Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Tom's been dead for a month but Liz trips on the album as though he just shoved it under the couch an hour ago. You're saying Seth didn't trip over that stupid thing every day for the past month that he's been walking around his living room. So stupid.

I hate when MS does that weird, childish, babyish, coquetish stuff. She's much better when she's acting like a normal person.

I don't undertstand Anna's actions. Does she have a tracking device on Valentin? How did she know he'd be at the Rib? Then she heads over there, spouts nonsense that has nothing to do with nothing than storms out. You have a fantastic actress with a rich history and this is the story you give her?

Love how convenient that one look at Tom's dead body and Alexis suddenly remembers that she dropped the knife and took off. Would have made more sense if they had brought in Andre to hypnotize her into remembering.

I swear to dog if Franco gets out of his death bed (seriously, what was with the coughing up blood) and heads over to the Bakers' to rescue Liz, I'm going to punch someone in the throat. Liz should either be the strong woman and extricate herself from the situation she so stupidly put herself into, or at worst, Nathan should use his detective skills and figure out she's there and get there in time to arrest Seth.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Perkie said:

I swear to dog if Franco gets out of his death bed (seriously, what was with the coughing up blood) and heads over to the Bakers' to rescue Liz, I'm going to punch someone in the throat. Liz should either be the strong woman and extricate herself from the situation she so stupidly put herself into, or at worst, Nathan should use his detective skills and figure out she's there and get there in time to arrest Seth.

Or Seth stabs her.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Perkie said:

Tom's been dead for a month but Liz trips on the album as though he just shoved it under the couch an hour ago. You're saying Seth didn't trip over that stupid thing every day for the past month that he's been walking around his living room. So stupid.

I hate when MS does that weird, childish, babyish, coquetish stuff. She's much better when she's acting like a normal person.

I don't undertstand Anna's actions. Does she have a tracking device on Valentin? How did she know he'd be at the Rib? Then she heads over there, spouts nonsense that has nothing to do with nothing than storms out. You have a fantastic actress with a rich history and this is the story you give her?

Love how convenient that one look at Tom's dead body and Alexis suddenly remembers that she dropped the knife and took off. Would have made more sense if they had brought in Andre to hypnotize her into remembering.

FV IS determined everyone will love Franco and it will not matter who gets in his way!  Freak Franco should have never been anywhere near Elizabeth and her boys.  Franco should have stayed dead!

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

The Seth actor is really good.

I like him, too. 

1 hour ago, Perkie said:

I know. The baby voice drives me absolutely insane.

I think Valentin did know Lulu was Charlotte's bio mother from the beginning (or close enough), but he hasn't had any reason until now to do anything about it.

• Love 3

Can someone check Sam for a pulse?  Her low-energy reactions to everything ("Jason's in the hospital--what's the matter?" said with the intensity of asking if it's going to rain today) are really, really off.  

I've decided, for my own entertainment, to add DZ commentary to all his scenes.  During the interrogation scenes where Alexis miraculously remembered she didn't kill Tom he was repeating "three daughters to put through college" on a loop.  

• Love 5

Wouldn't it be cool if Olivia Jerome was actually Griffin's mother and the mother who raised him and then died kept it a secret because Dewk paid her off? Anna's head would explode, hilarity would ensue, and perhaps -- just perhaps -- a decent storyline might evolve.

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I think Valentin did know Lulu was Charlotte's bio mother from the beginning (or close enough), but he hasn't had any reason until now to do anything about it.

Which makes this entire storyline even stupider, because who has legal right to Charlotte as of right now? Claudette, because didn't she take baby/toddler Charlotte and run?

50 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Why did Claud steal the hatched embryo? Because Valentin did "bad" things?

I think that was the original story, yes. That she went on the run with Charlotte because she was "afraid" of Valentin. Claudette never had any legal claim to Charlotte, did she? Does Valentin? Is it as simple as Lulu going to the courts and proving herself to be the mother and getting at least some rights to her daughter instated?

