Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Lulu is off the wall.  She asks Nina why she's there?  Hello?  Sister of the groom!  And since when does she get  a say in who brings whom to the party.  Not her wedding.    I felt bad for Nina when Lulu went there about Nina not having kids.   And Robin, Lulu would not definitely get Charlotte.  Charlotte happens to love her father, something the people looking out for her seems to forget.

Loved Hayden and Tracy.  Great friendship chemistry, as well as Finn and Tracy.  And I confess to loving Hayden with Finn.  If they off him now, I"m done.

Can we please go a day without hearing Morgan's name?  Just one.  Consider it my Chanukah present.

Ava and KiKi were sweet.  The rest--blah!

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Perkie said:

If the baby rattle was Carly's and Nelle has it, is it possible that Carly is Nelle's half sister somehow, rather than her daughter?  Like,  Carly's dad was Corbin Bernsen, so he's also Nelle's dad, but for whatever reason she was given to whoever and grew up poor whereas Carly grew up less poor and is now rich.  

We really need to know what Nelle's plan is, and why. If she's mad about the kidney, go after Jax, as he was (ugh) the one who arranged it, not Carly. If she's mad about Carly being rich, that's just dumb—Nelle has seen enough of Carly's life to realize money doesn't buy happiness. If she's mad about John Durant dumping her on someone else, well, Bobbie was a teenager hooker mom and Carly didn't find out who her father was until she was an adult. Plus, he's dead. 

Whatever Nelle is trying to revenge, there's not much to revenge there.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Perkie said:

If the baby rattle was Carly's and Nelle has it , is it possible that Carly is Nelle's half sister somehow, rather than her daughter?  Like,  Carly's dad was Corbin Bernsen, so he's also Nelle's dad, but for whatever reason she was given to whoever and grew up poor whereas Carly grew up less poor and is now rich.  

I'm just trying to find a way for Nelle to be pissed at Carly without her being Michael's sister.  

She could have been Tony's long lost daughter out for revenge and then they could have done Michael/Nelle. Although they shouldn't either way.

• Love 2

Whatever Nelle is trying to revenge, there's not much to revenge there.

They're trying to be suspensfull but all they're doing is being stupid.   By the time they get around to telling us why she wants to revenge, it won't make any sense with the earlier scenes (pissed at Jax/kidney, pissed at Sonny/?, pissed at Carly/?, pissed at Carly's childhood).  

But again these are the same people who have Julian threaten Alexis with a knife and will now say that he was forced to do it to protect his kids or some such nonsense.  

• Love 5
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

There'd be no dramatic reason for Nathan to find out he's still married at any other time. It's an uncreative way to stall the wedding no matter what.

OK, now I'm confused: a few weeks ago, when the PCPD was trying to find Claudette, didn't someone hang up the phone after talking to the Canadian police and say something along the lines of "if they can't locate her after a week, they just call her dead." ??

'Cause if that happened, then Nathan is a widower, but free to marry. 

And don't you have to provide proof of divorce before you can get another marriage license anyway? 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Even though they've been talking about it forever, it weirdly felt like it came out of nowhere today.  Is it just me?

Were we supposed to know that Nathan & Maxie were getting married today? I don't think SOD even hints at it on their cover from what I recall. Of course, maybe it's not going off but it's so weird that wasn't any build up. I think I recall him proposing but that's about it. The Nathan & Maxie pairing sort of dyed out last year. I don't know if it's because KS had left for a while or Ryan Paevey seems less enthused by the pairing that the wedding is so out of left field. It's great seeing Mac, Felicia & Robyn. At least, the show is putting some thought in to the history of Maxie. As for, Nathan.....I always forget that Nathan & Nina are siblings. The characters & actors are so NOT sibling material. I don't even get the impression they like each other on or off the show. All in all, the pre wedding farce was out of the blue. I had no idea they were getting married. I've been watching this show since 1978 and I was surprised. Maybe, I had fallen asleep for the build up.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, CookieBud said:

Can we please go a day without hearing Morgan's name?  Just one.  Consider it my Chanukah present.

Aren't you taking a shot every time his name is mentioned? Like the rest of us? After a while, your ears start to buzz and you don't have to hear it any more.

• Love 3

So I went ahead and watched the Lucas scenes from Tuesday and, as dubbel zout said, I believe, it was a breath of fresh air to see Ryan Carnes.  But oh boy do I have comments/complaints:

1) Jason's flailing hand slaps and "Hey buddy/champ!" attitude with Lucas was so weird.  Have these two even had a scene since Sam and Jason have been back together?

