her stint on All My Children.

She was useless, but that's something else. Kind of an AMC equivalent to Chloe Morgan, as I recall. A bland nicey-nice character who was perennially put upon. When Anna popped in and Fin played the sisterly dual role for a time, I was like, "Can we keep this one and get rid of the boring one?" 

Then again, I think Alex did have some brainwashing/terrorist past. So, maybe Wig on a Stick can make its much-ballyhooed return for some over-the-shoulder shots.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 5

If the show adds Alex, can their wacky nephew Aiden be far behind? Has the whole PP crap been settled?  Does the network 100% own the AMC and OLTL characters now? Please just let the Devaney lost half brother stay gone. That was a stinker storyline. Last I remember hearing about Alex was that she was in Europe with Dimitri. 

So, Laura just happened to learn Turkish 30 years ago and has managed to stay fluent.  Whatever show. Not that I'm complaining about a Laura/Tracy join up. But isn't italian or greek a more likely language for Laura to have picked up and kept up (with traveling with Nik and Spencer) over the years. 

Why the hell would Tracy expect ANYONE to work for free? Especially in the art world. 

Ned, you deserve so much better. If only you believed that too. Olivia is so useless.

I think that Jordan needs to have a word with PCPD's HR department. She needs to be reminded that it really isn't a good idea for the police chief to be sleeping with one of the officers on her police force. And let's not forget that she was married to his brother.

• Love 4

Olivia has been one of the most all-over-the-place characters in General Hospital history, hasn't she? I think they lean really hard on Lisa LoCiCero's distinctive look and voice to hold it all together. If you look at the way she's acted and what she's done, she's seemed like about four different people since she showed up, depending on which characters she's been supporting. I cannot believe she has been around since 2008. Cripes.  

Last I remember hearing about Alex was that she was in Europe with Dimitri.

There was a mention in 2013 (which I guess would have been AMC's Prospect Park run) of Alex and Dimitri having split up.  I only know that from reading her character bio. Long after my time.  

Edit: Oh, and yes, all the rights to those characters have reverted to ABC as of 2016.  

Edited by Asp Burger
12 hours ago, Linny said:

She's gonna be in Portland? Was that to make her seem more maternal, since her daughter and Spinelli are there? Or is it to break up her and Nathan and reunite her with Spinelli?

No way does Laura speak Turkish. An English speaker doesn't pick up Turkish; there are lots of grammatical and phonological differences. Also, the primary dialect is the Istanbul dialect, where Laura and Luke didn't live (they were on some idyllic coast, she said). Greek is a more likely project for Laura. 

Wouldn't a Renaissance painting would be worth more than 20 million dollars today, even if by a minor artist? Why would anyone in Turkey care about a European Renaissance painting? Seems like Turks would be more interested in Byzantine period art, since Istanbul is pretty much a center of the Byzantine history and influence.

And Ava's statue is supposedly from Ephesus, which is in Turkey? Why all this sudden writerly interest in Turkey?

• Love 5
15 hours ago, ulkis said:

Shut up, Lauren, you brother fucking waste of space. You've been around PC all of 2 minutes and not only slept with 2 brothers, you're now involved with the cousin of one of said brothers.

Wait, I guess her and Liez do have something in common with the brother fucking. Still, she's an idiot and knows less than nothing. Step right the fuck off.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And it's not like Olivia had a disastrous first marriage that would sour her on the institution, that would at least make some sense.

And her examples to be afraid of marriage were CarSon (the true example of disfunctional )  and Julexis (knife to the throat)

• Love 3
12 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

That "antique" looked like it was made of wax. And really, masked armed robbers? Oh, Show.

Will Masked Armed Gunmen be more than a one-day plotpoint? Ava's pills and waxnique, Ned's rings, Lucy's checks, and whatever red herrings will be taken. And Cowardly Ava will be threatened. Again.

If Show is dropping Chekov's Not-So-Dead-Julian in this, I might be amused.

If Show is dropping Morgan the Winter Soldier, I'd be annoyed unless it's a recast.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

No way does Laura speak Turkish. An English speaker doesn't pick up Turkish; there are lots of grammatical and phonological differences. Also, the primary dialect is the Istanbul dialect, where Laura and Luke didn't live (they were on some idyllic coast, she said). Greek is a more likely project for Laura. 

That's why it would have made more sense for her to have had to learn it when she was on Cassadine Island, since the C's probably exclusively hired  nefarious Turkish henchmen as their servants/minions, and in order to survive Laura had to learn to communicate. 

And Ava's statue is supposedly from Ephesus, which is in Turkey? Why all this sudden writerly interest in Turkey?

Isn't that where all the prisons are that house disappeared Port Charles residents? 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Why would anyone in Turkey care about a European Renaissance painting?

Because it's old and expensive and people are willing to pay 20 million.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

She's gonna be in Portland? Was that to make her seem more maternal, since her daughter and Spinelli are there? Or is it to break up her and Nathan and reunite her with Spinelli?

I am glad for once they gave a completely logically explanation to Maxie's absence than the normal character destroying shit/recast they often like to do. Nina fired her, she needs a job, why not relocate temporarily to the West Coast to observe a different fashion scene.  We allow bio dads to share the parenting with the live in step dad, why can't Maxie and Ellie? 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 5