Edited by LexieLily
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

Claudette never had any legal claim to Charlotte, did she? Does Valentin? Is it as simple as Lulu going to the courts and proving herself to be the mother and getting at least some rights to her daughter instated?

Valentin established himself legally as Charlotte's biological father, back when Griffin ridiculously tried to get custody.

And yes, it would be easy enough for Lulu to get some kind of legal visitation rights once she establishes her bio ties, but that's of course not what she wants, she wants to strip Valentin of custody without offering a legal reason the court should.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Valentin established himself legally as Charlotte's biological father, back when Griffin ridiculously tried to get custody.

And yes, it would be easy enough for Lulu to get some kind of legal visitation rights once she establishes her bio ties, but that's of course not what she wants, she wants to strip Valentin of custody without offering a legal reason the court should.

*sigh* Lulu is making this so much harder on herself and everyone than it needs to be.

• Love 4

It would be funny if Valentin said he didn't want his daughter in the same house as a man who managed to shoot himself in the chest (as per Dante's testimony when he lied about Sonny shooting him).

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I wonder how long this custody battle will last. I am not looking forward to everyone getting their day(s) in court.

I heard a rumor that Nina is going to bring up in court Dante cheating on Lulu, which A) WHY is that relevant? and B) If *that* is the way the custody battle is going to go I am very much not looking forward to it. At least Valentin's psychopathic tendencies and already-committed crimes and Nina's mental illness and babynapping Avery have some relevance to questions about Charlotte's care. 

• Love 4

I was surprised we saw Felix today. He and Sabrina always had such a symbiotic relationship that I figured when she died, he would disappear. I wish he would have administered some energy drinks to Sam and Jason. Every scene between them has the same even, hushed tone. Are they talking about mob business or what kind of cereal to buy? It's all so emotionless.

"Completely legitimate art dealer" is the new "I'm in the coffee business." Does Ava really not know about Liv? Their reunion should be fun to see.

We get it, Valentin, you were an ugly duckling and now you're a powerful swan. This stuff happened decades ago, please find yourself a therapist and learn how to move past it. I recommend Kevin.

We should all be proud of Franco today. He restrained himself and only beat Seth up and briefly choked him. That's progress! He's a different man now! Liz is so lucky to have him! 

• Love 4

I'm slightly surprised Seth wasn't vilified more than he was.  I thought for sure he'd turn out to be a rapist or he'd try to kill Liz just to make Franco's halo shine that much bright.  And, of course - and not to excuse Tom or Seth - no mention of how Franco set these events into motion.

Jason asking Sonny to meet him at the hospital...isn't Sonny still under house arrest?

Shut up, Nina.

• Love 8

Does Ava really not know about Liv? 

No.  Julian specifically said he didn't want Ava to know what was going on , for her own safety.  

We should all be proud of Franco today. He restrained himself and only beat Seth up and briefly choked him. That's progress! He's a different man now! Liz is so lucky to have him! 

UGH.  This makes me so stabby and violent.  I just can't with the whole Franco.  Congrats to the show because I now hate someone with the heat of a million suns, more than my hatred for Sonny.  I actually liked the Sonny/Ava scene today, so I guess the show succeeded somehow, someway.  

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm slightly surprised Seth wasn't vilified more than he was.  I thought for sure he'd turn out to be a rapist or he'd try to kill Liz just to make Franco's halo shine that much bright.  And, of course - and not to excuse Tom or Seth - no mention of how Franco set these events into motion.

Jason asking Sonny to meet him at the hospital...isn't Sonny still under house arrest?

Shut up, Nina.

I wonder how many times we have to say "Shut up, Nina" before she actually does. Is it three times like the Bloody Mary urban legend? I don't know why Nina is so shocked and surprised at anything Valentin says. His last name is Cassadine, after all

Yes.  I had the impression Jason was asking Sonny to remove the monitor and sneak into the hospital.  

• Love 3

For once, for ONCE, Liz is able to voice, even just a bit, to someone other than Franco, about HER journey after the rape and it is almost IMMEDIATELY followed by Franco bursting in to beat up Seth.  No more talking Liz!