2) Lucas asks Sam if she heard about Julian's accident.  Which would mean that these two haven't talked since, what, Thanksgiving?  They haven't talked in a month, during the holiday season?  Which is especially weird because...

3) Sam thanks Lucas for Danny's Christmas presents.  How did she get these presents if, as just noted, they haven't talked in a month, didn't celebrate together, etc.  

4) The talk about Lucas and Brad starting a family.  I bet "Jelly" are patting themselves on the back so hard about this being progressive and groundbreaking that it was casually discussed, but it's a) bullshit we didn't see Lucas and Brad having this discussion and b) it's not like this is going to turn into a real story for them anyway.

5) Lucas does mention working on NYE, presumably his excuse for not being at Maxie's wedding (which is horseshit), but shouldn't Lucas and Sam then have talked about that?  Is Sam herself invited to the wedding?  Because it doesn't seem like it.

6) As previously noted, Lucas randomly knowing Chinese to serve as a plot point in Sam and Jason's snooze of an investigation was stupid.

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, rur said:

Aren't you taking a shot every time his name is mentioned? Like the rest of us? After a while, your ears start to buzz and you don't have to hear it any more.

Can't I  take shots and hope for a Chanukah present as well?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, CookieBud said:

Lulu is off the wall.  She asks Nina why she's there?  Hello?  Sister of the groom!  And since when does she get  a say in who brings whom to the party.  Not her wedding.    I felt bad for Nina when Lulu went there about Nina not having kids.   And Robin, Lulu would not definitely get Charlotte.  Charlotte happens to love her father, something the people looking out for her seems to forget.

Lulu's argument about Valentin not being welcome at the wedding because he's a murderer might have more validity if, ya know, her father-in-law wasn't one.  Just sayin.'

And it's always nice to see Robin, but she knows nothing about the Charlotte sitch so the whole "of course you'll get full custody" argument was eye-rolling.

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

but she knows nothing about the Charlotte sitch so the whole "of course you'll get full custody" argument was eye-rolling.

She was told about Valentin and knows the Cassadines are nuts, so I didn't think it was weird that she would believe Lulu has the best chance in court. Although Robin should also know how PC works aka the psychos keep winnin'.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Lulu's argument about Valentin not being welcome at the wedding because he's a murderer might have more validity if, ya know, her father-in-law wasn't one.  Just sayin.'

Is her father-in-law invited to the wedding? And she didn't even invite the man to either of her weddings.

Lulu gave him a best grandpa mug once but overall is hardly his advocate.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Is her father-in-law invited to the wedding? And she didn't even invite the man to either of her weddings.

Lulu gave him a best grandpa mug once but overall is hardly his advocate.

Well, considering he was under house arrest for the second wedding, no.

Once upon a time, Lulu couldn't stand Sonny, but that's all in the past and she seems perfectly fine being in his company, so, yes, I'd say he's A-OK with her.

Also, total low blow to throw Nina's infertility in her face considering her own issues.  I guess all that "I want to experience pregnancy" whining is over now that she's got Charlotte to obsess over.

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Well, considering he was under house arrest for the second wedding, no.

They could have easily brought the wedding to his house or waited. They chose to leave out Sonny. My fanwank and I'm sticking to it. :)

• Love 5

Of course Lucas and Sam aren't at this broke down wedding. Jelly can never be bothered to make sure ALL of the right people show up for big these life events.

Zzzz at everything involving Nelly.

I hope Ava was right about never seeing Kiki again. Let her ass stay in LA.

Maxie overdosed on cold medicine on purpose.

STFU Lulu. This isn't your wedding and you don't get to dictate who gets invited. I'm sure Maxie and Tree already assumed Nina would bring Valentin so if they didn't want him there they would've said so.

Jelly obviously can't be bothered with Maxie/Tree so I don't know why they don't just let them get married and be done with it.

My favorite part about this episode was Bobbie reading Nelly in the previews  

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 3

Jelly obviously can't be bothered with Maxie/Tree so I don't know why they don't just let them get married and be done with it.

That's what I was thinking too, why bother putting sticks in the wheels on a relatioship that gets two minutes air time every two weeks.  

And it's always nice to see Robin, but she knows nothing about the Charlotte sitch so the whole "of course you'll get full custody" argument was eye-rolling.