That was straight out of the Jason hero playbook.  It was so ridiculous and laughable.

And quite frankly, I didn't think Seth was going to hurt Liz. Not even a bit.  He needed to confess, so he did.  When Liz insisted he wouldn't be broken by this, he seemed desperate to believe her. I didn't think he was wondering if she was small enough to fit into the trunk of his car.  So I don't really get why suddenly Liz was fearful and quaking like he was going to stab her with a trophy. The only thing he said was he didn't know what he was going to do, and that I *can* believe because the actor sold Seth's anguish and guilt and adrenaline beautifully.  And I loved his outrage at being compared to Tom and the line about not getting off on hurting women?

Really hung in the air. No surprise Liz had zero acknowledged reaction of it. What a pathetic, woman hating story (and GH is always good for woman hating).

If Sam and Jason REALLY want to have an HONEST conversation about safety, they need to stop rubbing up with mobsters and doing their bidding. And perhaps, not living off blood money Jason earned in the mob would help too. Maybe acknowledge their history of mob support and revelry and how they'll never truly be free of it because of THEIR actions and choices. But these smug, holier than thou idiots will NEVER get there.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Vella said:

And quite frankly, I didn't think Seth was going to hurt Liz. Not even a bit.

Yeah, I agree.  I legitimately thought we were going to see Seth come at Liz with a knife, or even grab her in a more menacing way, when Franco barged in.

• Love 2

And quite frankly, I didn't think Seth was going to hurt Liz. Not even a bit.

He looked like he was ready to climb in the fetal position and cry.  At that point, Liz could have taken him.  But no, we have to have Captain Greasy Hair Rage A Holic barge in and be his nasty self.  

• Love 6
52 minutes ago, Linny said:

We get it, Valentin, you were an ugly duckling and now you're a powerful swan. This stuff happened decades ago, please find yourself a therapist and learn how to move past it. I recommend Kevin.

Kevin might not be the best choice, but why was Valentin throwing a pity-party for himself for the whole episode? Because he had scoliosis and Anna rejected him when he tried to kiss her? Man up, dude! He's the whiniest bad guy ever.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 6

Wow, ER is really getting big.

Everything Dante sneered at Julian applied equally to Sonny, but of course Julian is the one who's evul. Haaaaate.

I don't know why we had to hear the sad ballad of Valentin the hunchback again. He could have told Nina about knowing Anna without all of that pity party.

35 minutes ago, Linny said:

We should all be proud of Franco today. He restrained himself and only beat Seth up and briefly choked him. That's progress! He's a different man now!

And of course none of this gives Liz pause.

LOL that Anna suggested to Lulu that the scorched-earth approach to custody might not be the best one. How many people is that now that Lulu won't listen to? Too many. 

That picture of Valentin back in the day is UCG.

• Love 3

Because he had scoliosis and Anna rejected him when he tried to kiss her?

and

He could have told Nina about knowing Anna without all of that pity party.

But then, we wouldnt have had NIna  be his cheerleader and be all, "I think you're wonderful and amazing if that evul Anna doesn't".  And then Valentin could have that one tear roll down his cheek in appreciation of his loving wife.  Didn't it hit you in the feels?

9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

How many people is that now that Lulu won't listen to? Too many. 

Cue Lulu losing her shit completely and gets carted off to Ferncliff, for two months, while Emme has her baby.  Then when Emme returns from mat leave, Lulu's all better and comes out of the crazy house, ready to parent her daughter appropriately.

Valentin is more like the phantom of the opera than Quasimodo. He's all cool and mysterious at first, and then he starts crying cause no one loves his evil murdering ass cause he's ugly, and it feels awkward and all the attraction goes away.

Why does Liz sound so HORRIFIED that Tom beat Franco and put him in a locker room. I guess cause she loves him? But she sounded like Tom kicked a puppy.

Did Franco actually help solve the case? Did he say anything to Nathan about his suspicions about Seth? Either way, shut up, Franco.

Why was Liz just STANDING there? Call the cops! Oh, wait, that would mean Hero Franco would have to get taken in for assault, given Seth was doing nothing to Liz.

All I could think of during the Jason/Sam scenes was about @HeatLifer lol. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Wow, ER is really getting big.

I don't know why we had to hear the sad ballad of Valentin the hunchback again. He could have told Nina about knowing Anna without all of that pity party.

She really is.  I'm glad they didn't write it in, though.

He's reeling her in.

3 hours ago, ulkis said:

It would be funny if Valentin said he didn't want his daughter in the same house as a man who managed to shoot himself in the chest (as per Dante's testimony when he lied about Sonny shooting him).

I love this idea and I'm so bummed it won't happen.

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Valentin is more like the phantom of the opera than Quasimodo. He's all cool and mysterious at first, and then he starts crying cause no one loves his evil murdering ass cause he's ugly, and it feels awkward and all the attraction goes away.

Ever since the disfigured face reveal my sister calls him Phantom of the Opera lol.

I skipped so much of this episode that I can't really comment on anything. All I can say is that even in fast forward so much of it both bored and enraged me.

• Love 1

I wish Sonny's house had blown up while he and Ava were talking.

Can Valentin stop?

Someone tell Alexis that getting her license back doesn't mean she will be forced to practice law if she's not ready. She could just chill. What a stupid plot point. 

Shoutout to Liez for just standing there while her rapist serial killer boyfriend attacks Seth. Freako could've locked Seth in a dog cage and she still probably would've just stood there. 

If the stupid writers were going to have stupid Freako save stupid low rent Nancy Drew they could've at least had Seth attempt to hurt her. As it is, Liez wasn't in any real danger and Freako attacked a man for no reason. 

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

If the stupid writers were going to have stupid Freako save stupid low rent Nancy Drew they could've at least had Seth attempt to hurt her. As it is, Liez wasn't in any real danger and Freako attacked a man for no reason

Like he attacked Tom and locked him in a dog cage when he hadn't done anything to Liz in this time frame? At least he's consistent, we can give him that.

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

ER seems kind of halfhearted about it, which cracks me up

When they first walked in Genie moved to sort of stand in front of Emme, and Emme actually moved to the side, like she didn't want to be hidden.  Made me chuckle.  

24 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Someone tell Alexis that getting her license back doesn't mean she will be forced to practice law if she's not ready. She could just chill.

Excellent point.  

24 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

and Freako attacked a man for no reason. 

IN HIS OWN HOME.

9 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

At least he's consistent, we can give him that.

But apparently he's cured since the tumour was removed.  Or so I've been told.  

2 hours ago, ulkis said:

Did he say anything to Nathan about his suspicions about Seth? Either way, shut up, Franco.

Right?  He snarked something about how it took them so long to get there, yet he never told him that's where he'd gone.  Guh.  It's like every day there's a new level of hate that I feel for him.  

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Like he attacked Tom and locked him in a dog cage when he hadn't done anything to Liz in this time frame? At least he's consistent, we can give him that.

I wonder how many more people Freako will attack under the guise of protecting Liez.

• Love 5

What is with Sam's constant "pain"?  Every time she moves, stands up, sits down, she holds the side of her "belly" and takes  a sharp intake of air and winces and today she actually said ouch.  I've been pregnant twice, yes, there were moments of streching that were painful, but I don't remember holding the side of my belly and wincing as often as she does.  Am I the only one?

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Perkie said:

But apparently he's cured since the tumour was removed.  Or so I've been told.  

Or so we've been told consistently. But one of Nathan's lines last week to Liz was something to the effect of "Franco has had a long list of crimes, both before and after his tumor, what makes you so sure he's innocent?"

They can't have it both ways and call him reformed - insist Franco is reformed to an extent that Jean/Shelley are actively dismissive of legit Franco concerns - and then have lines like that make it to air. Because all that does it put it put there again that, after the tumor was removed that was allegedly the reason for all of Franco's murders and rapes and tortures, Franco kidnapped people, blackmailed, attempted to kill, and fled the country with a kidnapped baby. 

• Love 3

I'm tired of hearing about dear, dead Morgan.