I just thought it was Robin trying to placate the crazy lady, rather than actually beleiving Lulu has a chance.  It was a pat on the head more than anything.  

Re Kiki and Dillon:  How long of a bus ride would it be from PC to LA?  Days?  And if the flights were grounded, because of a storm, wouldn't the buses have been cancelled as well?  Why are both sooooo desperate to get to LA, that they would take an eleventy day bus ride rather than wait a day to catch another flight once planes were  back up in the air.  

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Re Kiki and Dillon:  How long of a bus ride would it be from PC to LA?  Days?  And if the flights were grounded, because of a storm, wouldn't the buses have been cancelled as well?  Why are both sooooo desperate to get to LA, that they would take an eleventy day bus ride rather than wait a day to catch another flight once planes were  back up in the air.  

Kiki claims she's interviewing for a job, which seems questionable to me.  I don't think companies normally bother interviewing someone who lives on the other side of the country when they have no relevant experience or even a degree, Unless she's interviewing for a waitress job, she has nothing to offer.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Were we supposed to know that Nathan & Maxie were getting married today?

It was always NYE. The show never does a good job of marking time.

11 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

4) The talk about Lucas and Brad starting a family.  I bet "Jelly" are patting themselves on the back so hard about this being progressive and groundbreaking that it was casually discussed, but it's a) bullshit we didn't see Lucas and Brad having this discussion and b) it's not like this is going to turn into a real story for them anyway.

Brad is pro and Lucas is con, at least at the moment. So boring that this will cause conflict. So stupid we didn't see them discuss kids before they got married. So TFGH to exclude these kinds of scenes (onscreen).

9 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, total low blow to throw Nina's infertility in her face considering her own issues.  I guess all that "I want to experience pregnancy" whining is over now that she's got Charlotte to obsess over.

Yeah, that was gross. Lulu is hardly one to talk. I really liked how MSt reacted to that line.

42 minutes ago, Perkie said:

I just thought it was Robin trying to placate the crazy lady, rather than actually beleiving Lulu has a chance.  It was a pat on the head more than anything.  

Same here; Robin didn't want Lulu getting more overwrought than she already was. Maxie's wedding is not about your legal issues, Lulu!

43 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Re Kiki and Dillon:  How long of a bus ride would it be from PC to LA?  Days?

Three or four days. I love how they were the only passengers on the bus. Everyone else has faith the weather delays won't muck things up too badly. Heh.

• Love 3

Yeah, what a weird contrivance.  If the writers wanted to trap them together so they can finally work out their ish, there are a million other options besides a bus to Los Angeles.  That's what elevators and snowed-in cabins are for.

• Love 6

I got behind on my viewing again and had to work through four episodes quickly. I watched everything with Hayden, Tracy, and Finn; I watched Liz and, reluctantly, Franco, which got me a side order of Dante and Scott (I like both of them); I watched a little bit of Carly and brood; a little bit of Alexis and Julian. I did not watch one scene involving Jason, Maxie's marriage, Valentin's kid or anyone sharing scenes with Valentin's kid.  Nothing against the little girl who plays her. Just ain't nobody got time for that, if that meme is not too moldy.  

I wouldn't bother sharing that, but this was funny to me: When I was deleting the episodes, the one I was least interested in, the one I just completely skipped based on the description, is the one that would not go away. The tease began "Jason investigates a pawn shop," and it got no better from there. But I kept deleting, and it would say "wait a second," and then nothing. I tried a few methods, like playing the very end of it and waiting for the "Delete episode?" box to pop up...nope, still there. 

I had this nightmare of a bad General Hospital episode -- in high definition, yet -- taking up real estate until I swapped out the DVR box. Honestly, my bigger nightmare was that I'd never be able to click "My DVR" on the remote when I had company over, because then they'd know I watch this. I'd be ostracized in the community. I'd be walking down the street, and people would say, "Hey, Asp Burger. How are things with Sonny Corinthos? Is he still in pain?" and then run away snickering.

Fortunately, rebooting by unplugging the DVR and plugging it back in after a minute made it possible to delete it. Whew.  

I will say something about a recent show: Becky Herbst just rocked those scenes at the police station, especially the ones in which she was rightly pissed off at Franco. She is earning her keep in that story and that pairing, even though I do not love it.  

• Love 7
46 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

I will say something about a recent show: Becky Herbst just rocked those scenes at the police station, especially the ones in which she was rightly pissed off at Franco. She is earning her keep in that story and that pairing, even though I do not love it.  

BH always gives 110% to every scene she is in. One of the myriad reasons why it's so maddening to see the way the show constantly demeans and disrespects her character.

• Love 11
16 hours ago, Perkie said:

I wish my cold medication worked as fast and as strong as Maxie's.  

It would if you took 10, brydog style, like Maxie did!*

*For those of you who may not know what I'm talking about:

"Bryan Craig was sick on his first day working at GH so he tried to compensate by taking Advil...but instead of taking just two, he kept taking more and more. Finally, he had to tell FV in the middle of taping that he felt like he was going to die and an ambulance was called and they figured out he had OD'd on Advil. All he could think was how humiliating and he's probably going to get fired on his first day. Luckily for him that didn't happen. His pending scenes were moved back to the next day. But he thinks no one can beat that for a bad first day on a new soap job."

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

It would if you took 10, brydog style, like Maxie did!*

*For those of you who may not know what I'm talking about:

"Bryan Craig was sick on his first day working at GH so he tried to compensate by taking Advil...but instead of taking just two, he kept taking more and more. Finally, he had to tell FV in the middle of taping that he felt like he was going to die and an ambulance was called and they figured out he had OD'd on Advil. All he could think was how humiliating and he's probably going to get fired on his first day. Luckily for him that didn't happen. His pending scenes were moved back to the next day. But he thinks no one can beat that for a bad first day on a new soap job."

Geez, how much did he take?  When I was a teenager, I had some serious issues with ovarian cysts, and it wasn't uncommon for me to just dump an indeterminate number of Nuprin in my hand and toss them all back when the pain got unbearable.  I'm guessing BryDog weighs about twice what I weighed at that time.  Did he take the whole damn bottle?  

Jordan looked AMAZING. Her dress was fantastic. I also really liked Nina's dress. I forgot to mention that yesterday.

Jason wearing a tuxedo and not whining about it? He really is a different Jason.

There's no reason for Alexis to be at Maxie's wedding except for plot reasons.

Oof, it takes a kid of hers actually dying for Carly to wonder if Sonny will finally change his ways?

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

This Nell crap is so stupid.  Back when Joss needed a kidney, why wouldn't Carly think of finding her long lost kid, if only just to harvest her organs?  And of course Jax will be the bad guy.

• Love 2

"Where's Patrick? Parking the car?"

"No, he's on Young and the Restless now. "

I've been watching off and on since the late 70's and I think of all the bad actors I've seen on this show, JZ is the worst. I can't stand watching her even for a couple of minutes. 

I love Lucy's dress. 

Show of hands for who didn't call it that Nina and Valentin would hijack the now-defunct Maxie/Nathan wedding to get married and better help Valentin's fight for sole custody of Charlotte. (Don't you need witnesses to get married?) It would probably matter more to me if I cared one bit about Nina or Valentin. None of the adults except Dante and Laura are thinking about what's best for Charlotte.

Is Lucy the only justice of the peace in Port Charles? (If Kevin/Laura ever decide to marry, please take yourselves out of town to do so).

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 4

Oh, Dante. I had hoped you would be the voice of reason for Lulu, to at least force her to consider how Charlotte might feel if she's forced to live with a bunch of people she barely knows. Instead you've decided to bow to her crazy.

2 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Valentin's fight for sole custody of Charlotte

Lulu is the one who wants sole custody of Charlotte; Valentin is fine with joint.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Show of hands for who didn't call it that Nina and Valentin would hijack the now-defunct Maxie/Nathan wedding to get married and better help Valentin's fight for sole custody of Charlotte.

I don't get how in the world Valentin marrying Nina, a woman who kidnapped a baby and dated an ex-serial killer, can remotely help his case. oh well, GH custody court case logic I suppose, where dating a cop is a negative point for one's case.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I don't get how in the world Valentin marrying Nina, a woman who kidnapped a baby and dated an ex-serial killer, can remotely help his case. oh well, GH custody court case logic I suppose, where dating a cop is a negative point for one's case.

It is quite possible that Valentin doesn't know this about her. But Nina was just complaining to Franco months ago that with her history there was no way she would be allowed to adopt a child, so what makes her think that her history combined with Valentin's would help his custody case? For whatever you think of Lante, they are married and have a home and stable careers (or career, does Lulu have a job?).

• Love 2

Ugh Robin propping Sonny is the worst. I hate it. Makes me dislike her. 