I'm tired of Anna and her obsession with Valentin.

I'm tired of Lulu being so damn stupid.

I'm tired of everyone (especially Michael) forgetting who and what exactly Sonny is and what he's done.

I'm tired of missing Tracy, who really needs more air time.

Maybe I need to nap during the show.

• Love 11
On 1/31/2017 at 6:55 PM, LexieLily said:

They can't have it both ways and call him reformed - insist Franco is reformed to an extent that Jean/Shelley are actively dismissive of legit Franco concerns - and then have lines like that make it to air. Because all that does it put it put there again that, after the tumor was removed that was allegedly the reason for all of Franco's murders and rapes and tortures, Franco kidnapped people, blackmailed, attempted to kill, and fled the country with a kidnapped baby. 

RC didn't have any real interest in"reforming" Franco, he just wanted the audience to stop complaining about him being a kidnapping, rapist SERIAL KILLER. 

He wanted to write VicTodd for RoHo because he didn't get to do it on OLTL.

But, since the tumor, there's been no actual character growth or change - he just doesn't serial murder people anymore. That's not nothing, but it doesn't make up for the fact that he's still a violent, malicious sociopath. And it's years too late to pretend otherwise.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

RC didn't have any real interest in"reforming" Franco, he just wanted the audience to stop complaining about him being a kidnapping, rapist SERIAL KILLER. 

He wanted to write VicTodd for RoHo because he didn't get to do it on OLTL. But since the tumor, there's been no actual character growth or change - he just doesn't serial murder people anymore. That's not nothing, but it doesn't make up for the fact that he's still a violent, malicious sociopath. It's years too late to pretend otherwise.

But he is. Lol. And that's what makes it so frustrating. He might not be a serial killer anymore, but he is a kidnapper.

• Love 1

I couldn't make it through the Liz stuff today.  Her voice reaches an octave that hurts my ears when she cries or pleas or begs.

But of course....She can't "save" herself.  Franco has to rush in and be the "hero".  And I am sorry, but he looks like an unwashed homeless person.    It would have been nice to let Liz completely talk Seth down, and call the cops.  And then maybe you can have Franco come, but at least establish that you (the writers) don't find ALL the women folk useless.

I wonder if Sam will share what SHE was up to today with her husband?  Especially since she just promised him not to break in anywhere or scale walls, and she pretty much did just that like an hour earlier.  I am ready for something to HAPPEN though.  My god.  This Morgan storyline shit is excruciating.

• Love 11

I thought it was sweet that Jason called Sam, honey. She calls him pet names all the time. This wasn't surprising to me as Steve's, Jason used to make her dinner and served her tea on silver trays.

I wouldn't even call the danger they are in mob related. They just have a crazy family as the threat is coming from Sam's side again. Jelly and Frank's idea of the mob sucks.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

He wanted to write VicTodd for RoHo because he didn't get to do it on OLTL. But since the tumor, there's been no actual character growth or change - he just doesn't serial murder people anymore. That's not nothing, but it doesn't make up for the fact that he's still a violent, malicious sociopath. It's years too late to pretend otherwise.

5 hours ago, LexieLily said:

But he is. Lol. And that's what makes it so frustrating. He might not be a serial killer anymore, but he is a kidnapper.

5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

And the dude has a hair-trigger temper. Gentle Farmer Franco isn't exactly chill.

Post tumor Freako has stabbed Heather with the intent to murder her, tortured Tom and possibly would've killed him if he hadn't escaped, possibly would've killed Seth if he weren't worried about looking bad in precious low rent Nancy Drew's eyes, makes vulgar comments to Sam, hides in the back of Liez's car at night, traps himself alone in an elevator with Liez, has an unnecessary relationship with a disturbed child, has made several threats, and generally acts like a creepy freak who would randomly slit your throat if he happened to wake up on the wrong side of the bed that morning. So, while it's been a few years since Freako has sexually violated anyone, gotten anyone raped, or succeeded in murdering anyone, he still acts like a rapist serial killer. 

• Love 15