Jason asking after Patrick made me chuckle. Considering he was engaged to his wife. Which never got talked about ever lol. 

Jason/Robin seemed awkward this time around IDK. 

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Is Lucy the only justice of the peace in Port Charles? (If Kevin/Laura ever decide to marry, please take yourselves out of town to do so).

Most of the vets are - Mac and Kevin both officiated wedings this year.  I thought Lucy doing the job in this case - as the MOTB's best friend - was a sweet choice.

But of course, it wasn't about that at all.  I dunno what the writers were thinking with this.  Soap weddings that are more comedic STUFF! (trademark the "Again with This" podcast) work for some couples - Bo and Nora on OLTL are a great example - but is not really tonally right for Maxie and Nathan.  It not happening after all this build-up was a big fuck you to those who are fans of theirs.  And it all being an excuse to get Nina and Valentin married?  WHO CARES!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

It is quite possible that Valentin doesn't know this about her. But Nina was just complaining to Franco months ago that with her history there was no way she would be allowed to adopt a child, so what makes her think that her history combined with Valentin's would help his custody case? For whatever you think of Lante, they are married and have a home and stable careers (or career, does Lulu have a job?).

Yes, she runs the Haunted Star.

Valentin has to know about Nina, he's a Cassadiiiiiiiine. ;)

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, backhometome said:

Jason/Robin seemed awkward this time around IDK. 

Billy was awkward and they gave him nothing, as usual.

And the writers acted like Sam and Robin were besties and catching up. They were squeeing and hugging. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Nina was just complaining to Franco months ago that with her history there was no way she would be allowed to adopt a child, so what makes her think that her history combined with Valentin's would help his custody case?

I hope it comes as an incredibly unpleasant surprise to him

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Most of the vets are - Mac and Kevin both officiated wedings this year.  I thought Lucy doing the job in this case - as the MOTB's best friend - was a sweet choice.

But of course, it wasn't about that at all.  I dunno what the writers were thinking with this.  Soap weddings that are more comedic STUFF! (trademark the "Again with This" podcast) work for some couples - Bo and Nora on OLTL are a great example - but is not really tonally right for Maxie and Nathan.  It not happening after all this build-up was a big fuck you to those who are fans of theirs.  And it all being an excuse to get Nina and Valentin married?  WHO CARES!

Apparently there will be another one

And the writers acted like Sam and Robin were besties and catching up. They were squeeing and hugging. 

Havent they always been friendly? didnt seem that weird to me. Now if it was Sam/Liez hugging and squeezing then I would call BS. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:
10 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Nina was just complaining to Franco months ago that with her history there was no way she would be allowed to adopt a child, so what makes her think that her history combined with Valentin's would help his custody case?

I hope it comes as an incredibly unpleasant surprise to him

Not me. I want Lulu to lose and lose big. She's unbearable.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, backhometome said:

Havent they always been friendly? didnt seem that weird to me. Now if it was Sam/Liez hugging and squeezing then I would call BS. 

They were over the top this time, which makes me think this was Kelly and KMc just being cute.  

Yes, Sam and Robin are friendly and are great to one another, but Robin is more Jason's friend. They should have been greeting/hugging and talking, etc.

• Love 3

My satellite went out for ten minutes and when it came back up Nina and Valentin were getting married. I guess that's to help his custody case? I don't understand how a quickie marriage to a woman he's known a few months makes him look responsible, but whatever. It'll make Lulu foam at the mouth, so I'm good with it.

Lucy's enthusiasm at being an officiant amuses me to no end. You'd think the fact that 98% of the weddings she's presided over haven't been successful would tarnish her excitement, but no. 

Oh, and during my missing ten minutes Kiki and Dillon worked things out. Dammit, it's not fair that the one time there's plot progression I miss it.

I can't bear to watch Sonny and Carly stand in his living room and have the same conversation for the twelfth time. 

I don't understand Nelle's endgame. She seems to truly like Michael, but he'll definitely drop her once he knows what she did to his parents. Maybe she thinks she can turn him against Carly, but we all know that's not going to happen. If Sonny killing AJ didn't turn Michael away for good, nothing can.

• Love 3

I admit, if some woman came and got all territorial about the child who she met two seconds ago and was stolen from me for years, I'd see red too and not be able to act rationally. I make the whole Charlotte situation seem so much less absurd than the way it actually about, heh.

• Love 3